IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awesome1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

902 posts in this topic match your search for posts by awesome1. You are on page 1 of 4.
#10 3 years ago

Can't wait to receive my Premium!

1 week later
#244 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Love streams but not watching more AIQs until i discover the game myself

Ha! I'm the same! Watched some of original reveal and a little bit of next couple streams, but waiting until my Premium arrives so I can discover it myself.

Did the same with my Deadpool! Didn't watch any streams until I'd already had it a while.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guess is they had all these parts already and didn’t change anything. But I could be wrong.
Hopefully someone comes up with a mode to make the gems clear instead of frosted.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Clear or color matched gems would be a huge improvement. Heres to hoping.

May have to hand paint the gems with color matched semi-transparent paint or something.

#358 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are there any distributors still selling first run premiums? Are there any distributors not charging Ca sales tax?

I believe I'm in the first run since I ordered early, but no California tax or shipping cost to me using ZMeny with Flip N Out Pinball.

Might be hard to get on a first run at this point though.

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im trying to figure out why Greg thinks avengers is so similar to deadpool. He mentioned it on sdtm. Like he wouldnt want to own both. Because of art/theme? Or the shots? I dont see it on shots. Deadpools shots are pretty unique.

Avengers Infinity Quest is going right beside my Deadpool!

1 week later
#746 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

How’s the fan noise? I hope it’s better than Deadpool....

I turned up the volume and added an external sub to my Deadpool... never hear the fan!

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

High scores are fun and all , but how about a Highest Flips to spare?? 58 is my highest so far.
[quoted image]

Can't wait for my Premium to arrive!

This is exactly one of the features that I am really looking forward to - the fact that AIQ already has a really large "high score board" for all kinds of different things within the game!

This is the one update I am still hoping for on Deadpool. Fantastic game, but only has high score table just for high scores... should have individual battles, quests, most weapons, ninjas, chimichangas, multiballs, etc.

#1101 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I bought my NIB Stern JP Premium last spring and have been happy with zero issues (Knock on virtual wood) so I didn't think of any ill thoughts to order this NIB stern premium when I saw the trailer. Paid in full on day 1 of ordering. It seems now that almost every LE that has come home, has serious issues with the subway/spinner. Minor adjustment on the wire ramp seems to have solved some issues with ball dropping. Wondering now if I can cancel my order with some sort of refund to avoid all these headaches, or am I just over reacting?

I'm not really worried about it... I'm still eagerly waiting for my Premium to arrive.

These seem to be mostly minor issues, that can happen in manufacturing and this is still a mechanical device, so some issues will crop up.

I'm confident I will be able to make any fixes/tweaks needed. I certainly understand the frustration from recent new owners with issues, that is never fun and hope Stern can help them quickly and also make any changes needed for future builds to help minimize the reported issues.

#1128 3 years ago

I’m assuming AIQ has the new “jukebox” feature, but don’t recall hearing about it yet.

Can any new owners confirm? Thanks!

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have an LE and don’t think it adds much... I am actually thinking of moving it over to my Jurassic Park.

Get the $80 shaker from pinball life for your JP. I already have mine waiting for my AIQ premium... love it in Deadpool.

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you change from regular rubber to super bands or Titans the game will play different. It’s just how they play. Put in the game what you like best.

I prefer the "Perfect Play" silicone bands from Pinball Life. Seem to better match regular rubber play and last longer.

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Yes. The ball is just rolling around the underside of the metal “fingers”. It happens when the ball is moving quickly. When it happens the game goes into ball search. After about 5 rounds of playfield ball searches, it cycles the subway trough and clears it.
It’s not an issue with the mech not registering switches correctly. It’s a matter of the ball physically bouncing to a location the engineers didn’t predict and thus no opto there to detect it. Looking at the mech from below the playfield, nothing seems to be wrong with it. There is just too much room in the subway and the ball can travel around. It may improve matters if I can angle the fingers downward toward the player now, but there is no clear way to adjust it from what I see.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Loosen the mech from the game, take it out, and adjust the fingers out of the game.

I don't have my premium yet, so can't fully advise, but if the fingers need to go up and down - you may not be able to bend them and still allow proper function. Maybe build up the extra space in the trough with some mylar or something to take up the space?

#1292 3 years ago

The waiaiaiting is the hardest part...

F567106B-32CA-4556-B2CE-EDA71A5257C3 (resized).jpegF567106B-32CA-4556-B2CE-EDA71A5257C3 (resized).jpeg
#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

In my GB Premium, instead of changing the bulb color I placed a small (just larger then the insert) piece of colored gel plastic between the bulb and the insert (bottom of playfield of course). I used near by already-installed-screws or tape to keep the gel (cello) in place. I matched the colors to the mode or the area of the playfield. I receive tons of compliments on the matching colors. You don't have to buy in bulbs or board mounted SMDs, you can switch colors and try new ones and it's all easily removable later.
Example of what I used but there are many choices: amazon.com link »

I did similar on many of the white only lights on my Deadpool.

PinMonk (aka Pinmonk) makes and sells very nice color "brackets" that also do this for multiple games.

#1473 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, yuou guys aren't listening. I expect a machine to need an adjustment or to find a lost screw after shipping. i don't expect it to have a design fault that stops the subway from working properly as intended. IE the finger things that lose the ball and the machine has to do ball seraches to find them.
As far as i can tell, that's not an 'adjust and move on' move.

Fair points!

If your prefer - It may be best to wait a few months to let any mechanical "bugs" get worked out in the design. Sometimes things don't show up in testing (especially with Covid keeping the engineers apart for a lot of the development time) and they do show up once you get larger volumes of systems out in the field.

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

ok...just did that and it did not register. other switches did register.

Verify alignment of the 2 optos for that switch : transmitter/receiver. They have to be in direct line of sight with each other to work properly.

#1810 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

My premium will be here Monday; this is going to be a looooong weekend

Yeah - hoping to get mine delivered next week some time. It should be on it's way to California and then I'll get a call from local freight company to setup delivery day/time.

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Exactly! I’m not sure about the issues with the ruleset being too complicated, at first it’s doesn't appear anymore complicated than JP2.
Open a portal, win gems, place gems to get perks for progress and scoring, get all gems or loose them all battle thanos, it can be that easy if you want like.
But if you want to go deeper it’s all there to be explored, for 9-10k give me a complicated 25 page ruleset over a Munster ruleset anyday!

Yeah - I like "the more complicated, the better" for home use.
Sure it will take me a while to figure everything out. I've read the rule sheet (my premium is due next week) and I usually start with just playing the game and refering back to the rules as I try to figure it all out. Just takes lots of games played to get all of the nuances down - which I love that aspect!

#1844 3 years ago

Got the call from Fedex freight about my AIQ delivery and I got super excited... until they said it won't be delivered until November 3rd... ugh.

#1923 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Anyone else having problems with the left ramp? Balls keep flying so fast they fall off the ramp

Ramp or wireform return? If wireform return, yes bend the one wire just a little as described in key post.

#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

So what is a good answer to expect a premium pin? This sucks. Paid in full day 1, told it “should ship” mid October. Ok, I was fine with that at day one. Than calling my distributor around mid October they said they should get their orders in for premiums October 16, than the 19th or 20th. Now the they said possibly the 26th, guess what, no call. Seeing others get their premiums here makes me second guess why I even paid for it it to begin with.
If a distributor has no idea when their orders will be filled, fine tell me that. At least than I can’t be let down. Hate the smoke screen of its coming tomorrow, than next day, etc. Wish I could cancel this order and not lose any money so I can buy another pin to restore instead.

I paid in full on 2nd day of release for my Premium and got the call from FedEx late last week that it should be delivered to my house in California on November 3rd.

#2181 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Y'all got me thinking about abandoning ship on the AIQ Premium! I could always switch out to TMNT Pro or JP Pro as I've wanted both for a while now...
Honestly couldn't care less about the subway on AIQ and if it's giving no end of problems still, it might be worth the switch.

The game has only been in customer hands for a couple weeks now. These things are mechanical and some will have issues.

Not sure if Covid restrictions played any role in not being able to "test" machines on location before full release or not and work out some of the "bugs".

I'm confident Stern and/or the pinball community (myself included) will be able to work through any problems and come up with solutions. Sure all of us would rather not have issues, but sometimes it happens.

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

loving this game so far, was wondering if anyone is having issues with the ball jumping off the rail when it gets shot around real fast. seems to jump off a lot. thanks.

Yes, look in the key posts for the easy fix - just a small bend of the rail is needed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from Oz314:

No real issues to report, except that my spinning disc sometimes tilts a bit so it isn't flat against the playfield. The side with the post ends up slightly higher and redirects the ball. This isn't an "adjust disc up/down" thing because it's not flat horizontally. I ended up pushing down on the raised edge with slow medium force, and it flexed back to flatter than it was. I hope it doesn't get worse, but I can see how that whole mech is going to wear out eventually with all the punishment.

Have you tried the full adjustment procedure?

Check out the Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure pdf that was posted a little while back.

https://images.pinside.com/b/0d/d5/b0dd5de321f727bd72861cdb6a809defad10977a.pdf

#2345 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I guess I'm ready for Thanos when he returns.

And I bet it will be glorious when he does return!

144E765D-F59D-4016-873E-1EB994763C75.gif144E765D-F59D-4016-873E-1EB994763C75.gif
#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Either way it would be cool if they could somehow incorporate the snap somehow, match sequence maybe? It would be great for those who are mostly familiar with the movies to see that reference.

The comic has the snap as well...

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from Dahawk007:

I am able to lower the disc just fine but from right to left it is lower on one side vs the other. What’s the best way to straighten it out? First game I have had with a mech like this. Thank you in advance. [quoted image][quoted image]

Download the adjustment pdf... click on it, it's several pages long.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/36#post-5924517

#2529 3 years ago

My AIQ Premium arrived last night!

A little tricky getting into gameroom, but setting up today!

IMG_9408 (resized).JPGIMG_9408 (resized).JPGIMG_9410 (resized).JPGIMG_9410 (resized).JPGIMG_9412 (resized).JPGIMG_9412 (resized).JPGIMG_9413 (resized).JPGIMG_9413 (resized).JPG
#2654 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I'm pretty sure the harness was made incorrectly... They were plugged in and the wires matched each other by color, so now that I have reversed them (making the game function properly) the wires don't match anymore.
I did swap the wire labels though, for future testing purposes if ever there's another issue.

Sounds like they were plugged in incorrectly at the board then if the wire colors were correct?

#2725 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For the Pro/Prem/LE lighting is done for the I-R-O-N inserts and matching arc reactor insert by the tower to make them more suggestive of electric blue light.

I went with orange on my IRON inserts to try to match the Iron Man Avenger insert color.

4B81FC76-C512-4D1E-A46A-6C999D0BA62F (resized).jpeg4B81FC76-C512-4D1E-A46A-6C999D0BA62F (resized).jpeg
#2728 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Since those inserts are matched to the Arc reactor on the screen animations and the Arc Reactor insert at the base of the tower, I was trying to suggest blueish electrical light continuity. I can see the argument for orange, too...

Yours look great and good point about the arc reactor insert and animations.
I haven’t done anything with the arc reactor insert yet.

#2809 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Tip of that flipper gets whacked a lot from
Shots off the right flipper .

We may all have to try pressing the left flipper button when going for a Hulk shot to allow more room... kind of like going for the Camera shot on Twilight Zone.

#2861 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any time with perfect play chuck? I’m curious how they compare but won’t be buying any rubbers until this stupid 25% tariff disappears.

I've used the Perfect Play rubbers for a couple years now and like them. The tips of the flipper rubber can start to wear, so I rotate them on the flipper from time to time. They don't seem to "shed" but the "dust" will collect on the face of the rubbers, so I give them a wipe with Novus 1 every couple hundred plays.

#2875 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Got mine today. Some minor things...
-Widow ramp rejects of the top sometimes
-Hulk spinner wasnt registering
-Portal disc is very uneven
-the guide fron the tower to the upper flipper was WAY off. Ive moved it to what seems better but still not quite right
Other than these smaller things, everything seems ok so far. Ive got a production date of Oct 28 and the newer subway.
The disc realignment seems like the biggest hassle. Clearly my game wasnt play tested if the Hulk spinner wasnt registering at all.
Oh, and ive already had a ball get stuck behind the left pop.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My second game played I had the ball get stuck behind the left pop happen... hasn't happened since in 160+.

My Premium has had ZERO quality related issues. As with any mechanical device, that can be a roll of the dice, so I consider myself lucky!

#2888 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Got my premium today, and didn't seem to have any of the issues I've seen earlier. I did notice one thing this afternoon though-I'll occasionally get phantom disc movement. I noticed it while the ball was in the subway-it was registering points constantly, and I noticed the IRON letters cycling. I went into test, and there are a few positions where even while completely stationary (with no vibration on the playfield) the disc is registering movement. I captured some video here: and you can see the angle/RPM changing.
I didn't see anything in the manual about how this should be adjusted-is there supposed to be a gap between the bottom of the shaft and the magnetic angle sensor? Might try adjusting those closer. I'd figure that some movement is bound to happen at certain angles anyway (because physics), but to have it actually trigger things like the inlanes to cycle when not visibly moving seems like the threshold for registering a change in the disc position is too tight in the code, since the angle is only changing by a single degree. Anyone else seen this on their game?

Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure - Click on the pdf - it's multiple pages

Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdfSpinning Disc Adjustment.pdf
#2924 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It seems like with the way the ramp is designed it can make shots that weren't quite good enough look like they should have been good enough and got unfairly rejected. I think it's just that some shots that aren't good enough look a bit deceiving. With how close the ramp is and the shape of the ramp a shot that isn't good enough can still go a pretty far ways up it or go a bit up and rattle a bit and then come back.
On mine I can hit good shots smoothly through the ramp pretty consistently. But there are also a decent number that end up looking like they were good because they go a ways up and then come back down for some reason, and some also fall out the back of the wire sometimes too. As long as I'm able to get good shots through it fairly consistently, then when one occasionally fails I just chalk it up to the shot looking good but not really being good enough. I think it's just a bit of a tougher ramp to make that what it seems like. And yes a shot coming back at you off that ramp is a big risk to go SDTM.

I agree. I've also had just a few fall out the back and a few also apparently "Too Strong" and they bounce off the top of the ramp plastic protector and come back out.

I'm getting better at combo-ing Captain Marvel and Black Widow a few times in a row each.

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

I seem to be having a switch issue where the flippers are also activating the inner loop switch. Confirmed it in the switch tests. It comes and goes, but always activated by the flippers. Any ideas? Not sure what to do next.

I'm not at my game, but if that is a physical switch and not an opto, you can adjust the leafs so there is a little more distance between the switch contacts to get rid of nuisance trips.

#2959 3 years ago

Making progress!

IMG_9463 (resized).JPGIMG_9463 (resized).JPGIMG_9466 (resized).JPGIMG_9466 (resized).JPGIMG_9467 (resized).JPGIMG_9467 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#3130 3 years ago

New High Score on my birthday today!

Got “Computer Frenzy Multiball” for the first time!

DAA69EDC-1A57-4BAB-9AE1-AE5FBE32FCF7 (resized).jpegDAA69EDC-1A57-4BAB-9AE1-AE5FBE32FCF7 (resized).jpeg
#3170 3 years ago

Love it!

IMG_9533 (resized).JPGIMG_9533 (resized).JPG
#3184 3 years ago
Quoted from Dorkboy:

*SPOILER ALERT!!!*
I just got it by accident at least it was one I haven’t seen before. Plunge all the way around and hit the drop target with the flashing square.

Hmmmm... I swear last night I did a full plunge and shot the tower, but it didn't make it all the way up and it gave me the "Secret Super Skill Shot", but I could be mistaken , since the ball didn't hold I couldn't look at the display for long, but pretty sure I was awarded a portal lock.

