(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,324 posts
  • 1,409 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 minutes ago by BrokenChair
  • Topic is favorited by 766 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (4 years ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (4 years ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (4 years ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by CoolCatPinball (4 years ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (4 years ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (4 years ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (4 years ago)

Post #5270 make the jeep work well Posted by CoolCatPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Do you know if Player one is bring a JP to the CNE?

There will be one there!

#151 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Just an FYI to all, as long as you have a smartphone you can walk into any bestbuy, Bluetooth to a premium photo printer and print it on photo paper. Did it for Simpson’s and it looks fantastic. No need for lamination.

Buy a $6,000 toy and try to skip out on a $1 print by using a demo printer at BestBuy? Or does BestBuy offer a pay per print service I’m unaware of?

7 months later
#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Just picked up a premium yesterday! Now to learn some rules. Love the shots, sounds, action. Great game.

My pro is two weeks old and I'm just starting to layer in some strategy myself... wiki is a good resource for sure:

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet-wip/5644

1 week later
#4442 4 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Hey guys,
Been combing through gameplay videos to try and answer my own question but haven't turned anything useful up. On a soft plunge, is the ball supposed to bounce off the rubber beneath the helicopter and go straight into the left slingshot or do I need to adjust something? It does this 100% of the time on soft plunges and helipad shots that don't make it all the way up. Punishing the whiffed shot makes sense, but I don't see how half the secret skillshots are possible if it's intentional. As you can see, the rubber definitely sticks out way past the lane guide.[quoted image]

Mine does't bounce to the left sling, it bounces to about the middle of the left flipper for an easy catch.

1 week later
#4551 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The C shot is still much easier to me than the piston shot in Metallica or the lower spinner in Maiden.

Great comparison now that you mention it and agreed... though maybe I just shoot the C way more than the piston so it just seems that way?

#4552 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

No it shouldn't have been a wide body. It's a great, challenging layout...not a clunkfest!
Have you made sure the ball guide is aligned properly with the upper right flipper? I have 2 and BOTH weren't aligned properly (resulting in very clunky play). Many others have dealt this this as well (check the threads for details).
From my perspective, the ONLY really tough tight shot is the "O" shot. "C" and "S" are tough shots, but not because they are tight...

Only thing I found clunky on mine was the ball rolling out of the right ramp would rattle around and hop on to the flipper making the tower shot incredibly hard to make coming out of that ramp. I was able to tweak/torque the ramp to get it to roll smoothly and now every time I miss the Tower shot it is entirely because I suck .

Agreed that the "C" and "S" shots are tough but not tight, that bloody "O" shot seems super tight though... still haven't made that shot coming off the double super skill shot... one day.

1 week later
#4689 4 years ago

If the pro would allow you to skip the T-Rex multi-ball annimation then I'd say Pro all day long... but since it holds the ball for what I suspect is as long as it takes for the dinosaur to eat the ball and throw it back you aren't missing much flow by going premium. Maybe there is a setting I can disable to turn off the up-post at the start T-Tex multi-ball.

Much like the sarcophagus in IMDN on the premium, it was fun for the first little while of ownership but now I wish it would just put the ball back in play so I could keep playing. Quit holding on to my balls!

#4696 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Have you tried hitting both flippers while it's holding the ball? On my premium any time a ball is being held by a post all I have to do is hit both flippers to have it released early.

Works for the paddock selection, kind of, I'd like it to kill the post altogether before the ball get's to the post... but on T-Rex all the mashing of both buttons won't kill that animation or get the post down.

3 weeks later
#4940 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I joined the club!
Decided to go with the Pro model. I was on the fence for months trying to decide between the Pro and LE model and after reading all of the discussions about Premium/LE issues,etc. it pushed me towards a Pro. I really do not miss the moving T-Rex and the raptor gate is cool on Premium/LE but feel I am not missing much without it. This game is a masterpiece when it comes to layout and flow. So many great shots that are as smooth as butter. Also the sound and music quality is excellent, it is the best sound package since Star Wars. I am loving JP Pro!

