A330918B-B8B1-45C0-A031-E3C677E46744 (resized).jpeg
ledzepppres_1lp_xxl (resized).jpg
LED Zeppelin-PREM-orange.png
LED Zeppelin-PREM-beige.png
LED Zeppelin-PREM-white.png
LED Zeppelin-PREM-blue.png
Rush cringe (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 143.
#2101 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya, too loud is too much. But its just so much cleaner and crisper. And more bass. I like to rock out occasionally, then go back to just above normal volumes. Kinda have to on this pin, flippers are really noisy and left eject clunky too. Gotta look to see if I can quiet that down somehow

I like the left eject clunk. Maybe it is intentional.

#2102 11 months ago

I just installed a real knocker in my premium. I turned off the virtual knocker. Does anyone know how to activate the real one?
I did not find anything in the settings.

#2103 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Sometimes less is more
I do not care for the flipper toppers with red-they look off to me and do not match the game very well. Need some better flipper topper that matches the game.

I think the red looks good, fit right in with red on return lanes . The black toppers don't fit at all , but to each his own .

#2104 11 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I like the left eject clunk. Maybe it is intentional.

I can say I've played two different LZ pros and one had the clunk and the other didn't. Not sure why. We did open up the one with the clunk and could find nothing out of the ordinary with the mech.

#2105 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think the red looks good, fit right in with red on return lanes . The black toppers don't fit at all , but to each his own

I know you are excited but you have gotten bit by the pinball mod bug bad. To each his own but those flipper covers look awful to me and I do not care for the picks pasted on slings-does not look right. Not trying to offend you, sometimes I am too honest for my own good.

I do really like those blue 3D LZ symbol speaker covers-is someone making them for sale?

#2106 11 months ago

I did a good coat of Blitz wax and the playfield is lightning quick, and it really made things shiiiiiiiiiiiny. I also ordered some premium SilverJets so I can have diamonds on my playfield.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-SJ5

#2107 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you get this without the Pyle speakers? These Kenwoods are good if properly amplified.

I bought this along with the Costco Klipsch Sub

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/led-zepplin/products/pinpac-4-stern-spike-spike2-headphone-kit-with-mute

#2108 11 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I can say I've played two different LZ pros and one had the clunk and the other didn't. Not sure why. We did open up the one with the clunk and could find nothing out of the ordinary with the mech.

my LE has the clunk too. havent investigated it yet.

#2109 11 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I just installed a real knocker in my premium. I turned off the virtual knocker. Does anyone know how to activate the real one?
I did not find anything in the settings.

Did you use this kit:

https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html

I did and followed the instructions at the bottom and it is working great.

#2110 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I know you are excited but you have gotten bit by the pinball mod bug bad. To each his own but those flipper covers look awful to me and I do not care for the picks pasted on slings-does not look right. Not trying to offend you, sometimes I am too honest for my own good.
I do really like those blue 3D LZ symbol speaker covers-is someone making them for sale?

Agreed on the picks, they are gone, was just an idea. The red does fit good on there tho, but its ok you don't like them.

#2111 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I did a good coat of Blitz wax and the playfield is lightning quick, and it really made things shiiiiiiiiiiiny. I also ordered some premium SilverJets so I can have diamonds on my playfield.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-SJ5

"SILVERJET™ pinballs may retain magnetism if the game has magnet features." From the Marco website.

#2112 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The red does fit good

The red and black looks like ass and makes it look hoge poge(seriously does not match). Someone needs to make some better ones for LE owners especially. Something subtle tasteful and something that matches the playfield color and theme. Also while I like my blue superbands with blue light shining from below I thought hot pink or gold colored bands would look sharp as well.

#2113 11 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

"SILVERJET™ pinballs may retain magnetism if the game has magnet features." From the Marco website.

I do not have issues on newer machines, older machines troughs-yes for sure.

#2114 11 months ago

LE owner #274 reporting for duty. Love this game!

#2115 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The red looks like ass and makes it look hoge poge(seriously does not match). Someone needs to make some better ones for LE owners especially. Something subtle tasteful and something that matches the playfield color and theme. Also while I like my blue superbands with blue light shining from below I thought hot pink or gold colored bands would look sharp as well.

Pink?

