20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 193.
#1701 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What really sucked was being too sick to even play it. I stared at it for a day while I sipped water with ice chunks trying not to vomit.

I'm sure you'll make up for lost time.

#1702 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

#28 in the house. No spinner issues.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Got any evh wolgang specials for sale?

#1703 3 years ago

I’ve never seen so many grown ass men debate over a spinner. Use a damn flat head screwdriver and push the brackets out. DONE. Can we talk about something else?

#1704 3 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

debate over a spinner

We will call it 'Spinner Gate'

It is one sweet spinner and dialing it in is crucial. I do think adding a little lube helps it really rip. Got my cradle and aim dialed in on both sides now for full spinner rippage-such a great feeling!(the sounds really add to the experience)

#1705 3 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I’ve never seen so many grown ass men debate over a spinner. Use a damn flat head screwdriver and push the brackets out. DONE. Can we talk about something else?

Not a debate when its not working. Mine actually came off last night then jammed while trying to go back under the field. Turned game off quick and when I turned back on it popped up enough to get it out. This will need attention periodically to keep working

#1706 3 years ago

It's not so much people are bending it once and it's fixed, it's that some had to do this 3 times-that's what really got my attention.

#1707 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

It's not so much people are bending it once and it's fixed, it's that some had to do this 3 times-that's what really got my attention.

There lies the problem, improper bending, bending the bracket and not the wire was suggested and a little oil.

When mine shows up today I’ll start with a drop of oil, if there is an issue I’ll move onto the bracket, if still an issue I will reverse it and then last resort is bending the wire.

This is just based off Steve R recommendation and what I gathered from everyone here.

#1708 3 years ago

Hi. Im getting my LE next week. Whats puzzling is this is not a new technology. Opto spinners on many other games with no issues like this. Something must be different to cause such drastic problems. Stern needs to do more that that service bulletin and have a replacement part. How did this never happen in all of the development work, or atleast why wasnt it addressed before launch . Very frustrating.

Should someone create a poll/tally of owners with spinner issues and those not to track the frequency of this issue?

#1709 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When mine shows up today I’ll start with a drop of oil, if there is an issue I’ll move onto the bracket, if still an issue I will reverse it and then last resort is bending the wire

Yes I recommend not doing much of anything if your spacing looks correct on spinner. Add a few drops of Tri-Flow or other high quality lube and let her rip. Some people have issues and some do not. If it is not broken-do not fix it.

#1710 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hi. Im getting my LE next week. Whats puzzling is this is not a new technology. Opto spinners on many other games with no issues like this. Something must be different to cause such drastic problems. Stern needs to do more that that service bulletin and have a replacement part. How did this never happen in all of the development work, or atleast why wasnt it addressed before launch . Very frustrating.
Should someone create a poll/tally of owners with spinner issues and those not to track the frequency of this issue?

Unfortunately Stern has not been the best at testing mechs. They kind of wind up allowing the early adopters (buyers) do the testing. There's a list for every pin:

- AIQ Subway
- TMNT Glider & Diverter
- GB Slimer
- Orbit on GOT
- Captive ball / Sarcophagus lock on Maiden
- Demon Head on Kiss

You get the picture.

The good news is they fix most of them, even if there are design flaws. Sucks that the LZ spinner is really the ONLY mech on that game and it's a friggin spinner. Nothing super fancy.

#1711 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Unfortunately Stern has not been the best at testing mechs. They kind of wind up allowing the early adopters (buyers) do the testing. There's a list for every pin:
- AIQ Subway
- TMNT Glider & Diverter
- GB Slimer
- Orbit on GOT
- Demon Head on Kiss
You get the picture.
The good news is they fix most of them, even if there are design flaws. Sucks that the LZ spinner is really the ONLY mech on that game and it's a friggin spinner. Nothing super fancy.

I sold my KISS LE due to getting tired of always messing with the Demon Head. Yep can’t count on Stern to make reliable mechs.

#1712 3 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I sold my KISS LE due to getting tired of always messing with the Demon Head. Yep can’t count on Stern to make reliable mechs.

