New Game Houdini? Just Announced by American Pinball.

By RickThorn

12 months ago

Stats

• 3,139 posts
  • 459 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by merccat
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 303 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170505_122504 (resized).jpg
20170506_201321 (resized).jpg
20170506_201325 (resized).jpg
20170506_201329 (resized).jpg
20170506_201334 (resized).jpg
20170506_201313 (resized).jpg
20170506_201339 (resized).jpg
20170506_172939 (resized).jpg
20170506_172921 (resized).jpg
tesla (resized).jpg
1m7dqw (resized).jpg
20170326_010217 (resized).jpg
20170326_010211 (resized).jpg
20170326_010205 (resized).jpg
20170326_010202 (resized).jpg
IMG_1099 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3139 posts in topic. You are on page 10 of 64.
#451 12 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

But is it? WCS is a good basic game that had to be finished by someone else. TOM is a pretty, but bad game that is exploitable and never used in competiton. TOTAN is a beginner-level pin with the depth of a sys11 game (but less interesting) and again never used in comps. CV is pretty fun, but again helped by others and saved by great software. EP1 is a complete turd.
JPOP track record is IMHO inferior to many others... Lawlor, Ritchie, Oursler, Eddy, Borg, Gomez, Trudeau, Nordman all are better modern designers.. hell, I have more fun playing Pemberton games than Popadiuk's.

Says a dude that owns 1 dracula

#452 12 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just speculation. But maybe they think it would be worth it to have him on board as a designer. Not too many of them around if you need one.
LTG : )

True, but if you make mg owners whole, the angry raza mob is standing next in line?
What are your thiughts on that then?

#453 12 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is it possible to just stop talking about kaneda and discuss the games and companies? Chris provided the original info (thank you for that) .. we have the news, now can we forget about Chris again? Nothing personal against him but the machines and AP company are far more interesting than talking about Chris and dupe accounts on a pinball forum.

I'm completely in agreement with this, but at the same time it's hard to ignore him when he continues to post under the username of Dave Bowman and is pretty much sticking it in our face, going as far as posting an email from....himself.

#454 12 months ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

As I already explained in previous posts.
The game concept is real based on a developed design based on my industry contacts.
I was aware of prototyping.
I did not realize that samples had been completed, nor a a plan for an early reveal.
This is not a Kaneda troll post, so I am not sure why people keeping believing it is such only because the original poster is the person people dislike.
I don't like the anyone should have the need to use duplicate accounts, but the information still had value.
In the history of pinball, this is not the first time manufacturers have pulled a "hat trick", nor a surprise at an Expo.
AP is a new player in town that could upset what Stern thought was a industry monopoly for the current Expo.
I welcome the competition, as this will moderate pricing even if only for a short while, especially if the gameplay is solid, regardless of hard feelings towards the designer.
This hobby has a very short memory of the past, that some say is "not relevant", which is false.
If money can be generated, things will progress.

Memory is not so short to remember you disembowling Kaneda here on Pinside only to get right back into bed with him...

The past of this industry is the past... it's a home consumer market. Stern is proving that with their GB playfield "program".... Batman66 available models and pricing... not to mention all of the other manufacturers that are catering to the collector market.

Don't get me wrong, the history of pinball (when relayed and told without constantly pointing out what idiots modern collectors are) is fascinating and fun. But, it's a brand new day now. That's a fact.

#455 12 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

True.

Yes and everybody wants to downvote when they do not want to believe.

I only try to help and educate, and remain impartial towards individuals. I am not a fan of anyone. I don't wish to argue. I am also was not "Dick Thorn" that people here so kindly accused. I did not do the BBB interview for that individual. I did it for many "modern" collectors who asked me to do it. My time is limited.

Some people do not seem to want to understand this straightfoward point.
No agenda, no narcissism, no personal profit.

This applies to this topic regarding AP as well.
People need to stop trying to target people for their frustations, as there is a severe loss of the ability to learn anything productive.

#456 12 months ago

Sure I paid extra for the MAGNETO Version of X men, really wished I wouldn't have spent the extra money for the paint job. I played this game for about 1.5 hours last night, still a tough game

I really look at the Pro Vs Prem STERN titles. Im so glad I bought PRO for Walking Dead, GOT, and Mustang , I think I saved myself money and didn't buy alot of extra toys and crossbows. GB Prem is better than the Pro IMO. Tron and Metillica we decent values for the Prem Titles. Thats all.

