IMG_6977 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6979 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6978 (resized).jpeg
20240301_162016 (resized).jpg
20240301_162025 (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg
20240301_161936 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 191.
#6901 2 years ago

Thanks both. Yeah more just want to be sure my game is dialed in doing what it's supposed to. Right now it hits led targets but once in awhile it gets into the entry of the ramp and rejects straight down right outlane.

#6902 2 years ago

Anyone have a pictute of a Pro with Side Armor? Does not seem like a good fit, but maybe I am wrong. Did a search and came up flat.

#6903 2 years ago

Anyone aware of any Stern toppers still available? Was seeing them everywhere and now that I go to buy one - nada!

#6904 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Pinsiders please help... The Icarus is driving me nuts and close to being thrown out the window to see if he can really fly. No matter what I do... adjust top screw under Icarus foot, loosen bolt under playfield and adjust mech, use carnauba wax on Icarus slider bar... it always ends up shifting and jamming up after a handful of games.
See pic. It's stuck like this until I loosen the top screw under Icarus, shift things a bit, and re-tighten. Then after some games with pinballs slamming into it, it all gets shifted and the Icarus slider gets stuck again.
I've already worked with Stern support and they thought it was a stripped top screw. I replaced that screw... same thing. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. It's really sucking the fun out of this pin.[quoted image]

Aside from making the adjustments to ensure the stick is going straight through the playfield (which it sounds like you did), the best remedy is to strip all that wax/lubricant/etc off of it. Then polish it with Nevr-dull until its super shiny. Same remedy applies to Elvira leepers as well.

#6905 2 years ago

Joined the club yesterday with a nice LZ Premium. Topper on order, hopefully it arrives soon. Came with the Pinnovator kit which really adds to the sound. Plan to change up a few songs over the holidays and maybe play around with the video footage. Like to add Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Dazed and Confused (live) and see how Stairway to Heaven works.

61B9D1DE-29C7-4784-86AF-E02361900483 (resized).jpeg61B9D1DE-29C7-4784-86AF-E02361900483 (resized).jpeg
#6906 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Joined the club yesterday with a nice LZ Premium. Topper on order, hopefully it arrives soon. Came with the Pinnovator kit which really adds to the sound. Plan to change up a few songs over the holidays and maybe play around with the video footage. Like to add Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Dazed and Confused (live) and see how Stairway to Heaven works.[quoted image]

Be interesting how changing songs works on this.
The way Stern has it coded the flashing arrows for all the shots are coded to different parts of songs chorus, solos etc...same with the expression lighting.

#6907 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone aware of any Stern toppers still available? Was seeing them everywhere and now that I go to buy one - nada!

The people who ordered and paid for one 6 months ago haven't gotten theirs yet. There's a tremendous backup, so I'm assuming they may have shut the orders down, at least for now.

#6908 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Be interesting how changing songs works on this.
The way Stern has it coded the flashing arrows for all the shots are coded to different parts of songs chorus, solos etc...same with the expression lighting.

Yeah I agree. I mean...you'll get it to sound different, but being the entire ruleset is choreographed to the specific songs, it's going to be weird. This isn't like other machines where the songs do not really matter. The rules literally change for choruses, refrains, guitar solos, etc. It's freaking brilliant how they did it. I feel like you'd really mess that integration up by changing out the songs. Of course, everyone is free to do as they wish with their own machine. Whatever makes you happy!

#6909 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah I agree. I mean...you'll get it to sound different, but being the entire ruleset is choreographed to the specific songs, it's going to be weird. This isn't like other machines where the songs do not really matter. The rules literally change for choruses, refrains, guitar solos, etc. It's freaking brilliant how they did it. I feel like you'd really mess that integration up by changing out the songs. Of course, everyone is free to do as they wish with their own machine. Whatever makes you happy!

Agreed. Don't change the songs in this game. If you want to hear the songs, just play them on a nice sound system.

#6910 2 years ago

For those who have updated to the latest code, any issues? Seems it’s been quite since it’s been released, leads me to believe that it should be fine. Thanks!

