IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4776 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
shooter (resized).jpg
20240301_161950 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (2 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

403 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jamesays. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1552 3 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Anyone else get notice of their premium coming soon? I saw one was delivered, waiting to hear on mine... I was a day 1 order so hoping to get news ASAP!

I am waiting for the shipper to put it in the truck so you should get yours before me.do you want to trade spots haha

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Ughhh - can’t deliver my game until Saturday at some point or I can go get tomorrow. 40 minute ride.
Decisions decisions, should I start a poll on what to do? Lol

if i had that option i would go get it.enjoy

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

#17 in the house! The Saia warehouse, that is. Waited all day and got nothing. Called them at 4:30 and they said they were "going to give me a courtesy call" at 5 (after waiting all day) to say the delivery had been pushed to Monday. Can I come pick it up? Nope. It's already locked on the delivery truck for Monday.
Congrats to all who got theirs...I'm jealous.
If anybody needs me, I'll be in the kitchen with my head in the oven.

i feel your pain #37 is in transport almost,maybe a week we will see.I am getting a lot of good and interesting info from this thread.ordered my mods sub ready

#1761 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What are you guys using to lube the spinner? I usually use a tiny bit of Superlube synthetic, but that's not really an "oil."
Also, anybody install the Pinwoofer GT Super kit? Wondering how improved the sound is...I'm about to get one. After all, it IS a music pin.

I put one of these on my p o t c and the sound is amazing .I am tempted to switch it to my LE or buy another setup.of course I have a klipsch 10 in sub in the ready so not sure if thats enough overall sound.

#1771 3 years ago

after thinking about how well my last game sounded with your setup I have decided to do it again .this machine is perfect for this upgrade

#1981 3 years ago

#39 GOING TO CALIFORNIA should be here monday ,could be here on friday.I guess that means tuesday.number correction somehow my # changed from 37 to 39 but I dont care as long as its any # between 1 and 500

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks great! As far as the sound, I just recieved my pinwoofer kit and am trying backbox speakers too , to see if they fit. Should have sound test in 2 hours, have a few things to do before I can install.

please let me know if they fit mine are on the way

#2006 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just installed pinwoofer kit, and I added backbox speakers to it. Amazing sound quality and took 15 minutes to install. Watch hurry up pinball pinwoofer install on utube. Plus, the pyle speakers looks soooooo good!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that is some cool carpet in your game room

#2074 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm not kiddin , you need to try the PinWoofer set up. Hearing sound effects unnoticed before, and the quality is amazing. I actually got it too loud for me, and was crystal clear, and I'm the guy who liked to be in front row of met, kiss, gnr, and stones concerts. Money well spent. P.s. I dont know the man who makes these, just saying how glad I am I did it

I agree,it was night and day difference on my other machine .my #39 isnt here yet but my pinwoofer setup is here today .I may order this setup on all my machines I like it so much.

#2302 3 years ago

#39 is only 1 hour away they say they can deliver friday,I want to pickup today waiting to see if its accesible for me to pickup.we will see.only other issue is how to get the pallet off my truck so i can assemble.

#2309 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Take it off pallet and lay it on its side in the box. Its marked which way is ok to lay down. I couldn't stand it to know it was so close!!

they wont let me pickup until tommorow between 2 and 5 so I will be there at 2

#2310 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

they wont let me pickup until tommorow between 2 and 5 so I will be there at 2

as if I wasnt excited enough I have been happy to follow this great thread and hear all the great advice and insights as well as so many good photos and tips.good group LZ people

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Dang, how will you sleep tonight?

just like christmas eve when i was a child i guess

#2317 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Take it off pallet and lay it on its side in the box. Its marked which way is ok to lay down. I couldn't stand it to know it was so close!!

I dont have it yet and it already has 3,000 miles on it.its been like waiting on ketchup to come out old style of course not the squeeze

#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Got a few games in on the new code. I like the new "jingling" sound to let you know when you have made it to 5 gold records. Getting to Platinum is now slightly easier. I made it to Mothership MB for the first time, but I got way too excited and started bricking every shot, drained out and scored only 5.5 million from the mode. The graphics on the screen at the beginning of Mothership were incredible.
Anyway, I just got my 2nd best score at 801M.

dang thats a bunch of points

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Its worth the wait, you ordered pinwoofers didn't ya? I'd play a few stock, then take a few minutes to install and hear the diff.

yes pinwoofers here and some mods,pinwoofers came in about 3 days now thats fast. got the hermit .I like the clock tower too but it wasnt available yet when i was shopping but I see it is now.I think i am ready to play day 1 got to see if i can find some pants for the icarus maybe

#2343 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Benjam47 was owner who suggested turning around spinner. Thx again!!

did you take the top off to flip the spinner around ,I seem to remember some saying not necessary but last posts are saying remove the top

#2356 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

should i take it off the pallet and lay it on its side to bring home or remove from the pallet after i get home to unload,almost time to go pickup

#2380 3 years ago

#39 finally in my possesion setup plays great,looks great I am going tonight as is but tommorow mods.

#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I just want to give kudos to Pinwoofer for an incredible speaker and amp setup. The settings given earlier in this thread were fantastic. I just have to tweak mine since I'm also using a 12" Costco Klipsch subwoofer in tandem with Pinwoofer. Haven't found the sweet spot that removes any standing waves, and while I know I don't REALLY need the extra sub, it does add a nice rumble to the game.
Pinwoofer is professionally assembled, packed, and supported. The installation video is fantastic, and I have to say that EVERY company should support their products as well as Dan does. Truly amazing that you can reach him by phone throughout most of the day, and I really appreciate his patience. (The guy must get the same damn questions all week...)
Highly recommended! And yes...I know that between the Pinwoofer and Klipsch, I spent another $500 on the game. But it's a music pin by an amazing band and IMO it deserves the very best. THANKS DAN!!!

yes Dan is outstanding to deal with

#2392 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Guys, I can't believe this! I haven't made it to 1 billion yet. Tonight, I just skipped by that and went straight to 2Bil! All these pics came at the end of this single game. Crazy crazy crazy. This game is so good! The flow is better than I thought possible. I think I'll be chasing this score for a while. I was on the 10th song when it ended.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wow imagine your scores once you get the hang of it

#2412 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Man this thread needs stickies! So the fix for the stuck EM spinner is to literally take the spinner out, flip it 180 degrees and reinstall?

i believe your correct,I did mine last night no problems

#2426 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I can't believe this is actually required or if the process of doing this actually moves the pieces of metal that hold it outward or bend the spinner itself a little.

i have been reading some very descriptive posts with great photos or drawings on this thread.but you need to go back a bit because this is such a popular thread.the brackets that hold the spinner need to be bent slightly outward and flip the spinner is what i have done after reading the suggestions.I just received my game so i will be going back through this thread to mine the gold

#2435 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Mine has not jammed since moving the brackets. But sometimes the spinner rests in a different position. Just looks strange. Works though.

if mine messes up i may switch it back but for now all good

#2437 3 years ago

i am having trouble downloading the newest code,i go on sternpinball.com go to lz le and hit download but cant get past pdf agreement.

#2473 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine only tilts out a bit but it does go vertical when it retracts

i flipped mine have not had a problem yet,my pinwoofer kit sounds great I am told you can hear it in the house from my detached garage.tommorow it comes in the house lets see if they can hear it then.very fun game.hermit looks cool.glad I have this machine

#2475 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think biggest issue is bending the wire. Loses all its tensile strength, and will eventually just break off. This is the only time I've ever had a spinner issue, some games I've had were 40 yrs old.

thank you for all the great info on this machine

#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Me also. You can just see the top of the next "button" to click on below the agreement. I clicked and it downloaded in 6 minutes. Could not open though. Got an error message. Not sure why the page will not scroll down. Will try again this weekend.

i tried and your right it doesnt scroll down enough,but i got it on my stick lets see if it works.thanks

#2493 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

How long did it take to download?

i wasnt paying attention but about 10 minutes

#2514 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

OK. Did the install work?

yes 1,458 mb

#2515 3 years ago

did you have success

#2516 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

did you have success

i downloaded it to my desktop,then put it on a usb stick.open backglass power off only 2 usb ports together inside backbox put in ,i used left side.turn on machine and display shows it working .you may need to hit the select button on coin door to get it started minutes later your done.thanks for telling me about where the next was hidden on sterns page

#2524 3 years ago

this game is great,plays fast.I wont mention my scores I dont want to humiliate anyone (me) finally got that upper flipper shot .first couldnt hit it then 2 in a row.

#2534 3 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Because it's a straight shot to spinner and the force You're hitting it with is huge.
Also it's still spinning in multi ball and You're bashing it repeatedly.
You hit it at the bottom while spinning and it bends. It always bends on Me when I'm in multiball.
I believe most spinners don't get beat repeatedly while spinning on any game.

and hitting it at different levels i think when you hit it while em is raising or lowering,

#2549 3 years ago

i have been noticing the recent led zepp reviews.according to some this excellent game is no fun.I disagree most bads are on pros but still.

