awesome1 AIQ Leaderboard 4-21-2024 Stern Insider Connected.PNG
awesome1 AIQ Leaderboard 4-2024 Activity Stern Insider Connected.jpg
12 Billion AIQ Pinball Grand Champion awesome1.JPG
IMG_1998 (resized).jpeg
awesome1 Thanos Attacks! Champion 362 Million (resized).JPG
IMG_1989 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,798 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 256.
#12101 7 months ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

Finally got my topper I ordered almost a year ago! Looks awesome! Problem is it’s not collecting gems… any ideas??
Also, anybody know of an easier way to replace the two rubbers by BP/subway other than tearing it all down to nothing??

Check your settings. I think I remember being a setting that.

#12102 7 months ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

Finally got my topper I ordered almost a year ago! Looks awesome! Problem is it’s not collecting gems… any ideas??

In diagnostics, lamps, individual lamp test you can turn on each lamp on the playfield and topper. Does the test work for each topper lamp?

#12103 7 months ago

I haven't gotten flipper coolers yet on my AIQ prem - but am thinking about it. The way I've been able to forestall that purchase is to wax the playfield and ramps regularly. It makes the ball much faster and that translates to making the Marvel ramp, BP orbit, etc. easier. For anyone else experiencing flipper fade or BP orbit "clunkiness", a waxed PF can make a difference. It just has to be done regularly based on how often you play.

#12104 7 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Check your settings. I think I remember being a setting that.

Quoted from Neal_W:

In diagnostics, lamps, individual lamp test you can turn on each lamp on the playfield and topper. Does the test work for each topper lamp?

The feature settings #57 and #58 are already on and the lights work in test mode. The topper has always lit up with a light show.
When I earn gems in the game, they are not lighting up. In the attract menu with all the high scores it says, collect 6 gems to unlock gem mania… just frustrating

#12105 7 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I haven't gotten flipper coolers yet on my AIQ prem - but am thinking about it. The way I've been able to forestall that purchase is to wax the playfield and ramps regularly. It makes the ball much faster and that translates to making the Marvel ramp, BP orbit, etc. easier. For anyone else experiencing flipper fade or BP orbit "clunkiness", a waxed PF can make a difference. It just has to be done regularly based on how often you play.

I agree, waxing does help. The problem is I get inconsistent play. Fresh wax is really fast, when it’s fading is perfect, and when its gone, its causing drains and hard to tell exactly when those transitions are taking place

#12106 7 months ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

When I earn gems in the game, they are not lighting up. In the attract menu with all the high scores it says, collect 6 gems to unlock gem mania… just frustrating

Latest code installed?

#12107 7 months ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Managed to get a ball stuck earlier... seems like an easy spot to happen. Anyone else have this problem?
[quoted image]

Hah. Picked up an AIQ Prem recently and this just happened to me tonight during a gem mode/multiball. Looks like it’s common. Is there a mod/fix?

3A0EBC64-68B1-408A-BF84-43A24EF6A841 (resized).jpeg3A0EBC64-68B1-408A-BF84-43A24EF6A841 (resized).jpeg
#12108 7 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Hah. Picked up an AIQ Prem recently and this just happened to me tonight during a gem mode/multiball. Looks like it’s common. Is there a mod/fix?[quoted image]

This happened to me once and then I bent the metal guide in just a little closer to the pop bumper and it hasn't happened again in ~3000 games played.

#12109 7 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Latest code installed?

I’m running Spider’s 1.06 code..

#12110 7 months ago

Does anyone make a nice set of plastic protectors for AIQ? I've searched a bit and don't see anything offhand.

#12111 7 months ago
Quoted from Bacondaddy:

Does anyone make a nice set of plastic protectors for AIQ? I've searched a bit and don't see anything offhand.

I used these and they're fine.

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-300-0193-00

#12112 7 months ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

I’m running Spider’s 1.06 code..

That might be the issue? You can check with Stern for any known issues, but the first thing they will tell you is to install the Stern code.

