20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#809 3 years ago

I’m in on a LE. My buddy ordered it but I traded a couple of pins towards it. Excited to get it. If we love it I will keep it and sell something else. If not, I’ll be selling it for my brother potc

I’m excited to play it. Ritchie is always hit or miss for us but I played the pro and that was fun

#815 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

LZ will be more fun than POTC and this is coming from a POTC owner.

Cool, well the it might have to be something else I sell

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Anyone else add a shaker only to find out it's kinda pointless?
Subwoofer was definitely a good upgrade.

No, but being the owner of the last three releases. The shaker integration usually doesn’t get good until the later code

#859 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Le's on the line, cant seem to forward link tho,,

Yep, can only take a screen shot and the video blacks out

B215E5E6-2F63-493C-8A9C-D137B402BE64 (resized).pngB215E5E6-2F63-493C-8A9C-D137B402BE64 (resized).png
#889 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone hear anything yet about LE’s shipping out?
Can’t imagine it taking more than 7-10 days for Stern to crank all 500 out at their current production rate.

Pre covid with all lines running full steam someone told me they can do 112 pins a day on a average. I’d think your probably right and we should see some soon.

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Accessories available on Stern site now, glad I ordered the topper with the machine, it’s sold out.

Some places have them but I’m sure it will sell out in no time. It’s a cool topper

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/led-zeppelin-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7130-00/

Little shop shows in stock so if folks want one I’d order it

#939 3 years ago

Local radio station was talking up LZ pinball. Calling it the greatest pin ever. A lot of hype outside of the pinball world on this one

#1121 3 years ago

Getting mine next week! I love the blue. Sold aiq le for this one! Cant wait

#1123 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I have Led Zep LE and AIQ LE showing up soon. Pumped!

Aiq le is fun. I’ll get premium in the summer most likely

#1144 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone getting their game today?

not me, it’s taking forever

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

One more accounted for. Mirrored backglass is stunning. No need to change the powder coat. The blue is beautiful. And...it is fun. Really fun!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love that blue and the art on it!

#1217 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

My LE arrived too... but FedEx says they are booked solid and cannot deliver until next Friday.

If you have a truck go pick it up

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from Boomshockalocka:

Number 31. My daughter didn’t want the machine, after playing it she said wow that is fun. It’s been entertaining so far, like it more than I thought I would.
[quoted image]

Nice....I’m jealous seeing all these pics. I can’t wait to get mine. Tomorrow I get potc so that will hold me over until LZ LE

#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

Yup, I know where the hub is... not too far. Unfortunately I have been planning to get a truck but I don't have one right now, so I am going to have to wait.
At least it's better than what happened when my GNR LE was on its way - it arrived to LA then there was a "dispatching mistake" that sent it on a week long trek around 5 states before it was sent back to the hub and then delivered to me. FedEx was having a hard time right before the Holidays - I guess they have not quite recovered yet.

Yikes, that’s crazy. Patience right lol?

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from Boomshockalocka:

did it several times today and also hit icarus through the spinner. Hitting icarus without the magic spinner up often sends it Sdtm.

Eh, that’s a Ritchie pin for you.

Hopefully it’s not as unforgiving as Star wars

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Obviously off theme, but something like this, where the doors open as the ball passes underneath. I'm trying to think what would go with Zeppelin. There are not a lot of moving parts on this game so a simple moving mod somewhere on this game would certainly add to the toy factor.
[quoted image]

I wish the blimp had a physical ball lock like Elvira. Would be pretty awesome!!

#1383 3 years ago

I guess I don’t understand how they didn’t find an issue with the spinner until shipping LEs. They obviously played a model with the spinner. Did they change the BOM or something for the production pins? I know it’s small but seems like
Something so easy to get right. Every new stern I get they find some issue after shipping. It would be nice if they discovered it during QA and let us know it’s a potential issue.

#1536 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone else get notice of their premium coming soon? I saw one was delivered, waiting to hear on mine... I was a day 1 order so hoping to get news ASAP!