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wow that's interesting.
I having been beating mine to hell and I have two tiny dents you can barely see on top of my EMS plastic and that is it so far. I think I may add some more lube this week just to keep the EMS spinning well-no issues yet. I waxed the pf with blitz and still waiting for better balls to arrive in the mail.

you getting ninja balls

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I see those too, and one guy on here is selling his le. I think if youre not a lz fan you might not like this game. Same way I feel about Rick and morty. Never seen the show, and I've played the pin and didn't like it. Pretty sure ours is bolted down

mine is a keeper

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was thinking about this the other day actually. I need some more time on LZ-Metallica is going to be difficult to de thrown for me(almost apples and oranges-I like both).

same with my Iron Maiden

#2588 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

same with my Iron Maiden

wasnt a big maiden fan but my game is fun and im not burnt out on the music like other bands because i didnt listen to it before.I actually like it now

#2591 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Totally disagree. Zeppelin in probably my favorite band of all time, but Maiden is SUCH better pinball music than Zep. The best hard Zep songs (Communication, Good Times, Immigrant) are also too damn short.
If anything, Maiden the pin got me more interested in Maiden's music.

my Maiden and my zeppelin will be passed down to family when they haul my carcass out to pasture

#2596 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well I disagree too. Zeppelin music is perfect for pinball , probably the best I've owned and I've had em all except Beatles and primus. What I really like is when the music kinda slows in whole lotta love and you get to hear all the great sound effects they put in this pin. I can't call it a keeper yet, I've only put 200 games on it. But I'd bet its here years from now.

i played 1 game of maiden at a friends house and knew I had to own it and I was no maiden fan I am now.I only saw Led Zepp on video and new I had to have 1.I am sure their are great games many people like I might not enjoy.Thank goodness we have so much to choose from

#2597 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s nice to have those occasional slow moments to catch your breathe, shake the wrists out and take a look at what you need to do yet and then back to jammin out!

if not for the slow moments I would never be fast enough to see the screen

#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The right side had no washers. But I found 2 in bottom of cabinet so I put them on . Don't know why it would be needed, but I know they came from there because I've had it open enough times to not see them before.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can not believe the amount of helpful and constructive information I am getting from this thread,good job guys

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

1. Download correct file from Stern, make sure if you have a pro you get the PRO code.
2. If file is a .zip file, extract the .zip and it will turn into two or three files that have very odd file extensions
3. Drag all 2-3 files with weird file extensions onto a FAT32 or maybe exFAT formatted usb drive, just sitting in the root directory (NOT in a folder). NTSF doesn't work I believe. A lot of usb drives you buy these days will be of the FAT variety as it is the more universal format. NTSF is more of a Windows specific thing, but windows works fine with FAT formatted drives.
4. With game turned off, plug the usb drive into the right-most USB drive near the center of the CPU board in the backbox.
5. Turn the game on, follow on screen instructions, accepting default settings and watch it update. Once you've used the buttons to start the update, make sure the coin door is CLOSED so the node boards can update.

i used the left usb port and left my coin door open ,I wonder if I need to do it again.shows updated code on display

#2642 3 years ago

looks like what i did ,thanks

#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Move that right flipper just slightly forward, maybe 1/16 ". Fixed my prob..those index marks are a guideline, not the absolute point

is flipper adjustment from the coin door.i know you mentioned this before but i am learning to do adjustments.

#2703 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

This is my first modern Stern.
Same here, still learning menus and settings.
Bot used to this style. Im old school williams bally guy.
On a side note....WHATS UP?
Is there 2 owner's threads?

i am not aware of a second LZ owners thread

#2728 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

My left bar lock latch fell off. Went to check right side and screws were very loose. Looks like they installed with small #8 screw and stripped them. I installed these #12 Nice and secure now.
[quoted image]

mine were stripped too looks like maybe the whole run is like this.They should look into the installer and QA and have a discussion .If it was 1 or 2 games would be different but the whole run is not caring about your work IMO

#2730 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I think that is MEZELmods.

Lermods has it

#2732 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Lermods has it

i might misunderstand the question,I am refering to the red mothership decal

#2736 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think mezel has one in development that is actually a new Zep and not decal. Looked red and black like on album cover. He has his own Zep mod thread.

I see said the blind man (me) looks pretty good the red mothership looks like my red decal from Lermods exactly though the body may have been done in black and tail in red.choose either cant go wrong.looking good

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I see said the blind man (me) looks pretty good the red mothership looks like my red decal from Lermods exactly though the body may have been done in black and tail in red.choose either cant go wrong.looking good

I dont see this decal available at Lermods anymore.not sure why.licensing ?

#2744 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Pm me if you (or anyone) want the decal.

its already installed on my zeppelin and looks great I was just trying to remember where i got it.thank you all my mods you sent look great.

#2756 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Haha, my wife likes that and ghostbuster God mode too. Just flail away and havin fun. I have ehoh set on easy for her to enjoy. Zeppelin is so shot specific, its hard for her, so I'm kinda solo there,

your lucky that way ,my wife and son keep trying to replace my initials off the board

#2759 3 years ago
Quoted from OSUBuckeye98:

I got mine as an add on option when I purchased the RGB illumination mod. Simple, but I really think it adds a lot. Looks great.

thats right thats where i got mine,i suppose we could paint our blimp black before we put it on if we choose

#2793 3 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Um, best way I can describe it is when the portal rises above the Playfield, a ball should be locked in the center by the magnet. Sometimes the ball is perfectly locked and to release it and start the multiball, you need to strike the ball with a shot. Other times the ball is released from the magnet shortly after it rises from below the Playfield.

mine is the same

#2825 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Anyone feel like the EM mech is over-used? I mean once, maybe twice a game would be good I suppose but 4, 5, 6 times in the same game is too many imo.

you may be right,I am a horrible player but enjoy it as much as most.It does seem to pop up frequently but I still have a lot of rules and strategies to learn here

#2827 3 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Where are the accessories (topper, shooter rod, armor)? I see shooter knobs already on Ebay.

i would like to see photos of zepp owners self maid toppers ,mines in the works.probably could spend a couple hundred bucks on materials and make something cool.i cant imagine the price of a store bought topper these days

#2954 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Crank it with pinwoofer!!!!! You will not regret it, seriously, about 20 minutes to install. And it fits any spike 2!

if this machine doesnt deserve a sound upgrade then no machine does,you may be able to hear mine from here

#2973 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

As you said, to each his own. I like to do a few mods to each game if I think its gonna be here a long time. Met some damn fine people along the way too.

Its similar to a classic car lover ,some hang dice from the mirror and put on shiny wheels others put some nothing.All still look good to the owners.

#2975 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Agreed. But I guess I'm a mod guy, have had a few 55 Chevys in my time and can't leave a car like that stock!! Needs motor, wheels, exhaust etc. I just like a few mods on my pins. And cars.

I agree had a nice 55 too heres my 57 with some mods my LE is modded too photos tommorow

57 01 (resized).jpg57 01 (resized).jpg57 6 (resized).jpg57 6 (resized).jpg
#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Got the shooter rod installed and snapped some photos. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like the look of your speaker covers

#2984 3 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

I am not crazy about shitload of MODs on playfield. Got the hermit and the guitar in back barren corner and that's it. As for my 61 vette, only MOD is the AM/FM radio with direct retrofit to dash and labeled CORVETTE. Just like LZ pin, I gotta have sounds
"Rock on"[quoted image]

I have a bone stock 58 only changed the wheels am radio only,ok I promise no more car photos from me.I am really considering those cool speaker covers on my LE

58Impala_9_resized (resized).jpg58Impala_9_resized (resized).jpg
#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I agree had a nice 55 too heres my 57 with some mods my LE is modded too photos tommorow
[quoted image][quoted image]

Heres my version of the mods

IMG_1904 (resized).jpgIMG_1904 (resized).jpgIMG_1905 (resized).jpgIMG_1905 (resized).jpgIMG_1907 (resized).jpgIMG_1907 (resized).jpgIMG_1909 (resized).jpgIMG_1909 (resized).jpgIMG_1910 (resized).jpgIMG_1910 (resized).jpgIMG_1911 (resized).jpgIMG_1911 (resized).jpgIMG_1914 (resized).jpgIMG_1914 (resized).jpgIMG_1914 (resized).jpgIMG_1914 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1916 (resized).jpgIMG_1916 (resized).jpgIMG_1917 (resized).jpgIMG_1917 (resized).jpg
#3000 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks good, cool posters . You have a pic of mothership decal?

mothership

IMG_1919 (resized).jpgIMG_1919 (resized).jpg
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did anyone recieve a gift from the QR code? I scanned day of set up and haven't seen anything. Just wonderin,,

no gift from the code

#3005 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Heres my version of the mods
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I NEED a speaker light kit

#3011 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Wow Debbie Downer over here, certain newer titles for me I enjoy adding things to spruce up the playfield. Everyone of the mods is easily removable and I certainly do not expect to get more for re-sale value?(who cares) It is just plain fun, especially when interacting with fellow enthusiast in an owner's thread. The collaboration on mod development has truly been an inspiration(good job guys).
Certain newer games scream for mods like Jurassic Park and Led Zeppelin. Certain games need nothing like Ghostbusters and X-MEN(have not done one thing). Some people may go overboard but a few subtle tasteful mods do look great imo. I am finding myself leaving older Sterns alone but I still enjoy adding some mods to certain newer games. I hope you enjoy playing your 'Stock' game when it arrives and thanks for dis-respecting the mod community and calling their work garbage-classy guy.
[quoted image]

I agree with everything you said.I enjoy the mods and the work to install them.I am really enjoying the interaction with others on these threads.But I also think the poster can enjoy their machines any way they like,it reminds me of when my wife goes to 31 flavors and orders vanilla.The shared ideas and photos make this so much more fun.

