• Strikes and Spares 56 votes
    4%
  • Kiss (Bally) 71 votes
    5%
  • Supersonic 51 votes
    4%
  • Grand Lizard 80 votes
    6%

(Multiple choice - 1308 votes by 788 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

July 2022 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-31-29 US PCE Inflation Rate (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-25-09 Pinball Playfield Hardtop (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 09-26-44 Featured Products (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
IMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3032 (resized).jpg
IMG_3509 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3322 (resized).jpg
391735939_806303518171699_5751947203509962681_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4605 (resized).jpeg
FP2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #274 Upcoming Game List Posted by Outsidedge (5 years ago)

Post #870 Hardtop Hiatus Clarification Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Post #1086 New Website - 11/29/2019 Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Post #1142 Xenon Hardtop Available Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Post #1246 Pin*bot Hardtop Available Posted by Outsidedge (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

Hotdoggin' please!!

1 week later
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

this is the place to make requests.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Hotdoggin' please!!

Will it make the list even though it is a widebody?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I added it when you posted it. Now we wait for approval.

I hope it gets approved. Thank you.

4 months later
#263 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I'm surprised more people don't install these.

You make it sound like the product has been available for 10 years. Seems most everyone wants a title that is not yet available.

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I think you think he is referring to the hardtops, but he is referring to LED OCD which has been out for at least 5+ years now. It should work fine on Sys 9. LED OCD is one of the best mods I've ever purchased as well.
If I got this wrong then you can tell me to stuff it.

I got that wrong since this was a hardtop thread.

#267 5 years ago

Hardtop needs more internet advertising. It would be nice as you release one to put it on your FB page so I can share it to my usual 4 FB groups that I post new parts to.

Even though ColorDMD has been around a long time now, there are still people I've known for 4 years in pinball that had no clue of them either.

#268 5 years ago

There will still be many that will want to see how one plays before purchasing.

#277 5 years ago

Outsidedge how long do you think before the SOF is ready to start shipping? Just asking for a friend.

4 weeks later
#385 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

I don’t think I’ll even need sandpaper. The existing paint flakes right off! Excellent HT candidate.
[quoted image]

I thought you were going the CPR playfield route?

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Does CPR even have a FG playfield available?

Yes. Jim has one that I am storing for him at my house.

Edit...oops. sorry the FG CPR was already been installed.
My old eyes thought I was looking at the Skateball.

1 month later
#446 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

1 - Pop out the inserts using a heat gun and pressure, heat and press flat, sand/polish, reinstall, and apply decals if required. Risks - could break, warp or crack the insert during the process. Replacement BK inserts are next to impossible to find.

Marco sells many sizes and shapes of inserts. Have you checked there?

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Thanx everyone...did some reading on it (including this entire thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lexan-playfield-protector-install-and-review) and I'm convinced. I not only bought one just now for my BK but also my Eight Ball Deluxe. My EBD also has a very nice looking playfield - no insert cupping, but there are rough spots on both inlanes close to the flippers whereby if you trap the ball with the flipper and then release the flipper, the ball stays stuck in the inlane and you have to nudge the cabinet to get it to roll down. The playfield protector should get rid of that annoyance, too!
The company is on holiday break and won't resume shipping until 10JAN, so it may not be until February that I see them. The sale they're running is 20% off your order if ordered by 31DEC....for me, it came out to about $40 which is equal to the shipping cost, so "free" shipping.
Thanx again for the guidance!

This thread is not about that product. Ask advice in the thread you lonked to.

Edit: You can start a new thread and create a poll to go with it. That would maximize your advice from others.

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Yes...found many BK2K inserts but no BK.

Did you shop by physical size? Marco has multiple insert generic sizes and colors not attached to specific games.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=inserts

#458 5 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

That being said, your playfield is way to nice to hardtop it. Good decision not to trash it.

Sadly, I do not have a BK. I was just trying to help find a solution because that is what I like doing.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Didn't mean to come across as an ass. My apologies.

No..no. I did not take that in a bad way at all. No worries.

1 week later
#520 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Is SOF coming along? I would be extremely appreciative of an approximate date, even if it might be the expected month of release. Pretty please!

+1 just asking for a friend

2 months later
#632 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I got 2 Swords of Fury games ready to go! I hope that one is next up. I also hope it is soon! lol.