My Demon Head was the worst. Many calls / emails to Stern at tech support. It could never hold 3 balls. Optos / mech were trash. But at least it was an effort to make something cool. The game still played.

#1713 3 years ago

I had no probs initially, then it got stuck. So I slightly spread brackets, dont want to fatigue the wire and put a dab of oil on a toothpick to ends. Played great for 2 or 3 them came to rest horizontally . Reversed it then, rips great until it came off. I think it needs to have a slight crimp on ends to keep from coming off. But then you would need to remove the whole mech to fix. Its easy to work on and im sure a final fix will show up soon.

#1714 3 years ago

Anxiously awaiting delivery truck!

In the meantime got my scoreboard art set to post some scores!

FEF091CB-C3C7-49FC-92B6-20E934BAAA6B (resized).jpegFEF091CB-C3C7-49FC-92B6-20E934BAAA6B (resized).jpeg
#1715 3 years ago

Is there call outs when you touch the flipped button during attract mode? I have checked menu but do not see anything. My does nothing.

#1716 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Is there call outs when you touch the flipped button during attract mode? I have checked menu but do not see anything. My does nothing.

NO. It must NOT be programmed yet.

#1717 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

- AIQ Subway
- TMNT Glider & Diverter
- GB Slimer
- Orbit on GOT
- Demon Head on Kiss
You get the picture.

Sadly you missed at least a few. GB right ramp, Star Wars fork ramp and hyperloop, Stranger Things lock mech and demogorgon adjustment all come to mind. The Premium/LE features are often the problem area for Sterns, which otherwise are very reliable in my experience. I wish they would put more time in on testing and bullet-proofing these mechs/design features.

#1718 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

There is a option in settings to turn on flipper talk, but its not coded yet

#1719 3 years ago

I can’t get enough of this game. The challenge mode is such a great way to switch up the feel of the game too. At first, I wasn’t too big of a fan of how the shot progression changed in a song, with it being broken down into sections, but I’ve gotten used to it now, and it seems more natural. I love the song rolling into the next one too... it’s pretty dang satisfying hearing a new one start mid-ball. I’m hoping they install a mode in this like there is in TMNT, where you can do a 1v2, 2v2, or a 1v3... that’s a great feature if you end up playing against folks that aren’t quite as good as you are. Alright, enough typing, time for more playing!

#1720 3 years ago

My spinner is working fine. I slightly bent brackets outward as Steve Richie suggested on day one before I had a problem. Issue I have is ball stuck frequently behind upper right ramp. It gets stuck so bad I almost have to get my tractor out to remove playfield glass to fix. A simple bump of pin machine will not move ball. Have to really rock it off.(No pun intended). Other issue I have is weak shooter rod launch. Same issue there as my Jurassic Park pin. Been using the lockdown bar button to launch balls instead.

LED (resized).jpgLED (resized).jpg
#1721 3 years ago

I initially removed the roof to the spinner to get a good look but now having trouble getting it flush again. Is leveling Electric Magnet with the playfield as simple as tightening or loosening the eight screws or am I missing something?

#1722 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

My spinner is working fine. I slightly bent brackets outward as Steve Richie suggested on day one before I had a problem. Issue I have is ball stuck frequently behind upper right ramp. It gets stuck so bad I almost have to get my tractor out to remove playfield glass to fix. A simple bump of pin machine will not move ball. Have to really rock it off.(No pun intended). Other issue I have is weak shooter rod launch. Same issue there as my Jurassic Park pin. Been using the lockdown bar button to launch balls instead.
[quoted image]

I can't see where the ball is.. How is your left to right level? I had an issue with ball getting hung up behind zep targets next to the lower pop. The level was slightly off (I am talking only one rotation of the leg bolt) but once I had the machine completely level, no more hang ups.

#1723 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I'm down to the 50 hp tractor to remove glass now. Its ridiculous how tight. I might have to swap it out with met stock glass cuz its so loose it will fall out when you remove lockdown bar. Spinner issues we will figure out. Tight glass i think will not get better

#1724 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I think it would be important to understand what you did to that ball such that it is not only hiding from you but has become incredibly camera shy.

