20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 194.
#1651 3 years ago

Spinner arms should always be double 90 degrees. Someone keeps mentioning 45 degrees which would really be jacked up. LOL

#1652 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

#17 in the house! The Saia warehouse, that is. Waited all day and got nothing. Called them at 4:30 and they said they were "going to give me a courtesy call" at 5 (after waiting all day) to say the delivery had been pushed to Monday. Can I come pick it up? Nope. It's already locked on the delivery truck for Monday.
Congrats to all who got theirs...I'm jealous.
If anybody needs me, I'll be in the kitchen with my head in the oven.

Ughhhh

#1653 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

The guy who took a pic a page back is like my beatles and yours. It’s not like sterns. I think you need to bend the right arm to 90 degrees. It looks like it was bent out a bit. My drawing is 90 but my Beatles doesn’t have an angle out. It’s 90 to a 90 [quoted image][quoted image]

This pic was after a few games showing how bent up it gets.

#1654 3 years ago

Spread the bracket a bit. Little bit of oil. Spins like crazy, but comes to rest horizontally now. Any ideas?

#1655 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Spread the bracket a bit. Little bit of oil. Spins like crazy, but comes to rest horizontally now. Any ideas?

Lead tape bottom edge...lol! Joking of course.

Such a simple mech, what a headache.

#1656 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I turned my spinner around 2 games ago. Seems to be working. Let’s see what happens later tonight

#1657 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin is in the house. The game definitely looks better in person. I adjusted the spiner before playing any games and haven't had any problems with it. I saw someone post a picture and said that they weren't having any problems but looking at the picture I think it needs more play in it. I have been bashing the shit out of it all day. The glass is nice and tight awesome no rattle even when the shaker motor is at full. I wish all my games were like this. The call outs completely stuck. Steve Richie please do an alternate call out with your own voice and make it selectable in the opinion menu. Otherwise I am enjoying this super fast game. I will post a picture of my spiner.

20210205_134055 (resized).jpg20210205_134055 (resized).jpg
#1658 3 years ago

Spiner

20210205_191509 (resized).jpg20210205_191509 (resized).jpg
#1659 3 years ago

A lot of people have been ripping on this game, but I got my LE in yesterday and honestly I think its pretty awesome. The game is fast as lightning, the layout is incredible. I do think they should have done something other than the rainbow look on the side of the head to break it up some. The games art is way better in person than viewing pictures online. I think most of the negativity comes from the obvious comparison to GNR. Stern and JJP are two different companies and make two totally different style of games. I think when you compare it to another Stern game for example Avengers you see the game different. To me Led Zeppelin is a much better game than Avengers by far with a ton more effort put into the overall theme integration. Kudos to Steve Richie on this one! Don't listen to the naysayers on Zep the game is incredible!

IMG_4005 (resized).jpgIMG_4005 (resized).jpgIMG_4006 (resized).jpgIMG_4006 (resized).jpgIMG_4008 (resized).jpgIMG_4008 (resized).jpg

#1660 3 years ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

If you are having problems with your magic spinner mech, read this before sticking pliers into your beautiful new machine. I was just having a conversation with PinStadium and the topic of the problematic spinner came up. He found a solution that doesn't involve any tools and at least in our cases, totally fixed the problem. He has given me permission to post his solution here:
"The fix for the spinner is that it was put on wrong at the factory. I tried the plier trick posted by Steve Ritchie but it only works for a game or two. I figured it out and flipped it over. Rotate it 180 degrees by just pinching in the outside legs to release it so you can move and rotate it. After rotating it you'll notice the number is upside down on the target decal. That's the way it will look after you fix it unfortunately but oh well, it rips like crazy now and I hope that helps you. You can do it without removing the top plastic cover even. You don't need any tools just push those legs inward with your fingers on each side and it will come out. Then squeeze it when you put it back in (rotated 180 degrees from original) one side at a time"

I tried all the other fixes, no more binding. But it would stop horizontally. Reversed as you suggested, all working great now. Does not make sense, but I'll take it. Going to play a bunch tonight and tmrw so will see how it goes. Thanks

#1661 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I tried all the other fixes, no more binding. But it woukd stop horizontally. Reversed as you suggested, all working great now. Does not make sense, but I'll take it. Going to play a bunch tonight and tmrw so will see how it goes. Thanks

You able to post a picture of the reversed orientation?
Is only downside the decal?

