20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianj1337.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

374 posts in this topic match your search for posts by brianj1337. You are on page 1 of 2.
#4303 2 years ago

My first NIB and proud owner of a Zeppelin premium!

Had it for a few days now and have pretty much ordered more mods than I should have, including the topper.
Been a pinside lurker for years and honestly had to pull the trigger since Zep is one of my favorite all time bands and the game play is just that good.

So far I haven't had any issues on 40+ games. the right ramp is tough to hit unless you backhand but aside from that I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
I've read through most of the entire 80 pages and learned a lot. I guess I'll be around as questions come up. Thanks, stoked to be here!

185849562_335241638032826_7676809322109687750_n (resized).jpg185849562_335241638032826_7676809322109687750_n (resized).jpg186481214_458693138767644_8559756788994384410_n (resized).jpg186481214_458693138767644_8559756788994384410_n (resized).jpg
#4319 2 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

This happened to me constantly, I ended up removing the entire gate assembly and then bending the straight end by about 45 degrees (see photo), this solved the problem.[quoted image]

This should be a sticky. Thanks.

So far still looking good. Some bugs with the spinner capturing the ball and going below but forgetting to launch my second ball for multi. I cycles, comes up releases and usually on the second capture it works. Just rebooted and seems to be working normal again.

#4335 2 years ago

So about 100 games into it.

So far only issues I'm having is when I charge up the Emagic spinner and then shoot to lock the ball into it it, it registers, locks/holds the ball then goes below the playfield and just sits there.

Comes back up does a trigger test? releases the ball to which then I can shoot it back into the EMagic spinner, locks/holds ball again, lowers and then gives me my ball at the shooter lane as it should.

I would say this is mechanical but then again seeing as I can predict the outcome every time and it's pretty consistent is this a bug with the latest Firmware? Any ideas? I've read through all 80+ pages and didn't really see this exact issue. Thanks!

#4338 2 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Make sure your spinner is vertical at rest. If not, it can interfere with the opto leading to this problem.

Just took the spinner apart. couldn't get it looking perfect but it's working now so yea. Stupid spinner is stupid and I don't see how it won't keep getting bent every couple of games.. aside from that one of the best pins I've played.

#4340 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

This is a really great game, make no mistake about that. But sooner or later all of us will experience the bent spinner. Not that the spinner is of bad design but it can't handle the playfield severe bashing position. Stern needs to beef up the spinner and send us a replacement.

Agreed. Already slammed another ball into it after I fixed it and can tell this fix won't last too long...

#4343 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is most likely correct. Having not heard any followup from Pablo at Stern (and he had hinted that it might be the spinner "hanging up on the ball"), I saw your post and thought I should flip my spinner back to the white side and see if that fixes it. It did somewhat, so I think you and Pablo are both right, perhaps.
When the spinner gets magnetized toward the captured ball, it's pulled in front of the spinner opto and for some reason that stops the multiball from starting. That could probably be fixed in code, but for now we're forced to rock the machine forward and backward to clear the opto and start multiball.
So we are on our way to a fix...that's the good news. The bad news is the spinner keeps getting bent again since I flipped it back around.

So far just tested a few games after bending the spinner arms and it hasn't happened again yet so it was most likely due to the spinner laying horizontal and not properly upright. Mine is crooked left to right but hanging and spinning great so as long as it's straight should work.

Got one more question, what is this plastic for? Looked in the manual and all over my PF and can't see where it could go? I'm sure I'm just not seeing it.

756389D8-EDF3-4C88-81FA-3D456B7E4569 (resized).jpeg756389D8-EDF3-4C88-81FA-3D456B7E4569 (resized).jpeg
#4348 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Raymond sets his games easy for streaming, more fun he says lol.
6.5 and loose tilt if any

Yea no way the outlanes need any adjustments on my side and this is with my 5 year old daughter playing lol.

#4350 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

So what is the best method for moving the outlane posts? I always keep my games at factory settings, but i do like to move the posts in. I read another post that said to use a ¼" deep socket to move the outlane posts, but when I tried I wasn't able to reach the nut, the post got in the way. I'm not the best with tools though, so it could just be operator error.
I'm seeing lots and lots of posts all having the same problems I've had with the spinner. Mine is now constantly stuck in a horizontal position, and I dread when the magic spinner rises. It's all very disappointing. Pablo confirmed that they'll send me a replacement once they have one, curious how long I should expect that to take.
I'm nowhere near as big a collector as many on here, I've only had four games since my first in 2005. How uncommon is it that a major feature of a game would have this many problems and would affect so many of the games out in the field? What are some other examples and how did they get handled? Is this just an inherent flaw of the game, a critical, fragile piece that is getting bashed in a way that is unavoidable, and can it ever be truly corrected?
All of that said, after having the game for a few weeks, just the other day I finally remembered to try Top Of The Charts mode. It's a lot of fun and a good challenge. I was playing a three player of it last night and came across a possible flaw though, I was player three and had a game that was never-ending on Immigrant Song, had 28 gold records on just that song, last ball would drain and it just kept spitting another ball out, never going on to the new song, just repeating Immigrant Song over and over. Finally just turned the game off.

That's a shame. I went into it knowing this flaw so I can't get too upset. If anything it just adds to the difficulty lol. BUT I will be sending an email out to log my machine as well as having problems. Still not registering the first ball capture so yea, a major component not working after 50 games or so isn't a great start. If they can fix this issue the magic spinner will be one of the better toys in pinball but for now I can't say that.

#4354 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It seems to vary machine to machine. I had bent spinner issues at the first, but after turning 180°, no issues since. Im still running 1.0 code, seems like lots of issues with latest. I'd suggest installing 1.0 to see if it helps. My ball return to shooter lane gate has never failed, and em has always functioned perfect. 700+ games so far, still diggin it!!

Been testing and my spinner is doing pretty decent after 20 games or so but the ball lock is still not working right. Seems to be a bug in the code.

#4357 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not. I just alluded to that in a post above. I think it's the spinner blocking the opto in front of the ball...perhaps your magnet was pulling the spinner toward the ball like mine was? I flipped it back to the white side facing forward and that problem went away. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it. Of course, now the spinner doesn't work as well as it did and I keep bashing the hell out of it. Gotta find a happy medium.

I'm on 1.02

Spinner is sitting pretty vertical.. white side towards me.
It was working fine but capturing the ball and looking for it. Also started doing ball searches in the middle of the game a few times.

#4358 2 years ago

What's the consensus on shaker motor for this one? Is it must have or easy pass? Some games it's tied into the code well so trying to decide if I want to add it or not. Thanks

#4360 2 years ago

The current code?.. 1.02

My spinner looks to be sitting perfect but the magic spinner definitely seems to be acting weird. My first pinball so I'm just kind of seeing if I can repeat it etc which I can hence why I think it's an issue in the code but if no one else is having that issue then it could be my sensor or something else.

#4362 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It seems a lot, not all of the spinner problems came with 1.2. Try loading 1.0 , only takes a few minutes to try.

I'm very new to pinball. I checked on Stern's website and only see the current code which I have... Is the process to downgrade the firmware different from updating?

#4370 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I still have the original spinner. It's tweaked perfectly and has a dab of oil on it. It spins forever unless the ball hits it a second time and slows it down or stops it. During the spinner MBs, I try to get a good rip on the spinner and then hit nothing but orbits or ramps until the spinner has slowed to a stop.

Mine seems to be spinning fine since I adjusted it but the actual mech is acting wonky AF since.

#4373 2 years ago

Ok been testing and something is weird. Could be my spinner and the opto but when I activate led zep targets for magic spinner it says "now shoot the magic spinner" but won't come up until I've hit at least 2 lot ramps. Then it comes up, I charge it fully and shoot the ball to lock. It grabs ball and then goes under the table but doesn't do anything. Comes back up and releases and then I can relock the ball and all works properly from there. Since I can repeat it every time I feel like it's a bug in the code but I don't really know.

So two issues. Not raising when it should and not reading the ball as captured when it should.

I've sent an email to Stern with my synopsis and trying to get a video to share here so bear with me. Thanks!

#4376 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

From my understanding the electric Magic will only raise and lower when the ball is in a safe area left scoop right lock and maybe one more.
If your spinner is not working properly when the electric magic goes down with your ball it wont register it is there. That is why it does a ball search and then comes back up and releases. You need to get your spinner adjusted and it will work properly. At least that is what I had to do as mine was doing the same thing.

Spinner is vertical and spinning great. It does pull into the ball/magnet a bit when the ball is locked. Wouldn't make sense to be mechanical like that though as it is repeatable and works on the second lock every single time?

#4378 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

where do you see it at 187 ,I see it at 45.

So many salty JJP fans lol.

Out of all the 100's of pinballs I've played Led Zep is easily in my top 5 if not top 3.

Of course you would have to like Zeppelin to rank it so high but in terms of gameplay it's a shooters pin through and through. Fast, flows (once you learn the shots) and aside from my magic spinner not working 100% still beats most games in the top 20 easily.

I've had infinitely more fun on Zeppelin than I have on Deadpool, JP, GOTG, Batman66, AIQ, TMNT and stranger things etc. All pins I have played at least 50-100+ games on now. This crushes them.

In my opinion LZ is easily one of Stern's best music pins in recent years if not all time.

Long story short, probably not the best for operators but for a pinball collector I'd venture to say of you remotely like Zeppelin this isn't one you can pass up.

#4387 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Mapalot:

Who cares what it is ranked? It is unquestionably, undeniably, inarguably, the best game in my collection!
[quoted image]

I played the pro a bunch and eventually went with the premium. The magic spinner changes the entire shot field and it's like two amazing playfields in one pin.

The pro is awesome as is and would still be in my top 10 still in terms of a fun and difficult shooter to master.

#4390 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I certainly didnt look at any ratings list when I bought mine.I saw photos and love the theme. when rush comes out im in ratings matter not.And yes Hayfarmer im in on Black Sabbath and can you imagine the song possibilities for Hendrix.

A Hendrix table would be an instant buy for me much like Zeppelin was. I never even check the top 100 as it's rated by guys that value POTC at $40k and think Metallica is the best music table made LMFAO.

Grain of salt when it comes to rankings. Most are probably salty JJP fans anyway.

#4394 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I rated it pretty low despite really liking the gameplay a lot (and upgraded from pro to premum). To me, I think it falls short in art, callouts, gimmicks/toys and video. Aerosmith does not shoot nearly as well as LZ, but to me it ranks much higher in art, callouts, gimmicks and video. Metallica, IMaiden and even ACDC also rank high in these categories. But like I also said, I don't care about the overall rating. What matters most to me is the gameplay (shots/rules) and for those categories, I gave them highest ratings too. Unfortunately, the individual ratings cannot be weighted.
Someone who looks at the playfield as says man that's really barren and rates it low, is missing out. But stern is also at fault here because the effort in the non-gameplay categories does not seem as strong as it has been for other music titles and part of it could be that LZ as a theme doesn't lend itself to great art or callouts. Perhaps they could have done a little more with the zeppelin or had actual locks instead of virtual locks.

Yes the premium cab artwork is pretty underwhelming but the playfield is GORGEOUS.

I thought the video animations and callouts are above average but nothing amazing. For a Stern pin though I don't feel it's lacking by any means.

As for toys? The Zeppelin toy looks like it was probably going to have a ball lock but they scrapped it unfortunately. The magic spinner when working properly (mine is not) changes the entire game and may be one of the best toys next to the saucer in AFM and Stranger things (both my favorite mechanical toys).

I can't think of too many that change the entire playfield so drastically and the fact that it shoots awesome with it up or down is why I love the table so much.

#4395 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I rated it pretty low despite really liking the gameplay a lot (and upgraded from pro to premum). To me, I think it falls short in art, callouts, gimmicks/toys and video. Aerosmith does not shoot nearly as well as LZ, but to me it ranks much higher in art, callouts, gimmicks and video. Metallica, IMaiden and even ACDC also rank high in these categories. But like I also said, I don't care about the overall rating. What matters most to me is the gameplay (shots/rules) and for those categories, I gave them highest ratings too. Unfortunately, the individual ratings cannot be weighted.
Someone who looks at the playfield as says man that's really barren and rates it low, is missing out. But stern is also at fault here because the effort in the non-gameplay categories does not seem as strong as it has been for other music titles and part of it could be that LZ as a theme doesn't lend itself to great art or callouts. Perhaps they could have done a little more with the zeppelin or had actual locks instead of virtual locks.

Gotta change your weighted rankings. Theme has always been low on my list. Dialed in is one of my favorites and the theme is whack. It's high on my list because really audio and gameplay/toys are what matter to me the most.

#4398 2 years ago

Side armor added today! Sketchy install but seriously looks like it was made to go on the premium.

Topper and dreidel shooter coming on weds or Thursday!

3E33B536-975B-4371-B3E7-D8457320B1DD (resized).jpeg3E33B536-975B-4371-B3E7-D8457320B1DD (resized).jpeg
#4401 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I misspoke, there's no bulletin yet that I know of, but Stern parts folks say there is a EM spinner kit on backorder.

