(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2532 American pinball is advertising in pinball life orders Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #2768 Press Release from American Pinball before TPF 2017 Posted by unigroove (7 years ago)

Post #2820 video of game reveal at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2829 TPF gameplay video (short) Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2831 Photo of Houdini backbox/translite Posted by 1iblind (7 years ago)

Post #2839 more short Houdini gameplay video from TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2841 Video of Houdini catapult toy in action Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #2851 Price confirmed as $6995 from sources at TPF Posted by Khabbi (7 years ago)

Post #3006 A quick review of TPF reactions. Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Post #3050 Some history of Houdini leading up to TPF from rosh Posted by rosh (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rascal_H.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 7 years ago

How can I order?

#100 7 years ago

Got 'em again boys. Good work! Now let's pat each other on the asses and hit the showers!

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Please everyone, drain this post. We all know Kaneda will be reading this thread. Drain it and move on. Don't give this a hole the time of day or satisfaction of reading reactions to this post.
Or mods, delete it entirely and someone start a real thread. Ignoring all false "Kaneda" information.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#114 7 years ago

American Pinball fan since day 1.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Actually I have to disagree, I have been the lucky recipient of his personal emails in the past. He is a sniveling, narcissistic little prick. A total douche bad in the highest form. He should do PR for JPop and this so called American Pinball, they all deserve each other. Peas in a pod. He should pack up that Hellcat and his TMNT jammies and move on in with JPop.

#139 7 years ago

If they were asking about rights 5 years ago I'm guessing they've had time to work out all the legalities. Then again, I could be giving too much credit to a botique pinball company.

#275 7 years ago

I hope I can get JPop to sign the apron on mine.

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The real-life PR guy failing the fake account gig by posting Facebook photos from his own Facebook feed has been the best part of this entire fiasco.
He tries so hardto make fake accounts, even faking it on his podcast and fails in such an amauter way is comedy gold. It's as bad as the mirror photo fails

Try harder, try-hard.

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

He creates fake accounts on here... Rickthorn. Gets called out immediately... Denies it. Even has the fake account calls kaneda names and curses at him (yeah, screw that guy!! Kind of stuff). Even tries to suck himself off with "knows how to write a press release"

No one is buying it. Denies the fake accounts on his podcast (so I'm told). Then the rick fake account posts photos of American pinballs Facebook feed... Forgetting that the web version of Facebook shows your avatar next to the new comment field of posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced?tq&tu=Rickthorn#post-3360110
Epic fail completely busting himself. It's all right here in this thread for your train wreck of entertainment. And yet some people still think he is some victim... *smdh*

He's openly stated he created the RickThorn fake account, that he has created dozens of fake accounts, and that he really doesn't give any fucks. Kinda funny how your nipples get hard every time you think you've "really got him this time". He's not the victim, you are.

Just for the record, I haven't had any communication with him for months.

#289 7 years ago

Are these old pics?

#290 7 years ago

The statement
"By the end of 2016, Magic Girl machines will be delivered to their rightful owners."

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#292 7 years ago

The statement says the pics are new

#310 7 years ago

They are empty cabinets. But I don't think they are being built to be the World's largest spaghetti bowls.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Openly stated after he failed... Again. It's like "oh I meant to get caught" kind of comebacks. Or "I just love screwing with you guys" kind of stuff. No, the guy has serious emotional issues where he needs attention and will go to great lengths to try to make himself relevant and the topic of discussion. And cheerleaders like you just feed that deep problem he has. You are always there to fill in and help pump him when he can't do it himself. You must have had one hell of an invite to his apartment.
Some people just need to go away. It's not even a challenge sniffing his bs out. The guy just needs to find another hobby to try to impress. Has he not been thrown out of the comic/anime circles yet? Maybe he can get into vintage clothing or something...

Ok, flynnibus is the big winner. Three cheers! I don't really care.

I almost forgot he told me to stop defending him because he LOVES this shit.

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Look at the pictures Rascal posted for Chris. The heads line up but the coin door areas are not right in an attempt to make them look different.
A couple of spots seriously bad.

Hahah! Saving this post forever!

