IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 193.
#3751 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Spinner flipped; installed BallBaron carbon steel balls day 1; replaced them to see if it was the issue and no such luck. This was not an issue until 1.01 and 1.02. Before these releases life was perfect.

It's gotta be a coding issue since I see it more (or only) during certain songs.

#3752 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

By my count, there's at least 3 or 4 people at this point. Pablo has sent the video on to engineering to take a look at. He said from what he sees, the ball is getting "held" by the spinner, which doesn't allow it to move enough to trigger the opto. But we'll see how this progresses. The only thing I can think of is that this happens because I flipped my spinner. I'm wondering if the other people with this problem flipped theirs.

I had the issue with an older code, and after latest update, no issues. I’ve done nothing to spinner other than giving it some Teflon lube before playing. No spinner issues.

#3753 2 years ago

I highly recommend John I's Led Zep Jimmy Page's Double Neck Guitar w/Marshall Stack mod. Super impressed! This a super high-quality mod. This mod really adds life to that empty space as well as hides that ugly gate bracket! It looks fantastic and fits in with the theme so well that it would look bare without it. It just belongs there. Plus, super easy to install with the added fasteners with his mod kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1312-space-coast-pinball/04896-deluxe-guitar-and-zoso-amplifier-mod-for-led-zeppelin
20210329_124335 (resized).jpg20210329_124335 (resized).jpg

#3754 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

Unfortunately, I'm stuck at the office, but my Premium gets delivered in about an hour! I cant wait to see what numbers the wife posts by the time I get home. Great to be able to join this club.

Now time to learn the rules!

Built 4/10/21
Delivered 4/20/21

IMG_4293 (resized).jpegIMG_4293 (resized).jpeg
#3755 2 years ago
Quoted from 3DT_PinballParts:

John I's Led Zep Jimmy Page's Double Neck Guitar w/Marshall Stack mod

Can you take a direct photo of this mod? Paint appears to be running (black on Marshall lettering, guitar pick guard, etc).

#3756 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Can you take a direct photo of this mod? Paint appears to be running (black on Marshall lettering, guitar pick guard, etc).

The amplifier stack portion of this mod is 3D printed. I finish them off by spray painting black and then hand painting the Marshall logo and white knobs. The logo letters are very very small so when looked at in detail up close they're not perfect but from the players perspective it looks great.

The guitars are replicas which I actually buy as is. They are made out of wood then painted and clear-coated. They're by far the best replicas in that scale that I could find but once again if you look at them really close they're very nice but not perfect. It's also hard to get a good picture of the mod in the machine because there's so many different lights and reflections.

Personally I have the single neck guitar in my machine. It just a matter of preference I like the way the colors look a little better. Seems to be about 50 50 for people who bought them. I've not received a single complaint from anyone who's bought one.

#3757 2 years ago

Im very pleased with the Space Coast double neck mod. It covers a rather nasty looking area and the detail of amp and guitar are fantastic.

PXL_20210312_194308926 (resized).jpgPXL_20210312_194308926 (resized).jpg
#3758 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Here you go. See if this helps.

20210421_135842 (resized).jpg20210421_135842 (resized).jpg
#3759 2 years ago

Ahh crap I meant to give John I some props on that mod. I went with the Les Paul myself, fantastic work sir.

#3760 2 years ago

I've got the purple diverter and amp from John, fantastic quality. And the free play sticker to cover the seizure warning. Recommend that also

#3761 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's gotta be a coding issue since I see it more (or only) during certain songs.

Which songs are you seeing in, I can try those tonight.

#3762 2 years ago

I feel like I dodged a bullet getting the pro without the EM spinner and all the issues. However I did have Warpy the Playfield, so I guess its a wash

#3763 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I feel like I dodged a bullet getting the pro without the EM spinner and all the issues. However I did have Warpy the Playfield, so I guess its a wash

My em spinner works just fine, no issues, but I upgraded the software before playing.

#3764 2 years ago

I keep hoping I run across a post that says someone got their topper or that its on its way. No such luck and haven't heard anything on mine yet either.

#3765 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I keep hoping I run across a post that says someone got their topper or that its on its way. No such luck and haven't heard anything on mine yet either.