#457 12 months ago

There were rumours that there was a rumour, but that turned out to be bullshit.

dr (resized).jpg

#458 12 months ago

adb2c789fda6de37e0755e53544cebe6cb5ca4ff (resized).png

#459 12 months ago

You don't have to spam all four J POOP threads with that, dude.

Everybody thinks they're Crazy Levi up in this place.

#460 12 months ago

hey?! Houdini poster, was that in zidware headquarters? Man that is crazy

#461 12 months ago

I'm sorry but can't Robin give us a good reason why his IP address hasn't been banned?

#462 12 months ago
Quoted from Crash:

I'm sorry but can't Robin give us a good reason why his IP address hasn't been banned?

Isn't that what "blocked" means? Anyways, changing / spoofing your IP is kiddie shit. Anyone can do it.

#463 12 months ago
Quoted from Crash:

It's the VPN era, I doubt he is using his home IP.

#464 12 months ago
Quoted from Crash:

That is pointless... you can appear anywhere on the network with trivial effort due to tor and VPNs. You have to sniff out dupes or have strong verification requirements.

#465 12 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Magic girl was only 16...

Who's complaining?

She's totally legal in Ohio.

#466 12 months ago

I've spotted some duplicate accounts of his and notified the mods. It doesn't seem real easy to spot duplicate accounts unless those of us who are on here often help out.

Chris could probably start a new account if he wanted and be a quality pinsider but he just starts new shit with each new username. It's pretty sad.

#467 12 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Davebowman, care to explain your xmen LE comment?

I would love to, but I have no idea what the meaning of it is. I have never seen or played an X-Men pin

#468 12 months ago
Quoted from davebowman:

I would love to, but I have no idea what the meaning of it is. I have never seen or played an X-Men pin

Kaneda, you can knock it off any time now. No one is buying this BS.

#469 12 months ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Can't understand why this kaneda account has not been frozen yet.

#470 12 months ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Can't understand why this kaneda account has not been frozen yet.

I think his name is Dave Bowman.

#471 12 months ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

There should be some sort of punishment in place, when caught being so vocal & wrong at the same time. That is the cocksureness that is the bane of this forum. I told Robin the same. If you ever found out that I wasn't Kaneda, you would just be silent and ride it out. That's the problem with users on this forum. You never doubt yourself for one second. It hasn't even occurred to you that you could be wrong. Your mind is too small and weak.

#472 12 months ago
Quoted from davebowman:

There should be some sort of punishment in place, when caught being so vocal & wrong at the same time. That is the cocksureness that is the bane of this forum. I told Robin the same. If ever found out that I wasn't Kaneda, you would just be silent and ride it out. That's the problem with users on this forum. You never doubt yourself for one second. It hasn't even occurred to you that you could be wrong. Your mind is too small and weak.

Go away

#473 12 months ago

I did try to get banned, I asked Robin to ban me. But he PM'ed me that he would like me to stay. He is more than welcome to ban me at ANY time he sees fit! That goes for all moderators! If your suspicions get the better of you, please go ahead. Better safe than sorry, right?

/Nicholas

#474 12 months ago

Pass the popcorn please

#475 12 months ago

I can't believe so many people are SO affected by Kaneda

#476 12 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Pass the popcorn please

Making more, want extra butter?

#477 12 months ago
Quoted from davebowman:

There should be some sort of punishment in place, when caught being so vocal & wrong at the same time. That is the cocksureness that is the bane of this forum. I told Robin the same. If you ever found out that I wasn't Kaneda, you would just be silent and ride it out. That's the problem with users on this forum. You never doubt yourself for one second. It hasn't even occurred to you that you could be wrong. Your mind is too small and weak.

Your reply is all I need. I was positive if I made any remark toward your DaveBowman character you would take the bait to jump all over it.

Congrats!

#478 12 months ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Yes and everybody wants to downvote when they do not want to believe.
I only try to help and educate, and remain impartial towards individuals. I am not a fan of anyone. I don't wish to argue. I am also was not "Dick Thorn" that people here so kindly accused. I did not do the BBB interview for that individual. I did it for many "modern" collectors who asked me to do it. My time is limited.
Some people do not seem to want to understand this straightfoward point.
No agenda, no narcissism, no personal profit.
This applies to this topic regarding AP as well.
People need to stop trying to target people for their frustations, as there is a severe loss of the ability to learn anything productive.