#6911 2 years ago

no issues here....the EM Light show isn't as intense as it used to be, but thats about it.

#6912 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

For those who have updated to the latest code, any issues? Seems it’s been quite since it’s been released, leads me to believe that it should be fine. Thanks!

Working great for me! No problems at all.

#6913 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

no issues here....the EM Light show isn't as intense as it used to be, but thats about it.

Why did they decrease the intensity? Was there complaints? They should maybe make the intensity a scalable option. It was really cool. It's still cool but not as cool as it used to be.

#6914 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies, I’ll get it uploaded tomorrow. Fortunately I did not see the first version, looking forward to the next Frenzy.

#6915 2 years ago

One thing I noticed. The new code read-me said the adjustment to turn on/off the EM Frenzy light show was default to OFF. When I went to change it, it was already set to ON. So the default must be "ON".

#6916 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

One thing I noticed. The new code read-me said the adjustment to turn on/off the EM Frenzy light show was default to OFF. When I went to change it, it was already set to ON. So the default must be "ON".

Mine was defaulted to OFF. Strange

It certainly is nowhere near as crazed as it was. I agree with the poster above - it should scalable for the non-epileptics among us

#6917 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mine was off when I installed the latest code. Maybe it remembered from a previous setting.

#6918 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Mine was on also. No issues so far with new code.

#6919 2 years ago

anyone know the setting to disable the EM? I thought it was #51 in game adjustments but it came back up when I qualified so that doesn’t seem to be it. I’ve yet to fix my parallel spinner so would like to disable until it’s good to go.

#6920 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

anyone know the setting to disable the EM? I thought it was #51 in game adjustments but it came back up when I qualified so that doesn’t seem to be it. I’ve yet to fix my parallel spinner so would like to disable until it’s good to go.

Just updated, #53

#6921 2 years ago

Newb question but my “E” drop target isn’t registering when it drops but will register if I hit the band behind it after it’s down. It comes up fine and drops when hit.
This is a switch issue no? I figure I will get in there tomorrow but not sure what I should be adjusting. YouTube hasn’t been much help.

#6922 2 years ago

New to the club, my premium came with the Pinwoofer super kit. Is an external sub also attached overkill? Just wondering if anyone has attached both to the LZ. Appreciate the help!

#6923 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Newb question but my “E” drop target isn’t registering when it drops but will register if I hit the band behind it after it’s down. It comes up fine and drops when hit.
This is a switch issue no? I figure I will get in there tomorrow but not sure what I should be adjusting. YouTube hasn’t been much help.

Item 16 in the pic is the opto board. All 3 drops are read from this board. First, I would check that the offending target physically blocks/unblocks the opto. Second I would try re-seating the connector to the opto board(with power off of course). Third, I would look closely for any cracked solder joints on that board. You can reflow with a soldering iron if needed. If all that fails I would order a new opto board from a supplier or distributor.

LZ drops (resized).JPGLZ drops (resized).JPG
#6924 2 years ago

1 week in to our LZ LE and just thinking this has got to be one of the most underrated pins out there. The shots and layout, sound and music, artwork and code are all phenomenal. So incredibly happy with our purchase and very grateful to have the pirvelage of enjoying this pin with friends and family this time of year. This is a pic of me and the boys playing until midnight! Happy holidays everyone!

IMG_20211218_121837_027 (resized).jpgIMG_20211218_121837_027 (resized).jpg
#6925 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

1 week in to our LZ LE and just thinking this has got to be one of the most underrated pins out there. The shots and layout, sound and music, artwork and code are all phenomenal. So incredibly happy with our purchase and very grateful to have the pirvelage of enjoying this pin with friends and family this time of year. This is a pic of me and the boys playing until midnight! Happy holidays everyone!
[quoted image]

I dunno...yours looks like it could use some Pinstadiums.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6926 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New to the club, my premium came with the Pinwoofer super kit. Is an external sub also attached overkill? Just wondering if anyone has attached both to the LZ. Appreciate the help!

