(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,339 posts
  • 1,410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by vikingerik
  • Topic is favorited by 768 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 427.
#17751 8 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

For those with older builds from 2019/2020, you can run any version of gamecode you like. For newer builds from about 2021, you need to be careful. The newer node boards (shipped in many newer builds) may be bricked (yes, really) if you load OLDER microcode on them. (Microcode is embedded in the gamecode image). Best to confirm which color node boards you have before you start loading old code on your machines.... Its an expensive mistake to have to buy all new node boards...
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Stern-NodeBoardUpdate.pdf

Guessing you will void any warrenty you have as well....

#17752 8 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

The difference here is your buddy probably isn't buying brand new cars and art and banking on them being rare. Some people like to speculate, and thats fine, but speculation is just that, speculation. Most of the collectors in any hobby knows what things are rare and limited because enough time has passed.

It always cracks me up on shows I've seen when people purchase the "limited edition" or "special edition" of something, hold onto it for 20-30 years, and then when they get it appraised it doesn't really have that much value because of the hundreds or even thousands that were purchased at the time of production, and most are still in existence since everyone held onto the items thinking they would be worth a small fortune in the future.

#17753 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Guessing you will void any warrenty you have as well....

I am pretty sure Stern won't Warranty bricked node boards. I am guessing it's in their fine print somewhere that machines can only be used with gamecode equal or later than that which was shipped with the machine originally.

#17754 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It always cracks me up on shows I've seen when people purchase the "limited edition" or "special edition" of something, hold onto it for 20-30 years, and then when they get it appraised it doesn't really have that much value because of the hundreds or even thousands that were purchased at the time of production, and most are still in existence since everyone held onto the items thinking they would be worth a small fortune in the future.

Oh man me too, it got really crazy in like the 90s and continues on today. What do you mean my holofoil spiderman comic is only worth 2 dollars!?

#17755 8 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Oh man me too, it got really crazy in like the 90s and continues on today. What do you mean my holofoil spiderman comic is only worth 2 dollars!?

Beanie babies... Cabbage Patch Dolls...

#17756 8 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I've been trying to trade in my "old" green LE for the "new" red one. Its proving to be a lot harder than i thought.
I know, shocking.......
Should it be accomplished, I look forward to the challenge of trading in the red one for the next round of 500 limited editions in another color.

Funniest post I've read in a while.

#17757 8 months ago

I just get the feeling all LE's have been compromised now. Godzilla, Deadpool, ghostbusters, Stranger things, Met or anything that has valve we know there will always be an anniversary Birthday or blue light special or some reason to pump out more LE's. I know it has been done in the past it is just now I feel there is know limit or anything goes.

#17758 8 months ago
Quoted from ripit:

I just get the feeling all LE's have been compromised now. Godzilla, Deadpool, ghostbusters, Stranger things, Met or anything that has valve we know there will always be an anniversary Birthday or blue light special or some reason to pump out more LE's. I know it has been done in the past it is just now I feel there is know limit or anything goes.

A new era of multiple LE levels has started.
Funding member LE. Anniversary Le. Bologna Le.

#17759 8 months ago
Quoted from ripit:

So the solution is to literally NOT buy into that and just buy machines to play them and not as investments. Problem solved.

#17760 8 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

New code![quoted image]

time to say goodbye to my movie code, I guess!

#17761 8 months ago

Beanie babies... Cabbage Patch Dolls...

I understand what you're saying with these but its not quite the same as what me and Mr. Tantrum are talking about. We're talking about the countless amount of junk that was marked as "limited edition", "collectors edition", ect that will never actually be rare or collectible.

#17762 8 months ago

is there a list yet of what the 1.10 code changes?

#17763 8 months ago

They have the stream scheduled on YouTube. See pic below.