Forget the topper ... I am still waiting for my premium machine ... sometimes living in Canada has its drawbacks.

#3766 2 years ago

Set it up last night and had a little time on it yesterday but had yet to break 100m. Got home today and started Electric Frenzy and before I knew it I had put up a decent score! This game is a fucking BLAST!!!

20210421_164243 (resized).jpg20210421_164243 (resized).jpg
#3767 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Distributor told me he heard they were being made this week, should ship soon

#3768 2 years ago

Crap. After a few hours of play I knocked the spinner out and am not sure which holes it is supposed to go in as it looks different than the old mech mentioned so many times here. I also get a technician alert....

20210421_180505 (resized).jpg20210421_180505 (resized).jpg20210421_181340 (resized).jpg20210421_181340 (resized).jpg20210421_181346 (resized).jpg20210421_181346 (resized).jpg
#3769 2 years ago

Did Stern engineering ever publish an official fix for the spinner's having issues? Seems like they just let the end user figure out their own solve...

rediculous.

#3770 2 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Crap. After a few hours of play I knocked the spinner out and am not sure which holes it is supposed to go in as it looks different than the old mech mentioned so many times here. I also get a technician alert....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

After.a reset the technician alert is gone but the EM spinner keeps rising and falling throughout the game and when I hit the spinner nothing happens.

#3771 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

The spinner is a simple fix. Thought I would post for newbies. NIB repairs can be frustrating. The theory is that the spinner arms need to have a 45 degree bend in them, otherwise the arms rub and cause friction with the holder causing it to not want to come down in its desired position.
1. You can do it with the electric magic top left on or off. I took mine off to perform
2. take some small needle nose pliers and bend the arms back to the 45 degree angle needed. Don't be scared to bend it. I had to do mine a second time because I did NOT bend it far enough the first time, and it started not working again after a couple of games.
3. If you have some spinner lube ( lube the spinner while you are in there. It will also make huge difference in the amount of revolutions per spin. ( Apply a drop of lube where the arms go into the holes)
4. Install the electric magic top back on with the 4 screws. Make sure you did not lose any of the 4 tiny washer rubbers that go on the end. Don't over tighten the top. I then started a game so that the mech would lower down to playfield level so I could then tighten it flush. Put your finger around the edges of electric magic as you tighten the 4 screws down so that it feels flush!
RIP that spinner!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

See if the post and some others near it help with your spinner issues

#3772 2 years ago

After.a reset the technician alert is gone but the EM spinner keeps rising and falling throughout the game and when I hit the spinner nothing happens.

I searched this thread for spinner fix

#3773 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Did Stern engineering ever publish an official fix for the spinner's having issues? Seems like they just let the end user figure out their own solve...
rediculous.

They fixed it in the software a while back.

#3774 2 years ago

This spinner issue is different. The mech has been changed. This one was built April 9, 2021. See the pics.

#3775 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

See if the post and some others near it help with your spinner issues

If I bent the spinner arms to a 45 degree angle they would not be long enough to go into the bracket at all. The new bracket is one solid piece and it cannot be bent at all.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3776 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Which songs are you seeing in, I can try those tonight.

Good Times Bad Times is the one that it's happened at least twice on.

#3777 2 years ago

This spinner issue is different. The mech has been changed. This one was built April 9, 2021. See the pics.

Yeah that is strange. Looks like the changed the mounting and also the spinner itself. Crazy that it could even think to come completely out! Need more pictures of recent build date machines to compare to.

#3778 2 years ago

I don't quite understand what is going on with the ratings for this game. I recently got the Premium. It is so fun. I've played most the games in the top 80 and there are a lot of games ahead of LZ right now that make no sense. It seems that the exterior cabinet art is overly biasing the ratings. The game play is fast and smooth, the rules are easy to understand, and the game is just fun. Oh well.

#3779 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah that is strange. Looks like the changed the mounting and also the spinner itself. Crazy that it could even think to come completely out! Need more pictures of recent build date machines to compare to.

Gimme a sec, i’ll snap some pics. My build is within a day or two of Largemouth’s.