#3016 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

One im still waitin for is Jimi Hendrix. The things they could do for that pin! LZ was my other dream, so im batting 500.

thats amazing I was just watching a hendrix video thinking of which songs I would use

#3017 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

My rough mock up - Thinking of Black powder coat with gold flake. Im ok with the Blue but I likeTrim with a lot of contrast to the cabinet art.
[quoted image]

I love the blue but stern can make a 250 run of CEs and this would work

#3044 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not asking for rainbows, just common sense
BTW Boob-I love what you have done to your machine-great job!</block

Not asking for rainbows, just common sense
BTW Boob-I love what you have done to your machine-great job!

where can I buy the rainbow mod.I love pissing my dough away on mods you should see my potc or maiden or spiderman.Its fun and looks great but thats just me.

#3047 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

There's a screw at the top of lane below the lz albums you lighted up, loosen it and pull lane as far back as you can. I can hit crossover fairly regularly on plunge, auto plunge prob 75% .

I think I will try this today if I can figure it out.My game skills could use a boost.There is a new thread .Who has the lowest scores.I will add I am loving this machine

#3052 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Moderator says we can put up key posts, if anyone has one they think is needed, put the # up here and I'll forward to him to do.

posts 2605 through 2620 where you discuss loose or missing screws was very helpful to everyone and should be checked by all

#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

posts 2605 through 2620 where you discuss loose or missing screws was very helpful to everyone and should be checked by all

i cant find its number but the right lower flipper adjustment was helpful

#3062 3 years ago

And there lies the problem boob.
I need a really sexy British female voice telling me what to do.
Can't find it in settings.

next code update,female voice option please

#3110 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

New code:
LE V0.98 - March 9, 2021
==========================
Fixed:
- Lights:
- Fixed a conflict between the Song Change is ready light show and the
Mothership Multiball is ready light show.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Expression Lights to freeze when
returning to attract mode from DJ Mixer.
Tweaked:
- Devices:
- Added additional shaker effects.
- Adjustments:
- Increased the Mothership Multiball default ball saver to 30 seconds.
- Display:
- Added the elapsed time to the Top of the Charts total display effect.
- Added outlines to all attract mode text.
- Rules:
- Change the switch hit requirement for USA 1975 tour to:
- Easy: 50
- Medium (default): 100
- Hard: 150
- Max: 200
- Tour modes can no longer be lit when World Tour MB is active.
- Consolation extra ball score increased to 10,000,000.
- Zeppelin Award Extra Ball default reduced to 8 (was 10.)
- Increased scoring in Mothership Multiball.
- Tweaked USA Tour 1975 Multiball:
- When ramps are made for jackpots, all other ramp shots are relit.
- Right ramp now scores a double jackpot.
- After 5 jackpots, the left and center ramps are unlit and the super
jackpot is lit at the right ramp.
- The Super Jackpot is worth the sum of the 5 jackpots and double jackpots
that were scored.
- Increased scoring in USA Tour 1977 Multiball.
- Tweaked Rock and Roll mode:
- During the verses, the zeppelin, center, and right ramps are now lit
and all 3 must be completed to replenish the shots.
- Tweaked Kashmir mode:
- Once both shots have converged, hitting the shot will start an 8 second
timer. Each hit to the converged shot resets the timer. Once the timer
expires, the shots diverge apart.
- Added an adjustment for the timer value.
- Tweaked ? Multiball
- The song award is now based on the song shots made throughout all song
modes.
- Balanced scoring of other jackpots.
- Increase Zeppelin Award base score to 500,000.
New:
- Add 6 Expression Lights Modes.
- ORIGINAL SHOWS
- REMIX SHOWS -- 10 brand new song light shows.
- ALL SHOWS (default) -- Randomly selects between the Original and Remix
shows when a new song is selected.
- USER SET COLOR - Visit DIAGNOSTICS -> GAME -> SET EXPRESSION LIGHT COLOR
to set the Red, Green, and Blue values from 0-255.
- GENERAL ILLUMINATION - Provides general playfield illumination during
gameplay.
- MATCH MODE COLOR - The expression lights change color to match the arrow
color of the currently running song mode.
- Sounds:
- Added a "city jackpot lit" sound effect for World Tour Multiball.
- High Scores:
- Added Spinner Champion - most spins in 1 spinner hit.
- Moved to System 2.71:
- Turn on cabinet lights, if installed, when in the Service Menu.
- Update HSTD REST COUNT adjustment to increment/decrement by 100s when
>= 100 and by 10s when < 100.
- Moved to 0S 2.0.19

anyone having trouble loading this code on your machine 95 went on 1st try 98 my machine doesnt go to read code it just keeps initializing

#3113 3 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

I haven't seen any other reports of LE latches coming off. But my left latch completely pulled out of the wood last week when I was attempting to latch the bar back down.

I have read previous posts showing most of the screws are stripped and you just add #12 screw and problem solved.Every game owner should check these screws I had 1 tight and 1 stripped on each side.pretty sure hayfarmer posted photos

#3140 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

My rough mock up - Thinking of Black powder coat with gold flake. Im ok with the Blue but I likeTrim with a lot of contrast to the cabinet art.
[quoted image]

I like my blue but this is beautiful

#3145 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I gotta admit ,the pro done in white was beautiful.

pro or premium in white looks great

#3147 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

One of the white LZ's Steve did is mine. It's called "hottest white" and has a red tint--very sharp. I very much like the powdered wire forms and ramps which I always have him do. Just my personal preference.

nice

#3177 3 years ago

Thanks again Hayfarmer for the information on my other game lighting.I love it when things work.

#3252 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Damn, goin nuts waiting here. Internet is so bad in our area I had a buddy download new code for lz and ehoh, he's 120 miles away in Seattle! Really wanting to try new code.

your still at .95 ? wow you internet stinks.you could probably have 1 of us zepp freaks send you a loaded usb for the next one

#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Speaker lights too, mine should arrive this week

I would like to see photos of your lights when your done with the install

#3271 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I need to center hermit a bit more [quoted image][quoted image]

looks nice

#3272 3 years ago

i might want that upgrade

#3280 3 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

My woes with the 1-way wire gate at the top of the ball launching lane continue. Yesterday it came flying out right onto the playfield. I stopped playing immediately and removed it. Widening it a little by bending it seems to be only a temporary fix. Any ideas on a permanent fix? I am thinking of putting a little blob of liquid weld on one end to stop it from coming back through the hole. Alternatively, I could just play the game without the gate ...if a ball goes down there it gets launched back out anyway? Thoughts?

I just had the same problem for the first time yesterday of course I was in the middle of a great game

#3356 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So glad I could look like an asshole so that others don't have to.
And yes...that sound setup is amazing.

you didnt look or sound that bad

#3360 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

We need 13 more ratings for LZ Premium to get on the top 100 list. Please help my OCD. Thanks.

the ramp light mod looks great have you seen the photos.nice clock tower

#3368 3 years ago
Quoted from Mapalot:

Thanks for the info. I expect Pinwoofer tomorrow. I also ordered The Cabinet Expression Lights (not standard on Pro, as I am sure you are aware). They are on back order but they say will ship in March, though I wont count on that.
Thanks!

I like to start with factory settings and when i get better at the games I switch to a more difficult level in settings.enjoy

#3443 3 years ago

I have zepp LE and will still buy the GNR but the LZ thread is fun to read and enjoy.I was into the GNR thread in the beginning but i got tired of the negative remarks and the us or them thing.so I stopped reading it .I want to try all games if its good I will keep it.If you like a game personally as your favorite enjoy it.Rate it if you like.I dont even remember a grammar/punctuation police post here on LZ

#3507 3 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Thank you so much this really helps! Im right there with you on GnR agree with everything you said! Without being able to go and play one somewhere with this pandemic crap ive been going through games buying unplayed and GnR just doesnt fit my likings, dont get me wrong i do enjoy jamming out to the songs and light show on it though. Since i see you have a IMDN also can I pick your brain one more time... Out of IMDN pre and LZ pre which would you choose?

both

1 week later
#3598 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Well after a long wait, This should be my week! Was told my LZ premium should be delivered mid April. Can’t wait to get the call from GAP. Being my first pin, I’m very excited to say the least! Now justWaiting for that phone to ring...

I know the anticipation well mine went from connecticut to california last wagon train out.This game is a keeper

#3613 3 years ago

wow new 1.02 code already

#3626 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Takes me about 10 minutes to download an update. Maybe there's a server problem like happened to pinside recently haha?

i downloaded yesterday in 1 try about 10 minutes.I download to my desktop then to usb.

#3636 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Premium owners are answering the call. Only 5 more ratings needed to get Premium on the top 100 list!

after the new updates I may need to revise my rating as its way more fun than in the beginning,and I liked it from jump

#3637 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Premium owners are answering the call. Only 5 more ratings needed to get Premium on the top 100 list!

hey wheres your avatar? mine was lost in the shut down so i switched from my 57 chevy to my 55.