I have a friend waiting on one as well.

2 months later
#770 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Still hoping for an Elektra upper and lower set. Most are blown out and I could use a set...

Definitely not this year.

#776 4 years ago
Quoted from middaleman:

I've seen a number of posts from people who want Hardtops for games where someone is making a full playfield.
This from the original post : "If any of the playfield manufacturers( CPR, Mirco, others) are making or planning on making a playfield it is off limits for us."
Has that changed somewhere and I missed it?

Must have changed since Taxi and Black Knight both playfields were made previously by CPR, though has been some years.

2 months later
#904 4 years ago

Keep calm.

1 month later
#956 4 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

We are getting ready to open a can of whoop ass on new titles... be patient for now. We are coming with more in a bigger way.

2019-10-04 23_11_29-giddy up meme - - Image Search Results (resized).png2019-10-04 23_11_29-giddy up meme - - Image Search Results (resized).png

1 week later
#980 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

When is Blackout supposed to happen? I thought it was supposed to be "late 2019"...

It is only October.

1 month later
#1072 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

You guys should consider selling clear hardtops, for other machines, to protect them for years to come.

Takes time to create them and beta test and make adjustments.

1 month later
#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from yatch11:

I coming to this party late and I'm sure this question has been asked somewhere in this thread already, so please excuse. I'm considering getting one for my Future Spa. As with most older games, most of my inserts have cupping issues, during the prep work, do you have to level them before you put down the hardtop?

You could even replace the cupped inserts with new ones. Though, you need to measure to get the correct size as they are not matched up with the games, but at least they are available to purchase.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=inserts

1 week later
#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I sold my Pinbot too soon.

= you saved yourself some work.

3 weeks later
#1275 4 years ago
Quoted from mc8045:

Just waiting for it to warm up here in Michigan to get this started.[quoted image]

Don't need warm air to tear down and sand that playfield.

#1280 4 years ago

I was just trying to help motivate you. I know sometimes I come home from work tired and need a kick in the ass to get some things done.

#1283 4 years ago

Funhouse!

1 week later
#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Not sure what happened but they seem to be back up. I love Google

I'm not seeing one for SoF. What happened?

#1299 4 years ago

Did you start recording it?

1 month later
#1395 3 years ago

Still hoping for Bad Cats

1 month later
#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Alright folks.... I will start a new round thread as well, but as a result of these polls coupled with emailed requests and comments at shows ... Here is the next round. The only wild card is Eight ball Deluxe. I need to confirm rights/permission first.
NEXT UP:
Eight ball Deluxe (pending)
Pinbot
Swords of Fury
Grand Lizard
Blackout
As we grow with titles we will try to do a better job on social media also. We are guilty of being consumed with commercial print work most of the time, and these marketing/communication steps sometimes fall by the wayside when it comes to our beloved pinball efforts.

I can't wait to see the next round of games that will be done once Grand Lizard is finished. I hope Bad Cats makes that list, even if it is another year before it is released.

1 week later
#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

...and the next title is...
http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com/
[quoted image]

Looks like Grand Lizard.

4 weeks later
#1582 3 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Yes! TimeWarp!

Thats awesome. I wonder when they will be ready?

Based on other hints until actual shipping, I say..within a month.

1 month later
#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Sign me up for a Time Warp! I just need to find a decent backglass.

How about a new CPR? https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/timewarp-glass/

1 month later
#1750 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Are there other upcoming titels in the near (2020) future?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 month later
#1798 3 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

Does anyone know if Paragon is a possibility? I know CPR made playfields but I believe they are all sold at this point. I have a Paragon with some playfield wear and cupped inserts and would love to try a hardtop.

Any non-licensed game has the best chance of getting made. Having said that, Outside Edge is not going to make that public until they begin working on it. Could be 2+ years away, if at all.

I say..just install mylar or a playfield protector to keep it in the state it is in now.

1 week later
#1807 3 years ago

Will we ever get a hardtop for Elektra or should we stop asking?

Sure will get one eventually, but if you look at the poll, it is currently not on their list to do. But, they have been known to throw in a surprise or two now and then.

1 month later
#1857 3 years ago
3 weeks later
#1882 3 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

I have a Pinbot install upcoming. Right now, the playfield is covered in mylar. After removing the mylar, do I need to get up any remaining adhesive residue, or can I advance straight to sanding?