#3197 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yes. I have also tried my wife’s Mac and it didn’t work either. But I’m not getting the two separate files like they get in the tutorial.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Just downloaded it and the file Stern has up for 0.94 isn't a zip, it's the actual spk file. Just drag it to your USB in the root directory and it should be good to go.

Just to confirm - it's only one file for this update and you do not unzip it. I was confused for a second when I tried to unzip it as the recent Deadpool update was the zipped file with (2) spk files, but in this case it's just the spk file that you download.

#3270 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

They are listed at Pinball Life (not sure if the item is already in stock):
https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-art-blades.html

Just received mine last night, had to work today, so hope to get them installed in the next few days.

#3286 3 years ago

I added another set of (3) RGB LEDs to my portal subway to brighten it up. Hard to capture in a picture, but I'm happy with the results, makes it "Pop" much more!

IMG_9571 (resized).JPGIMG_9571 (resized).JPGIMG_9563 (resized).JPGIMG_9563 (resized).JPGIMG_9560 (resized).JPGIMG_9560 (resized).JPGIMG_9562 (resized).JPGIMG_9562 (resized).JPG
#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Just watched Raymond Davidson score over 7 billion on this game!
Super combos were amazing.
Presume it's going to get patched out?
Shame, I am thinking of buying the game, purely on the combos blowing up!

Wow! I'll have to concentrate more when I'm in Super combos to keep them going and obviously having the Reality Gem on Black Panther in that case was huge!

The combos are so much fun on this game, but I must admit that the Pro looked quite a bit easier than the Premium/LE for the Captain Marvel shot.

#3318 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – DECEMBER 2020:
Avengers: Infinity Quest – For all Avengers owners, please make sure you are up to date with the most current code version (v0.94.0) released last week. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

Hopefully they add Thanos back in (and possibly more instances of battling him) as I have completed all 6 gem quests twice now (collecting 4 is my best at this point) and attempted a 7th, but nothing happened in 0.94 code.

#3320 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I keep doing this lol. I'm still on .91 and every time they drop a code, I get lazy and then I hear the next ones coming. So I wait again

If you have a Premium/LE, the newer code helps with some of the ball staging issues in the gem portal.

I’ve never had an issue updating luckily, gone smoothly every time.

#3321 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I have a buddy that ordered a Premium from Flip N Out and he threw down a deposit the first week AIQ was launched. He still hasn't received his machine and was quoted mid-Novemner. Stern must be super backed up.

I also ordered a Premium from Zach at Flip n Out on the day after release. Paid in full. He told me in late October that I was in the first release and I received my game in California in early November - second release was scheduled for December. Lots of orders to work through. Great game!

#3328 3 years ago

Trying out some yellow flippers - the white ones weren’t “wowing” me...

E61AB2A4-7B44-4AE6-8C83-3AD079A2915F (resized).jpegE61AB2A4-7B44-4AE6-8C83-3AD079A2915F (resized).jpeg
#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It could be an issue with aligning the forks in the center channel of the plastic so they don’t slightly bind or get blocked. I had the same issues on mine when I first got it, but after figuring out good alignment of the forks it’s been absolutely 100% reliable. I immediately went from frequent stuck fork & stuck ball issues to absolutely zero.
If the forks are not in the right alignment they can get stuck or bind enough to cause an issue. If alignment is only slightly off it’ll be an occasional problem. If alignment is off by more then the problems will be more frequent. It’s pretty easy to adjust the alignment since the screw mounts of the mech are open ended to allow for adjustment, so I really think it’s worth trying to see if changing alignment can fix it for you if you haven’t already tried it. Here’s the way I’ve found on mine that gets it set up to be reliable:
You’ll want to loosen the mounting screws of the metal mech housing and then from the right side of the machine look down the ball lock tunnel through the opening in the VUK. Align the forks so you can use your hand to pull the plunger on the mech so all forks come up through the channel in the plastic. When I did it the first time I found these two things resulted in good alignment and 100% reliability for me:
1) Make sure the two forks that come up with the plunger don’t even slightly bind even once when you pull rapidly many (5-10) times on the plunger. If there’s even a slight catch or snag then it means the alignment for those two forks isn’t quite right.
2) Make sure that when you look down the channel you see a little bit of space between the three forks that are usually up and the bottom edge (as you’re looking at it with the playfield up) of the center channel in the plastic. I found that if one of those three forks is up against an edge of the plastic then it will likely get stuck when you start playing.
I’ve taken it off and put it back on twice now and both times I found that when my alignment met those two conditions it worked 100%. The 2nd time I took it off was to file a taper at the end of the channel, and I got alignment correct on the first try that time by remembering those two keys from the first time I did it. I play the game a lot just about every night, so if it was a software issue I’d think I would have encountered at least one instance of trouble with it in the past month, but since aligning it about a month ago it’s been zero trouble for me.
It could be that there’s an issue with the lever connected to your plunger being loose or bent, or that your forks themselves are bent a bit and need to be straightened so they don’t get blocked. But either way I think it’s worth looking down the tunnel through the VUK and trying to align it the way I described to help figure out what’s causing your issue. Just an idea though. Hope it helps.

Good advice. It is pretty easy to check and adjust alignment of the subway mech. I took mine apart to add additional lighting and noted it's alignment before hand and made sure the forks were centered and working when re-installing.

#3456 3 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

If anyone is interested in getting a better look for Thanos Gauntlet. My painter came up with look for the 2 Pinball Refinery LEs that I am working on. It will be $175.00 plus shipping to have it painted. Here's a few before and after pictures.
I'll get them installed in the machines soon if someone wants to see that look.
Just PM me if you would like this done.
Steve
Mi Pinball Refinery

I don't mind the comic book look of the gauntlet, but I do like how your gems turned out. Is that a special transparent paint if you don't mind me asking?

#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Thank you so much. I just emailed Pablo.
Wow....what a great community.

I've been on Pinside for 4 years now, (collecting for 20), and I've only scratched the surface of the threads on here, but I have to say the goodwill of the community in general and from what I've seen, PinMonk specifically is always willing to help in any way they can! People like that make this hobby great!

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks, but I'm a mere shadow of ltg.

Similarly helpful for sure!

I am familiar with LTG from my days on RGP years ago...

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Finally received the updated subway mech from Stern today. Thought I’d share with the group. Took a little over a month.[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is definitely the old style, but haven't had any issues luckily.

#3504 3 years ago

Ball spun up and balanced there...

F0AF927A-D3A8-4D9A-9097-D98E6C5CF970 (resized).jpegF0AF927A-D3A8-4D9A-9097-D98E6C5CF970 (resized).jpeg
#3517 3 years ago

I've started playing the Battle Royale Challenge more often. It's fun, doesn't take too long and is unique enough from the regular game (I know it's a mode in the game... been there several times) that you have to work on certain shots to do well. Wish it would show your time at the end of each game as well as your score though.

IMG_9692 (resized).JPGIMG_9692 (resized).JPG

#3537 3 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Is Battle royale the same as Battle for Thanos?

Battle Royale is reachable in the regular game by assembling all of the Avengers for a third time. Not sure if there are minor differences in the "regular" version and the stand-alone game version as I've only been to the in-game version a handful of times so far.

Yeah - I'm looking forward to getting Thanos back in the game since I've made it through the 6 gem quests (not all successful) a couple times now.

#3543 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I have an LE. In the past few days, whenever the shaker motor goes off, at the end it makes a weird sound like a wheeze. I also recently updated to 0.94. I am assuming this is some sort of mechanical issue and not a sound effect that was added. Has anyone experienced something like this?

I have a shaker in my Premium and am running 0.94 and have had no issues or new noises from the shaker.

It's easy top unplug the shaker connection from the board to help isolate the sound. It could be the shaker motor bearing or the shaft weight rubbing on the plastic cover or similar.

#3610 3 years ago

Hulk was very angry!

IMG_9702 (resized).JPGIMG_9702 (resized).JPG
#3613 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Amazing! How did you set that up?
On a side note anyone using ball baron ninjas in AIQ? I know it has the tower magnet but since the balls get a good smack on this game I was considering using them as I’ve had no magnetism issues using them in BM66LE or Star Trek LE due to the limit magnet action.

Thanks! Hulk was Level 2 and I placed the Reality Gem on that shot. Gamma Ray started and I was able to get a good rip and then a smaller shot through the spinner before it timed out. Only ended up with a 575 million game and didn't get on my high score board other than the Gamma Ray record...

I use the Ninja balls and haven't noticed any magnetism issues. I also use them in my other games including Twilight Zone and have seen no issues there either. I do change them out around every 500 games as they are fairly scuffed at that point.

#3624 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

Just had my Pro delivered today (Build Date, Dec. 5). Everything seems good, except for an area under the ball guide on the Black Panther shot (circled in red below). Appears to be metal jutting out with some thread like material on it. I assume this isn't normal? Anyone else's Black Panther area look like this? Most BP shots seem fine, but the occasional one seems to rattle due to this piece.
[quoted image]

Not at home to look at mine (Premium), but that looks to be the bracket to the right's termination point. Also looks to be too low for a ball to hit it, but maybe I'm wrong due to the angle of the picture?

#3657 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Noticed a slightly different problem with the portal locks over the past couple of days, and it seems to be consistent:
-Qualify two portal locks
-portal lock one: ball stays in subway, new ball in shooter lane
-portal lock two: ball launched from shooter lane, and then a second ball kicked up from the subway (before starting gem quest)
Draining the spare seems to have no effect (ball doesn't end), and I'll get the correct 3 balls on the next gem quest, but it seems weird that the ball is ending up in the VUK at all in this case. Seems like a different problem than others were having with the subway?

Possibly an opto issue in the subway... not detecting a ball there?

I would recommend doing a switch test and placing a ball in the subway to insure it registers correctly.

#3658 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Reduce your auto plunge power, problem solved.

I've tried this myself with no real success and this wouldn't apply to manual plunging.

I also have the issue with the ball not making it all the way around the top... I've re-centered the manual plunger and insured the autoplunger is also centered on the ball, but not much luck consistently getting ball all the way around to the right flipper.

#3665 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Nope, not normal behavior. There are two "groups" of forks in the mech, and all the forks in each group go up and down together. One group of three forks is usually up and the other group of two forks is usually down. When the three go down, then the two come up and vice versa.
In your video the ball gets paused correctly at the 2nd of the two forks that are usually down, but then when that one goes down the third fork in the group that should come up seems to stay down for some reason so the ball just goes into the VUK.
From my experience with mine it can definitely happen where the forks aren't lined up straight enough in the center slot of the plastic and the last fork of that group can bind or get stuck against the edge of the plastic. There could of course be a different issue with it also but it seems like it's worth checking to see if it's just out of alignment.
Here's a picture of drawing I just did to try to give an idea of what I'm saying. Depending on the alignment, Fork #3 can get completely or partially blocked by the edge of the center channel while the other two forks in that group are clear of the edge so they come up and down okay. Aligning the mech so all forks are clear of the edge lets them come up and down the way they're supposed to, assuming there isn't anything else wrong with your mech.
If you didn't already, it might be worth doing the subway test by dropping a ball in and only staring at that last fork to see when/how it gets stuck. And that fork should be in the up position to begin with.[quoted image]

Excellent recommendation!

The fork alignment is fairly easy to adjust as 4 bolts hold/align the mechanism to the plastic subway. Just a little tricky to look at the alignment with the playfield raised to access the bolts, but not too difficult.

#3688 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Disclaimer: I love this game, so I'm hoping this is seen as constructive. It's written with the hope that someone from Stern is reading. And yes, I know this has been broached previously, but...
I'm watching a live stream about their Led Zep reveal (as I type this). It's a completely different theme, and different layout, so it's not meant to be a direct comparison. This feedback is purely richness of the LCD animations (acknowledging that Led Zep is a lot of video footage). When I look at AIQ's variety and animation against what I see with Led Zep, it's night and day. I would love it if Stern could indicate "Hey, 2020- Covid - cut us some slack, we wanted to launch the game so everyone in their bubble can have some fun. We're working on it. Have plans to remove the damn trophy room as the default, etc..."
Perhaps it's all about the game design process and the people involved, but I truly believe that (with current code) the AIQ has so much opportunity to improve.
[quoted image]
To be clear, I'm not knocking the Capt America ball save animation. Just trying to share a couple shots from Led Zep.
What say you?

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the trophy room, especially since it is what the screen displays most of the time... maybe if it was much more colorful it would be better. Now the Deadpool main screen is pretty cool with DP playing pinball in his game room!

#3715 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So - I was able to fix my Subway lock today ! Mine was like no other . It would kick the Subway lock 21 times at start up . The center opto was showing closed in the subway test . You have to remove the lock metal box to even see the opto's . when you can see them - in test - with the coin door closed they have tiny red led's on the receiver side to show they are working . Oh and there is a trick - the center #48 opto is just the opposite side of #47 and #49 . So I wiggled the wires = nothing - Flexed the board and it started working . Tip - when you put the lock fingers back in the plastic make sure they are in the right place or you'll have to do it again so the ball will step in game play . So Stern needs to send me a new opto board to replace this flakey one .

Sounds like the game was trying to eject the ball at startup from the subway since your #48 opto was always reading closed.

When you flexed the board to make it work, did you have the metal mechanism removed or was it still mounted over the plastic subway?

The reason I ask is to try to narrow down if maybe a bad solder joint on the opto board or a bad alignment with the opto "looking" through the cutout in the plastic subway?

Either way, glad you got it working!

#3721 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Is anyone else’s machine not showing ‘Right Slingshot’ audits under the game feature audits? It appears to be combining left and right slingshot counts into the ‘Left Slingshot’ number. I know it really doesn’t matter since both of my slingshots work, but it is strange.
I’ve checked the coil test and switch test and they both differentiate between the two slingshots, so I know the wiring is correct.
I am wondering how Stern calculates eleven thousand percent......
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I’m showing 0 on audit 2 also. I’m also showing 0 on audit 5 & 6, left and right inlanes.

A few other zeros - I haven’t been to trophy mania or Thanos (could have if he was coded in), so those are legit, a couple others I thought I had done though.

#3740 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thank you but it didn't work.
I built my own ballguide which works very well.
Just a piece of plastic resting on the metal wire, attached with a M3 double sided tape.

Good idea! Yeah, not sure why the open space at the bottom of the ramp... I have shots fall out of that area from time to time.
I may try something similar to what you made.

#3756 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thank you but it didn't work.
I built my own ballguide which works very well.
Just a piece of plastic resting on the metal wire, attached with a M3 double sided tape.

Made a quick piece and initial few games testing it works well!

Still need a "good" shot, it's not magically going to loop weak shots, but I'm not getting the "strong" shots rejected like I would before.

I'm going to make a slightly longer version in case it needs to tuck under the bent wireform for strength. I had it like that at first, but the piece I cut was a little short which didn't leave much to double-side tape to the base and it came loose after a few shots. I moved it lower and added more tape and it holds well so far, but doesn't fit under the wireform.

Wonder why Stern changed from initial enclosed design. The pictures on their website for Premium/LE models show enclosed design...

IMG_9740 (resized).JPGIMG_9740 (resized).JPGIMG_9741 (resized).JPGIMG_9741 (resized).JPG
#3796 3 years ago

Hoping we get a nice new code update from Stern for the holidays...

