20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 193.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think it needs to be cut at an angle. I've sent pics, got a reply, but nothing for 3 days now. If I get a replacement piece I'm going to try to plane off leading edge of original to see if it helps. Still freakin loving this game tho!!!!

I love the game too, it’s a great shooter with a epic song list and light show.

I think they have a lot more to put into this game as well as far as code and fluff.

They said code update this month and I think it will coincide with topper as there are no settings in menu for that. My distro still says feb for accessories.

This baby is bolted!

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think they have a lot more to put into this game as well as far as code and fluff.
They said code update this month and I think it will coincide with topper as there are no settings in menu for that. My distro still says feb for accessories.
This baby is bolted!

Same! Topper should be mid feb i hear. Not sure on shooter, did you order?

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Same! Topper should be mid feb i hear. Not sure on shooter, did you order?

Yeah I ordered shooter too. I was like wtf, it’s a LE and has to have a shooter and like everything else it will look better in person.

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This baby is bolted!

I'd like to see some secret skill shots, nothing so far except plunge to l.e.d. letters, so many options available

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd like to see some secret skill shots, nothing so far except plunge to l.e.d. letters, so many options available

Yeah there are, since this occasional launch to the 4th ramp is happening there should be some sort of treat when that happens.

I wouldn’t mind some sort of bang on the action button with Bonzo type video mode while ball is locked. Lol

#2056 3 years ago

The bottom of spinners tip forward because the playfield is sloped and the spinner is held vertical by gravity.

#2057 3 years ago

When will Led Zeppelin pinball be ranked in top 100??

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

The bottom of spinners tip forward because the playfield is sloped and the spinner is held vertical by gravity.

I thought about that but why doesn’t the left loop spinner do the same?

I went and looked at others and they are vertical except my Beatles left spinner.

All games at 6.5-6.7

#2059 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

Does this matter? That list is a bunch of horseshit.

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

All my spinners are bottom forward. None of them are perfectly vertical.

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

It's on the second page. Hard to believe so low. I think people just want to hate it. It's a great game and I will rate it when I am ready. I can't see the pro being that bad as I love the shots. I would never buy a pro game because I like bells and whistles though.

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

All my spinners are bottom forward. None of them are perfectly vertical.

Maybe slightly forward but wouldn’t you agree the EM spinner is a little more than the norm?

#2063 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe slightly forward but wouldn’t you agree the EM spinner is a little more than the norm?

Yes on both! Must be balanced to sit at a certain angle.

We need an engineer to explain this.

#2064 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Yes on both! Must be balanced to sit at a certain angle.

Mine has been fine other than being tilted a hair more than others but I’m perplexed at all the issues people have had, it’s a f’ing spinner for crying out loud.
It could be the balance as you say, where the wire goes through the spinner? Maybe slightly out of tolerance.

#2065 3 years ago

Time to start ranking the LZ LE. The pro is sadly on second page. Not sure how to start a ranking?????

#2066 3 years ago

Top of page, go to machines, type in Led Zeppelin, go to lz page, go to ratings. You can rate there

#2067 3 years ago

Well 35 games and no issues with the spinner. Great flow on this game but I need to understand the rules better. Doesn’t really feel like it incorporates the theme to the play so maybe if I look up the rule set it will. Right now, I feel like I’m listening to LZ and playing pinball but it’s fun

#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Well 35 games and no issues with the spinner. Great flow on this game but I need to understand the rules better. Doesn’t really feel like it incorporates the theme to the play so maybe if I look up the rule set it will. Right now, I feel like I’m listening to LZ and playing pinball but it’s fun

That is why I feel like they need to make these tour modes standout from one another with some tour specific stuff on the screen.

It would integrate what your doing with the modes(tours) with the band(theme) etc...

The EM multiball should get some more stuff added as well otherwise just feels like the others.
That aspect feels a little generic at the moment but we are only at .93 so hopefully this gets the needed polish.

This is deep in the weeds picky stuff but it’s what required to take it to the next level.

Great playing game though either way.

