20240510_084408 (resized).jpg
20240510_084351 (resized).jpg
full front pst (resized).jpg
close cab pst (resized).jpg
coindoor pst (resized).jpg
Left side pst (resized).jpg
right side pst (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,796 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 196.
#7601 2 years ago

I've seen quite a few posts regarding topper lights failing. I've noticed my spot lights don't light at all anymore. Is there an established fix for these? Maybe code problem? Everything else on the topper works and the spotlights rotate.
Thanks.

#7602 2 years ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

I've seen quite a few posts regarding topper lights failing. I've noticed my spot lights don't light at all anymore. Is there an established fix for these? Maybe code problem? Everything else on the topper works and the spotlights rotate.
Thanks.

Wires connecting the leds broke. You can patch them yourself or open a ticket with Stern. They sent me new wires.

#7603 2 years ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

Thanks.

Definitely the wires In the spotlights - if one goes out, they both don’t light up. Find the one that is bad and solder it. I ended up soldering and adding some extra length to both of the spotlight led’s since both went out over time and it has worked perfect since.

#7604 2 years ago

Was definitely a broken wire. Thanks a bunch for the help.

Zep Spot (resized).jpgZep Spot (resized).jpg
#7605 2 years ago

It's a pretty bad design for an $800 topper.. They sent me a new wire to solder onto the led's myself which I haven't done yet, just used some extra wire and soldered there. Question was it on your right side or left side spot light? Mine was on the right

#7606 2 years ago

yes looking from playing position it was on my right side. This really is an underrated game. I kinda ignored it for a long time and played other pins.
Becoming one of my favorites now

#7607 2 years ago

Hey guys! So I’m picking up a LZ premium Sunday. I’m so excited. LZ is my hands down favorite band of all time. I’ve wanted this for a bit now. A year and a half ago I went to my distributor to look at one and unfortunately, a LZ pro was sitting next to a GNR LE. So the show GNR put on kind of soured me to the LZ. I ended up getting a JP premium because if it then. But since then, I’ve played on location several times. It’s grown on me tremendously. I’ve only tried pros and am so happy I found a premium not too far away. Pics/vids look great and guy selling is super accommodating with any questions, pics, videos I requested. I have a 3 hr ride each way to go get it and I’m bringing a buddy who’s super knowledgeable about pinball. Sorry for the long winded story. Just super excited to pick this up and play it. My questions for you folks are…what should I look for when I get there? Are there any questions specifically I should ask him? We agreed on $8k. Is that a fair price? I know this market is insane. I was quoted $9k for a NIB at distributor. It’s got under 200 plays and looks super clean. Thanks in advance for your help.

#7608 2 years ago

Congrats!! I bought a premium just a couple months ago. It has become a family favorite. We play it more than any other game in my collection. The value will go upon on this one as people start to realize just how good it is. I was faced with the same choice as you. However, I went the New in Box route. The only thing I would say is to make sure the electric magic works properly. Some have had issues with it. Mine has been perfect thru 700 plays. Stern designed a more robust solution later in the run so, it may be a non issue at this point. I think I saw the game you are buying. Is it in Hellertown PA? If so, have no worries. He is a good dude and a straight shooter. I have bought games from him over the years. Glad to have a new member to the group. Let us know how it goes.

Mike

Quoted from Jrl80:

Hey guys! So I’m picking up a LZ premium Sunday. I’m so excited. LZ is my hands down favorite band of all time. I’ve wanted this for a bit now. A year and a half ago I went to my distributor to look at one and unfortunately, a LZ pro was sitting next to a GNR LE. So the show GNR put on kind of soured me to the LZ. I ended up getting a JP premium because if it then. But since then, I’ve played on location several times. It’s grown on me tremendously. I’ve only tried pros and am so happy I found a premium not too far away. Pics/vids look great and guy selling is super accommodating with any questions, pics, videos I requested. I have a 3 hr ride each way to go get it and I’m bringing a buddy who’s super knowledgeable about pinball. Sorry for the long winded story. Just super excited to pick this up and play it. My questions for you folks are…what should I look for when I get there? Are there any questions specifically I should ask him? We agreed on $8k. Is that a fair price? I know this market is insane. I was quoted $9k for a NIB at distributor. It’s got under 200 plays and looks super clean. Thanks in advance for your help.