Thanos Santa.jpgThanos Santa.jpg
#3806 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks, it didn't help. But i found a small weldseam or something similar right before the inlane/flipper transistion which i sanded.
the feed is now perfect and i feel like it helps, because sometimes it gave the ball a tiny hop which i saw under slow motion.
however, i think the main reason is simply a too early flip taking away momentum of the ball. its like the flipper hits the ball a littlebit.
sorry for the long gif, check out the moment when the ball hits the base of the flipper.[quoted image]

Yeah, that happens to me a lot as well. Easier for me to combo the Captain Marvel and then Black Widow, If I shoot Black Panther and then try Black Widow it's harder with the ball moving a little faster at the flipper.

I think it's mostly just the physics of the shot as the farther out on the end of the flipper, the more power you can develop and this shot has to be hit early on, so it's generally not that powerful and needs to be fairly precise to make it.

I'm not sure yet if flipper fade plays into it or not. I've seen Pinmonk's posts about this possibility and his flipper coil fans.

#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

V0.95.0 - December 22nd, 2020

Not a "huge" update, but still a ways from 1.0 yet.

Was hoping we would get Thanos back in... also I think we all want a different main screen other than the trophy hall.

Looking forward to trying it out!

#3830 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

The new light shows are amazing.

New animations after defeating Battle Royale Challenge are great as well!

#3850 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I had trouble out of the box with flakey opto' s . switches are good now .

Sounds like you may unfortunately still be having some switch issues. Double check portal switches and portal test.

Also make sure you don't have "Portal pass through" turned on.

The only time my portal will stay open if a ball enters is if I have a second portal lock lit. Otherwise it closes after a ball goes in.

#3863 3 years ago

Hopefully they can put the Black Widow - Black Panther combo back in... maybe don't allow it twice in a row or something like that, so it can't be exploited.

Only thing I don't like about the 0.95 update, other than Thanos not back in yet and the trophy room still the main screen, but hopeful those will happen very soon.

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Not sure if this is a bug or if I don't understand something about Battle Royale... but I had 188M when I won... I had 3 Avengers left... and ended the game with 187M.... huh?? It was me fastest finish too, in only 5:52.625 (near my previous best buy almost a minute!). Didn't seem like the bonus points at the end added right since I ended up with a million less.
Newest code.

I only got to play one game of Battle Royale last night after updating, but the final scoring has always seemed a little "off" to me as well. I always thought it was for other things "outside" of Battle Royale like skill shot, etc, but I seem to end up with a little more points than it shows at the end screen as opposed to less...

I do wish they would show your completion time at the end with your final score. Only know how long it took if I get on the board.

I did like the new animation sequence for defeating the Black Order!

#3867 3 years ago

Is it just me or is the Captain America “Blue” deeper and darker now in 0.95?

I like it.

#3905 3 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Hey everyone! Just got my Avengers up and going and got some games on it. I don't know if anyone has seen this issue but my return ramp from Black Widow to the left inlane will jump at the very end instead of dropping down into the return lane. Anyone have a solution?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

Give it a slight bend like this wireform.

#3906 3 years ago

Playing some Christmas Avengers with my son!

IMG_9771 (resized).JPGIMG_9771 (resized).JPG
#3911 3 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

lol! Thought maybe has to do with some mode? Collect all and you get a multiball or something. New code in, still doing it

I think the topper collects the gems across multiple games and when you collect the sixth, you do get a new mode.

With that said - I don't have the topper to confirm, but remember hearing this.

#3959 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm getting a ridiculous amount of rejects from the Captain Marvel ramp/loop.
Anyone else having this issue, and is there a fix?

My Captain Marvel ramp has been much, much smoother since adding the lexan piece at the bottom opening as first recommended by @Prodoshi. Hard, fast shots are no longer rejected. I have kept the piece installed that I made that doesn't quite fit under the wireform, but have 100+ games on it with no issues.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/76#post-6027865
IMG_9740 (resized).JPGIMG_9740 (resized).JPG

#3983 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Is there a template somewhere that can be traced over a piece of lexan for those of us who want to implement this fix?

I'm not at home at my machine until very late tonight to verify dimensions...

Basically around 1" x 2 1/4" or so, I used 1/8" thick Lexan/Polycarbonate. Measure the bottom of the Captain Marvel ramp where the piece will go. You can make it as wide as will fit there between the bolts. I put mine down as low as it will go without interfering with the opto. Have the piece go up to just below or just above the wire form that stops above with the inward angle, as you are filling in that open gap essentially.

Use double sided tape (I used T-Rex brand) to secure bottom of Lexan to ramp support above opto (about 1/2").

@Prodoshi design was a little more elaborate, mine is just a rectangle and has worked great.

#4004 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is everyone’s Sanctum target plastic bent on a weird angle like this? Seems like it should be straight but can’t see how.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Pinmonk has a good option to fix this. I used a twist tie to secure the top of the plastic to the wireform behind to pull it close and straight. Totally out of sight. I also added 1/2" spacers to lift the top plastic and allow the "Extra Ball" to be seen.

#4005 3 years ago
Quoted from eyeguy123:

I have played 200 games and never even been warned about tilting (i don't really shake the game). My wife was watching this game and she immediately asked why it said TILT.

I haven't experienced any phantom tilts on AIQ in 700 games...

I would check your tilt bob setting. If you are unfamiliar with it, the lower down on the rod, the less sensitive it will be.

#4070 3 years ago

I believe I've been experiencing "Flipper Fade", especially when my son comes over and we have 3-4 hour continuous play sessions, so I ordered PinMonk Pinmonk's Tibetan Breeze Flipper Coil Cooling Kit.

Super fast shipping and an easy install. Only got one game in last night after the install, so I hope to give them a thorough workout this New Year's weekend and will report back.

Please note power was off for the install... powered up to make sure everything was good and got some pics before lowering the playfield.

IMG_9800 (resized).JPGIMG_9800 (resized).JPGIMG_9802 (resized).JPGIMG_9802 (resized).JPGIMG_9803 (resized).JPGIMG_9803 (resized).JPG

#4097 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Are you at all worried about Stern's new EULA? I'm assuming at this point that you are not.

He's not selling anything or trying to make money off of his work, so not sure the EULA applies.

EDIT: Just read the updated EULA and it may "apply", but extremely difficult to enforce if as stated above they are not trying to sell anything. We the owners of the pinball machine, can pick and choose to utilize "unauthorized" updates at our own discretion. If we do it in the privacy of our own house, I don't see any problems.

#4161 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmaru76:

Hello.
I have a problem with my spinning disc. It stops working during game. Sometimes at the begining of a game, sometimes it may happen after 1 hour.
I already try to adjust/align captor but i think this is a different problem.
I soon as i open the door (so no more high voltage) and close it, the disc starts to register again.
Here is a video to show the problem

Does anyone have a clue of what's happening please ?
Thanks.

Look at page 3 of the attached Spinning Disc Adjustment Points and Procedure and make sure your FS reading is good in all positions and adjust as necessary. Hopefully that helps.

Spinning Disc Adjustment.pdfSpinning Disc Adjustment.pdf
#4175 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I got to say it...the shaker is probably the worst implemented shaker on any newer Stern I'VE ever had so far. Not to say i wouldnt install one i just feel its not used enough yet in the code.

There are some nice shaker moments (Soul Gem start), but yes, many more implementations available yet. Nowhere near the shaker involvement as Deadpool yet... even little things like when you push both buttons to jump through the bonus at the end... Deadpool has a shaker rumble there and I miss that on AIQ. Still early in code though.

#4186 3 years ago

Put in a lot of games over the long weekend. Now using PinMonk Pin Monk flipper coil fans and anytime I check the coil temps (with my finger!) they are not even warm to the touch! Before installing the fans - after some 1 to 2 to 3+ hour nonstop playing sessions they would be very hot!

Was able to get my best so far on Combos and High Score!

Still haven't defeated Battle Royale in the game, while I have done pretty well in the mini game. I think your life goes quicker in the real game, or I'm trying too hard...

IMG_9844 (resized).JPGIMG_9844 (resized).JPGIMG_9849 (resized).JPGIMG_9849 (resized).JPG
#4196 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Do you have temperature readings for the upper flipper? Or are you thinking since it’s lower power it won’t get hot enough to warrant concern?
I’m also wondering if there is a correlation between coil stops going bad and high temps. I’ve seen a coil stop un-weld (if that is the correct term) on the lower right flipper on a low plays JP before. Can’t help but think that it would accelerate the failure mode.

Yeah, I had to change the flipper coil stops (and sleeves) on my Deadpool at around 300 games as they were literally about to fall apart.

I changed them out on my AIQ around 500 games... more preventative maintenance in this case, though the right flipper coil stop "nipple" could rotate and wiggle a bit at that point.

#4203 3 years ago

I have no idea what you are showing here... need to add some text to your post.

If you are trying to stop the "rejects", a piece of lexan on the side to cover the large opening works great!

#4204 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Are there higher quality coil stops to buy? How do I know that I'm not buying a crappy one?

Quoted from PinMonk:

The pinball life ones hold up really well for me.

Yeah, Pinball Life offers a good, inexpensive coil stop.

#4226 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What made it funny was that when Hulk blamed Banner he said it in a quiet voice, like he didn’t want David Banner to hear Him throw Banner under the bus.

I hadn't heard the name "David" Banner in a while... Oh yeah, that was the Hulk's alter ego on the Bill Bixby/Lou Ferigno TV show...

Bruce Banner in the comics/movies.

#4252 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I’m kinda bummed they took out the widow to panther combo. I loved trying to set up that shot.
I realize it might have to do with the major amount of points you can get, but I wish it would come back. It was one area I would focus on if the game wasn’t going so well.

For sure, hopefully they bring it back and maybe limit the number of consecutive times you can make the combo or something similar so you can't exploit it.

#4297 3 years ago

Hit 1,000 games played today 1/11/21!
Received NIB on 11/5/20.

5CA059A2-DE13-48A0-B083-FE8888C44275 (resized).jpeg5CA059A2-DE13-48A0-B083-FE8888C44275 (resized).jpeg
#4311 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Out of curiosity: Which owners here are rocking AIQ and Deadpool in the home, and how do they co-exist?
I own and love Deadpool and have been back and forth on AIQ for quite some time now as my next pin. I haven't played in person, but the layout looks phenomenal and I put about 100 games on the Surrogate.tv feed, so I feel like I know what I would be getting. And next to Deadpool, AIQ seems to win out on shots but definitely lags in the energy department and is a push on general gameplay flow (hit shots, light battle, etc.).
We are renting Stranger Things right now, though, and next to Deadpool that game is also pretty low key (imo) in terms of music, callouts, and general energy level. I am still enjoying Stranger Things and find it to be a good mood complement to the general wackiness of Deadpool, which has kinda led me back to AIQ.
This is all a long way of asking: Will the gameplay flow on AIQ be too similar to that of Deadpool, or do they play well together? Thanks in advance for the help!

I have both AIQ Premium and Deadpool Pro. I love both! I put 3100+ games on my DP in the first year and just hit 1000 games on my AIQ in just over 2 months.
Very different games. DP currently is deeper, more refined and definitely better music, much more "upbeat" than AIQ, but not a knock on AIQ, they are different games and AIQ still has several code updates coming.
I do tend to concentrate on the "new" game and will admit I'm still in the honeymoon phase with AIQ as I play it probably 95% of the time right now.
Also - I literally "completed" DP (beat final Mr.Sinister mode) the week before AIQ arrived, so that may play into my ability to slow way down on my DP plays, but it's not going anywhere.

IMG_9436 (resized).JPGIMG_9436 (resized).JPG
#4326 3 years ago

Getting close to joining the Billion Club!

After a long day at work, got home late, had dinner... maybe time for one game... first 2 balls = less than 10 million, going to restart and figure I'll try to get some mojo working for ball 3 and it just kept going!

First time collecting ALL 6 Gems! Didn't get to Battle Royale this game though. I think since I did so poorly my first couple of balls some of the "pressure" was off and I just started hitting all the shots. After ~40 minutes I realized I was close to a Billion and of course went cold and my last extra ball was only another 10 million...

IMG_9901 (resized).JPGIMG_9901 (resized).JPG
#4367 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It feels like you have to choose between going for gems or going for score. I just had a 5 for 5 gems(5 played 5 collected) and my score was only 350m. I try to do the first gem without mb, and then all others with a mb ready, then immediately activate and try to cradle after the ball saver ends. The outlines are so brutal, I’m thinking of loosening the tilt a little more. This game seems to tilt easier than my other games with similar tilt bob adjustment.

You can do both, locking balls before starting a Gem quest to get the multiplier seems to be the best way to score higher. Especially if you can team it with another multiball.

#4399 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I just moved it up to 6.8 and going to see how that feels. Even with the step up the outlanes are just drain monsters! Anyone turn the alings down and have dialed in to a good number?

I'm at 6.8~7.0 and everything feels good. Still get the occasional SDTM from the pops and certainly the outlanes are very hungry still.

I have added the small lexan piece to the left side base of the Captain Marvel ramp to fill the opening and that almost eliminated fast shot rejects. Haven't changed sling setting.

#4409 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I posted this before but adding this little piece of plex has improved my Captain Marvel shot SO MUCH that i now find myself chaining Black Widow to Captain Marvel on a loop until i get some portal locks going.

For sure! It definitely makes the shot smoother with less rejects.

#4428 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Its $5 of material you probably have around the house.
-find some scrap plastic (or buy a small square of plex for a couple dollars)
-score the plastic to size and snap a piece. Sand the edges if necessary.
-glue it to the side just above the opto and below the wireform. I used a drop of crazy glue on this one but hot glue is also great and easy to remove.

About 1"×2" then shaved it a couple times to a good size and shape to fit over the opto and under the wireform.
I could shoot out a bunch for other people but idk how people feel about gluing things in their game and shipping cross border is sketchy lately. Im sure some modder will come up with a more intricate system but this way is simple, takes 10 minutes and works great.

I used 2-sided Gorilla "mounting tape" to secure the Lexan piece (1/8" thick) to the bracket above the opto. Have 500+ games on it since and no issues.
IMG_9740 (resized).JPGIMG_9740 (resized).JPG

#4477 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

So you have installed my fix, not knowing its me, commenting on my next post where I say that I still have rejects with the plastic in place, recommending me my fix. Thats kind of funny

Several of us have implemented the lexan/plexi "fix"... not sure "who's" fix it is, I saw it originally from Prodoshi / @abe_flips. (edit: Guess that's you...)

If you have already added this piece you may have other issues as this helped "smooth" my Captain Marvel ramp shot quite a bit!

#4479 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Honestly, it looks like it was a bit sloppy of a shot (too far left), and it is bouncing off of your added plastic and thrown to the right. I think at least on this shot, you would have been better off without the fix. Hard to say for sure though. I definitely find that a shot a bit further right, so it hugs the right side of the ramp, is more successful.
I love the CM ramp. Mine is stock, and I would say 90% of SOLID shots make it. Almost all misses or rejects are my own fault. Yes, there is an occasional reject, but they were either bad shots, or an on the fly shot that really rocketed in, and I can't blame the machine there either. I have thought about trying to add a plastic to see if it helps that last 10%, but so far I'm pretty happy with it as-is. It is definitely not a gimme shot like most modern ramps. It feels much more "old school" when a ramp was meant to be a tough shot.

Just to clarify - adding the lexan piece didn't make the shot any easier per-se, you still need a good shot, but my "strong" shots were getting rejected more than not and I would get some shots that fell out the side/back through the hole.

I do get some "weak" shots that still roll back down the ramp... but the consistency of the ramp has increased with the lexan piece.

Look at the Stern website - and the shot video during attract mode - the CM ramp is completely enclosed with wireforms, but not in the production Premium/LE systems.

Another thing that helps quite a bit on my machine with the Captain Marvel ramp and the ball launch is to keep the machine very clean... I use "Wizards mist and shine" and it helps keep the playfield fast and shots flowing! I usually give my machine a wipedown once a week or so, usually in the 150 - 200 game interval.