Seriously, I think I see it - just to the left of the orange lit insert. As Chetrico mentioned.....guessing may not be level side-to-side. I have my Zep LE at 6.5 degrees, totally level side-to-side and I have had no ball hang ups (I take that back....maybe 1-2 times on the EM Spinner, but a simple nudge fixed it). Of course, could be manufacturing "tolerances", but check leveling first. I use the PinGuy app and has worked quite well.

#1725 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm down to the 50 hp tractor to remove glass now. Its ridiculous how tight. I might have to swap it out with met stock glass cuz its so loose it will fall out when you remove lockdown bar. Spinner issues we will figure out. Tight glass i think will not get better

I like other things tight. Use your imagination there

#1726 3 years ago

Buy one of these suction cups to remove glass. I use it on multiple games. It makes real easy work of it. Tight is good when you have a shaker.

0BB61367-7C2E-434E-BC6A-3AB6223C169E (resized).jpeg0BB61367-7C2E-434E-BC6A-3AB6223C169E (resized).jpeg
#1727 3 years ago

I had a chance to play quite a few games and just need to share some of my findings. Game is amazing shooter and the code as it is, Is excellent.
Each song is different in its characteristics and shots that need to be made. Songs change shots based on what part of the song you are in (verse, chorus, solo, bridge, etc). This is done very well! I especially like Guitar solo. The Solo on some songs lights the Center ramp. Which is an easy shot. I try to hit Icarus just before the solo to get my multiplier active. Then just watch the millions rack up repeatedly hitting the center ramp!

I am especially Liking Kashmir. Here is why.
Kashmir Verse shots start at Left eject and right orbit.. Every time you make a shot on the left (during verse) It will move the next shot one over to the right. When you make the right orbit shot, it will move the next shot one over to the left. The goal is to alternate shots, from the left to the right until the shot converges in the middle ( Center ramp). Then your center ramp shot will be the lit shot for the remainder of the chorus. I was able to take Kashmir to 17 Gold records doing this getting 5M plus center ramp shots.

My goal right now is to get to Top of Charts multiball (Wizard Mode)
I made it!
The coding inside of Top of the Charts is incredible.
To get to Top of the Charts you need to have at least 5 Gold records in all 10 songs.
Once the mode starts, your goal is to get the songs to platinum status buy getting all the songs to Platinum status.
The mode is coded very good right now. If you had 7 gold in a particular song, you now have to get 3 more gold in that song to reach platinum and then move to the next song. They also included add a ball as each song goes platinum. It also incorporates ball locks in this wizard mode. Which is great because you only lose Top of the charts, if you drain all balls or do not reach platinum by the time the song ends. So buy locking a ball, you have one in reserve in case the one your playing drains.
This game is amazingly challenging and fun. Its easy to understand!
I was 5 gold records away from ?multiball.

Here are some of the notable accomplishments
1.5 Billion Score
Icarus 12.9 multiplier
20M song jackpots
Electric Magic 7M spinner value
Note ( spinner value will keep increasing WITHOUT resetting if you keep it spinning. I.E. Spinner does not stop)

I went pretty far inside of Top of the charts. I was only 5 Gold away from ?multiball