IMG_3864 (resized).jpegIMG_3864 (resized).jpeg
#17764 8 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

They have the stream scheduled on YouTube. See pic below.
[quoted image]

Thanks! Wasn't up earlier. 3 more hours. Hopefully code is released tonight also

#17765 8 months ago

6pm Central if someone wants to get the actual time.

#17766 8 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Thanks! Wasn't up earlier. 3 more hours. Hopefully code is released tonight also

IMG_2966 (resized).jpegIMG_2966 (resized).jpeg
#17767 8 months ago
Quoted from ripit:

I am probably ok with my Munsters

#17768 8 months ago

Didn’t JJP do this with WOZ and Hobbit. New limited editions shouldn’t surprise anyone.

#17769 8 months ago

Since I’m
New to this. When this code is out does that mean it changed the whole game play, lcd video etc?

#17770 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Since I’m
New to this. When this code is out does that mean it changed the whole game play, lcd video etc?

Yes. The entire game will be completely different.

#17771 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Since I’m

No it’ll be the same except for the new rules.

#17772 8 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I would saying buying and selling pins every 6-12 months is bad advice.

I'm not giving anyone advice on how often they should buy and sell pins. In fact, I said:

Quoted from arcyallen:

But if you're one of the few who buy and truly never will resell pins, congrats!

I said keeping pins for 6-12 months is what -I- do. I like to rotate my pins out. After 200-1000 games, I'm ready for something different.

Quoted from Haymaker:

The thing you are doing makes sense nowhere, and its your own fault for thinking the ability to to that was forever and not temporary.

I can, indeed, buy and sell pins every 6-12 months forever. It's weird you'd think I couldn't.

Quoted from Haymaker:

For the history of pinball machines games lost tons of value on the secondary market except for this relatively short blip on the radar.

That's true. I agree 100%. What have I said to make you think I so strongly disagree?

Quoted from Haymaker:

Anyway, do you see what I'm getting at here?

Um, no. I think you've made some incorrect assumptions. Or confused me with someone who complains when they sell a pin and lose money - I expect that could happen on every pin I buy.

#17773 8 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I understand what you're saying with these but its not quite the same as what me and Mr. Tantrum are talking about. We're talking about the countless amount of junk that was marked as "limited edition", "collectors edition", ect that will never actually be rare or collectible.

You are cirrect. I was expanding the discussion just a bit to draw analogies to all facets of life which generate the hysteria of a 'collectible' status, only to usually fade over time. Pinball follows the same path...

#17774 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Be nice, Levi.

#17775 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Levi …

#17776 8 months ago

You are cirrect. I was expanding the discussion just a bit to draw analogies to all facets of life which generate the hysteria of a 'collectible' status, only to usually fade over time. Pinball follows the same path...

Let’s talk about this in depth

#17777 8 months ago

Anyone that is getting the 30th Anniversary edition and wants a matching pinball banner, have the design already to go PM me if interested. 24 x 62 inches (standard size). Will be $120US with free shipping.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17778 8 months ago

That's great timing and looks awesome. I'm going to bet this is a stupid question, but is that licensed?

Quoted from Freeplay69:

Anyone that is getting the 30th Anniversary edition and wants a matching pinball banner, have the design already to go PM me if interested. 24 x 62 inches (standard size). Will be $120US with free shipping. [quoted image][quoted image]

#17779 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Since I’m

It’s unlikely to change the regular Jurassic Park gameplay. Typically, updated code adds some features and/or fixes some remaining bugs in the code or rules. On Stern’s website you can find a change log that details what the new code adds, fixes or changes. The new code hasn’t been released to the public yet, so there is no updated info on the website. When it happens (tonight, during/after reveal stream?) you’ll find it at the bottom of the Stern/Jurassic Park page under the “Game Code” tab - look here: https://sternpinball.com/game/jurassic-park/. Most game owners have their games connected to the internet via wi-if and have their game code set to automatically update when new code is introduced. You can also download the code to an SD card and install it in your game manually.