#7609 2 years ago

nocreditdot Hi Mike! it isn’t from him. But I did see that post recently. I posted a wanted ad for one and someone reached out to me. He Offered it to me before posting for sale. I believe it’s a newer run within the last year. Hopefully no EM issues. What was the date of the first run stern updated it? Looking forward to the road trip with my buddy. Haven’t had an adventure like this in quite some time. I’ll definitely post pictures of it all set up Sunday night. Stay tuned

#7610 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Besides general condition I would ask what mods Pinwoofer ? topper ? Price sounds good.Dont worry too much about build date its probably dialed in any bugs fixed by now.Enjoy it Mine stays here forever.

#7611 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

nocreditdot Hi Mike! it isn’t from him. But I did see that post recently. I posted a wanted ad for one and someone reached out to me. He Offered it to me before posting for sale. I believe it’s a newer run within the last year. Hopefully no EM issues. What was the date of the first run stern updated it? Looking forward to the road trip with my buddy. Haven’t had an adventure like this in quite some time. I’ll definitely post pictures of it all set up Sunday night. Stay tuned

I got my LZ Premium April of last year, with a build date of that same month. My machine had the "newer" EM mech, and I think it was on the cusp of when they first started with that fix. So if yours was built around that time or since then I'd guess you should be good as far as that is concerned.

#7612 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi: Only the truly best players on the planet are going to get the final wizard mode on games like Zep or Metallica without extra balls.
I've done both

GD Levi don't hurt your back trying to give yourself a reach around

(Yes I selectively clipped this quote because I thought it was funny)

#7613 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

My questions for you folks are…what should I look for when I get there? Are there any questions specifically I should ask him? We agreed on $8k. Is that a fair price?

On this game, the only thing you need to check is how the clearcoat and playfield look cosmetically. You should definitely expect dimples, but it should still have some gloss. All mechanical problems can be fixed, we’ll help you here if you run into any. Without mods, $8k is a fair price. If he added shaker or other mods, it might be a great price.

#7614 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

On this game, the only thing you need to check is how the clearcoat and playfield look cosmetically. You should definitely expect dimples, but it should still have some gloss. All mechanical problems can be fixed, we’ll help you here if you run into any. Without mods, $8k is a fair price. If he added shaker or other mods, it might be a great price.

I truly appreciate it. You guys feel like one big pinball family! Hopefully I can build my knowledge up over the next few years and pay it forward to new users. Years ago you guys taught me how to rebuild flippers and a few other small things. It’s such a wonderful resource. As for mods, he installed speaker lights. Which I could take or leave tbh. After LZ I’m eyeballing either a Godzilla pro or CCr se in the near future. Not sure which. Never had a Chicago Gaming Co before so that’s in the lead currently.

#7615 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Glad to hear! You’re going to love it! Picked our premium up last November. We’ve got over 1200 trouble free games on it and not planning on letting it go! LZ is also a lifetime favorite of mine!

#7616 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

It is worth what you are willing to pay. Last year at this time, during my nutty buying spree, I was stuck between a NIB LZ Prem and a NIB JP Pro. I really liked the LZ but everyone was raving about JP and LZ didn't get much love. So I went with JP Pro. I just could not get into it. I've since come to the realization that I do not like Elwin games. Just not my cup of tea. I sold the JP Pro and wanted an LZ Prem bad. I couldn't find a used LZ Prem. So I bought a NIB from a Stern dealer. Paid list + tax (the new higher list). I don't regret it for 1 second. I love this game. It is already top 5 of my all time favorites. I don't know why this game gets crapped on.

#7617 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

It is worth what you are willing to pay. Last year at this time, during my nutty buying spree, I was stuck between a NIB LZ Prem and a NIB JP Pro. I really liked the LZ but everyone was raving about JP and LZ didn't get much love. So I went with JP Pro. I just could not get into it. I've since come to the realization that I do not like Elwin games. Just not my cup of tea. I sold the JP Pro and wanted an LZ Prem bad. I couldn't find a used LZ Prem. So I bought a NIB from a Stern dealer. Paid list + tax (the new higher list). I don't regret it for 1 second. I love this game. It is already top 5 of my all time favorites. I don't know why this game gets crapped on.