#3780 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Gimme a sec, i’ll snap some pics. My build is within a day or two of Largemouth’s.

Thanks!!!

#3781 2 years ago

Hope these help. Let me know if you need anything else.

31D81A5B-CA1A-471F-AEC4-A4D13A72E4D1 (resized).jpeg31D81A5B-CA1A-471F-AEC4-A4D13A72E4D1 (resized).jpeg5192B903-1B8E-442B-9584-D97B7A44E07C (resized).jpeg5192B903-1B8E-442B-9584-D97B7A44E07C (resized).jpeg87893B96-AD12-4602-B56F-7E52832985BF (resized).jpeg87893B96-AD12-4602-B56F-7E52832985BF (resized).jpegD4941015-B9B4-4510-A22A-962887187052 (resized).jpegD4941015-B9B4-4510-A22A-962887187052 (resized).jpegFC826E43-BC0F-42B6-B95D-0E7F211C3098 (resized).jpegFC826E43-BC0F-42B6-B95D-0E7F211C3098 (resized).jpeg
#3782 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is how I have it set up. Thanks for verifying! I guess I have a bad opto or something.

#3783 2 years ago
Quoted from Shastawolf:

I don't quite understand what is going on with the ratings for this game. I recently got the Premium. It is so fun. I've played most the games in the top 80 and there are a lot of games ahead of LZ right now that make no sense. It seems that the exterior cabinet art is overly biasing the ratings. The game play is fast and smooth, the rules are easy to understand, and the game is just fun. Oh well.

Yeah the ratings are not something that is scientific and the pinside system is filled with issues. It needs to be used as a very rough guide especially when looking at the game for playfield layout and fun as the most important things. Not to mention there are people who abuse the system and knock other games down to boost their favorites and others who base ratings on what they have been told by podcasters. To me, low ratings on this game are probably people who haven't played it much and especially haven't played it since the last couple of software releases. Same thing happened to Star Wars. It is a great game but rated lower than tons of lesser playing games.

#3784 2 years ago

In the end, who cares about the ratings? I buy what I like and have never had trouble selling. Even munsters! LZ is a great, fun, different style game than most and I enjoy every time I play. Hope the new spinner issue gets fixed. Mine has been fine since turning the dark side forward. And code update helped immensly.

#3785 2 years ago

That is how I have it set up. Thanks for verifying! I guess I have a bad opto or check

That is how I have it set up. Thanks for verifying! I guess I have a bad opto or something.

Check your alignment, maybe you knocked it loose

#3786 2 years ago
Quoted from Shastawolf:

The reason I bought this game without even playing it is because I heard from several people who’s opinions I trust and who I know prefer shots, code, and gameplay over toys and eye candy told me it was a legit great Steve Ritchie shooter with good approaching very good code. That’s all I needed to hear/read and I bought one. I know damn well that people rate games on Pinside without playing them so when researching a game I read the comments (giving more weight to OGs and people with a variety of games in their current/past collection) and ignore the rankings. And yes I agree, this game is fun AF and will put my own rating (with comments) in a couple months after I play it a couple hundred times.

#3787 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

The reason I bought this game without even playing it is because I heard from several people who’s opinions I trust and who I know prefer shots, code, and gameplay over toys and eye candy

You're welcome.

#3788 2 years ago

Lol. You actually WERE one of the handsome devils I was speaking of, despite your dubious beef with the Beatles. Thank you Boob.

#3789 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

good work on the photos .completely different than mine alright

#3790 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

good work on the photos .completely different than mine alright

How is different? Interested as I have an le and my mech looks identical to the images shown on a recent build.

