IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #816 LE with T-moulding changed to yellow Posted by SKWilson (3 years ago)

Post #1417 Fix for Hawkeye loop not registering Posted by EaglePin (3 years ago)

Post #1797 How to adjust height of spinning disc to prevent airballs Posted by dbb143 (3 years ago)

Post #1847 Rules writeup with link to Stern rule sheet Posted by Flippersaurus (3 years ago)

Post #1870 Fix for spinning disc not registering hits Posted by WizardsCastle (3 years ago)

Post #1950 TECH: Pic of updated subway mech from Stern to replace broken one Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2056 Fix for ball hangups and habitrail adjustment to stop ball hangup. Posted by hocuslocus (3 years ago)

Post #2125 TECH: Tight glass fix. Posted by MurphyPeoples (3 years ago)

Post #2163 Avengers LE with chrome T-molding Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richter1019.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10263 1 year ago

Hey guys, first time poster. Can anyone tell me why I can’t access the mode menu prior to starting a game. I’m fully updated, hold both flippers and nothing pops up…

#10278 1 year ago

Thanks guys, I’m an idiot, I finally found it in the settings… does anyone else have a problem with the auto launcher… my ball keeps ending up stuck under Thanos’ glove (premium)

#10280 1 year ago

It started after I cleaned, waxed, and replaced balls… the metal part after the launch lane is raised and IMO, really doesn’t need to be. Could just have a small ledge

#10288 1 year ago

Thanks Maniac, I’ll check that out! Adrock, that is awesome! Super deep

#10310 1 year ago
Quoted from Mileesa:

Would someone mind explaining exactly when the tower ball magnet grab is supposed to engage? Mine never grabs the ball.
Is it when the ball locks happen or just before multiball starts? Is it supposed to grab the ball at the end of the Soul Quest? I also can't complete the Soul Quest because the ball just goes up and comes back down for that last shot without ending the quest.
I just installed a new set of opto boards Stern sent me and the problem persists.

This might be a really dumb question, but I noticed there is a setting in adjustments to turn off the tower magnet (why would anyone want to do that?) but check to make sure that setting is correct. Only reason I can think of that it’s not working…

1 week later
#10398 1 year ago
Quoted from bdp5:

Just placed my order for a premium. Any consensus on must have mods?

For me, it’s the shaker motor and Stern gem shooter knob. I think they add the most to the game…

#10399 1 year ago
Quoted from tampa12:

check out these mods for Avengers

Awesome mods! I have used this video on YT! Thanks! Only question is, where did you get the Avenger coin door??

#10401 1 year ago

For me it is. $200 dollars is pennies in the world of pinball and there’s only so many things you can add to a machine to make it stand out. My daughter loves it because it changes colors. I think it’s cool.

#10402 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is the gem shooter knob $200 worth of cool (+tax +shipping).

The shaker adds the most to the game. It’s really well done

#10412 1 year ago

I would say yes. It’s pretty cool. Be aware it makes the plunge weaker though so you do usually have to upgrade the inner spring as well.

So, mine was weak after installing. Here’s what I did. Replaced the tip with the original tip, repositioned because it wasn’t hitting the center of the ball. For me, just had to hold it down and to the outside wall when tightening the screws. Works fine. IMO plunger is meant for skill shot anyway. I use lockdown bar for guild plunge, but could use the cool gem plunger if I wanted…

#10413 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Now now. This one is a bit over done but it’s nice to see all the mod possibilities mostly in one place.

I would say yes. It’s pretty cool. Be aware it makes the plunge weaker though so you do usually have to upgrade the inner spring as well.

Sorry, somehow didn’t get this in that previous post…

1 week later
#10457 1 year ago

Thanks, where did you get it? I found a belt buckle that looks like it. Did you convert it to a magnet?

3 weeks later
#10568 1 year ago

Hawkeye challenge inquiry: tonight I selected marksman difficulty and nailed it, awarding time gem, then gauntlet to collect. When placing began I shot either the gauntlet or inner loop, can’t remember, and it awarded me the reality gem… so two in a row! Is that supposed to happen?

#10571 1 year ago

Ahhh, I must’ve completed the Reality Gem before Hawkeye began… The way it looked, I thought My Avenger had been killed off. Thanks for the help! Would be cool though if in Marksman you could keep getting gems that were lost by nailing inner loop directly after collecting a recovered gem…

#10608 1 year ago
Quoted from Steakfist:

One more thing that's been irking me - I've had the machine barely a month and I've changed the upper flipper rubber twice already cause it just seems to get minced up by brick shots to it - and that was before I just rebuilt the flippers. Anyone else had this problem?

Yep, I did too. Just gotta learn to not hit the flipper up there. Plus I found you can just rotate the rubber to not replace…

#10610 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Be careful with the position of where you rotate any notches to though. I started snagging a notch on balls riding the inside of the hulk shot and it turned into a non-savable SDtM.

Well that’s no good! I put mine at the top, don’t even know it’s there

#10669 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Alright gang, I need some help from the vets this time. I am getting ready to do my first cleaning at almost 500 games with some ball trails starting to form in the inlanes. I have probably watched about 3 1/2 hours worth of videos as well as reading a good deal of stuff from VID's cleaning and waxing thread but I still haven't been able to find anything for our specific game. Do any of you have any specific advice for cleaning the subway? I have found some things about cleaning plastic subways but before I dig in I was going to see if I could get some help from those of you who may have already done it. If this has already been handled in this thread I apologize, please just point me to those post.

Not really a vet here but my research says best way to clean is to vacuum and then use Naptha. That’s it. Then wax. I would assume same for subway. It’s easy to take apart if you want. Otherwise it has a really thick clearcoat

#10670 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I personally haven't connected with GZ other than its dry humor, but I've only owned it for a few weeks. But it took me a year to connect with AIQ, but once I got AIQ I really enjoyed AIQ. It took me awhile to get over the just flat out horrible callouts at times, and overally general lack of assets. But once you know the rules/coding you understand its overall brilliance and balance. AIQ is a top 10 pin without a doubt.

I’m gonna second that! This is my first pin(always wanted one) and will probably be my last! It’s that good! The ramps suck you in and the code keeps you coming back for more! No trades for me. Instant classic IMO

#10704 1 year ago

Speaking of Mezel mods, just thought I’d pass along that this is now available again. I’d been waiting for two months. Ordered it and received it last week. Can’t wait to install…

30231D08-7C39-4F5B-9CD8-630CD6DDB2D4 (resized).png30231D08-7C39-4F5B-9CD8-630CD6DDB2D4 (resized).png
#10722 1 year ago

Anybody with a shaker motor notice the effect is lesser/weakened in v.5 versus v.4 ??? Or is it just me?