Too funny. sounds like my story. Sold the JP premium not too long ago. It was fun but it wasn’t totally my thing. The theme is what drive me to get it plus the rave reviews. I’m so excited to pick up my LZ tomorrow. Probably will never leave my home!

#7618 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Sold the JP premium not too long ago. It was fun but it wasn’t totally my thing.

I had my JP Pro for about 2 years. It felt repetitive after a while, so I didn’t mind replacing it with Stranger Things.

Was worried that Rush Premium would make me neglect LZ Premium, but right now I love them both about the same. They’re very different games, so they’re complementary. Mini-wizard is easier to get to on LZ. I got over 1B on Rush and still wasn’t even close to the wizard mode.

#7619 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

So what other games are in your top 5? I’m guessing I would like them as well. Seems I’m not a tremendous Elwin guy either. Played AIQ, IM and obviously JP and didn’t fall in love.

#7620 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I had my JP Pro for about 2 years. It felt repetitive after a while, so I didn’t mind replacing it with Stranger Things.
Was worried that Rush Premium would make me neglect LZ Premium, but right now I love them both about the same. They’re very different games, so they’re complementary. Mini-wizard is easier to get to on LZ. I got over 1B on Rush and still wasn’t even close to the wizard mode.

Mini-wizard? Can you please elaborate? Thanks!

#7621 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

So what other games are in your top 5? I’m guessing I would like them as well. Seems I’m not a tremendous Elwin guy either. Played AIQ, IM and obviously JP and didn’t fall in love.

I'd say, in addition to LZ Premium:

Theatre of Magic
Medieval Madness
Iron Man
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Stern)

Honorable Mentions:
Star Wars (Stern)
Johnny Mnemonic (Ugghhh...the theme is crap though)
Stranger Things
Cirqus Voltaire
Tales of the Arabian Nights

So interestingly, in addition to Elwin, another popular designer whose games I don't like is Lawlor. I buck the trend I guess. I like Popadiuk (Though he has killed his reputation), Eddy, Ritchie and Borg

#7622 2 years ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Mini-wizard? Can you please elaborate? Thanks!

If you finish 5 songs, it lights the top scoop for Mothership Multiball. I think there’s also one for finishing all the tours. Haven’t gotten to that one yet.

#7623 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you finish 5 songs, it lights the top scoop for Mothership Multiball. I think there’s also one for finishing all the tours. Haven’t gotten to that one yet.

Thanks! Guess I suck…haven’t made it past 3 songs after about 400 plays! I’m sure I’ll remember this post once/if I ever see the mothership!

#7624 2 years ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Thanks! Guess I suck…haven’t made it past 3 songs after about 400 plays! I’m sure I’ll remember this post once/if I ever see the mothership!

I’ve only gotten to it once. If you can master stringing together multiballs, you’ll see it eventually. Good luck!

#7625 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve only gotten to it once. If you can master stringing together multiballs, you’ll see it eventually. Good luck!

Got to it for first time. Was a little unimpressed. Same song kept playing and really wasn’t sure what was different.

#7626 2 years ago

It was a long day but she’s home safe. I’m officially part of the club! Thanks for all of your help and input. Now excuse me while I play it until I have to leave for work tomorrow! Haha

5FAFDA39-6E5D-42CA-BB7F-6D49AAC471D9 (resized).jpeg5FAFDA39-6E5D-42CA-BB7F-6D49AAC471D9 (resized).jpeg
#7627 2 years ago

Congratulations!

#7628 2 years ago

Looks like I am joining the LZ group - just put a deposit down on a stock HUO premium.

Can't wait to get it.

I hear such mixed things about this game but it looks decent on videos and the pro I did play was not as terrible as some people make it out to be.

#7629 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Looks like I am joining the LZ group - just put a deposit down on a stock HUO premium.
Can't wait to get it.
I hear such mixed things about this game but it looks decent on videos and the pro I did play was not as terrible as some people make it out to be.

