(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 64.
#2501 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If MG runs on something that can be programmed by an outside party, somebody will take it on as a personal project. If the physical is there, the code will we done by somebody.

I see that happening only if one of the MG owners is knowledgable enough and has an immense amount of free time to make that happen. Those are some big IFs.

#2502 7 years ago

Not even sure why any of us our dreaming that Magic Girls are going to get delivered to anyone. The plan when AP announced everything at the start seems different than their plan today. Jpop doesn't seem to be continuing to work for them, so any hope of him bartering his services seems moot.

#2503 7 years ago

"satisfied it finally works, flips, and is reasonably playable."

Sounds like most of my machines

#2504 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If MG runs on something that can be programmed by an outside party, somebody will take it on as a personal project. If the physical is there, the code will we done by somebody.

That's the problem with Jpop games...the physics are askew with MG and Houdini...sure they look pretty but the shot lay out is not correct in the current state of the machines.

#2505 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

That's the problem with Jpop games...the physics are askew with MG and Houdini...sure they look pretty but the shot lay out is not correct in the current state of the machines.

Is that JPOP in general? If so, I'd have to disagree. Of all of his games, I have the most time on a TOM. That game shoots amazingly nice. The lock shot is my favorite feeling shot in pinball and the rest of the game flows pretty nicely.

Of course if you are talking MG and H, I completely agree. Not that I've shot either one of course, but they both look like giant cluster f's.

#2506 7 years ago

I've been too busy working on my own game!

14821726347471554707197 (resized).jpg14821726347471554707197 (resized).jpg

#2507 7 years ago

so your new game has a lower flipper and it is a mini...

#2508 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so your new game has a lower flipper and it is a mini...

SPOOKY BLADE RUNNER CONFIRMED! #illuminatiIsRealz

#2509 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

That's the problem with Jpop games...the physics are askew with MG and Houdini

Quoted from desertT1:

Is that JPOP in general? If so, I'd have to disagree

I'm betting he means just those two ....... I saw in person that Houdidn't playfield & it had shots that were impossible.. or if ever made had no plan or way for the ball to go back into play , take a close look at that left clear ramp on it

#2510 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I was thinking this is to smack the boulders away from the cave entrance in the lower pf. He has risen multiball....

#2511 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

preorder time!!!!

#2512 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Clearly this is Spooky's next contract game with Kia for a Kia Soul Hamster themed game. It was tipped off months ago in the forums under Meatloaf Hampster on BenHeck.com. Even the portal is clearly Hamster shaped. Finally a successor to Bad Catz and Mousin' Around!.

More secrets here on his episode on the Ben Heck Show about how to solder :

at timestamp 9:34m....'cookies' yeah... Clearly its Keebler Elves themed Game or is there some other message....

#2513 7 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I'm betting he means just those two ....... I saw in person that Houdidn't playfield & it had shots that were impossible.. or if ever made had no plan or way for the ball to go back into play , take a close look at that left clear ramp on it

Yes I was just referring to MG and Houdini now.

#2514 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Illuminati Pin would be cool. Think of the possibilities ....

rd

#2515 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Meatloaf hell? Its obvious that's it's going to be a food dispenser at Golden Corral. It has a second flipper (not visible) to flip up the tums.

#2516 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Meatloaf hell? Its obvious that's it's going to be a food dispenser at Golden Corral. It has a second flipper (not visible) to flip up the tums.

A pin at Golden Corral would be so good. It would go along with the nearly impossible to win crane

#2517 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

A pin at Golden Corral would be so good.l to go along with the nearly impossible to win crane

Mmmm, a warmer in the crane with yeast rolls. I think we are on to something.

Ok I will go away now.

#2518 7 years ago

How many MG machines were pre-paid and promised to ship? I think I've read somewhere that the cabinets were actually made and there were some parts made? Realistically, how far away are they from having an actual machine that works?

#2519 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

How many MG machines were pre-paid and promised to ship? I think I've read somewhere that the cabinets were actually made and there were some parts made? Realistically, how far away are they from having an actual machine that works?

By "they" you mean jpop and that's all he has -- 25 empty cabs, some screwed up Playfields that couldn't be cleared, and the nw show "prototype" that likely hasn't changed much since.. so unless a miracle happened or sometjing big usgoing on behind the scenes it ain't that close

#2520 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

By "they" you mean jpop and that's all he has -- 25 empty cabs, some screwed up Playfields that couldn't be cleared, and the nw show "prototype" that likely hasn't changed much since.. so unless a miracle happened or sometjing big usgoing on behind the scenes it ain't that close

So it wouldn't even be worthwhile to tell jpop 'send me what you've got' and then try to piece something together from what parts he does have. With as good as so many people here on Pinside are with being able to fix machines and figure things out, even if they could get the cabinet and a box of parts, it might be better than nothing. Sorry, REALLY dumb idea on my part.