#3645 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Too much, but what the hell?
[quoted image]

sweet topper

#3647 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

You can't see my drums?
The 55 is the best out of the three!

i see them now

#3651 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes they are!! Owned a 55 sedan delivery gasser and a 210 years ago. Let's see Pics of yr 55 James!!

IMG_1938 (resized).jpgIMG_1938 (resized).jpg
#3653 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Now that's nice!!!!

IMG_1937 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_1937 (2) (resized).jpg
#3654 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

working on my 65 these days

IMG_2021 (resized).jpgIMG_2021 (resized).jpg
#3656 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

In a nutshell:
If it's green and flashing and you are in single ball play, hit it to score points.
If it's red and flashing and you are in single ball play, hit it to score even more points.
If it's green and flashing and you are in Multiball, hit it to work towards an add-a-ball.
If it's red and flashing and you are in Multiball, hit it for an instant add-a-ball.
Now for some finer points:
How many Band Boosts you currently have is in instant info on the 2nd screen.
Once you get five, you must use some to be able to earn any more.
Three or more enables the Red button(Super Band).
If it's not flashing, you can't use it.
Easiest way to build the button is to get 5 gold records in a song, then shoot the top eject and change the song. This nets 3 button uses.
Best use of the red button in single ball play: Work up a huge combo late in the game and when you miss the next combo shot, smash that button!
Best use of the red button in MB: Save it until you drain down to one ball and quickly smash that button to resurrect MB!
The button also helps tremendously in building up your Icarus X. Before, my best was 19.2 X. Now it is 29X.

I had no clue about all of these functions,I am happy to find out it does more than just launch a ball

#3662 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Woohoo! Finally got her down here. Played a few games (super fun, those spinners!), installed the Pinwoofer kit (kick ass!) and leveled at 6.8. I haven’t watched much gameplay video because I want to figure it out on my own. Can’t believe people were bagging on the looks of this game. My premium is gorgeous. Thanks to all the participants in this thread that pushed me over the edge to grab this. Cheers!
[quoted image]

did you get a hermit for the corner ?

#3680 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

For my first machine it was a toss up between a NIB GNR or LZ, or a used Metallica. After all was said and done, I felt LZ was the best fit and had the best gameplay for what I look for in a game. Just got this bad boy delivered from the great guys at Great American Pinball and I’m having a blast and I know I made the right choice! Yes I swapped out to the Pro style translight as I think it looks way better then the LZ self titled (more color and pop) and those are on the sides anyway. Added the side rails, shooter knob, hermit mod, the double neck guitar mod, as well as a decal on the zeppelin and some flipper covers. My Topper will be picked up in a week or so. No issues other than having to adjust the right flipper alignment. Thanks to all on this thread for your great input on this amazing game - it Rocks with my 12” Klipsh sub. Cheers!

nice touch.we all have the same game but with nice little touches making them our version.that just makes it even more fun

#3682 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

For my first machine it was a toss up between a NIB GNR or LZ, or a used Metallica. After all was said and done, I felt LZ was the best fit and had the best gameplay for what I look for in a game. Just got this bad boy delivered from the great guys at Great American Pinball and I’m having a blast and I know I made the right choice! Yes I swapped out to the Pro style translight as I think it looks way better then the LZ self titled (more color and pop) and those are on the sides anyway. Added the side rails, shooter knob, hermit mod, the double neck guitar mod, as well as a decal on the zeppelin and some flipper covers. My Topper will be picked up in a week or so. No issues other than having to adjust the right flipper alignment. Thanks to all on this thread for your great input on this amazing game - it Rocks with my 12” Klipsh sub. Cheers!

wouldnt it be nice to put a PINK FLOYD machine in front of that D G poster

#3686 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Oh man don’t get me started haha! It would be my holy grail pin. Sadly don’t think Floyd would ever license out their tunes. Granted most of their music is not geared towards a face-paced rock pin, but I could definitely pick out 10-14 more upbeat songs out of their huge catalog to make it work well. And talk about theme integration - Floyd prob has the best to choose from in terms of visuals - there is so much they could do!
Ahhh one can dream.

I put DG20s Gilmores pickups on my strat now it can cut glass but my skills didnt improve

#3692 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

PS...did you flip your spinner around? That's the only thing I've done to mine that could possibly be sending some messed up signal to the machine.

i flipped my around and it has played great no more issues.it worked for my machine.now i just need to decide if I want to put my shooter gate back on or just let it remain off

#3699 3 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

Added some vinyl to the Pro...

nice Led Balloon decal on the ship

#3700 3 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

Added some vinyl to the Pro...

consider the pinwoofer amp and speaker kit its highly recommended,i think I will go crank mine up now.enjoy

#3706 3 years ago
Quoted from RexPins:

Just loaded 1.02 today. Was a bit confused because my action button goes blue instead of red for the super..but then I found this. Yep, that would do it!
[quoted image]

thats unique are you going to switch it ?

#3716 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

Hi gang... has anyone found an adjustment that makes the upper flipper ramp any easier to hit? i'm about 1% success rate vs 60% on SM and 30% on ST. even when i "hit" it the ball typically rattles around and doesn't make it up the ramp.
apologies if this has been covered previously, i missed about 500 posts on this forum topic.

i think hayfarmer covered this with a right flipper adjustment photos included not sure which number the post is though

#3718 3 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

is flipper adjustment from the coin door.i know you mentioned this before but i am learning to do adjustments.

#3719 3 years ago

the post said move the right flipper forward about 1/16 of an inch

#3720 3 years ago

I just noticed the photos are not available

#3726 3 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

9 weeks!!! Thanks for rubbing it in . I ordered min in January ... there were 19 orders ahead of me. Still waiting .

turn the catsup/ketchup bottle upside down,anticipation.

#3730 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

5 Le's were stolen over the easter weekend.
https://www.facebook.com/amusementmachinedistributors/?__cft__%5B0%5D=AZVuEjhKsM2Ue9j7bs3jT_-UfdomXsmN4ieXQQ_NITsjkGqgchLytr2tHRYL70NrnYjvjMoxBTlFtQXZkA-6aOZUDQQg3S3F4zkQCN6e45cimc3iDstlSJMC9Qig5jQWDqgEhTE2mGgG2jVWTX6kuHvia1QYi-roH6qkT_fZSCWvDiR5o828i6HAV1GnYI7YZOT8AMPQ_ENhd0TPFiJudAGZ&__tn__=-UC%2CP-y-R
Important Notice.
Attention Pinball Enthusiasts,
A number of Led Zeppelin Limited Edition games were stolen in transit in Melbourne over the recent Easter Long Weekend.
The incident was captured on CCTV and Police were notified, as such there is an ensuing criminal investigation.
Please take note of the serial numbers below.
We would hate for any enthusiasts to buy any stolen property as there may be criminal and legal consequences.
If you have any information that may be helpful please contact Michael Bowyer via email [email protected]
Please feel free to share.
Serial numbers are as per below;
#455 – E312328
#255 – E312128
#266 – E312139
#154 – E312027
#53 - E311926

now i see what you were talking about in the disappear thread

#3733 3 years ago

what you have here ?looks cool

#3749 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not here. I flipped spinner day it was suggested, 500 + games since, have not had to remove to adjust or tweak. The ball rocks back and forth while being held. Sounds like a magnet prob maybe, possibly too strong? Have you tried changing balls out? Wonder if they are somewhat magnetized

flipped my spinner and no trouble here

#3771 2 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

The spinner is a simple fix. Thought I would post for newbies. NIB repairs can be frustrating. The theory is that the spinner arms need to have a 45 degree bend in them, otherwise the arms rub and cause friction with the holder causing it to not want to come down in its desired position.
1. You can do it with the electric magic top left on or off. I took mine off to perform
2. take some small needle nose pliers and bend the arms back to the 45 degree angle needed. Don't be scared to bend it. I had to do mine a second time because I did NOT bend it far enough the first time, and it started not working again after a couple of games.
3. If you have some spinner lube ( lube the spinner while you are in there. It will also make huge difference in the amount of revolutions per spin. ( Apply a drop of lube where the arms go into the holes)
4. Install the electric magic top back on with the 4 screws. Make sure you did not lose any of the 4 tiny washer rubbers that go on the end. Don't over tighten the top. I then started a game so that the mech would lower down to playfield level so I could then tighten it flush. Put your finger around the edges of electric magic as you tighten the 4 screws down so that it feels flush!
RIP that spinner!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

See if the post and some others near it help with your spinner issues

#3772 2 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

After.a reset the technician alert is gone but the EM spinner keeps rising and falling throughout the game and when I hit the spinner nothing happens.