#4481 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Here is a slow mo video of a ball rattling through and getting some air. I’m assuming it’s pretty natural but if you see something that looks wonky toddmann, let me know. Thanks all. Wait, how do you upload a video??? It’ll only allow pictures.

Youtube and add the link here...

#4491 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I asked before but I will ask again.
Has anybody reached out to Stern about this... is this causing a gameplay issue or are we just being fuzzy about it.... has anybody considered that the ramp might have been designed like this so it makes the shot more difficult...
There must be some logic behind this design vs a totally enclosed ramp.

I haven't asked anyone at Stern, but you can clearly see from the images on their website that the CM ramp "original" design was completely enclosed by the wireforms. I'm not sure why they would "want" strong shots rejected or others to fall through the opening. The CM ramp is possibly the most satisfying shot in the game, why intentionally make it potentially frustrating? The outlanes are frustrating enough...

I used 2-sided tape to mount my piece of lexan, so I could literally remove it in less than 30 seconds if I wanted to, but it does make the game more enjoyable to me, try it and see what you think.

Picture is from Sterns AIQ premium on their website.

CM Ramp Original.pdfCM Ramp Original.pdf
#4499 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If some people are getting misses they don't like and this fix helps it so shots that might otherwise not make it can go through, then I don't think it's an instant leap to start thinking there's an inherent design flaw. I recall Keith or someone else saying it's not designed as an easy shot to make.
It could be in some cases that putting the acrylic in is an equivalent to using bumpers when bowling. It's going to still let the good shots go through and now some shots that wouldn't have made it before will go through. There's nothing wrong at all with anyone putting the acrylic there for any reason, but just because putting it there has the ability to improve people's success rate on the ramp doesn't mean there's a design flaw. It could be in some cases that it just makes the shot easier than it was designed (and there's nothing wrong with doing that on your machine).
And yes, of course there can be and probably are cases of machines that for whatever reason are getting a higher percentage of true rejects (due to things like game pitch, wire guide needs slight adjusting, etc.) and the acrylic will help get a better result without having to troubleshoot those things. On mine I had pitch up to about 6.8-6.9 when I first got it. After I lowered it a bit I had better success with that ramp, and that was a side benefit because it wasn't the reason I lowered the pitch. Each machine is going to be slightly different in setup and those differences can impact that shot.
I think the real test is whether or not you're getting clean shots through it frequently (and that's a relative term). There will still be many good looking shots that seem "rejected" though just because of the ramp design. On a traditional ramp a shot that looks pretty good can still make it up the ramp. A shot like that on this ramp usually isn't going to go through.
On mine I feel like the good shots I hit go through cleanly and I also get some slightly less than optimal shots that still make it around. Do I get shots that look like "rejects"? Yes, of course. But then I often immediately shoot right back at it just to test it and there are a ton of times the ball sails cleanly right through on the next attempt right after getting a rough "reject" on a shot that seemed pretty good. I interpret that as meaning the shot that seemed pretty good and got "rejected" in reality just wasn't good enough, because otherwise how to explain another shot within 15-20 seconds flying through it easily? Spin, shaker motor, and other things could have an effect also. But I'd be very surprised if this is really a design flaw.

Yeah, I'm not trying to make the game "easier", just more consistent.

If there's a lasting mod to get the auto plunger to consistently launch a ball all the way around to the right flipper I would try that out as well. My manual plunger also only makes it about 80% of the time. I've centered both and for about 15-20 games after a "waxing" both will make it about 99% of the time. Once the game slows down a little, inconsistent on making it around. 6.8° pitch, but I've tried others.

BTW... I have also added flipper coil fans (my only pin I've ever done that on) and I do think they help with consistency with long play sessions. Does that make the game "easier" or have a "design flaw"??? I would say no to both, but could make an argument either way...

#4524 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I did some further testing with the CM-Ramp.
Its fine for like 30min of gameplay, then the rejects are getting out of hand- this was a perfect shot in the clip.
The ramp and the metal flap are tight on the PF.
So flipper strengh plays one strong factor here, but maybe there is more to it.
I found out that my PF is warped more than usual from top to bottom.
Any Idea?

Interesting how the ball takes a sharp left turn as sson as it starts up the ramp. Is the metal upward portion of the flap bent to the left at all?

#4528 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

looks ok to me, just the right mounting of the metal flap looks poor, but it seems to be tight.
I think I will ask for professional help here.

Double check that the area I circled is "level" with the right side of the ramp and not sightly further back. Your pictures all look good, but hard to tell... maybe looking down on it from above or from behind or use a super small level if such a thing exists.

Capture-1 (resized).JPGCapture-1 (resized).JPG
#4530 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yeah, it looks slightly off of 90° deg, but the attachment points of this metal piece are ok- so i think its on purpose.
[quoted image]

I agree, doesn't look "bad".

Have you tried "waxing" or using something like "Wizards Mist N Shine" on the ramp entry and playfield? That may help the ball "slide" a little more. My game is super fast after using it about every 200 plays.

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Detailing-Showroom-Chemicals-Mist-N-Shine/dp/B002U729UA/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

#4543 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Can anyone post a closeup picture of the added plastic piece?

Quoted from TenaciousT:

Ya - Gorilla tape is not happening on mine !

I used the 2-sided Gorilla "mounting Tape"... works great. Just make sure you try to maximize the tape area (for enough holding power) so the lexan piece affixes to the side of the ramp as close to the opto as you can get.

You could easily remove in the future if you ever wanted to.

Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG
#4555 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I collected all gems, played computer frenzy and completed Battle Royal on a 1 ball challenge game, so yes, it's possible to complete in 3 balls - if you're good enough. If you're not good enough setting to 10 balls won't be enough.[quoted image]

Wow, awesome score, especially on one ball! I think my best on one ball (first ball of regular game) is 600+ million on my Premium. I think I've had similar or maybe even higher on a ball 2 or 3 of a game that started poorly...

I've collected all 6 gems once, been to Battle Royale multiple times and got computer frenzy once so far, but I'm just under a Billion on my high score at this point.

My outlanes are just too hungry most of the time!

Really looking forward to see how the code progresses and hope they put Thanos back in on next update (any day now?)!

#4557 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Even though I was 90% happy with my CM ramp, I figured I would try adding the plastic to see how it went. I had an old inlane/outlane divider plastic protector laying around that was the perfect width, just needed to be cut to length. Attached with a piece of double sided tape, and it's wedged in place nicely so I do not think it will move. I have to admit, I am impressed. Not only does it allow a slightly sloppier shot to make it, it also smoothed out good shots. It's smooth as butter now. No, it is not a miracle worker that will allow a sloppy shot, but I'd say it took me from 90% of good shots making it to 99%. And I also like that it will keep the occasional ball from flying out the back of the wireform (only had this happen 2-3 times, but it was annoying).
I do not see this as a "cheat" at all. More like how we sometimes have to tweak the height of a ramp cover (original Avengers Black Widow ramp) or add a cover to help keep the ball down where it belongs (X-Men Rogue shot). It's more of a tweak then a mod in my mind. Not at all necessary for the shot to function, but it helps make it a bit more consistent. You have to remember this ramp and wireform are dealing with some pretty complex geometry with compound bends and angles. Once you take into account necessary manufacturing tolerances on both the ramp itself, the playfield attachment, hardware, etc, it's hard to expect 100% perfection for something this complex. It's way different than your typical ramp if you really think about it. I'm impressed it works as well as it does to be honest. And I'm pleasantly surprised how much of an improvement this super simple tweak made.[quoted image]

Man, has anyone been on the "Stranger Things" owner's thread? Those guys are constantly coming up with mods and fixes to get the Pre/LE magnet lock or Demigorgan to work "properly".

Most of us AIQ owners just need a small piece of plastic!

#4560 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Just made the 8th shot in Soul Gem (iron man tower). Instead of getting the dr strange animation, the hawkeye challenge started and I didn’t get the soul gem awarded... is this a known bug ?

What code are you running?

Are you sure you didn't run out of flips and lost the gem and went to "normal game mode" and started Hawkeye Challenge?

I haven't experienced this myself in ~1200+ games.

#4562 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Code 0.95 and I’m 100% sure i had enough flips left, shot was green also

Interesting... I've finished with anywhere from only 1 flip to 58 flips remaining (and of course many that I didn't finish), but haven't had this happen. Could be a bug.

#4565 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I am glad you said that because I feel the same way! I have put on my plastic fix several different ways. I thought It had fixed it at first because my success rate immediately increased. (placebo effect?) Then I came to the realization that the shot needs to be made clean regardless if you have the plastic or not. Yesterday I played a game where even my clean shots were NOT making it all the way up. What I did notice is that from a cradle I was having a hard time, However when I shoot black widow and the ball has more speed coming thru the in lane it increases my success rate. My flipper power is set at max from the factory, but I am having a hard time making the shot from a cradle.

Clean and "wax" regularly if you aren't and that should help the success rate as well, especially from a cradle, but yes, the lexan piece certainly doesn't allow "all shots" to make the loop, but does help greatly reduce the number of strong shot rejects in my experience.

#4577 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

So I need help. Last night I installed my topper I ordered from Nitro Pinball last week. The pink stone all the way to right seems to work fine in attract mod but is nearly always on when playing the game. It doesn’t appear to match the game stones. Also lately it wants to serve two balls into the shooter lane randomly. It is doing it more and more? Thoughts? Running.95 code. Thanks for the help.

I don't have the topper myself, but I believe it allows players to collect gems across multiple games and then unlocks a multiball once all 6 gems have been collected, no matter how many games it takes. That is probably why you have one gem lit all the time as you must have collected that gem after installing the topper?

The 2 balls in the shooter lane is most likely unrelated and may be a switch issue in the ball trough.

#4587 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Do you put carnauba wax on after using novus?

I recommend "waxing" after deep cleaning. I use Novus 1 on the playfield around every 500 - 1000 games. I haven't needed Novus 2 on my "new" machines.

I know I am in the distinct minority and may even get ridiculed, but I don't use carnauba wax anymore as you end up with residue everywhere in all of the nooks and crannies. I have been using F-11 for a couple years now (faster than any wax I tried) and it works great.

I also use "Wizards mist and shine" between "deep cleanings" around every 150 - 200 games and this stuff is great. Playfield is very fast afterward and you may not even need to wax or use F-11 or whatever you prefer.

#4588 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I love shooting the playfield I think the code is fantastic but I just don’t know I feel like it’s missing “something”. I think maybe something to do with sound I don’t know what but yeah to quote the castle “it’s the vibe”. I still want one because of how it shoots and the code

We are due for a code update any day now... hopefully Thanos is back in, they get rid of the trophy room as the main screen and Stern adds some actual new stuff since so far the updates have pretty much been tweaks to existing things.

I love the game so far and trust it will only get better with each update!

#4594 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Issues with my topper.... ihave it set to TOPPER GEMS START MODE” – YES but as soon as I launch the first ball these 4 gems light and stay lit. Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

I posted for similar question earlier today...

I don't have the topper myself, but I believe it allows players to collect gems across multiple games and then unlocks a multiball once all 6 gems have been collected, no matter how many games it takes. That is probably why you have four gems lit all the time as you must have collected those gems after installing the topper?

#4610 3 years ago

Installed a Deluxe Speaker Light Kit on my AIQ Premium. First machine I've tried this on... I like it!

Trying a few different settings out.

#4659 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Congratulations and there is a good chance you will just upgrade to a premium after a few months of ownership anyway. This was my first premium personally. I consider myself a pro guy. Premium is worth it on this one imo.

This also is my first Premium and even though I have the "original design" subway I have had no issues in over 1200 games played. The worst I've had is very rarely a ball will not fully roll into the VUK... requiring a soft shake to get it to roll in.

Also no issues with my portal disk. The lexan I added to the Captain Marvel ramp I wouldn't really classify as a problem, just an "improvement". I also added 3 more RGB LEDs to the portal subway for an "improvement".

#4660 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

It can also be brutal on the outlanes, which might make people enjoy it less.

AIQ definitively can be brutal on the outlanes... it seems the outlane post is lower than "normal" when compared to the placement of the upper sling post which makes the ball "want" to go out the outlane...

#4663 3 years ago

Just joined the Billion Club!

4B4D264D-5713-40BA-ADC1-FEA22F8631D8 (resized).jpeg4B4D264D-5713-40BA-ADC1-FEA22F8631D8 (resized).jpeg
#4669 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I am finding that my strategy is evolving....for instance I used to go for mind gem early, to get help with mind gem. But I am pretty good at mind gem now (I get it about 85% of the time with no help from the mind gem).

Not sure what you mean here...

#4671 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Oops...typo. I meant to say I would try for mind gem before SOUL gem...if mind gem is on a level 1 avenger you get three hits on the lockbar button for a “needed shot” which really helps during soul gem. My best is 74 flips remaining using this tactic.
The thing is, mind gem is one of the more difficult gem quests for me (need to hit the disc 3 times, plus the final blow at the sanctum!). These days I am going for power and time gem first, before the inevitable soul gem quest.

Gotcha! 74 flips remaining is impressive!

The mind gem can be tricky for me to use "in the heat of the battle" (especially during a multiball) and I'm still learning how to use it and Space gem if I have both at the same time, since they both use the action button.

A few times I have pulled off using the Mind gem on Level 2 Avenger and use it for a x7 on all shots while trying for the Reality gem! Fun times!

#4673 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Any think the soul GEM intro is really , really bad

Compared to the other intros it seems OK to me... lots of shaker use!

#4686 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Today is the day of the update?

Hope so... it's been over a month since the last update and I have been to where the code is missing multiple times now.

Excited and looking forward to the game improving, Thanos being added in and hopefully a better background than the trophy room.

#4692 3 years ago
B81B4BDF-D22B-46EF-97C1-4B549DB67362 (resized).jpegB81B4BDF-D22B-46EF-97C1-4B549DB67362 (resized).jpeg
#4695 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

please, how to reset a game?
press left button+start do not work like on JP.
thanks

You can turn that on in the settings or if after first ball is played, just hold the start button for a few seconds.

#4698 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Release day!
V0.98.0 - January 28th, 2020
=============================
- Battle Thanos - added this Wizard mode that lights when you spell STRANGE after playing Battle Royale wizard mode and all 5 Gem Quests
- Thanos Attacks - added this new Wizard mode that lights when you spell STRANGE after collecting the Soul Gem and playing at least 2 Gem Quests
- Super Victory Laps - starts after winning Thanos Attacks as a 3 ball multiball and after winning Battle Thanos as a 6 ball multiball
- Black Order Multiball - added rule that if you extend the multiball with the Soul Gem you must get a Super Jackpot or the Soul Gem is lost to Thanos
- Black Order Multiball - fixed an issue where Total display effect was using the wrong background video
- Black Order Multiball - collecting a Super Jackpot now lights Soul Gem to be collected if you previously failed Soul Gem or lost it replaying a Gem Quest
- Battle Royale - defeating the Black Order now lights Soul Gem to be collected if you previously failed Soul Gem, Black Order Multiball, or lost it replaying a Gem Quest
- Battle Royale - updated background text layout and fonts for consistency
- All Gem Quests - all Final Blow animations are now full screen
- Combos - added back the Right Orbit combo from a Left Ramp shot
- Combos - Right Orbit will only light Left Ramp for a combo if the combo sequence is less than 3, otherwise it will only light Left Orbit, Tower, and Pops Shot
- Combos - base scoring changed from 150K to 300K
- Combo Jackpot - base scoring changed from 3M to 5M
- Hawkeye Challenge - implemented Marksman difficulty award of 'Light Gem' in order of: Running Quest -> Failed Gem Quest -> Failed Soul Gem -> Unplayed Gem Quest -> 5M consolation
- Thor Spellout - fixed an issue with text overlapping UI Gems on later game Thor spellouts
- Strange Spellout - if you possess all the Gems, STRANGE letters cannot be collected unless conditions are right to begin a Thanos wizard mode
- Strange Spellout - if you have played all the Gem Quests and do not possess the Soul Gem spelling STRANGE and shooting in the Portal will collect a random Avenger
- Power Gem Quest - scoring build rate for Spinner increased, Glancing from 10K to 25K / Critical from 25K to 75K
- Trophy Collect - fixed a crash that would happen when more than 24 trophies would be collected before playing Trophy Mania
- Light Shows - added Change Gems light show while selecting your Gem placements
- Light Shows - added Black Order Multiball light show for start of mode
- Light Shows - added Replay light show
- Light Shows - many new light shows added for new modes
- UI - updated fonts used in Avenger and Black Order power bars for consistency
- DJ Mixer - fixed an issue with the maximum adjustment value being off by 1 which could cause the game to crash if set to this value
- Extra Ball - consolation when Extra Ball is disabled scoring changed from 1M to 10M
- Replay - default starting replay from 50M to 100M
- Audits - fixed Right Slingshot audit counting for left side
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'THANOS ATTACKS START QUESTS PLAYED' - default: 2 - number of Gem Quests that need to be played to light Thanos Attacks (must also possess Soul Gem)
- System - Updated to V2.69.0
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.66.0

These updates look good! Looking forward to playing it. Didn't see anything about replacing or upgrading the background Trophy Room unless I missed it...