I posted the gameplay here

#1728 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I had a chance to play quite a few games and just need to share some of my findings. Game is amazing shooter and the code as it is, Is excellent.
Each song is different in its characteristics and shots that need to be made. Songs change shots based on what part of the song you are in (verse, chorus, solo, bridge, etc). This is done very well! I especially like Guitar solo. The Solo on some songs lights the Center ramp. Which is an easy shot. I try to hit Icarus just before the solo to get my multiplier active. Then just watch the millions rack up repeatedly hitting the center ramp!
Kashmir Verse shots start at Left eject and right orbit.. Every time you make a shot on the left (during verse) It will move the next shot one over to the right. When you make the right orbit shot, it will move the next shot one over to the left. The goal is to alternate shots, from the left to the right until the shot converges in the middle ( Center ramp). Then your center ramp shot will be the lit shot for the remainder of the chorus. I was able to take Kashmir to 17 Gold records doing this getting 5M plus center ramp shots.
I made it!
To get to Top of the Charts you need to have at least 5 Gold records in all 10 songs.
Once the mode starts, your goal is to get the songs to platinum status buy getting all the songs to Platinum status.
The mode is coded very good right now. If you had 7 gold in a particular song, you now have to get 3 more gold in that song to reach platinum and then move to the next song. They also included add a ball as each song goes platinum. It also incorporates ball locks in this wizard mode. Which is great because you only lose Top of the charts, if you drain all balls or do not reach platinum by the time the song ends. So buy locking a ball, you have one in reserve in case the one your playing drains.
1.5 Billion Score
Icarus 12.9 multiplier
20M song jackpots
Note ( spinner value will keep increasing WITHOUT resetting if you keep it spinning. I.E. Spinner does not stop)
I went pretty far inside of Top of the charts. I was only 5 Gold away from ?multiball

Damn man, I just got done doing the happy dance over a 250 million score... I guess that I have ways to go.

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Buy one of these suction cups to remove glass. I use it on multiple games. It makes real easy work of it. Tight is good when you have a shaker.
[quoted image]

Ordered 2 last nite

#1730 3 years ago

I made it!
1.5 Billion Score
Icarus 12.9 multiplier
20M song jackpots

I guess its good you didnt make it to ? multi ball because its not coded in yet. that would have been a bummer!

#1731 3 years ago

But that only equals a 35HP tractor? I think you'll need more.

#1732 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

But that only equals a 35HP tractor? I think you'll need more.

Keep laughing dude. It's is stupid tight. And any size john deere works

#1733 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Keep laughing dude. It's is stupid tight. And any size john deere works

I'm hoping that the premium without the invisiglass won't have this issue.

#1734 3 years ago

I've been busy all week but got some time to mess with the game some more last night and this morning. I put a double layer of mylar in the shooter lane, protectors under the front edge of the apron, subwoofer hookup, real LOUD knocker, and speaker light kit with new orange speaker surround plastic.

As mentioned in a previous post, Stern switched from plastic to powder coated steel for the speaker surround colored rings. Normally something like that would be an upgrade, but the metal doesn't allow the speaker lights to shine through. They still look decent, but having the translucent plastic takes it to another level. They didn't have a great shade of blue, so I went with the orange surround to match the game and it looks fantastic!

I was able to get some meaningful plays in too and really enjoying the integration of the rules with the fast and flowing playfield layout. It reminds me in some ways of Ironman which is one game that I really miss. IM had the bogie mode that was built from combos, LZ takes that to the next level. I love the flow of Steve Ritchie games and having the "Combo" inserts lighting when you hit a shot is going to make this game a constant challenge to see how many combos I can get.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I tried all the other fixes, no more binding. But it would stop horizontally. Reversed as you suggested, all working great now. Does not make sense, but I'll take it. Going to play a bunch tonight and tmrw so will see how it goes. Thanks

Thanks, I was just as surprised at how effective reversing it was because it doesn't seem logical that it would matter, but it's been ripping away ever since I reversed it. Still need to deal with the upside down decals though.

#1736 3 years ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

Thanks, I was just as surprised at how effective reversing it was because it doesn't seem logical that it would matter, but it's been ripping away ever since I reversed it. Still need to deal with the upside down decals though.

Only the 61 is upside down and you have to really get down to see it. Im happy with it as is

#1737 3 years ago

#451 has entered the building!

Photos to come

#1738 3 years ago

Still waiting on my LE. Can’t wait to get it but this spinner issue is kind of bumming me out. Hopefully I get lucky and my works great or it’s just one and done.

Tmnt Le i spent 5 hours fixing that diverter. I had my brother over to play it and we didn’t even get to that night. Aiq le was a leveling issue but I only had to adjust it a few times then it worked great.