#2521 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

So it wouldn't even be worthwhile to tell jpop 'send me what you've got' and then try to piece something together from what parts he does have. With as good as so many people here on Pinside are with being able to fix machines and figure things out, even if they could get the cabinet and a box of parts, it might be better than nothing. Sorry, REALLY dumb idea on my part.

Only one way to know: buy a spot and give it a shot.

#2522 7 years ago

Hi

Quoted from Dooskie:So it wouldn't even be worthwhile to tell jpop 'send me what you've got' and then try to piece something together from what parts he does have. With as good as so many people here on Pinside are with being able to fix machines and figure things out, even if they could get the cabinet and a box of parts, it might be better than nothing. Sorry, REALLY dumb idea on my part.

What makes you think jpop would be giving any thing away. I am sure that to him the cabinets, playfields and any other assets have a value, thus, if you want them you can pay $$$ for them

#2523 7 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Hi

What makes you think jpop would be giving any thing away. I am sure that to him the cabinets, playfields and any other assets have a value, thus, if you want them you can pay $$$ for them

I did.. I paid for the most expensive cabinet and playfield there has ever been.
And I got a t-shirt....

#2524 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

likely hasn't changed much since.. so unless a miracle happened or sometjing big usgoing on behind the scenes it ain't that close

Game parts are now finally on hand.
Legalities have been worked out.
Code design is very basic.
Construction has not yet started.

"Code design does not fix playfield problems."
(which essentially has remained unchanged with this title)

I wish AP the best of fortune.
Nothing wrong with pinball skepticism, it's been a long ride.
It helps protect your finances as well.
Recommended this direction for years.

I cannot give a build timeline, as that is whatever AP chooses.
This has not been decided, and any projections are the responsibility of the manufacturer.
I would not bother to give information, if their was not some type of credence.

I don't have any progress updates regarding Houdini, but I would seriously hope AP reshoots the whitewood.
I would enjoy owning one, but I do live on realities not wishes.

In the past I did try to help others in understanding the developments of other companies, but people tend to sniper shot everything here for fun. As a result, I just let people discover the ultimate endgame by themselves.

I remain hopeful for the investors that paid for the title I know.

#2525 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Game parts are now finally on hand.
Legalities have been worked out.
Code design is very basic.
Construction has not yet started.
"Code design does not fix playfield problems."
I wish AP the best of fortune.
Nothing wrong with skepticism, it's been a long ride.

You're talking about mg? Where are you getting said information, you speak as if you are getting first hand updates??

#2526 7 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

buy a spot and give it a shot.

And hope for the best.

#2527 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I did.. I paid for the most expensive cabinet and playfield there has ever been.
And I got a t-shirt....

I personally delivered that tshirt with great care. Had I not visited the shop you.might not have that expensive tshirt reminder. I am so sorry now. I felt like a kid in the candy store.

#2528 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I personally delivered that tshirt with great care. Had I not visited the shop you.might not have that expensive tshirt reminder. I am so sorry now. I felt like a kid in the candy store.

You are absolutely correct Buddy. Otherwise I would likely have never received even that. I should have listened to your sixth sense and experience when you picked up that things "just didn't sound right". You were the first I heard propose a possible Ponzi type scheme.

#2529 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

Well their website is down/gone, and Facebook hasn't been updated since Oct. Willing to bet that they have aborted the ugly fetus of jpop.

website sill up when i checked.
http://www.american-pinball.com/

#2530 7 years ago

I honestly forgot about this "machine"....bummer. But nothing we didn't expect of this fiasco.

#2531 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is that JPOP in general? If so, I'd have to disagree. Of all of his games, I have the most time on a TOM. That game shoots amazingly nice. The lock shot is my favorite feeling shot in pinball and the rest of the game flows pretty nicely.
Of course if you are talking MG and H, I completely agree. Not that I've shot either one of course, but they both look like giant cluster f's.

The right ramp doesn't "shoot" amazingly nice. Perfect shot rejects are common due to the sharp angle.

1 week later
#2532 7 years ago

I just received an order from Pinball Life and it included a Houdini flyer. I've attached a picture of each side.