Someone posted on Facebook they already received it

#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

I agree with you. But why is it completely different in this pic? This is a picture taken by stern techs.
[quoted image]

The guy who took a pic a page back is like my beatles and yours. It’s not like sterns. I think you need to bend the right arm to 90 degrees. It looks like it was bent out a bit. My drawing is 90 but my Beatles doesn’t have an angle out. It’s 90 to a 90

33265448-5527-469B-B6F0-4AAAB80A1F16 (resized).jpeg33265448-5527-469B-B6F0-4AAAB80A1F16 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1673 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

This is all that came in goodie bag.
[quoted image]

Man, that’s kind of skimpy

#1738 3 years ago

Still waiting on my LE. Can’t wait to get it but this spinner issue is kind of bumming me out. Hopefully I get lucky and my works great or it’s just one and done.

Tmnt Le i spent 5 hours fixing that diverter. I had my brother over to play it and we didn’t even get to that night. Aiq le was a leveling issue but I only had to adjust it a few times then it worked great.

I don’t mind adjusting things but seems like the issue keeps happening to a lot of folks

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Showoff!! Haha, I hit my highest score yet on ball 2 then the damn spinner fell off and I had to shut game off. No where near 2 bill tho

Change it so you have ball save if you open the door. Then you can open the door and let it drain to fix it

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

i like this stuff- DuPont dry teflon chain lube. It dries quickly and doesnt pick up any dirt. I apply it with a hypodermic needle.
amazon.com link »

Ordered just in case my spinner is jacked up

#1902 3 years ago

Getting my LE on Thursday! Yippee!

#1929 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

I went with Avengers Pro but LZ LE. Love my Avengers Pro and makes me wonder if i needed the LE version of LZ. I haven't played the LZ Pro but I think I'd like it just as much. The 3rd flipper ramp is not satisfying partly because it is very difficult to hit but also the way the ball rolls up so fast you miss it in a blink. And if we ignore the issues with the magic spinner, it still creates a drain risk in the middle of the playfield. there is some disruption in flow from the magic spinner that some players won't like. it depends on personal preference but think the Pro is probably a really good value.

The pro flow definitely is worse because it’s a hard shot as well with the third flipper and if you hit it all it does is hit a target then roll down. Totally kills the flow. Le/prem with the ramp atleast continues the flow if you hit it. They should of done an inner loop on the pro to keep the flow then it would be more of a debate. I don’t think the pro isnt selling very well. A lot of stock out there from dealers which you didn’t see on tmnt and aiq

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

i might be in the minority (and haven't played a premium/le), but I really like the pro. Yeah the upper flipper leaves a lot to be desired, but the game shoots really well otherwise. maybe some day I'll trade up to a premium, but for now I am pretty happy with it.

I thought the pro was fun still with just didn’t care for that third flipper shot. The ramps were awesome the all the other shots were enjoyable

#2035 3 years ago

Finally, number 94 in the house!

1A408349-EDD6-41B0-9B79-017D52748CDD (resized).jpeg1A408349-EDD6-41B0-9B79-017D52748CDD (resized).jpegB3D8207E-669A-4C18-AFD5-DE63F6074343 (resized).jpegB3D8207E-669A-4C18-AFD5-DE63F6074343 (resized).jpeg
#2067 3 years ago

Well 35 games and no issues with the spinner. Great flow on this game but I need to understand the rules better. Doesn’t really feel like it incorporates the theme to the play so maybe if I look up the rule set it will. Right now, I feel like I’m listening to LZ and playing pinball but it’s fun

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That is why I feel like they need to make these tour modes standout from one another with some tour specific stuff on the screen.
It would integrate what your doing with the modes(tours) with the band(theme) etc...
The EM multiball should get some more stuff added as well otherwise just feels like the others.
That aspect feels a little generic at the moment but we are only at .93 so hopefully this gets the needed polish.
This is deep in the weeds picky stuff but it’s what required to take it to the next level.
Great playing game though either way.
If you haven’t seen this give it a read
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Led-Zeppelin-Rulesheet.pdf

Thanks, I’ll look it over

#2134 3 years ago

My LE is growing on me now. First couple games I really didn’t enjoy but I didn’t understand the rules. It’s getting better though now that I’m playing it more. Still not in love but feeling better about buying it. My wife and I plan to play it a bunch this weekend. Should be fun

#2170 3 years ago

I’m starting to get a good feel for that third flipper ramp. At first I thought it was way to hard to hit but now I do it pretty often and it feels great. More I play this the happier I am. I’m glad I didn’t buy my buddys pro which was also a fun shooter when I played it

#2200 3 years ago

70 plays on my LE and no issues thank goodness. We played it a lot over the weekend. IMDN is our favorite music pin we own but LZ is gaining some traction.