Newer games that haven’t had their code completed can see massive changes in gameplay and available modes, Multiballs, etc. with every code update. As an example, new code updates for Bond have added whole sections of the game that the designer had planned but Stern was not finished (or likely had even started!) coding when the game was released. This is a controversial practice that some Pinsiders really, really dislike. The games do get better but Bond was, objectively, wildly under-coded at release. JP is years old and had everything coded as Elwin and the Stern team envisioned. This will be a fun, but minor update with the additional game play modes being the star attraction, I’d imagine.

With the new game code, Stern is adding an undisclosed amount of new content/rules/assets including some additional game play modes that are very popular on other modern Sterns like Co-op. Whispers of some smaller in-game changes like a Nedry Outland save? There will likely be some updates to the rules and on-screen assets to reflect the new changes and lean in to the whole 30th Anniversary deal.

Presumably the Nedry “Ah ah ah” taunt will still be there and still be SO annoying.

Levi was teasing you because the essential game play and the playfield itself will be unchanged. That’s, umm, harder for Stern to change at this point.

#17780 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

That's great timing and looks awesome. I'm going to bet this is a stupid question, but is that licensed?

I’ve always been told there is no such thing as a stupid question… but…

#17781 8 months ago

LOL

Quoted from roar:

#17782 8 months ago

For those with older builds from 2019/2020, you can run any version of gamecode you like. For newer builds from about 2021, you need to be careful. The newer node boards (shipped in many newer builds) may be bricked (yes, really) if you load OLDER microcode on them. (Microcode is embedded in the gamecode image). Best to confirm which color node boards you have before you start loading old code on your machines.... Its an expensive mistake to have to buy all new node boards...
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Stern-NodeBoardUpdate.pdf

I’ve been reading this thread weekly for two years almost and haven’t read one account of a verified bricked machine- only warnings. Stern bricking machines intentionally or unintentionally would not help them in the slightest; it would instead deter pinball buyers.

I’m not sure I agree with this scary precaution. please let me/us know if you do know of any confirmed bricked machine scenarios.

#17783 8 months ago
Quoted from roar:

Hundred percent sure that it's not. Wait for that cease and desist letter.

#17784 8 months ago
Quoted from Kaijumke:

I’ve been reading this thread weekly for two years almost and haven’t read one account of a verified bricked machine- only warnings. Stern bricking machines intentionally or unintentionally would not help them in the slightest; it would instead deter pinball buyers.
I’m not sure I agree with this scary precaution. please let me/us know if you do know of any confirmed bricked machine scenarios.

I know "bricked" is a big term, and lots of comments about what Stern *could* intentionally do, but the node board bricking issue is not a choice kind of thing that evil Stern would do, but is a very real possibility that has been reported in these threads due to microcode. It is a microcode issue, not a game code or licensing infrigement issue. Bricking a node board has to do with the microcode that gets loaded periodically not being compatible with the new node board chips used in manufacturing during the supply chain shortages. (Most versions of GameCode will reference the microcode version inside the release notes. For instance, JP V1.05 game/movie code includes the words: "Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v0.80.0", while the most recent gamecode 1.08 has the words "Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.5.0". This microcode firmware is the bugger. Flash the chip with the wrong microcode and it is quite possible (and reported a year or more ago) to damage the communication protocol and hence the node board permanently since you can no longer re-flash the proper microcode.

Each owner can do as they like, but if I had a machine with the newer GREEN node boards, I would NOT downgrade the gamecode to any version of code earlier than that which was shipped.... but that is just me.

#17785 8 months ago

Where can we watch the stream ? Twitch ? YouTube ?

#17786 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

If it was, it be $300US

#17787 8 months ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm not giving anyone advice on how often they should buy and sell pins. In fact, I said:

I said keeping pins for 6-12 months is what -I- do. I like to rotate my pins out. After 200-1000 games, I'm ready for something different.

I can, indeed, buy and sell pins every 6-12 months forever. It's weird you'd think I couldn't.