#10740 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Question about the official Stern shooter rod for this game.
Is it possible to make it stay one solid color? Or does it just randomly cycle through the colors?
Reason I ask is because I was thinking about getting one for my GZ because I like the glowing look of the blue color and it looks to be the same dimension as my JUP amber shooter rod, which I love the feel of, however if it's just randomly changing colors, I don't know if I would be that interested in it.
Thanks.

So you have to plug it into the board in AIQ, have no idea if you can plug it in the GZ board or what it would do…

#10757 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Joined the club! Adding a few mods, including new Titan Rings — those stock Stern rings were making the playfield dirty way too fast. Digging the look of the blue.
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! I tried red rubbers and they were just too bouncy! Looked cool though. Had to go back to black. Too hard to cradle without and is a must in this game IMO

#10764 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I've got years of experience on Titan rings so I'm comfortable with how they play. I actually find it easier to trap up because they tend to be a bit grippier than standard rubber, and I like the extra bounce around the other areas of the game that make it a bit more challenging since the shots are pretty safe and flowy on this game.

Cool, I haven’t tried Titans yet but find it interesting how the difference in colors can affect game play…

1 week later
#10791 1 year ago

Anyone here have any advice for installing Spiders code using a Mac…

#10800 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Boot Camp. Parallels will do it but it takes a LONG time.

Does it run smoothly using BC? I really didn’t want to use parallels…

#10801 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Oh my goodness. You guys aren't going to believe this one. I'm not sure I do either.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Blew away my previous high by more than 5 billion. The differences were in the Space Gem quest plus its Soul Gem Jackpot (about 1.5 billion difference total), Trophy Mania (another 1.5), bonus (1 billion total - had 390M on one incredibly long ball, plus got Collect Bonus from the grid when it was at 350M, plus had the multiplier held for another 200M next ball), and the rest from assorted Binary hurryups and combos and such.
The Space Gem quest went so huge like this - it comes from the Reality Gem on level-2 Hulk, since all the quest's scoring is concentrated on this one shot. The third attack shot scores 3M base x3 for portal locks x4 for a parry combo on the upper loop x4 for Reality Gem, which comes to 144M. The first two attack shots scored a few tens of millions as well, to a total of around 240M. Then the final blow on Panther collects 60% of the quest value so far x2 for level 2 = 288M, for a quest total of 538M. And I got the Soul Gem Jackpot for 250% of that, on Captain Marvel at 5x, of course.
And I got in the biggest groove I've ever seen on Trophy Mania. Three different times I railed off 8 to 10 consecutive gauntlet ramp shots to get the add-a-ball each time (this is what to do in Trophy Mania, catch everything you can on the right flipper and loop the Gauntlet ramp with one ball.) I got a lot of disc spins early on to raise the value as well. I got the super jackpot three times, going up to about 250m for the last. Also had Reality Gem on level-2 Black Widow which added quite a bit for that shot along the way as well.
This was all still on 1.03 code, so not the higher Thor and Gamma scoring. (Too bad - with those in place I probably would have made 12 billion.)

How the heck are you doing this? I can’t get over 300k… AMAZING!

#10804 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

I'll get around to a long strategy post eventually, but here's the quick hits:
Portal locks, portal locks, portal locks. The game opens up so much when you always have both portal locks to start a gem quest. Of course it makes the quest a multiball and multiplies the scoring - but the other part is that a portal lock multiball is the only time you can make progress towards Thor and Iron Man multiballs *during another multiball*.
The portal locks are lit by the secret skill shot (try on every ball, I can hit it about 1/3 of the time) and shooting combos. On my machine, I'm really dialed in to keep looping Widow - Gauntlet - Hawkeye - Widow and repeat. That sequence does not have the limiter that is imposed on the Panther-Widow and Capt Marvel-Widow combos. I'm perfectly willing and able to do that for 20 or 30 combos if necessary before starting each gem quest. The Hawkeye Combo shots make significant progress towards grid awards as well.
Extra balls. There is a tipping point where you start collecting extra balls and then that snowballs into many of them. There are quite a number that are at approximately equal distances from the start button (3 target sets, 3rd grid line, 12 Marvel ramps, 12 trophies, 50 combos, 2nd Hawkeye challenge). Once I start collecting one or two, it keeps going into most or all of them.
Gem strategy. The big point is Power Gem first and put it on Panther. He's always the hardest to level up, his shot gets the least amount of random progress during multiballs. I found myself getting to Black Order MB and Battle Royale far far more consistently once I started doing that. The other effect of the Power Gem is holding that avenger's level-1 ability active all the time, and Panther's is the most important for that too - longer combo timer, which is very significant for the portal locks. There are a *lot* of times that I miss a flow shot, but get control again and can shoot Widow or Gauntlet or Capt Marvel during those extra three seconds to keep the combo streak going.
Physical setup of the game. I admittedly have the tilt bob very loose, and it's on a hardwood floor so I can easily make slide saves. I adjusted the flipper alignment upwards by a couple of millimeters, which makes a significant difference for making flow shots onto Widow and Gauntlet. And my autoplunger almost always fails to make it all the way around but lands in the bumpers instead - this is an advantage, for easily powering up Captain America, and when I do want a plunge to go all the way around I quickly grab the manual plunger to launch it.

So couple questions, pro or premium, 3-ball or 5-ball, by Hawkeye you mean the upper loop or his target? And how you go from that back to Widow? Already working portal locks,about 1 out of 3 as well on skill shot, but accidentally end up starting gem quests before getting both… have also figured that Power gem should be first. Great idea to put on Panther! For me that’s a tough shot and usually gets placed elsewhere first. My machine is on thick carpet unfortunately so big disadvantage, auto plunging to Captain America is brilliant and adjusting the flippers is next level…

#10809 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

That's basically my beginning game strategy most of the time as well. Get Mind gem on L1 or L2 Avenger and use it for Hard Soul gem.

I must need to change my settings, currently on easy everything, because I have a hard time getting Lvl 1 Avengers before Soul gem quest starts…

#10811 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I always go mind gem first. Get those free button completions which help greatly on soul gem with a level 1 or 2 avenger it's on (usually black widow early on). Lately soul gem is the second thing I have to do after getting it. I try to take at least 1 portal lock and a multiball and if I have a good one I collect all avengers before the quest/victory laps is over. Then going into soul gem I choose hard and use the button presses on black panther, thor, and the computer. Usually finish that with 200-250 mil.

That’s a good plan but only really works with Lvl 1 or 2. With only collected is one press gor Soul gem, that’s why I like Power first, what difficulty settings do you go with?

#10812 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Mine is a premium. 3 ball. No mods on the outlanes or disc or anything else besides adjusting the flipper alignment and a stronger manual plunger spring. I didn't set up the autoplunger to the bumpers on purpose, it just happens since my ball launch is inconsistent and usually rattles around a lot going up the orbit.
By Hawkeye I mean the upper loop, which feeds the right flipper, from where you can shoot Widow. The Widow - Gauntlet - Hawkeye - Widow combo sequence is the same on either model, although on the Pro you can't do it once a gem quest is lit, since the gauntlet ramp starts the quest.
I do miss getting the Power Gem on Panther about half the time, either a weak shot falls into the bumpers or an uncontrolled ball hits the drop targets. If that happens I hit Change Gems as soon as I can to fix it (although if it's on the drops, do clear them a few times to use up the power gem uses there.)