#1662 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Ya, let me get the tractor back in game room to pull the glass and I'll get a pic

#1663 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, let me get the tractor back in game room to pull the glass and I'll get a pic

lol...at
Least we don’t have to worry about it vibrating with our shakers and woofers!

Shakers, woofers and rockin f’ing roll! Lol

#1664 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

A lot of people have been ripping on this game, but I got my LE in yesterday and honestly I think its pretty awesome. The game is fast as lightning, the layout is incredible. I do think they should have done something other than the rainbow look on the side of the head to break it up some. The games art is way better in person than viewing pictures online. I think most of the negativity comes from the obvious comparison to GNR. Stern and JJP are two different companies and make two totally different style of games. I think when you compare it to another Stern game for example Avengers you see the game different. To me Led Zeppelin is a much better game than Avengers by far with a ton more effort put into the overall theme integration. Kudos to Steve Richie on this one! Don't listen to the naysayers on Zep the game is incredible!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful room!!

#1665 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks like that’s the only downside. Stickers suck anyway. Will put on some nice hologram ones when someone designs. Crazy the designers couldn’t figure out the spinner was backwards. Pinside is a great place!!!

#1666 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Looks like that’s the only downside. Stickers suck anyway. Will put on some nice hologram ones when someone designs. Crazy the designers couldn’t figure out the spinner was backwards. Pinside is a great place!!!

There are spare spinner decals in goodie bag correct?
If it bugs you swap them and get more from Stern.

#1667 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If you lay your head nearly on the glass you can see upside down 61. Not a concern at all

20210205_174430 (resized).jpg20210205_174430 (resized).jpg
#1668 3 years ago

Only down side is on first hit on spinner, you fill meter, so it will lock ball. Later in game it gets harder to fill meter

#1669 3 years ago

Curious, those who are having to deal with FedEx and other shippers delays/headaches do your distributors not deliver? Too far from a distributor? My distro brought mine the minute it arrived at his warehouse.

#1670 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you lay your head nearly on the glass you can see upside down 61. Not a concern at all
[quoted image]

So the 61 is backwards but isn’t the graphic correct?

#1671 3 years ago
Quoted from EMDude:

Curious, those who are having to deal with FedEx and other shippers delays/headaches do your distributors not deliver? Too far from a distributor? My distro brought mine the minute it arrived at his warehouse.

Mine is in Chesapeake, Va now but won't be here in Corolla
until Tuesday- it's about 2 hours away. Larger truckers usually contract small firms to away areas like Corolla and that might not be but once a week. UPS and FedEx tend to do the whole route and are faster but my game was shipped by a lesser known shipper.

#1672 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There are spare spinner decals in goodie bag correct?
If it bugs you swap them and get more from Stern.

This is all that came in goodie bag.

E4C42486-76A5-424C-A929-08DC0345F08A (resized).jpegE4C42486-76A5-424C-A929-08DC0345F08A (resized).jpeg
#1673 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

[quoted image]

Man, that’s kind of skimpy

#1674 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Mine is in Chesapeake, Va now but won't be here in Corolla
until Tuesday- it's about 2 hours away. Larger truckers usually contract small firms to away areas like Corolla and that might not be but once a week. UPS and FedEx tend to do the whole route and are faster but my game was shipped by a lesser known shipper.

I'll be down there in August for my annual family vacation. I guess I'll get to play this at Flippers (It better be open this year!)

#1675 3 years ago

One more thing I've noticed in response to earlier criticism of not having any sweepable targets. You can sweep led. I've done it several times as has my better half

#1676 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'll be down there in August for my annual family vacation. I guess I'll get to play this at Flippers (It better be open this year!)

Flippers is reopen for pinball. You don't pay by the game anymore but get a wrist thingy. $5 for one hour, $9 for two
Hours, $15 all day.
Of course I'm retired here so any vacationer's are welcome to stop by.

#1677 3 years ago

Got the email from my distributor that they received my game today and will be delivering it tomorrow. They said it would be here at 5:30 and later called and said that they moved a few deliveries around and I will be getting it at 1:00pm.

can't wait

#1678 3 years ago

Hey guys. Just got an LE home thanks to a really cool Pinside member that answered my wanted ad and sold me his LE. Love it so far. Only thing I saw that looks curious is this clear plastic that sits really close to the side art. In fact I was too afraid to pull up the playfield to have a look at the undercarriage for fear of scratching the side blades. Will likely remove it first. Anyone else have it this close?