I searched this thread for spinner fix

#3789 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Hope these help. Let me know if you need anything else.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

good work on the photos .completely different than mine alright

#3791 2 years ago

The spinner is a simple fix. Thought I would post for newbies. NIB repairs can be frustrating. The theory is that the spinner arms need to have a 45 degree bend in them, otherwise the arms rub and cause friction with the holder causing it to not want to come down in its desired position.
1. You can do it with the electric magic top left on or off. I took mine off to perform
2. take some small needle nose pliers and bend the arms back to the 45 degree angle needed. Don't be scared to bend it. I had to do mine a second time because I did NOT bend it far enough the first time, and it started not working again after a couple of games.
3. If you have some spinner lube ( lube the spinner while you are in there. It will also make huge difference in the amount of revolutions per spin. ( Apply a drop of lube where the arms go into the holes)
4. Install the electric magic top back on with the 4 screws. Make sure you did not lose any of the 4 tiny washer rubbers that go on the end. Don't over tighten the top. I then started a game so that the mech would lower down to playfield level so I could then tighten it flush. Put your finger around the edges of electric magic as you tighten the 4 screws down so that it feels flush!
RIP that spinner!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

post 1279 has several photos to compare

#3792 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

post 1279 has several photos to compare

on mine the spinner fits into looks like ears that could be bent outwrd so the spinner wouldnt hit the sides

#3808 2 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Can we crowdfund a DLC pack including, uh, When the Levee Breaks, Dancing Days, The Ocean, Misty Mountain Hop and Houses of the Holy?

I would pay for an additional group of songs or even just stairway for the grand finale

#3809 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i just sold my bksor yesterday so looking to fill the spot. I'm on the fence with the track selection aside from immigrant song, song remains the same, trampled and kashmir. I guess they have to appeal to the larger, more commercialized base though.

someone just rated LZ a 3 so maybe you could get a good deal on his.Just saying

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3816 2 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

I have no idea how they sync the songs with the gameplay but yeah... levee, dancing days, custard pie, four sticks, misty mountain hop, sick again, Achilles last stand, in the light, in my time of dying and a few others would be awesome songs to play to.

yep

#3834 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not believe Stern will add anymore songs because of the designated song list that light up with song selection. They chose 10 good songs in my opinion. Only song I wish we could have in addition is the Ocean-may be a sliver of hope for extra wizard mode addition?
For those considering a Pro-I want to encourage you to go Premium/LE because I feel it really takes the game to the next level.
If you are looking for a great ramp game for your son may go with a Jurassic Park Pro-lots of great ramp shots like LZ. My son loves playing Zep as well and Black Dog is his favorite song. Kinda weird because when I was in middle school Black Dog was my favorite song.
Shitty Spinner? WTF is this guy smoking? Freaking Led Zeppelin spinner is epic and the song list is choice.
I am way past the honeymoon stage and Led Zeppelin is the shit-haters please exit left.

is this Medieval madness or Led Zeppelin because I hear Trolls

#3861 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I tried Pablo's email a while back about getting a replacement plastic top on the EM since it has numerous small chips in it from the older software. I even included pictures. Didn't even get a reply.

Pablo asked me for photos of my damaged spinner and plastic top and a week later I received replacements,Maybe you should try again.

#3863 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I just sent him the email again. I recall several years ago I had a broken part on GOT that was only 3 weeks old. My distributor said either he could send the email or I could. I think I opted to send it and had the part in just a few days.
I'm not too worried about getting the new design EM spinner mech since mine works great. I just need a new top plastic.
I also realize these pics don't look too bad. But it did get worse than this, I just haven't taken new pics.

those pics look damaged enough to me.This is a new game

#3869 2 years ago
Quoted from hdavidson:

Cool. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced one. Definitely cheap enough - just wasn’t sure it would add to the experience. I’m sure they’re great on action titles.

love the way these work and you can adjust them as well.My Iron Maiden shakes the whole house I may turn up the 1 on my zepp

#3872 2 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
I have a problem on my LE. I have none lightshow on the both side. Someone can make a picture of the 2 cards inside the cabinet. I think a connector has been forgotten by stern...
Thanks a lot

I am trying to upload photos for you but having trouble loading so I will just try and PM them

#3874 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I am trying to upload photos for you but having trouble loading so I will just try and PM them

I hope this helps the lights are spectacular.

IMG_2076 (resized).jpgIMG_2076 (resized).jpgIMG_2077 (resized).jpgIMG_2077 (resized).jpgIMG_2079 (resized).jpgIMG_2079 (resized).jpgIMG_2080 (resized).jpgIMG_2080 (resized).jpgIMG_2081 (resized).jpgIMG_2081 (resized).jpgIMG_2082 (resized).jpgIMG_2082 (resized).jpg
#3882 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

So the topper had to be plugged in to where my hermit mod is. Was told I will need a splitter - any help appreciated.
Yes I put the pro translite on my Premium - felt it needed some more color and pop.

I posted some photos of inside my cabinet check out that splitter on mine.Just scroll up a little I justed posted on something else

#3883 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Joined the club today
[quoted image]

Nice lineup

#3884 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

A couple more

Nice job nice the way it looks, the whole scene.

#3892 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...I saw this coming and ordered the splitter from Rob when I got the hermit mod. Get his...it's awesome and sticks to the backbox with a magnetic back.

yes 4 way splitter thats the one

#3908 2 years ago

How can I improve my score when my wife and kids are game hoggin

#3926 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I have had this issue once or twice with the new code. Definitely a code issue as it never happened before the last update.

I wonder if these 2 issue are related,Not registering a ball sounds like the opto is not working.The spinner may need a drop of lubricant on each end.worth a try on the spinner.Not sure on the opto.

#3928 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I know it’s been discussed already, but which lubricant is recommended? And is it the type of thing you’d just pick up at a hardware store?

I used tri flow but wd40 or any oil should be fine.just takes a little

#3947 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I used tri flow but wd40 or any oil should be fine.just takes a little

tri flow works good I should not have said wd40

#3955 2 years ago
Quoted from Kside:

One of my only guests commented that it was loud

I keep my pinwoofer up pretty high so I dont notice

1 week later
#4094 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I plugged mine in and it is quieter than expected. Doesn't seem obnoxious or anywhere near as loud as R2D2 for that matter.
It does look awesome up there as does my Viking rune shooter. [quoted image]

nice shooter

#4156 2 years ago

Of all my machines this one is the one I havent scored so high on YET.But I am enjoying it as much as the others.

#4188 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The top 100 is a fucking joke on this site. Premium vs le right now have vastly different scores across the board. They are exactly the same minus artwork and powdercoat.
I hate the top 100 with a passion because its filled with idiots trying to make what they own seem more desirable than it is.

when I read I played for a couple games and dont like it is that really enough time to rate any machine.

#4192 2 years ago

I will just enjoy my game and enjoy our minute at #1 remember a few weeks back when wonka hit #1 prices around my area went through the roof.Then it dropped like a rock a week or so later.

#4195 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

There were 3 new comments on crap ratings now 2 are gone .

funny how that works .I could care less if my games are ranked higher or not.also funny how some owners of a certain game dont own other games in the top 10 but rate them a failure.

#4198 2 years ago

to be clear im not knocking wonka i would like to play it never had the pleasure.Its just a recent event so i referenced it.

#4202 2 years ago
Quoted from jgelman:

Very interesting to see Zeppelin rise to the #1. I have been a huge LZ fan since I was a teenager. I started to play guitar because of Jimmy Page with Babe I'm Gonna Leave You as the first song I learned. When I got to go to England when I was around 16, my priorities were to look for Zeppelin bootlegs in the record stores and play the silver ball from Soho to Brighton.
It has been 15 years since I added a new machine, and I was thinking about EBD, TZ, and maybe MM. I have been thinking about these machines for quite some time. To me, the theme machines really are not a factor along with the music and the shaker and the video and bells and whistle lights. All about gameplay and the one more game feel for me. The idea of a LZ Premium, so new, being established as being better than these other machines overall seems hard to imagine, but it would be great if true. I see where the comments suggest the ratings may not be so meaningful.
I only have room for 1-2 more machines (after selling 1). Hmm.

Nice collection my 2 cents is you dont have a music pin maybe add Led Zeppelin,Iron Maiden or another music pin of your liking.If not into music pins MM royal or any MM cant go wrong.enjoy whatever you choose there are so many good choices.

#4216 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

The bogus ratings are already coming in.

If you look at the collections of the humorous raters you see their motivation.Todays new lows show the ratings are just for entertainment purposes to be taken with a grain of salt.

#4238 2 years ago

I love the translite on my LE it looks great in my row,it couldnt be more representative of the group.I guess they could have put Beavis and Butthead looking caricatures on the glass if they wanted to match other music pins.To each their own.

#4241 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

It was so predictable that when it came out at #1 people who don't own it, never played it, played it a few times , or are gnr jjp fanboys immediately came out of the woodwork to down vote it. It went from #1 to not in the top 100 within 2 days.
Prior to the #1 posting the majority of the reviews appeared to be from owners . When you own it you have more experience on the game so your ratings should have more merit. Almost all the reviews since have been from non owners. The huge drop in 2 days shows how flawed this voting system is.
There is no way a game ranked #1 shouild get a vote of 2 -5 out of 10. That is unreasonable. I hate gnr music but if I had some experience on the machine I would still be objective about the game play and rate it based on merit . My bias wouldn'tbe a factor. It is called integrity. Seems like a lot of people didn't have good parenting.
I own a led zep premium and I love it , even though it is a very challenging game and it frustrates me sometimes, it just keeps me wanting more.
Maybe they should set up an owners only category for a separate rating system. It would be interesting to see the difference between the two.

The last zepp hater rated the pro a 5 because of that damn popup spinner.Yuk Yuk

#4259 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have a topper addiction! Stupid ,I know , but,,,,,

Looks fantastic but now my row looks like somethings missing.a bunch of toppers and the metallica game for starters.Glad you finally got your topper it looks great.