If you haven’t seen this give it a read

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Led-Zeppelin-Rulesheet.pdf

#2069 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That is why I feel like they need to make these tour modes standout from one another with some tour specific stuff on the screen.
It would integrate what your doing with the modes(tours) with the band(theme) etc...
The EM multiball should get some more stuff added as well otherwise just feels like the others.
That aspect feels a little generic at the moment but we are only at .93 so hopefully this gets the needed polish.
This is deep in the weeds picky stuff but it’s what required to take it to the next level.
Great playing game though either way.
If you haven’t seen this give it a read
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Led-Zeppelin-Rulesheet.pdf

Thanks, I’ll look it over

#2070 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Try to get a feel for shots in each individual song. Try to get all 10 songs to at least 5 gold records each. If you can do that. Once you get the song to 5 gold, get out of that song and go to next song. You can advance to next song by hitting right orbit eject, once you have at least 5 gold records You will get to top of the charts wizard mode.

TIP: make sure you keep relighting your left out lane ball saver. This is done by hitting the 2 left bank orange insert targets

#2071 3 years ago

#189 made it home and playing ferociously. Jimmy mounted and floating above the pop bumpers and bobble heading to the tunes!

IMG_0003 (resized).jpgIMG_0003 (resized).jpgIMG_9995 (resized).jpgIMG_9995 (resized).jpgIMG_9998 (resized).jpgIMG_9998 (resized).jpg
#2072 3 years ago

played the challenge mode for the first time tonight. Feeling good about finishing it, but have no idea what a completion time and scores are. what are others getting? I finished with 400m, 12mins, and 6albums at once (whatever that means).

#2073 3 years ago

I'm not kiddin , you need to try the PinWoofer set up. Hearing sound effects unnoticed before, and the quality is amazing. I actually got it too loud for me, and was crystal clear, and I'm the guy who liked to be in front row of met, kiss, gnr, and stones concerts. Money well spent. P.s. I dont know the man who makes these, just saying how glad I am I did it

#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm not kiddin , you need to try the PinWoofer set up. Hearing sound effects unnoticed before, and the quality is amazing. I actually got it too loud for me, and was crystal clear, and I'm the guy who liked to be in front row of met, kiss, gnr, and stones concerts. Money well spent. P.s. I dont know the man who makes these, just saying how glad I am I did it

I agree,it was night and day difference on my other machine .my #39 isnt here yet but my pinwoofer setup is here today .I may order this setup on all my machines I like it so much.

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I agree,it was night and day difference on my other machine .my #39 isnt here yet but my pinwoofer setup is here today .I may order this setup on all my machines I like it so much.

I didn't try with stock backbox speakers, but with ones in kit was amazing! I have their stuff in older pins, met, maiden, but new kit is great. Cannot believe diff, but I like my music pins loud so,,,,

#2076 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

played the challenge mode for the first time tonight. Feeling good about finishing it, but have no idea what a completion time and scores are. what are others getting? I finished with 400m, 12mins, and 6albums at once (whatever that means).

Whoa! You beat the mode while 6 balls were in play? Nice

#2077 3 years ago

Had a great game going and then spinner issue cropped up in the middle of EM multiball. Its really unfortunate because its such a main focal point of the game and once it gets stuck it takes it completely out of play. I'll have to try and adjust again tomorrow. Also noticed some rejections on the center ramp when hitting a solid shot straight at it. Seems it runs up the ramp and jumps into the plastic at the back curve. I'm going to try and shim the plastic a little higher to hopefully eliminate that.

#2078 3 years ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

Had a great game going and then spinner issue cropped up in the middle of EM multiball. Its really unfortunate because its such a main focal point of the game and once it gets stuck it takes it completely out of play. I'll have to try and adjust again tomorrow. Also noticed some rejections on the center ramp when hitting a solid shot straight at it. Seems it runs up the ramp and jumps into the plastic at the back curve. I'm going to try and shim the plastic a little higher to hopefully eliminate that.

I have that problem with the middle ramp too. Let us know how your fix works.

#2079 3 years ago

My EM mech keeps hanging up on the edge of the opening causing the plastic to raise about 1/16” followed by dangerous air balls rendering the game unplayable!

I loosened the bracket nuts once already and tried to shift the entire mech over a little bit, but the damn holes are not oblong therefore zero adjustment. Anyone else having this issue?

74DC3D81-F603-42CE-AD12-368EE6A52A62 (resized).jpeg74DC3D81-F603-42CE-AD12-368EE6A52A62 (resized).jpeg
#2080 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you get this without the Pyle speakers? These Kenwoods are good if properly amplified.

#2081 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you get this without the Pyle speakers? These Kenwoods are good if properly amplified.

You can.

