IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 193.
#2351 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

What’s the issue? Sling isn’t registering?

Doesn’t fire. Leaf switches seem fine, when rubber is bumped both close and look identical to right side.

I tested both coils with machine off for ohms and are the same.

What should I look at to dig deeper?

#2352 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Doesn’t fire. Leaf switches seem fine, when rubber is bumped both close and look identical to right side.

See if the coil fires in test mode. Remember that door must be closed.

#2353 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When you test the coil does it fire? Sounds like you did everything but run a coil test

#2354 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

or he can pull that interlock switch out so it works with the door open

#2355 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Duhhh..

I apparently wasn’t looking close enough but two solder points were touching.

Problem solved!

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Take it off pallet and lay it on its side in the box. Its marked which way is ok to lay down. I couldn't stand it to know it was so close!!

should i take it off the pallet and lay it on its side to bring home or remove from the pallet after i get home to unload,almost time to go pickup

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

should i take it off the pallet and lay it on its side to bring home or remove from the pallet after i get home to unload,almost time to go pickup

What ever works for you. I usually lay it down on the truck from this side because i don’t have any help. One time I had them load it with the pallet and I had to move it to the tail gate, then lay it down to pull off since I don’t have a fork lift at home

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I don't think it matters- Its really if you want to have to deal with getting rid of the pallet at home.

#2359 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

It should be marked on box which way you should lay it, I've brought em home 250 miles like that, no prob. Easier to un box with no pallet too.

#2360 3 years ago

I’ve been getting some air balls off the Zep targets. Ball either goes airborne and lands hard in front of drop bank, flies up and back off the crossover ramp or very occasionally goes hard left to the rear of the Zeppelin ship. On the hard left I’ve had it hit left Icarus wing, land on the wire form of ramp, land in left loop and one time got stuck and had to remove glass.

I notified Stern this afternoon, it’s something to keep an eye on and very reminiscent to the air balls on Beatles early on and they immediately made a airball protector.

#2361 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

As stated, make sure it's laying on the side marked "truck this side". That is the bottom of the game in the box. Also the side you should use with a hand truck....

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been getting some air balls off the Zep targets. Ball either goes airborne and lands hard in front of drop bank, flies up and back off the crossover ramp or very occasionally goes hard left to the rear of the Zeppelin ship. On the hard left I’ve had it hit left Icarus wing, land on the wire form of ramp, land in left loop and one time got stuck and had to remove glass.
I notified Stern this afternoon, it’s something to keep an eye on and very reminiscent to the air balls on Beatles early on and they immediately made a airball protector.

I've had a few airballs from hitting the EM spinner while its retracting. One hit the glass the other ick, so I try not to shoot while retracting now. Haven't noticed any off zep tho

#2363 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sent ya pm

#2364 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

As Benjam47 said, turning around the spinner works. After I spread the brackets and re-bent the spinner, the spinner still got bent from taking hits. I took off the EM top and turned around the spinner. The bottom of the spinner now sits almost vertical. Spins like crazy.
As others have said the shots from the upper right flipper are all possible. I have done two crossovers in a row. I also made the center ramp from the upper flipper. I have done multiple combo ramp shots with all three ramps. The game is definitely a Steve Ritchie masterpiece in my view.
So far I have put in Flipper Fidelity speakers, red Perfect Play flipper bands, clear button shields and replaced the visible clear GI bulbs with frosted white.
I do not think the playfield is barren. The EM adds a lot. Many other Sterns are similar such as EHOH, MET and IMDN and they play great.

Most if not all open pf games play much better than cramped layouts... hence ehoh being such a good shooter. As soon as I looked at the pf pics for LZ I ordered one.

#2365 3 years ago

I have gotten a very few airballs off the right slingshot into the left outlane. I've already turned down the slingshot power. Time to turn it down some more.

#2366 3 years ago

New machine.

Any tips on what to do with a new machine, Ive heard people say to swap out the balls or any other things i should plan for?
Also would it be worth it to add a shaker motor to the Pro version?
Chris

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2367 3 years ago
Quoted from CAMelectricserv:

New machine.
Any tips on what to do with a new machine, Ive heard people say to swap out the balls or any other things i should plan for?
Chris

The balls that came in my Led Zep were perfect. No reason to replace them unless they look bad. I am not a fan of shaker motors. After playing both the premium and the pro, I think the Expression Lights are a must have for the pro.

Remember to install the tilt bob. Make sure game is level. Pitch is kind of personal taste, but I like most Sterns with the back legs 1/2 way extended and fronts legs all the way in.

And update that code! .95 is the latest and more updates are sure to come.

#2368 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The balls that came in my Led Zep were perfect. No reason to replace them unless they look bad. I am not a fan of shaker motors. After playing both the premium and the pro, I think the Expression Lights are a must have for the pro.
Remember to install the tilt bob. Make sure game is level. Pitch is kind of personal taste, but I like most Sterns with the back legs 1/2 way extended and fronts legs all the way in.
And update that code! .95 is the latest and more updates are sure to come.

