(Topic ID: 169477)

New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,206 posts
  • 463 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by emkay
  • Topic is favorited by 70 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 64.
#2801 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

First thing I thought was 90's Sega Photoshop. I looked up Jeff Busch....he did a bunch of 90's Sega games!

The era of stretched typefaces on inserts. Probably my least favourite technique of all time. Respect the type!

Like I said in the other thread, I can wait two days before getting out the torches and pitchforks. Besides, it's not in production yet and perhaps some customer feedback will help, if this is actually the true nature of the work.

Pinball Magic wasn't bad!

#2802 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The era of stretched typefaces on inserts. Probably my least favourite technique of all time. Respect the type!
Like I said in the other thread, I can wait two days before getting out the torches and pitchforks. Besides, it's not in production yet and perhaps some customer feedback will help, if this is actually the true nature of the work.
Pinball Magic wasn't bad!

It wasn't bad...but it wasn't great...but it's also a game you could buy for $1200 all day long before pinflation, so no one really had much to complain about. I've said it before, but at current NIB prices - standards are high. We're now in the era of Dirty Donnie & Zombie Yeti ....or, if you're going to go the Photoshop route, it's gotta look as nice as Hobbit.

#2803 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm not making a definitive conclusion. Hence the pre-amble.
But given what they have shown, it does bode less than well. Do you know what "bode" means?

Yes, it's a term of foreshadowing.

I believe the true question should have been do you know the definition of prejudgement?

drop the mic (resized).jpgdrop the mic (resized).jpg

#2804 7 years ago

The new design better not come with a dmd, or sales won't get off the ground.

#2805 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The new design better not come with a dmd, or sales won't get off the ground.

Invisible display is a feature of Houdini!

#2806 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Invisible display is a feature of Houdini!

You can't see it in Magic Girl either

#2807 7 years ago

i'm very curious to see what they offer at 7K, this is like a stern premium fully loaded.
if it looks like a pro, they fucked up.
they had the chance to have a good part of the market with a good pro like version at 5k. 7K for a limited time, i'll bet after that 7.5K-8k, if so, it better be pretty damn good and not with a dmd.

#2808 7 years ago

You'll find out tomorrow!

Quoted from beatmaster:

i'm very curious to see what they offer at 7K, this is like a stern premium fully loaded.
if it looks like a pro, they fucked up.
they had the chance to have a good part of the market with a good pro like version at 5k. 7K for a limited time, i'll bet after that 7.5K-8k, if so, it better be pretty damn good and not with a dmd.

#2809 7 years ago

Received a tweaked updated press release and replaced the one I posted earlier.

#2810 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Received a tweaked updated press release and replaced the one I posted earlier.

They still haven't proof read it

#2811 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They still haven't proof read it

No time for that now. Believe you meant to type -> They still haven't proofread it!

#2812 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

No time for that now. Believe you meant to type -> They still haven't proofread it!

Indeed. The value of looking at something more than once ...

#2813 7 years ago

You would think with this much on the line they'd make sure it didn't look like it was written by an ESLer.

At least they fixed "Master Mystery"!

#2814 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

You would think with this much on the line they'd make sure it didn't look like it was written by an ESLer.
At least they fixed "Master Mystery"!

I thought the same thing but that is the name of a Houdini serial from back in the day. I like the new name better.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0010446/

#2816 7 years ago

There are 2 pinball machines here at TPF and they say they work and will be available to play all weekend.

#2817 7 years ago

IMG_2798 (resized).JPGIMG_2798 (resized).JPG

IMG_2800 (resized).JPGIMG_2800 (resized).JPG

#2818 7 years ago

Please record and or stream someone...

#2819 7 years ago

Would love to see a stream.

#2822 7 years ago
Quoted from nwiryan:

Would love to see a stream.

Just makes sense right?
If I had a pinball company, I would document and share footage of debuts...

#2823 7 years ago

They brought a team of 7 and they are all talking...and taking...oh and talking...

#2824 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

They brought a team of 7 and they are all talking...and taking...oh and talking...

Anyone recording? Haha

#2825 7 years ago

not sure about the side panels on the backbox. is it me or it looks like a gottlieb early 80's

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2826 7 years ago

Some details.

Seven ball game. Multiple catapults that throw the ball around. One throw is 20" if I heard right. A working stage where ball goes and may or may not disappear. All RGB lighting. Code about 20% done.

They are going to use distributors only and no direct sales. No preorders. No deposits. Will sell when games are done.

#2828 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Just makes sense right?
If I had a pinball company, I would document and share footage of debuts...

I'm surprised the show isn't streaming it live on their website... or are they?

#2829 7 years ago

Short video I shot for starters

#2830 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Done video I shot for starters
» YouTube video

You Sir are a Rock Star!

#2831 7 years ago

Backglass.

IMG_20170324_2057221 (resized).jpgIMG_20170324_2057221 (resized).jpg

#2833 7 years ago

Unbelievable! This is a nice job in such a short amount of time. Look forward to seeing more. What is the chain thing on the right ramp?

#2834 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverballNut:

Some details.
Seven ball game. Multiple catapults that throw the ball around. One throw is 20" if I heard right. A working stage where ball goes and may or may not disappear. All RGB lighting. Code about 20% done.
They are going to use distributors only and no direct sales. No preorders. No deposits. Will sell when games are done.

Seven ball game?! Weird.

#2835 7 years ago

Steampunk vibe too from what I see. Loving the lit up eyes on the playfield!

#2837 7 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Short video I shot for starters
» YouTube video

Thanks for the video Khabbi, but damn Johnathan! I don't think Helen Keller could have bricked that many shots in a minute if she tried to. I'm dying to see some of the features working.

#2838 7 years ago

WOW this is looking good very surprized

#2840 7 years ago

It looks cool, but the shots look super tight. The one shot on upper right looks like the ball can barely fit thru the gap. I am seeing tons of brick shots.

#2841 7 years ago

Catapult in action

#2842 7 years ago

That catapault load and shot off the trunk is nasty

#2843 7 years ago

I'm guessing multiball lock is mm style catapault into the trunk then when multi is going they dump below the trunk and shoot into the open wire form down to the flippers. Cool

#2844 7 years ago

Wow, that looks pretty darn good.

Speed.

#2845 7 years ago

Wow this is very cool. so much to see and do on the playfield, lots of interesting shots. Love the gear bumpers and catapult. Nice display effects and animation. Minor niggle: Would love to see higher scoring, not a fan of the single digit scoring.

#2846 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wow this is very cool. so much to see and do on the playfield, lots of interesting shots. Love the gear bumpers and catapult. Nice display effects and animation. Minor niggle: Would love to see higher scoring, not a fan of the single digit scoring.

I actually think the opposite. When a 0 was tacked on the end to make people "feel" better that was lame. By the time AFM made scores in the billions it was just stupid. I think WOZ brining earning a score back to reality is a good thing.

#2847 7 years ago

Interesting .... any prices thrown around yet?

#2848 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

That catapault load and shot off the trunk is nasty

MM meets Aerosmith?

#2849 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Interesting .... any prices thrown around yet?

I read somewhere it was $6995.

#2850 7 years ago

Amazed at how far they've gotten in so little time, having literally just started up. It appears they have a more advanced machine after 4-5 months of work than some companies have managed in 3-6 years.

Less than convinced by the art and backbox, but the mechs look good and it's absolutely rammed with features.

Very glad they got rid of the ridiculous half obscured JPop screen position as well as his game design.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 3,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jpop-game-houdini-just-announced/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.