20221112_104906 (resized).jpg
20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 9,658 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 194.
#7801 1 year ago

I prefer the plastic zeppelin with a light strip under it.

#7802 1 year ago

The silver plastic zeppelin on the game is boring to me. Should have at least been dressed up like the Mothership Zeppelin.

My wife was even impressed at how cool looking the wireform is. Looks great in person and gives the playfield a little more of a high end appearance.

Hey, it came with the game and I could swap it out if I wanted, but chose to keep it there.

#7803 1 year ago

When I use pinball browser, I’m 100% focused on audio. I don’t look up often enough to care about what’s on the LCD for multiballs, etc. But it would be nice to replace what’s shown during attract mode. I actually prefer what it had when the game first came out.

#7804 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

When I use pinball browser, I’m 100% focused on audio. I don’t look up often enough to care about what’s on the LCD for multiballs, etc. But it would be nice to replace what’s shown during attract mode. I actually prefer what it had when the game first came out.

All my Sterns look so cool with custom attract modes playing. I work from my bar (it's my stand up desk) and I sometimes keep the pins turned on while I work. Looking at Iron Maiden, Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy playing interesting attract mode videos.

#7805 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

All my Sterns look so cool with custom attract modes playing. I work from my bar (it's my stand up desk) and I sometimes keep the pins turned on while I work. Looking at Iron Maiden, Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy playing interesting attract mode videos.

The first 25 seconds of this video show what the old attract mode video was. I guess they decided it was too “busy”.

#7806 1 year ago

3A469EEA-1CEA-4DC1-A989-36FDFB0173F0 (resized).jpeg3A469EEA-1CEA-4DC1-A989-36FDFB0173F0 (resized).jpeg

889C9AE5-E849-4ED3-B07C-E841D1245B99 (resized).jpeg889C9AE5-E849-4ED3-B07C-E841D1245B99 (resized).jpeg4676487F-C361-4B8F-8F6F-22A0CC0D6406 (resized).jpeg4676487F-C361-4B8F-8F6F-22A0CC0D6406 (resized).jpeg7337D68A-B920-4645-8100-C73BC1013660 (resized).jpeg7337D68A-B920-4645-8100-C73BC1013660 (resized).jpeg
#7807 1 year ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7808 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The first 25 seconds of this video show what the old attract mode video was. I guess they decided it was too “busy”.

Never understood why they got rid of that, it was far better than what we have now.

Maybe someone can pull it from old code to put back in with PB on current code?

#7809 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I prefer the plastic zeppelin with a light strip under it.

I'm sure a quick google would find it but what lighting strip are you referring too? I like the look based on your pics.

Thanis

#7810 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I'm sure a quick google would find it but what lighting strip are you referring too? I like the look based on your pics.
Thanis

I dont remember where I bought it but It could have been Lermods,go to Lermods site and look up Led Zeppelin mods.I got the trough light,backboard lights,under zeppelin and ramp light kits.Decal too

#7811 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I dont remember where I bought it but It could have been Lermods,go to Lermods site and look up Led Zeppelin mods.I got the trough light,backboard lights,under zeppelin and ramp light kits.Decal too

these lights look better and more colorful in person

#7812 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

these lights look better and more colorful in person

Found it. Uhhh, why are you doing this to me and why am I so addicted to blinky shiny things? I'm terribly guilty of adding lights (see my pinside stern pirates ad, although the prior owner is the majority clown puker on that one). This game doesn't help my problem.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/led-zeppelin-pinball-rgb-illumination/v/LZ-RGB-COMBO

#7813 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Found it. Uhhh, why are you doing this to me and why am I so addicted to blinky shiny things? I'm terribly guilty of adding lights (see my pinside stern pirates ad, although the prior owner is the majority clown puker on that one). This game doesn't help my problem.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/led-zeppelin-pinball-rgb-illumination/v/LZ-RGB-COMBO

I really like this set of lights,enjoy dont forget to add ice blue trough light

#7814 1 year ago

The Expression Lights and their incredible effects cannot be overstated. I've owned a Guns N Roses, so I can confidently say that Expression Lights > Hot Rails.

IMG_8140 (resized).JPGIMG_8140 (resized).JPG
#7815 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The Expression Lights and their incredible effects cannot be overstated. I've owned a Guns N Roses, so I can confidently say that Expression Lights > Hot Rails.
[quoted image]

Yep, and the guy at Stern who codes the effects is super-friendly, very nice dude. I can’t wait to get ELS in my Rush Premium.

#7816 1 year ago

New Translite just came in. I know some like the original but this is a huge improvement IMO.
20220527_000036 (resized).jpg20220527_000036 (resized).jpg

20220527_000449 (resized).jpg20220527_000449 (resized).jpg
#7817 1 year ago

Is this opinion pretty much shared by most owners?

The callouts are shit. Truly awful and they make Alice Cooper's callouts sound like Jim J Bullock (look him up, funny gay guy from back in the day) in comparison.

#7818 1 year ago

Definitely not the most inspiring of callouts, but it doesn’t bother me. From what I’ve heard, LZ wasn’t easy to work with and it clearly shows. Not a huge concern at this point -I Will always love my LZ - great game.

#7819 1 year ago

The removal of attract video is more bothersome to me.

#7820 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Definitely not the most inspiring of callouts, but it doesn’t bother me. From what I’ve heard, LZ wasn’t easy to work with and it clearly shows. Not a huge concern at this point -I Will always love my LZ - great game.

Call outs are are all ok. They don't add to the experience like they do on Rush but I actually expected worse before I played for the first time.

#7821 1 year ago

I was only the 4 combo shot away from completing all the tours. Had Mothership MB also.

What other MBs are in the pro?

#7822 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I was only the 4 combo shot away from completing all the tours. Had Mothership MB also.
What other MBs are in the pro?

Well, completing the tours gets you to World Tour MB
Getting at least 5 golds on all ten songs gets you Top of the Charts MB
Getting platinum(ten golds) on all ten songs gets you Celebration Day MB

http://tiltforums.com/t/led-zeppelin-rulesheet/6878

#7823 1 year ago

Hey guys. Any idea why my service menu button aren’t working all of a sudden? Can’t even adjust volume when I open door.

Thanks in advance!

#7824 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

Hey guys. Any idea why my service menu button aren’t working all of a sudden? Can’t even adjust volume when I open door.
Thanks in advance!

Unplug and reseat connectors at coindoor and backbox. Manual will tell you which ones.

#7825 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Unplug and reseat connectors at coindoor and backbox. Manual will tell you which ones.

Worked! Thank you. Should’ve tried that first but thought it was too simple of a solution since I wasn’t messing around under the hood.

#7826 1 year ago

After shooting the shot all the way on the left to start the tour modes where does the ball drop for you guys? I don't own this machine yet but I'm considering it however there's a location near me that has a premium and when the ball is released from the tour mode shot on the left it hits the top of the left sling. I watch some gameplay videos that show it dropping to the left flipper. Where does it drop stock setup?

#7827 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

After shooting the shot all the way on the left to start the tour modes where does the ball drop for you guys? I don't own this machine yet but I'm considering it however there's a location near me that has a premium and when the ball is released from the tour mode shot on the left it hits the top of the left sling. I watch some gameplay videos that show it dropping to the left flipper. Where does it drop stock setup?

Stock for this on my Premium was 100. This drops directly on top the left bumper. Crank it to 130 in the adjustments (game/left eject) and ball comes to flipper.

#7828 1 year ago

Is there anyway to add songs? I think Somebody did it to Beatles. Didn’t know if anyone had done it to LZ. Would be awesome if you could.

#7829 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Mine ejects to the left flipper. I've played others that eject to the top of the slingshot. ANY Led Zep should be easily adjusted to feed the flipper.

#7830 1 year ago

Mine hits the top of the sling to the right flipper.
This is really a great game but receives a lot of criticism, some deserved, some not .
The big thing for me was not being able to consistently make the right ramp with the back hand. I made a few changes I've posted before but PM me if it's a problem.
I also had a problem hitting the center ramp from the 3rd flipper so I adjusted the settings to remove the need to.

I also set the multiballs to easy. Before you say "play better" I'm 69 years old so if I maintain the status quo I'll be lucky.

This game is very adjustable to your ability and is a great addition to my collection. It is probably my favorite 2 player game. The music is incredible but must be heard through a proper amplified sub woofer system at least and in a home setting as there's just too much other stuff competing in an arcade setting.
Once dialed in this is a top 10 game. It's a little too bad some just play it at factory settings in a noisy arcade.

#7831 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

Is there anyway to add songs? I think Somebody did it to Beatles. Didn’t know if anyone had done it to LZ. Would be awesome if you could.

Can replace songs, haven’t heard of adding songs? Any link? You could add two songs to replace one, depending on song length. Thanks.

#7832 1 year ago

I can't imagine changing the songs on this game being the modes revolve completely around the music. The shots change with parts of each song, guitar solos, choruses, etc. It would be just completely random if you messed with the songs. Same with the expression lights. Nothing would integrate correctly anymore. That is one of the most amazing parts of this game....how the software actually takes the music and brings it to life on the playfield. It is genius theme integration in a way that has never really been done and it's sad so many people don't get it.

#7833 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Mine hits the top of the sling to the right flipper.
This is really a great game but receives a lot of criticism, some deserved, some not .
The big thing for me was not being able to consistently make the right ramp with the back hand. I made a few changes I've posted before but PM me if it's a problem.
I also had a problem hitting the center ramp from the 3rd flipper so I adjusted the settings to remove the need to.
I also set the multiballs to easy. Before you say "play better" I'm 69 years old so if I maintain the status quo I'll be lucky.
This game is very adjustable to your ability and is a great addition to my collection. It is probably my favorite 2 player game. The music is incredible but must be heard through a proper amplified sub woofer system at least and in a home setting as there's just too much other stuff competing in an arcade setting.
Once dialed in this is a top 10 game. It's a little too bad some just play it at factory settings in a noisy arcade.

Mine down to the left flipper. All good.

I think most music pins especially lose a lot in a noisy arcade. The lights and sound of games like LZ, Rush and GNR need to be enjoyed in a dimly lit basement with a beer!

I do find this game can be adjusted nicely. Friends are liking it also and after a few weeks with it I think it may be staying in my arcade for a while.

#7834 1 year ago

I found a setting which shows what the objectives are before you start a multi ball or tour mode. You can skip it with flipper buttons. But I like how it works and glad I found it and turned it on.

#7835 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I found a setting which shows what the objectives are before you start a multi ball or tour mode. You can skip it with flipper buttons. But I like how it works and glad I found it and turned it on.

Should be on all pins - especially on location IMO.

A lot of pins don't take advantage of the big screens to help people figure out how to play. I see people in arcades walk away from them 1/2 through a game sometimes because they don't get it.

#7836 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

What setting? Haven't seen that.

#7837 1 year ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Mando has this too in the Foundry. Agree with the others that this should be in all pins and a option for operators to set to on to help new players.

I still think there should be a "tutorial" mode that plays for a quarter and walks you through a specific set of shots to hit. Pin rules are rapidly getting more complicated and would also help draw in the video game crowd that's used to the walkthrough concept.

#7838 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

I still think there should be a "tutorial" mode that plays for a quarter and walks you through a specific set of shots to hit. Pin rules are rapidly getting more complicated and would also help draw in the video game crowd that's used to the walkthrough concept.

Would love to see this.

If you want to grow the popularity, this is the way.

#7839 1 year ago

Anyone have any video of gameplay with replacement songs?

#7840 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anyone have any video of gameplay with replacement songs?

I can put one together, changed out two songs. May play around with video changes next.

#7841 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I can put one together, changed out two songs. May play around with video changes next.

Check the last message in the Pinball Browser thread about codec issues with some of the Led Zep audio. Might want to hold off until that's resolved. I have my project on hold after I discovered those static tracks.

#7842 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Check the last message in the Pinball Browser thread about codec issues with some of the Led Zep audio. Might want to hold off until that's resolved. I have my project on hold after I discovered those static tracks.

Thanks, I am using an older version of the code. Not sure if that makes a difference?

#7843 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, I am using an older version of the code. Not sure if that makes a difference?

Oh yeah, that's probably fine then.

#7844 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Nice. Keep me updated. Love the code and layout of the pro. Love building up the multipliers with combos and cashing out. Still sad certain songs were left off.

#7845 1 year ago

Anyone have thoughts about the shaker motor on zeppelin. Got a shaker motor sitting around. Deciding if I should put it in tmnt or zeppelin

#7846 1 year ago

put it in asap

#7847 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Anyone have thoughts about the shaker motor on zeppelin. Got a shaker motor sitting around. Deciding if I should put it in tmnt or zeppelin

I just moved the shaker over to Zepplin from another game. Still undecided on if it is really necessary. I’ve been playing without one for two weeks but I can’t say I really notice a big difference with one added now.

#7848 1 year ago

I agree. I added one to my zep but it’s a little underwhelming. However - that’s probably because JUrassic park has to be the best use of shaker motor and it’s tough to compete with .

#7849 1 year ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

I agree. I added one to my zep but it’s a little underwhelming. However - that’s probably because JUrassic park has to be the best use of shaker motor and it’s tough to compete with .

Yup, compare it to the shaker in Jurassic Park and Game of Thrones, and the shaker in Zeppelin (and my Aerosmith) is like, whatever.

#7850 1 year ago

Turtles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 65.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 9,658 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 194.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.