What pitch are you running? I can't seem to find a happy spot

#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What pitch are you running? I can't seem to find a happy spot

I haven't actually measured it.

#2370 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I haven't actually measured it.

I started out at 7.2, but was hard to hit some shots, but loved how fast it was. Now at 6.7, but ball will hang up behind spinner occasionally.

#2371 3 years ago
Quoted from CAMelectricserv:

New machine.
Chris

I agree on the lighting, its kinda pricey, $449, but really adds. I do like shakers tho, have em in all games. Never had an issue , and have owned 10 or 12 sterns

#2372 3 years ago

Got her set up today and she’s already BFFs with GNR. Totally different playing games that compliment each other nicely.

This game, however, is just stupid fun! I love everything about it.

My EM spinner feels like it rips for ages after I slapped some zoom oil on it. So many combos... every shot feels great. Animation package is stellar btw!

62F523B4-BD65-41BE-802D-F1CBFAB866C4 (resized).jpeg62F523B4-BD65-41BE-802D-F1CBFAB866C4 (resized).jpeg
#2373 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Got her set up today and she’s already BFFs with GNR. Totally different playing games that compliment each other nicely.
My EM spinner feels like it rips for ages after I slapped some zoom oil on it. So many combos... every shot feels great. Animation package is stellar btw!
[quoted image]

How you liking the GNR SE? Did you swap to a LE backglass on the GNR?

#2374 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

[quoted image]

Getting my gnr se tomorrow. Can’t wait to put it in with LZ

#2375 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

my LE has the clunk too. havent investigated it yet.

Put a small rubber on mine on the coil post itself in front of the spring . seems to make the clunk a little less since the clunk was from metal to metal contact

#2376 3 years ago

Found a guy on pinside to make some pop caps. He's sending a few samples shortly, here's what he has so far. Silverballdesigns if interested

Screenshot_20210218-123448_Outlook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210218-123448_Outlook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210218-175634_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210218-175634_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210218-175650_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210218-175650_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2377 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Found a guy on pinside to make some pop caps. He's sending a few samples shortly, here's what he has so far. Silverballdesigns if interested
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He say how much?

#2378 3 years ago

Bout 5 a cap. He's open to any ideas you have. Im doin a set with lyrics too

#2379 3 years ago

Mirrored will look good i think. Now need to think about those slings,,

#2380 3 years ago

#39 finally in my possesion setup plays great,looks great I am going tonight as is but tommorow mods.

#2381 3 years ago

I found a LZ premium for a decent price but don't exactly love LZ music. Is the code & gameplay looking like a winner so far if your not the biggest LZ fan?

#2382 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

#39 finally in my possesion setup plays great,looks great I am going tonight as is but tommorow mods.

Wait till you hook up yr sound system!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2383 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I found a LZ premium for a decent price but don't exactly love LZ music. Is the code & gameplay looking like a winner so far if your not the biggest LZ fan?

what’s a decent price?

It’s a very good shooter like Spider-Man or Star Trek

#2384 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wait till you hook up yr sound system!!

If I go pinwoofer amp only setup, what is involved with install?

#2385 3 years ago

Update on the Icarus-jam problem: Before I removed it to sand the rod as suggested by a helpful Pinsider, I loosened the screw on the top of the assembly just a touch (the one just in front of Icarus). He worked perfectly after that...no sanding required. You just can't overtighten that screw. BUT...if you don't reinstall it without some blue Loctite, you run the risk of it falling out with all the vibration coming off that thing.

Just a suggestion for anyone with that problem. Back the screw off a bit until he's moving freely, or reinstall not as tight with Loctite on the threads for peace of mind.

#2386 3 years ago

I just want to give kudos to Pinwoofer for an incredible speaker and amp setup. The settings given earlier in this thread were fantastic. I just have to tweak mine since I'm also using a 12" Costco Klipsch subwoofer in tandem with Pinwoofer. Haven't found the sweet spot that removes any standing waves, and while I know I don't REALLY need the extra sub, it does add a nice rumble to the game.

Pinwoofer is professionally assembled, packed, and supported. The installation video is fantastic, and I have to say that EVERY company should support their products as well as Dan does. Truly amazing that you can reach him by phone throughout most of the day, and I really appreciate his patience. (The guy must get the same damn questions all week...)

Highly recommended! And yes...I know that between the Pinwoofer and Klipsch, I spent another $500 on the game. But it's a music pin by an amazing band and IMO it deserves the very best. THANKS DAN!!!