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else get the occasional right orbit shit that rather than going into the lock or pops actually goes all the way around and comes out left side?
I’ve had this happen maybe 5-10 times in 150 games played or so.

I believe I have and I thought that was by design

#2236 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m not sure since there is a gate

Ok, I just looked at mine and I thought you meant the left to the right with the gate that does lift.

I haven’t done it the other way

#2239 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve had it happen going right to left. Can’t see it happen but I’m wondering if it bounces off the scoop and somehow gets behind the gate.
Gate always seems to be in proper position and not up.
Odd and it surprises you when the ball comes flying around the left side.

Yeah, very weird and for it to keep its momentum. It must get stuck up to be able to do it. Maybe take the glass off and flip it. See if it sticks every once in a while

#2242 3 years ago

Yeah, I actually try to avoid getting it raised as ones it does than that’s all you can really do. I think I might make it harder to get in settings. I will check that out tonight

#2258 3 years ago

I hope this code brings lz to the next level. Still something not clicking with us and I want this to be a keeper

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really? What doesn’t feel right for you?

Music connected to the play. Feels like I’m listening to LZ on the radio while playing a fun shooting pin. Sounds like the light show is getting more interactive now which will help

The thing I enjoyed about Alice Cooper as the monster you fought was to a song and it kind of brought play together.

IMDN is picking a song too but as you spell Eddie and shoot up the middle it plays the song for that mode and each mode/song has unique rules. IMDN is our favorite pin

Right now on LZ I can hit the right ramp and start a tour but it stays on the song I am playing unless I’m just not paying attention. IMDN makes a big deal when you start the mode. Lz seems to move quick to start then I’m just shooting lights

#2273 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Have you read the rulesheet? There has never been a game that's connected to the music as much as this game. The shots actually change with each section of the song (verse, chorus, bridge, solo). It's pretty amazing. If you haven't checked out the rulesheet, read all 11 pages. You'll be glad you did.

I have and maybe I need to adjust my sound on but Here is how i feel.

it’s literally picking a song at the beginning and then hitting the shots it lights. I know it’s more than that but keeping it simple. then you beat a song and you select another and do the same thing. Sometimes I don’t even realize I beat a song so I have to look to see if it’s highlighted or I’ll play it again. As I try to beat songs I end up getting the magic spinner multiple times when I don’t want to and the other multiballs. It just all runs together for me.

Maybe I need to print the rules and just focus on each song and try to really dig in. I don’t know but like it said it’s not clicking.

IMDN, I light Eddie and then I’m off on a mode. Very cut and dry. Each mode has unique animations, some are multiballs and others are just hitting lights. I can’t play the same song/mode if I already beat it. Mummy multiball I spell mummy, the soldier multiball I hit the drop target but rarely do I get these unless I am trying to get them.

#2280 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I highly recommend going into settings and move the EM difficulty up one notch harder. You'll still get the EM spinner but not nearly as often.

Ok, tonight I’ll do it. My spinner works awesome but when it pops up multiple times on the same ball it’s gets old and no longer fun to shoot because it’s just in the way.

I’m downloading the new code now so once i update I adjust the settings

#2324 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Got a few games in on the new code. I like the new "jingling" sound to let you know when you have made it to 5 gold records. Getting to Platinum is now slightly easier. I made it to Mothership MB for the first time, but I got way too excited and started bricking every shot, drained out and scored only 5.5 million from the mode. The graphics on the screen at the beginning of Mothership were incredible.
Anyway, I just got my 2nd best score at 801M.

Yea, new code is much better. Just that little jingle made me like it 10 times more. Like I said in my earlier posts. It’s been like listening to lz and playing a fun shooting pin. Now they tell you that you beat the song and it switches to the next of you start a new ball. Might be a keeper after all

#2337 3 years ago

Mine has some small dents starting. I need to work to level it better. It’s close but still a little off on a spot or two.