This machine is Fantastic you will love it.

#7630 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Can't wait to get it.

may as well order your pinwoofer and pick up a sub.

#7631 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I hear such mixed things about this game

It makes a huge difference whether it’s dialed in or not. I played an example recently that felt dead, and the shots felt wrong. I can reliably backhand the right and left ramps from a cradle on mine, and I think I’m spoiled by that.

#7632 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It makes a huge difference whether it’s dialed in or not. I played an example recently that felt dead, and the shots felt wrong. I can reliably backhand the right and left ramps from a cradle on mine, and I think I’m spoiled by that.

Any tips on dialing in the left 180 degree shot (hermit ramp)? So hard to hit with any consistency.

#7633 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Any tips on dialing in the left 180 degree shot (hermit ramp)? So hard to hit with any consistency.

There’s a great post on this - I’ll see if I can find it. The main thing is to bend the prongs down slightly, about 1mm is enough. I used my vice for this. But that ramp is is still a 10% shot for me, it’s just very tight. The funny thing is that I’ve seen people plunge that shot on my game.

EDIT: found the post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/45#post-6138882

You can also try loosening and re-tightening various things to see if it helps. Sometimes there’s enough “slop” that just budging a wireform or metal bracket 1/32” will make better.

#7634 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Interesting. I will have to try that out when I get it.

Quoted from Jamesays:

may as well order your pinwoofer and pick up a sub.

LOL. Will definitely consider it!

#7635 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

There’s a great post on this - I’ll see if I can find it. The main thing is to bend the prongs down slightly, about 1mm is enough. I used my vice for this. But that ramp is is still a 10% shot for me, it’s just very tight. The funny thing is that I’ve seen people plunge that shot on my game.
EDIT: found the post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/45#post-6138882
You can also try loosening and re-tightening various things to see if it helps. Sometimes there’s enough “slop” that just budging a wireform or metal bracket 1/32” will make better.

I agree on the difficulty of this shot! While I concur with bending the prongs down slightly, most of my shots 'rattle' the scoop opening and don't even get vertical enough to bring the rail prongs into the picture! Then, once in a blue moon, it shoots like butter! When it happens, it does put a grin on my face!

#7636 2 years ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

I agree on the difficulty of this shot! While I concur with bending the prongs down slightly, most of my shots 'rattle' the scoop opening and don't even get vertical enough to bring the rail prongs into the picture! Then, once in a blue moon, it shoots like butter! When it happens, it does put a grin on my face!

Make sure the ball guide is more to the right or lined up with the 180. Mine was to the left causing the ball to "skip" off the left side of the 180.

#7637 2 years ago

I’m in the club!

079B6E70-706C-43C3-91FB-C9C3C893147E (resized).jpeg079B6E70-706C-43C3-91FB-C9C3C893147E (resized).jpeg
#7638 2 years ago

Welcome! Great game!!!

Quoted from bajm:

I’m in the club!
[quoted image]

#7639 2 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

I’m in the club!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Would love to hear new owners impressions.

I have to wait a week or two for mine, being shipped next week with some luck.

#7640 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Can't wait to get it.

I've been telling Alexa to turn on Led Zeppelin soley for a bit now...I can't get over how good the game is. The honeymoon phase hasn't ended as it did with others. Maybe it was the lack of hype...almost disdain for the game? Or...maybe it's actually how goddam good it is.

Nick Lane stated that this game is so good because its the perfect showcase of how good you are at pinball and it's your fault if you suck. (I ad-lib'd a bit, but you get it. His dialect is more eloquent.)

#7641 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I've been telling Alexa to turn on Led Zeppelin soley for a bit now...I can't get over how good the game is. The honeymoon phase hasn't ended as it did with others. Maybe it was the lack of hype...almost disdain for the game? Or...maybe it's actually how goddam good it is.
Nick Lane stated that this game is so good because its the perfect showcase of how good you are at pinball and it's your fault if you suck. (I ad-lib'd a bit, but you get it. His dialect is more eloquent.)