#4705 3 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

Have any other LE/Premium owners tried the new code yet?
I'm seeing an issue where my spinning disc never lowers. This was not a problem prior to the code update. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Make sure you didn't accidentally install the PRO code.

#4706 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I've always wondered why the Avengers reset after Soul Gem. Seems unfair that you would be penalized for going into Soul Gem, which is unavoidable. I realize the Power Gem avoids this for one, but I would think that resetting after losing the ball would be enough penalty. Maybe it's unbalanced score wise and needs something like this to make it harder to score, or I'm not thinking of it correctly as to why.

You have to re-collect all of the Avengers to enter Black Order Multiball and then again for Battle Royale.

#4708 3 years ago
Quoted from holden1090:

having issues unzipping this download. anyone else ?

No need to Unzip... just put the spk file on your thumb drive.

#4732 3 years ago

My update (I did full update & verify) went smooth and my disk raised and lowered fine afterward.

Only had time for a couple of games and that bastard Thanos stole my Soul gem and then my Power gem the next game!

I like the added complexity though! Add's more strategy as it looks like you can "choose" which gem you wager and battle for. I've been in the 0.95 code where you were basically "done" other than Trophy Mania, so this is quite welcome!

I especially like that you can earn another attempt at the Soul gem. Seems scoring should be a little higher now as well. Looking forward to making some runs at going deep in the code this weekend!

#4744 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If you really want to make the subway pop, get something like mirror blade material and cut it to fit the back of the subway, reflects the light and balls so you can see even more!

I added an additional (3) RGB lights... joined into the (3) that are originally there for much brighter lighting effects!

#4747 3 years ago

Only "issue" I've seen so far with 0.98 is that you can enter your initials for Thanos Attacks high score, but it doesn't seem that the Thanos Attacks score is ever shown with the other high scores. Maybe I just missed it, but I ran through all of the leaderboard scores a couple times?

#4782 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Got my Mezel Mods installed today - tower and Sanctum. Very nice must have improvements. It’s impressive how far 3D printing has come - wasn’t a fan in the past because you could clearly see the ridges and it was obvious it was 3D printed. With these mods it’s very hard to tell.
The one thing I was hesitant about with the Sanctum replacement was losing the downward spot light onto the spinner. And I was correct - it made it very dull and dark in that area, which is disappointing since it’s such an important part of the game:
[quoted image]
So I installed a stand up Spot light on the post to the left of the ramp - was a perfect fit - screwed straight on to the post. Will run the cable back under the ramp and behind the backbox and splice into the same wires as the original spot. Easy and worthwhile mod IMO. After:

A mod that needs a mod?

#4794 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

The same thing just happened to me. I’m not sure that my conditions were exactly the same as yours, but I hit the tower shot and the game froze, then rebooted on its own. I think I had collect gem lit but I’m not 100% sure on that. It was ball lock 2 for IM MB but no Hawkeye challenge.
I’m on .98 code. This has never happened before (I must have over 1000 games on it by now).

You guys should report these to Stern per the code Readme file: email [email protected] to report any software problems.

#4799 3 years ago

Yeah, I like the addition of Thanos attacks. (unfortunately I'm working today, but looking forward to many games played the rest of my weekend!)

Only played a couple games since the update and lost Thanos Attacks both times.

Deadpool is definitely more upbeat, but not sure it is funner yet. The music, jokes, etc. make Deadpool very enjoyable. AIQ is definitely more serious. The only "upbeat" part is when an Avenger makes fun of you for an untimely drain.

I like deep games, so AIQ fits the bill, (so does Deadpool!) but additional side modes and further polish are definitely welcome.

#4802 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do you ever get the chance to replay for Gems?

Yes, as long as you have the Soul gem in your possession, but if you lose the gem again - you also lose the Soul gem. 0.98 gives us a few chances to regain the Soul gem though.

#4808 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Finally a good game and a successful fending off of Thanos Attack! I had no idea you had to defend each of your gems! I had two of them plus soul. I celebrated after successfully defending the first one, only to have it ask me to pick another one, and then the third! Managed to defend all three, and got a nice juicy victory multiball after. Must have been pretty good scoring as Thanos Attack ended up being about 1/4 of my entire score (I didn't do much after that mode).
So, theoretically, if you managed to win all five gems and THEN win the soul gem, would you have to defend all six during this mode???
Wow...what an awesome mode! Feels like a true wizard mode. Can't wait to get to the real one now.

Yeah! Exactly like me - I didn’t realize you had to defend all of your gems and I lost my third, the Mind Gem.

And then I lost my Soul Gem in Black Order Multiball!

I shall get revenge!

#4841 3 years ago

New high score! Lost Thanos attacks and didn’t quite make it to Battle Royale Multiball or Battle Thanos in this game.

C78461C9-07F8-47E1-92E3-B1270CE35860 (resized).jpegC78461C9-07F8-47E1-92E3-B1270CE35860 (resized).jpeg

#4843 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So from a cradle with the ball on the right flipper - is anyone able to hit and make the Captian Marvel ramp ???

Yes. Keep the playfield cleaned and waxed. Check your playfield angle and level.

Edit: (oops didn’t think CM ramp at first...) backhanding the CM ramp is extremely difficult, but I have done it a few times. Usually has to be with ball off the flipper, just in front. I can backhand Thor most tries from a cradle though.

If long play sessions, PinMonk Pinmonk’s fans really help with fighting flipper fade.

#4856 3 years ago

Oh yeah! Defeated the final Thanos!

44865D9F-836F-45D5-B798-BB7ADB3FE048 (resized).jpeg44865D9F-836F-45D5-B798-BB7ADB3FE048 (resized).jpegDE599916-FC12-46D1-93AA-DFADB3F43C24 (resized).jpegDE599916-FC12-46D1-93AA-DFADB3F43C24 (resized).jpeg
#4858 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

What speaker lights are those.

Deluxe Spike 2 kit from http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

#4864 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I got to Thanos Attacks somehow. So much is going on in this pin especially when you have two multi balls stacked I don’t even know what I’m completing but man this pin is a blast. Thought you needed to have two soul gems to get to Thanos Attacks but I know I only had one and failed on a few other attempts?

For Thanos Attacks you need the Soul Gem and play at least 2 other Gem Quests (win or lose)

Quoted from Deyanks98:

Also does anyone use the Ninja Premium balls
on this pin even though it has a magnet? I really dislike the Stern balls and nothing shines like the Ninja Premium ones do.

I use and like the Ninja pinballs. Haven't had magnetism issues with them in AIQ or my other machines, but I do change them out every 400 - 500 games as they are fairly scuffed for my liking at that point.

#4880 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Are some of the crazy high scores on 3 balls? or 5 balls?

Quoted from Broohaha:

It's impossible to say for all scores, but my best is 1.6 bil - on 3 ball "mode". (.95 code) Keep in mind I must have gotten 3+ extra balls on that game. I would say most folks are playing with 3. Over a billion is definitely doable if that's what you're asking.
But perhaps 1.6 bil isn't a crazy score for you... was for me!

Yes, all of my scores including my current best of 1.6 Billion is also with 3 balls, but I did get several extra balls during the game.

#4901 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

who else loves the captain america shot?
People say its the hardest shot in the game but i think its ant-man.

I seem to have better success with the Captain America shot (still low %) than I currently do consistently hitting the Hawkeye upper loop for some reason... hurts me in Black Order Multiball!

#4911 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

With Thanos now in the game, it seems really complete. Overall, I love it but I have a few nit picks:
- The trophy room background is blah (as most would agree);
- The Black Order Multiball background screen looks empty with a generic space picture;
- Some of the final blow shots for the gem modes have a nice sound effect when you hit them but the volume of the sound effect should be increased for the final blow to make it a bigger event and so that you know you have finished the mode if you are in a MB;
- Does anyone else find it odd that they took out the Thanos mode for 3 months, and when they replaced it, its basically the same as was originally in the game? If you watch the original Deadflip video when he gets to Thanos, it had 2 stages. Now, "Thanos Attacks" is the same as the first stage (fighting for your gems), and "Battle Thanos" is the second stage (a fight with a lifebar), but made even more simple (i.e. it now doesn't have the perks based on the gems that you have and anti-perks for the ones that Thanos has). Why take it out for months and then not change much at all?
- Still no Adam Warlock in the game.
Hope they can add a few things to the code in the last updates.

I agree, game is nearly complete, but Trophy room needs to be much improved.

I also wish the screen showed which gems you lost - I know the gauntlet lights up, but would like feedback on the screen as well. Maybe an X through the lost gem or something? Gems could also be a little larger on the display.

Taking Thanos out and then putting him back in allowed Stern to go from 0.95 to 0.98...

I've only made it to Battle Thanos once so far in the new code and I won, I've been to Thanos Attacks probably 10+ times and lost all of them so far... almost all I've had to try to defend 3 gems though.

Hoping they add some more side games like Hulk and Hawkeye... maybe one with Adam Warlock.

Addiional shaker integration would be welcome, even something little like Deadpool does when you push the flipper buttons to jump through the bonus.

#4932 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I just got invoiced for my AIQ Premium. It should be shipped directly next week. I already have the Sanctum mod, Tower mod, Cliffy protectors, 3D apron cards from @youbentmywookie, and shaker motor. I am waiting for the Stern topper, stern plunger rod, and Stern game blades. Hopefully that is all I will need. I will also buy a pinnovators subwoofer kit.
Hopefully this run will have any issues resolved such as the subway lock mechanism.

Some of us in the early run (I received my Premium in early November) haven't had any subway issues... I'm pretty sure Stern is incorporating all of the latest and greatest in current builds though.

Great game! You should be happy and it seems like you have a good start on your modding!

The only other thing I would say that you may want to consider would be a sheet of anti-glare glass. I have a sheet of Cointaker's Voodoo glass on mine and love it! I also have Stern HD glass and Invisiglass on other machines and they all seem very similar to me.

Oh... and maybe Pinmonk's flipper coil fans...

#4968 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

From .98 code change log “ Black Order Multiball - added rule that if you extend the multiball with the Soul Gem you must get a Super Jackpot or the Soul Gem is lost to Thanos”
It seems that every time I get to BO MB with the soul gem, these guys take it even if I hit the Super Jackpot. On the last occasion I hit the super jackpot (rainbow color flashing Hawkeye inner loop) twice in the extended time.....and still lost the lost gem at the end. Does this happen to anyone else?

This is from the "original" AIQ rulesheet on Stern's website - doesn't look like it has been updated to reflect the latest code, but I believe this is still correct from my experience for the Black Order Multiball...The Jackpot is the Hawkeye mini loop - Super Jackpot is at Captain America.

"Collecting jackpot on mini loop lights disc. Spin disc to light super jackpot at Captain America,
which is 5 million plus the value of all jackpots collected since your last Super and adds a ball
into play. This also unlights any jackpots you have lit, and resets all characters."

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Or you could just have them switch on when a game starts, though I’m guessing that’s easier said than done.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it can be done, but more parts is more cost. Trying to keep the price down. But once I get the Tibetan Breeze kits adapted for all the machines, I may go back and add a thermal switch option. I've made the kit modular so that option could be easily added to any kit after the fact.

I have them installed on my AIQ and they really help during long games and marathon sessions.

If I play a different machine and come back to AIQ, I don't think there's any concern for getting the flipper coils "too cold" from them constantly running and I can't hear them at all.

#5022 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Lots of us are frustrated by the bad geometry with the outlanes. The slings are positioned too high resulting in them steering balls to the outlanes. The bouncy trap up area near Antman always results in the ball bouncing off the inlane divider and out - a terrible design element. It's not "challenging" if it's going out this way 95% of the time - it's bad design. And you know this because the outlane gap is not even particular big, it's just that the design of the game fits balls there perfectly.
I've waffled with lots of ways to adjust for this without nerfing the difficulty too much, and I found removing the rubber from the lane divider (ala Deadpool) reduces side drains by just enough to feel it's more fair. I think the larger outlane adjustable post is too much of a fix, although I think we can all agree that Keith messed up in having even the easiest/default outlane settings still with a pretty wide gap. I get that he's good...I'm good...but not-good players don't find this to be fun at all. On TAF, the left outlane post can be adjusted to where a ball almost doesn't even fit through. That's too extreme, this is the opposite. Give the players more choice.

Yes, the slings are definitely higher in relation to the outlane post than other games. Many, many cheap drains.

I also have Deadpool and going without rubbers on the outlanes was supposed to make it harder, but I tried with and without (settled on without) and it was similar number of side drains either way, but the ball reacts differently.

I still have the rubbers on my AIQ premium, but may try going without and see how I like it. I can still put up good scores (top 4 scores so far, all over 1 Billion) and make decent progress most games, but some games I put up less than a million on a ball because of the side drains...

#5041 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Hmmmm I have made (and been awarded) the secret skill shot this way several times (ie banked off the top drop target into the upper loop). I am talking about the skill shot that awards a portal lock. I go for the target skill shot more often now for precisely this reason!
I tend to only try the tower skill shot when it is also lit for a lock, and\or I am close to soul gem and want the mystery shot lit. I am hoping future code updates introduce a second award after you’ve made it once, instead of just a few points and more ball save time.
There are any number of secret and ultra secret skill shots possible with this layout (heck, maybe they are in there but we haven’t found them all yet). For example, soft plunge then hit hulk shot.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's definitely possible that I'm wrong and the secret skill shot doesn't cancel out after the first switch hit like I thought. It just always seems for me that if I miss my first try, it's over. So yeah...I could be wrong.

There is defintiely a short "grace period" for the skill shots. Many times I've bounced off the drop targets up into the Hawkeye loop for the award as you guys mentioned.

I've also knocked down a target and had a quick chance to shoot at it again - hit the center down and still been awarded the Secret Skill Shot.

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

My auto launcher is not making it around. I tried turning it down power this thread but is made it worse. I’ve checked all the wiring to the auto launcher and I can’t see any issues. It’s just not working right. We are getting out of my comfort zone here. What an I do? It makes soul gem impossible, for me, by the way.

Make sure the ball is sitting square with both "arms" of the auto launch mechanism... look at it from above - you want the ball touching both arms the same amount, may need to bend the arms a little. Also may need to bend out the bottom of the mechanism or add clips to take up any side to side movement.