Thanks Raymond!

great explanation on the action button. Didn’t make much sense to me.

#4409 2 years ago
Quoted from Trevorlawson500:

Has anyone received side armor or shooter rod yet?

Yep just put it on last night! Shooter rod and zeppelin topper come in on weds.

F1E113D1-7B27-404F-AB42-FCED4C6D837F (resized).jpegF1E113D1-7B27-404F-AB42-FCED4C6D837F (resized).jpeg
#4410 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Agree, but who really cares about ratings? I rated my lz le at 9.3 cuz I love it. Rated gnr at 8.8 , was good game, but too much stop and go for me. But I would never give a bogus review just out of spite. So, I buy what I like and sell if I don't like. Ratings be damned

I imagine most owners will be keeping theirs unless they're not big Zeppelin fans. For me it's 100% what I wanted in a pinball and why I waited years to get one. The fact that the gameplay is some of Stern's best in recent years is added bonus for me. Deadpool would be a close second for me for fun factor.

Ratings can make a difference in resale value I suppose but this one won't be leaving my collection. So for me it doesn't matter.

#4415 2 years ago

Music pins usually hold value regardless, as they eventually fall into collectors hands and stay there so even a lame game like Beatles (wish they did revolver - white album music!) will hold its value for sure.

I’m still having issues with my magic spinner. Sent stern a trouble ticket but not sure how those work. How long til they usually respond?

Someone recommended I downgrade the code to 1.0? I can’t find that version on the website so it’s a waiting game at this point?

Aside from my spinner acting a little buggy (I still think it’s software) mine is tuned in nicely as well.

I have the topper and shooter rod coming in this week!

#4419 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not when your Stranger Things TK lock still doesn't work.

Dang that sucks! What do you do in that situation? I'm kinda waiting to play zeppelin til my spinner gets fixed. Still fun and I can make it work but I want to play it how it's supposed to be played.

#4422 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just have to tweak it over the summer when I have more time. Right now, it's the LZ spinner/EM ball lock situation that has me flummoxed and contacting Stern all the time.

Yea I just got an email back and sending them pics of mine so I’ll keep ya posted on what I hear.

#4427 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I'm in the same boat. My spinner doesn't work at all, just stays horizontal. So I'm just playing my other games, Zeppelin is collecting dust.

How long ago did you reach out to support?

#4428 2 years ago
Quoted from Kside:

Mine has broke 3 times, original after 500 games, and 2 more by 750, I ordered 15 of them

Can you share where and which part what you ordered?

#4433 2 years ago
Quoted from Kside:

It’s the round rubber (1 3/4”) behind the ZEP drop targets, I ordered from titan, it is an odd ring, not on the ring chart

Thanks, I have a universal titan kit coming so maybe there might be one in there...

Speaking of Zeppelins I've been heavily considering getting mine Hydro dipped in psychedelic colors.. Still on the fence lol
For now I got an orange Led Zeppelin Sticker to go on next time I get my glass off.

I have some flipper mods but don't like them too much. Someone had a nice set in here awhile back but never could find out where he got them from.

#4437 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

How does one go about disabling the spinner? Something in the settings, or more involved? I wouldn't mind doing that to mine until I get the replacement parts from Stern.

Am I wrong to think this is a silly question for a $7k machine? My spinner has been broken or improperly working since around game 15-20. Put another 100 games on it testing and messing around but yea not great start for my first go at a pinball machine. I get there’s tinkering to this hobby and repairs which I’m more than capable of but I expected the main component and selling point of the premium and le to at least work properly?

#4445 2 years ago

Just got me topper. Let me ask because I may be wrong but are these lights on fucking backwards?!

They point away from the topper down and towards the floor and at the player. In the promo videos it shines on the roof and topper zeppelin. Am I missing something? I'll keep playing but haven't seen them point at the roof once. they shine right at the player at game start, is that normal?

2BA0ACA5-9091-44EE-ACD7-A9669F3E52B3 (resized).jpeg2BA0ACA5-9091-44EE-ACD7-A9669F3E52B3 (resized).jpeg978C60EA-B059-4AB1-929D-EACE443C3503 (resized).jpeg978C60EA-B059-4AB1-929D-EACE443C3503 (resized).jpeg

#4447 2 years ago

Points straight down and in most games moves around but always pointing down. Cables are super tight on back of the lights when in this position pictured here. Can someone with a topper please verify if this is normal. Thanks

Also box was definitely opened prior wondering if they sent me a bunk unit.

EC3BFA13-2F36-4CFE-9E3A-23AE12773382 (resized).jpegEC3BFA13-2F36-4CFE-9E3A-23AE12773382 (resized).jpeg

#4449 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You have to point/ swivel the lights up.
The are folded down for shipment.
Sadly the motor only turns it. Doesn't move the spots up and down, they are fixed.

holy hell I’m dumb. Thank you. Didn’t want to force anything.

#4451 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

This is why we love the LZ thread

LoL

Much better thanks y’all!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4453 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Mine were shining right in my eyes when they would turn and I was so pissed.
"Who designed these spots to shine right in my eyes? Are you supposed to be five feet tall?!"
Glad I was alone complaining and when I figured out to pivot them up

maybe we can get a special forum flair (not so bright) lol.

#4454 2 years ago

Ok we’ll still waiting on a fix for my magic spinner. Played a game today testing the topper and it did work as should so it’s intermittent for sure.

#4456 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Hey I was going to put wd40 on my spinner glad I found the triFlo 1st

I’ve never had to grease a spinner before and waiting on stern to get back to me with a fix if there is one before I start tweaking things too much unnecessarily.

When it’s working properly it’s so awesome.

#4460 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I like it cuz we are likely a bunch of old farts who love our LZ pin!

I'm just about 40.. Am I really old?? :O

Zeppelin is my favorite band but that's because I was raised by hippies.

#4463 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yup. 40 is the new 60

after my time in the military I know some 60 year olds in better health.

Quoted from JD4444:

Led Zeppelin has been my favourite band since before you were born .

Well you seem like you have good taste friend!

#4471 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I can see that it wouldn't appeal to everyone and therefore some won't score it very high but anyone who gives this machine under 7.5 is a tool. It may not be perfect but it is a blast.

Depends, the artwork on the premium for many is what cost it points and honestly one of the few places I dinged it in score. But my weighted rankings have theme and cab art set fairly low. I love the premium artwork personally which is what sold me honestly.

Quoted from Morhaus:

I will note that you don't see LZ/Stern hommies rating the GNR at a 3.x.

Yea.. I haven't played GnR yet so I won't rate until I do. Those guys rating zep must have it based off a youtube video or some twitch stream OR they're insane to rate it so low. I will say not too happy about my spinner being broke so quickly but when it works it's great.

#4490 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Is there a conversion kit to put in 5.25 inch speakers in the back box?
I looked at pinwoofer set but the pyle speakers are not what I am looking for. I think I can get mich better sound with different speakers.
Also can you just swap out the speakers and sub or do you need an amplifier?

I have the same question. I’ve been looking at clipper fidelity 10” sub woofer kit with 5” back box speakers. Uses the factory sound board and under $200. Would love to hear some reviews from someone that’s gone this route. Also want to light my speakers when I upgrade them so would love to know compatibility etc too

#4491 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I have the same question. I’ve been looking at flipper fidelity 10” sub woofer kit with 5” back box speakers. Uses the factory sound board and under $200. Would love to hear some reviews from someone that’s gone this route. Also want to light my speakers when I upgrade them so would love to know compatibility etc too

#4500 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Your best bang for the buck will be a powered sub - there's enough factory amplifier to drive a sub but I think a powered sub sounds noticibly better. A change in back box speakers is nice but it doesn't blow you away in sound difference.

Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't sell the 5.25" speakers....but I do have the 5.25" speaker plates to mount them.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/5.25-SPIKE-2-Speaker-Plates.html
...though I am currently out of stock (expected back in stock in the next week).
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Hey Doug,

Looking at the flipper fidelity https://flipperfidelity.com/big-10-inch-speaker-system-for-spike-2-machines/

And a set of speaker lights, what do you recommend to get a look like this? (See pic) thanks!

E2149109-8482-4D5B-9757-5B189AAC2553 (resized).jpegE2149109-8482-4D5B-9757-5B189AAC2553 (resized).jpeg
#4502 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I don't see any specifications on flipper fidelity for the speakers. They should have the specs listed.

Yea don’t see any.. I’ve heard good things though.

I did get the alligator audio clips from gweem and thinking about just using an external sub on the floor but was worried about any kind of back feed into the system etc. hence why I figured maybe just replacing the factory speakers with something a little beefier for not much more.

#4506 2 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Keep in mind, I have nothing to do with the speakers or what is or is not shipped to you as far as Flipper Fidelity goes.
As far as the speaker lights go.... I believe the ones in the picture you have are my Standard SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits (Type 11). Both the type 11 and type 12 light kits light the entire grill area as seen in your picture.
The type 11 kit has more static colors available (20 preset with a near unlimited amount of color shades that can be custom mixed and saved), but only a few fade and flash color transitions. This type of light kit allows only one color to be displayed at a time and each bulb needs to be lit the same as one another at any given time.
The type 12 Speaker Light Kit has addressable LED lights in it with a controller that offers 7 static colors, but over 350 different color / color transition patterns. This type of light strip allows multiple colors to be displayed at the same time and also some bulbs to be on while others are off. This allows for far more elaborate color transitions and patterns.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/SPIKE-2-Standard-or-Deluxe.html
With both of these light kit types...there are things that may need to be done to accommodate certain aftermarket speakers. If you get a speaker that has a built in spacer ring on the front of it....this spacer ring will need to be removed. This has only been an issue with 4" speakers as far as I have seen. Flipper Fidelity used to have any option to choose to get their 4" speakers without the spacer rings attached to them, but I do not see that choice in the speaker package you have posted the link to. It also appears that in the pictures he has posted of that package...some of them have the 4" speakers with the rings on them, while other pictures show them without the spacer rings. So I don't know what you would be getting if you ordered them.
Also, even if the speakers are sent without the spacer rings attached to the front of them....you will have to remove the bars that run through the middle of the speaker holes in the 4" factory speaker plates. This is needed to be done to allow the speaker to mount directly on the speaker plate and allowed those speakers protruding tweeters to go THOUGH the speaker holes. I also sell 4" SPIKE 2 speaker plates to be used with my type 11 and 12 light kits that have the 4" speaker holes open....so you wouldn't have to cut the bars from the speaker holes yourself.
These details about using 4" aftermarket speakers with the type 11 and type 12 light kits are on my website here:
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Upgraded-Speakers-Type-11.html
If a person is upgrading to 5.25" aftermarket speakers, this is all a non-issue as I've never seen them sold with any spacers attached to them and any 5.25" speaker plates I have seen have open speaker holes in them.
I hope this helps to answer your questions,
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

definitely does, thank you!

#4507 2 years ago

What are people using for play field protection? Shooter lane? Anything out yet?

#4512 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:I put in cliffys in the shooter lane and outlane.

I don’t see that on the site for LZ. Is it a universal one?

#4516 2 years ago

Threw one of these in:
https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-spike-shooter-lane-protector.html
Good call pinmister on lowering eject strength to as little as necessary.

I actually have that coming in today!

Was it easy to install?

#4522 2 years ago

Friday night mods!

Added Mezel mods Big Ben, LZ topper, dreidel shooter rod, shiny new balls, shooter lane guard and orange vinyl decal to my ship.

Turned my spinner around while I was in there as well and so far 3 for 3 working on the electric magic multiball now.

Edit: em spinner still doesn’t work right.
3C70F69E-A299-4E45-9E6E-45CCA265B6C1 (resized).jpeg3C70F69E-A299-4E45-9E6E-45CCA265B6C1 (resized).jpeg8BA3FCF8-970D-45EE-9DE9-161F1436B334 (resized).jpeg8BA3FCF8-970D-45EE-9DE9-161F1436B334 (resized).jpeg9BC6278F-7AB7-4A18-9727-0DF8C6B5E463 (resized).jpeg9BC6278F-7AB7-4A18-9727-0DF8C6B5E463 (resized).jpegE131044B-87BB-4D38-BED9-B6C1A7E3EFEE (resized).jpegE131044B-87BB-4D38-BED9-B6C1A7E3EFEE (resized).jpeg

#4524 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I like my topper. Still not sure on my shooter tho. Its on and not uncomfortable to use, but sure is huge

The topper is so great. As for the shooter? It is literally one of the largest shooters I’ve ever seen. I’m not sure it’s a good thing or a bad thing lol. I like it but my wife isn’t a fan.

#4531 2 years ago
Quoted from BruketFans:

Magnificent mods
May I ask where you received/ordered the orange vinyl decal from? Like it alot...

eBay for like 3.99.

#4534 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I thought wives liked big things???

She wants to be able to hold the rod comfortably. She has small hands.