I don’t mind adjusting things but seems like the issue keeps happening to a lot of folks

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Still waiting on my LE. Can’t wait to get it but this spinner issue is kind of bumming me out. Hopefully I get lucky and my works great or it’s just one and done.
Tmnt Le i spent 5 hours fixing that diverter. I had my brother over to play it and we didn’t even get to that night. Aiq le was a leveling issue but I only had to adjust it a few times then it worked great.
I don’t mind adjusting things but seems like the issue keeps happening to a lot of folks

Don't sweat the spinner too much. I know 4 people (myself included) and we all had bad spinners out of the box. A small sample size from 500, but still. However, the good news is that the fix appears to be a one and done. I've been playing it nearly non stop since the fix and it's still going strong. Time will tell exactly how long it lasts, but once you get it ripping, I don't think you'll be tinkering with it too often.

#1740 3 years ago

Confirmed, flipped the spinner upside down, 20 games in and she's twirling like a boss

#1741 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm down to the 50 hp tractor to remove glass now. Its ridiculous how tight

Here is how to remove glass on Led Zeppelin LE:

Wipe your hands off on your pants so your palms are completely dry and then place both palms at top of glass and put pressure to drag the glass down.

Now shout "Son of a Bit#@" while you attempt to drag down

Then to put back use fingers at edge and push up and shout " Son of a Bit@$"

Good to go

#1742 3 years ago

Didn’t set my game up yet but has anyone not had to do anything with the spinner?

Is it worth playing a game to see how it works first?

#1743 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is it worth playing a game to see how it works first?

Lean down and inspect it before playing any balls. Does the spacing look good, flip it with fingers and make sure it is good. If you see that it is too tight I would adjust it first before you get a ball locked up in there and then a ball deflection causes deformation. Add some lube(that's what she said)

*Note-if the spacing looks good-leave it alone

#1744 3 years ago

NO. It must NOT be programmed yet.

Not sure if they will add it. Aerosmith never got one.

#1745 3 years ago
Quoted from ForwardToThePast:

Don't sweat the spinner too much. I know 4 people (myself included) and we all had bad spinners out of the box. A small sample size from 500, but still. However, the good news is that the fix appears to be a one and done. I've been playing it nearly non stop since the fix and it's still going strong. Time will tell exactly how long it lasts, but once you get it ripping, I don't think you'll be tinkering with it too often.

Yes. Same here. Since I turned the spinner around last night. All is good. After the lube it spins fast as hell. Even when the device lowers you can still hear it spinning. Lol.

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Not sure if they will add it. Aerosmith never got one.

Don’t think it’s a selectable feature in the menu on AS though, at least I don’t recall seeing it on mine.

#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Here is how to remove glass on Led Zeppelin LE:
Wipe your hands off on your pants so your palms are completely dry and then place both palms at top of glass and put pressure to drag the glass down.
Now shout "Son of a Bit#@" while you attempt to drag down
Then to put back use fingers at edge and push up and shout " Son of a Bit@$"
Good to go

I try never to touch the glass as I want to avoid having to clean it. Hate smudges!!! Lol. I always put gloves on too when I touch touch the glass. This is why I use the suction cup. I’m probably insane.

#1748 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I try never to touch the glass as I want to avoid having to clean it. Hate smudges!!! Lol. I always put gloves on too when I touch touch the glass. This is why I use the suction cup. I’m probably insane.

To me glass is glass. I use Sprayway glass cleaner and it works just fine. I have been cleaning my expensive JJP invisiglass with regular glass cleaner and paper towels for years and have not noticed any problems. I will not be cleaning my Stern invisiglass with a diaper or whatever they recommend. Number one I do not give a shit and number two I do not want to have to use diapers or microfiber cloths.

Now use your greasy hands after eating some za and get that glass off already-then spray and clean (;

#1749 3 years ago

What are you guys using to lube the spinner? I usually use a tiny bit of Superlube synthetic, but that's not really an "oil."

Also, anybody install the Pinwoofer GT Super kit? Wondering how improved the sound is...I'm about to get one. After all, it IS a music pin.

#1750 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

#451 has entered the building!
Photos to come

Bout time!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,699 (OBO)
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 9,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.