Thanks for all the tips! Now I just need to play better… Where do you place Reality gem, I go with drops for easy grid completion…

#10823 1 year ago
Quoted from adrock:

Huh. Interesting because I did the subway fix and it doesn’t do that any other time with multi locks. It launches both deliberately one after the other. Is there a setting?

Before I did the washer fix, I had a Soul gem multiball too, it was horrible. I put in two washer, one on each of the last two

2 weeks later
#10912 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So I haven't been active in this thread as our avengers games have largely been w/o major issue... until this week I found our sanctum tower leaning like the Tower of Pisa.
Turns out the vertical is attached to the pop-bumper plastic and that's it. On top of that, the plastic is really exposed to direct hits above and behind the sanctum target.
Looking at other people's photos here, I see the entire area in front of the tower is smashed off ours. Ours
[quoted image]
Others...
[quoted image]
So all that plastic in front of the vertical has smashed off.. and it eventually broke where the metal bracket attaches to the pop bumper plastic
Seems like a pretty weak design having that big sail supported only by this one pop-bumper plastic in a narrow area. Ours broke here..
[quoted image]
Has anyone improved this design at all?
Seem inevitable to be smashed as the mount is really exposed to direct shots around the sanctum standup target. At least the right mount is behind a post, but the left is exposed.
I made a piece of lexan to use under the plastic to support the broken plastic.. but am worried that this will be a recurring theme. Has anyone improved upon this or at least repo'd that vunerable plastic?

Hi there, just thought I might recommend this replacement. Far better quality… love mine

EAF69419-458C-4B63-9EB4-B7B2E485BA32 (resized).pngEAF69419-458C-4B63-9EB4-B7B2E485BA32 (resized).png
#10913 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

If you're just trying to reach Thanos, the drop targets are a good choice, yes. For me, the drop targets don't need the Reality (or Power) Gem. I'm going for high scores beyond just Thanos, and I get enough activity on the drops from all the portal lock multiballs, to pretty consistently get to Computer Frenzy by the time I'm done with all the gem quests and approaching Trophy Mania.
I aim to get Reality Gem twice in a game. I get it second (after Power Gem) in order to intentionally lose it in Thanos Attacks, because it's the easiest gem quest to do twice, and it's easier to just play and win the quest again (with a portal lock multiball) than to win Thanos Attacks itself.
If I get it before Black Order MB, I put it on Captain America, specifically to multiply the super jackpots in that.
After Black Order MB, I put it on Hulk, specifically to multiply all the scoring in the Space Gem quest.
Later I will sometimes move it to Captain Marvel to get 10x shots there, for any of Battle Royale or Super Victory Laps or Trophy Mania. Also during these I will often use up the Mind Gem wherever it is for whatever it can get, and then use the Space Gem to refresh Mind on a new location, and while doing this also look to move Reality onto Black Widow when she's at a high level and I'm hitting that shot frequently in one of the wizard multiballs.

my machine is stock settings and I have a premium. I like to start the game by dialing in the black widow -> capt Marvel ramp which usually gets me the first portal lock and also close to the level 1 black widow. It's the easiest shot in the game so focus on that and get it close to level 1 then start the mind gem mode. By the time you complete the mode black widow will be at or close to level 1 and place the gem on her. I will note that I have the movie code so I have to have the avenger the mind gem is on at level 1 for the strategy to work. The latest code treats a level 2 as 1 for soul gem and that is a nice change IMO.

Finally started to get this game to open up a little bit, using the Widow-Gauntlet-Hawkeye combos and Widow-Marvel-Iron Man combos but had to go to 5-ball to do it. The exit lanes and SDTM’s on this thing are absolutely brutal! Was looking for some BOMB strategies as there isn’t really much out there for breakdowns…

#10926 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

They help very slightly. Sometimes I dont even notice a difference. Maybe 1-in-10 saves the ball from the outlane? I did soo many fine adjustments where the game finally felt fair. Some side-to-side leveling, pitch, and slingshot power settings (along with the star post) made the game feel more approachable. My wife is a masochist though, I offered other ways to help her not drain as much, but she wanted it remain painfully brutal.

I agree 100% as I already have them and notice little difference. The angle of the middle pin is just geared towards sucking it in the outlane… so many 5mil or less drains are just unnecessary… glad I’m not sticking in coins!
The game almost wants you to like the punishment. Maybe your wife got under its mind control…

#10928 1 year ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

No shame in upping to 5-ball. Do whatever you want to make the game fun. I usually go 5-ball until I start to get a feel for the risk vs reward for shots and common patterns when you miss shots. I'd also recommend the larger out lane posts and really dialing in your flipper power to prevent air balls and rejects.

Thanks for the support, not really sure what you mean when you say “dialing it in”, I need to have the flippers at full power. The Widow, Gauntlet, and Marvel ramps still reject SDTM 50% of the time if it’s not fairly freshly waxed.

#10930 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Do you mean to reach Black Order MB or what to do within it?
BOMB is kinda the least important thing to do strategy wise. It's only points, it doesn't make any other progression; you can't progress the grid or avengers or combos or super modes or anything. You can win the Soul Gem if you didn't have it, but that doesn't require much strategy, just light and get the jackpot then the super. Actually the one thing you can progress is the Capt Marvel ramp count-up, and I often do hit that 5 times or so during the mode.
Really the biggest strategy for BOMB points is to have the Reality Gem on Captain America ahead of time, since the super jackpot is always there. Besides that, it's all about ball control, catch everything you can on the right flipper and make all the shots from the left (everything except Hulk.) Do aim for Capt Marvel each time you qualify an avenger, since that shot increases the jackpot multiplier, but doesn't stack if you qualify more than one avenger.
I generally risk the Soul Gem for the multiball restart only once I've already collected the jackpot so I'm close to the super, or else if I drain the last ball during the 15-second grace timer. Of course if you've already collected one super, then the Soul Gem is risk-free.
Regarding Widow-Marvel-Iron Man combos: This is very effective with Black Panther's level-1 ability (ideally held there by the Power Gem), since after the tower drops the ball, it happens very often that you can get control on the left flipper fast enough to shoot the gauntlet ramp while the combo is still lit there.

Yes, I was looking for what to do within, there’s not really a breakdown of what goes on. I always seem to end my game here and IMO would be easier if it wasn’t a MB. Does it always start out with the orbits and Widow? What kind of thresholds need to be met?