#4535 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Hey. My shooter rod is fine and so is the one on L Z! Still diggin the game, my opinion, its much better than what I saw in last night's mando stream.

Mando looked decent but nothing great. I’m still kinda pissy my magic spinner isn’t working right but once they fix that I’ll be so happy with LZ being my first pin.

I’ve put around 150-200 games on it so far but I’m not playing another game until they fix the spinner issue. Hopefully soon.

#4544 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I have 44 minutes and 14 seconds of the best band ever

Thanks I was going to do the math but you answered your own question!

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Odd that some of us have had no issues, i turned my spinner around at maybe 100 games in and have not had it off once since. Shooter lane return wire has not been a problem either. Just got lucky I guess,,,,,finally.

As for the spinner someone is right, if I nudge it when it goes under the table it will shoot out my shooter lane ball out.

Something is wonky and definitely an oversight on the design though as people are having to “baby” it or avoid shooting it when it’s spinning are you? (May be why you don’t have issues).. if you’re not having issues you’re probably also babying the spinner like many others have said they’re doing as well. I will not baby it. Wtf?..

It’s a bash toy and meant to have it shot at in multi ball over and over and unless you baby it as many have recommended, it will not hold up to normal play unless you choose to play the game entirely differently.

For now I’m ok having to nudge when it goes under as a temporary fix for now but it’s a major oversight on the design teams end.

#4553 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I respectfully disagree. A spinner is not a bash toy. On ANY pinball machine, hitting the spinner while it is still spinning is not a good idea. Yeah, if you get lucky the ball goes through the spinner at precisely the correct timing to continue the spin. More likely is the ball slows down the spinner or stops it completely. Then worst case is the ball strikes directly on the end of the spinner and boinks. This can happen on ANY spinner.
The reason this is more of a problem on LZ is two fold.
1. It is an optical spinner and spins like a mofo. I would guess mine will spin 8-12 seconds on a good rip.
2. The location of the spinner is in the center, not an orbit. This means the ball comes at it with maximum velocity.
So to me, and your mileage may vary, shooting the spinner in a certain way is not babying the spinner. It is shooting it properly to maximize score and minimize damage.
This is all I have done to my spinner and it works perfectly. I slightly bent out both sides where the spinner arms go through the holes. I have oiled the arms lightly. After boinking the spinner a couple of times and having to straighten out the arms with needle nose pliers, I then flipped it around so the black side faces the player. I think I may have had to straighten the arms one more time in over 1000 plays.

Weird the developer called it a “bash toy” guess he’s wrong.

Sorry just don’t enjoy having to tell people over to play “please don’t hit the spinner when it’s spinning, I know it’s hard to keep track during multi ball madness but don’t do it!”

I’ve tried to fix it, hangs straight. Only way it works properly is to hard nudge when the em spinner takes it under the table. A hard nudge it works. Still stupid to even have to work that way and I’m not close to the only one having issues as the last 80 pages will show you.

#4558 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No I beat the hell out of the spinner. Had to get replacement spinner and plastic right at the start. I cleaned up originals and still using them. 750 plus plays now

They sent you one?

I've asked and the response was "we're working on a fix with our engineers"

Whatever that may mean

#4568 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I thought I read on here that Stern re-designed the EM spinner brackets and were putting them on newer premium games. Is this true?

I have an April build date and I believe I have the original EM spinner. I'll take a picture when I get back home

#4575 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Mine looks more like your first pic with straight metal. My build date is April 10. Haven't had any issues with the spinner. Guessing I have the updated version.
[quoted image]

Mine looks the same. One good shot into it when it's spinning will bend it and render it unusable.

#4578 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That is updated. Older spinners have arms that are more at right angles going into the single tab with holes. The new assembly has the angled spinner arms and more solid side brackets.

Dang, that sucks then because the new ones are just as prone to bending.

I've bent mine back twice now.

#4579 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well, that's not good. i try not to bash it while it's still spinning.

I'm babying it myself but it's ridiculous to have to explain that as part of the rules to people when they come play (please don't bash the bash toy and I know you have to charge the spinner but let it charge and THEN shoot it. Also watch your multiball you don't shoot it up the middle when it's spinning or it breaks.)

#4581 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I still think the orig version is better. At the angles of the spinner wire on new its more prone to bend simply because of the length of the spinner arm. I work metal a lot , and it does not take much to fatigue. I have been purposely trying to hammer em lately, but still have not had to pull to fix since initial problem.

Yea the new one doesn't seem like a good fix whatsoever. With the angle it got bent first game my buddy played as I forgot to tell him to "take it easy on the spinner (this is so dumb by the way anyone that's making this excuse is also pretty dumb)"

I'm glad some people aren't having any issues whatsoever and I wish that were my case because the main feature of my game doesn't work right whatsoever. Out of 150 games I've played maybe 20-25 where I could actually play the game as designed. Kinda shitty for my first NIB but I have faith that either one of the owners will come up with something better on a mod or the designers will fix their stupid ass engineering mistake.

#4584 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

In contrast, I have had my premium for about 5 weeks now. It’s been played everyday since and I have not had one Electric Magic spinner issue. Knock on wood! I’ve been hitting the hell out of that thing for hundreds of games. Maybe mine is just built like a tank. I feel bad for the folks out there having issues, but not all machines are having issues.

That's good to know. I thought the same but I was also babying it til my buddy came over and got a multiball and bent it vertical. Terrible design.

#4604 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm over 1100 games now on my premium. I have significant dimpling but to me that is normal. No pooling, chipping or anything like that. My EM spinner has been mostly trouble free, just a few adjustments.
I highly recommend the prem/LE. If you get the pro, you need the Expression Lights. They are awesome!

I have a decent amount of dimples around the front of the EM spinner but only visible at a certain angle and doesn't effect anything. Do you have any playfield protection on yours?

#4631 2 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Got a notice from UPS that Stern shipped me something yesterday. I hope it is the new spinner! Mine works ok but it often does not rest straight up.

I just got an email from the support team saying "Our engineers have developed a kit that should help with your issue." so you may be right!

#4649 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:Hang in there folks, here comes the cavalry!
[quoted image]

What parts are those?.. I have a build date in April seeing if mine is the same. They are sending me the same kit though apparently.

#4651 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guess what fuckers!!
I am one of you
[quoted image]

Get the Led out!!

#4662 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Me too! When people laughed when I mentioned how great the spinner shots looked I knew i was on the right path.
Same thing with Beatles and Stranger Things.

Stranger things rules.

#4666 2 years ago

Same experience here, Levi. Pleased to join in welcoming you!
Sooo.... after a long period of frustration and finally having a game that works as designed, do I undertake the non-trivial task of installing the spinner kit and risking a return to the start of Levi's night last night?
For whatever reason, flipping the spinner working so well to fix such a vexing issue is one of the most "magical" things about the mech. Annoys me that the front decal is upside down, but hey, I can vent that aggro by taking a quick trip to RIP CITY!
Now put a big sub under it and go to Frenzytown, Levi. Congrats and enjoy!

Whoa whoa whoa. Is it flip it around or upside down? I flipped mine around and it helped but one good bash messed it up again. What came in the replacement kit?

#4680 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Flip it upside down dude. Here’s a pic of mine.
Not sure why it works but I guess it changes the center of gravity and also raises the spinner so it doesn’t take a full whack from the ball, but still gets hit enough to make it fly.
The image itself could be “fixed” with a new set of spinner stickers but who cares really. Still basically looks the same and since it’s smaller than a postage stamp hard to tell it’s even upside down.
[quoted image]

I was drunk when I wrote that lol.

Spin it/flip same thing. I've done that still giving issues. I'll definitely be trying the repair kit they're sending me and report back! For now if I nudge it good enough when it goes under the table it will usually read it but not always. Just weird it captures the ball fine but "doesn't recognize it"?

#4682 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It was flipping the spinner that caused the problems I had with starting EM multiball. The spinner was blocking the opto when the ball was captured (I'm guessing) and it caused the second ball to not be ejected into the shooter lane. When the bottom of the spinner gets magnetized toward the ball (in factory position), this doesn't happen.

Glass is coming off tomorrow and I'll put it back the other way then as I was getting some better results.. we'll see

May just wait til my new spinner comes in. Nudging it isn't the end of the world for now. Just had a decent 100mil game and 30 mil on trampled

#4684 2 years ago

I did find the perfect keytag for it

93D248B0-0916-4CD3-B9F8-C00CAB9F4BA9 (resized).jpeg93D248B0-0916-4CD3-B9F8-C00CAB9F4BA9 (resized).jpegCF242414-A630-4D29-BC2F-401BA04BB494 (resized).jpegCF242414-A630-4D29-BC2F-401BA04BB494 (resized).jpeg
#4687 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Where did you find that key tag?

Amazon.
Didn't realize it was licensed!

#4688 2 years ago

Tried to have a game night tonight with some friends and first game in got a 4 ball EM multiball. Womp womp.

Really hope the kit Stern is sending out fixes this shit.

6B00877D-9D9A-49C1-8206-FDFBF4E841F6 (resized).jpeg6B00877D-9D9A-49C1-8206-FDFBF4E841F6 (resized).jpeg
#4690 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Topper installed. Everything’s moving well. No lights in the spotlights. ???

Mine worked out of the box but check option #60 or 50 around there to see they aren't deactivated?

#4700 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, you are right, my bad. My premium is flat and is from april 10.
[quoted image]

My build is April and the spinner is the "new one" and has been fucked up since day one. I really hope they have something better in place than what they put in the April builds because it's not good.

#4702 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What’s wrong with yours? Haven’t had any issues with mine.

I posted a pic a few posts up. Got bent day one on a multiball.. Tried bending back but so far it usually fails to register when capturing and lowering. Seen it bug out a few times.. Then last night another 4 ball EM multiball got banged and bent it fell off entirely.. NOT GOOD.

I've bent it back once again and worked the rest of the night but this is going to be a long term problem and the arms are not going to take being bent over and over like this before snapping off entirely at some point I imagine.

EM multiball is so much fun when it's working but a 4 ball it's going to eventually get wrecked. No way around it with the current setup.

Still working from my most recent adjustment last night though (20 games?). Also put the spinner back the original way.. EM multi is so much damn fun!

#4706 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well whichever version it is within 3 games the spinner was totally stuck. Flipping it fixed the issue completely with no side effects.
My game is an early build I believe, January 22.

Since I tweaked mine last night it's working better than it has since I got it. I'm sure it will get bent again at some point but I'm enjoying the heck out of it regardless

#4729 2 years ago

I'm over here trying to break 200 mil

Loving it though, it's brutal.

#4732 2 years ago

Just found out I won a Led Zep banner from my distro FB giveaway! Going right next to it.

DBDE0A3E-2777-4B7B-9C6F-31D956BA3304 (resized).jpegDBDE0A3E-2777-4B7B-9C6F-31D956BA3304 (resized).jpeg
#4734 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm very happy for you! I'm a loser so I'd have to pay some scam artist $225 if I wanted to get one.
In related news: Can somebody tell me why everybody seems to have their toppers and I'm still waiting??? WTF??? I swear to God I ordered the thing as soon as it was announced.

That sucks. I ordered 2 weeks back from pinballpro but I think I got the last one they had as it went "out of stock" a day later. Hopefully yours comes in shortly!

#4744 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got a pleasant surprise in the mail today. Stern sent the new spinner assembly. Unasked for. Not sure if I'll install yet as original is working like a champ, but great customer service in my opinion. Much better service than that other company.

Hmmm looks the same as my April build spinner which has been bashed up pretty good unless they changed the strength of it (doubtful). Mine has been running decent since I last bent it but good to know I'll have a spare to have on hand if it ever gets too jacked up.

Got some new LZ artwork up today too! My banner should be here by the weekend.

D7158DF3-860C-41AC-84DE-0B57EF214F1A (resized).jpegD7158DF3-860C-41AC-84DE-0B57EF214F1A (resized).jpeg
#4746 2 years ago

Is stern assuming we got spinner decals in our goodie bags, cause i sure didn't?

Yea that's kinda lame... I'll take what I can though lol

#4750 2 years ago

Wondering if I don't put a small piece of rubber on the top and bottom of the spinner to help give some bounce back? Thoughts?

#4758 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd like to find something more vibrant than those blk and white decals.

I need something sparkly

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The kit appears to contain a new bracket design as well as the new spinner?
I’m curious to see one In action and see how it does.

Looks like my April build. Bent badly on day one lol

I was able to bend it back a few times and the last one seems to be much better for now but it’s only a matter of time. Will be good to have a spare on hand

#4770 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

So I finally had a good 1st ball ( for me ) got 550 million.... ball 2 and 3 drained almost immediately ended up with 570 million. So frustrating. Waiting for the day I have 3 good balls in one game.

If it makes you feel any better I just hit my highest score tonight.