Yes, hook a polk psw10 or better sub to it. It's really makes zepp sound great, I do it on all our games

#6927 2 years ago

I just bought a LZ Pro this week and have only played a few dozen games. My 3rd flipper is sticking up. It goes down when I lightly press flipper button and then will stick again once I do a full press and release. I powered off the game and the flipper stays stuck up. I’ve looked at leaf switches and they look ok. Anyone know how to tweak a new flipper or has anyone experienced something similar?

#6928 2 years ago

Sounds great with an additional active subwoofer. But be careful because it's easily - beside the music which has not an impressive sub line- too much with all the additional sounds.

#6929 2 years ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

I just bought a LZ Pro this week and have only played a few dozen games. My 3rd flipper is sticking up. It goes down when I lightly press flipper button and then will stick again once I do a full press and release. I powered off the game and the flipper stays stuck up. I’ve looked at leaf switches and they look ok. Anyone know how to tweak a new flipper or has anyone experienced something similar?

It's just come loose on the key holding it against the flipper shaft. Prop play field up, find the proper Allen wrench , gonna need a long handled one cuz they are tight!! Easy to fix

#6930 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's just come loose on the key holding it against the flipper shaft. Prop play field up, find the proper Allen wrench , gonna need a long handled one cuz they are tight!! Easy to fix

Thank you. Question after further diagnoses. It would appear any switch from the game (ball drain, left flipper activated, etc) causes the flipper to fall back down. Would that indicate an electrical issue?

#6931 2 years ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

Thank you. Question after further diagnoses. It would appear any switch from the game (ball drain, left flipper activated, etc) causes the flipper to fall back down. Would that indicate an electrical issue?

Are you sure it's not just a bit of physical action from the other coils not doing it? Much more likely to be a physical deal vs electrical. Pull the glass and verify.

#6932 2 years ago

I’m terribly sick I got rid of my LZprem but we got a pristine Met Prem in a trade so it was the right move for now .I will be trading a DP prem to upgrade to a LZLE in the not too distant future as I still stand by it being the best shooting pin I’ve ever played .I’m thinking I want all rock pins going forward as they never get old to me.

#6933 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m terribly sick I got rid of my LZprem but we got a pristine Met Prem in a trade so it was the right move for now .I will be trading a DP prem to upgrade to a LZLE in the not too distant future as I still stand by it being the best shooting pin I’ve ever played .I’m thinking I want all rock pins going forward as they never get old to me.

sounds like a good trade,when you get your Le you will be whole again.

#6934 2 years ago

I’m terribly sick I got rid of my LZprem

I better keep mine ,you look horrible in your avatar.

#6935 2 years ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

It’s mechanical, check the mechanism underneath, it’s likely binding somewhere. Coil may need to be loosened and readjusted or you could have a bad coil sleeve. I’d loosen the coil screws a little and see if the binding goes away, then readjust. Should be an easy fix.

#6936 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I dunno...yours looks like it could use some Pinstadiums.

Haha these expression lights are amazing! And we have a GNR to compare to which has a great lightshow. The LZ light show has exceeded my expectations.

#6937 2 years ago
Quoted from Birdman-Pin:

Also check that the return spring is not broken and still attached.

#6938 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Item 16 in the pic is the opto board. All 3 drops are read from this board. First, I would check that the offending target physically blocks/unblocks the opto. Second I would try re-seating the connector to the opto board(with power off of course). Third, I would look closely for any cracked solder joints on that board. You can reflow with a soldering iron if needed. If all that fails I would order a new opto board from a supplier or distributor.
[quoted image]

Thank you sir! Got into it today and the solder points all looked good. Reseated the connector and used some can air for the heck of it and seems to be working again!

Not sure what I did but tested it 20x and it’s working now. The other two sit more in the middle of the opto where this one seemed to hug off to one side more, not sure if that would effect the opto or not but only thing I could see out of the ordinary to me

#6939 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Haha these expression lights are amazing! And we have a GNR to compare to which has a great lightshow. The LZ light show has exceeded my expectations.

I just hope you know I was joking. Because it looks like you can see your machine from space.

#6940 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just hope you know I was joking. Because it looks like you can see your machine from space.