#10934 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

What do you mean by ending your game here? It's a multiball, and when it ends you just transition back to normal play, it doesn't do anything to end your game. BOMB isn't something you win or lose like a gem quest or the Thanos modes, it just scores points.
The thresholds to qualify the jackpot from each Avenger are displayed directly on the screen. You can do any of them in any order. Each completed Avenger increases the jackpot multiplier, and lights the Captain Marvel ramp/lane to increase it again. Once you light at least one jackpot, you collect it at the Hawkeye loop. After that, spin the disc to spell Strange to light the super jackpot. Collect that at the Captain America lane to add a ball and recover the Soul Gem if you didn't have it.

Ok, thanks! By the time I reach BOMB, it’s usually my last ball. I have this weird phenomenon where a lot of the time my MB’s all drain at the same time or can’t get control of the last one. Even if I do, the task of recollecting ALL Avengers starting from scratch on my last ball doesn’t happen to get to Thanos. Hope that clears it up…

#10935 1 year ago

Oh, and due to BOMB being a MB, I don’t get a chance to study the screen for shot thresholds…

1 week later
#10965 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

AIQ has good use of the shaker and the Pinball Life shaker works well.

I’ll second that! Got mine from GameRoomGoodies

#10971 1 year ago
Quoted from Savageroots:

So went to play a few games tonight, turn on machine logged into my insider name plunged my first ball and as I hit the ball with my left upper flipper the whole table went dead. Turn power off, gave it a few moments, then turned it back on. I was able to start and play multiple games after that with no issue.
Has anyone experienced this? I am running still on game code 1.05

You need to update to 1.06. 1.05 was notorious for crashing. Did it to me a bunch of times. They put a fix in for it in 1.06 and hasn’t happened to me since. I’d at least start with that…

#10975 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I have an early run premium with no IC hardware (ie no qr reader)….if it resets again I will update to 1.06 and report back.

My premium does not have IC. I updated to 1.06 mainly to fix the crashing… highly recommended

#10994 1 year ago
Quoted from killerrobots:

MaxAMillion might have one. I just bought his Premium and he was also selling the topper.

I have already contacted him and am taking it (shortly before these posts)

#11006 1 year ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

Just joined the club!! Been in pinball for five years. This is our first Stern and first LCD game
[quoted image]

Welcome aboard! You’re gonna LOVE this GAME! So deep, so FUN!!

1 week later
#11061 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:Any mods that you would recommend that help gameplay on the Pro version? Enjoying the game after 2 days of gameplay.

The shaker motor is the best mod for pro or prem IMO. It is very well done, adds a lot to gameplay and gives definition to the different gem quests, multi balls, Battles… would also recommend waxing regularly, this game seems to need it to keep the ball flowing well

#11066 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

After over a year of having this machine (and loving it sooo much), I finally purchased the Captain Marvel ramp fix.
Curious though, for those who have previously purchased it, do you find that it makes much of a difference. Anyone who installed it, then later removed it for any reason?

I don’t have it and have just come to accept it as part of the game. To me, SDTM’s are worse. I’ve also come to accept the auto launch rattling as part of the game too. Only happens once in a while…

2 weeks later
#11106 1 year ago

What’s the deal with these flippers? What’s the difference? Is it worth it??

#11115 1 year ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Does Spider check his pm's frequently? I really want to explore this movie code for the Pro while I have a few days off. Like a kid waiting for Santa.

hey man, just a heads up here, this code is based off 1.03. I had already upgraded beyond that so it wouldn’t work for me. Hopefully he finds a way to upgrade the best newer code…

Oh, and you’ll need an SD card writer

2 weeks later
#11191 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've been able to do it a few times myself, but not from a cradle or from a ball rolling down the flipper... essentially a ball coming towards the right flipper from the right and you get a solid backhand shot on it at just the right angle. More luck than anything I would say.

I don’t have precision flippers, but I do backhand the Thor shot during Soul Gem. You just cradle, release for a second, and then jam it. So, it is possible, but would def need fresh wax

#11202 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Thor is an obvious backhand. We're talking about backhanding the Capt. Marvel ramp with the precision flipper kit installed.

IMO if you need to install modded flippers to backhand the Marvel ramp (premium) is basically cheating. That’s why I don’t have IC and never will. Not even playing fields.

#11204 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Everything you do to a game makes it different, I just dont get the "that's cheating" argument. It's my game in my home I want to play it how it feels best to me. Everyone else on that plays on the game plays with the same flippers so all scores are even there. If I play on location I play with those flippers. If it makes the game more fun for me at home then I'm all for it.
Pinstadiums make the game brighter so you can see the ball.
HD glass makes things more visible.
Titan rubbers change the bounces.
People have games at higher or lower playfield angles.
Outlanes posts in different places.

NP man, it’s yours, have fun. I’m just saying some things may cross the line IMO. You’re telling me IC can tell if someone has the glass off and is saving the ball from drainage… that’s what I’m talking about

1 week later
#11259 1 year ago

All I want for Christmas is an update with some Adam Warlock content (he is on the playfield after all) , maybe incorporate into the gem mania mode? Any other ideas??

#11261 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

IP licensing Krampus says no

To me, if they’re going to continue to produce the game with Adam on it, there should be no reason they couldn’t include some content of some sort…

#11269 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

I’ve said this before here, and it’s just an opinion, but I think we are supposed to be Adam Warlock leading our team against Thanos and the Black Order, it fits the comic book storyline. Thankfully there are no JJP-style player selfies counting as Adam Warlock content...

That’s a cool concept! Sorry I must have missed it before. That really does make sense because the callouts indicate the player is an actual Avenger being treated like just one of the Team. Either way, it would still be nice to get at least one animation featuring him. I guess I’ll go with your theory though because it probably won’t ever happen….

#11273 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:New premium owner here and have read most of this forum. I was interested in trying the mirror mod for the stepper subway. Looked underneath and boy does it look like a pain to pull out. Is there a trick to removing it or is it as involved as it seems. Looks like a bunch of connectors need to be disconnected and lots of screws removed to pull the mech, solenoid and trough out.