That's true. I agree 100%. What have I said to make you think I so strongly disagree?

Um, no. I think you've made some incorrect assumptions. Or confused me with someone who complains when they sell a pin and lose money - I expect that could happen on every pin I buy.

I think you're just misrepresenting everything I said lol. I am sure you have the ability to buy and sell as many games as you want. Just as there's plenty of people who can buy and sell cars as much as they want (to use your example). That doesn't mean it's good advice.

Quoted from Haymaker:

This shouldn't be a concern ever. Don't buy an LE or any game if you're worried about the value decreasing. Is it preferable if it doesn't decrease? Of course, but these things aren't investments and you have nobody but yourself to blame if you ever thought otherwise.

You were the one that took my original comment and said it was bad advice. If you are stuck in some delusional world where you think it's normal to buy and sell that many games and land somewhere between Barely losing money, breaking even, or making money then I feel sorry for you. Otherwise, I'm glad you agree with me and what I gave was actually good advice.

#17788 8 months ago

Code is live

#17789 8 months ago
PXL_20230818_231105116 (resized).jpgPXL_20230818_231105116 (resized).jpg
#17791 8 months ago

boom - new code for all (posting Premium version):

V1.10.0 - August 18th, 2023
===========================
- Game Modes - New modes have been added to the Game Mode menu.
- Game Modes - Press and hold both flipper buttons in Attract Mode to access the Game Mode menu.
- Cooperative Mode - Added to the Game Mode menu.
- All four players play together sharing game progress and score.
- Team Play 2v2 - Added to the Game Mode menu.
- Players 1 and 3 are on the Blue Team.
- Players 2 and 4 are on the Red Team.
- Players on the same team share progress and contribute to team scores.
- Team Play 3v1 - Added to the Game Mode menu.
- Players 1, 2 and 3 are on the Blue Team.
- Player 4 is on the Red Team.
- Team Play 2v1 - Added to the Game Mode menu.
- Players 1 and 2 are on the Blue Team.
- Player 3 is on the Red Team.
- Shared Progress - In Co-op and Team Play modes the following progress is shared between players on the same team:
- Map Paddock location
- Helicopter Paddock Boost Value
- Dinos Captured
- Rescues
- Rescue Streaks
- Amber Value
- Fossils
- DNA Combos
- Control Room completions
- T-Rex Event completions (besides Feed T-Rex and T-Rex Multiball)
- Raptor Towers
- Trifectas
- Pteranodon Attack X
- Wizard Mode lighting status (all players can play wizards once lit)
- Map - Added Red / Blue team icons to Jurassic Park map for team games.
- Game Over Screen - Added Red / Blue team layouts with team score summary for team games.
- Nedry - Nedry Save added:
- When Nedry lights now a 'System Malfunction' returns the ball back to you.
- 'Lite 2X Scoring' target hits accumulate to light Nedry at thresholds of 3, 15 and 30
- When Nedry is lit target countup pauses until it is unlit.
- Old Nedry outlane scoring rules still in effect but Nedry insert is no longer lit.
- Trifecta - New award added if you collect a dinosaur, fossil, and DNA combo from the same dinosaur, bonus for also completing Perfect Paddock.
- Smart Missile - Award option changes:
- Add "LIGHT OUTLANES" choice that replaces "COMPLETE CHAOS" as the first choice.
- If both of the outlanes are already lit the first choice is "SUPER SUPPLY DROP".
- The 5th choice is still "INVALID FRENZY" but when that is used up or not available it will change to "COMPLETE CHAOS".
- Adding a delay and speech for first Smart Missile activation to remind player to "use Action Button to select award".
- Fixed an issue where 'Invalid Frenzy' and 'Raptor Multiball' could be stacked with Visitor Center.
- Control Room - Virus Attack updates:
- Each shot adds its value to the control room.
- The rest of the blue shots stay lit allowing you to hit multiple of them.
- Control room shot collects current control room value and relights all blue shots.
- Blue shots score 3M, 4M, then 5M for each wave.
- Control room value doesn't reset between waves, and starts at 10M.
- Control room shot arrow now lights up red.
- Control Room - Restore Power updates:
- Each shot now is multiplied by the number of shots you hit.
- This doesn't count the first spinner shot.
- Spinner build shot changed from 100K to 50K.
- Removed finishing bonus of 20M.
- Control Room - Fixed an issue where shooting a lit Control Room when a Tilt Warning is up would auto select 'Virus Attack'.
- Pteranodon Attack - Pteranodon X value is reset when running and ball drains.
- Chaos Multiball - The Truck can now collect Chaos Letter Jackpots if they are lit at the Amber Target.
- Amber Value - Amber X awards for completing paddocks all increased by 2x.
- Amber X award is increased by 1x if you perfect paddock before capturing the dinosaur.
- Ultra Super Skillshot - Achieving this skillshot now lights escape in the outlane.
- Visitor Center - Fixed grace period shots restoring progress towards cold storage correctly.
- High Score Tables - Added the following:
- 2 Player Cooperative / Team Scores (the Top 5 Two Player groups / teams)
- 3 Player Cooperative / Team Scores (the Top 5 Three Player groups / teams)
- 4 Player Cooperative Scores (the Top 5 Four Player groups)
- Trifecta Champion
- Sound Effects - Many sound effects have been added, updated, and volumes tweaked.
- Speech - Over 100 new speech callouts have been added.
- Raptor Gate Motor - Upgraded motor driver code to fix issues with gate being positioned halfway up / down occasionally.
- Fixed an issue where Left Flipper + Start Button end game would leave locked balls in the Raptor Pen.
- Competition Mode - When this Standard Adjustment is set the 'Standard' game mode will not be available from the game mode menu.
- Tech Alerts - Fixed issue with tech alerts were falsely being reported when challenge modes were played.
- Boot Screen - Fixed issues with game name text going off the edge of the screen for JP30th games.
- Light Names - Changed a few light names to match the text on the inserts to avoid confusion.