I've owned the pro for coming up on 2 months now and to be honest I'm missing the moving T-Rex... the pro won't let you skip the animation that I assume is accounting for the T-Rex movement unless you've got that paired with a paddock... otherwise you're stuck watching it every time... if I'm going to watch it I might as well watch the dinosaur throw the ball around. I've also been shooting the Raptor pen for 2 months now and it has to be more fun to bash a gate then shoot the targets. I don't regret my decision one bit but if someone walked a Premium in front of me and asked for $1K-$1.5K(CDN) more than I paid for my pro I'd go Premium... of course that world doesn't exist so Pro it is!

Quoted from zaki:

any jp owners own Metallica too? if so, which do you like better? i started a post and poll a week ago, but it didn't get much repsonse. i want to get jp, but afraid to with the playfield issues i read about. wondering if met. is a better move.

I've owned both, had MET for a year (Which is long for me), more variety in JP, tougher shots... I love inline drops though and the Snake and Sparkey are really fun to shoot. The art is fantastic on MET as well. If I had to make the choice today I'd go JP.

#4950 3 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

A very minor, but honestly refreshing thing I suddenly noticed while playing Jurassic Park yesterday: It doesn't have any kind of shifting lane lights with the flipper buttons. It's not a big deal, but just like video modes to me are a distraction from what pinball is, I kinda feel the same about lane changing, at least now that I noticed how it feels when it's not there.
Given the above, it's no wonder it was voted game of the year!

That's a good observation, surely it can't be the only modern stern to not have that feature. Haven't played IMDN in a while do you switch anything with the flippers on that game? Maybe it's an Elwin thing?

#4972 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

They're going to make more, I checked with Betson and Classicgame rooms, they both have large orders on back order. We'll have to wait till Stern opens back up.

I have no mod's on my JP but think I'd like to add the official Stern one when it comes back in stock. I'm checking regularly.

#4974 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

if you didn't check the latest production of those rods, they are not looking good from stern.
So i wondered if i could build my own. drill 2 holes and take the GI power or something else for the LEDs.

I haven't seen any pictures of them in the wild really, admittedly I I haven't looked though. If you go the DIY route take lots of pictures, I'd like to see how you end up putting it together. HookedOnPinball's shooter rod looks great, I really like how it lights up though with the Stern one.

1 week later
#5068 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

They're going to make more, I checked with Betson and Classicgame rooms, they both have large orders on back order. We'll have to wait till Stern opens back up.

Two showed up on Ebay, one is gone the other is there, but I'm not paying scalpers prices for it.

ebay.com link: Stern JURASSIC PARK SHOOTER KNOB Rare Only a few in stock 502 7101 00

#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Just get this one instead. The bug looks a lot better. Yeah it doesn’t light up, but I’m not sure I want that to light up. I think lighting it up to call attention to it is sorta tacky. https://modfatherpinball.com/collections/jurassic-park-stern/products/jurassic-park-amber-with-mosquito-shooter-stern

I like theirs for sure but I do like the light up part personally, it looks even better lit up.

Quoted from kvan99:

I contacted the classicgamerooms guy and he told me they will ship second week of June....he's got 40 on order, so you should be able to pick one up from him.

I was going to order directly from Stern... or whomever offered the best shipping price to Canada actually.

1 week later
#5177 3 years ago

Gotta be a way to hack that... $600USD is gonna run you pretty much $1000 CND after exchange, tax and shipping.

#5238 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I wonder if it will be possible to just enable the topper in settings (to get the new mode), but not actually have it. I mean, the usual Stern topper connection doesn't allow two-way communication, does it?
I'm a fan of new modes, but not a big fan of toppers. Especially not ones that are a few flat plastics and LED strips for $600.