AC83E87F-6076-4403-A004-4D3E35B8B50D (resized).jpegAC83E87F-6076-4403-A004-4D3E35B8B50D (resized).jpeg
#1679 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

[quoted image]

Really?

That has to be the least amount of extras ever from Stern.

#1680 3 years ago

Tip on removing top of spinner. Don't back screw out all the way ,loosen until you can pull it off in one piecs. There are 4 tiny o- rings on the bottom that fall off if you remove screws. 1 must of rolled clear to the flippers, took awhile to find. If you leave screws in the o- rings stay attached to bottom threads

#1681 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really?
That has to be the least amount of extras ever from Stern.

Nah, it’s a crapshoot with Stern. The original Batman 66 LE’s literally came with nothing. Even at the record high price point (record back then anyway).

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hey guys. Just got an LE home thanks to a really cool Pinside member that answered my wanted ad and sold me his LE. Love it so far. Only thing I saw that looks curious is this clear plastic that sits really close to the side art. In fact I was too afraid to pull up the playfield to have a look at the undercarriage for fear of scratching the side blades. Will likely remove it first. Anyone else have it this close?
[quoted image]

Just loosen the screws push the plastic further in and re- tighten whilst holding.

Btw, you guys should change those ball lock LED’s to frosted - would look so much better.

#1683 3 years ago

I don't see any key posts, does that mean there is nothing wrong with the game?
no tweaks... nothing?

#1684 3 years ago

Just spinner so far. Otherwise pretty awesome

#1685 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

[quoted image]

Mine has some clearance.

1E00491A-D15B-49FF-842C-FFD5F6C1F807 (resized).jpeg1E00491A-D15B-49FF-842C-FFD5F6C1F807 (resized).jpeg

DBF030F9-0D63-439E-BB3C-ADACB1B3CE4D (resized).jpegDBF030F9-0D63-439E-BB3C-ADACB1B3CE4D (resized).jpeg
#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

[quoted image]

WTF?

#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

[quoted image]

Get the side art protectors that you drop in when you lift the playfield.

#1688 3 years ago

I received my Led Zeppelin LE a few days ago and have gotten some good time on it. Can I just say how amazing this game truly is. I played it for hours the first night until my hands hurt. Here are some of my thoughts...Upon opening I inspected the spinner mech and looked for proper spacing with spinner. It actually looked really good and so I really just took my fingers and tried to bend the support brackets out a little(really did not need it) and then I placed a few drops of Tri-Flow super lubricant to the spinner legs for good measure. I have not had one issue with the spinner and it rips! No spinner issues here after several hundred games. This game is simply amazing and I am really impressed and satisfied with my purchase. The music is over the top awesome and really has you rocking. Now for the layout, it is one of the most fun layouts I have ever played. The ramp shots and EM spinner make this game unique and fun. The right ramp(like TFTC) is super fast and satisfying. It is like a blink of an eye how fast the ball returns to flippers. The sound is pretty good. I like to crank it up and I had mine at 58 for sound level. I did experience a few crackling sounds at higher levels and when the songs are over it is almost too loud(need an external volume control). I do want it slightly higher for mids and treble and may see what I can do to improve the sound? Trying to get the glass off was near impossible. It is a new thicker invis-glass and you can tell how much beefier it is from standard glass. Well they did not change their plastic channels so it makes it really difficult to remove and put back on. What do I think of the thick invisiglass-meh barely notice the difference. I have a sheet of JJP invisiglass on one my machines and it truly looks invisible. Sterns glass does not appear to have the same level of quality. I could take it or leave it because I really do not see a big difference? If you are going to add thicker glass-change your plastic channels to accommodate. One thing I love about Stern machines are the tight snappy flippers. Nothing plays like a Stern when it comes to the precise snappy flippers. Led Zeppelin is no different and the snappy flipper response combined with excellent layout make this machine super fun to flip. The mirrored backglass is absolutely stunning. The whole machine is stunning and I can just say that the pictures really do not do this machine justice, and it is amazing in person. While I was waiting for my machine to arrive I guess I had too much time on my hands. All I could think about was ways of trying to change or improve things before my game arrived. Well once it arrived it was really almost perfect and most of the things I wanted to change actually look good. One thing was I wanted to add a light for Electric Magic Spinner-no need it has one up above that shines down. Then spinner replacement decal, I wanted a holographic Icarus but then noticed the left spinner already has an Icarus and it might be overkill adding another one? The current spinner decal with Zeppelin art does match the center playfield art and does actually tie in well. I still may put a generic holographic one on but I am not sure? Also the instruction cards look good and are different from the Pro cards I originally saw. The LE cards do have the ocean color on bottom and really do match the art. I could add Icarus in middle but not that big of a deal. I love the sounds of drums for pops and entering your initials. Makes me wonder if they could do a cool drum mode with smart button? The smart button is actually used to select modes so it is not completely worthless. Playfield looks really good and clear looks excellent. I am seeing a lot of scratches and impact marks already in sections where there is black background. You see everything in black, and got me thinking that I need to wax with blitz and order some better balls to help reduce the wear. Also going to add some mylar to shooter-the shooter eject is very strong and will mangle shooter lane quickly. Overall I am on cloud nine and am very happy with our purchase. The best part is the whole family is liking this game. My children like it and my wife said " I think Led Zeppelin LE is my new favorite game!"