Yes, sir. The sarcasm found its away down here to South Jersey

#6941 2 years ago

I just played a game, and the first ball sucked so bad I added another player. And I sucked again. Then it happened again for the next two players I added. Then I said f**k it, turned off the machine, and called it a day.

Some days just aren't good pinball days.

#6942 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just played a game, and the first ball sucked so bad I added another player. And I sucked. Then it happened again for the next two players I added. Then I said f**k it, turned off the machine, and called it a day.

or in your case...weeks, months, years...

#6943 2 years ago

Just missed cracking a billion this evening. Had a great game going and completed 7 songs(no platinums).

I spent quite a bit of time dialing this machine in and almost have it to the point of perfection. No more center ramp rejects, no more side ramp rejects. The last thing I have to do is work on the right ramp rejects but I think I have some thoughts on that as well. Will post everything I did up here once I nail that final piece of the puzzle.

Great game! I missed it.

3537B94B-A28A-4C8B-9518-2160E6F6BF32 (resized).jpeg3537B94B-A28A-4C8B-9518-2160E6F6BF32 (resized).jpeg
#6944 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Just missed cracking a billion this evening. Had a great game going and completed 7 songs(no platinums).
I spent quite a bit of time dialing this machine in and almost have it to the point of perfection. No more center ramp rejects, no more side ramp rejects. The last thing I have to do is work on the right ramp rejects but I think I have some thoughts on that as well. Will post everything I did up here once I nail that final piece of the puzzle.
Great game! I missed it.
[quoted image]

Nice score! What did you tweak for the side ramp?

#6945 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Mine was off when I installed the latest code. Maybe it remembered from a previous setting.

Which setting # is it for turning on/off the EM Frenzy light show?

#6946 2 years ago
Quoted from BruketFans:

Which setting # is it for turning on/off the EM Frenzy light show?

Feature adj. 53

#6947 2 years ago

God damn. They need to make key posts easy again.

#6948 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just played a game, and the first ball sucked so bad I added another player. And I sucked again. Then it happened again for the next two players I added. Then I said f**k it, turned off the machine, and called it a day.

Feel your pain. Gotta know when to call it some days. I find I am at my best in the morning and caffeinated. Most other times I suck...lol

#6949 2 years ago

For what it's worth I found leveling the machine precisely side to side and a pitch of 7.0 were needed for optimal right ramp performance including backhands. My other games are more like 6.5 but that right ramp seems like it requires pitch for the ball to go up smoothly. I found a 6.8 was better for hitting upper flipper shots (my record is 6 in one game). With 7.0 pitch I hit more right ramps and can backhand but feel like the upper flipper shot is a bit harder to hit now (best game hit 3 since then).
I noticed a post way back in this thread which is an interesting thing I also noticed on my machine. The cabinet is perfectly leveled side to side but the playfield itself seems off level with the right side being higher at 0.5. Someone previously felt they had a warped PF. My game shoots like a dream and certainly does not look warped, so really not concerned but it is odd and something I have not seen quite my other pins. I wonder if the heavy giant EM Mech has something to do with it.

#6950 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

For what it's worth I found leveling the machine precisely side to side and a pitch of 7.0 were needed for optimal right ramp performance including backhands. My other games are more like 6.5 but that right ramp seems like it requires pitch for the ball to go up smoothly. I found a 6.8 was better for hitting upper flipper shots (my record is 6 in one game). With 7.0 pitch I hit more right ramps and can backhand but feel like the upper flipper shot is a bit harder to hit now (best game hit 3 since then).
I noticed a post way back in this thread which is an interesting thing I also noticed on my machine. The cabinet is perfectly leveled side to side but the playfield itself seems off level with the right side being higher at 0.5. Someone previously felt they had a warped PF. My game shoots like a dream and certainly does not look warped, so really not concerned but it is odd and something I have not seen quite my other pins. I wonder if the heavy giant EM Mech has something to do with it.

Always level on the playfield, not on the cabinet. Lots of reasons why they might not match. The playfield is what matters.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 9,547 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 191.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.