#2082 3 years ago

Getting some good time in on my Led Zeppelin LE. I have been playing it nearly every night until my hands hurt. Really starting to get in the groove. I have been making some adjustments like increasing Electric Magic to medium instead of easy and Led Zeppelin tour from easy to medium(may move to difficult?). Then I adjusted shooter eject down to 150, set equalizers towards top range and it improved treble and mids tremendously. The 12" Klipsch does pump and adds a lot to the game. I have my volume set at 58 and after 20 minutes of playing-the ears are ringing(just what I wanted). I have realized that Led Zeppelin music is not like TNA music with a heavy bass line. You can only crank up Led Zeppelin so much before the mids and treble pierce your ears. Long story short-I am very content with the stock speaker set up, and 12" sub(my cup is full). Also want to note that I did not tap into my CPU, but rather chose to use just alligator clips connected to game sub, fed out back vent hole to 12" sub. I had to purchase a speaker wire to RCA adapter so I did not have to MacGyver RCA cable. I am in love with this game-and not just blowing smoke.

My favorite song to play is now The song remains the same. The energy of this song and the coordinated light show are spectacular. My favorite tour is Led Zeppelin with orbits(can't get enough of the orbits). I really think this game is going to shine in the years to come and is a sleeper game. It may take some time before people see the light on this one, and in the meantime I will be rocking out with my coc@ out and not caring what others say. This game is blowing me away and I am so excited to show it off to some friends and see their smile on their faces as they jam out and play an amazing game.

Attached is a picture of the adapter I used for Klipsch sub connect, and I highly recommend a sub for this game. I also recommend hooking the sub up and adjusting the equalizer to see if it produces the sound levels you are looking for before going any further. After playing for hours I have realized that an amplifier and new speakers are not necessary for me. It flippin cranks as is-no need in my opinion unless you want to blow out your ear drums(Led Zeppelin music can only go so high).

Adapter for speaker wire to RCA for hooking up external powered sub...
https://www.amazon.com/MCIGICM-Speaker-Cable-Connector-Adapter/dp/B07X44HBLW/ref=sr_1_13

Speaker wire to RCA adapter.jpgSpeaker wire to RCA adapter.jpg
#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks for the question Psw757 !

With Pyle backbox speakers:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-5-25in-spike-super-kit/

Without backbox speakers:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-spike-2-super-kit/

Recent feedback to us on the Kenwoods is not positive (guys are saying they are a bit "Tinny"). So, we did a sound check comparing the Kenwood to the Pyle last week (albeit on Iron Maiden) and I let the first ball drain. If you have have no comparison between the Kenwood and Pyle you'll be happy with the Kenwood. However, the Pyle sound better IMO; they have stronger / better defined midrange, I believe owing to the larger magnet and voice coil.

Thank you!

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks for the question psw757 !
With Pyle backbox speakers:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-5-25in-spike-super-kit/
Without backbox speakers:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-spike-2-super-kit/
Recent feedback to us on the Kenwoods is not positive (guys are saying they are a bit "Tinny"). So, we did a sound check comparing the Kenwood to the Pyle last week (albeit on Iron Maiden) and I let the first ball drain. If you have have no comparison between the Kenwood and Pyle you'll be happy with the Kenwood. However, the Pyle sound better IMO; they have stronger / better defined midrange, I believe owing to the larger magnet and voice coil.
Thank you!

The tinny comes from the bright sounding tweeter but these speakers and really all pinball speakers in the head suffer from the acoustics of the head cabinet.

I think if they had a more confined enclosure behind them like a car door has or even a small box like people put 6x9’s in back in the day we would get a heck of a lot more out of them.

I may experiment with this a bit.

I’m honestly surprised nobody has tried a component setup with nice midrange speaker and a high quality tweeter run through a crossover.

#2085 3 years ago

Want to add, I don’t think this system sounds bad and I actually like the bright quality of the tweeter. It picks up on a lot of the subtle sounds in LZ music.

#2086 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Want to add, I don’t think this system sounds bad and I actually like the bright quality of the tweeter. It picks up on a lot of the subtle sounds in LZ music.

The pyles do so much more with an amp. Sound effects are awesome too!

#2087 3 years ago

If anyone wants to buy just the Pyle speakers, they are only $24/pair

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from palmettophoto:

If anyone wants to buy just the Pyle speakers, they are only $24/pair[quoted image]

$24 speakers in a $10,000 pinball machine.