Clean and wax or use whatever cleaner you prefer to clean the shooter lane (and entire playfield). I like "Wizards mist and shine" makes the game Very fast!

All of these will help, but i still have about 10% of autolaunches not make it all the way around to the right flipper.

#5094 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I appreciate the advice and will look tonight. What kind of clips would need to be added if I want to extend the reach?

Something like a C-clip or similar so you wouldn't have to take it apart like you would to add a washer. I was able to bend the bottom of mine out just a little to take up the slack without any clips or washers. This is just for the side to side movement to insure the auto launch plunger stays centered and repeatable.

I don't think you can extend the reach of the auto plunger without getting very creative.

When you place a ball in the normal pre-plunge resting position and look down on it from above, you will see what I mean about it hitting both arms equally. Sometimes only one arm is hitting, so the ball gets a bit of side thrust which makes it harder to launch properly. It's usually just small adjustments that are necessary.

#5120 3 years ago

New High Score on the Battle Royale Challenge mini game!

IMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPG
#5145 3 years ago

Ran into a small "bug" tonight on code 0.99. I sent it to [email protected] to let them know as well.

At the end of the game of Battle Royale Challenge mini game I was awarded a 0 point Soul Gem after winning the Battle Royale. And then it started to announce "Choose your Avenger" and then the mini game ended. I've only had this happen once so far after a couple dozen mini games on the latest code.

#5152 3 years ago

So, I've owned and loved Maiden, Jurassic, and now AIQ, but I'm finding my game almost unplayable.
Here are some things that are really killing it for me:
- 80-90% off failed shots around the Hawkeye loop, roll back out and drain down the left side
- 50-60% off shots coming out of the Cast. America pops drain SDTM with no chance at saving
- Nudging seems almost futile for side drains
- 60-70% of shots to the Cast. Marvel ramp reject
I have the game at 6.6 degrees just above the slings (6.4 near flippers, and 6.7-6.8 at the top of the pf)
Are these drains above by design? Also what angle is this game recommended to be at?
I want to like this game, so hopefully I can find a way to make it play better.
Also, TWD and TNA are two of my top games, so in no way do I shy away from hard games.
Thanks!

The outlanes are definitely hungry! PinMonk has excellent advice as it's usually a small tweak to reduce the occurrence of most of your issues.
Keeping the playfield and ramp very clean will help with Captain Marvel success, but adding the lexan or 3D printed piece will improve it substantially which helps the flow and enjoyment of the game in my opinion.

#5167 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

My right hand flipper seems to have lost some power. Checked the settings, and both sides are 255. I'm aware of the flipper fade issue, but I am noticing this straight away during a new game. Is there another issue which causes flippers to degrade? Got my machine in October last year, so it's got plenty of play but nothing too crazy.

Check the coils stops and coil sleeves. Both are very inexpensive and I had to replace on my AIQ and Deadpool at around 300 - 500 games played.

Later on the flipper link may also need to be replaced.

#5170 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

What would I be looking for which would reveal a problem?

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

gold dust in cabinet.

It’ pretty easy to swap them out. 2 screws per stop. Both Lower flipper coil stops and sleeves for around $10 total at pinball life. (Before shipping)

On my DP the coil stop nipple was almost torn off the base and about to fall off on both sides around 300 games. AIQ wasn’t as bad, but both nipples were loose and could spin when I replaced them.

#5171 3 years ago

Listening to the AIQ DJ mixer while I gave it a cleaning.

Not any really upbeat faster tempo songs in the entire game. Maybe the Mind Gem song (Gangsta Paradise maybe?), but that’s the fastest tempo song.

Deadpool on the other hand I think draws you into the game a little more with all of the uptempo songs.

I wouldn’t mind getting a new song or 2 added to AIQ that’s more upbeat and faster paced.

#5204 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Anyone have specific part numbers for the coil stops and sleeves? Looks like this the correct coil stop:
Product ID: 515-6308-01
Flipper Coil Stop For Stern/Sega
I'm not real sure what I am looking at under here...
[quoted image]

The coil stop is at the other end of the coil, away from the moving parts... the flipper plunger hits it with each flip, that is what causes wear and the gold dust. (2) screws hold it in place. The coil sleeve will then slide out of the inside of the coil, where the plunger slides. Replace both. It will seem more obvious when you are looking at it.

c8233330a2d3a289c3486029d9be4db3875ca896_LI (resized).jpgc8233330a2d3a289c3486029d9be4db3875ca896_LI (resized).jpg

#5209 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Thank you! Ordered a couple replacement and extras this morning. Did not realize these machines required so much maintenance (this is my first pin). Does not bother me - kind of fun!

Sure thing. Learning about and working on pins can also be fun if you like that kind of stuff. I'm very mechanically minded by nature and have worked on my own cars for ever and working on and modding pins can be very rewarding as well as playing them...

If you keep the playfield clean, (and replace balls every 500 games or so) you will reduce the amount of wear on the game, but there are many moving parts and electrical connections that will require maintenance from time to time, but groups like this are usually eager to help answer any questions.

#5216 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Forgot about the balls - are the standard balls at Pinball Life good enough? I'll add those to my order...

Those balls are fine. The Ninja balls from ballbaron.com are super shiny, but any balls will need to be replaced around every 500 games played.

#5219 3 years ago

I did collect a third time to get to Battle Royale.
The update readme file makes it sound like I would have had it ready. A friend said you probably have to hit the disc to spell Strange, but I feel like there was something going on before the ball drained, so maybe I didn't have to?!?!
Anyone know for sure?

Yes, you have to spin the disc to spell strange before Battle Thanos is available after Battle Royale and all 6 gem quests.

#5220 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

My post on the spinning disc has now come loose and flown off a 2nd time after properly screwing it down and tightening it. I'm looking at using loctite as others have mentioned. Do you put the loctite on metal cutout on the disc, on the rubber itself, where?
Love the game, but having to routinely hunt for nuts and screws flying off the game every month is irritating.

Just put a small amount of Loctite on the lowest screw threads before inserting into nut and re-screwing it tight, so the Loctite will be in the screw threads and nut threads to hold secure.

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Why would you have all of the levellers completely raised? It would make the game more unstable and put unnecessary stress on the levellers. Having them all raised is the same as having them all lowered, in terms of pitch.
I start of as default with the front legs lowered to their limit, only changing them if I need to adjust left to right pitch due to an uneven floor. Then using the the rear levellers to adjust back to front pitch.

Semantics... by "lowered" do you mean screwed as far in to the leg as possible or screwed out as far as possible, so the leveler bolt is seen?

I have my front levelers screwed as far in as possible with no thread showing (what I would consider raised position) and the rear mostly extended or lowered so the bolt is showing. Slight adjustments for side to side leveling.

I'm at 6.8° ~ 7° on my AIQ.

#5296 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Unrelated - they should add an operator option to disable Thanos Attacks. It's so stupid. One of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen in a pinball game. I find myself, with 3 good gems in hand, picking the weakest gem first and intentionally draining so I don't lose one of the other two more valuable gems by accident. When good players are using that as a strategy, you messed up.

Quoted from Eightball88:

Power and Time are good early choices, Reality is always valuable. I usually leave the Space gem for later, once I have gems to move around. Mind gem is a really good one to have but it’s the riskiest one to go for (IMO).
EaglePin has linked to the tiltforums rule sheet in the post just above...it’s worth a read if you want to dig deeper into the rules!

I like the Thanos Attacks mode. Sure, I lose over half the time, but when I win I can either get a gem back or go into Super Victory Laps which can be pretty lucrative.

As far as strategy - (it currently takes over 1 billion to get on my high score leaderboard) I've started using Mind Gem more to help earn other gems, etc. It can be huge if you can align the mind gem on a level 2 Avenger and go into Reality gem quest... spin the disk and hit the "Super Boom"! Especially as others have noted if you have portal locked 1 or 2 balls and bring in a multiball as well.

Also - it's good to have a "base" strategy that sets everything else up. I like the Black Widow - Captain Marvel combo and either repeat or throw in a Black Panther - Iron Man tower or Hulk combo from time to time.

In later stages, especially for the 2nd or 3rd assembling of the Avengers - it's beneficial to have the Power gem and move it around. Also as has been noted, the Soul Gem jackpot can get really big as well!

Lot's of different ways to attack the game. Makes it fun for me!

#5300 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The only thing I agree with is that the player shouldn't have to shoot which gem they're defending - it should be randomly selected to start. But I think it's a great mode and like the severe risk/reward. They said, making it so you can disable the feature would be fine, but leave it by default.

I also think the Soul gem mode should be random... same shots required each time, but the order randomized...

#5333 3 years ago

AIQ Battle Royale Challenge 0.99 Bug

After defeating the Black Order - instead of the game ending - I am awarded the Soul Gem and allowed to continue the game, which unfortunately didn't last long with an outlane drain...

I've been awarded a zero point Soul Gem a few other times, but this is the first time the game continued.

#5376 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm REALLY close to pulling the trigger on a premium but had a few questions...
1. How deep is the game compared to other "deep" games (my metrics are WoZ and LOTR for deep and something like WCS94 for simple)?
2. How friendly is it to new players/casuals? I remember one thing I didn't love about Star Trek was that the mode start shot was borderline impossible for my wife and other friends who never play pinball. Combos, loops, "big toy" targets are fine...But if you can't make any meaningful progress without incredibly accurate shots, it sort of ruins the excitement for lesser skilled players.
3. I've been reading this thread pretty thoroughly and see a good number of issues (some super small and simple to others quite in depth)...I'm assuming it's a crap shoot re: how good bad it is? What about the clear coat?
I believe there's a pro somewhat near me in Indy, but I don't know of any premiums nearby (there may be about an hour away after some additional research). I'm gonna do my best to get some games on one first, but I figured I'd get some input from y'all who currently own and have put a good number of games on one!

AIQ is pretty deep and you shouldn't be disappointed. Much deeper than older games like Twilight Zone which were once heralded as super deep. (I still love TZ, though!) I don't have much play on WOZ or LOTR unfortunately. If you are good player and a little lucky with the outlanes, you can have 30+ minute games, similar to Deadpool in game depth in my opinion. In comparison it took me 12 months to "complete" Deadpool, but I have beaten final Thanos a couple times in 3 months... my best trophy count is currently 22, so I haven't been to Trophy Mania wizard mode yet. Many different ways to attack AIQ, so should have staying power in a collection. The Battle Royale Challenge mini game is also a different way to enjoy the game and has it's own unique ways to attack it.

AIQ has great shots and combos. New players can enjoy it without needing the huge rulesheet. Sure understanding all of the nuances will help your progress, but not needed for casual enjoyment.

If you are getting a Premium/LE, definitely do the Captain Marvel ramp mod... either Lexan or the new 3d printed option by @tdiddy. Makes the shot much more enjoyable. Also keep the playfield nice and clean and you will be ripping combos!

#5379 3 years ago

My new best for Soul gem!

0E46EA00-55B5-4D17-ADCC-A5C5E2D7EA39 (resized).jpeg0E46EA00-55B5-4D17-ADCC-A5C5E2D7EA39 (resized).jpeg
#5382 3 years ago

On my 73 Flips Soul Gem Quest...

Missed my first couple of tries at Black Panther, so I used one of my Level 1 Mind Gems, got lucky and didn't miss any more shots the rest of the way and used one more Mind gem on the drop targets.

Also luckily I was recording a few games and was able to record this one!

#5390 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I'm confused as it seemed like your getting shots counted for during Soul Gem mode even when not hitting them. So if you have the Mind Gem you can hit that shot and it counts towards the next Soul Gem is that correct? Think my best so far was 53 flips left but that was with completing all eight shots.

Yeah, 64 flips was my previous best. It's tricky to get a Mind gem setup properly on a level 1 Avenger, let alone have a second level 1 and the Space gem ready... to do even better. Level 1 Avenger with Mind Gem allows you to use the "Boom" button for a single "best" shot available, three times. In the case of the Soul gem, you don't want the Avenger to be Level 2 since that is one use for getting all lit shots. (That does work great in situations like going for the Reality gem!)

You also get one "shot completion" for getting partway around the mini loop or Black Panther (ball falls back into pops - doesn't make it all the way around to the wireform return).

#5392 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Thanks that helps clarify things and I will watch the video that was posted here when I get a chance. I'm also trying my best to read through all the rules again in hopes somethings stick this time! So much going on all the time it's hard to keep everything in mind. I also got to Black Order multiball last night for the first time so that was cool. Though oddly got there after I failed the first soul gem challenge. Which rarely ever happens as I find that to be the easiest mode to beat.

I'm usually not that worried about maximizing the Soul Gem number of flips since the points scored are relatively low no matter how well you do on it... it's more important to "Get" the Soul gem!

#5424 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

time gem quest complete. collect gem lit on right ramp. i hit the shot at least a dozen times but the post never went up and gem never collected. is there something else i was supposed to do? when i was hitting the shot the white combo arrow lit on the right ramp so i think the opto is ok, plus opto works fine in test mode. is there some other shot that needs to be hit to collect the gem?

Double check in switch test mode that the switches for the right (gauntlet) ramp are registering properly and are not accidentally switched with another ramp.

#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from FightCave:

Quick question... I have had my AIQ pro for six weeks and the rubber on my upper flipper is already falling off. Is that normal? Or should I contact stern to get a replacement. I know that these things will happen over time, but I only have about 1,000 plays on the table so far. I don't think anything should be falling apart.

Yeah that upper flipper rubber takes a beating. 1000 plays is actually pretty long in my experience. They are pretty cheap and you should have some spares on hand. They are considered a consumable so I would be surprised if Stern would replace.

I like Pinball Life "Perfect Play" rubber rings, but for longest lasting for that upper flipper, the "SuperBands" will take the beating better, but are very hard to install because they are stiff. Putting them in hot water helps.

#5426 3 years ago

Battle Royale Challenge - Snuck in under 2 minutes!

IMG_0091 (resized).JPGIMG_0091 (resized).JPG
#5437 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What happened to the pinky side of the infinity gauntlet?

Quoted from lockeness:

I have no idea. I did not do anything. Is it not supposed to be like that?

I think it's just the angle of the pics and a plastic is in front of the gauntlet, making it look like part of the gauntlet is missing...

#5445 3 years ago

I also have messed around a bit with the auto plunger and haven't had permanent success. I try to manual plunge most of the time, but it also runs into problems from time to time.

#5447 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

[eye roll]. Yes this is exactly what it is. Test mode confirms activation of left ramp exit when i pass the ball through the opto on the RIGHT ramp, and right ramp exit when i pass ball through opto on the LEFT ramp.
What is the fix? Swap at the node board? first pigtail? anyone know which board? i can do my own discovery so just asking in case someone knows off the top of their head.
btw born on date of this prem is 5 feb... if this is a known issue it hasn’t been rectified as of pretty recently
thanks for the help awesome1 and eightball88

Glad you were able to confirm the problem.

I would think changing at the node board would be easiest, but I haven't had to do it myself yet.

According to the schematic it looks like Node 9, Connector CN 10, pins 5 & 6 need to be swapped.

EDIT:
Looks like you need to switch # 41 & # 58. Node 9, Connector CN 10, pins 5 & 7/8/9 and CN12 pin 3 &10.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5449 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

beauty. thank you sir!

Update... you need to switch # 41 & # 58.

Node 9, Connector CN 10, pins 5 & 7/8/9 and CN12 pin 3 &10.

Capture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPG
#5469 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

You only need to locate and switch the connectors under the playfield. It’s a 5 minute fix! I didn’t have to do this on mine but others did, I think there are pictures earlier in this thread...

Yes, I looked at mine tonight. My right (gauntlet) ramp has connectors labeled “left exit opto” and the adjoining connector is labeled “center exit opto” so obviously they get mislabeled at the factory, so pull the playfield forward and trace them out.