#12113 7 months ago
Quoted from Bacondaddy:

Ulek makes them in light blue:
https://www.ulekstore.com/Plastic_Protector_Set_for_Avengers_Infinity_Quest_p/fluorb_protset_aiq.htm

#12114 7 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That might be the issue? You can check with Stern for any known issues, but the first thing they will tell you is to install the Stern code.

Alright, thanks for the help, I’ll try updating with original code. See if that works and go from there. Spider’s code is just the original with a few mods, but it’s worth a look…

#12115 7 months ago

Hi there, can anyone here send me a video of what the movie code looks like? I am considering getting between an AIQ or something else. This code would greatly affect my decision. Thanks in advance!

#12116 7 months ago
Quoted from gnocchi_pesto:

Hi there, can anyone here send me a video of what the movie code looks like? I am considering getting between an AIQ or something else. This code would greatly affect my decision. Thanks in advance!

You mean the animations?

It's not from the movie, it's from the comic.

#12117 7 months ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

You mean the animations?
It's not from the movie, it's from the comic.

There is a custom code mod with clips and audios from the movie which has been said to improve the game experience a lot

#12118 7 months ago

There is a custom code mod with clips and audios from the movie which has been said to improve the game experience a lot

I just sent you a PM

#12119 7 months ago

Well sign me up. I'd love to check it out!

And my bad I read back through the thread and saw spiders code. College football day and some pinball. How do I find spider

#12120 7 months ago

Hi guys, new to the club, game is amazing so far. I keep falling just shy of the billion point club, and still have only managed 4 gems total at one time. Love having a long playing game in the collection.

I do have a quick question though, is it possible to have an SD Card with alternate code, and one with official, and just swap them out willy nilly?

I dont really want to lose all my scores, and someday might want to get inside connected.

#12121 7 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Hi guys, new to the club, game is amazing so far. I keep falling just shy of the billion point club, and still have only managed 4 gems total at one time. Love having a long playing game in the collection.
I do have a quick question though, is it possible to have an SD Card with alternate code, and one with official, and just swap them out willy nilly?
I dont really want to lose all my scores, and someday might want to get inside connected.

Welcome, yes, you just need to use a USB in the back box and SAVE in the settings. Shut it down, switch out SD card, LOAD from USB, good to go! All settings and scores transfer…
Still chasing that billion club myself

#12122 7 months ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Well sign me up. I'd love to check it out!
And my bad I read back through the thread and saw spiders code. College football day and some pinball. How do I find spider

Awesome code, he is currently working on the 1.07. Just PM
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/spider

#12123 7 months ago

This guy also has some awesome comic code
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pomc

#12124 7 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Hi guys, new to the club, game is amazing so far. I keep falling just shy of the billion point club, and still have only managed 4 gems total at one time.

4 at one time is impressive! Congrats.

I managed my first 1bil score with only 3 gems. Got to a point where I either lost or collected all the gems. Only thing left to do was grind to collect avengers and light the next mini wiz mode. (Spin disc to light quest. Hit disc to start mode but since there’s no gems left you get a free avenger collect. Collect them all to light next big mode.) Got the the final mode and defeated Thanos. Then briefly did some victory laps.

(Someone plz tell me if I was missing something. But without soul gem I don’t think you can earn missed gems right?)

cheezywhiz scored 1,188,685,670 on Avengers: Infinity Quest (Premium)!
https://pindigo.app/s/BwniKQrh

#12125 7 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

(Someone plz tell me if I was missing something. But without soul gem I don’t think you can earn missed gems right?)

Mostly correct. There's one way to get back one missed gem without Soul, which is to win Hawkeye Challenge on the top difficulty.

Also, there are multiple ways to win the Soul Gem; if you don't get it in its own mode (or lose it later), you can also win it in either of Black Order Multiball (get a super jackpot) or Battle Royale (win the mode.) You are never permanently locked out from retrying and re-winning missed gems, since it's always possible to get the Soul Gem again.