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just want to give kudos to Pinwoofer for an incredible speaker and amp setup. The settings given earlier in this thread were fantastic. I just have to tweak mine since I'm also using a 12" Costco Klipsch subwoofer in tandem with Pinwoofer. Haven't found the sweet spot that removes any standing waves, and while I know I don't REALLY need the extra sub, it does add a nice rumble to the game.
Pinwoofer is professionally assembled, packed, and supported. The installation video is fantastic, and I have to say that EVERY company should support their products as well as Dan does. Truly amazing that you can reach him by phone throughout most of the day, and I really appreciate his patience. (The guy must get the same damn questions all week...)
Highly recommended! And yes...I know that between the Pinwoofer and Klipsch, I spent another $500 on the game. But it's a music pin by an amazing band and IMO it deserves the very best. THANKS DAN!!!

yes Dan is outstanding to deal with

#2388 3 years ago

Guys, I can't believe this! I haven't made it to 1 billion yet. Tonight, I just skipped by that and went straight to 2Bil! All these pics came at the end of this single game. Crazy crazy crazy. This game is so good! The flow is better than I thought possible. I think I'll be chasing this score for a while. I was on the 10th song when it ended.

20210218_180032 (resized).jpg20210218_180032 (resized).jpg20210218_180034 (resized).jpg20210218_180034 (resized).jpg20210218_180036 (resized).jpg20210218_180036 (resized).jpg20210218_180038 (resized).jpg20210218_180038 (resized).jpg20210218_180042 (resized).jpg20210218_180042 (resized).jpg20210218_180045 (resized).jpg20210218_180045 (resized).jpg20210218_180048 (resized).jpg20210218_180048 (resized).jpg20210218_180052 (resized).jpg20210218_180052 (resized).jpg20210218_180055 (resized).jpg20210218_180055 (resized).jpg20210218_180057 (resized).jpg20210218_180057 (resized).jpg20210218_180101 (resized).jpg20210218_180101 (resized).jpg20210218_180104 (resized).jpg20210218_180104 (resized).jpg
#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Guys, I can't believe this! I haven't made it to 1 billion yet. Tonight, I just skipped by that and went straight to 2Bil! All these pics came at the end of this single game. Crazy crazy crazy. This game is so good! The flow is better than I thought possible. I think I'll be chasing this score for a while. I was on the 10th song when it ended.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't like you very much right now.

#2390 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If I go pinwoofer amp only setup, what is involved with install?

I dont know if he sells amp only, but if he does it would be simple. Unplug backbox and cab speaker, plug into his harness. then 3 unplug from cpu and his 2 boards plug in those spots. Plug 3 back into his and done. I watched the vid from hurry up, and didn't have to go back to look at it while installing

#2391 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hooked the klipsch to mine too. Its amazing isn't it? I'm playing with the attenuation settings now, where are yours set? I'm at -20 for music, - 10 for speech

#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow imagine your scores once you get the hang of it

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That 11 way combo is pretty impressive.
What is the Icarus Master?
Did I mention I LOVE this game!

20210218_182520l (resized).jpg20210218_182520l (resized).jpg
#2394 3 years ago

Clearly I am not the best player, I love the game but I can't seem to score well. I try to follow all the shots when they are lit, I get the tour and Zeppelin multiball consistently but my scores are terrible. What am I doing wrong? I am playing a lowly pro, just a fyi.

#2395 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I hooked the klipsch to mine too. Its amazing isn't it? I'm playing with the attenuation settings now, where are yours set? I'm at -20 for music, - 10 for speech

I keep moving it because for me, the music is never loud enough - but when you jack the music, the sound effects blow the roof off your house. And I don't think there's a way to balance those two...they both get louder. I keep moving the speech one along with it, trying to find that sweet spot where I can hear what they're telling me to do, but I don't REALLY have to hear that horrible fake British accent.

#2396 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Clearly I am not the best player, I love the game but I can't seem to score well. I try to follow all the shots when they are lit, I get the tour and Zeppelin multiball consistently but my scores are terrible. What am I doing wrong? I am playing a lowly pro, just a fyi.

You have to read the rulesheet that Stern put out. I've read it, and I still can't get gold records for some reason.

#2397 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You have to read the rulesheet that Stern put out. I've read it, and I still can't get gold records for some reason.

I got to the mini wizard mode yesterday just hitting the lights to the songs and knocking them out. After so many you get a record. 5 records go to the next songs. The new code tells
You now when you complete a song and I believe if the song ends it automatically starts the next song for you if you haven’t hit the upper lock to change it.

My score wasn’t crazy, it was 350M but my highest yet

#2398 3 years ago

I just got my highest score but 'not going to post it because there's not a 65 and older category.(and I suck)
This game is really a keeper, the more I play it the better I like it. The shots and music are satisfying, even more so now that I've progressed to having a general idea of what to do.
New owner's should try to set voice attenuation to +2 to 5 and music to - 10 to 20, that seems to be the sweet spot.

#2399 3 years ago

The game is a keeper for sure and remember we are only at .95 on the code.

Likely lots more to come!

#2400 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I keep moving it because for me, the music is never loud enough - but when you jack the music, the sound effects blow the roof off your house. And I don't think there's a way to balance those two...they both get louder. I keep moving the speech one along with it, trying to find that sweet spot where I can hear what they're telling me to do, but I don't REALLY have to hear that horrible fake British accent.

Yup, that fake brit is hard to listen to, wish we had a female option. I love the sound effects tho, think they are a huge plus for the game. Especially in communication breakdown when music kinda pauses, they really shine there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

5,699 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,617 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 193.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.