369804A5-C741-4872-94FD-C7315A745635 (resized).jpeg369804A5-C741-4872-94FD-C7315A745635 (resized).jpeg
#5475 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

that’s a picture of the spot i was thinking of swapping mine. the ones from the right ramp opto are tagged ‘opto left ramp exit -55’ and the ones from the left ramp opto are tagged ‘opto left ramp exit -54’. i was thinking of swapping -54 and -55 but i can’t unplug them because i can’t get the little locks pushed in! do i need some kind of molex tool or something?

Wiggle the white plastic connectors as you pull on them and they will come apart. I don't think there are any locks on those 3 pin connectors.

#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Just got my premium today. Any adjustments for the black widow ramp airballs that hit the plastic on the entrance?

This is a very rare occurrence on my premium, but I may just add an additional spacer to provide a little more height to the plastic at the entrance and see if that helps.

#5498 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

For anyone, er everyone, having trouble with Stern's crappy auto-plunger not making it up the ramp, I solved this issue on mine and it was bad.
So, first advice: Do not try to line up the forks so they both touch the ball exactly. This won't work. In fact, doing this will drop your ramp-make rate to near 0. The way this mech works is a mess - what happens when Stern goes cheap on everything (compare to the auto plunger on LOTR to see what I mean).
Record your auto plunger with your phone in high speed (slow mo) mode and you'll likely see it takes a hard left after its plunged and then tries to go straight. Even with the forks perfectly aligned to the ball right down to the atomic level.
Instead, grab a pair of plyers and bend the right fork so it's perfectly straight (on mine, its actually bent a little outward at optimal setting, as crazy as that sounds), now gradually tweak the left fork as outward as it can go until its either pointed straight (it's usually bent to the right at the factory) or the ball is resting JUST above the manual plunger tip - this is how you get the torque you want.
Now, drop a ball in the shooter lane and watch. Doesn't make it? Turn the left fork inward a tad. Continue repeating this until your ball is making it over 100% of the time. The sound the auto-plunger makes is unique when you get it right. Its a solid thunk sound. When adjusted correctly, the ball easily makes it up the ramp 100% of the time without fail. It can be done on every copy of this machine. Try it, the auto-plunger mech is quite difficult to break.
EDIT: Attached a photo of mine at rest so you can see what I mean a little better. Notice the right fork doesn't touch the ball at all and the forks hold the ball -just- above the shooter tip. Having the ball sit this far back gives you much more torque on both manual and auto plunged shots.[quoted image]

Thanks, I'll give this a try tonight after work!

#5529 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Anyone having issues where a ball should be held in the subway and the game kicks it out for no real reason (i.e. thus giving you a multiball when you shouldn't be in one)? Wondering if this is a code or mechanical issue.
If its mechanical, I can't figure out what the issue is. The trough optos all seem fine, as to the optos in the subway mech.
Any help would be appreciated.

Quoted from pineal:

switch test> interlock, then roll a ball over or through the switch and read the screen. it will tell you which switch it is activating. sorry if you already know how to do this. i wasn’t sure from your post whether you knew how to get started.

Yes, as mentioned by pineal ,test the ramp switches in switch test mode with the white interlock switch pulled out that is just inside the coin door. Most likely the ramp optos are mixed up - easy fix.

Once you figure which ramp is registering where, remove the glass and slide the playfield up onto the rubber pads on the supports so it's all the way forward. You can trace and access the ramp opto connectors at the rear of the playfield as seen in a picture in my post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/110#post-6156375

You only need to switch the "Right ramp exit opto" wires or whichever one is wrong, not the opto power wires. The white plastic 3 position connectors will pull apart with some effort. Switch with correct ramp opto and you should be good to go.

#5530 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Got my replacement subway from Stern, but still having issues. If I have balls locked and start the Soul Gem, the game cycles looking for balls before ejecting the locked balls. I also notice that locked balls play correctly when starting a quest, but they bunch up when being ejected (one ball on the launcher and the other right up next to it). Anyone figured out the fix for this?

Go into switch test mode and double check the order that the subway opto switches are registering in. If a couple are mixed up it would kick the ball out like you mention at times. Swap the connectors under the playfield if they are mixed up with the correct opto.

#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Anyone having issues where a ball should be held in the subway and the game kicks it out for no real reason (i.e. thus giving you a multiball when you shouldn't be in one)? Wondering if this is a code or mechanical issue.
If its mechanical, I can't figure out what the issue is. The trough optos all seem fine, as to the optos in the subway mech.
Any help would be appreciated.

You should also try this:

Go into switch test mode and double check the order that the subway opto switches are registering in. If a couple are mixed up it would kick the ball out like you mention at times. Swap the connectors under the playfield if they are mixed up with the correct opto.

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Do I need a ball moving through to test the switches?

Yes. You can kick a ball out to use by going into test mode - Diagnostics - Clear Balls

Hit the start button to kick a ball out.

#5542 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Looks like the finger on the far right is misplaced - which would lead it to not stop the ball in front of the sensor. Other two look correct.

Make sure the subway plastic is "centered" and the fingers aren't catching on it.

#5560 3 years ago

I just threw down a crazy time and score on AIQ Battle Royale Challenge!
1:14:465 / 441,237,690

IMG_0125 (resized).JPGIMG_0125 (resized).JPG
#5574 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Does anyone else feel it’s a little too easy to open the portal? I never get my avengers level up to where I want to be for the gem battles. Maybe a 3 or 5 second red flashing on the action button to decline the portal open for the premium after you hit the spinner to spell strange would be a cool code option that could be added with a parameter to adjust the time of the flash and default the 0 seconds to keep the factory code ‘true’ to the previous releases? Somewhat like the hobbit defer lock button that lets you work on the modes.

I try to avoid spinning the disk or entering the portal until I have enough combos to at least lock 1 ball. Usually easier said than done...

A few times I have had my first gem quest be the Soul Gem!

#5582 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

I just played my Pro and went w a strategy to level up Black Widow before doing anything else. I hit the BW ramp 6-7 times in a row and it didn’t register a single shot after the initial shot. I took the glass off and tested it. It wouldn’t register back to back shots. It would only register the next shot if I hit another target in between. Is this a glitch or is this intentional? Seems like it would be a glitch. Why would you get penalized for being able to go back to back on a shot like that. Anyone willing to test it out on their machine for me? Thanks.
Update- I just tested out on Black Panther loop and it’s the same situation. I’m calling BS on that if Stern is listening. Leveling the individual Avengers up to level 2 is hard enough. Why penalize a combo on the same ramp or loop?!? I’m fairly new to this so if this is normal, then it’s ok and I’ll stop whining. Haha

They are trying to eliminate "exploits". This is from the Tilt Forum rules:
Black Widow - Make the left ramp enough times to qualify. Note that you can’t advance Black Widow by passing the ball over to the right flipper from the left ramp return, another switch has to be registered before the qualification process starts again.

#5586 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

The other day I got to soul gem with 3 mind gems (that the one to collect a shot?) and I thought here we go I’m set I’ll hit the button once to collect black panther hit black widow, hit collect gem shot, and I’ll have a couple more mind gem presses and I’m set for a massive soul gem points and flips left! But to no avail the button didn’t work during that mode?! When should the button be activated for mind gem shot collection?

Yes, it should work like you were anticipating... make sure the Mind Gem is on a level 1 Avenger though. If the Avenger is only collected or not collected and not level 1, the button will only light and work when the Avenger the Mind gem is on is lit and it will only count for that shot.

#5588 3 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

In addition to the shaker, adding the Pinwoofer GT superkit really brings this game to life. The booming audio's added punch during multiball and vibrations to the cabinet (from the speaker as well as the shaker) immerses you into the gameplay. So far, those are the best mods I've added. Highly recommended.

I agree 100%, except I only added upgraded speakers to backbox and subwoofer to the cabinet for about $30 - $40 total from Parts Express (also add external sub - shared with another pin) and then tweak the game equalizer settings to my liking. Shaker use is good in AIQ - hopefully a little more integration in the future.

One trick I also started doing is to set the speakers as 8 ohm in the settings even though I have 4 ohm speakers. This acts like a "Loud" button on a car stereo (in my experience) and you get added base at lower volumes.

#5595 3 years ago
#5605 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Im kind of surprised that the mind stone on a level 2 Avenger doesn't function like the Deadpool boom where holding the button collects all lit shots but just tapping the button functions like level 1.

It's actually the reverse of that: "Hold BOOM button for BOOM instead of Super-BOOM when Super-BOOM is ready.", but that is a neat feature from the long awaited 1.04/1.05 code update on Deadpool!

#5608 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I know the comprehensive rule sheet exists, but is there a "strategy guide" for how to approach all the gem quests, where placement makes sense, when to stack multiballs, etc?

I generally like to go for the Mind gem and Power gem as my first two gem quests.
Mind gem can help during other quests and Power gem helps Avengers to power up and keep
Powered up.
I try to concentrate on combos during regular play. Black Widow - Captain Marvel being my favorite.

#5610 3 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Hey guys, just getting an avengers pinball set up, and in the key ring plastics and stuff I found a dog plastic, it kind of looks like a westie? I haven't read comic books in ages, and am not much of a fan of the marvel movies. Is this a character from the movies?

AIQ designer Keith Elwin’s girlfriend’s dog is what I’ve heard...

#5614 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So they’re the same? The pictures on the respective sites are different so I wasn’t sure.

They may be different, but the Pinball Life one works great. I have it in AIQ and Deadpool.

#5624 3 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

You hit the nail on the head. I think that's exactly what happened. It's a new game with only 50 plays on it. I know some people turn it off and then it must work more like a Pro with a virtual lock. I'll just keep an eye on it and maybe it will work itself out, or the circumstances never happen again. Thanks!

I'm at ~1500 plays on my premium and luckily haven't had any issues with my subway. (I do very rarely get a ball stopped just before entering the VUK, but a light shake and it always rolls in.)

Make sure the mechanism "fingers" aren't rubbing or hitting the plastic subway. They are different parts and not that difficult to remove from the game or align. You can look down from above into the subway through the cutouts and also the VUK to make sure everything is aligned properly.

Others have had actual subway issues, but this has come up as well and would be worth cheking on.

#5626 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I’ve had my Premium for almost two months and even after reading the rules sheets from two sites and watching videos this game still kicks my ass. I’m just waiting for that one game where everything clicks and I finally figure out the best strategy to use. The other night after about twenty games I literally had to walk away as I felt like I wasn’t progressing at all. Definitely isn’t a pin you can just walk up and casually play, but certainly is a blast.

Once you get the hang of "everything" it gets even better!

I concentrated on certain things, like always doing the same gem quests to figure out what was going on with how to win them and use them and then refer back to the rules and slowly it all comes together!

Took me a bit to figure out the Black Order and Battle Royale muliball modes as well.

#5635 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

My one week old premium does this frequently, and I can see the balls are not together in the subway. Also sometimes does not recognize a drain and then goes ball search after a bit and gives me those two subway portal lock balls to play when it should be moving to the next ball or ending the game. I think there s a software problem in the .99 code...........subway moves balls properly with spacing but the game is losing track of them.

Sounds like a trough switch or subway switch not acting correctly. I don't think it's a code issue as I've never experienced the issue on my machine.

#5636 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

My games are always on 5 balls. (Unless I have parties and set them to 3 balls so that they don't sit stranded in the middle of the game.) I guess I grew up in the 1970s when you paid a dime and then a quarter for 5 balls. Anything less to me is not pinball, but a way to get more money at the arcade.
With 3 balls or 5 balls, to me since everything we all say is subjective, with this game it was the same. I can have a great game going but if the ball gets near the sides, it was a 99% chance of going into the outline.
But the great thing is these posts are not permanent and in 5 minutes I can change them back.
I will probably remove the rubber between the in and out lanes. Before I added the super-sized posts, I had the center rubber off. The ball would roll out of the upper flipper loop perfectly into the left inlane. Now, with the small rubber, it bounces out when it touches the center rubber. Again, a simple tweak to enjoy my game better since I will try the game with it removed again.
I'm also thinking of adjusting the top flipper. If I don't flip, it will go right down the middle with the slightest chance of getting the right flipper to touch the ball if it is flipped at the exact right time. So in multiball, balls from the lock will go down the middle since I am not watching that area usually at that moment.
The great thing is I will never be good enough to be in a tournament so playing 3 or 5 balls will never matter. I will never post my high scores on pinside since I play 5 balls and am not really that great anyway.
I think I have as much enjoyment tweaking the game and modifying them as I do playing them.

AIQ side drains are extremely common. It almost seems like moving the lower outlane post up (Since it is lower than the sling post) would help the most. Maybe the offset post available at Pinball Life, but on the lower post instead of the upper? You may need to adjust the upper outlane post above by the same amount at the same time.

If it's your game, I would agree that however you want to set it up to get the most enjoyment out of it is the way you should set it up. That's why we play - to have enjoyment!

I also agree that I like "tinkering", modding, upgrading, etc. about as much as I enjoy playing and I enjoy playing quite a bit!

#5645 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Looks like a lot of lightshow improvements in the patch, curious how the Captain Marvel hurryup works and how valuable it is. Previously I kind of ignored the Marvel shot except to feed the ball to the right flipper

The Captain Marvel shot (previous code anyway) is one of the more valuable shots in the game... it awards mysteries and also builds towards extra ball, etc., plus it's great to use with Black Widow for combos.

#5652 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Wait, what? Am I missing how Hawkeye works? I've never seen anything other than "amateur". Can someone explain what I'm missing?

I think 0.99 introduced Amateur, Pro and Marksman difficulty and awards. Complete Amateur to get to Pro, etc.

#5668 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What is an offset post? I’m assuming I understand the concept, but didn’t see anything that obviously fit the description on their site. I don’t have my game yet, but my wife is an ultra novice player, so I’m taking notes on what I may need to tweak to keep the game playable for her.

EDIT: This particular post is NOT offset like I thought it was...

I am not using it myself, but the hole is offset so you can close the outlane gap a little more.

https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

#5669 3 years ago

I updated code late last night and only got a game in on it... Loving it so far!

I'm in the middle of working 8 out of 9 days (10 hour days), so hopefully can get some more time in on my day off, Sunday.

#5677 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

just before you keep promoting this product as something it's not.. there's nothing offset about that. that's just a regular ol' clear star post, w a machine screw and washers.. it's simply wider than the original thinner metal post. as a matter of fact, it's so silly that pinball life even jokes in the description how, while you're at it, why not add this to all your games to make them easier??

Thanks for pointing that out... maybe it was a pinside shop that offers the offset post and not pinball life? Pretty sure I saw one somewhere....

#5679 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

So let's take the most fun game I own - Deadpool, and least fun game I own, Avengers: IQ and compare my audits.....
*DeadPool*
Ball played: 7331
Ball saved: 1720 (23%)
Right drains: 1040 (14%)
Center drains: 5616 (77%)
Left drains: 675 (9%)
*Avengers*
Balls played: 1924
Balls saved: 600 (31%)
Right drains: 502 (26%)
Center drains: 957 (50%)
Left drains: 465 (24%)
My games gets played by both me (70%) and my kids (30%) so these numbers represent a good variety of skill levels. Matches up with all anecdotes - Avengers IS an outlane drain monster. Both games have outlanes set at factory settings. Both have the inlane post rubbers removed.
BTW - I've found that turning slingshot power all the way up to 64 is the best no-drain setting. At the lowest setting, they actually seem to aim the ball into the outlane. At 64, they overshoot the outlane area far more often.