#12126 7 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Mostly correct. There's one way to get back one missed gem without Soul, which is to win Hawkeye Challenge on the top difficulty.
Also, there are multiple ways to win the Soul Gem

Oh wow. Today I Learned! I read the rulesheet a number of times but that never registered. Thanks!

#12127 7 months ago

anyone else feel like its a misstep that you lose your skill shot ball save when you hit a portal lock?

Feels like it should just lock the ball and pick up the timer when the next ball its the PF.

#12128 7 months ago

Elwin's response has been, if you don't want to lose your ball save, don't hit the portal. But yeah, that's a big kick in the teeth to lose the ball save that you earned by hitting the secret skill shot that *lit* that very same portal lock!

Alternate answer: Get a Pro instead, where that doesn't happen since registering a portal lock doesn't launch another ball...

#12129 7 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Alternate answer: Get a Pro instead, where that doesn't happen since registering a portal lock doesn't launch another ball...

Lol. Nothing would convince me to go pro. But we all have different things we focus on…

#12130 7 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Elwin's response has been, if you don't want to lose your ball save, don't hit the portal. But yeah, that's a big kick in the teeth to lose the ball save that you earned by hitting the secret skill shot that *lit* that very same portal lock!

I love watching Elwin blow up his own machines, but I gotta admit it's kinda vindicating to watch streams where he's playing his own creations and then falls prey to these kinds of frustrating design decisions.

Like on a recent tournament stream playing AIQ, he had two balls drain out the left outlane that would have been easily savable on most machines, but not with the nasty drain-prone way he set them up on this one.

Another stream where he bombed out on Godzilla when the ball rattled halfway around the destruction jackpot loop and drained straight down the left outline.

He has this look on his face like he knows it's his own damn fault.

#12131 7 months ago

I have an issue with the upper flipper sticking up and the tower magnet not releasing the ball. It’s not happening every time I use the flipper or hit the tower.. maybe 50%. I’ve ruled out:

- magnetized balls — using brand new ones still sticks in the tower
- EOS issues — new eos actuator and the switch is opening like as it should
- friction/no flipper adjustment gap — there’s a tiny bit of play up and down on the flipper rod. Same amount as the two main flippers.

Whenever the flipper is stuck up or the tower holds it too long, hitting the right flipper will cause both to become unstuck. Seems like these two issues might be caused by a single malfunction.

Also the upper flipper feels a bit “lazy” like it doesn’t disengage right when you left go of the flipper button.

When flipper is stuck up and turning off machine, the flipper stays up. A light tap on the flipper with a finger makes it go back down. Doesn’t feel like friction. Feels like there’s some residual magnetism holding it there.

Just tested the stuck tower. When it’s stuck up there, turning off the power does release the ball.

Any ideas? Thx!

Edit:
I replaced the upper flipper coil stop. Looked fine when it was assembled. After removing it I could see the thing was falling apart. Flipper is fine now. Curious to see if the tower issue persists.

#12132 7 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

When flipper is stuck up and turning off machine, the flipper stays up.

If the flipper says up with the power off, it must be a mechanical issue. You mentioned possibly magnetized... if magnetization was making it stay up, you should be able to reproduce that with the power off and feel it magnetically sticking, but I have never heard of that occuring. Assume the issue is mechanical. Is the coil stop worn out and loose?

Tower magnet - No experience with that.. Maybe an opto switch issue? I would confirm if the optos there work reliably in switch test mode. Tap on the playfield and see if they fire when they shouldn't and stay on when they should when tapping, etc. (It is normal for the magnet to the hold the ball for a moment while the hawkeye challenge animation plays.)

#12133 7 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

I love watching Elwin blow up his own machines, but I gotta admit it's kinda vindicating to watch streams where he's playing his own creations and then falls prey to these kinds of frustrating design decisions.
Like on a recent tournament stream playing AIQ, he had two balls drain out the left outlane that would have been easily savable on most machines, but not with the nasty drain-prone way he set them up on this one.
Another stream where he bombed out on Godzilla when the ball rattled halfway around the destruction jackpot loop and drained straight down the left outline.
He has this look on his face like he knows it's his own damn fault.

anyone mind sharing a link of Elwin playing an AIQ?