#3791 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

The spinner is a simple fix. Thought I would post for newbies. NIB repairs can be frustrating. The theory is that the spinner arms need to have a 45 degree bend in them, otherwise the arms rub and cause friction with the holder causing it to not want to come down in its desired position.
1. You can do it with the electric magic top left on or off. I took mine off to perform
2. take some small needle nose pliers and bend the arms back to the 45 degree angle needed. Don't be scared to bend it. I had to do mine a second time because I did NOT bend it far enough the first time, and it started not working again after a couple of games.
3. If you have some spinner lube ( lube the spinner while you are in there. It will also make huge difference in the amount of revolutions per spin. ( Apply a drop of lube where the arms go into the holes)
4. Install the electric magic top back on with the 4 screws. Make sure you did not lose any of the 4 tiny washer rubbers that go on the end. Don't over tighten the top. I then started a game so that the mech would lower down to playfield level so I could then tighten it flush. Put your finger around the edges of electric magic as you tighten the 4 screws down so that it feels flush!
RIP that spinner!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

post 1279 has several photos to compare

#3792 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

post 1279 has several photos to compare

on mine the spinner fits into looks like ears that could be bent outwrd so the spinner wouldnt hit the sides

#3793 2 years ago

Interesting that they redesigned the spinner mech. Reminds me of many years ago when they redesigned the Monger mech on IM. I have the original design since I was on the very first run. My spinner seems to work great though.

#3794 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Interesting that they redesigned the spinner mech. Reminds me of many years ago when they redesigned the Monger mech on IM. I have the original design since I was on the very first run. My spinner seems to work great though.

Hi guys. Got my premium a couple of weeks ago and started experiencing the spinner issues after only 23 games (old style mech with bendable mount). Bent the arms back and lubed the spinner arms as directed in the 'official' fix, but after only a couple more games the spinner locked up again (second lock-up was with new code installed). Like someone has mentioned here before, I once again bent the bracket arms and applied a lot more force. The bend is much more visible now. We'll see if that works. Seeing that they have now changed the mech, it makes me wonder if Stern didn't think their 'fix' was good enough for the long haul and now we have two different systems with two different issues. Same game, different mech's, and issues that require different fixes. Will older games have to be retrofitted if the problems continue? Will the new system be just as problematic as the 'hit-and-miss' issues of the older builds? Seems the spinner arms aren't long or strong enough to maintain their integrity in the new mech set up. They will eventually bend under the direct hits and eventually pop out. Time will tell!

#3795 2 years ago
Quoted from Juniorsc:

Hi guys. Got my premium a couple of weeks ago and started experiencing the spinner issues after only 23 games (old style mech with bendable mount). Bent the arms back and lubed the spinner arms as directed in the 'official' fix, but after only a couple more games the spinner locked up again (second lock-up was with new code installed). Like someone has mentioned here before, I once again bent the bracket arms and applied a lot more force. The bend is much more visible now. We'll see if that works. Seeing that they have now changed the mech, it makes me wonder if Stern didn't think their 'fix' was good enough for the long haul and now we have two different systems with two different issues. Same game, different mech's, and issues that require different fixes. Will older games have to be retrofitted if the problems continue? Will the new system be just as problematic as the 'hit-and-miss' issues of the older builds? Seems the spinner arms aren't long or strong enough to maintain their integrity in the new mech set up. They will eventually bend under the direct hits and eventually pop out. Time will tell!

Have you reversed the spinner so the darker decal is facing forward? Not sure why, but this has fixed issue for several here , me included. I've put 500+ games since, and have had zero issues. It hangs slightly bottom forward when you reverse

#3796 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Have you reversed the spinner so the darker decal is facing forward? Not sure why, but this has fixed issue for several here , me included. I've put 500+ games since, and have had zero issues. It hangs slightly bottom forward when you reverse

Not yet. That will be my next ‘fix’ if it locks up again. That spinner takes a lot of abuse. It’s not surprising that there are issues. I’ve been following this thread for a while now and all the info has been awesome!

#3798 2 years ago
Quoted from Juniorsc:

The software "fix" is just a great way to try to prevent damage to the spinner, reducing the chance that the spinner gets hit wrong. It cannot prevent that odd time when the ball directly hits the top or bottom of the spinner while spinning. Once that happens a time or two, the only fix is to bend the spinner arms back correctly. That can happen on any game with a spinner. I do wail on that spinner, I just try not to hit it while it's spinning.

#3799 2 years ago

electrotragic spinner seems to be a consistent issue. I feel bad for you guys.

#3800 2 years ago
Quoted from Juniorsc:

what's the manufacture date on your game? my premium arrives tomorrow so wondering at what point the spinner was changed to the new version.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.