Has anyone ever experimented with any hi-fi car audio speakers in a pinball machine?

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

$24 speakers in a $10,000 pinball machine.
Has anyone ever experimented with any hi-fi car audio speakers in a pinball machine?

I think the issue with high end component car speakers is that they need more amplification than you are going to get in a pin. Not sure how you would get enough power to run a car audio amp. If it can be done I would love to see it!

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The pyles do so much more with an amp.

You know this lesson well Hayfarmer ! There's a low water mark for the speakers and after that, better speakers won't help much because you're stuck with the de-rated stock amplifier. The discussion being about speakers is limited here. Speakers are important to a point (in a pinball machine), but the key to good pinball audio is the PinWoofer amp and power solution.

More about the stock amp on the CPU node. The amplifier uses a TI audio chip that's commonly used in consumer electronics. It's essentially the same amplifier you will find in a plat panel TV. There is limited power bussing and almost no bypass cap. Meaning, there is very little DC power delivery to the amplifier and almost nothing to prop-up the amplifier voltage during bass hits and other power intese passages. The amp was not designed to drive the speakers in a meaningful way that presents an immersive audio experience. It was designed to meet needs of reproducing the track in an economical way.

A consequence of this design approach is that there is limited dynamic range and much of the track does not reach its full potential. Not that the point of our system is to get loud (which you can do, no problem), but rather to liberate the track through power and headroom. The result is a much cleaner audio reproduction and you will absolutely hear more in the track. You'll hear new things and the audio will be much cleaner.

Thanks!

Illustration of the PinWoofer System

PinWoofer System (resized).JPGPinWoofer System (resized).JPG
#2091 3 years ago

I thought I was going to rock the house down with adding tons of powerful sound but sorry Led Zepellin high's far outweigh the lows and so it really does become ear piercing at high levels. Totally different experience playing my TNA with external sub that shakes the entire house and gives you that bass force that rattles the walls. Zep is totally high end frequency sound-totally different and really what the sub does is help amplify John Bonham's drum performances.(different bass low-but good)

If I wanted to really pierce my ears I would hook it up to my Denon Receiver and Kef speakers I have in the same room, while the thought crossed my mind, it is already ear piercing as is. I did come up with a few mod ideas....a pair of ear plugs for the guest who say it is too loud and a sign that says "If it is too loud-you are too old" (;

#2092 3 years ago

Might as well toss the coinbox out put in a nice home stereo amp and wire up some nice bookshelf speakers and sub.

#2093 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The Met ? Would that be blomington,Mn ,Thats where i saw Led Zeppelin in 1977 I believe

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Might as well toss the coinbox out put in a nice home stereo amp and wire up some nice bookshelf speakers and sub.

I mean honestly if you really wanted to rock the casbah you could go out to your local goodwill-buy an amplifier and a set of old large speakers and just crank the shit up. It really depends how far you want to take it? I thought I wanted to take it to the extreme-and then I listened to my little ears crying after playing for hours and said-Ok gotcha.

#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I mean honestly if you really wanted to rock the casba you could go out to your local goodwill-buy an amplifier and a set of old large speakers and just crank the shit up. It really depends how far you want to take it? I thought I wanted to take it to the extreme-and then I listened to my little ears crying after playing for hours and said-Ok gotcha.

Nah...I’m with you, too loud isn’t good.

#2096 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnsarcade:

The Met ? Would that be blomington,Mn ,Thats where i saw Led Zeppelin in 1977 I believe

met = Metallica

#2097 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nah...I’m with you, too loud isn’t good.

Ya, too loud is too much. But its just so much cleaner and crisper. And more bass. I like to rock out occasionally, then go back to just above normal volumes. Kinda have to on this pin, flippers are really noisy and left eject clunky too. Gotta look to see if I can quiet that down somehow

#2098 3 years ago

Sometimes less is more

I do not care for the flipper toppers with red-they look off to me and do not match the game very well. Need some better flipper topper that matches the game.

#2099 3 years ago

BTW I want to thank LOTR_breath for his idea using a black pen to paint exposed wiring. I did just that and added some small clear zip ties and it looks much cleaner now.

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Whoa! You beat the mode while 6 balls were in play? Nice

noooo- i think i was down to two balls after a song or two- then hung on until the end. It seemed like on the last song it sent them all back out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 9,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.