#2116 11 months ago

Yes and for flipper toppers as well. I was just starring at my machine trying to think of what would match the art. My problem with the red and black is it contrast too much with lower art. It is turquoise and hot pink and the red and black throw it off for me for some reason? I thought maybe half turquoise blue on top fading to hot pink on bottom with gold stars(match the top of magic spinner)? Something that actually matches art? Or I will just leave it be
GEDC6373.JPG

#2117 11 months ago
Quoted from drredness:

reporting for duty

Welcome aboard soldier....I don't know what's better- sticking your head inside that machine and smelling that NIB smell? Or the smell of Napalm in the morning?

napalm in morning.jpg

#2118 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Welcome aboard soldier....I don't know what's better- sticking your head inside that machine and smelling that NIB smell? Or the smell of Napalm in the morning?
[quoted image]

Nothing like the smell of a new pinball machine but Kerosene, Jet -A and diesel,have a might fine aroma too!

#2119 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nothing like the smell of a new pinball machine

I seriously stuff my head in and take a snuff-really weird?

#2120 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I seriously stuff my head in and take a snuff-really weird?

Only mildly odd but I get it.

#2121 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes and for flipper toppers as well. I was just starring at my machine trying to think of what would match the art. My problem with the red and black is it contrast too much with lower art. It is turquoise and hot pink and the red and black throw it off for me for some reason? I thought maybe half turquoise blue on top fading to hot pink on bottom with gold stars(match the top of magic spinner)? Something that actually matches art? Or I will just leave it be
[quoted image]

Art is always subjective. The black and white contrasts too much. Might look great on a premium. For now I'm happy with it. Always lookin for something different tho

#2122 11 months ago

I've got the sticky spinner too . . .

#2123 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm happy with it

I do like the art on them and I do think the Premium owners may like them more? But I do think some colorful ones would tie in better? Even thinking just solid color with gold wavy lines to match art? Sorry to be a pinsnob about art

#2124 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

...but what do they look like behind the honeycomb grills (which is how they are mounted)?

#2125 11 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

...but what do they look like behind the honeycomb grills (which is how they are mounted)?

I thought about that and what about front mounting with just double sticky tape? Some reflective turquoise blue mirror phenolic?
Speaker 3D.jpg

#2126 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do like the art on them and I do think the Premium owners may like them more? But I do think some colorful ones would tie in better? Even thinking just solid color with gold wavy lines to match art? Sorry to be a pinsnob about art

No its all good. I've had blue, purple, yellow, black and red on so far, and in person, red looks best to me. Also try to remember how horrified most people were, me included, of pics of the blue powder coat. While it's still not my first choice, its so much better in person.

#2127 11 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I have them in my game and haven't had any problems yet. I never had any problems either with any of my games. I do no about the warning though.

#2128 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've had blue, purple, yellow, black and red on so far, and in person, red looks best to me.

Look at us arguing over colors for our machines-I am such a flipping nerd!

NERDS!.png
#2129 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Look at us arguing over colors for our machines-I am such a flipping nerd! [quoted image]

Go sniff that cabinet some more!

#2130 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Go sniff that cabinet some more

I am going to sniff something-It's FRIDAY!

(Wife made some rezos-going to have a Margarita the size of your head tonight (; )

#2131 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

WE ARE ALL CHILDREN

#2132 11 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

(Wife made some rezos-going to have a Margarita the size of your head tonight (; )

I said earlier I’m craving a strong salty Rita, wish you lived nearby!

#2133 11 months ago

I tired some light blue on match up with the powder coat..

AA49473A-A8DD-4E26-A04E-6C9F30C99B8E (resized).jpeg
#2134 11 months ago

My LE is growing on me now. First couple games I really didn’t enjoy but I didn’t understand the rules. It’s getting better though now that I’m playing it more. Still not in love but feeling better about buying it. My wife and I plan to play it a bunch this weekend. Should be fun

#2135 11 months ago

The more I have played it the more I enjoy it. Takes a bit to dial in on the shots..now I am loving it.

#2136 11 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My LE is growing on me now. First couple games I really didn’t enjoy but I didn’t understand the rules. It’s getting better though now that I’m playing it more. Still not in love but feeling better about buying it. My wife and I plan to play it a bunch this weekend. Should be fun

Oh, it'll grow on you alright. Read through the 11 pages of rules Stern posted...it'll give you a better idea of how to think when you're playing. The suggestion to move along to the next song after 5 gold records was a good one as well.

PS - I LOVE that when you finish a tour mode, the poster says "Sold Out" the next time the menu comes up. Really nice touch!

#2137 11 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh, it'll grow on you alright. Read through the 11 pages of rules Stern posted...it'll give you a better idea of how to think when you're playing. The suggestion to move along to the next song after 5 gold records was a good one as well.
PS - I LOVE that when you finish a tour mode, the poster says "Sold Out" the next time the menu comes up. Really nice touch!