Just thought I’d share my experience with this. When I got this machine, the first mod I knew I really wanted to do was mirror mod. Super nervous about it. Turns out it was not bad at all! I was able to remove screws and leave it suspended while just removing the white inner section to work on. Didn’t want to lose the sticker so was able to trim it and reposition in the bottom so the reflection is exactly where the sticker originally was. Also didn’t put mirror around the turn because is unneeded as only holds 2 balls. Lastly, used the remaining mirror pieces to cover Thanos by Pym building to create a mirror blade effect as it always annoyed me that he was split and is already plastered all over the Premium. In the end, super happy with the results!
072AACA9-33AF-474F-BEE8-877FF12B505C (resized).jpeg072AACA9-33AF-474F-BEE8-877FF12B505C (resized).jpeg
59857B61-6ADF-4942-96E2-CE0089ACBAFA (resized).jpeg59857B61-6ADF-4942-96E2-CE0089ACBAFA (resized).jpegE7505320-6633-49AE-A4BC-A2698CA0A7C3 (resized).jpegE7505320-6633-49AE-A4BC-A2698CA0A7C3 (resized).jpegDDC91F88-EFE9-49BF-89CF-23B255D11E58 (resized).jpegDDC91F88-EFE9-49BF-89CF-23B255D11E58 (resized).jpeg75330E37-EDBC-455E-980D-BD26E58621C8 (resized).jpeg75330E37-EDBC-455E-980D-BD26E58621C8 (resized).jpeg

#11304 1 year ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

I am so excited I can’t wait any longer posting “new game day” is hopefully coming soon! I have thoroughly prepared the game room, the armor kit has already arrived and shooter assembly is currently somewhere up in the air between Memphis and Europe. I hope for the pin including topper, art blades and shaker to arrive at weekend (I HAD to go “all in” regarding accessories, still haven’t heard anything about the cliffy protectors). Now my fingers are crossed, can hardly wait any longer joining the fight against Thanos!...
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! This really is a top tier machine! I take it by “all in” that you got a premium? The mods will make it even better! I ended up going “all in” with playfield mods also. Definitely love this game! Enjoy!

1 week later
#11344 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I did just clean the game, maybe it's just moving too fast now it's clean and bouncing higher?
Can everyone hit the bullseye target by just holding the upper flipper up when the ball is dropped from the magnet?

I’m guessing the cleaning is why. This game is very reactive to cleaning, waxing, ball cleanliness…

1 week later
#11356 1 year ago

If you’re planning on keeping it for a while, go premium. If not, go pro. It’s challenging and is great for long term home use. To me, the widow-marvel-iron man combo is one of the most satisfying combos ever. Then you can finish it off with the Hawkeye inner loop. Can’t do that on a pro. Also, the rising disk is easier for beginners to get. Shoot it in to start a quest or lock a ball…

#11362 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yes you can. The Marvel spinner on the Pro lights all the followup combos on the left side the same way as the ramp on the premium. You just have to get control coming out of the right orbit to make the next shot into the tower.

My bad, sure you can still register it. Catching and cradling there is nothing like rocketing through that marvel ramp first though. Funnest to do when you go binary. Lock an iron man ball, then Hawkeye challenge. The Premium is I would say more challenging because of the Marvel ramp too.

Added 15 months ago:

Anyway, recently played a pro on location and couldn’t believe how much I missed the extras that the premium has.

#11363 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

That’d be nice. I’m a big fan of Widow - right ramp - upper loop - Hulk. Very satisfying.

Agreed! That one is awesome too! This is such a great game!

#11383 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thanks for all the input and advice guys
I can get a NiB premium AIQ for 8400 or I can get a NiB Star Wars premium for 8990
Trying not to rush into it and taking my time in choosing the games if anyone has any more advice and Input I’m all ears even a comparison if can be made between the two

Agree with the Count, the playfield in AIQ, is superior comparatively straight up

#11388 1 year ago

Just curious what everyone’s best
Soul Gem champion/flipmaster scores are.
Seems to be an all things equal type comparison.
Is there a max score?

3FA85956-9A75-4565-8582-8EF6ACFC55EF (resized).jpeg3FA85956-9A75-4565-8582-8EF6ACFC55EF (resized).jpegDB50B3F8-A444-4173-BA2F-3A815231AF1E (resized).jpegDB50B3F8-A444-4173-BA2F-3A815231AF1E (resized).jpeg
#11396 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I’m impressed, I’ve had this game for years and haven’t even gotten more than two gems. Almost finished my first soul gem the other night but bombed out on the last shot. Blows my mind how good people are at this, I find it to be a very difficult game - a lot of outlane drains and STDM danger shots (like weak black widow ramp shots and sanctum target backfires)

Quoted from BrokenChair:

So you think the game is that hard ? Hmmm I was going to pull the trigger on a pre but worried about difficulty

I’m a fairly average player and have had mine for 8 months. It is a little challenging which is fun and didn’t open up for me until I did 3 things:
1. Keeping it waxed regularly. The ball needs to fly around otherwise it’s stuck in the lower half and will drain
2. Go to 5 ball. Helps with the brutal exit lanes and SDTM’s. Trust me on this.
3. Use the Battle Royal Challenge to warmup prior to starting a game. Especially good practice for hitting shots and Soul Gem

After that, super fun, be prepared for 30 minute games…

#11408 1 year ago
Quoted from boogies:

My favorite part of the (premium) game is the combos! I just made a 6 way unique combo at the beginning of a 40 min game that lead to Battle Royale for the first time (first 6 way combo and first battle Royale). It's too bad I didn't start the combo with Capt Marvel to get a 7 way combo... I guess that's my next goal
Smooth 6 way Combo
Battle Royale Reached

You nailed it! Nice work! The combos really are amazing! I don’t think any other game combos like this does! Especially the premium

#11411 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Here's 76 Flips remaining with using No Mind gems... always good to have a little luck, but also making multiple shots!

That’s awesome! Always nice when the Hawkeye loop actually goes around to the flipper. Mine usually gets caught in the pop bumpers… it’s also tough to get the direct Thor coming off the Hulk. Well done! My scores were with Mind gem on Hard, using on Panther, Thor & drops consecutively.

#11417 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

One of my favorite SG achievements is grazing the Thor shot on the right side (but hard enough to make it) and then having the ball make the flank attack for the drops. Twofer one!

I’d have to see this. The Soul Gem mode really doesn’t get enough credit. It’s a really unique and challenging mode. Pat on the back to the designers!

#11422 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Here's a challenge for you. Soul Gem in 2 flips!

Finally got around to watching this. I was literally laughing out loud at the insanity of watching a 2 flip Soul Gem, although he did get a good bounce coming off the pops. Thanks for the vid! Apparently 84 flips is max. It’s stuff like this that makes this game so great. You don’t have to be going for high scores or Thanos necessarily, just wrecking the high scores for modes or doing some insane challenges like this is so fun!

#11432 1 year ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Who here has Insider Connected on their home AIQ? Would you recommend it? I mostly play on my home machines and don't play a lot on location. I love the idea of getting access to the Gem Mania mode without the Topper, but not sure what else it really adds. Any insight would be appreciated. For context, I'm between getting PinStadiums on it or IC.

As far as I know, the Gem Mania replaces the 10 million in the grid, which is probably better to have anyway. PinStadiums would be cool, I would recommend the shaker first if you don’t have it.

#11455 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Ok thanks it’s Le code though so I’m afraid but what’s worse that can happen lol
That black widow ramp is so hard for me to hit is it normal to miss it a lot ? It creeps up almost to the top then falls bakc down or makes it 75% there
Do my flipper powers need some tweaking is that shot supposed to be a cake walk?
Thanks guys loving my new game

LE is the same code and will work. For the Widow shot, it’s either the leveling (to steep) or needs to be waxed. Where’s your bubble sitting at?

#11459 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Machine is level and bubble looks great right in the middle…
When measuring pitch I have a digital level where do you measure ?
Middle of playfield ? Upper? Lower by flippers?
For pitch I seem to get different readings depending where I measure…
Is that black widow shot supposed to be made able by either flipper ? Maybe it’s function is fine and I just expected it to be an easier shot
Thanks for the help

No problem, you can go middle of playfield or flippers, check both. The Widow isn’t a difficult shot when you get used to the game. Be aware though, waxing is super important for this game because the ball flies around much better and flies through the ramps much better. I usually wax when it starts to feel like the ball is not going up the ramps

#11493 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m super confused now I took out my digital level and in the middle of playfield it says 6.5 but when I move it down in between flippers it’s 5.8 lol is this normal ?
I’m a total newbie so I’d anyone can help I’d appreciate it I attached pics
I assume center of playfield is where I should be ?
Did more play testing I can hit the black widow ramp but it’s very hard to pull off with either flipper …
I also just realized by default flipper power is already maxed
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would figure it’s in between there at 6.2. Anyway it could be unlevel left to right. For me the Widow is difficult shot from the left flipper. Won’t even really try it although have hit it. If I’m on the left I’ll go for the Gauntlet or anything else. For wax I use Carnuba

2 weeks later
#11564 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

What are you guys using for a keychain for the coindoor for AIQ? Anyone have any links to buy?

I went with this from Tilt graphics. Got 1 for each set and the matching speaker logos.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/avengers-inspired-custom-keychain

#11583 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Yes they are awesome. Plus I hate spotlights in general they just block shots or artwork. I remove them & use pinstadium. Plus the artwork on this game is fantastic & looks great lit up.

I agree, the artwork in this game is top notch! Would you be able to post a video or pics of the Pinstadium in AIQ at different settings. Curious how it looks with just a touch of Pinstadium… am on the fence about getting it

1 week later
#11616 1 year ago

Would anyone be able to give some insight and share pics of the Titan rubbers and rings in GITD and Translucent on an AIQ? Also, do they play similarly to the original?

1 week later
#11678 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Update:
Received an official 1.06 SD card from Stern and still get the same “game validation error” message.
Going to leave the pin on overnight and hopefully this fixes all the issues by letting the pin do its checks.
Have tried a multitude of different branded SD cards but I still cannot use the IC features because of this error.
I also formatted the little micro sd card that comes with the IC kits and no dice.

So I’m not an expert, but I’m pretty sure Spider warns against using the modded code with IC. Potential problems arise with being connected and Stern recognizing the use of modded code and possibly disabling use. Just my two cents…

#11679 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My game is like 4 inches higher than the Godzilla next to it …
Thanks for the quick replies guys and aid you are greatly appreciated;
I know it’s taking me forever to dial this pin in…
I just dream of playing it as intended.

As has been alluded to, set it up the same as the Godzilla (if that one plays fine) and make sure it’s waxed and the balls aren’t overused.
I know you said you use a spray, but wax really does give it a “ buttery” feel.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide/page/4#post-2661845

#11693 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yes. Pro code is done. Just message for the download link. It’s free and makes the game so much more fun in my opinion. Which is why I made it….I was bored with the music and stock animations.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-custom-comic-code-106#post-7455810

Great work! I wish I could make my own too. The Iron Man ball locks are so much better, the stock ones are horrible! Any chance you’ll be doing the LE/Prem?

#11701 1 year ago

Anyone have any luck finding plastic number 18 for a premium, the one that goes over top of the bottom pop bumper and has the protrusion that covers the sanctum target? Mine broke when a ball flew up after hitting the target and I can't find a plastic set in stock anywhere. Not that I need any of the plastics than that one.

I’m in the same boat! Can we get them from Stern?

#11703 1 year ago

I'm going to reach out today and see what they say. It's really a badly designed plastic with 3 tiny connection points to the main pop bumper plastic and it's right in the line of fire from the pinballs. Only a matter of time before it will break. Looks like the plastic is similar on the pro and premium but have different part numbers
[quoted image][quoted image]

For sure! Couldn’t agree more. I would get a few because of high probability of needing it again. Could you please let me know what you find out…

#11705 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

That's why I switched over to the sanctum mod. It covers and protects that small tab from airballs to the sanctum target.</blockquote

That's why I switched over to the sanctum mod. It covers and protects that small tab from airballs to the sanctum target.

Yes, I inherited the upgraded version from Mezel mods… either way it’s a poor design, easy to get bumped when cleaning or waxing too…

1 week later
#11760 1 year ago
Quoted from phylaxis:

Thanks. That is odd, but good to know. I now want to give it a purpose though

Works good for attaching the Captain America shield mod… I think from Mezel mods…

#11761 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Forgot to post in this group the other day... anyone on the fence about trying the PoMC custom AIQ comic code, I tried it and really like it!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-custom-comic-code-106#post-7480050
[quoted image]

I will agree, the code is very good! I needed to write it from Pinball Browser for it to work…

#11766 1 year ago
Quoted from thefiend5:

Richter1019 I am actually getting ready to try it out, I pulled the memory card out. Do I just keep the one that I pulled out the way it is and use a seperate memory card? Or can I just overwrite the one I pulled out from the machine?
Also if I do need a second memory card the one I have is a ADATA MLC SDHC #1 I 8 GB
Do I need to get a exact same one? Or can I juse any 8 gb card?

You don’t want to overwrite the original. You can swap them out, nice to have options. You just need a class 10 card with 16 GB is what I have…

#11770 1 year ago
Quoted from thefiend5:

Just updated using the PoMC, freaking game changer. So freaking good

Glad to hear it! PoMC and Spiders are really cool! Enjoy switching between them. I should really leave a tip. What is acceptable here??

#11781 1 year ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

My problem is there is nearly not even close enough power to get off the ramps; 90% of the time it goes up half way or 3/4 way and SDTM rejects ;
I’ve tried so many fixes something is definitely up especially after watch dead flip and other online players hit that shot with ridiculous ease if that happened on my game I’ll be the happiest person on earth ;

Every time I get this issue, I wax, then it’s gone. When I adjusted flipper angles, all I could hit was Widow and Gauntlet. Have you waxed, and can we get a pic of the flipper angle’s please…

1 week later
#11809 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

The sanctum is definitely more difficult to hit - I tend to try to get a weird bounce off a shallow upper flipper shot more than anything. It also generally means the first Hawkeye challenge can't be won simply by holding the left flipper out. But it is cool just how freely it spins otherwise.

I think I actually prefer using the upper flipper for the Sanctum. Don’t have to worry about air balls or disc rubber rejects draining…

1 week later
#11834 1 year ago

Version 1.07 is out. Looks like a whole lot of nothing…

1 week later
#11864 11 months ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Where should a return coming down from the right orbit (black panther) land? Working on a machine that feeds SDTM. The ball is changing course on the second post this side of the guide rail on the way down (circled), hitting the rubber ring on that post, pushing from a return to the right flipper to a SDTM trajectory.
Do we put a smaller ring on that post and let it feed to the right flipper or do we bend/adjust the guide rail to send to left?
[quoted image]

Had this same problem, this video is worth a watch because it helped me with this problem and shooter lane problems and will help with general inconsistency in alignment. Now, I don’t use a shim, but when lowering my playfield, which is very snug, I make sure to align the latches to center.

1 week later
#11880 11 months ago
Quoted from Ricmaz:

I have looked around and can’t find anyone that has the side armor. Anybody have any leads one a distro that has some?
Rich

This guy just posted some that are basically the same thing and cheaper if interested…
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1463-arcade-cabinetscom/08275--pinbawlers-flipper-button-wear-protectors-for-avengers

It’s on the previous page

1 week later
#11918 11 months ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

My coin door 48 v power cut off switch is not working anymore. I am just asking if anyone here knows the best places to check for a loose connection without going through a full trace and figure it out the long hard way ? (I have also seen some people have had problems with the power relay control board being fried on similar stern machines in the past)
Relatively new machine <1 year.

Can’t help with that but it is worth a look, if you haven’t already, to see if it’s still enabled in settings. I thought I had this problem when I updated or switched code, just to find the setting had been changed.

#11919 11 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

Looks like I'm joining this club - possibly as early as Thursday. It's encouraging to see notes about long play times being a problem. Encouraging because in the games I've played at a local arcade with an AIQ LE, I get my ass kicked most of the time and games are brief. It's a tough game. I love its verticality - and the ramps are the best in pinball.

I don’t get why long play times are a “problem” for some, for me it’s great to have that on such a fun
flow master of a machine. If you want shorter play time, you can always play the challenge mode, which is really fun mode all on its own. Also, one thing you can’t change about a game is the layout, and AIQ is one of the best!

#11941 11 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Hear, hear. This is the way to go, get the Pro if you like it. Don't listen to all the FOMOers who insist on only premiums. Pros are in many cases better games, including for AIQ, particularly on location where almost every premium won't be clean and fast enough to make the Marvel ramp. That ramp is physically cool but it doesn't make the game better, it makes it worse by focusing so much scoring on one infuriatingly tough shot.

Now now, just because you sold yours doesn’t mean you need to bash it. FOMOers? The premium may be more challenging because of the Marvel ramp but is also more rewarding. Is that a bad thing? It’s all personal choice. The premium is great for home use, it literally has everything! It combines STTNG with Simpsons PBP and Circus Volitaire! Another difference is the Antman vuk which I personally prefer. At the end of the day, Stern should not be making so many different versions. The best machines only have 1 version!

1 week later
#11946 10 months ago

I almost always start with mind to get the completions for an easier soul gem on hard mode for 200+ mil. Always take multiballs into the modes if you can. The portal locks are super key to that first billion. I also love taking a level 2 mind gem avenger into reality gem with 2 portal locks and a multiball ready. Thor is great cause after you spin that strange disk 1 hit of the action button clears the mode and all the thor shots. I love it when I can manage that.

Yeah, that first billion

3 weeks later
#11984 9 months ago

Well, this was a pleasant surprise. I ordered the pop bumper plastic a few months ago through my distributor and it finally showed up. It also came with a stern protector kit for it. I have not been invoiced yet from my distributor but they originally told me 15 bucks I think.
[quoted image]

This is very interesting.. I’m assuming it must be standard on the latest run.. could you post a pic when installed.. I’m curious about the extra (wing) on the back ..

1 week later
#11998 9 months ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Where would I go in the menu to cancel that setting?

Any chance you backed them up on usb?

#12007 9 months ago

I've found out the negative side of the surprise. I had agreed to 13 dollars for the part (what marco has as the price https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=510-7815-18) plus 10 or so in shipping when I talked to the distributor for the original plastic. I was not informed there was a change and now I get an invoice for more than $50. 20 for the kit and $30 for freight shipping of a tiny box. It's insane. They said I have to pay double shipping because it shipped from stern to them and from them to me. I would never had agreed to that.
I should have just bought the mod and replaced the sanctum entirely.

That’s ridiculous! BTW, I have the Sanctum mod and my plastic is also broke. Only on one side so is still ok. There’s just no support there so what you have might still be worth it

#12016 9 months ago
Quoted from Mjt311:

I apologize ahead of time if the question has been asked before but I cannot seem to figure out the search topic function. I am having an issue with the lower half of the playfield going completely dark/dead mid game on my premium. I can’t use the flippers and the ball usually drains in the 5-10 seconds this happens. There doesn’t seem to be any correlation or regularity to this happening with anything in game. Is there a fix to this issue? Thanks for any info you have.

Hi there, what software version are you running? One of them was notorious for this! Either way, try updating to newer version.

#12020 9 months ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I feel like this game is so hard, just like JP.

You gotta take the bad with the good in this game. I’ve learned to accept the fact that I will have bad games, just because the exit lanes are so hungry and if you miss a shot, it can make you pay. Always try to run multiball with portal locks or Iron Man or Thor MBs during Gem Quests and use them to help collect the Avengers. Mind Gem and Power Gem are super important for score and progress. *Big thing with this game is not to take unnecessary risks with shots if you don’t have to*, at least IMO..

#12028 9 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

New high for me of 6.5 Billion!
Beat my previous high by 170 Million.
6th game over 6 Billion! All 6 Gems, Trophy Mania, Computer Frenzy.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Dang man
I just got my high too!
Just minus almost 6 Billion…

3 weeks later
#12064 8 months ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

I wounder whether balls coming from black panther are supposed to go to left or right flipper. mine are always bouncing off the rubbers in front of mystery and go straight to left flipper. happens so precisely that I cannot tell if this is intended or not...
[quoted image]

Quoted from EaglePin:

It’s intended to bounce to left flipper on premium/LE. Intended to go to right flipper on pro.

I find this very interesting! When a ball happens to come back down from the Black Panther, on my Premium it was very erratic. Sometimes left, sometimes right, and worst of all, SDTM. I adjusted mine by pushing in on the posts with the rubber that were directing it, and now it usually feeds to the right, which is where I think you would want it. Curious why you say it should go to the left…

#12067 8 months ago

Hmmm,thanks for the reply, glad I set mine up to feed to the right. When hitting Thor from the right, the rubber could send it directly down the middle. My only two design complaints are those rubbers on Black Panther, and the exit lanes. Otherwise, fantastic!

1 week later
#12080 8 months ago

It would seem as though it has come time to invest in some coil cooling fans. Does anyone have any advice on this subject?

#12084 8 months ago

Thanks guys! Has anyone tried them from Pinsider RavSpec?