Just sand it. Much easier to do and some time saved.

#1885 3 years ago
Quoted from Didj:

Bally Space Invaders - probably hard to license. But, when that playfield is roached, there's no hope except for a hardtop replacement.

A friend just installed a playfield overlay from Classic Arcades. The inserts and artwork line up on about half the playfield and not another half, but It does exist.

CPR already did at least one run of new playfields. You can email to find out when they may run again. https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-playfields/spaceinvaders/

#1893 3 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

I just read an article online that currently there is a whole new series of SUPERSONIC passenger jets in the works. Anyway, that got me to thinking...

It got you thinking about a new Stern Top Gun pin?

1 week later
#1928 3 years ago

Night Rider please.

1 month later
#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

Bally Star Trek. Can that ever happen or no?

Sure, it can.

#1989 2 years ago

Could be a year, 2, or 3 years away. Who really knows.

1 week later
#2013 2 years ago

+1

97150290be037aab8ebeddc74c1882785cc006d4.jpg (resized).png97150290be037aab8ebeddc74c1882785cc006d4.jpg (resized).png
#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

we don't! we just get to randomly name games with blown out playfields and have them said suggestions noted! it's fun. give it a go!

It helps if you say it 3 times.

Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice
Beetlejuice

Oh...wrong thread for that request.

2 weeks later
#2023 2 years ago
3 weeks later
#2037 2 years ago

Now looking forward to seeing what the next release is.

#2050 2 years ago
Quoted from ringonu:

On the F14 my guess based on owning one would be the issue with numerous inserts raising. If you put on a hardtop and then an insert raises people would be angry and blame hardtop. Only a guess, otherwise I have no clue.

Raised/sunken inserts happen on every title. If you don't level them before you install a Hardtop, that's your choice. Nothing to do with what titles Hardtop is doing.

2 weeks later
#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from Silverstreak02:

Does anyone make hardtops for EM’s?

Wizard has been released long ago. Outside Edge is the only one making Hardtops as they had developed this process.

http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com/

#2065 2 years ago

Looks like Silverball Mania is up next.
Screenshot_20210714-110905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210714-110905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#2073 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210717-170700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210717-170700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2101 2 years ago

Stern Catacomb.....nice!

#2106 2 years ago

William's Flash or Stern Lightning?Screenshot_20210805-090712_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210805-090712_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2124 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Looks like a Williams Flash in the background.

Bingo. I knew you were right.

Quoted from vid1900:

They probably won't do Flash, because CPR did it a few months ago

Sorry Vid. They also made Taxi Hardtops and a couple of others that CPR had already released. I would venture I guess that CPR had a certain time frame to get their playfield released.

Screenshot_20210905-075445_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210905-075445_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#2129 2 years ago

Any Hardtops in the queue for Elektra or Space Invaders? Both Bally games could use one.

Will not know until they give us hints.

2 weeks later
#2155 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210924-075932_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210924-075932_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2169 2 years ago

This one was posted before the F-14 hint.

#2174 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Somewhere earlier it was mentioned that they will make all of the B/W titles before making classic Stern or Gottlieb titles.

Stern Catacomb already has been released.

#2175 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yes but nobody likes Fire so it went under the radar

Shows you know nothing on that subject.

#2178 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

He was kidding man! It's a Beavis &Butthead reference i assume. Fire fire firefirefire !! (U cornholio!)

I am a B&B fan and it did not sound like a reference to me.

I read multiple comments from him and most of the time sounds like he hates all pinball titles for one reason or another.

#2180 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I sure don't understand this companies strategies for releasing titles. Some dumbass shit having people type in their guesses on this forum. Makes for some dumbass content!

Eventually, i can see all these old titles will get done. Just like ColorDMD, many B and C titles got done in the mix on what everyone considers their A titles. I know I am happy they are all getting done.

I work on many game titles, that I don't really like, for people because they want their favorite game working. I work on those games to see the joy they get out if playing their newly working game(s). Just wish I had more time in the day to do more for others.

1 week later
#2188 2 years ago
1 month later
#2206 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

Has there even been a WPC Hardtop made yet?

They literally just started their old solid state library. I'm sure they will be tapping into EM pins too. It is going to be a loooong time for a WPC game, and hope you are not asking about a licensed theme.