That is where my head went too... if that communication isn't two way then this should be able to be leveraged to unlock the content ourselves... at the same time though I suspect this will only drive up the price people charge for their aftermarket toppers.

#5282 3 years ago

So... the topper looks cool in the video.

#5297 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Fack the stern shooter rod you can’t get. The Modfather one is awesome
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like it better, but i like it lit up... Come on Modfather, release one lit up

#5367 3 years ago

I didn't know it was between the flippers you measure to, cause at the flippers I get 6.5 middle of the playfield I get 7 and towards the top I get 7.5. Maybe it's science or maybe I need a new level

#5383 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So I'm picking up a HUO JP Prem tomorrow and officially joining the club! Any tips, suggestions, must have mods I need to know about? No, I haven't read this 100+ long page thread yet

Shaker as mentioned would be top of the list... no other mod's needed imo... oh... I did hook my polk psw10 up to it if that counts as a mod... that silly lit up amber shooter rod keeps calling my name!

#5407 3 years ago

And a fair amount of cross-posting too.

#5425 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Haters gonna hate.
I think it looks great.
Overpriced? Yes absolutley but it is nicer than people are giving it credit for.
This is my dream theme and machine, it won't leave this room until I move so screw it I bit the bullet and bought it.
If it were any other game I may not have, and if it makes me "part of the problem" so be it.
I like it.[quoted image]

Looks great... no need to defend yourself from my perspective! Enjoy Goat Multiball!

1 week later
#5602 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks didn't know about that feature! On the pro, does the ball get locked on the control post when you "capture" a raptor? Am i correct in assuming that the premium/le cant access the control room via the pit? If so, is this just the code on the pro being gimmped, or is their a reason the 2x scoring couldn't be mimicked by locking ball on the control room and hitting the raptor targets?

Only momentarily, no new ball is released in the shooter lane. Once the capture the raptor animation ends it releases the ball and you move on to bashing on the fence.

#5612 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I haven't gotten my game yet. Do you guys think this would make a good mod? How much is nedry in the game?
[quoted image]

The Barbasol mode to get really is from flashinstinct

Nedry has a presence in the game for sure, only (human) character from the movie on the playfield. Lot's of sound call outs say his name, has his own outlane, lot's of Nedry love in the game

Sold out already! The bitter person in my thinks a pinball modder bought them all up so they could triple the price, put an L bracket on it and profit... but it is a SDCC exclusive, so it sold out with it's own flipper community and didn't need pinball's help to make a buck.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/MTGVD14R?id=CO-408272913

My third edit: So naturally this is blowing up on EBay, I honestly don't think anyone who bought them from the source had any intention of keeping them, remarkable how many of these are on EBay already. ebay.com link: sch)

#5614 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

For what it's worth, I ordered one with the intention of keeping it. They limited it to one per customer.

That is sweet, glad someone got one that plans on keeping it! That really was just the bitter side of me talking... people can do whatever they want with what they buy more power to them.

#5648 3 years ago

I'd take a skippable T-Rex animation when T-Rex multi-ball starts on a Pro if anyone's listening. Only time you can skip is if you've got a paddock starting at the same time I believe.

Oh... well my impatience is showing, skippable Control Room animations would be nice, I'm selecting Virus Attack, you let me select it before the animation comes up so drop that post and let's get to it!

#5713 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Figured it out. This cable was running through the switch. My bad - when I moved the right outlane post down ( ) the wire must have gotten tangled up.
All is well!
[quoted image]

You are now officially a pinball tech... welcome to the club!

1 week later
#5789 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So who makes the best art blades for this pin?

I like sterns

1 week later
#5927 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've read that the ones they made after the first run are low quality and don't have the right insect, so if you buy one now it's probably not a good one. I can't say for sure though. Some of the third party versions look pretty good.

I’m confused by the right insect comment I keep reading about. I doubt any of the insects are prehistoric that they are putting in them... anyone have side by side comparison of the right one vs the wrong one?