C3B3B891-17B3-46B8-B9F6-726317BC2B20 (resized).jpegC3B3B891-17B3-46B8-B9F6-726317BC2B20 (resized).jpeg
#4775 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Hit my best score last weekend - 374.9m. Amateur hour over here and I love every second of it.

What makes it so great. I had Deadpool for a week and was hitting 300-500mil no problem. I can't break 300 mil on this yet and I've been playing for 3 weeks!

#4782 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Just got a new top for EM spinner and another set of spinner decals from Stern. Top had been on backorder. I told them I did not need the top after installing the new code. Got it anyway. Thanks to Stern for the great service! I will put them away for spares. EM spinner has been working great after reversing spinner and installing new code.

I know I've bitched a lot but so far my spinner has been working since I bent it. Also my crossover upper flipper shot is awesome not sure if I just needed practice or what but I can hit pretty easily now.

#4788 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

To all the folks new to this hobby/game, just a PSA. There are several legit players that own/play/design this game. Don’t be discouraged when a guy gets his game, sets it to tournament settings, and 48 hrs later puts up 1.3 bil ^^^ or does a tutorial and almost finishes the game (RayDay), or scores 4+ bil (wtf). There’s a lot of us flailing away and bricking that right ramp. Having great players involved in a game you own is ALWAYS a good thing. It’s one of the reasons I bought it without playing it first. Also, this might be a pep talk to myself after seeing Levi post that score haha. Play better!

I don't buy any scores unless I'm there and playing head to head. Too many people have the em spinner off, easy mode etc. Not saying anyone's scores aren't legit but let's see that angle of the back legs before we get down lol

#4790 2 years ago

I won a banner from Old town pinball and it came in today! Ties it all together nicely.

1B6DF17D-CECF-4754-AABA-9E5CE190684F (resized).jpeg1B6DF17D-CECF-4754-AABA-9E5CE190684F (resized).jpeg
#4804 2 years ago

Got my spinner today from Stern, no decals and it's the same spinner as on my build.

Has been working for now since I bent it but It won't last forever and repeated bending of the arms a new spinner is nice to have for spare.
Hopefully they send out decals for me too we'll see, if not I'll just print some I suppose.

#4806 2 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Howdy guys.
I'm not a owner of this pin. I doubt I ever will be, as I just don't love Zep that much for a pin that I personally think is very, very barebones.
I think the pro almost feels like one of the home pins stern is trying to make happen.
No real toys(the buff angel isn't really a toy and the Zeppelin is okay... But, that's about it).
I think the art and animations and clips are a bit ho-hum. The translite from far away looks washed out and faded and you cannot really read it easily. And its just bad scrapbooking for the cabinet and translite.
Now... I wanted to get all that out of the way. I'm not crapping on this machine. I really am not. Please don't just do a kneejerk response and hate me. I'm not trolling on this game and please don't troll on me.
I actually enjoyed shooting this game very much. I think it flows nicely(when the ramps don't reject you even though it seemed perfect). I was surprised when I looked up who designed it and its none other than Steve Ritchie. It makes sense why I thought the game had a nice feel to shooting it. But, also I think it makes sense that the theme(to me) came across as secondary.
Sadly I was at an arcade and I couldn't really hear the music as this pin was set too low. Which I would think would be the main draw for this pin. So I know i am missing a good bit of the feeling of this pin.
I will say I enjoyed shooting this pin more than I enjoyed shooting GNR. However to be fair to GNR it broke at the end of my first game. On ball 3 a rubber broke and the ball got stuck. Regardless, I still had fun on Led Zeppelin and I look forward to playing more games on it.
Do you think they were going for a more classic early 90s late 80s feel for pinball with this machine.
As I said it doesn't have any bells and whistles(apart from the amazing music library), but I did enjoy playing the machine. This was the machine I played the 3rd most when I was at that arcade. Really fun, and it'll get my money in the future as well.
One last aside... I think they could have done a better light show. Make it more psychedelic and I think the animations and clips could have had more energy. Watch The Song Remains The Same. THat was made in the 70s and looks so much more interesting and unique. I wish it had that type of GONZO energy for this pinball machine. That is what I would expect from trailblazers.
So just curious for any Zep fans out there if they feel the same as me. Again. This is not a bad pin. If you love the band, I think you'll enjoy the machine. Just not Gonzo enough for me.

Compared to Sterns newer pins, AIQ, JP, Deadpool, ST etc.

So far only Deadpool has kept me as interested as zeppelin has. It’s amazing.

The pro is a fun shooter but the premium and LE with the magic spinner is easily the best multi ball I’ve had in a game. The Ritchie flow shows best during multi ball.

#4814 2 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I think the area where I was playing was a tad bit too bright... Light shows are something I only really notice when its pretty dark in the room. A bummer that I couldn't experience both properly.

I played a pro on location with low audio.. Then in home enviroment with proper audio. Premium and up is a different game altogether.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Zep is a fine band, not one of my favorites. Personally I think this is the most fun game since Attack From Mars... another bare bones game. IDK, I've gone through a bunch... and this one is special. If you're a "toys" person there's plenty to choose from out there... but I'll take great shots, killer lighting, and a timeless energetic soundtrack over the "loaded" games out there any day of the week!

The EM spinner toy adds so much to the game. It’s almost two entirely different layouts almost. and the shot layout easily better than AFM imo especially when you can start nailing that up flipper shot! So satisfying.

Seeing as Zep is one of my families favorite bands this game was an easy no brainer for me to get as my first NIB pin. I’ve said it before but I think this may be Steve Ritchies magnum opus and the love he put into the gameplay here shows the more you play it. This one is a keeper for me 100%.

#4821 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I'll give you the pin, but I can't agree with LZ being better than Beatles music. They're a legendary band for a reason.
It was an inside joke between me and GorillaBiscuits. He loves the Beatles. I cancelled my order and never looked back. Still bummed about it too because that was an instant buy theme for me...until I saw it.

Had they made a Sgt. Peppers / yellow submarine / white album Beatles pin I would say yes. Since they did bubblegum pop Beatles zeppelin takes the win here.

#4835 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

fake and foolish raters mixed in with real raters.Some say I played 2 games and then rate the machine.Some are fake like the guy who said he played the pro and hated the electric magic spinner.Its hard to rate a game honestly without playing multiple games.Some rate low to drop a game in ratings and rate other games high to manipulate the list.The raters who actually discuss game play are the only helpful information you can get from the list.IMO

I could see how some hate the magic spinner. It adds a whole different shot layout and quite clunky if you suck. Lol

I fucking love it because it really can be brutal at times.

My favorite part about this game is you can flow fast and smooth shots for so long and then just boom slows down and drains. The minute you lose momentum it hits you it feels like. My only regret is not getting an LE.. I love this game so much it's a sure shot keeper for me.

#4839 2 years ago
Quoted from mbarreira:

I think anyone buys pinball machines just looking for the Top 100. But it should be an indicator of anything.
My point is how an amazing music theme like LZ is just 46. If the Pinside top100 doesn’t mean anything to anyone, and if there is any kind of “agenda” from some collectors when evaluate some pins, why it really exist? And for what?
Ps I’m waiting for my LZ Le next month, never played the game , just checked some videos from Dead Flip. Also I’m big fan of Steve Richie and LZ, so hard to fail on this one.

My LZ premium is me first NIB (damn wish I got LE now!!). I had only played the pro before taking the dive and watched a lot of videos and reviews on the premium. It's honestly in my top 3 games of all Pinballs I've played now. It's that good. The more I'm learning the ruleset and scoring the more I'm seeing how fun it is. Not to mention LZ is one of my all-time favorite bands but for early code this game is a BEAST. You're going to love it!

#4841 2 years ago

Newb question. How are you reaching the back orbit to wax the PF?.. are you guys removing parts to do this? I did a wipe down at 250 plays but there were definitely some spots I couldn't reach.

#4843 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Back left is near impossible to clean without dismantling. I'm waiting for mine to get much worse before doing so, and I'm over 1,100 games now. You can reach a lot of it by shoving a t-shirt rag through the area, but that orbit is really buried in ramps and plastics!

So same boat lol ok.

#4846 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know wading into the wax wars is pretty dangerous...
But I don't think this is anything you need to concern yourself with. You don't really need any wax back there, the game will play fine and nothing bad will happen to the playfield. Just clean back there it every now and then with a stick/rag.

Cheers I figured as much but since it's my first pin I'm trying to be proactive if possible. Thanks all

#4854 2 years ago

Just had an insane Zeppelin multiball and realized a ball went missing. No idea how this one happened lol

0FA13B2B-6109-4EA0-B2ED-9FDE4D5DC1F0 (resized).jpeg0FA13B2B-6109-4EA0-B2ED-9FDE4D5DC1F0 (resized).jpeg
#4858 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Same thing happened to me last week - a very special effort. It was the first time in weeks I’ve had to take the glass off, which I think is astounding for a new machine these days

Honestly first time I've had a stuck ball in close to 500 games now. It gets hung up on the EM spinner sometimes if it's moving too slow but yea I'm impressed!

#4859 2 years ago

What's the best way to lower the EM spinner a hair. ball gets hung up on it when it's raised up about 2mm on the back and 1mm on the front. I see one guy used zip ties from underneath, is there a software setting somewhere?

#4864 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

What's the best way to lower the EM spinner a hair. ball gets hung up on it when it's raised up about 2mm on the back and 1mm on the front. I see one guy used zip ties from underneath, is there a software setting somewhere?

Bump this? Last thing to tweak here and my machine would be dialed in perfectly.

#4866 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did you try simply tightening the screws holding the top EM plastic down tighter? There’s rubber grommets in there so there may be a little give and you may be able to get it a little more flush.

I'm talking about the bottom of the device when the spinner is up. When it lowers it sits flush and tightening them further doesn't seem like it does anything to change the level when it's raised.

#4869 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Loosen the 3 nuts marked #7 in the drawing. Then you can move the motor up/down to adjust the position when up. There are also two screws on the bottom that will adjust the position when down. Then you can fine tune the down position with the screws on top that Levi mentioned.
[quoted image]

Thank you! Will be working on this tmrw

#4876 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Loosen the 3 nuts marked #7 in the drawing. Then you can move the motor up/down to adjust the position when up. There are also two screws on the bottom that will adjust the position when down. Then you can fine tune the down position with the screws on top that Levi mentioned.
[quoted image]

You beautiful bastard. Much easier than I expected. Really makes me question wtf the other guy did early in the thread with zip ties to lower his?!

3x bolts like you said and need to loosen the bottom screws (pictured) to lower the housing and now it plays so much nicer now! Thank you!!

Need to make sure your EM is 100% level holy shit it shoots so much better now!!

8C0F6EAD-E79B-461A-890D-AE1AB8F84B7A (resized).jpeg8C0F6EAD-E79B-461A-890D-AE1AB8F84B7A (resized).jpeg
#4881 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Recieved new decals for new spinner assembly , they forgot to ship with spinner. Good service on their part, I've had nothing but good luck with stern.

Did you need to request or they send automatically?

#4896 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I've emailed Stern 4 times about getting a new spinner and plastic top. Last reply I received was about a month ago and that " the parts department is working on getting the kits back in stock". I emailed them again yesterday but no reply yet.

That's crazy, I emailed and had it out to me fairly quickly but it's the same assembly I already have And no stickers ya.

Quoted from thearcadegeek:

Thanks guys.
One last question. Anyone have a photo of the Stern topper on a Pro? My pro has the expression lighting and I'm just curious to know if the topper looks okay with the pro artwork. Looks great on the premium and LE. I have a topper on the way, but may save it in case I upgrade down the road.

I don't see why it wouldn't look good? While expensive I love the topper, when you're on field multiplier mode the lights go nuts it's awesome

#4900 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ha, I spoke too soon! The plastic top kit and spinner kit arrived today! And naturally the spinner has no decals. I just sent them another email.

I didn't get a plastic top just the two side metal pieces (which are the same as my current setup) and a Blank spinner.

My top looks fine so I'm not too concerned but what's the possibility of not being able to get these parts in the future if needed? Should I try and get what I can? I plan on keeping this pin for my kids one day so want to keep it as nice as I can and still enjoy it

#4903 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The top should be fine. It’s basically impossible for a ball to hit it now with the current code.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The top should be fine. It’s basically impossible for a ball to hit it now with the current code.

I'm amazed at how many issues people are having with some other rock pins currently and I'm over here just tweaking mine and jamming out loving the heck out of it. Very happy with my first NIB purchase as Stern and the forum here has been super on point with help and advice so thanks all!

My cousin who grew up playing pinball with me at our grandpa's house as kids came over today to play LZ for the first time and he had a smile on his face the whole time and he doesn't play much pinball.

He said "it's a whole music experience in a box" and I couldn't agree more. He was blown away by it.

#4906 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:Well, I agree but there is one glaring exception. Not sure if they didn't think about it or there not really a way around it.
When you are in the first phase of EM MB and it lowers the ball, now it's waiting for you to lock balls into the ejects. When that times out the EM raises up unexpectedly while there is a ball in play. A newbie or a player unfamiliar with LZ rules can and will send a ball straight up the middle right when the EM is coming up!