1 week later
#2211 2 years ago

It be close, folks.

4 weeks later
#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from ClaytonsCorner:

Any chance of a Black Knight 2000 hardtop?

Sure.

#2248 2 years ago
Quoted from ClaytonsCorner:

Is this a "sure" pointing out the semantics of my question or a "sure" saying you know something I don't know?

Sure, it can happen. Doesn't have a 3rd party license attached to it being an "unlicensed" theme. A few other system 11 games already been done.

1 week later
#2269 2 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Any tips for upcoming tittles?

They generally only do one hint after a new release. 8 ball coming soon.

#2280 2 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

I encountered an Eight Ball for sale near me that had a trashed playfield. I was kind of surprised that HT is not available. EB seems a natural candidate because so many were made and so many have worn playfields. The playfield itself does not appear to have licensing issues as the backglass would. Seems that game would be a good candidate for a future release.

See post #2269 above.

1 week later
#2284 2 years ago

Hard to tell...is the nine ball solid yellow or white with a yellow stripe?

#2290 2 years ago

Screenshot_20220127-125626_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220127-125626_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Looks like a match

Screenshot_20220127-130021_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220127-130021_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

. I would think Kiss would be a no-brainer given it's popularity, large production run, and poor condition many are found

Kiss is a licensed theme. Don't expect it anytime soon.

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from wrd1972:

Same with Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball. Damnit!!!

Least of your worries with that title. Haha. I kid. It is a fair shooter.

1 week later
#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

I want to order a Flash Gordon HT as soon as I can find out where. I am hoping that I can get it with these holes not drilled. Would make me so happy.
Mike

You need to email Outside Edge in order to order a FG Hardtop.

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Any chance of Capt. Fantastic?

If that is considered a 3rd party licensed game, don't expect it anytime soon.

3 weeks later
#2427 2 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Has anyone read/heard anything about a Whirlwind being made?

Current hint is for an Elektra. We don't really know beyond that.

Problem is PPS may have a deal with CPR and Mirco for no telling how long before a Hardtop can become available for Whirlwind.

#2433 2 years ago

I keep checking their site for when orders for Elektra open up. Mine definitely needs a set!

No telling how busy they are in between releases. Seems between the last 2 releases was about a month difference. So we so may see something soon, possibly.

3 months later
#2647 1 year ago
#2650 1 year ago

Could be Twister...

That is a licensed theme, so I have to go with Whirlwind.

2 months later
#2798 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220923-213853 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220923-213853 (resized).png
1 week later
#2828 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Has anyone heard/read if Whirlwind will be available anytime soon?

It is potentially up before or after Nitro Groundshaker

1 week later
#2840 1 year ago
IMG_20221014_230234 (resized).pngIMG_20221014_230234 (resized).pngIMG_20221014_230239 (resized).pngIMG_20221014_230239 (resized).png
#2842 1 year ago
Quoted from danielschnoll:

I’m in need of a Kings of Steel hardtop. Any chance this will ever be made?

Sure. It is not a licensed game. Of course, there are many more popular games that I see happening first. I will say... eventually.

#2845 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Space station soon, right??

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sure. It is not a licensed game. Of course, there are many more popular games that I see happening first. I will say... eventually.

1 week later
#2894 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m hearing outside edge is bringing out decals? Any more info on this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/outside-edge-is-expanding

1 month later
#2930 1 year ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Any chance you guys will do:
Earthshaker
Bally Pool Sharks

Yes very good chance

2 months later
#3073 1 year ago

If any wide body Hardtops get created I think a good candidate would be the Williams Stellar Wars. Seems like a lot of those playfields get trashed.

Future Spa has been done quite a while ago.

1 month later
#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from sunarf:

Captain Fantastic is now for sale.

Screenshot_20230327-172423 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230327-172423 (resized).png
1 week later
#3121 11 months ago
Quoted from andrewduhan:

I don't think they've done any Stern

They have Stern Catacomb available.

4 months later
6 months later
#3301 28 days ago
Screenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240229-170223 (resized).png
#3302 28 days ago

Looks like Supersonic is on the way

Screenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240229-171223 (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Berkeley Springs, WV
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs
Electronics
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
Boards
Troxel Repair
Boards
$ 10.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
£ 185.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.