IMG_1945 (resized).jpgIMG_1945 (resized).jpgIMG_1947 (resized).jpgIMG_1947 (resized).jpg
#4265 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I seriously get a chuckle reading comments by haters on some of the other threads. One comment was well Stern had to put in expression lighting because there are no toys and the playfield is bare. I seriously shake my head at some of the clueless people on Pinside who have probably never even played the game. I have good friends who have admitted it is not their cup of tea because they are not into Led Zeppelin-and that is ok. But-to say it is bare with no toys and plays shitty is far from the truth. Every person that has played my LE has enjoyed it, including my children's non-pinhead friends. Literally everyone likes it, so I just chuckle when I hear ignorant statements. LZ is packed full of goodness and probably Ritchie's best flowing game to date.

My final thought on this is yesterdays rater of the pro he gave it a 5 because the pop up spinner is a problem.If he had actually played the game it has no pop up at all.

#4327 2 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

...gravity pulls it down so hardly any wire pokes through the hole, that's why you need to completely remove the gate and bend the wire when you can get more of it through the hole (on a level surface)...

Thank you. No offense, way ahead of you on this one. With gravity gate had maybe 1 mm extended out north gate holder, bad to begin with. I then removed, bent and it lasted 10 games? The bend broke off.
Im going to search my horde of old gates, Bally/Williams 90's versions.
I just have to find that box.

just checking if I am reading this correctly.Are you bending the wire off the machine then putting it back in ? I have just been leaving it off but would like to put it back on.

#4329 2 years ago
Quoted from Zosotatt:

I removed the gate and put the wire gate back in place (it had fallen completely out) BEFORE bending it; then I used 2 needle-nosed pliers --- one holding the wire just inside the gate adjacent to the hole (to hold the wire tight), and one outside the gate to make the 40-45 degree bend. I did pull a little more of the wire through the hole before bending. I've played about 300 games since with no issues.

Thanks that makes more sense to me.

#4331 2 years ago

The answer is yes. I bent, then put back in, then it came off again, and the bend had broken off.
Its pretty cheap pot metal, these are cheap wire gates's.

if anyone (STERN) knows where to get this with more length let us know.Stern should be sending these out .Maybe another parts seller knows where to get a longer 1.

#4375 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

The Led Zeppelin premium goes from #1 to 187 in a week. Maybe it doesn't deserve to be #1 , maybe it does but 187 is just ridiculous. There is no way in hell it deserves to be that low.

where do you see it at 187 ,I see it at 45.

#4380 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

So many salty JJP fans lol.
Out of all the 100's of pinballs I've played Led Zep is easily in my top 5 if not top 3.
Of course you would have to like Zeppelin to rank it so high but in terms of gameplay it's a shooters pin through and through. Fast, flows (once you learn the shots) and aside from my magic spinner not working 100% still beats most games in the top 20 easily.
I've had infinitely more fun on Zeppelin than I have on Deadpool, JP, GOTG, Batman66, AIQ, TMNT and stranger things etc. All pins I have played at least 50-100+ games on now. This crushes them.
In my opinion LZ is easily one of Stern's best music pins in recent years if not all time.
Long story short, probably not the best for operators but for a pinball collector I'd venture to say of you remotely like Zeppelin this isn't one you can pass up.

top 10 or 15 at the least.Great game

#4385 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Not sure how hayfarmers quote got in there

this reminds me of when I see bad ratings for a movie and then go see it and its great,its mostly based on opinions and add in some manipulators.Everyone who has any game knows if its fun or not. By the way since I now know my LE is no fun I will sell it and buy something else.NOT

#4388 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I played the pro a bunch and eventually went with the premium. The magic spinner changes the entire shot field and it's like two amazing playfields in one pin.
The pro is awesome as is and would still be in my top 10 still in terms of a fun and difficult shooter to master.

I certainly didnt look at any ratings list when I bought mine.I saw photos and love the theme. when rush comes out im in ratings matter not.And yes Hayfarmer im in on Black Sabbath and can you imagine the song possibilities for Hendrix.

#4391 2 years ago

Hendrix seems like a slam dunk

#4429 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I'm in the same boat. My spinner doesn't work at all, just stays horizontal. So I'm just playing my other games, Zeppelin is collecting dust.

you seem to have more problems than most maybe they should just send you a whole new game.

#4432 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

My mothership decal came in today, looks so much better now
Thanks lermonds![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful machine

#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

holy hell I’m dumb. Thank you. Didn’t want to force anything.

This is why we love the LZ thread

#4455 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

maybe we can get a special forum flair (not so bright) lol.

Hey I was going to put wd40 on my spinner glad I found the triFlo 1st

#4458 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well then you'll really love the GnR thread. Lots more dumb people over there.

Lol,I actually like it because of all the great advice.

#4469 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I can see that it wouldn't appeal to everyone and therefore some won't score it very high but anyone who gives this machine under 7.5 is a tool. It may not be perfect but it is a blast.

Look how many people say they dont care for maidens music but still rate the game high.I have grown to enjoy the music on Maiden.When I was younger I didnt care for Maiden because we had so much to choose from,Glad I didnt wear it out now its still fresh to me and better than most available crap today.I rated my LE from my perspective so its a high 9 .I save 10 because theres always room for improvement on anything

#4470 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Look how many people say they dont care for maidens music but still rate the game high.I have grown to enjoy the music on Maiden.When I was younger I didnt care for Maiden because we had so much to choose from,Glad I didnt wear it out now its still fresh to me and better than most available crap today.I rated my LE from my perspective so its a high 9 .I save 10 because theres always room for improvement on anything

talking about my zepp rating by the by

#4479 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Depends, the artwork on the premium for many is what cost it points and honestly one of the few places I dinged it in score. But my weighted rankings have theme and cab art set fairly low. I love the premium artwork personally which is what sold me honestly.

Yea.. I haven't played GnR yet so I won't rate until I do. Those guys rating zep must have it based off a youtube video or some twitch stream OR they're insane to rate it so low. I will say not too happy about my spinner being broke so quickly but when it works it's great.

new fanboy rating look at their rating history ,says it all.

#4481 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You better keep for a spare, it will take a beating im sure. I'll contact them. Thanks!

Hayfarmer did someone light your avatar on fire. It took me awhile to notice it was you but for the blue op boarder

#4482 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Hayfarmer did someone light your avatar on fire. It took me awhile to notice it was you but for the blue op boarder

border

#4537 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Odd that some of us have had no issues, i turned my spinner around at maybe 100 games in and have not had it off once since. Shooter lane return wire has not been a problem either. Just got lucky I guess,,,,,finally.

I copied you on the spinner fix and my game has played great no other issue but the shooter ramp wire so not a big deal. cant wait for more code .

#4538 2 years ago

Has anyone taken the time to figure out how much total time we have for our 10 songs ?

#4539 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Odd that some of us have had no issues, i turned my spinner around at maybe 100 games in and have not had it off once since. Shooter lane return wire has not been a problem either. Just got lucky I guess,,,,,finally.

Being an old car guy I love the RatFink avatar

#4540 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Has anyone taken the time to figure out how much total time we have for our 10 songs ?

I have 44 minutes and 14 seconds of the best band ever

#4543 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I'm over 1000 games now and still loving it. Anyone have that many plays on theirs?

not yet but I bet I can beat your low score

#4545 2 years ago

Thanks I was going to do the math but you answered your own question!

As for the spinner someone is right, if I nudge it when it goes under the table it will shoot out my shooter lane ball out.
Something is wonky and definitely an oversight on the design though as people are having to “baby” it or avoid shooting it when it’s spinning are you? (May be why you don’t have issues).. if you’re not having issues you’re probably also babying the spinner like many others have said they’re doing as well. I will not baby it. Wtf?..
It’s a bash toy and meant to have it shot at in multi ball over and over and unless you baby it as many have recommended, it will not hold up to normal play unless you choose to play the game entirely differently.
For now I’m ok having to nudge when it goes under as a temporary fix for now but it’s a major oversight on the design teams end.</block
I am playing full speed not avoiding it at all ,no issues since i flipped the spinner and lubed it.

#4546 2 years ago

I play full speed and no issues,not taking it easy at all

#4548 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I respectfully disagree. A spinner is not a bash toy. On ANY pinball machine, hitting the spinner while it is still spinning is not a good idea. Yeah, if you get lucky the ball goes through the spinner at precisely the correct timing to continue the spin. More likely is the ball slows down the spinner or stops it completely. Then worst case is the ball strikes directly on the end of the spinner and boinks. This can happen on ANY spinner.
The reason this is more of a problem on LZ is two fold.
1. It is an optical spinner and spins like a mofo. I would guess mine will spin 8-12 seconds on a good rip.
2. The location of the spinner is in the center, not an orbit. This means the ball comes at it with maximum velocity.
So to me, and your mileage may vary, shooting the spinner in a certain way is not babying the spinner. It is shooting it properly to maximize score and minimize damage.
This is all I have done to my spinner and it works perfectly. I slightly bent out both sides where the spinner arms go through the holes. I have oiled the arms lightly. After boinking the spinner a couple of times and having to straighten out the arms with needle nose pliers, I then flipped it around so the black side faces the player. I think I may have had to straighten the arms one more time in over 1000 plays.

this cant be affecting every game as many people are scoring billions

#4549 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

this cant be affecting every game as many people are scoring billions

i bent the ears where the spinner mounts and flipped it and oiled it same as you and no issues but shooter lane wire since.