There is an option to "motion on ball lock" for the EM spinner and well as "motion when ball is far away". Not sure if that will disable that or not haven't tested but valid point.

#4908 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I feel like they need to change this up as I feel like this code is too easy. If I don't hit the locks in time I should lose my ball, the spinner should then come up, release the ball to continue play with the spinner coming right back down before the ball hits the flipper.

What's the EM frenzy and how is it different? I've noticed the opto will "grab and shoot" the ball around which is awesome but I've only seen it a few times. I want more of that lol

#4911 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

EM Frenzy is totally different and so much better than EM MB. Both in points and in wow factor. EM MB is easy on purpose. It's the MB that is "close to the start button". Not a lot of points unless you do the thing, which is to lock both balls quickly. If you don't, then the SJP is only gonna be worth 500K.
If you can do "the thing", I've seen the EM SJP be as much as 27M.
Now, the EM Frenzy SJP I have seen as much as 113M. And you can keep it going much longer and the sounds and light show are second to none!

How does one activate the EM frenzy? EM multiball I understand but EM frenzy I feel like I've just gotten it randomly.. Also what's the trigger for additional extra balls past the first one? aside from that the banking the combos makes some sense and the rest of the rules are pretty straight forward.
Thanks!

#4913 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's the second electric spinner multiball, nothing tricky about it.

Shows you how often I'm able to get a second one I guess lol! Not very often... I thought it had to do with which tours you did.. In the instructions it's called "switch frenzy" and looks like they edited it last minute.

#4946 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:I think he was just alluding to the fact that pinside is full of blowhards and jerks and that you willing to admit a change of heart doesn't fit in. It did come off as a weird comment.
I have a premium on order and just read a whole ton of this club thread. So it seems like the problem with the old spinner bracket is that the bracket is too close together and will bind the spinner, and the new bracket is too far apart and will allow the spinner to come free? Am I tracking correctly? Might need to use the old bracket on one side and the new bracket on the other
As far as the reason flipping the spinner works: as a spinner is impacted over time the arms will start to bend towards the flippers. This causes the bottom of the spinner to be drawn towards the flippers due to changing the COG. Reversing the spinner causes it to face the other way and will probably work until the arms start to bend back towards the flippers over time. Every spinner has this issue and will eventually start leaning bottom forward with regular play. I theorize it is exacerbated in LZ as any minuscule difference in the EM floor and playfield will result in a higher point of impact on the spinner, causing more force on those tiny arms.

From what I’ve learned of the EM spinner isn’t precisely level with the PF it will drive the ball into the spinner and jam it. Not saying it can’t happen when it’s level but I haven’t had an issue since I adjusted mine and I was one of the ones bitching about the spinner a lot.

They sent me the new kit but I haven’t changed anything out as they look the exact same as what I have already (apr build)

#4948 2 years ago
Quoted from mbarreira:

Great video with Steve Ritchie and Tim Sexton talking about LZ.
It would be so nice to have more videos available with designers talking about their pins.

This one was really good too https://thegrailwithdeandelray.libsyn.com/26tim-sextonlead-game-developer-of-the-stern-led-zeppelin-pinball-machine

#4950 2 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I love being wrong about a pin that I think is terrible...
Last week on our podcast, "Bro, Do You Even Talk Pinball?", I gave my impressions on the pro after playing one roughly for 45 minutes on location. It wasn't set up the best, and I acknowledged that, but I left very unimpressed to say the least. I shared as much on our podcast.
Yesterday I got to go to a collector's house b/c we streamed Rick & Morty. I was excited that he had a LZ Pro to play. That's the first game I played when I got there and I had a blast. It shot WAY better than the one on location. I was totally getting into the groove and enjoying the layout. I also got to learn the rules. I don't think they are anything special, but it's fun enough.
I then went to stream Rick & Morty and couldn't wait to get back to playing LZ, which I immediately did, even when the stream was happening.
I look forward to our next podcast where I can share this turnaround with our audience. I think we'll be also streaming a LZ LE next month as well.
Depending on my finances, I may pull the trigger on a premium...
-Nick

The best part about LZ for me is when the magic spinner is down it shoots basically like the pro. When the spinner is up it’s a whole different layout and shoots really different.
The EM spinner gets a lot of undue hate from the technical issues it had but when you see how much it changes/adds to the flow especially when you’re ripping electric magic multiball it’s honestly one of the better toys stern has come up with. It’s awesome!

I enjoyed the pro but for the price difference no way anyone should get a pro over the premium unless they’re putting it on location. Even Tim sexton the lead designer said essentially as much.

Premium is the way it’s meant to be enjoyed. Pro is just a primer.

#4952 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'm the last person to pooh-pooh a pro, but I've only played a premium and an LE and the EM spinner is incredibly compelling. I could see it being a little less whelming without it.

Some will say the pro flows a bit better than the premium and that may be true, especially for newbies and it’s still zeppelin so still up there for me as a great pin but for longevity and the added light show included etc premium looks to be the better value.

The EM multiball is just so fun it's the best MB I've played in a pin.

9FB75AF0-0A85-49CC-BEFC-960C0E0B6CD5 (resized).jpeg9FB75AF0-0A85-49CC-BEFC-960C0E0B6CD5 (resized).jpeg
#4955 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I know I posted about this in the past but this is getting to the point of being completely illogical. I would say about 90 - 95% of my 1st balls are less than 5 million and usually less than 2 million. Rarely on 1st ball do I get to play longer than a few minutes. At some point you would think random laws would apply but it is getting frustrating. It doesn't happen on other machines . I have it level and at 6.5 degrees. I just don't get it? Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I am frustrated. The laughter is waning and the frustration is increasing. How do you get a good score when you are down a ball almost before you start? I don't understand the scores in the billions. Seems impossible.
Sorry for the rant. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band and I really want to be able to play without having to start over ever 3-5 minutes. My highest score is 651 million. My average is around 80 -150 million.

I've scored billion on Deadpool within my first week. The fact that I'm a month in on LZ and only GC score at 250 mil or something says a lot. Very frustrating at times but makes for longevity in my eyes.

My angle may be a bit high on the back end but doesn't seem like it. I love the way it shoots just a lot of STDM drains

#4966 2 years ago

I ALMOST got my second tour done today.

Also got my lockdown bar accent in so I got that going for me.

93B9B8A8-F715-430C-AB02-7691A3DAA093 (resized).jpeg93B9B8A8-F715-430C-AB02-7691A3DAA093 (resized).jpeg
#4977 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Just installed the Mezel-mods illuminated drop target mod - f’n awesome - turned out way better than I expected. Mildly intimidating instructions for a new guy like me, just took my time and had it up in running in about 45 mins. Highly recommend. [quoted image]

Nice work John, I did the big Ben but this one looked a bit advanced. I may wind up getting it based on your recommendation. Looks awesome!

#4982 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Lots of reflection , you can go into settings and lower backglass lighting during gameplay, I have ours at 40%. Will return to normal after game is over

Now this is the kinda stuff I'm here for! Thanks!

Quoted from Mapalot:

LZ PLAYER TIPS:
Anyone master the partial right flipper press to activate only the lower right flipper. I can do it just standing around but during live play I have had no success. I am wondering if anyone else can do it regularly. It would be handy for extreme backhands up the right orbit. Every once in a while I hit a live ball right into the upper flipper that would go up the orbit if I could do it. No finesse! (So my wife tells me)

Just gotta slap that baby quick and watch the honey drip. XD

#4991 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I hit em all the time trying to get that upper flipper ramp shot.
Speaking of which that shot is fucking impossible. I’m it maybe once a game. I looked at it and doesn’t seem like there’s anything to adjust there. Maybe the rail? I’ll check it out sometime.

I make it pretty steady going from the left orbit shot to upper right flipper. Best I've done is 3 in a row so far.

LOTR_breath wtfff.

#4997 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Frenzy is awesome isn't it? My strategy isn't even score based, I just shoot led and zep continually so I can get to frenzy multiball. Sounds so good and so fun to play. And occasionally I get a decent score, highest so far is 850 mill, but usually around 3 to 400 mill.

My highest is still only 254 mil but I've hit frenzy more and finally done two tours in one game. Have yet to get a second multi ball though?! What's the trick here for that?

Also Great call on turning brightness on back box down, genius that improved a lot!

#5017 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Reason I stayed was I didn't see a huge benefit and seems like a few people had issues. If they were related to 1.02 im not sure, but seems like they weren't there before.

If you get skill shot does it light up and activate your ball save? I'm on 1.02 and it does not do this and I thought it did..

#5019 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I’m putting my order in as soon as I get paid. Can’t wait. Anyone do the Big Ben mod or the light up car mods?

I have big Ben and a few other mods. Just added some flipper skins (not a fan but wife likes) and a shooter lane protection today.

#5044 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ball save is lit on plunge, I believe if you hit skill shot it extends the time its on. But, its been awhile since I've paid attention to that. So not sure if that's a 1.02 fix or,,,,

mine doesn't seem to light at all if I get the skill shot.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Please PM this post to jorant . In case you missed it:

That’s funny. My 5 year old daughter LOVES the music and while she hasn’t heard them too much before we got the pin in home she now sings all the lyrics (tries too) to every song.

#5047 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pull the glass and see if ball save works and if led is burnt out.

It works in game just not when I hit first ball skill shot.

#5053 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Dialing in this game makes a huge difference. Make sure the Electro-Magic is flat and flush with the playfield and bend the ball guide inwards so that it sits just to the inside of the left 180* ramp entrance(the one you hit from the upper right flipper). So awesome now!

Since I leveled my EM spinner I haven’t had any issues (knock on wood). I haven’t bent my ball guide but may need to try that. I can make the shot pretty regularly but if there’s a way to make it a little smoother I may try it next time the glass is off.

#5055 2 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Thanks for the tips. New high score tonight 521,000 up from 330,000.

Any tips to get extra balls?

#5076 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:How do you keep track of song progress on the pro?

If you hold flipper at start of ball you can see progress

#5096 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I asked for a spinner kit - once. It arrived a few weeks later. No decal. I thanked them for the spinner kit and asked for a decal. Stern wrote back and said my name is on the list to get one. If you want something from Stern you will have to request it.

They said they were sending me the decals and sent me 5x led circuit board things and some coil or something. I may call as I think they sent me someone else’s stuff.

#5098 2 years ago

Haha I’m sure whatever these are that they sent is worth more than a few decals cost wise but I don’t want to keep it as it’s not mine and I didn’t pay for it that and someone else is probably waiting on these.

#5109 2 years ago

Had an awesome 4th of July party and LZ premium was easily the biggest draw next to the fireworks! 10 people rotating through 4 player matches all night tournament style.

My buddy who grew up with old riverboat pinball and hadn’t played a machine in years jumped on and scored 100mil his first game! I was shocked. He didn’t get above 80mil after that though. Most other (newer) players were mid 10-20mil with a few 40 mil games mixed in.

All in all everyone had so much fun though and the game ran flawlessly.

#5128 2 years ago

I've played at least 20-50 games at minimum on all the new sterns and LZ is easily one of the best pins i've played ever. It's hard as hell but for an owner I'm happy as I'm looking for a game that is fun but also a challenge for the long haul and this one hits all the checks for young players and experienced.

#5132 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I finally had the chance yesterday to play a LZ pro at an arcade, and compare it with the Premium I own. There aren’t huge numbers of any version in Australia…five of the LEs were stolen from a warehouse and I don’t think they have been recovered.
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed playing the Pro - fast and fun, and the volume was set way above the other five pins in the arcade so that was a huge bonus.
But the Pro is still a solid step below the Premium in playing enjoyability, lacking that all time classic Electric Magic spinner device. And the playfield did look horribly bare compared to the Avengers Pro next to it
I have not stopped playing my Premium since it arrived. My judgment call is those of us who are lucky to own LZs possess one of the great pinball sleepers. If you can buy one, get one now - and if it’s a premium or LE, so much the better

If it wasn’t for the salty JJP GnR owners LZ would probably still be sitting at #1 on pinside top 100

19FC7990-629B-44DE-A683-014F7B80E89F (resized).png19FC7990-629B-44DE-A683-014F7B80E89F (resized).png

#5137 2 years ago

That's my biggest knock on this game. The song selection is fine - the issue for me is that 10 songs is no longer enough on a music pin.
This may have been OK 10 years ago with AC/DC, but at this point, something like 14 songs should be minimum. The entire theme of the game is "Led Zeppelin", and therefore should be packed with more of their songs.

Really comes down to licensing and cost. 40 +minutes of zeppelin music to be able to produce earnings is crazy.

Do I want more? Who wouldn’t? But you have to figure they put 4 more songs on here you’re asking another $500-2000 on licensing fees at minimum.

I would love to see one more added in a future update just for fun tho

#5139 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’d like to see one or two added as well and with the various wizard modes there is plenty of places to use them.
Yes a couple extra songs would raise the licensing fees but if Stern were able to sell several more games due to the additional music is it not worth it to them in the long run?
If they sold 100 more games over the production cycle due to the additional music would it not offset this additional cost outlay?

Hard to say but for the 10 tracks they chose I honestly couldn't be happier. Sure there's more I want, I want all of them! But it's Zeppelin on a pinball, pretty much my dream music pin next to a hendrix or daft punk.

#5142 2 years ago

I would pay for more songs as an option.
Just need Tim to code them. All stern has to do then, is take my money and send updated code.
On Dj mode, id also like to add songs there. Is there a mod for that yet?

Adding songs to DJ mode would be pretty awesome!

I too would like you guys would probably shell out more money for more songs of course that's a pipe dream but would be nice!

What's ya'lls favorite songs to shoot too? Mine is either Ramble on or Song remains

#5145 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ramble and immigrant. Cranked the hell up!!!

I like the shot pattern in trampled under foot too.. Most people that haven't played this one or know how the rules go don't get how good the programmer made the shot patterns line up with the songs and how well it shoots in relation.

The ten song modes are:
● Good Times Bad Times
○ Shots alternate between “easy” and “hard” shots.
● Communication Breakdown
○ During verses, all shots are lit.
○ During chorus, shots “break down” and only half of the shots are lit.
○ During the solo, only the center ramp is lit
● Whole Lotta Love
○ Pairs of shots are lit, the pair changes depending on the section of the song
■ Left orbit and side shot
■ Left ramp and right ramp
■ Center ramp and right ramp
○ Drum solo will have pairs of shots that rove around
○ Guitar solo is only center ramp
● Immigrant Song
○ Outer shots start lit, as the song goes on more shots get added towards the
middle
● Kashmir
○ Left eject and right orbit start lit. Hitting a left shot will move that shot to the
right, hitting a right shot will move it to the left.
○ Once the shots converge on each other, that last shot will stay lit.
○ Different sections in the song may reset the arrows.
● Black Dog
○ Shots alternate between left, right, and center.
■ Left eject, left orbit, left ramp, side shot
■ Side shot, center ramp, right ramp, right orbit
■ Left ramp, side shot, center ramp
○ Hitting a shot replenishes the arrows and disables the most recently hit shot
● Ramble On
○ During verses, shots slowly move around playfield
○ During chorus, all shots lit
● Rock And Roll
○ Some sections have only 2 shots lit, but they are always lit
■ Left ramp and right ramp
■ Left orbit and right orbit
○ Other sections have more shots lit, but the most recently hit shot will not be
available until you hit another shot
● Trampled Under Foot
○ Orbit section
■ Left orbit and right orbit, must alternate
○ Ramp section
■ Left, center, right. Most recently hit ramp turns off.
○ All shots section (piano solo)
● The Song Remains the Same
○ Left eject starts lit and stays lit.
○ Slowly, more shots fan out and get added to the right. Most recently hit shot
disables until you hit a different one.

#5146 2 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

LZ not having When the Levee Breaks is almost criminal..but AC/DC does not have Long Way to the Top if You Want to Rock N Roll or Dirty Deeds.. I would guess some songs are more expensive to license than others. And it’s impossible to make everyone happy unless they could pick out their own set list. My AC/DC actually got me listening to the Black Ice album more

Levee and stairway missing are definitely painful.

#5148 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

While I wish there were more songs too, I've never understood this continual complaint. I don't get tired of the same songs any more than I get tired of any pinball soundtrack..

I really was close to getting a TMNT but the soundtrack literally made me want to rip my ears off... Zeppelin is amazing and will never get old for me.

#5152 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

They picked the best 10 songs to play pinball to.

I’ve yet to play a pinball machine with better music.. probably never will.

#5159 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Isn't pinbrowser dead now, after the great "Disco Iron Maiden" scandal forced Stern's hand back in 2019?

had to google it.. this?

XD

#5165 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe?
Long story short some idiot was selling this "code" out of a shabby tent at Replay FX (right next to the Stern booth) and not long after pinbrowser was nerfed in the code and now we don't get to have fun any more with this stuff.
If Beatles ever gets a code update many of us will have a decision to make. If it's just "polish" / bugfixes etc. I probably won't be doing it.

Oh dang you have it on your beatles?! How many songs do you have on there?

#5177 2 years ago

I added a shooter lane protector and this started happening, balls won’t clear into the lane properly but I don’t see anywhere it would be hitting the ball and just wondering if it’s maybe coincidental and my eject is a little weaker?… any ideas?

I’ll try and reposition further out and see if it helps.

7DFA027B-8830-464C-8121-B998995F76A9 (resized).jpeg7DFA027B-8830-464C-8121-B998995F76A9 (resized).jpeg
#5183 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

For those with the zeppelin stucky ball problem my late build has this plastic guard in place. May be able to get it from Gary
[quoted image]

Mine has the same protector and only one ball stuck there in 1000 games or so.

#5195 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yes, the spinner problems should have been fixed by the new software. My initial guess is your EM assembly is rising too high and the ball is catching air off the front lip.

This was my issue 100%.

Spinner fell off 2x in the first few 100 games. It wasn't until I rebent and made sure I was completely level when raised that it stopped happening.

#5197 2 years ago

Keep getting stuck balls out of the trough eject. Bounces back in since I added my shooter lane protector. I lowered the value to 170 and helped a lot but still getting a few. May remove the protector.. any advice?

B4D2613B-1F68-4E88-88C0-477D1FECE8ED (resized).jpegB4D2613B-1F68-4E88-88C0-477D1FECE8ED (resized).jpeg
#5199 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The shooter cones with a little sticker to hold it down. I've nevet used it. But is yours wedging the ball up? Have you pulled glass when it happens to see why?

Ahh maybe I will remove the sticker then as it does hold it up a little bit it seems but doesn't seem like it would be enough to be bouncing it back so much but maybe having a little play wouldn't be so bad.

#5201 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It looks like the ball barely fits out of the VUK with that protector there? Maybe just trim the protector or bend the end of the VUK slightly.
Honestly, after different issues with every type I've tried, I've gone away from any sort of fancy protector in the shooter area. Now I put down two layers of mylar before playing the first game and it is good to go and nearly invisible. As long as the edges where the clearcoat likes to chip have at least one layer of mylar they are fine. I put down two just for the heck of it.

It still fits just below with a 1mm gap as well but I think it being just barely that much higher is causing it to roll back into itself. Lowering the eject power helped greatly but still getting a few here and there and definitely annoying in a multiball.

#5205 2 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Does it by chance hit the bubble level? I’ve had to slightly move a couple of those over the years for this exact reason…

No that is much higher. I removed the sticker per hayfarmers suggestion and I'll see how it goes. So far so good but only had like 4-5 games to try it out but no issues so far.

#5220 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Seems 1.04 fixes the issue with the ball locked in the EM mech not registering and kicking a new ball into the shooter lane.

Oh snap. That's really the only issue I'm having still and it's not a major one so this is nice. Hopefully the ball save skill shot is working now too

#5221 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

this new download has 3 files, correct? First time updating a machine...

Yes but you only need the one (pro, premium or LE) file

#5225 2 years ago

Finally the pausing the icarus timer was my biggest one! That's awesome!!

#5227 2 years ago

Updating going smoothly so far.

7118EE8A-7CB2-4865-8065-6572A3F9A157 (resized).jpeg7118EE8A-7CB2-4865-8065-6572A3F9A157 (resized).jpeg
#5228 2 years ago

Ok had some time to play with the update. So far just some nice polish.

Did not fix my spinner capture issue still gotta give a solid nudge when it takes my ball down with the EM device most times.

#5230 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Where did you snag that Stern Dustcover?!....Been looking for a few of those...Sterns site has been sold out for months.

Got it on pinball life a few weeks back but not seeing it listed now

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-glass-dust-cover.html

#5232 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Thank you Brian - Just did a search using the SKU and bought 2 from pinballpro.com.

Sweet! I got my LZ topper and some other accessories from them.

#5242 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I was under the impression Stern has changed things so updates like this will no longer wipe high scores. Is that the case?
Smashed out a 2.4 bill high score last night and I’m keen to retain it for a while for bragging rights…

I did a full install with verification and still kept all my high scores.

#5253 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I am beginning to think my game is cursed. I know it is stupid but I don't understand how it manages to drain my first ball around 1.5 million with amazing consistency. I decided to keep track. Played 25 games and only 3 1st balls were over 5 million. 8 games were under 10 million and 3 games under 3 million. It seems like I can only get 1 good ball. One out of 10 or 15 games i will get over 200 million. Sometimes 3 or 400 million. Highest 651 million. 85 to 90 % of 1st balls drain in less than a minute. Usually one of the other 2 drain pretty quickly then i get one where i get a bit of time. I will hit 9 ramps in a row and as soon as i miss it finds a drain. It keeps coming up with more creative ways to drain too. So frustrating. I can't understand how anyone gets in the billions . I would love to see them do it on my machine. Seems impossible.

I'm over here laughing because I feel the same way. Best game I've had is 500mil so far.

#5257 2 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I got to the wizard mode last night on stream. If you need some help or tips shoot me a message.
My channel is twitch.tv/foxcitiespinball

Damn, you're really good.

#5265 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Well I guess my whining helped haha. I just played and I completed 8 songs and almost the 4th tour ... I actually had a frenzy that lasted a while ... I got my high score 803 million. That should keep me going for a while.
That is exactly what I needed... a good game to alleviate some frustration.
I know that isn't the greatest score around but I am getting closer to 1 billion

I'm slowly getting better so I know a billion is coming soon as I'm progressively getting higher and higher every game. Says a lot for the difficulty, I was banging 500 mil by day 3 on Deadpool, it's taken me months to get there on this one.

#5268 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I havent got to 500 yet

Quoted from Jamesays:

I havent got to 500 yet

I'm just trying to hit a billion stock settings then I'll play around with it for the kids to play (5 ball, easy multi etc). At my current rate I should be able to hit it any time now just need a few good balls!

#5270 2 years ago

ok... Just noticed this show up in front of the center ramp. Looks like it may be from the Icarus but I'm not seeing where any tips?

Edit; disregard found it.

6F628B21-DB62-4EF0-A7D1-C94F619FCF84 (resized).jpeg6F628B21-DB62-4EF0-A7D1-C94F619FCF84 (resized).jpeg

#5290 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It the pro that bad?

For the money the game is just that much better on the premium. Magic spinner does add so much to the game imo.

I played plenty of both and confident that the premium is better it’s just if it’s worth the additional cash. You can always turn down the lighting and how strong it is too.

#5297 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Going to tackle the shooter lane cliffy today....any tips for those who installed? Straight forward?

Straight forward yea. I went to a full lane protector from mezel but may go back to the cliffy as I’ve been getting stuck balls as it’s kinda bent

#5305 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Well I had 798 million on my second ball today. My high score was 803 100... 3rd ball drained right away and I ended up with 803 700. I thought I was going to crush my high score .
Starting to get more consistent with scores over 300 million now. I still don't know all the rules though but I am learning.

Congratulations! You’ll break a billion anytime.

It’s two steps forward three back for me. Can’t break 300 now when I was consistently lol. I saw on a Facebook group people averaging 70mil etc so I don’t feel so bad.

It’s brutal I’m taking a break for a few days

#5329 2 years ago

Got some cool memorabilia stuff to go next to my pin.

0546CD65-9BA2-49B5-B5C2-EF642576BB8D (resized).jpeg0546CD65-9BA2-49B5-B5C2-EF642576BB8D (resized).jpeg1C3ED3FE-9AD5-4AF6-8BBD-B138817A8B7A (resized).jpeg1C3ED3FE-9AD5-4AF6-8BBD-B138817A8B7A (resized).jpegAD08B129-3B01-44A8-8EE0-1C0889FAB77E (resized).jpegAD08B129-3B01-44A8-8EE0-1C0889FAB77E (resized).jpeg
#5331 2 years ago

What is that on first image?
Thanks

Mcfarlane 3D album cover

#5337 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Tim and co: please bring this back as a selectable option. It ruled super hard. Please and thank you!!!!!

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

3d upvote for bringing back light seizures!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4a59d672928ef2e74f5fa2041c75799a234e95b4-1626902767-1800"};
//]]>

Add me to the list.

#5354 2 years ago

Is chipping here common? Center drain on the apron. Anything I should worry about?

B49E351C-33D6-4580-9C6A-D1AB9BE45088 (resized).jpegB49E351C-33D6-4580-9C6A-D1AB9BE45088 (resized).jpeg
#5365 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Did it add a new setting adjustment from difficult to easy and finally you suck,speaking for myself of course.I love this game But score higher on most others.Maybe I should read the rules DOH

I know the rules this game just kicks my ass

#5391 2 years ago

I had major spinner issues my first hundred games or so mainly due to my spinner device not raising and becoming level with the play field. Would cause it to hit weird angle and jam the spinner

Once that was properly adjusted and spinner bent back to original shape I haven’t had a single jam or it come apart.

I do have to nudge my system when it lowers with a ball on occasion to hear a small “click” (not sure what that is from yet) but it will register after the nudge. This still happens on rare 20%? Of the time? occasion but since everything else is smooth as butter now it’s not a major complaint from me.

#5401 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

New style.
Does the flip trick work on these folks?

It did not for me.. Had to disassemble and rebend

#5404 2 years ago

P.S. thanks for hanging out in chat today, hope all is well!
[quoted image]

Is there a slight edge/lip when it enters there? Mine was too high by just a cm but just enough to hit the spinner at a weird angle. Make sure the magic spinner is level when raised as best as possible.

#5419 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Because its sitting to high and causing airballs is most likely the problem. Easy adjustment. Its not troublesome at all once its dialed in. Like every pinball machine is.

This. No way should it cause air balls. It’s a quick fix and should be checked with monthly maintenance.

#5440 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I almost completed all 4 tours today. Only needed 2 side ramps. Lit extra ball ... got all excited that I was finally going to get 4 tours done as long as I hit the scoop..... the bad bounce into a right outlane drain.
Sooooo close.

Dang!!! Nice moves! You’ll get there I just finally got 2 tours done myself!

Quoted from zaki:

that is what i i was hoping. but look at buffalo pinball. he just got one and it's broke. not encouraging.

Mine had the new spinner and I still had to bend mine but that is because it wasn’t level from day one setup.

#5443 2 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Hello. Rip spinner and ball frequently jumps and ends up riding wire ramp back to right flipper. What is this quick fix you speak of. Thanks in advance.

When your spinner is raised is it perfectly level with the playfield? When it's lowered is it level?

#5444 2 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

Hello. Rip spinner and ball frequently jumps and ends up riding wire ramp back to right flipper. What is this quick fix you speak of. Thanks in advance.

Ohhh or you may be hitting the metal posts on the back too. You need to make sure all is level it can be too low or too high.

#5450 2 years ago

Get ready for more "why so many LZ for sale" now

#5464 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The early pinside negativity really killed it early i think, but it is starting to turn around. Buffalo pinball just roasted it awhile back and now one of them own a prem and is praising how good it is. This game really needs to be set up properly, but more importantly, needs to be played in a home environment, the sound effects , to me, are a huge part of this pin. When its out of production, I think it will become very desirable. Not that it matters to me, its pretty much bolted down here.

Only way I'll get rid of my LZ is to trade my prem for an LE. I've played every new pin Stern has made since GOT and this one hands down is one of the most fun and easily best soundtrack!

#5476 2 years ago

Them GnR fanbois way too serious lmao pinball is supposed to be fun wow

#5478 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is what i'm talking about, you guys' are like ten year olds playing forts and inventing enemies.
No one on that thread is talking about you guys like that, it's all stuff you have made up.

You're the one that brought it up mate, no idea what you're on about tbh.

#5515 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I own them both- both are great games in their own rights. AS rules aren't nearly as deep and misses some subtlties that LZ has. on the other hand its a popular choice on league nights because of the easier rule set. I'd say LZ and AS fit nicely together in a collection. Now the real underrated rock pin is Kiss. So many people gave up on the game before they fixed the code.

I’m super bummed I passed on an AS last year would have been my first pin and the price was insane. Granted I wouldn’t have been able to get LZ this year had I done so and I’m stoked to be here.

If another came up for a good deal I’d snag one but since I already have one music pin wouldn’t mind a more adventure type game (MM, AFM etc)

#5543 2 years ago

Lubed the EM spinner today for the first time and yea… I should have listened to you guys sooner. Recognized the ball now every time on capture and lower and rips like a madman.

#5552 2 years ago

I started my zeppelin collection with a pinball machine but it’s growing quite nicely. Been wanting to collect something for awhile now.

72D42D09-2A1E-413D-88B7-7CF726DABDE7 (resized).jpeg72D42D09-2A1E-413D-88B7-7CF726DABDE7 (resized).jpeg
#5558 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The 2 i’ve seen in person looked like Buchemi in the Sandler movie .One stuck and the other roaming wanderessly.

Fortunate mines worked flawlessly so far

#5561 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I know I’m in the wrong place to ask this .I’m actuality embarrassed to ask but fuck it .I got 2 trustworthy reviews on this and I’m a Huge LZ fan but gotta ask .I’m trying to plug my way to 6 pins hustling best I can (First pin paid for on a $10 Draftkings bet that paid 8.5k so got off to a good start the rest tough labor).I’m making a fair trade friday for a NIB prem so once the box is opened is this a 6800 pin?Is the code final or is it too early ? This hobby is for fun I 100% understand it but I’m in a position where my decisions count until I fill my space .I know you all been here so what say you?

If you like LZ you can’t go wrong. The music and the light show are hands down best on any pin I’ve played. Its gorgeous

#5587 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Does the EM frenzy still have the ‘seizure’ lighting effect? I haven’t gotten there since I did the last update and they took away the cool lighting for the regular EM when it first comes up.

Sadly no.

#5627 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

That's not correct. I've made the Celebration Day wizard mode about 4 or 5 times. It doesn't take an hour. Maybe 30-40 minutes, tops. Once you get 5 gold on all ten songs you get to Top of the Charts, which is similar to Sea of Simulation in Tron. Basically, you get a long MB to try and bring all your songs up to ten gold. Even if you don't complete it, you might come out on the other side with just two or three songs that need to be finished.
I'd have to look at my audits, but even with the max 5 EB's, I don't think I've had a single game last an hour.

Hell I haven’t had a game over 20 min lol

#5634 2 years ago

I’ve tried most of the flipper Easter egg codes but not much unique to this pin that I could find. Anyone find any?

#5668 2 years ago

Should we all email requesting seizure lights? I posted on their Facebook a few times but who would email or would they ignore that?

7E56364D-E101-49CD-A3CF-DD6892A54279 (resized).jpeg7E56364D-E101-49CD-A3CF-DD6892A54279 (resized).jpeg

#5671 2 years ago

My favorite part of this game is how freaking solid scoring is. I'm not getting crazy variance on my scores. Some games are terrible some are great but most games at my skill level hover right around 200mil. Starting to work on building my multiplier combo but that takes more skill I don't quite have yet.

This game was made for tournament play!

#5687 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Based off of videos I’m inclined to go with the premium, but I wanted to see what current owners think.
There are no LZ’s pro or prem on location in Georgia that I know of, but the SFGE show is next week so I’m looking forward to trying them out.

I’ve played both pretty heavily, for the money premium with the EM spinner is where it’s at.

#5689 2 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

I was considering adding those lights, but I'd like to see one in person....can't understand what they do.

Heck of a light show with the music. Looks good there should be video up on YouTube of them.

#5699 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinnipeter:

Has anyone replaced the balls and if so what did you change them out with?

I got ninja? I think they are holding a charge though because whenever my ball is locked to the em spinner the spinner “pulls” towards the ball and doesn’t register sometimes. Anyone know if that’s a possibility and if so what kind of balls should I use? Tyia

#5710 2 years ago

From my experience my spinner issues all came from the EM device not being totally level with the PF from when I unboxed it. After I took 20 minutes to make it perfectly level I haven’t had an issue in over 1000 games. Just make sure it’s level when it’s raised and lowered.

I would just check it whenever doing monthly maintenance but I haven’t had to readjust it since.

#5735 2 years ago

I’m con

Anyone else getting some worse than average dimpling here?
The largest one is sadly my fault from when I had the glass off and was testing the magnet. Stupid magnet didn't work, up posts came up, launched the ball in the air. FML.
[quoted image]

I’ve got a few deeper ones but nothing major it’s leveled out for the most part after 1000 games.

#5745 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Who is selling these alternative translites again?
I reckon that one looks perfect with the topper (mine is coming … eventually)

I’ve seen them on eBay

#5818 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Awesome thanks a bunch. I have been following the mando thread since the beginning so I know what to do when that pin arrives, but led Zep was an impulse buy and I am late to the party lol.

Like Hayfarmer said. Definitely check the level on the spinner I didn’t do that and would get air balls when it was down and bent my spinner when it was up. I leveled perfectly and haven’t had a single issue since.

1 week later
#5897 2 years ago

Just ordered my shaker motor! Can't wait! Seems easy enough to install.

#5918 2 years ago

Had topper since day one. Yet to break 600 mil. Will be getting a Shaker motor this afternoon I will let you know if that helps!

#5922 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've done all those,PLUS the lermods hermit , still can't cross a billion

Race to 1 bil? I've been trying daily!

#5941 2 years ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Tips needed on how to get to a Billion on Led (Premium Edition)?
As a average player, I struggle to get past 300,000+ on my best games after 3 weeks using all of the out of the box settings. I know that the first answer is to get better, but I would like to get some suggestions from those who break 1 billion. It seems like there are 3 main components to a high score - 1) Keeping the ball in play 2) Getting as many extra balls as possible. 3) Knowing what are the accomplishments that will drive the highest score and obviously being able to hit those targets.
I have looked at the rules at a couple of different places, but they really don't describe the strategy to maximize scoring.
What are the first 5 things that you try to accomplish to get higher bonuses and scores? The good news is that even though I stink - I love playing this pin.
Thanks

It's all about timing your icarus multiplier with multiballs and getting those extra balls from the tour modes.. THIS GAME IS BRUTAL. I've put around 800 games or so and still havent broke 500 mil.

#5970 2 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Thanks
I'm on 1.05, which I think is the latest.

It's a known bug. On rare occasion the em will stay up when you start a game it should go down at the start of every game. If you reset l flipper+start it should go down on the next go

#5995 2 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

Very nice shooter rod! Way cooler than Stern's, which is God awful ugly.

It's grown on me after awhile lol. Definitely giant and somewhat ugly but I like the way it shoots a lot!

1 week later
#6072 2 years ago

This game is so intense.

Quoted from Killtacular:

Thank you. It's so close to perfect that I'm afraid to experiment blindly and risk making it worse.

About the best I could get mine was perfectly level in the front when raised but a very slight >1mm lip on the back that on a very rare occasion a ball may get hung up on. Never had an issue with my spinner since leveling it so I'm leaving it as is.

#6074 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

Yeah that sounds about where I'm at. Maybe I should just consider that lucky enough and not mess with it any further. No spinner problems as well so at least there is that.

The front of the EM definitely needs to be level as if there's any jump it will bash into the bottom of the spinner at a bad angle and bend it. The back doesn't affect it nearly as much. If the front is level and you're not getting many hangups on the backend I would leave it (I get maybe one or two every 10-15 games or so, so not many.)

#6096 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Since this is my first in home pin, can anyone suggest a play field glass protector to rest the glass on a tile floor for when I pull the glass. Thanks in advance.

I use the corner wedges sold here on pinside. Works great

#6168 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Here’s my theory about what happens. The spinner gets pulled toward the ball, due to the magnet. The ball then gets stuck behind the spinner, so it can’t trigger the opto at the front of the EM mech. See pic for an example. I believe that this can be fixed in code. The game “knows” that it grabbed the ball and pulled it down below the playfield. This won’t be an easy code change, there’s probably a fairly complex state machine involved. But this needs to get fixed. I’d even be okay with a strong activation of the shaker motor once the EM stage is fully submerged.
[quoted image]

I agree, I don't see why it wouldn't be able to be fixed with code.

1 week later
#6347 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I just received my replacement led strips as shown in your pic. Installed them both and still nothing. If one goes bad, they both go out. This is my 2nd topper that has gone bad within one month of owning. Quite flimsy I guess. Kinda pissed as now I have to send it in for repair/replacement and I’ll prob be without it for another few months like last time.

Unacceptable for a $900 topper. I've been lucky mine works but the lights have gone out once on the new code and come back during gameplay so I'm keeping an eye on it for now.

2 weeks later
#6488 2 years ago

I put the clear titans on my drop targets and they seem to work really well.

#6507 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Price Check: LZ Premium?
Hi.
I'm not "in the club." I am, however, looking at a HUO LZ Premium for sale and wondering what would be a fair/wise sum to offer. No offense to all the owners here, but LZ, for whatever reasons, appears to have *lost* value in this crazy Bull market. I mean, right now, a game needs to be a dog to *not* grow in value. If the code is at least good and the layout is fast, and if the theme features a beloved band, how could the game be so forgettable to the collector community? Is the layout that awful? I'm able to play a PRO a few times a week and I like it. I do think the upper flipper shot is wasted, but I appreciate the smooth shots. I recently sold my BKSOR Premium for just $6600 after months on the market. It was a beautiful HUO example with low plays. No one was interested. It was my first Ritchie game and I liked the layout. LZ's shots appeal to me in similar ways. The other thing I like about LZ is the lighting. I find the GI very good right out of the box. It doesn't need spotlights to be visible, etc. Anyway, I worry that if I buy this LZ I will struggle to sell it for even $6300 in five months. I have lost money on all of the several pins I have owned since I joined the hobby. I won't mind if I lose a few hundred on this pin, but if I'm likely to lose even more I will pass. If it will only fetch $6300, tops, in five months, I won't dare offer more than $6600. Maybe that won't fly. Everyone imagines his/her game is worth bank right now.

You will lose hundreds if not 1000's I would stay far away! All kidding aside it's a fantastic pin and worth what I payed. It's not ever leaving my collection. If you're buying pins for the "investment" I don't think you'll see this one become a pirates of the Caribbean

1 week later
#6572 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love this weird, wonderful thing. Equal parts ridiculous and awesome.
[quoted image]

It seriously has grown on me lol. I didn’t like it at first now I love it.

#6578 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody having issues with the new style spinner bracket having the spinner pop out? Happened twice now with my game that's on location. I am bending the spinner arms back to be straight vertically and horizontally but I'm worried it's going to keep happening. I almost feel like the fix might be to have the new style bracket on one side and the old on the other (so it doesn't bind, but doesn't pop out).

Make sure there’s no lip to “jump” when the em spinner is raised. The floor needs to be perfectly leveled in the front or it hits at a weird angle. Since I fixed that I haven’t had a single issue in months.

1 week later
#6594 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I don't know much about anything, but I've had a sneaking suspicion that this would be the case for a while. I think LZ unfairly received a weak reception (barren playfield, unfair comparison to JJP GNR). I figured that demand would end up being low and this would cause a limited number of machines to be built, effectively driving up the price once people discovered this game and gave it a fair chance. LZ for me is a game that gets better the more I play it, the more I get the shots down, and become familiar with the rules.
It'll be nice to have a machine worth more than I paid for it, but it won't matter as there's no chance in hell I'm selling mine!

There were a lot of GnR owners unfairly rating it in the beginning to compensate for their playfield issues. That spawned into a lot of people dismissing it all together as a decent game. Most people that rated based off videos etc wound up playing and then saying how wrong they were and it being one of the better pins they’ve played. I’ve seen it here a few times now.

As for resale value I guess that never has applied to my rationale in owning this one. There’s a few pins I want but when I heard they were making a LZ I jumped immediately into my first NIB as it’s some of the best music ever produced in the history of the world and it won’t ever get old for me.

I bought a premium with only playing the pro and knew I would love it. Turns out it’s probably in my top 3 of all time machines I’ve played now and like you there’s no way it’s leaving my collection.

#6618 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Was on an epic run (for me) last night. Came so close to breaking my goal of 500m. On my 3rd ball, I Had 21x Icarus going and I just started EM frenzy so my score COULD HAVE been F’n insane - but I drained as my nerves got me haha. Still got my best score ever of 476m (up from 375). Man it was a blast!!!

Congrats! You're ahead of me! My best is still 330. I like that the skill factor is so necessary for this game, there's really no "cheating" it like some others, though I've seen some 4-5 billion point games so maybe there is some kinda trick here but man I'm pretty steady at 200-300 mil every game but improving every day!

1 week later
#6645 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

So last night I played about a dozen games on the pro. Gotta admit....my expectations were low because of all the talk.
Right after I finished my first game, I had a huge smile on my face and said "Wow...that was fun!". Haven't enjoyed a game that much in awhile.
It's nice to play a simple game with tons of flow. Could it have had more on the playfield? Sure. But I have to admit, I'm enjoying it the way it is.

I love the pro but I think that’s where the EM spinner just pushes it over the edge for me. It’s easily one of the best toys in pinball. Up there with the AFM ufo or castle in MM for me.

#6653 2 years ago

New update read me says they brought back the seizure lighting on the EM spinner! Says it’s default is set to “no” but looks like we can turn it back on!

- Added an adjustmetn "ENABLE E MAGIC GI EFFECTS" which defaults to NO.
- Changing this to YES causes the GI to flicker as the electric magic
charges on spinner hits.

I am not home to test but I know what I’m doing when I get there!

#6658 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also sounds like the EM spinner issue has been fixed so it just starts mb whenever the ball is pulled down (no more ball search em multiballs)
Boom?

I’m most interested in this. Glad it was able to be fixed via code.

#6661 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Code updated! I can confirm the seizure mode is back and working once enabled in the menu.

This made my month!!!

#6665 2 years ago

Haha I lead a boring life my friend.

#6668 2 years ago

Pretty sure when we go around the thanksgiving table I won’t be able to help myself.

“…and I’m also thankful for stern finally updating the EM spinner to bring back seizure lighting.”

#6682 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I hope thats not the case with the new code. I liked the way it was set up (unless you had a shitty plunge where the ball would lightly hit the top of the EM and just sit there until the 'ball check' kicked in and by that time the clock ran out resulting in a crap jackpot.

Easily my biggest gripe next to the ball capture issues

#6719 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Bam! Now upping my goal to 1B
[quoted image]

congrats!!! I'm still chasing 500!

#6724 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Just got my Premium (Alternate LE). Anyone looking for this translite, I have two extra $75 shipped in US.[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ll take one!

1 week later
#6750 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If anyone has a Stern topper they are looking to sell, please PM me. Have US address for shipping purposes. Will buy new from a distributor as well. Thanks for the help!

Shows 3 in stock for preorder but not sure what the production schedule would be. I know the toppers for Munsters were supposed to be reproduced and people still can't get them.

https://nitropinball.com/collections/stern-shop/products/led-zeppelin-pinball-topper

#6752 2 years ago

Thanks for the new translite TheDarknight!

Looks so much better!!!

078B47CF-E05D-4179-99E5-4D48B3A5FC85 (resized).jpeg078B47CF-E05D-4179-99E5-4D48B3A5FC85 (resized).jpeg
#6763 2 years ago

Had to self repair my topper spot lights last night. Cable cut itself right at the sleeve connection on the right light. Simple fix took maybe 30 min. I can’t believe it took me so long to realize it wasn’t the code messing up my lights after all as it was only happening in a certain position. .

#6766 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pics? Might help prevent it happening to others

Looking at it it’s pulling apart but hasn’t lost connection. Will have to add some wire it looks like.

604A6A63-40E9-4C3F-ACCB-B12F96143FAD (resized).jpeg604A6A63-40E9-4C3F-ACCB-B12F96143FAD (resized).jpeg
#6768 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

didnt someone else post about the short or broken wire issue on an earlier post with photos ?I think after returning the topper to stern and trying to solve this issue for months.Easy fix but something stern should have found.

It’s easy to take the LED out and fix it I wouldn’t send the whole topper back just the part maybe.

I did just notice a new issue hadn’t realized but whenever I trigger right flipper my back glass lighting cuts out every time for a quick second.

Is that a common thing? Haven’t noticed it effect anything but seems like could be a short or loose connection??

I do have a Big Ben mod only thing I’ve added electrical may need to get glass off and start messing around. That’s where I’ll start but interested to see if someone has seen it before

#6780 2 years ago

whenever I trigger right flipper my back glass lighting cuts out/dims every flick for a quick second.
Is that a common thing? Haven’t noticed it effect anything but seems like could be a short or loose connection??

Ok been messing a little bit can’t tell if anything is loose or where to check but when I do a half button push on the right flipper to only activate the lower flipper it doesn’t do it and if I wait and activate the hard press it doesn’t flicker but when I do a quick full press activating both it does it. Does anyone else’s do this?

#6784 2 years ago

Well I was in the zone and my cousin couldn’t Stop calling my cellphone about our lunch meeting while it was in my pocket. 3 calls and a text and it Totally screwed me up in the end but I did hit a new GC score of 450million!

Seems I can never get a game in without being interrupted by something. Someone knocking on the door, phone calls, dog, kids, wife. How can I ever get 100 billion with all these distractions!!!!

Also there is nothing more satisfying than starting a game off and hitting the skill shot -> upper flipper -> Upper Flipper Ramp -> lower right flipper -> Eject and starting your tour mode in one smooth move before you even lose ballsaver.
I can’t get it often but man this game shoots so freaking tight!

#6790 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

450 BILLION?
Now that’s a solid score. I’ve been very happy when I pass a mere one billion

I meant million. ☹️

I forgot it’s millions.

#6794 2 years ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Nice high score, I’m still trying to crack 500m after 700 plays. Seems like I need to focus on getting EM Frenzy instead of the Zep multi-balls. All settings are factory with no mods/waxing so still haven’t mastered the backhand right ramp which seems crucial later on, which is why I lean heavily on the Zep ramp multiball. Also need to be more strategic and switch songs when qualified as I’ve only gotten the Mothership only one time.
For those who purchased toppers how does the timing work? Meaning is it like furniture where they don’t charge your card until it is shipped or is it charged at time of purchase? I don’t like the thought of paying up front and its delayed by 6 months and not having the cash available.
Anyone who bought and received the topper have buyer’s remorse? It would be my first one and I’m torn due to the price and the fact it may lead me down a rabbit whole where I’d then need toppers for any other machine I may have/get.

It's my first new pin so I went all in (side armor, crazy large shooter knob, shaker, topper, mods etc.). I do wish i got the LE in retrospect but then I would want all my future pins to be LE as well. Just OCD I suppose but I understand your thinking!

I settled on a premium with full mods and topper. Do i regret the topper?.. for me no. With the new translite it looks even better now on my premium but it definitely was made for the LE's. Most people will not even notice the topper though either way and it doesn't add anything much to the game really but I do like the little additional light show for Icarus mode where the lights just go non stop.. and I like that my pin is fully kitted out.

It's really in the end a money justification. Do you want to spend $800+ for a little additional eye candy?

#6798 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

On both of my 3rd ball drains Frenzy was ready to go. I’ve madd it to Frenzy a few times but had I gotten it this game I’d bet I’d pass 350 mil at least if not 4. It is what it is. I know I had a well played Icarus at 11.1x during a Zep Multiball and that added about 100 mil to my score alone.

I really love how consistent the scoring/skill level it is. I had a Deadpool for awhile and I would vary so widely in scores between games. Zep is a lot different in that regard.

When I started playing I averaged 25-75mil now I’m averaging 200mil each game and I can see I’m starting to get into the 400-500mil zone now with my last few games.

#6814 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone still selling the decal for the Zeppelin?

I got mine on eBay. 2.5 inch

#6818 2 years ago

Does anyones translite flicker when activating both right flippers? Any idea what causes this?

#6828 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I would suggest contacting stern's support on this. It could be a node board, wiring/short problem, mpu problem, or something else. They should take care of you.

Thanks will do!

Quoted from BruketFans:

Do you possibly have the link to the page/decal?

ebay.com link: itm
It was the 4 incg/orange

#6836 2 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

So I've had the pro in my home for two weeks as a rental and just wanted to share my thoughts.
Look...I get some of the criticisms on how barren it is, but as someone who doesn't own it and have no skin in the game, I have to say how refreshing it's simplicity is. Not in the code, which is fine, but in the playfield and yes, the rules.
All I know is that not only am I really enjoying it, but more importantly, my 4 year old grandson who is a huge Grogu fan, hasn't touched Mando in two weeks and always goes straight to "Immigrant Song".
Watching him sing the "AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" part of the song while crushing multiball makes me very, very happy.

Agreed. It's a great shooter for total newbies, my 6 year old daughter LOVES ZEPPELIN and had gotte extremely good with not really understanding any of the rules.

But it's also an amazing shooter for more serious players too. There is something great about its simplicity

#6840 2 years ago

My machine is famous! Sweet!

ECEC81C5-7385-45DA-9094-2AC32C90B680 (resized).jpegECEC81C5-7385-45DA-9094-2AC32C90B680 (resized).jpeg
#6855 2 years ago

I'm waiting.. I'm on a decent code minus the light show but runs well no bugs from what I can tell. I will wait to see what others say before loading this one

#6872 2 years ago

Ok I went ahead and installed it as I’m too impatient. Can’t find any issues as of yet but my EM spinner still doesn’t recognize it’s holding the ball when it lowers without a slight nudge. I see there’s an option to “turn off EM magnet” but I haven’t messed with that yet. Happy to have the light show back!

#6888 2 years ago

Kudos to stern for sending out the replacement cable for my topper spotlights so quickly!

Only bad part is I have to solder them on myself (which I’m not great at), would have been better to send a completed LED assembly with cable already soldered on and have me send mine back but beggars can’t be choosers and I have a new project this weekend now so I can’t complain too much.

Also I got in touch with my distributor in regards to my translite flickering when I hit my right side flippers. So hopefully I can get that figured out soon.

The new code seems to work great but didn’t I hear they fixed the ball lock issue when lowering the EM spinner in the previous code?.. if so it’s not present in this one but the light show is back so I’m happy about that.

#6891 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Got the update completed with a different usb - could of sworn the EM lights were more intense back in earlier codes…anyway, glad to see them back in action. EM seems to be working properly now with the new update.

I agree seemed to be a longer pause on the strobe but it’s been a few months since I had the lights so I may not remember correctly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

374 posts in this topic match your search for posts by brianj1337. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianj1337.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=brianj1337 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.