It's all personal preference... I LOVE my Deadpool Pro and my AIQ Premium. I can have very short games on both and also 30 to 60+ minute games on both. (I have beaten final Mr. Sinister and final Thanos)

Currently I'm still in the honeymoon phase with AIQ even though I've had it since early November and I probably play AIQ 40 games to 1 vs DP or any of my other machines currently.

#5682 3 years ago

That's a good price. Good luck with the sale!

#5687 3 years ago
Quoted from gaubster:

Newbie question here. Just picked up AIQ: Premium earlier this week and getting ready to move from .99 to 1.0 code. This will be my first code update. Do I need a new SD card, or just a thumb drive to download the .spk files onto? Will this retain my high scores and settings or will I need to start all over? Which option is better: Full Update or Quick Update? Thanks in advance!

The top of the "readme" file will explain some of your questions.

Use a USB thumb drive, put the spk file on there. I generally choose full update and verify. Takes about 10 minutes. Settings and scores should be unaffected.

#5704 3 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Just updated our premium to 1.0 , disc is not lowering upon startup of a new game, stuck open.
Don't really see where to diagnose/test via the menu. Had no problems all day until the update.
Any ideas?

Just open coin door and close again with power on (trips white interlock switch) or power cycle... I've had this happen as well. Only need to do it once.

#5706 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

classic case of installing pro code

Could be this as well!

#5721 3 years ago
Quoted from Rhombus:

Binary! WTF does that mean even? I love playing this game but then it shouts "going binary" and some objectives ensue, but what does that even mean? To me it is stupid as hell to scream "going to a 2^1 numbering system". Seriously, what? Please lie to me if you have to but take this tarnish from my mind.

According to Google:

What does it mean when Captain Marvel goes binary?
Marvel, then taking on the Captain Marvel mantle. During her recovery, she discovered that she could absorb energy into herself and charge her DNA. If she absorbs enough energy she can regain her Binary form for short periods, doubling her power. Powering up this way is often referred to as “going Binary.”

#5723 3 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Loving the new code, such a blast this game.
Can anybody tell me how you lower the upper flipper when you are craddeling left low flipper?
Thanks!

The left flippers are on separate contacts - as you push the flipper button slowly - the lower flipper engages first and then the upper flipper, so you can flip the lower without flipping the upper once you have the "feel" for it. You can also flip the upper flipper while keeping the lower flipper cradled. Not easy to do though.

#5767 3 years ago

Finished my AIQ custom topper! Each gem light is tied into the corresponding gauntlet light.

IMG_0185 (resized).JPGIMG_0185 (resized).JPGIMG_0206 (resized).JPGIMG_0206 (resized).JPG
#5768 3 years ago

Short video showing my AIQ custom topper in attract mode.

#5786 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I emailed Stern about this and they asked for a video of it, apparently they'd not heard of this happening. It happens every few games for me and I haven't been able to come up with a fix. I feel like there needs to be a plastic guard above the two wireforms or something similar.

As mentioned above, a small bend to the wireforms will fix it.

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have any idea what % of these premiums have lock issues? i may be able to get the pro or premium. i want premium, but really don't want a headache of stuck pinballs in the subway.

My Premium has had zero issues and I've had it since November 2020 and have put 1500+ games on it.

#5904 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Help me out pinside - my next pin! I’m thinking Deadpool premium... looked hard and long at both GnR and LZ, but just can’t get excited enough for either...

Deadpool (any model) is a great pairing with AIQ! Not seen: Space Station, Robotron and Capcom Bowling.

IMG_0235 (resized).JPGIMG_0235 (resized).JPG
#5935 3 years ago
Quoted from JROC:

Not sure on that scenario but it sounds like what is happening. It’s a Feb build so it’s the new subway. The fingers look like they’re all the way up when this happens. I ran diagnostic check on the subway and it’s detecting the ball.

Also, double check that the subway optos are plugged in in the correct order in switch test. A few machines have had them in wrong order and that could cause what you are experiencing.

#5940 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Anyone change out their coil stops yet? If so, any better flipper feel?

Yes, at around 400 games. Don’t forget the upper flipper. Original coil stops won’t last much longer. I wasn’t having flipper issues yet, but the “nipples” on the stops were loose and wobbly with the tell tale gold dust below...

#5941 3 years ago

Squeaked out a new high score on AIQ and just missed Trophy Mania... finishing with 23 trophies!

3FC69551-5EB3-4FD9-AEF3-2DF7F76EB3D3 (resized).jpeg3FC69551-5EB3-4FD9-AEF3-2DF7F76EB3D3 (resized).jpeg
#5946 3 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

BAM! Nailed it! 2 of the four were missing. Now they’re all there! Thank you!
Ok, next question, does everyone else’s playfield glass rumble and rattle like you have a super shaker motor in there (and we don’t)?? Is it time for tape on the glass edges? The glass is fairly tight in the channels, doesn’t slide out easily at all as it is.

I put a small (1/2") piece of thin carboard from a 12 pack of beer/soda in each upper corner of the playfield glass, taped in with small piece of packing tape. Sometimes also have to use electrical tape on mount for backglass.

A have a lot of bass and shaker and this pretty much eliminates any rattles.

#5959 3 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Yeah it was welded unfortunately.

What's welded?

It is usually the securing link that breaks, which you should be able to replace with a screw, spacer and locknut as mentioned. That could be a permanent fix or keep you going until the replacement from Stern arrives. Did your's break somewhere else?

Otherwise you can put the subway in passthrough mode and keep playing the game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5966 3 years ago

Stars aligned tonight! 2.6 Billion! I had all 6 gems so I didn't even have to battle Thanos (maybe a little anticlimactic) after winning Battle Royale and was awarded 1 Billion! Only collected 20 trophies. 1.0 code, 3 balls, standard settings.

1E4A9D2D-7352-4319-859C-0F167D1DE0F2 (resized).jpeg1E4A9D2D-7352-4319-859C-0F167D1DE0F2 (resized).jpeg8C5573B1-D8FB-4574-A42C-08F07910D914 (resized).jpeg8C5573B1-D8FB-4574-A42C-08F07910D914 (resized).jpeg
#5968 3 years ago

Record a game. Curious to see how you're driving the score up. Would love to watch and get some pointers.

I actually was recording.

I'll upload the 1.6 Billion game first. My camera died in the middle of the 2.6 Billion game, but I started it back up between balls. I'll combine and upload it as well. Both are just under an hour each.

#5977 3 years ago

Awesome, send a link.
One thing I definitely suck at is understanding ways to score. I actually don't even know the purpose of placing the gems. I imagine my game with the Thanos win could have had a higher score if I had a better command on the rules.

Here's a link to my 1.6 billion game.

I don't always use the same strategy when going for and placing gems, but I have settled into generally trying for the Mind Gem early on as it can help on future Gem quests. Doesn't always work out the way you would like, but that's one of the fun things about this game... no two games will be exactly the same!

BTW... I have a shaker, so you will hear it and maybe see it as well!

Actually got to Battle Thanos twice in this game, lost the first time and won the second time.

I'll post my 2.6 Billion game a little later.

Feedback / Questions welcome.

#5979 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

On mine not the playfield glass, but the backglass rattles a lot!

Put some Electrical tape in the backglass channel or on the edges of the backglass itself and that will stop the rattle. Add more as needed.

#5981 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Here's a link to my 1.6 billion game.
I don't always use the same strategy when going for and placing gems, but I have settled into generally trying for the Mind Gem early on as it can help on future Gem quests. Doesn't always work out the way you would like, but that's one of the fun things about this game... no two games will be exactly the same!
BTW... I have a shaker, so you will hear it and maybe see it as well!
Actually got to Battle Thanos twice in this game, lost the first time and won the second time.
I'll post my 2.6 Billion game a little later.
Feedback / Questions welcome.

Here's the link to my 2.6 Billion game!

Collected all 6 Gems = 1 Billion for Battle Thanos after winning Battle Royale! Computer Frenzy, 20 Trophies...

Just before the 37 minute mark my camera battery died... a few minutes missing as I replaced battery between the next ball.

Still trying to get my camera angle just right.

#5984 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'm trying to decide between a Pro and a Premium, I've watched lots of video of both versions but haven't played a Pro and only 5-10 games on a Premium early on. Maybe actual owners can help sway me one way or the other.
Pro owners: How do you feel about the missing Premium features? The Captain Marvel ramp looks awesome but do you really miss it when playing a Pro? Also, I like the Portal Locks and Gem Quest start at the lifting Disc, are there any downsides to starting Gem Quests at the right ramp?
Premium owners: What are your thoughts on the Premium features? Are you underwhelmed by any of them?

I haven't played a Pro model yet and I'm sure it would be a lot of fun.

I really enjoy my Premium and am glad I went that direction. I haven't had some of the issues others have had with the subway, etc. I did add the "lexan" fix for Captain Marvel ramp and also flipper coil fans for the bottom flippers.

#6025 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

I made a tutorial video for those who want something to help them learn some of the basic rules:

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Not gonna bother me either way, but I don't know if they want the pro and premium score differences to be that high. The number 1 ranked player in the world can't put up those numbers on his pro.

Clearly RayDay is a very high level player so his shot making skills are excellent, but the Pro model seems easier to me in many ways.

Getting the Mystery at Ant Man can be difficult on the Pre/LE. You can't do his upper flipper trick at the beginning of Soul Gem on Pre/LE. You won't backhand from a cradle the Capt Marvel ramp on a Pre/LE, it also appears extra shots are needed on Pre/LE to lock balls in the subway for quest multipliers...

#6028 3 years ago

For sure. I'm talking about the 1.5 bill average Ray is putting on the pro vs the 3-4 bill average Karl is doing on his premium. Seems this is directly related to him murdering super combos with strategic gem placement that cannot be duplicated on a pro.

I must be missing something, but why couldn't the same combos be done on a Pro model?

Captain Marvel is the only physical difference related to combos and the Pro looks easier to accomplish that shot than the Pre/LE, though I haven't played the Pro model yet.

#6032 3 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Thanks. It’s fine side to side so I’ll try changing the mount. Really seems like someone installed the hanger and ring with the cabinet flat instead of at 6.5

I've run into this before and had to relocate one of the screws for the tilt bob ring.

#6038 3 years ago

The pro CM shot doesn't return to a flipper to set up another shot. It's a combo ender.

OK, I wasn't sure. It looked like it did return to right flipper from Ray's video, if not, yeah that could affect combo opportunities.

#6065 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

this is the part that I think should be removed, withtout this part of the rail a ball that comes off the Cpt M too soon will not get hung up here.
[quoted image]

I've never had a problem there - even before I added the Capt. Marvel "Lexan fix" piece. As others have mentioned, you can slightly bend the wireform crossing over the top upward so a ball will pass through if it ever gets up there. I have had some ricochets that put the ball in some weird places or even jumped up onto a wireform from the Sanctum shot, etc.

#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Love this game. So fun in a home environment. This is my first stern so I have one question.
I hear a fan in the back box. When the fan is on it is a surprisingly loud whirring noise. It’s obviously the fan with how it turns off and on during play or between games. Is this normal for sterns and I haven’t noticed in bars before. Or is this something I should look into?

Perfectly normal. Pinmonk sells a "quiet fan" if you want to replace it.

#6167 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Maybe the dim state needs to be more pronounced?

Maybe it's my eyes, but the dim state bothers them. It's super fast flicker instead of just a dim state. Probably limitations of the leds like a ghosting led in a system 11 or something. Or if you don't have a led ocd in a spiderman how the different states of the villain inserts are not discernable.

If the gauntlet gems pulsed more with a gradual fade from off to full bright and off again it could possibly better represent the “not challenged this gem” mode.

#6168 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

While there is a story, this and the voice acting are BY FAR the weakest aspects of AIQ. Hobbit is a major production. The audio and video assets are stellar. If you're a nerd about Hobbit - that game is a dream in terms of encompassing you in the Hobbit world. AIQ feels kinda thin in this regard. If you like Avengers because of the movies, you'll feel let down. I don't mind the comic aspect, but I don't feel drawn into the storyline. I know if I win a mode I get the gem and if I lose Thanos takes it, but I don't feel much adrenalin good or bad based on winning or losing a battle.

I love AIQ! With that said - The one area to me that it is lacking is really the music. There are no modes with upbeat music that revs you up and gets your heart pounding.

Especially in the home environment where you can turn up the volume a bit.

After playing AIQ and then playing Deadpool, the music difference is incredible. Deadpool has very upbeat music that really pulls you in. That’s what AIQ is missing.

#6183 3 years ago

One other issue I'm seeing is that on a full plunge, auto plunge or full BP shot, occasionally, the ball will fall off the wireform that crosses the pf and feeds the right flipper. It seems to drop right before the last turn before it would go to the inlane.

Take a look in the key posts at the top of the page... the fix for this works well!

#6207 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I bought them for my Pro, but for the Premium I was thinking there's just a bit too much of that same Thanos image: each side of the cabinet and then the right inside of the cabinet. If I would have went with a Premium I definitely wouldn't have been as quick to order the Stern ones (but still might have).

I really like the Stern art blades on my premium. My machine is between two others, so I don't really get to see the full sides of the cabinet.

#6232 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I just pulled my walking mech to look at the subway and pretty much came to a similar conclusion. I had a second washer and I ended up placing it in a different location - on the backside of tooth 11. The basic problem is that the tooth 11 needs to be held up by piece 8, but there is too much slop and 8 can push up without taking 11 with it. Adding a washer behind tooth 11 keeps it away from the edge and makes better contact with 8.
I'm still planning on doing something with my subway itself to keep the slot wide enough. There isn't much room at the end so that may be tricky.
Stern really needs to redesign the walking mech. It is clearly a poor design.

It's unfortunate that many Pre/LE owners are having issues with the subway. Luckily I've never had any issues with the subway in my first run Premium I've had since early November and have ~1800 plays on. I have had it all apart a couple times as I added additional RGB lighting.

The mechanism has some adjustability in it, so make sure the fingers aren't catching on the white plastic. Some have also had the subway optos wired out of order which can cause issues.

The worst I've had is a very rare ball stuck in the subway right before the VUK since mine doesn't have the complete slot... a minor shake and the ball rolls into the VUK.

#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any rules nerds in here?
So I have the mind gem on a level 2 avenger.
Start a 3x gem quest, add iron man and Thor. Got all kinds of craziness going on. I hit the lock bar button. I get all lit shots awarded at their multiplied values?

Quoted from EaglePin:

I thought Thor and Iron Man couldn't be run together, but other than that yes I think with Mind Gem on L2 you get all lit shots at current values when you press it.

Yeah, Either Iron Man or Thor, but not both together.

L2 Mind gem acts like the "Super Boom" in Deadpool - awards all lit shots.

#6238 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet. Just making sure if shit is multiplied too I get those multiplied values, not base values.

I believe multiplied values are collected... I have used an L2 Mind Gem in Reality Gem quest... spin the disk to get the 7x multiplier and hit the Boom button!!!

#6247 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

What is the secret to getting these posts oit and then back in? My Socket won't fit around the actual post. Trying trying to put in a set of cliffy protectors. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Deep well socket or wrench.

#6248 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I got about 93M for a button push: L2 Mind Gem, 3x scoring from 2 portal locks, Iron Man MB running with jackpot ready, spin the disc & press the button.

Feels great when you can get it all setup for the L2 Mind gem and actually pull it off!

79A45EC9-19C3-4EC3-B852-2E3F91E69D16 (resized).jpeg79A45EC9-19C3-4EC3-B852-2E3F91E69D16 (resized).jpeg
#6257 3 years ago

1 Billion on AIQ and then 2.4 billion on Deadpool. Fun night on almost back to back games!

IMG_E0382 (resized).JPGIMG_E0382 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
902 posts in this topic match your search for posts by awesome1. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider awesome1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=awesome1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.