I’ve said that from the get. Easily one of the most consistent shooters I’ve played. Very little “luck of the bounce” on this game which makes it really fun to go score chasing compared to some other pins.

Even on the very first code the scoring and rule set was solid. I agree I’ve had mine for a year and it gets fired up a few times a week.

#7642 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I’ve said that from the get. Easily one of the most consistent shooters I’ve played. Very little “luck of the bounce” on this game which makes it really fun to go score chasing compared to some other pins.
Even on the very first code the scoring and rule set was solid. I agree I’ve had mine for a year and it gets fired up a few times a week.

Yep! For example...I like TMNT...I really do, but it's DESTINED to end up in an outlane or slap down the middle because of a spinner you cannot control.

#7643 2 years ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

I think the crappy pro upper flipper shot, the copied album art and they lack of band involvement kind of ruined it (especially if you only ever played the pro).

The shots definitely look good and I know the music will be good. Hopefully I get it next week - badly excited.

#7644 2 years ago

Good morning everyone. Picked mine up Sunday (see pictures above). Game is perfect. I absolutely love it. But I feel like the ball ends up bouncing around the right outlane often and I find myself hoping it doesn’t drain. Especially after launch. I know that’s the direction it heads after launch but I guess I’m asking, is this common? It seems to be level and I used a straight edge on playfield to see if it’s warped but it’s not. Any help on this is appreciated. I scrolled this forum but don’t see anything on this issue.

Thanks.

John

#7645 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Good morning everyone. Picked mine up Sunday (see pictures above). Game is perfect. I absolutely love it. But I feel like the ball ends up bouncing around the right outlane often and I find myself hoping it doesn’t drain. Especially after launch. I know that’s the direction it heads after launch but I guess I’m asking, is this common? It seems to be level and I used a straight edge on playfield to see if it’s warped but it’s not. Any help on this is appreciated. I scrolled this forum but don’t see anything on this issue.
Thanks.
John

Check that the launch from the shooter lane ia not hitting that post above the targets. There is an adjustment screw in that hole near the exit from the shooter lane to help adjust the angle. Ball should be hitting the targets for the skill shot.

#7646 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Check that the launch from the shooter lane ia not hitting that post above the targets. There is an adjustment screw in that hole near the exit from the shooter lane to help adjust the angle. Ball should be hitting the targets for the skill shot.

I’ll definitely check that when I get home. But I’m pretty sure it hits those targets. The angle of them always sends it in the direction of the right outlane.

Thank you for the info.

John

#7647 2 years ago

I turned down the eject power for the launch. That helped big time. Finally been to mothership!! I really like this game.

Quoted from Jrl80:

I’ll definitely check that when I get home. But I’m pretty sure it hits those targets. The angle of them always sends it in the direction of the right outlane.
Thank you for the info.
John

#7648 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I turned down the eject power for the launch. That helped big time. Finally been to mothership!! I really like this game.

Thank you. I’ll try that as well. But you guys did see this happening often before adjustments? The game was practically nib with 160 plays on it. I don’t think original owner did any adjustments to dial it in. I want to get this baby perfect

#7649 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Thank you. I’ll try that as well. But you guys did see this happening often before adjustments? The game was practically nib with 160 plays on it. I don’t think original owner did any adjustments to dial it in. I want to get this baby perfect

Mine was fine at first but after 1000 plays or so it drifted up to start hitting the post.

Hermit shot is still dangerous because if you miss, it loves the outlane.

#7650 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Make sure the ball guide is more to the right or lined up with the 180. Mine was to the left causing the ball to "skip" off the left side of the 180.

OMG! The ball guide on our LZ was barely off…the 180 ramp was protruding about a 64th of an inch into the ball lane. I bent the guide slightly to the left so that it lined up perfectly with the 180 ramp. Then I bent the rail wires down slightly as suggested (only enough so that I knew I moved them). Played two games and hit that ramp 15 times and only missed it twice! I was even able to hit it following a high speed LH orbit shot twice! Between that shot and Electric Magic Frenzy…this game will never be leaving our collection! Thanks for the advice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.99
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bakersfield, CA
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

10,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,796 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 196.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/153 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.