#5990 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe they are raising the gate of the raptor pen to move a raptor from a transport cage to the pen.

I laughed at that animation the other day... that guy is either super jacked or that gate is made of the lightest material in the world... it looks super heavy and he dead lifts it up effortlessly!

#5993 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

at least his form is ok, just look at the original. looks like a machine supported lift.

I was inspired to put the movie and cross reference it... cause, ya, no human is dead lifting that gate! And if they can, then no one should be surprised if raptors were able to escape from it

3 years later
#17543 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Best toy in the business imo. Getting a pro on this game - I’ll just never understand unless you just care about score and nothing else.

If I want to watch a dinosaur eat something and flail its head around I'll put the movie in, if I want to play pinball, I'll play the pro. It was super cool to watch a couple of times, after that, it was just wasting my time. I've got shots to miss and balls to drain, let's get this show on the road! Not sure that will get you any closer to understanding why someone may want the pro over the prem/le, but scores had nothing to do with it for me.

#17547 8 months ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

The waiting is substantially decreased by hitting both flippers when paddock modes start, not sure what version of the code this was introduced but it’s a non issue.
I’ll have to test the trex multiball but I’m pretty sure it’s the same thing, hit both flippers and the multiball will start with the additional balls even while he’s munching. If anything it makes it more interesting.

You're going to pay $6K MORE for a game and then skip the supposed best part of the game? That doesn't seem to make any sense at all to me, if you're into this animated dinosaur why skip watching it? You don't have to answer that .

#17630 8 months ago

Love this inserted ad from Pinside... need some AI in here to read the room... lol Marked up new LE's already. Awesome.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17667 8 months ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

It's not like I really pay close attention to prices. But I don't see this affecting current LE owners much in the long run. It's not the same LE package, it's a different one. Getting on board with anniversaries like this is probably a smart marketing thing. Again, not my area, but I would be thinking they are missing the boat if they didn't.
Hoping for more like this. Especially if it comes with code enhancements for existing owners like this.
Holding out hope for Lord of the Rings 25th anniversary edition. Since I'm dreaming... Imported to Spike 2 (or 3) with movie assets.

Pinside average price for the original LE is $14,340 - $16,660. With the MSRP of this one being $12,999, I think it's safe to assume the original will take a hit now, but like you said, in the long run, hard to say. Anyone who got in on the original MSRP still has done just fine on their, at best, quasi investment.

#17727 8 months ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

I wish I was in the market for a premium right about now. I cannot believe all the ads up on marketplace just so people can obtain the 30th ed.
I think it's cool, but not really sure why so many premium owners want out and get this. Other than the back glass, I honestly think the premium artwork is better. I've been hoping for one of these 3rd party companies make a Rotunda T-Rex translite like Stern just made. Only thing I wish Stern did was remove the raptor from the back glass, when the sign drapes over the T-Rex at the end of the movie that raptor is long gone. Just a pet peeve of mine, It looks great, but if your going to create an iconic image from the movie at least make it movie accurate.

My theory on people "upgrading" their premiums... MSRP on premiums originally was $7,599, they've had their game for 4 years, and now they can sell it for probably more than they paid... that's a win. Maybe they wanted an LE originally but couldn't get one, used ones were selling for well north of $14,000. Now all of sudden they can grab an LE for less than market value? That sounds like a win to them, add those two things together and you've got yourself a win-win situation . This is my theory

#17780 8 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

That's great timing and looks awesome. I'm going to bet this is a stupid question, but is that licensed?

I’ve always been told there is no such thing as a stupid question… but…

1 week later
#18648 7 months ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Did a 12+ trip for a Premium. Sometimes it’s worth doing things yourself
For that above situation, glad it’s FedEx and not some private company that you couldn’t hold liable.

Oh did you make the drive for beltking's in North Canton? I did the math one, was about 11hrs for me, his price was great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park?tu=roar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.