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I've always liked you Kevin and we've done a couple pin deals, but I seriously don't understand why you defend Chris. You're such a good dude, why associate with him? It seems off.

Don't like seeing anyone bullied. Even if they're kinda assholes. I'm not defending him anymore though. I don't even want to talk about him anymore.

And you are a good guy too, Tom.

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Can't understand why this kaneda account has not been frozen yet.

I think his name is Dave Bowman.

#487 7 years ago

Pig pile on Bowman! If we don't have Kaneda to kick around we can always invent a new one!

(Unacceptable image removed)

#678 7 years ago

Posting from Kaneda is against forum rules so I'm sure posting from Timmy is too.

#789 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Welp, don't shoot the messenger of the messenger, but here's what we have. It's real, sort of. Here's a pic of Tim (Cornelius) with the flyer. He was not allowed to take up close photos. The pics he has will be on Pinballnews.com tomorrow. From what he told me and the points on the flyer, here's what I have.
- Not a Magic Girl retheme
- LCD is underneath the glass but bigger than CV's DMD
- MSRP $6,995
- LED's
- Full Backglass
- Custom Stainless Trim
- Bunch of toys
It DOES NOT flip. He said it's gorgeous. Sound like MG?
So I guess the short is nothing to get super excited about. The MG, RAZA and AIW folks still need to be made whole for American Pinball to be successful. Period. Sorry I don't have more. I did my best.

Gorgeous goatee!

Put me down for 2.

#938 7 years ago

I'm buying this game!!!

#940 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Welcome to the party! You're about 135 posts too late.

Oh... Working lol

#986 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

I really hope this is fake. If not, having jpop design a machine is a kick in the groin to every person he swindled. This is abhorrent.

Hope what is fake? There's pictures... Of the game. People have seen it.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1012 7 years ago

What ships first, Alien or Houdini?

#1243 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Don't you have a podcast to go listen to?

Good one.

#1741 7 years ago

I was taking to my friend taxman and he said I was too poor to be involved in this thread.

#1752 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Most people please skip this post by me. Apologies ahead of time for taking the drama bait. But I'm having a beer watching the vice pres debates (boxing match) and I see my name mentioned.

Wow, bringing me up out of nowhere? OK, I'll bite-
1) You have never talked to me.
2) I said you were trolling the thread with no intentions of buying and insinuated the means. (granted, being a bit mean, not too cool)
3) You were bringing up a different game than the thread was discussing. You included me since you wanted give me a dig (also not cool)
4) The thread started by your blocked and banned buddy so you cause unnecessary controversy since he can't (also not cool)
5) Sorry I got under your skin so much you need to obsess like your buddy. But he thrived on this and now you want to continue the legacy. (transparent)
Now, do you want to continue with a normal conversation or am I going to continue to be an irritant to you because I exist? Most on this thread want to talk about Houdini. Mostly speculation but a mix of excitement and doubt, warranted.
If I'm wrong about you trolling this thread perhaps you can explain a temporary thread eject and then when that was up you come right back with wonderful contributing posts. Let's review some wonderful contributions to this thread alone -

Let's always remember your honesty when you said -

Sorry everyone, I know we all hate when this garbage crops up. It is why it has been so much nicer without these days.

Just ignore the fact you followed me around to every thread I posted in and trolled everything I did for months.

And those posts were great! Forgot how amusing I am.

1 week later
#2164 7 years ago

So we're all agreeing Houdini gets best in show?

#2166 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You and your brother Kaneda need to give it up

You're from Texas. Your opinion doesn't matter.

#2177 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, coming from that piss ant state of Mass, that's funny!
5 times the population and 12th largest economy in the world. And MUCH nicer people.

Got me I guess.

Back to my point. Congratulations to JPop - clear winner of the show!

#2198 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Are you really that dumb and stubborn that you can't see ap was the biggest flop at expo.
F#$king troll.

Such an angry person.

If Houdini wasn't the best then my vote goes to Magic Girl.

5 months later
#3089 7 years ago

Great job AP! Really loving the look of this one.

If there's one thing I hope you don't do is publicly announce production/release dates. Unless you want to spend the next two years saying "two weeks".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 36.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 84.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rascal_H.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced?tu=Rascal_H and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.