GEDC6346.JPGGEDC6346.JPG
#1689 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Decal from Amazon

Do you have a link to the Decals (4 symbols) ?

Thanks in advance...

#1690 3 years ago

Also loving the English guy for call-outs-fits perfect and reminds me of my Rolling Stones.

Also animations-kick ass!

Was trying to think what I do not like about the game? All I could think of was I do not like the exposed wires on right ramp optos. Seems silly but wish they would have tucked them in better, used more shrink wrap?

GEDC6359.JPGGEDC6359.JPG
#1691 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Also loving the English guy for call-outs-fits perfect and reminds me of my Rolling Stones.
Was trying to think what I do not like about the game? All I could think of was I do not like the exposed wires on right ramp optos. Seems silly but wish they would have tucked them in better, used more shrink wrap?

Anything you think needs polish?

Earlier this week they announced we will be getting another update soon.

#1692 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anything you think needs polish?
Earlier this week they announced we will be getting another update soon.

Honestly, this game has exceeded my expectations and I feel it really is a masterpiece(code is even solid for launch).

When my only complaint is some exposed wires-that speaks volumes

#1693 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Mine has some clearance.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks. I was able to fix the issue. I pulled on that entire assembly and it moved over by a good amount. All looks perfect now.

#1694 3 years ago
Quoted from BruketFans:

Do you have a link to the Decals (4 symbols) ?
Thanks in advance...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008S1PGU2

If you get a decal. Move it forward or up a bit farther than where I put mine. I lost the bottom edge of Plants logo, because underbelly of the Zeppelin is open. No big deal, just letting you know

#1695 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Was trying to think what I do not like about the game? All I could think of was I do not like the exposed wires on right ramp optos. Seems silly but wish they would have tucked them in better, used more shrink wrap?[quoted image]

The hermit is pretty awesome, first thing I put in. Did you do the rgb ramp light? Its a must, looks perfect!

#1696 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The hermit is pretty awesome, first thing I put in. Did you do the rgb ramp light? Its a must, looks perfect!

The Hermit is a must for this game. If you do not have one contact Rob at Ler mods, he did a fantastic job creating it. I am slowly working on my mods, got the stomach flu and have been praising the porcelain god the last day or so.

https://lermods.com/

#1697 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Honestly, this game has exceeded my expectations and I feel it really is a masterpiece(code is even solid for launch).
When my only complaint is some exposed wires-that speaks volumes

Thanks for the detailed review! I am getting excited as the check has been cashed for my LZ premium.

One thing I always do when exposed wires like that bother me. Just take a black sharpie and black out the wires. You'll almost never see them again! Just leave a small portion near the connector with the colors remaining. That way if you ever have to do any work in that area you'll know which wires go where.

#1698 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The Hermit is a must for this game. If you do not have one contact Rob at Ler Mods, he did a fantastic job creating it. I am slowly working on my mods, got the stomach flu and have been praising the porcelain god the last day or so.

Naw, you're not sick just too excited over an excellent game. Far exceeded my expectations from all the early negative buzz.

#1699 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just take a black sharpie and black out the wires.

That is a great idea, if I could paint them black and tuck them in a little they would not look so bad.

#1700 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Naw, you're not sick just too excited over an excellent game

What really sucked was being too sick to even play it. I stared at it for a day while I sipped water with ice chunks trying not to vomit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,657 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.