Lol. There's lots of legit podcasts with great reputations... you could create your own podcast... hell, type it out under a thread entitled "Mass Education."

"No personal profit"??? The level of narcissism is over the top.

You're probably a good dude... you obviously want to be heard... you just need to down shift an find other avenues. Another approach. It will work way better for you.

#479 12 months ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Your reply is all I need. I was positive if I made any remark toward your DaveBowman character you would take the bait to jump all over it.
Congrats!

Take the bait?? What? lol.

Just for the fun of it, then. What would you do if you were wrong? Crawl back in into the hole?

#480 12 months ago
Quoted from davebowman:

Take the bait?? What? lol.
Just for the fun of it, then. What would you do if you were wrong? Crawl back in into the hole?

I consider myself a pretty stand up guy. If I was wrong, I know how to apologize. And since we are talking about holes, good luck with the one you have put yourself in.

#481 12 months ago
Quoted from chet218:

It is kind of amusing though, he can play with many pinsiders like puppets on a string. He seems to press all the right buttons.

That way he manages to get the attention he craves every time. Simply ignoring him would make him go away quite quickly.

#482 12 months ago

Of course you consider yourself a stand up guy. Are you also a good and fair person, with the right world views? Of course you are! You're very, very top of the line.

#483 12 months ago

I am so over this...

#484 12 months ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

It is kind of amusing though, he can play with many pinsiders like puppets on a string. He seems to press all the right buttons.
That way he manages to get the attention he craves every time. Simply ignoring him would make him go away quite quickly.

You said it all, dude!

#485 12 months ago
Quoted from davebowman:

You passing on an e-mail from Kaneda so he can spew his nonsense here should be enough to get banned by itself. You sure seem obsessed with him if you are not actually him.

#486 12 months ago

They should change Davebowman's subtitle "Pinside apprentice" to "Pinside Troll". And show his location as "Inside your head"

#487 12 months ago

Pig pile on Bowman! If we don't have Kaneda to kick around we can always invent a new one!

(Unacceptable image removed)

#488 12 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Pig pile on Bowman! If we don't have Kaneda to kick around we can always invent a new one!

He is already gone:

Capture111 (resized).JPG

#489 12 months ago

Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

#490 12 months ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I'm not sure that anytime is a good time for a picture like this, but with all the unrest lately, I cringed a little when I saw this.

#491 12 months ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Popadiuk

I don't know guys... He does have a pretty press guy. Sounds to me like we are being overly harsh on someone who has contributed so much to our hobby!

#492 12 months ago

Back on subject.... Is anyone local to this event that can get there to play it in person. It's two days away

American-Pinball™ to Launch its First Pinball Machine at the Global Gaming Expo in Las Vegas on September 26th

#493 12 months ago
Quoted from chet218:

Why not?

Look at the average number of listens he gets per episode...Now compare that to the average number of pinsiders/guests on pinside at any given time.

Think its a coincidence that both of those numbers are about 600 on average?

Bunch of closet listeners we all are...

#494 12 months ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Popadiuk
I don't know guys... He does have a pretty press guy. Sounds to me like we are being overly harsh on someone who has contributed so much to our hobby!

Wow the Wikipedia is already updated with the American pinball stuff

#495 12 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He is already gone:

36 posts of pure Pinside gold. One thread started, one thread locked. 21 thumbs up, 77 thumbs down. 6 days to shine in the sun. It's better to burn out, than fade away.

#496 12 months ago

Hmmm.....

9. . There's another scandal crazier than this that's about to rock the pinball hobby

Anyone care to share?

#497 12 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Hmmm.....
9. . There's another scandal crazier than this that's about to rock the pinball hobby
Anyone care to share?

Cry for attention probably.

gaga (resized).jpg

#498 12 months ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Bunch of closet listeners we all are...

Not a closet listener, highly enjoyable!

#499 12 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Cry for attention probably.

I normally would agree completely. But I've heard whispers about this comment from others, but no one is talking.

#500 12 months ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

but no one is talking.

Me either.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Of course I don't know anything either.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
There are 3139 posts in topic. You are on page 10 of 64.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.