- Adjustment Changes:
- removed "SECRET SKILLSHOTS" - Secret skillshots are now always on.
- "STATIC BACKBOX GI" - Now when this is enabled the game honors it and leaves the backbox lights alone.

- System - Updated to V3.46.0 on OS: V2.7.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.11.0

- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

#17792 8 months ago

Mother of god updates. Please rerun every LE if this the result!

#17793 8 months ago

That's a bunch. Assume were on our way to playing cooperatively across the internet.

#17794 8 months ago

Fun fact, about 2min before mine said it had updated code available I got a mystery raptor motor error that I've never seen, almost like it preloaded some of the update or something..... Assume it'll be gone after the update finishes.

#17795 8 months ago

Done.

PXL_20230818_233613831.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230818_233613831.MP (resized).jpg
#17796 8 months ago

Notice that they ALSO release a V1.09 on Tuesday.. but never released it ...

V1.09.0 - August 15th, 2023
===========================
- Jurassic Park: 30th Anniversary Edition LE support added
- Boot Screen - Added JP30th themed boot screen for JP30 games.

- System - Updated to V3.45.0 on OS: V2.7.0

- Updated to nodeboard firmware/protocol v1.10.0

- Conagent v1.0.12

- Added Verified Location with checkmark when appropriate to attract mode Coin and Login screens.

- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

#17797 8 months ago

Are there different codes for pro vs premium?

#17798 8 months ago

It quacked at me like a dying goose when it rebooted.

#17799 8 months ago
PXL_20230818_233736119 (resized).jpgPXL_20230818_233736119 (resized).jpg
#17800 8 months ago

Love the new Nedry save, but I am not sure if it’s enough to ditch the movie code

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wellington, FL
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

There are 21,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 356 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/356?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.