#4570 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I just ordered three of each of the rubbers from Titan: The one behind the drops, and the one to the left of the ramp. Both break pretty frequently.
Just had an epic game and I'm still shaking my head because I have no idea what the naysayers are talking about with this game...

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I like the pinball life perfect play the best so far. Super bands too bouncy for this fast of a pin, for me anyways.

are these both 1 3/4 rings that come in black or white ?

#4586 2 years ago

#4587 2 years ago

Did you see the key posts at the beginning of the thread,they helped me

#4593 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Hey, Ive been looking at picking up a pro. Anyone know if the lighting kits are still available? I went on the stern website and it was sold out.

think about getting a premium its worth the extra and already has the 500 dollar lights

#4595 2 years ago

if the owners who rated their LZ as horrible they must be willing to sell at a greatly reduced price.If they really own the games at all.you can get a nearly new prem or LE and inspect it before purchase.or they are FOS

#4596 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I will, I haven't seen much of them popping up used. I will look at those. Do you have a premium? any problems with the spinner?

I have the LE,flipped my spinner no more trouble .

#4597 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

I will, I haven't seen much of them popping up used. I will look at those. Do you have a premium? any problems with the spinner?

I dont see used in your area right now but thats only on pinside.I do see NIB in Cincinnati shipped for 7699 dont know your budget though.

#4598 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I dont see used in your area right now but thats only on pinside.I do see NIB in Cincinnati shipped for 7699 dont know your budget though.

My Le is fun as heck I challenged my wife and son to play yesterday and we had a blast.Too bad they knocked some of my initials off on high scores as they both kicked my a$$ .Beginners luck.I cant speak to the pro since I have never played 1 but im sure others on this thread can.

#4661 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THat's precisely what piqued my interest.

Did you trade your metallica into it ?

#4675 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No bought from a fellow pinsider who had an extra for sale. I've decided to keep Metallica for now as it's awesome.

I am picking up Metallica sunday cant wait,Have heard its great.

#4691 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Tried to have a game night tonight with some friends and first game in got a 4 ball EM multiball. Womp womp.
Really hope the kit Stern is sending out fixes this shit.
[quoted image]

did you flip that thing around short side of the rectangle down,backwards ?

#4693 2 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Not sure what option 60 or 50 is. I plug extra wire into CN6 and spotlights are now on. (All the time??). But nowhere to plug in Hermit now

get a 4 way splitter or any splitter

#4694 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

get a 4 way splitter or any splitter

see post 3992 for a photo

#4731 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm over here trying to break 200 mil
Loving it though, it's brutal.

I may change my name to 5 ball James,eb yes please.

#4764 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'd like to find something more vibrant than those blk and white decals.

we could put rainbow tape cut to fit but would that look cheesy or better?

#4785 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pinwoofer needed on this pin. Amazing results

yep pinwoofer sounds so good on my zepp I just ordered 1 more for Metallica.

#4791 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I won a banner from Old town pinball and it came in today! Ties it all together nicely.
[quoted image]

nice

#4834 2 years ago
Quoted from mbarreira:

by the way… why such an amazing game as LZ is just number 46 on the Pinside ranking??
IMHO, It seems top 10 is the minimum for a title like this.

fake and foolish raters mixed in with real raters.Some say I played 2 games and then rate the machine.Some are fake like the guy who said he played the pro and hated the electric magic spinner.Its hard to rate a game honestly without playing multiple games.Some rate low to drop a game in ratings and rate other games high to manipulate the list.The raters who actually discuss game play are the only helpful information you can get from the list.IMO

#4837 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I could see how some hate the magic spinner. It adds a whole different shot layout and quite clunky if you suck. Lol
I fucking love it because it really can be brutal at times.
My favorite part about this game is you can flow fast and smooth shots for so long and then just boom slows down and drains. The minute you lose momentum it hits you it feels like. My only regret is not getting an LE.. I love this game so much it's a sure shot keeper for me.

I love it too. My point was that if you play and rate a pro it doesnt have that feature

#4840 2 years ago
Quoted from mbarreira:

I think anyone buys pinball machines just looking for the Top 100. But it should be an indicator of anything.
My point is how an amazing music theme like LZ is just 46. If the Pinside top100 doesn’t mean anything to anyone, and if there is any kind of “agenda” from some collectors when evaluate some pins, why it really exist? And for what?
Ps I’m waiting for my LZ Le next month, never played the game , just checked some videos from Dead Flip. Also I’m big fan of Steve Richie and LZ, so hard to fail on this one.

you should have looked 3 weeks ago it was number 1,its a great game you will love it

#4856 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Got my Wizard Mod in. Quality is very nice. It shipped from Portugal rolled up. When I got it, I carefully unrolled it and flattened it some by hand. I stuck it on the side of my refrigerator overnight and it was nice and flat for the installation today. All you have to do is remove the LE/Premium/Pro badge and stick it on, the make sure it is nice and lined up properly and put the badge back on. I also did the lock bar magnet, but decided to stick with the factory LE apron.
Was tough to get a decent picture in my game room lighting but it looks fantastic in person!! In case you are wondering, I replaced the blue rings around the speakers with the orange plastic one to add to the effect of the speaker lights.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very nice

#4857 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Okay. Allow me a moment to set the scene. Rough, busy day at work. Had to drive into the office (has become a somewhat non-existent thing in the past year or so), traffic coming home was a killer. Time to play some pinball. Fire up all three (I wish I had more) machines.
So I find myself gravitating towards my Led Zeppelin because I have a love/hate relationship with it. I consider myself to be a decent player. I've put my high scores on some location machines as well as some of those living at my friend's houses. I can score in the billions fairly regularly on my Star Wars. But LZ has straight up been brutally kicking my ass. Can't figure out why. Do I not know the rules (answer: I don't). Do I not have the shots down (answer: I'm getting there). Do I have SDTM way too often to the point I kick the machine (answer: yes.)
So here I am playing and all of the sudden I just get sucked into the music. End of game, let's open up that coin door and set the music just a little louder than it was before. Okay, decent game. What do you say we set the volume even louder (after all the wife isn't home). Next thing I know the music is blasting. Previous high score was 291 million. With music blasting I find myself with a score of 403 million. Super pumped, no more hate, nothing but love. I think I've found the sweet spot. Just need to play it until my ears are blasting.
I know, I know, there are people on here obviously way better at pinball than I am scoring in the billions. But I am coming for you.

now I bet your sorry you kicked it ?

#4871 2 years ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anyone in here hook up a sub or upgrade speakers. I’m Thinking about sound upgrade options.

pinwoofer kit is great

#4886 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I have 4 extra glass because I put in invisiglass in 4 of my machines. Also have 1 extra wide glass. My TZ had invisiglass and the regular glass when I got it. Never broke glass yet!

after I saw hayfarmers photo of when his glass broke all over his game room floor I went and bought a couple spares.Cant hurt to be prepared.

#4888 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only 1 for me, 4" from the carpet, landed on an edge. I still find a chunk every now and then when I vacuum or move games 4 months later
[quoted image]

That sub in the photo may be ruined as well,do you need my shipping address to recycle ?

#4890 2 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

heya guys little help here. I'm looking for specific links to purchase a few items for my LZ pro.
- Pinsound and Pinwoofer - I don't see LZ listed as a supported game on either website.
- Are you guys installing the speakers sold by those vendors or an external sub?
- shaker motor - any one better than another?
Thanks!

pinwoofer set works great with the speakers they include,I think pinsound has the sub connector,yes use pinwoofer

#4891 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

pinwoofer set works great with the speakers they include,I think pinsound has the sub connector,yes use pinwoofer

IMG_1917 (resized).jpgIMG_1917 (resized).jpg
#4892 2 years ago
Quoted from thearcadegeek:

heya guys little help here. I'm looking for specific links to purchase a few items for my LZ pro.
- Pinsound and Pinwoofer - I don't see LZ listed as a supported game on either website.
- Are you guys installing the speakers sold by those vendors or an external sub?
- shaker motor - any one better than another?
Thanks!

this may get you there https://pinwoofer.com/videos/ and shows installation

1 week later
#4969 2 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Hi - my friend has a Led Zeppelin premium and has a problem where his spinner gets stuck horizontally. There is literally 4,967 posts in this thread, and searching on "Led Zeppelin" and "spinner" isn't helping me. There seems to be some sort of kit being sent out... is this for the same problem? As I don't follow this game thread, would someone please summarize if this kit helps this issue (or what the spinner issue is at all if its not this horizontal thing)?
TIA

try the key posts at the beginning of this thread near the photos

#5003 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Guess there’s one less LZ for sale…
Shh. Don’t tell Pinside.
Absolute blast.
[quoted image]

hey you found 1 .welcome to the club

#5004 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Guess there’s one less LZ for sale…
Shh. Don’t tell Pinside.
Absolute blast.
[quoted image]

you already have your headphones setup too

#5008 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Like the volume control from outside cab. I’d love to hear anyone’s equalizer/annuitation settings to dial it in the rest of the way. It’s going to be a great weekend.