I haven’t seen that yet... I guess I suck

#2138 11 months ago

Also, FWIW, I turned the spinner a week ago. Not a single problem since.. could be that it just bent the arms in enough when I did it to turn it around, but it could be that some were put in backwards..my spinner leans slightly inward now.

#2139 11 months ago

Having an issue with an LE. The left eject scoop switch registers in test and in the game (because it gets kicked out right away). The problem is it doesn't register with the game code. The shot will be lit, you shoot the scoop and it'll kick the ball back out (without going into ball search) but nothing happens and the shot is still lit.
This happened once or twice yesterday, now all the time.

Had another issue with the center spinner. it comes up, you lock the ball, it goes back down and NO ball comes out of the trough. five seconds go by, then the magic spinner pops up again (without the ball stuck to the magnet) and rolls straight down the middle. I reloaded .93 (it was already on this version) and fixed this issue.

The only thing I could think is there is a corrupt sector on the SD card, so maybe replacing the SD card all together. any other suggestions?

#2140 11 months ago
Quoted from zosofan:

Did you use this kit:
https://www.pinballlife.com/real-knocker-kit-for-stern-spikespike-2.html
I did and followed the instructions at the bottom and it is working great.

Yes. I installed the PL kit. I turned off the virtual knocker. Is it necessary to turn on the real one in settings?

#2141 11 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven’t seen that yet... I guess I suck

The tip i liked was after em goes under table you can lock a ball in each eject. Did not know that you could lock 2 and was only getting 3 ball multiball instead of 4. Motorcity provided that tip

#2142 11 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Yes. I installed the PL kit. I turned off the virtual knocker. Is it necessary to turn on the real one in settings?

Yep.

Step 12. Go to the "Adjustments" section.
Step 13. Go to the "Standard Adjustments" section.
Step 14. Navigate to the knocker volume setting and change it to "OFF".
Step 15. Navigate to the Q24 setting and change it to "KNOCKER".
Step 16: Exit the service menu and enjoy.

#2143 11 months ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Having an issue with an LE. The left eject scoop switch registers in test and in the game (because it gets kicked out right away). The problem is it doesn't register with the game code. The shot will be lit, you shoot the scoop and it'll kick the ball back out (without going into ball search) but nothing happens and the shot is still lit.
This happened once or twice yesterday, now all the time.
Had another issue with the center spinner. it comes up, you lock the ball, it goes back down and NO ball comes out of the trough. five seconds go by, then the magic spinner pops up again (without the ball stuck to the magnet) and rolls straight down the middle. I reloaded .93 (it was already on this version) and fixed this issue.
The only thing I could think is there is a corrupt sector on the SD card, so maybe replacing the SD card all together. any other suggestions?

i might have had the same issue on my game. ball would get captured and should start multiball instead it was repeatedly go back up and down. Turned out the the spinner was resting on the ball and probably was blocking the opto which confused the game. in short- make sure the spinner is moving freely.

#2144 11 months ago
Quoted from zosofan:

Yep.
Step 12. Go to the "Adjustments" section.
Step 13. Go to the "Standard Adjustments" section.
Step 14. Navigate to the knocker volume setting and change it to "OFF".
Step 15. Navigate to the Q24 setting and change it to "KNOCKER".
Step 16: Exit the service menu and enjoy.

Thanks so much. I missed the last two pages of the instructions! Got it now. Time for new glasses.

#2145 11 months ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

in short- make sure the spinner is moving freely.

it is, it's not an issue anymore after re-updating the game. Wrote that second part, thinking it might be related to the first part some how.
I did have a prior issue where the ball hit the spinner starting the multiball prematurely. a combination of superlube and the spinner getting magnetized seemed to have solve that. Now when the magnet is active it pulls the spinner straight (least that's what I think is happening).

#2146 11 months ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

I have that problem with the middle ramp too. Let us know how your fix works.

So far so good. There are two screws holding the plastic on easily accessible when you pull the playfield forward. I removed the right screw and used a couple of nylon washers underneath to space the plastic up a bit then tightened back down. This brought the plastic in the front up some and so far I have had much better success with direct shots from the right flipper.

Center Ramp Plastic (resized).JPGCenter Ramp Up (resized).JPG
#2147 11 months ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

So far so good. There are two screws holding the plastic on easily accessible when you pull the playfield forward. I removed the right screw and used a couple of nylon washers underneath to space the plastic up a bit then tightened back down. This brought the plastic in the front up some and so far I have had much better success with direct shots from the right flipper.[quoted image][quoted image]

Tyvm

#2148 11 months ago

How do you access the equalizer?

#2149 11 months ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

How do you access the equalizer?

Menu under utilities then volume tab

#2150 11 months ago

Is it LE only?

There are 7,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 143.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside