20221112_102121 (resized).jpg
20221112_115345 (resized).jpg
20210319_212153 (resized).jpg
IMG_4768 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4772 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4777 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

12 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1279 Spinner fix with photos Posted by Motorcitypinball (3 years ago)

Post #2246 Side ramp fix Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #2568 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by LOTR_breath (3 years ago)

Post #3413 Pinwoofer settings Posted by Greaseman (3 years ago)

Post #3576 Spinner fix. Posted by Hayfarmer (3 years ago)

Post #3768 new spinner Posted by LargemouthAss (3 years ago)

Post #6946 TECH: LIGHTING. EM Frenzy light show disable location Posted by pascal-pinball (2 years ago)

Post #7167 EM adjustment Posted by LeMansFan (2 years ago)

Post #7175 EM rubber replacement Posted by pinballjah (2 years ago)

Post #7285 Em o- rings Posted by Blue_Agave (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lemansfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 3 years ago

I’d like to put a deposit down ASAP. As someone who’s only ever once before, several years ago purchased a NIB game, would anyone like to please suggest who I place a deposit with so that I’m not waiting until 2022 for a game?

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Call JJ @ game exchange, was taking deposits yesterday.

That guy didn’t return my voicemail or email earlier this week. Disappointing. Put my order in with someone else.

1 month later
#761 3 years ago

Visited my local distributor today and they'd just set up a Pro LZ yesterday, I have a premium on order.

Sitting next to a half dozen or so other new Sterns the play field does seem very sparse. I didn't want to admit to that but it's unfortunately true. It did shoot well and the shots are fast and satisfying. I think I need to get the angles down on the flippers because I was having a hard time with the right ramp, and not hitting the dead end shot on the third flipper very well (I did manage a couple center ramp shots from the third flipper, it actually isn't very difficult). I'm hoping that the addition of the Electric Magic spinner and ramp from the third flipper will fill the game out more.

My newest pin is a Sopranos from 2005. I've read a lot of threads bashing newer Sterns complaining about play field quality. I see terms that I am unfamiliar with, one being pooling. Is that when there are little divots on the play field that I assume are from the ball striking it? I was a bit dismayed to see that this Pro I played that had just been set up yesterday appeared to have quite a few of these already. I'm buying the game anyway, wife loves LZ, and that's what's allowing another game in the house. I'm just curious, what is the negative affects from pooling (or whatever it is that I saw), is it just a cosmetic thing that bothers certain people, or is there something more sinister than that?

As with any pinball I've played for the first time it's hard to make an ultimate judgement after playing just a few games and not knowing any of the rules, I am certain I will enjoy it much more once I know what I should be doing. Hoping I might get good enough at some point to actually make it to the wizard modes.

IMG_0557 (resized).JPGIMG_0557 (resized).JPG
#764 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Those are dimples, pooling is when the clear puddles and sometimes chips.

So are dimples a big issue? I’ve never seen any on my Sopranos and I’ve been playing it for years.

1 week later
#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Definitely pinnovators, about $35, and is a 5 minute install. A polk woofer off Amazon is $130. Costco has klipsch woofers for $165, amazing sound difference with klipsch

Picked up one of those Klipsh subs at Costco myself the other day, believe the sale runs through the end of next week.

Of course I have a couple of these subs in my home theater, but figured they might be a bit of overkill for a pinball machine: https://www.jlaudio.com/collections/home-audio-fathom-v2/products/f113v2-gloss-home-audio-fathom-v2-powered-subwoofers-96142

1 week later
#1592 3 years ago

It just feels right when the OP finally gets his machine.

1 week later
#2263 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else get the occasional right orbit shit that rather than going into the lock or pops actually goes all the way around and comes out left side?
I’ve had this happen maybe 5-10 times in 150 games played or so.

I hate when I get the right orbit shits.

2 weeks later
#2858 3 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

First time poster here. Been lurking for a while, but decided to join in on the fun. Seems like some cool people around here. I Ordered my first-ever Pinball machine back on 2/2/21 - the Led Zep Premium - should show up in a month or so from Great American Pinball in West Chicago. Great guys to deal with. I'm very excited to say the least...Ordered up some cool mods from Lermods as well as the space coast Doubleneck guitar cover. Really looking forward to getting this in my house! I've learned a lot from scrolling these pages and I will still have a lot to learn as I move forward. Cheers to all and thanks for the great info you've all provided so far. This game looks insanely fun! Can't wait for it to arrive!

Congratulations on your first pin and welcome! Fair warning, these things multiply!

3 weeks later
#3378 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Remember when the game was first streamed and they said the middle ramp could be made from the upper flipper? Has anyone ever done that on purpose? The angle seems impossible. Just curious if it’s just my machine.

First time I played a pro at my local distributor I made at least two shots in my first game.

3 weeks later
#3620 3 years ago

Paid up my balance with Trent from Tilt yesterday and I'm told my premium will be shipping from Stern this Friday! Wonder how long the transit time from Chicago to California will be? I have a cousin who I've known my whole life and up until a few years ago had no idea he was just as into pinball as I am. He will be getting some games himself, but needs to get settled a bit first, for now he shoots for my high scores and every so often gets one. Every few months we've had "pinball parties" where he and his girlfriend come over, we BBQ, drink beer, and play games all night. Really, really hoping LZ will be here by next Friday!

#3660 3 years ago
Quoted from frg:

I love this machine...
Did a tutorial video - feedback welcome
Led Zeppelin Code 1.00 | Pinball Tutorial (english)

Awesome! My premium shipped yesterday. Gonna find some time to watch this video to get my bearings before it shows up.
My dad was born and raised in Berlin. I’m sure he’d prefer if I watched the German version, alas my Deutsch is not so good.

#3895 3 years ago

My machine arrived today! Just in time for a bi-monthly pinball party tomorrow that I have with my cousin. Can’t wait to get a better grasp on this game!

5A8316AE-C561-4174-A73F-7FD195ADD9C4 (resized).jpeg5A8316AE-C561-4174-A73F-7FD195ADD9C4 (resized).jpegBDE2F5EA-F845-4825-802A-472CD0821925 (resized).jpegBDE2F5EA-F845-4825-802A-472CD0821925 (resized).jpegE50F98B4-3C86-4A34-AD6B-3C6D9F15A45D (resized).jpegE50F98B4-3C86-4A34-AD6B-3C6D9F15A45D (resized).jpeg
#3906 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Anyone have a LZ and SW in there collection?
Are they too similar, with their layouts?

Did you see my post just a few ahead of yours? Yeah, I have both. IMO they don’t feel similar at all.

#3923 2 years ago
Quoted from Adam716:

What is the best way to loosen up the spinner on the Electro Magic playfield? Mine is a little tight and does not always fall back down

I’m having the same problem. Many times it just gets stuck horizontally and the ball will go right through without registering.

Another problem I’m having (I’m gonna search the thread to see if it’s a known issue and someone has a fix, but figured I’ll post it anyway), on too many occasions now I’ll lock a ball in the EM spinner, the mech will go down into the play field and it won’t give another ball to plunge. It just goes into ball search mode. A few times now it will just keep doing that over and over.

Have had the game for two days now and it’s on 1.02 code. Early issues to sort out.

#3927 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I wonder if these 2 issue are related,Not registering a ball sounds like the opto is not working.The spinner may need a drop of lubricant on each end.worth a try on the spinner.Not sure on the opto.

I know it’s been discussed already, but which lubricant is recommended? And is it the type of thing you’d just pick up at a hardware store?

#3933 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Zoom spout, Amazon, is a great lubricant. Lasts a long time, I put a bit on a q tip, it does not take much

Ordered, thank you.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Ball search when locking into EM is not a code problem, or everyone would be having the issue. It's a spinner issue. See the many many posts about the spinner. Basically, bend the two spinner mounting brackets outward(unless you have the new design). Then straighten out the bent spinner and lube with super lube, tri-flow, or whatever you have.

My game was built just two weeks ago, so it’s the new design. I guess the new design isn’t perfect either.

#3941 2 years ago

Does anyone else feel like the flipper mechanism on this game is a lot louder than on most other games???

#3979 2 years ago

Ha ha, funny that the previous post mentioned needing an external sub, and that's exactly what I came on here to complain about.

I bought one of those Klipsch 12" subs that were on sale at Costco not too long ago and just finished hooking it up. Was hoping that it would bring out the bass in the music rather than just the sound effects. Is there any suggestion or way to remedy this? I don't need all the booms from the effects, just would prefer to have fuller sound from the actual tunes.

I searched through the menus to turn down the effects and turn up the music and couldn't find where that is located, anyone care to point me in the right direction?

#3983 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Try "music attenuation" at about -10. It's in the menu

Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Feature adjustments 58 (music) and 59 (speech).

Thank you both!

#3987 2 years ago

Wow, those audio adjustments made a HUGE difference!!! Thanks everyone! It sounds epic when that magic spinner is just spinning out of its mind! Wife was two rooms over and comes in and is like what did you do to the sound?!

This game is kicking my ass though, making me feel like a not-so-good player, but it’s fun as hell to rock out to! Gotta just remind myself that when my Star Wars first arrived it was kicking my ass too, but then I just got a feel for the shots and now I can play some decent games. The whole multiplier thing both with this game and also Star Wars still confuses me a bit. Zeppelin also seems like a strategy type game, like when is the best time to set yourself up for multi balls and such. Happy though to think between both those games it’s going to be a long while until I master them, so great for home use.

And... my wife is the Zeppelin fan, she’s the reason I got the machine. I too am quickly becoming a fan as well. Song that I’m currently in love with and keeps playing in my head when I’m not playing the game is Ramble On. My new jam!

#3989 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ramble is my fave too!! I always start there,
and I avoid song remains the same .Did you find the equalizer?

Sure did! Thanks friend!

And my least favorite song is Trampled Under Foot.

#4018 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Is it ok to hook up 2 pins to a Klipsch 12” powered sub. I have my LZ hooked up using one of the RCA connectors now. Can I do the same with a Metallica pro I may have just purchased and use the other existing RCA input?

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

#4098 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

Ok so I played a few games on my new premium. Code 1.02 . I noticed the electric magic will trap the ball and lower but won't put out another ball as if it doesn't sense the trapped ball and then it goes into ball find mode rises and releases the ball from the magnet. Is there any way to fix this?

My machine has done this straight out of the box as well. It’s frustrating.

#4167 2 years ago

I'm sorry to do this as it seems most folks on here love their machine. I'm trying so hard to love mine. I've put hours on it every day since I've had it. But it just seems like these spinner issues just keep getting worse and worse. I've lubed it, I've turned it backwards, I've run diagnostics.

Last night I was playing and the spinner just decided to all of a sudden (the mech was raised, but I didn't even hit it) fly off onto the playfield in front of the mech. I turned the game off and put it back inside the holes that hold it. It does nothing now, it just lamely sits horizontally and won't register anything. There are two pieces on either side on the inside of the mech at the end of the spinner arms, the one on the left side is black, the one on the right side appears to be clearish. Are the arms some how supposed to secure inside those?

And then to add insult to injury, when I put the thing back together it is now nut flush, every time I hit that part of the playfield the ball just flies up in the air and usually hits the fourth ramp.

Open for suggestions because at this point the game is just not fun at all and borderline unplayable with the added issue.

Sorry to rant and bash the game but this just seems to be a QC nightmare.

#4169 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I was having trouble with mine.
Stern sent me a new spinner and never had to install it.
But I never bent brackets or bent my spinner.
I did reverse it 180 and never had an issue after that. No lube and nothing else.
So my suggestion is call Stern and get a new spinner and make sure your brackets are where they started.
Only reason I'm telling You get a new spinner is You probably have bent Yours several times.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll call them and my distributor on Monday.

Cool profile picture BTW. Miss seeing those cars in IMSA, WEC, and Le Mans. Not the best sounding cars, but they were beautiful to look at.
Assuming from your location you might be a Sebring attendee? I had been 15 years in a row before last year.

#4200 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't bother...you'll never get through by phone. Just email Pablo at [email protected] as well as [email protected] and cc your distro. Just like every Stern game I've bought, the game is fun as hell...once you've worked out all the kinks (which, admittedly, you shouldn't have to do). I still have the issue of the ball not kicking out another ball when the EM traps it, but I swear I'll solve the issue before I die since Stern doesn't seem to be addressing it.
Fix your spinner and be patient...it's a fun game once it actually works.

Just an update on my situation. Emailed my distributor (Trent from Tilt Amusements) yesterday. He didn't need to reply on a Sunday, but he did. Sent an email to Pablo at Stern. Pablo had an email in my inbox this morning. Apologizing that I was having an issue, opened a warranty claim, and said they're working on a fix/replacement part. Once it's ready they'll send me one. Just hoping the replacement will have adequate instructions as I wouldn't mind a little hand holding.

#4349 2 years ago

So what is the best method for moving the outlane posts? I always keep my games at factory settings, but i do like to move the posts in. I read another post that said to use a ¼" deep socket to move the outlane posts, but when I tried I wasn't able to reach the nut, the post got in the way. I'm not the best with tools though, so it could just be operator error.

I'm seeing lots and lots of posts all having the same problems I've had with the spinner. Mine is now constantly stuck in a horizontal position, and I dread when the magic spinner rises. It's all very disappointing. Pablo confirmed that they'll send me a replacement once they have one, curious how long I should expect that to take.

I'm nowhere near as big a collector as many on here, I've only had four games since my first in 2005. How uncommon is it that a major feature of a game would have this many problems and would affect so many of the games out in the field? What are some other examples and how did they get handled? Is this just an inherent flaw of the game, a critical, fragile piece that is getting bashed in a way that is unavoidable, and can it ever be truly corrected?

All of that said, after having the game for a few weeks, just the other day I finally remembered to try Top Of The Charts mode. It's a lot of fun and a good challenge. I was playing a three player of it last night and came across a possible flaw though, I was player three and had a game that was never-ending on Immigrant Song, had 28 gold records on just that song, last ball would drain and it just kept spitting another ball out, never going on to the new song, just repeating Immigrant Song over and over. Finally just turned the game off.

#4400 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

like a boner in public

Aren't those the best times???

#4426 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I'm kinda waiting to play zeppelin til my spinner gets fixed. Still fun and I can make it work but I want to play it how it's supposed to be played.

I'm in the same boat. My spinner doesn't work at all, just stays horizontal. So I'm just playing my other games, Zeppelin is collecting dust.

#4434 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

How long ago did you reach out to support?

Not that long ago, eight days.

#4436 2 years ago
Quoted from number_runner:

I disabled my spinner for the time being until they send out a fix. Plays like a pro now since I cant hit that scoop ramp anyways.

How does one go about disabling the spinner? Something in the settings, or more involved? I wouldn't mind doing that to mine until I get the replacement parts from Stern.

#4533 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I like it but my wife isn’t a fan.

I thought wives liked big things???

#4636 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

Im having issues with the MS on my premium. It doesnt sit flush with the play field causing airballs etc. I was able to level out the MS but the Magic bolts #70&71 ,up and down, do not sit flush when MS is down. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes. It's annoying. I played around with the four screws to make it level, then it seems to get out of alignment when it raises and lowers. Lately the plastic cover has been offset to the point where I get SDTM because of the gap on the plastic. I fix it and then it just goes back to how it was. Trying really hard to like this game, really hard...

2 weeks later
#4852 2 years ago

Okay. Allow me a moment to set the scene. Rough, busy day at work. Had to drive into the office (has become a somewhat non-existent thing in the past year or so), traffic coming home was a killer. Time to play some pinball. Fire up all three (I wish I had more) machines.

So I find myself gravitating towards my Led Zeppelin because I have a love/hate relationship with it. I consider myself to be a decent player. I've put my high scores on some location machines as well as some of those living at my friend's houses. I can score in the billions fairly regularly on my Star Wars. But LZ has straight up been brutally kicking my ass. Can't figure out why. Do I not know the rules (answer: I don't). Do I not have the shots down (answer: I'm getting there). Do I have SDTM way too often to the point I kick the machine (answer: yes.)

So here I am playing and all of the sudden I just get sucked into the music. End of game, let's open up that coin door and set the music just a little louder than it was before. Okay, decent game. What do you say we set the volume even louder (after all the wife isn't home). Next thing I know the music is blasting. Previous high score was 291 million. With music blasting I find myself with a score of 403 million. Super pumped, no more hate, nothing but love. I think I've found the sweet spot. Just need to play it until my ears are blasting.

I know, I know, there are people on here obviously way better at pinball than I am scoring in the billions. But I am coming for you.

1 week later
#4954 2 years ago
Quoted from JD4444:

I know I posted about this in the past but this is getting to the point of being completely illogical. I would say about 90 - 95% of my 1st balls are less than 5 million and usually less than 2 million. Rarely on 1st ball do I get to play longer than a few minutes. At some point you would think random laws would apply but it is getting frustrating. It doesn't happen on other machines . I have it level and at 6.5 degrees. I just don't get it? Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I am frustrated. The laughter is waning and the frustration is increasing. How do you get a good score when you are down a ball almost before you start? I don't understand the scores in the billions. Seems impossible.
Sorry for the rant. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band and I really want to be able to play without having to start over ever 3-5 minutes. My highest score is 651 million. My average is around 80 -150 million.

Perhaps the other balls are lasting much longer because you're much closer to any three of the multi balls?

And if it makes you feel any better, my highest score is less than half of yours. I can regularly score in the billions on my Star Wars, but can't get above 300 million on Led Zeppelin.

1 week later
#5036 2 years ago

Just wanted to share a bit of anecdotal evidence of the fun factor on Led Zeppelin…

I had my 15 year old nephew over this past weekend. He’d been over in the past when all I had was my Sopranos machine and enjoyed playing it. Since the wife and I moved to a new house a few months ago with more room I’ve added a Star Wars Pro and the LZ Premium. The nephew is a massive Star Wars fan, as such I’d been hyping the game to him and he was super excited to play it. Of course it was the first game he started when he came over, no attention being paid to LZ. After several plays of SW, I suggested he try LZ. After one play he was hooked, spent the rest of the time playing nothing but LZ. He didn’t play SW again until I teased him about not being a true fan, he then felt obligated to play it.

I asked him why all the LZ play, did he know and like the music? He said, no, he’d never heard those songs (Immigrant Song may have sounded familiar, he wasn’t sure), but he quickly decided he liked them. He enjoyed the game for the music, the lights, and the magic spinner (knock on wood it’s been working properly for a couple weeks now). He also appreciated the multiple opportunities for multiballs in LZ.

Just thought I’d share that, still can’t believe Star Wars collected dust while he was here, never saw that coming!

#5039 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Unboxed my premium today! Going on location at Crazy Rooster brewery in Powhatan, VA later this week.
The glass is this thing is REALLY tight. Like a bit concerning how tight it is. It comes out but no way you're doing it without leaving some big smudges on the glass. Other than that, aces / 10 probably the most launch ready game I've ever received. Came with the spinner fix and 1.02 code installed even. Put a DBA in it, a little brain lube on the spinners, and she is smoking. Only other issue is it came with these nice cards in it instead of the big yellow price card which is what I actually needed. Didn't see any in the bag like there usually are.

Now that you mention it, mine didn’t come with a price card either. I checked because mine is HUO, and would’ve been willing to mail it to you, but…

#5046 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Please PM this post to jorant . In case you missed it:

So from my super unscientific, one example, we can surmise that the younger generation has it all figured out. They could care less about theme and ultimately about gameplay. I could see it in his eyes each time he hit one of those steep ramps in LZ, and each time he ripped the spinner. When he got an electric magic frenzy I thought his head was going to explode!

1 week later
#5119 2 years ago

Agreed that premium or limited is definitely the way to go! While the spinner does require tweaking, it makes a massive difference in this game.

As far as it being a “chill” game, I can’t say it is. There are lots of opportunities for multiballs, and it gets frenetic and fast and crazy during those times.

What I love most about my Led Zeppelin and makes it different than my other games is that it undoubtedly has that “One more game” feel.

#5190 2 years ago

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been loving my Zeppelin lately. It shoots great and is tons of fun. What I love most about it is that “just one more game” replay ability of it. As soon as a game ends I need to start another to see if I can have an even better game than the last.

That said, the damn spinner continues to bum me out. I’ve done everything to the damn thing, bent the brackets, flipped it around, got the spinner replacement (which honestly I haven’t done anything with because my game is a recent enough build that the replacement is identical to what’s already on it).

It always fails and comes flying off onto the playfield whenever I get an electric magic frenzy. . I’m paying attention to where the balls are in relationship to the flippers, so I can’t see exactly what’s happening. It seems though that on frenzy once you get that first ball in there the mech kinda throws the ball back at you. I wonder if this is what’s causing it to almost immediately after come flying out of the bracket. Now that I think of it, maybe there’s a setting to lower this, maybe it’s possible to make it not “throw” it at all and instead just release it (unless of course I’m just imaging the throwing thing). Any suggestions? Before I go searching the menus does anyone know if what I’m describing is accurate and if there’s a setting?

It really sucks because each game where I’ve had an opportunity to really put up a high score this spinner failure happens.

1 week later
#5367 2 years ago

So was my laziness on not jumping on the newer code, saying to myself "I'll get around to it" a good thing this time?

We're still in full seizure mode at our house.

#5491 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Soon, it's only 8 am, have an hours work to do first.

See, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Simple explanation.

Wait, it’s Australia, did he wake up on the right side of the bed??? (You know, the whole toilet thing).

#5493 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I get up at 4am or so every day.

You’re a better man than me.

#5495 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

And i have a LeMans.
MKIV 1000.

Supra? Very nice!

1 week later
#5582 2 years ago

Just had a pretty good game by my lowly standards, 270 million.

Got an EM Frenzy. If that mode doesn’t get you totally pumped you are dead inside. EM Frenzy has got to be one of the single most epic moments in all of pinball!

#5589 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Does the EM frenzy still have the ‘seizure’ lighting effect? I haven’t gotten there since I did the last update and they took away the cool lighting for the regular EM when it first comes up.

I’m still two updates behind, so I still have the seizure lighting. Like Hayfarmer I’m not one to jump on new code right away. Sometimes that works out in my favor.

1 week later
#5763 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I Have an opportunity to sell my Munsters Le and was thinking of getting a Zep premium. Those who own this game is there some depth to the code? I haven’t been able to play one but I like the layout as it looks built for speed and flow and I am not that into toys and mechs. Also I am huge Zep fan and like the idea of owning a music pin. I will only have a 2 pin line up and the other pin would be a mando premium. Is led Zep challanging? I want a game that makes me fight for that high score.

As someone who honestly has had my issues with my LZ Premium, I’d had the EM problem (it’s stayed fixed for quite a while now), and struggling to hit the shots while getting used to it, I had moments where I wasn’t sure the game was for me.

I can tell you that I fall in love with, and enjoy this game more each and every time I play it. The last few solid pinball plays consisted of twice having people over, and last night playing just by myself. While people were over I played two or four player with them on LZ and ignored my other games, or while they were playing the others I happily kept playing LZ. Last night LZ was the only game that got turned on and played. It has that “one more game” fun factor. It is challenging, it has multiple ways to go about trying to progress. And it has excellent music (and I wasn’t even the LZ fan, they’re my wife’s thing).

Just get it, you won’t regret it.

#5765 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just think of the people missing out on this pin. Different in so many ways, never gets old, even when it kicks my ass!

It’s pretty clear that the people who’ve said anything negative about this game haven’t played one (or didn’t allow themselves enough games to get the shots down), or (sorry to any of the owners I might offend) they played a pro (yes, the EM spinner is that awesome).

Last night I had an EM Frenzy that lasted quite a while. At one point I realized I had a massive shit eating grin while I was bopping my head to the music. I’ve said it before but it repeats saying, EM Frenzy is one of the COOLEST things EVER in pinball!

2 weeks later
#5971 2 years ago
Quoted from crobby:

Hey folks, new LZ owner this week and I have a question about the EM mech. Occasionally, when I start a game, the mech will start in the up position, but after playing a bit, it will go back down and everything seems normal from that point forward. My question is, "is that a feature or a problem?" I haven't found a definite pattern yet, but it seems like the mech will start in the up psoition after a few "bad" games in a row. It appears to be working great in all other instances.
Thanks

From my experience it seems to happen when you hit start on a new game too soon after the last game ended. I usually let it get through all of the post-game animations and such before hitting start, then it rarely happens. At least it seems to figure out pretty quickly that it shouldn't be up and goes back down.

#5973 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

After all, it's that just one more game pin, NOW.

Abso-freaking-lutely!

It’s also the game that’s causing my other games to feel neglected.

2 weeks later
#6177 2 years ago

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my LZ premium. That said... I'm still having issues with my spinner fairly often unfortunately. Mine never gets stuck, rather it pops out of the bracket and ends up flying all over the playfield until I stop the ball I'm on. My build was in April, so I'm pretty certain I had the "fixed" version. Regardless Stern sent me a replacement. Unfortunately I have messed around with both the original and replacement spinner to the point that I can't remember how much bend either of them are supposed to have. How should they look?

My Star Wars is having an issue with some of the optos in the horseshoe. That machine is under warranty and my local dealer does in house warranty service. We're scheduled for a few weeks from now to get that looked at. I was trying to save a buck when I ordered my LZ, so I ordered from out of state to try to avoid the dreaded California sales tax, in hindsight I wish I'd just bit the bullet and had the in house warranty with the local dealer on LZ. I'll pay him for his time to dial in the LZ when he's here, hoping that an expert like him will know what needs to be done to avoid these damn spinner issues.

Again, I LOVE this game, it rocks and is tons and tons and tons of fun. Just need to get this issue sorted.

#6186 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Post a pic of your mechanism from straight on. It sounds like the support brackets aren’t parallel. Having the spinner pop out isn’t a common problem.

Here’s a couple photos of my EM mech

48DCFCEB-F837-4F70-87A2-C979C4B0322B (resized).jpeg48DCFCEB-F837-4F70-87A2-C979C4B0322B (resized).jpeg9366EBF3-A1FD-453A-9E83-3C1718C7B79F (resized).jpeg9366EBF3-A1FD-453A-9E83-3C1718C7B79F (resized).jpeg
#6189 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I would bend the spinner support “arms” in a little bit. It won’t hurt the shot, and it should keep your spinner secure.

Thanks. I’ll give that a try!

#6191 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Your EM base is sitting too high when raised. It needs to be flush. Go under the PF and lower the motor ever so slightly. Several other owners have fixed EM spinner problems by leveling the base height even with the PF.
Also looks like it might be a little higher on the left than the right.

I do have the pdf instructions for leveling the EM
mech as provided by Stern. This is something I planned to ask my local distributor to do for me when he comes over in a few weeks. Waxing and replacing bulbs I’m good with. More involved things I’d rather bring in an expert. Thanks though, I thought this could be the reason, nice to have a second opinion.

#6193 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Where can I get a copy of this pdf? I need to try and level mine.
Thanks
Ed

Here you go friend.

109E730D-9B86-48E5-AFCB-58D860ED2AAD (resized).png109E730D-9B86-48E5-AFCB-58D860ED2AAD (resized).png238CDE7C-0CED-4AB9-B00E-9248EA098609 (resized).png238CDE7C-0CED-4AB9-B00E-9248EA098609 (resized).png65EFFA3C-7E3E-4683-BEFE-E13A27FE74FB (resized).png65EFFA3C-7E3E-4683-BEFE-E13A27FE74FB (resized).png8E767D96-D80A-469F-8A4C-78C50607E6E0 (resized).png8E767D96-D80A-469F-8A4C-78C50607E6E0 (resized).png9DB833A7-CEC6-432E-A28B-B8723EC20A0A (resized).png9DB833A7-CEC6-432E-A28B-B8723EC20A0A (resized).pngAAC82A99-8D7E-4E4A-8041-525B01B95880 (resized).pngAAC82A99-8D7E-4E4A-8041-525B01B95880 (resized).pngAC717991-5C09-4F48-8BFE-0740326F11CA (resized).pngAC717991-5C09-4F48-8BFE-0740326F11CA (resized).png
#6194 2 years ago

Looks like they got out of order. Sorry about that.

#6199 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Cant you put your bed in the garage

Or rather, can I put my bed in his garage???

#6210 2 years ago
Quoted from Blue_Agave:

Anyone have in PDF form the EM leaving instructions and willing to email?
Thanks in advance.

Anyone who needs the form, send me a PM with your email address and I'll be happy to send it to you. I've already sent it to a few other people on this thread.

#6219 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Do you guys find that LZ makes all your other games invisible when you have a few friends over?

I’ve had a couple in-house deliveries lately. My machines are set up in the room right at the front of our house. First delivery was a young guy, he just points at Led Zeppelin and says, oh man, I like that one. Second was an older guy, he just says, whoa, I didn’t know there was a Led Zeppelin pinball machine, bad ass!

It definitely gets noticed!

#6240 2 years ago

Now I know it’s nowhere near some of the high scores I’ve seen on here, but… I just got to Mothership Multiball for the first time!

My previous high score was 450million. And, this was the game immediately after I’d gotten my fourth highest score on my Star Wars!

Man, I LOVE this game!
347EA686-A797-449F-99CC-497C6147B67D (resized).jpeg347EA686-A797-449F-99CC-497C6147B67D (resized).jpegC8C01E73-542B-4D2C-A6E5-900CDD24417B (resized).jpegC8C01E73-542B-4D2C-A6E5-900CDD24417B (resized).jpeg

#6247 2 years ago
Quoted from aaronjmill:

I'm going to assume everyone thinks this is a dumb idea.

I don’t think it’s a dumb idea. It’s a really satisfying shot when you make it. I’m just not proficient enough to provide any input on making it happen.

#6291 2 years ago

Hey everyone. I’ve sent out that EM adjustment pdf to everyone who has asked for it (about 10 of you). One person mentioned not receiving it but then finding it in their junk mail, so if you sent me your email and haven’t seen it check there. Hope it helps! Wish Stern had a page on their website where we could download all of these install guides.

#6325 2 years ago
Quoted from ksmmspt:

Hello group, Got an issue on our premium where the game looses track of the ball when the electric magic lowers with a ball locked. It eventually has to do a ball search and raise the EM releasing the ball. I've noticed that when the ball locks and starts to lower, the ball moves a bit I'm guessing out of view of the optos. A gentle forward-back nudging helps to locate the ball before the ball search kicks in. Any ideas on how to keep the ball locked in place during the descension of the EM? Thanks....this is very frustrating!

It’s a known issue. Mine did it early on but hasn’t for a while now. As you said, a little nudge usually resolves it.

#6337 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Getting my grandkids into pins is exactly why I like the toppers and setting up my room
[quoted image]

“When did you start playing pinball”?

“Man, I’ve been playing pinball since I was in diapers!”

Too cool!

#6371 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Love the rules on this game, and the shots feel better and better the more I play.

Couldn't possibly agree more!

#6373 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has anyone else tried this ? Its not like a oil ,it’s more like a film you can barely see, almost like a wax .Lightly rubbed on the 2 ramp peaks ,ramps ,and ball guides to hot shot and tour lock.Its made an incredible difference in gameplay .Night and day difference .Most or all your rattlers will finish off .Just throwing it out there .
[quoted image]

As what I would consider a somewhat novice pinball owner, maybe this would be considered a non-issue. However my concern with something like that would be film or grease or whatever it might be collecting on my balls (yes, I chuckled while typing that). Dirty balls can damage your playfield, am I right? If that's not a concern I can see how a product like that could be beneficial in keeping things loose and fast.

1 week later
#6440 2 years ago

I’m about to admit to some of my failings as an adult human being, things I’m not particularly proud of.

First, I procrastinate. Second, if something is well enough I generally leave it alone. I don’t particularly like tweaking with things, especially things I just want to enjoy in the here and now.

So…. my machine has rattled from some of the sounds and the bass from my subwoofer since the beginning. I just dealt with it because I know it’s not hurting anything and I’d rather just play the game than mess with it. But it’s finally getting on my nerves.

It seems it’s the playfield glass vibrating against something (the rails holding it in I guess). Anyone have any experience with this issue and know a solution? I attempted to put sticky felt on the ends of the glass but that just made for a tight squeeze, some of it came off when putting it back in, and it didn’t seem to have any effect anyhow.

3 weeks later
#6593 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Listening to Meny on TPN yesterday he indicated that LZ would see a jump in value in 2022. I am thinking he may have heard from Stern that they could stop running them altogether. I LOVE my premium. Tell your friends to go scoop up the remaining premiums now as they are well priced.

I don't know much about anything, but I've had a sneaking suspicion that this would be the case for a while. I think LZ unfairly received a weak reception (barren playfield, unfair comparison to JJP GNR). I figured that demand would end up being low and this would cause a limited number of machines to be built, effectively driving up the price once people discovered this game and gave it a fair chance. LZ for me is a game that gets better the more I play it, the more I get the shots down, and become familiar with the rules.

It'll be nice to have a machine worth more than I paid for it, but it won't matter as there's no chance in hell I'm selling mine!

2 weeks later
#6666 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Haha I lead a boring life my friend.

Glad I'm not the only one!

1 week later
#6745 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

My spinner will not stop flying out of my location game. I have the new spinner mech with the wider ears. Has anybody tried leaving one side with the old style mech to see if it solves the problem?

I was having that problem myself for a while. As It required leveling the mechanism as close to perfect as possible. Once that was done (knock on wood) a couple months ago, my spinner has stayed on there without fail.

I have a document from Stern that specifically details how to properly level the mechanism. If you send me a PM with your email address I’ll shoot you the pdf document.

2 weeks later
#6863 2 years ago

Got the email and first thought was, Who’s gonna be the Guinea pig???

I’m still on the code mine shipped with, think it’s 1.0

#6865 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Man, 1.04 was a HUGE update. You're missing out!

I thought Frenzy seizure mode was done with 1.04 though?

1 week later
#6972 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I think I am the exception, I actually enjoy my LZ Premium more than my IM Pro. Must be the music. Just seems to flow a lot better with the game play.

I’ve played IM a few times at shows and on location. Honestly I’ve never understood the big deal about it. The shots seemed to me a bit too easy and direct to their targets. But that could just be me.

4 weeks later
#7161 2 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Can someone tell me how the Electric Magic should be leveled? I leveled it in the up position, but after I lock a ball in it, it grabs the ball with the magnet, goes down, comes back up, and then releases the ball and tells me to shoot the left scoop to release it.

If you want to send me a PM with your email address I can send you a document I received from Stern on how to properly level the EM mechanism. I’ve shared it with many others on this thread already.

The problem you’re having though sounds to me likely the bug on the code that was just before the current one (I can’t recall which rev we’re up to now). Are you running the latest code?

#7167 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

You can attached PDF files to pinside threads if you want to do that. In the add images drop down box you can select pdf/gif.

Alright, let's see if this works. I didn't see an option for pdf/gif, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, rather I just dragged the file as suggested...

Electro Magic Adjustment.pdfElectro Magic Adjustment.pdf
1 week later
#7205 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

I don't own an LZ yet, but for me the difference is the ramp from the upper flipper. I think I could live without EM.
Just wanted to re-ask my question from a few posts back....Is it a safe bet that I will like LZ Prem if I love Star Wars?
Thanks

Well, I have a Star Wars and love it, and I love my Zeppelin premium even more! Honestly, more often than not, if I’m just turning one game on to play it’s Zeppelin. When people come over it’s the game that gets played the most.

I saw your comments about JP and it’s funny, because while I do love that game, I too feel totally confused by the rules and what strategy I should be going for, it does kinda hurt the overall enjoyment a bit. It’s also hard to tell people who don’t know how to play it what they should be shooting for. Now that I say it out loud, I think that’s why guests always like LZ so much, it’s as simple as rocking to the music, trying to keep the ball in play, and hitting those satisfying ramps! Oh, and if you’re a fan of multiball you’ll get a lot more of those on LZ, more than SW and JP. But not too many like GnR.

#7207 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Now, to see if I can trade my ridiculously modded JP Pro for an LZ Prem.

Good luck! Keep us posted. As others have said, LZ is a game that is a much better experience with premium or LE features.

#7249 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I am in the reverse situation of you. I own an LZ premium. I have an opportunity to trade my Mando premium for a Star Wars premium. I have discovered I enjoy richies games. I haven’t played a SW premium but I have played a pro. I enjoyed it but was wondering if I would enjoy a premium over my mando. After seeing all these posts about both games I think I am gonna pull the trigger.

Am I the only one out there who has played Mando several times and just been totally meh about it? Can’t get into the game, nothing particularly interesting. The “upper playfield” extra flipper thing, whatever you call it is just the lamest feature.

2 months later
#7611 2 years ago
Quoted from Jrl80:

nocreditdot Hi Mike! it isn’t from him. But I did see that post recently. I posted a wanted ad for one and someone reached out to me. He Offered it to me before posting for sale. I believe it’s a newer run within the last year. Hopefully no EM issues. What was the date of the first run stern updated it? Looking forward to the road trip with my buddy. Haven’t had an adventure like this in quite some time. I’ll definitely post pictures of it all set up Sunday night. Stay tuned

I got my LZ Premium April of last year, with a build date of that same month. My machine had the "newer" EM mech, and I think it was on the cusp of when they first started with that fix. So if yours was built around that time or since then I'd guess you should be good as far as that is concerned.

2 weeks later
#7679 1 year ago

Looking for some help please.

After not being an issue for several months, my Electric Magic is giving me problems again.

A few games ago I'd gotten EM multi ball and it raised up, when the mode was finished it attempted to go back down under the playfield and something wasn't happy and it kept going up and down, up and down, until it just stayed up. After that game it seemed like it was happy again as I played a couple games with it acting normal. Now the last game I played it did the same up and down thing and then came to rest in a position halfway.