I have the pinwoofer kit and it sounds great so my settings may be different

#5049 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Dialing in this game makes a huge difference. Make sure the Electro-Magic is flat and flush with the playfield and bend the ball guide inwards so that it sits just to the inside of the left 180* ramp entrance(the one you hit from the upper right flipper). So awesome now!

Glad to see your enjoying your game

1 week later
#5149 2 years ago

communication breakdown and ramble on

#5172 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Correct. One of the best parts of the game is the shots following the sections of each song: verse, bridge, chorus, etc. Change the song, and the shot syncopation makes no sense.

Just got my high score what a blast,Hint its more than Austin Powers wanted.

#5175 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

What? More than 1 Million? LOL

yeah thats why I dont let my 7 year old grandkids play it ,they will knock off my initials.I say look I have spider man.

#5189 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Interesting. I just looked and I have no plastic there since mine was a very early run. Never had a stuck ball there.

I have had 1

#5202 2 years ago
Quoted from HopBeard:

Just had this custom button surround made by pinsider rimmeym This one was magnetic. He can make them out of all sorts of materials, and can make anything I could come up with. What does everyone think?
[quoted image]

I may want one,also like the gloss red flipper rubbers

#5210 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You recall the size of glass need for this? I’m going to order from local glass shop unless there is a pinball part vendor that sells them.

I am also about to order glass if i cant find it elsewhere,I think its 1/8 thick and I saw a stern glass frame mod that fits in at 25.75 x 16.375 can anyone confirm and tempered I would think.

#5213 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The channels came from Pinball Life. Note that they are sized for the pre-LCD glass size. That just means the top and bottom channels are fine but you have to cut a couple inches off the side channels to fit just right. The glass itself is 25-7/8 x 16-1/2 x 1/8 inch, tempered with "no watermark or bug" ordered from my local glass place for a little over $20 including tax.

Thank You I will order my new translite glass in these dimensions

#5235 2 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

Each update file has three sections. Al three sections should be copied to the thumbdrive.

I usually have to copy each of the 3 one at a time from download on computer to usb or it wont work.in my case anyway

#5266 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm slowly getting better so I know a billion is coming soon as I'm progressively getting higher and higher every game. Says a lot for the difficulty, I was banging 500 mil by day 3 on Deadpool, it's taken me months to get there on this one.

welcome to the 800 million club save me a seat

#5267 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

welcome to the 800 million club save me a seat

I havent got to 500 yet

#5269 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm just trying to hit a billion stock settings then I'll play around with it for the kids to play (5 ball, easy multi etc). At my current rate I should be able to hit it any time now just need a few good balls!

it just gets to be more fun as I go,Im happy and havent even unlocked nothing yet.

#5274 2 years ago

new trans to rotate on zepp

IMG_2478 (resized).jpgIMG_2478 (resized).jpgIMG_2479 (resized).jpgIMG_2479 (resized).jpg
#5282 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Looks nice honestly I’d like a Bonham behind drum set but I know I’m in the minority being a drummer

Quoted from drummermike:

You should try a Premium. I do not notice the expression lighting that much when I play my Premium. It is not overwhelming.

I would like 1 with all 4 members but I feel for you Drummers

#5283 2 years ago

sorry not sure how i got the expression lighting in there Drummer mike meant to add you as a Bonzo trans fan

#5284 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

What's everyone's thought on the pro model. I was thinking about getting one.
I was thinking about the pros cuz the expression lights will give me a seizure.
Not literally but I don't feel like getting a migraine and I like the cabinet art of the pro.
Thanks

another option for you is to buy a premium and if you dont like the lights trade someone who owns a pro your sideblades and they add cash.

#5288 2 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Not to be pushy but no one is answering the question about the pro. Is it that bad of a pin without the spinner and the return ramp shot of the upper flipper?
Thanks

I have never played a pro but I cant imagine playing without the ramp and em after having played with it.But I can Imagine its still a great game.

#5319 2 years ago

my pinwoofer is kicking butt .You will get it dialed in .

#5364 2 years ago

Did it add a new setting adjustment from difficult to easy and finally you suck,speaking for myself of course.I love this game But score higher on most others.Maybe I should read the rules DOH

#5416 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

After hearing all this, I'm backing out on zep. Seems like it's a nightmare to keep working

its not at all

#5430 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Brand new spinner.

mine is installed just like the photo short side down

#5451 2 years ago

thats where the amp goes anyway just throw away the box

#5452 2 years ago
Quoted from Cento:

I recd my brand new in the box Led Zeppelin Premium today. It was shipped from Stern without the pin that holds the coinbox in place and it eventually got wedged in the front left corner and I do mean wedged as I could not move it. I had the lift the back box remove the glass and lift the Playfield to get it unwedged. Way to go Stern! Next time why don’t you ship it with the balls install? No pin was found in the machine at all!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

good thing it got wedged in there instead of floating around

#5465 2 years ago

Best band ever or just a good band not even close.

#5468 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, i'm not too bright. I do cart my pinballs around in the back of my Transit with the balls still in them.
And yes, i have purchased new machines, even have an LZ on order.
This reminds me of the guy who sent his Spooky back because the coindoor lock was loose.

Just curious if you have heard anything on the news about the 5? LZ LEs that were stolen,hoping they get recovered and sold to LZ fans

#5484 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Just curious if you have heard anything on the news about the 5? LZ LEs that were stolen,hoping they get recovered and sold to LZ fans

just thought you may have heard news since your closer and it had been discussed here before,Didnt mean to blow your cover.

#5499 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Spin the spinner as it is now and notice the little ends of the spinner that stick thru the mount hole. You must get these perfectly straight, no wobble. Then remove the spinner from the frame and place between 2 identical glasses on a flat surface. See if it hangs roughly OK. Bend the spinner wires so the bottom doesn't hang straight up and down but the bottom is away from you a bit- you want the spinner to be level with the playfield and not level with the floor the pin sits on in the end. Reattach the spinner and recheck the end wobble.

Did you flip it around already ? so the short end is facing down

#5503 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The short end should always face down, that's how it's weighted. If the short end is facing up then the arms are bent to shit.

right

#5551 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Hi neighbor - seems like this topper is a finicky item.My topper broke 1 month after I got it. Spotlights would move, but the lights would turn off and would only light up when pointed to the sides. Been at stern for over 6 weeks for repair. I was told it needs a new microchip. No clue when I’m getting it back. Would rather they just give me a new one.

they certainly should at the price you paid

#5556 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Installed the PinMonk Tibetan Breeze v1.5 SPIKE 2 Flipper Cooling kit today for my Zep LE. This was my first purchase/install of this kit.
Verdict: Um, yeah, must have. Tested it and 30 minutes after continuous play I was able to backhand the right ramp. Previously, without it, that was a dead shot after about 15-20 minutes.
For me, it's simply a gamechanger because that's my most consistent shot along with the center ramp (and, well, of course the spinner when it's up). Posted my best Kashmir effort (when starting game with this song) with 8 gold records and actually made it through the entire song for the first time. Don't underestimate the importance of this to me - one of the greatest songs ever created and have been annoyed I hadn't made it through yet (yes, I'm a newbie player).
Only issue was the brackets for both the right and left didn't fit neatly into the space - I ended up sanding away portions of both - took me about 3-4 iterations each. I didn't want to remove more than was necessary - they fit perfectly though with what I sanded away. Not a big deal - easy to do, just some extra time. Install, other than that, was....ahem, a breeze. I'm sure it's impossible to create brackets that fit every game so no issue and this will be a must have for any of my pins that have flipper fade. For me, for what we spend on these pins, it seems that having more consistent flipper power/control is a no brainer for $120.
Just my 2 cents......hit me back with any thoughts/comments.

next time you have your playfield up maybe you could snap a couple photos of the installed fans

#5591 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I always keep the previous code when I update, just for reasons like this. Hell, im still runnin 1.0, the updates past there didn't seem like they would do much for me. ( as an average player)

can you reload 1.0 after you have loaded newer code ?

#5636 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Success! Of course nobody home to help me get it down stairs si this might be our first kitchen pin .I wonder how that will fly .
[quoted image]

like a LED Balloon

#5646 2 years ago

You will be happy with your pinwoofers.I was going to add speaker lights but decided I really like the way it looks as is.and if you arent happy with your translite there are many options.

IMG_1904 (resized).jpgIMG_1904 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_1915 (resized).jpgIMG_2482 (resized).jpgIMG_2482 (resized).jpg
#5649 2 years ago

I checked on why my Icarus was popping up too high and getting stuck.My set screw on the bottom was missing.I checked with Hayfarmer and his was loose as well so tighten when your up.

#5653 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Mine still has friction I’ve been oiling and pulling it up & down was trying to avoid removing and dremmel. Seems to be loosening up

waxing works as well

#5679 2 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I’m thinking about picking up a LZ, what’s the consensus on premium vs pro?

if its in your budget grab a premium too many good extras you may want.

#5695 2 years ago

My LE plays 100%.would you buy metallica with no sparky

#5750 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I got one and it arrived today. Put it on my Pro - big improvement !

which one did you get .photo ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.99
$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
403 posts in this topic match your search for posts by jamesays. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jamesays.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=jamesays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.