The reveal is still on deadflip, was hoping there might be a 1.0 code stream on there but no.

#12134 7 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

No Elwin, but lots of video of top20 players here..

https://pinballvideos.com/m/the-avengers-infinity-quest

#12135 7 months ago

i had no idea that site existed, thank you.

#12136 7 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

The reveal is still on deadflip, was hoping there might be a 1.0 code stream on there but no.

Elwin vs Jason Zahler

#12137 7 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Reveal video. Might be early code tho.

#12138 7 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

If you are looking for more of a complete AIQ play through including all Wizard Modes, I have video of my 6.5 Billion game on YouTube:

#12139 7 months ago

Just picked up an AIQ prem. Looks like it has around 500 plays and was a Feb 2021 build. Reading through the thread I think I should have the fixed subway and disc mech - anything I should check there?

The game had art blades installed, unfortunately I didn’t notice but there is a gouge over by the ant man wireform on Thanos’s face. It is super tight, could barely get my side protectors in before lifting the playfield. I was thinking of putting a tiny bit of Mylar over that area, open to other suggestions.

I’m going to do a full clean, wax, rubber replacement (with titans, though I have a super band for the upper flipper). Any other recommendations?

#12140 7 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Just picked up an AIQ prem. Looks like it has around 500 plays and was a Feb 2021 build. Reading through the thread I think I should have the fixed subway and disc mech - anything I should check there?
The game had art blades installed, unfortunately I didn’t notice but there is a gouge over by the ant man wireform on Thanos’s face. It is super tight, could barely get my side protectors in before lifting the playfield. I was thinking of putting a tiny bit of Mylar over that area, open to other suggestions.
I’m going to do a full clean, wax, rubber replacement (with titans, though I have a super band for the upper flipper). Any other recommendations?

Shaker?
Captain Marvel ramp fix (Diddy's)?
Sanctum mod?

#12141 7 months ago
Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Hah. Picked up an AIQ Prem recently and this just happened to me tonight during a gem mode/multiball. Looks like it’s common. Is there a mod/fix?[quoted image]

There are several ways to fix it, but this mod worked well for me.
https://mezelmods.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-anti-stuck-ball

#12142 7 months ago
Quoted from Scoot616:

There are several ways to fix it, but this mod worked well for me.
https://mezelmods.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-anti-stuck-ball

You can also just take some pliers (with electrical tape on them so you don't scratch the rail) and bend the fork a bit in towards the pop. I've seen some reports of that plastic "fix" breaking.

#12143 7 months ago

Damn I love this game. Ended with 5 gems, was going for 6 when I got Battle Royale for the first time and completely power shit the bed.

First billion point game, 1.4 billion at the end, feels good man.

IMG_20230922_192147879 (resized).jpgIMG_20230922_192147879 (resized).jpg
#12144 7 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Damn I love this game. Ended with 5 gems, was going for 6 when I got Battle Royale for the first time and completely power shit the bed.
First billion point game, 1.4 billion at the end, feels good man.[quoted image]

First of all, AWESOME JOB! Secondly, I have a love/hate relationship with this game. Feels great to do well, feels awful when usual suspects kill your game (exit lanes, weak flippers, ramp rejects). Still chasing that billion…

#12145 7 months ago

guys,which are the best sound / videio mods out there? thanks!

#12146 7 months ago
Quoted from Falc0nWing:

guys,which are the best sound / videio mods out there? thanks!

I already have them posted on this page…

#12147 7 months ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

I already have them posted on this page…

it is not easy to find it in 243 pages of posts.. I know Spider's, but is there other package also?

#12148 7 months ago

It was only a few posts ago, comic code!

#12149 7 months ago
Quoted from Richter1019:

It was only a few posts ago, comic code!

oulala.. sorry..

#12150 6 months ago

I installed PoMC 's code and it is a blast!! Increased the fun factor a lot, the game has now what was missing.. some spirit. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

7,150 (OBO)
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,798 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/243 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.