The goodie bag was so pathetic hopefully they had that plastic to the new builds. I’ll probably ask some new one too just so I have it

#2340 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've only had 3 issues with stern, lz, maiden and munsters. I've always tried the ask nice approach instead of demanding or being pissed off and I've been successful all 3 times, maiden was a node board, after warranty expired. I hear lots of people on different threads saying they never heard back from Stern, so just my 2 cents

They are super hit or miss and I’ve owned a lot of sterns. Chaz was responsive but I still had some issues with getting my stuff after approval. my new issues have been really bad response after the Initial email. I’ve had a few with my new ones and I just stopped emailing them. I actually have a guy i know who routes them so he has an inside contact that gets me things quick but i have to order and pay for them. Small things like decals or art blades that probably would be covered as it’s their issue on why they were damaged. Sucks because I’m buying LEs a lot of times but I guess I’m small potatoes to them otherwise they would respond

#2342 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its hard to understand why stern handles these issues the way they do. I've owned 13 sterns in last 4 years, been lucky I guess.

Yeah, you have been. I’m still waiting on a couple of playfield resolutions, a light issue on BKSOR. Pins I don’t own anymore and I’ve bought pretty much every pin they have made in the last 4 years. Sometimes different models of them. Only a few I haven’t and that’s because my brother owned them.

Jjp I get really good response but I don’t want to turn this into a bashing thread so I’ll leave it be. I like sterns. They make some really fun pins

#2346 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Dealing with a problematic left slingshot that doesn’t appear to be leaf switch issue.
While I had it opened up I decided to have a look at the ? Wizard mode.
I’ll just say the pre mode display stuff is cool but unfortunately more of the same type of gameplay.
I sure hope they spend a couple dollars for another song, otherwise if 10 is it I would have rather had 9 main gameplay songs and the 10th is your encore or wizard mode. Oh well.
Now if I can figure out this sling.

Dang, did you atleast get a grand champion score on your way to getting the final wizard mode?

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Because my machine wasn’t working right I f’ed around with the glass off and no I shut it off because I cheated. Didn’t want the score logged.
I’m partly disappointed that I can’t get this sling figured out and partly disappointed that there wasn’t something more to the wizard during the actual gameplay.

What’s the issue? Sling isn’t registering?

#2353 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Doesn’t fire. Leaf switches seem fine, when rubber is bumped both close and look identical to right side.
I tested both coils with machine off for ohms and are the same.
What should I look at to dig deeper?

When you test the coil does it fire? Sounds like you did everything but run a coil test

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

See if the coil fires in test mode. Remember that door must be closed.

or he can pull that interlock switch out so it works with the door open

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

should i take it off the pallet and lay it on its side to bring home or remove from the pallet after i get home to unload,almost time to go pickup

What ever works for you. I usually lay it down on the truck from this side because i don’t have any help. One time I had them load it with the pallet and I had to move it to the tail gate, then lay it down to pull off since I don’t have a fork lift at home

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Got her set up today and she’s already BFFs with GNR. Totally different playing games that compliment each other nicely.
This game, however, is just stupid fun! I love everything about it.
My EM spinner feels like it rips for ages after I slapped some zoom oil on it. So many combos... every shot feels great. Animation package is stellar btw!
[quoted image]

Getting my gnr se tomorrow. Can’t wait to put it in with LZ

#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I found a LZ premium for a decent price but don't exactly love LZ music. Is the code & gameplay looking like a winner so far if your not the biggest LZ fan?

what’s a decent price?

It’s a very good shooter like Spider-Man or Star Trek

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You have to read the rulesheet that Stern put out. I've read it, and I still can't get gold records for some reason.

I got to the mini wizard mode yesterday just hitting the lights to the songs and knocking them out. After so many you get a record. 5 records go to the next songs. The new code tells
You now when you complete a song and I believe if the song ends it automatically starts the next song for you if you haven’t hit the upper lock to change it.

My score wasn’t crazy, it was 350M but my highest yet

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I see those too, and one guy on here is selling his le. I think if youre not a lz fan you might not like this game. Same way I feel about Rick and morty. Never seen the show, and I've played the pin and didn't like it. Pretty sure ours is bolted down

It’s me selling, I won’t be hurt if it doesn’t sell as I enjoy it but my kids are not fans and either is my wife. She is cool if we keep it although we do play pins together multiple times a week. If she doesn’t want to play something it usually sells. Gnr she loves, LZ she just can’t get into so figured I’ll see what options are out there but I’ll be picky.

#2695 3 years ago

They need to make a plastic protector that stop you from whacking the center of the spinner as it lowers or raises. Or something that comes across the front to stop that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happy81724.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=happy81724 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.