20161230_091020 (resized).jpg20161230_091020 (resized).jpg

20161230_091029 (resized).jpg20161230_091029 (resized).jpg

#2533 7 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I just received an order from Pinball Life and it included a Houdini flyer

Wonder if Terry will supply parts for them? (cash only) .. This should be interesting (with Balcer, not JPOP)

#2534 7 years ago

I like that lettering better than what was on the translite....

#2535 7 years ago

looks like american pinball still doing it. now i'm curious, again.

#2536 7 years ago

Their flyers are getting way nicer.

It boggles the mind that this charade continues.

#2537 7 years ago

I talked to Joe at Expo. I'm rooting for them. Talk about starting out nine yards deep in your own end zone.

#2538 7 years ago

...and there's a new log on the fire of this drama. Just in time!
It will be interesting following AP and how this unfolds in 2017!!

#2539 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It boggles the mind that this charade continues.

If they've broken ties with JPop and aren't asking for people's money, what is the charade?

#2540 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If they've broken ties with JPop and aren't asking for people's money, what is the charade?

That they will actually mass produce a pinball machine.

#2541 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That they will actually mass produce a pinball machine.

*shrug*

I think they intend to try. If it's not hurting anyone, then for me it falls into the "good luck, hope you make it" bucket.

I would just hope anyone they get to work with them is smart enough to get payment up front versus points on every machine shipped.

#2542 7 years ago

I'd still like for them to clarify what their relationship is currently with Jpop and how that affects the zidware customers. This was all presented as a way to make everyone whole.

Not to mention Houdini was filled with "z" parts, funded by all the zidware customers.

Plus they came straight out and made the declaration that Magic Girls were going to be delivered by the end of the year, so, this puts any claims they make in the future suspect because they've already demonstrated they can be out to lunch.

I'm guessing though the next iteration of Houdini we see will have zero Zidware IP, and John seems long off the project. So it is essentially a brand new startup. I just hope there's no pre-order plans. That would be too much to ask, whether or not John is still with them.

#2543 7 years ago

Agreed Frolic. Some information on what they intend to do for the MG customers, or whether they still intend to finish that title and in what timeframe, would be great.

Houdini would definitely be a game I would be interested in, but I wouldn't want to step on toes if Zidware parts had anything to do with it. Pinball Life may have more info, as I don't think they would be blindly sending out flyers with their orders and risk pissing their customers off if it was still believed to be a sham. The secrecy with new games and lack of information sharing is becoming astounding, frustrating and ridiculous. If upcoming titles are already known or unveiled and the information is out there, I don't see why sharing updates regardless of the status is so difficult. Updates are at least something and keep people in the loop as to progress, and silence just instigates questions and increases frustration.

#2545 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Well, there is the whole fluff about what and who they are. "Manufactures arcade and pinball games"?? They haven't made anything
From the start they've fluffed everything they've said, and have shown little ability to vet their own claims. Oh, and we won't even admit to these things, just pivot and go dark about it all.

Seems like a real stand up group!

#2546 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Well, there is the whole fluff about what and who they are. "Manufactures arcade and pinball games"?? They haven't made anything
From the start they've fluffed everything they've said, and have shown little ability to vet their own claims. Oh, and we won't even admit to these things, just pivot and go dark about it all.
Seems like a real stand up group!

I won't even start on how I feel about "fake it til you make it." Pinball likes to think it's special, but it really is just a smaller version of other industries.

http://fortune.com/silicon-valley-startups-fraud-venture-capital/

#2547 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yeah, let's make this thing!

What movie is this???

#2548 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Not to mention Houdini was filled with "z" parts, funded by all the zidware customers.

This is pinball Frolic. Perhaps the dumbest marketing people on earth mixed in with a few used car salesmen and overall shysters.

You can't expect explanations, reasoning or logic from any of them.

#2549 7 years ago
Quoted from rgb635:

What movie is this???

fantasia (resized).jpgfantasia (resized).jpg

#2550 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Agreed Frolic. Some information on what they intend to do for the MG customers, or whether they still intend to finish that title and in what timeframe, would be great.
Houdini would definitely be a game I would be interested in, but I wouldn't want to step on toes if Zidware parts had anything to do with it. Pinball Life may have more info, as I don't think they would be blindly sending out flyers with their orders and risk pissing their customers off if it was still believed to be a sham. The secrecy with new games and lack of information sharing is becoming astounding, frustrating and ridiculous. If upcoming titles are already known or unveiled and the information is out there, I don't see why sharing updates regardless of the status is so difficult. Updates are at least something and keep people in the loop as to progress, and silence just instigates questions and increases frustration.

well they got another day to get out the 31 MGs, no ?

their words.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 119.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 84.99
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.