#12091 7 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Yeah, seemed to work just fine.

I’m sorry, it’s SlapDrain the Pinsider. Is that the one you’re referring to?

#12093 7 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thanks EaglePin !
Flipper coil cooling fans will definitely prevent flipper fade, which can be a problem on AIQ.
Pinmonk's Flipper coil fans will work great and there are other commercially available easy plug and play options available as well.
If you are more of a Do-It-Yourself kind of person, I have a guide which gives an overview of how I do my games and others have also chimed in with what they have done on theirs.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans

Thanks for the link and awesome thread! I recently replaced my coil sleeves and tension washers and rubber and this thing shoots like
a dream! That is until flipper fade becomes evident… I’m just tired of having great games get totally ruined by this….

#12094 7 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Going back to my order, it says SlapDrain @ RavSpec.

Ok, thanks, those seem like an affordable, integrated option. Not really comfortable wiring myself and this game clearly needs them!

#12095 7 months ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Hey everyone, I’ve been on the fence about getting AIQ. I really enjoy playing it on location, the shots are great and the music/callouts don’t bother me at all. I currently have a CCr (family favorite), a AFMr (my love/hate machine), GZ pro and a DP pro. Only have room for 4…….if anything’s gonna go it’s AFM.
I guess the question is, those of you that own it…..is it a long term keeper?

This game is easily better than AFM. The layout, ramps, and rule set are second to none! The artwork is amazing and it even has a final boss! I keep adding to and improving mine and will definitely be keeping! IMO, this game has the potential to be one of the best!

1 week later
#12100 7 months ago

Finally got my topper I ordered almost a year ago! Looks awesome! Problem is it’s not collecting gems… any ideas??
Also, anybody know of an easier way to replace the two rubbers by BP/subway other than tearing it all down to nothing??

#12104 7 months ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Check your settings. I think I remember being a setting that.

Quoted from Neal_W:

In diagnostics, lamps, individual lamp test you can turn on each lamp on the playfield and topper. Does the test work for each topper lamp?

The feature settings #57 and #58 are already on and the lights work in test mode. The topper has always lit up with a light show.
When I earn gems in the game, they are not lighting up. In the attract menu with all the high scores it says, collect 6 gems to unlock gem mania… just frustrating

#12105 7 months ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

I haven't gotten flipper coolers yet on my AIQ prem - but am thinking about it. The way I've been able to forestall that purchase is to wax the playfield and ramps regularly. It makes the ball much faster and that translates to making the Marvel ramp, BP orbit, etc. easier. For anyone else experiencing flipper fade or BP orbit "clunkiness", a waxed PF can make a difference. It just has to be done regularly based on how often you play.

I agree, waxing does help. The problem is I get inconsistent play. Fresh wax is really fast, when it’s fading is perfect, and when its gone, its causing drains and hard to tell exactly when those transitions are taking place

#12109 7 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Latest code installed?

I’m running Spider’s 1.06 code..

#12114 7 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That might be the issue? You can check with Stern for any known issues, but the first thing they will tell you is to install the Stern code.

Alright, thanks for the help, I’ll try updating with original code. See if that works and go from there. Spider’s code is just the original with a few mods, but it’s worth a look…

#12121 7 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Hi guys, new to the club, game is amazing so far. I keep falling just shy of the billion point club, and still have only managed 4 gems total at one time. Love having a long playing game in the collection.
I do have a quick question though, is it possible to have an SD Card with alternate code, and one with official, and just swap them out willy nilly?
I dont really want to lose all my scores, and someday might want to get inside connected.

Welcome, yes, you just need to use a USB in the back box and SAVE in the settings. Shut it down, switch out SD card, LOAD from USB, good to go! All settings and scores transfer…
Still chasing that billion club myself

#12122 7 months ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Well sign me up. I'd love to check it out!
And my bad I read back through the thread and saw spiders code. College football day and some pinball. How do I find spider

Awesome code, he is currently working on the 1.07. Just PM
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/spider

#12123 7 months ago

This guy also has some awesome comic code
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pomc

2 weeks later
#12144 7 months ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Damn I love this game. Ended with 5 gems, was going for 6 when I got Battle Royale for the first time and completely power shit the bed.
First billion point game, 1.4 billion at the end, feels good man.[quoted image]

First of all, AWESOME JOB! Secondly, I have a love/hate relationship with this game. Feels great to do well, feels awful when usual suspects kill your game (exit lanes, weak flippers, ramp rejects). Still chasing that billion…

#12146 7 months ago
Quoted from Falc0nWing:

guys,which are the best sound / videio mods out there? thanks!

I already have them posted on this page…

#12148 6 months ago

It was only a few posts ago, comic code!

2 weeks later
#12196 6 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I like AIQ pro, but prefer the Premium. Admittedly I only have a handful of games played on the Pro and actually a lot more on the Premium than IC shows since I had the game for a year and a half before adding IC.
The Captain Marvel ramp is still my favorite shot in pinball!
[quoted image]

I’m in the same boat, few games on the pro, but love my premium. It’s really personal preference and is a great game either way!
Not to change the subject, what is everyone’s opinion on the best use for fully powered Mind Gem??
Or uses??

#12199 6 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

You can spin the disc and use the Level 2 Mind Gem during Reality Gem quest to complete the mode with just that Mind gem use.
I actually generally prefer to have the Mind Gem at Level 1 for the 3 uses. This makes Hard Mode in Soul Gem quest much easier to complete and it also is very helpful in any Gem quest or Wizard mode.

Right now I’m just trying to get to Thanos. I use the Widow shot for Mind Gem, and also mostly use Widow just to get the ball to the left flipper on a roll. Then sometimes I end up with Widow fully powered as a result. Agree the 3 uses are the best, just trying to figure out what to spend a level 3 on. I always run Soul Gem on hard just because I don’t care if I get it. I can always get it through Hawkeye and then I don’t have to do Thanos Attacks.(right away)
1 button push for Reality is a good fit. Any other ideas?

#12207 6 months ago
Quoted from indybru:

Maybe someone can help me out here. I played AIQ pro at expo this afternoon and enjoyed it. So I heard go for mind gem which I did several times. Thanks EaglePin. One time I somewhat completed it but needed one more shot it said hit something but I have no idea what. Thoughts?
Also, out of the blue I ended up in a gem where I had to make shots (a bunch of Avenger's were on the display first) and lost flips. Not sure how that happened.
Cheers. Bruce

Hi there, you needed to hit the Sanctum to complete Mind Gem. It’s the target right behind the disc, which can be a real pain sometimes. Also, the flip count gem was Soul Gem. First mini-wizard mode you get by collecting all the Avengers. Shooting there shots collects them. They light up on the playfield by the flippers. Awesome game! Highly recommend!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

4,999 (Firm)
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richter1019.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble?tu=richter1019 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.