I've entered diagnostics, and have gone to electric magic motor test. I'm trying to move it to switch 70 or 71, but when I go back and forth on the red buttons nothing happens. I'm not an expert on these types of things, so any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

#7681 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Door interlock switch. Pull it out.

Okay, thank you. I just figured out that's why it wasn't letting me do anything. Now I can get the mech to move, but when it tries to go down to the flush position it stops short of doing it and just does the up and down thing. Says to check switch 71, but I don't really know what that means or how to do it. I've got my nut driver and screw driver to make the adjustment, and I can kinda figure out how to adjust so that it sits flush, but can't figure out what's stopping it from going all the way down or how to fix it.

Never mind, figured it out. Needed to adjust the plastic piece again. Strange how it was all good and then reverted back to having a problem.

#7683 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

I'm at about 1200 games on our premium. I also have to periodically align the top cover as well. If it feels resistance going down, it will just raise back up again. I suppose it's somewhat normal to have to tweak it once in a while as it's being bombarded by steel balls!

Fair enough, it is a lot to ask.

Just chalk this up towards a tiny bit more confidence in working on my machines. Happy that I got over my fear of "making it worse by trying to fix it", and went ahead and got the tools out and took the glass off and went for it. Now that I've done it once I can do it again if need be. Also gave me the opportunity to check on the 1 ¾" rubber at the ZEP target bank. Holy moly, that thing was on life support! Just a thread holding it together, glad I'd ordered a couple replacements already.

#7738 1 year ago

In true Shit Thunder fashion!

#7755 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This message should be in the topic index for getting the topper to work properly. Thanks for posting this!
Game is almost complete![quoted image]

Okay, I’m normally not a fan of powder coating. But…. that looks SICK! What do we call that one in the event I want to copy your good taste?

2 weeks later
#7789 1 year ago

I’m a fan of the Big Ben mod.

2 months later
#8051 1 year ago

Just saw a bunch of activity on this thread and it reminded me how much I miss my Led Zeppelin! I’ve got a buddy in my local pinball league who really wanted to do a temporary trade as no one else in our group has an LZ premium. He also hosts league so I guess it’s cool that other folks are getting exposed to this severely underrated game. But damn it if I don’t miss my game!!!

Wife and I watched Rick and Morty finally 18 month or so ago and immediately my thought was, I gotta get a Rick and Morty pinball machine!!! So when my league buddy offered to trade any of his games for my LZ I immediately said R&M. So I’ve had his R&M for about four weeks now while he’s had my LZ. Takeaway is that he did me a huge favor, 1. Made me realize that I loved my LZ even more than I thought I did. 2. Made me not want to dump a bunch of money on an R&M!

Your mileage may vary…

4 months later
#8518 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I feel like some nights I hit almost every ramp and other nights I can't hit anything. It's easily the hardest game I have but it does keep me coming back.

Dude, you have a JP in your collection. To me that’s 1,000 times more difficult than Zeppelin!

#8520 1 year ago

My new homemade/cheapskate topper…

DB343014-293E-497C-BBFC-C981868B43DB (resized).jpegDB343014-293E-497C-BBFC-C981868B43DB (resized).jpegF2000D5C-14B8-4CA1-83B0-7E31C35A35DA (resized).jpegF2000D5C-14B8-4CA1-83B0-7E31C35A35DA (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#8994 9 months ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Rush is great, had a pre for a few months and wouldn't mind it back at all if I had space. Code is more interesting than Zep, though I wouldn't say it's better. Zep is a real shooters game. Code reminds me of an 80s single level, but with ramps and flow. Probat my favorite thing about it. Rush feels more like every other mode based game of the last 10 years, but it's one of the better ones.

Totally agree with this comparison. Had a Rush for a while and enjoyed it, super fun game. But compared to a lot of other options out there Rush felt super easy. LZ is not easy, if you miss your shots it will punish you. And agree that it feels like a throwback game.

1 month later
#9043 7 months ago

Seeing as how there's been some new discussion in this thread I'm going to throw out a question that I've been meaning to ask for a while.

I'll be hosting a week of our league this upcoming season and would like to include Led Zeppelin in the games played. Only issue that I see coming up though is the known issue that does happen to me about 25% of the time, the issue when locking in electric magic and the ball not being recognized unless you give the machine that nudge (I've heard that maybe it's the way the ball is caught and the opto not seeing it). I'd hate to have this be an issue where it would go into ball search and mess up someone's game. I think you all should know what I am referring to and I'm just not good at describing it. Anyhow, assuming you do know what I am talking about, has anyone come up with a solid fix for this by now, or is the nudge of the cabinet the only fix for this issue?

1 month later
#9180 5 months ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Just received my premium.
I didn't think it would have insider but the label on box says otherwise.
Gonna have fun setting this fucker up. My armor from cointaker and new rubbers from pinball life arrived this morning.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

2 months later
#9399 3 months ago

Welcome to the club! What’s your second machine gonna be???

2 weeks later
#9460 76 days ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

Just wanted to share a video with you guys. We installed the Hermit Ramp Mod from Interactive Pinball Mods on my my buddy's Led Zeppelin Pro this past weekend and I have to say I am really impressed. I have to order mine soon as it made the Pro that much more fun instead of just shooting into the dead end stand up target but thought you guys might like to see it. I posted it on my YouTube channel to help on the install

Man, I was really hoping Jim was gonna make it on the first shot!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

5,699 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

4,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 65.99
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lemansfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread?tu=lemansfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.