(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By Scribbles

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,181 posts
  • 388 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Scribbles
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 569 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191211_214224 (resized).jpg
20191211_214127 (resized).jpg
IMG_1566 (resized).jpg
IMG_1565 (resized).jpg
IMG_1564 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191209-112944_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191209-112929_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191209-112920_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191209-112914_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191209-112905_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_20191208_004739 (resized).jpg
Gary.png
20191206_150422 (resized).jpg
20191206_150518 (resized).jpg
20191206_001637 (resized).jpg
20191206_001551 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #326 Rules tips and info on some wizard modes Posted by sk8ball (3 months ago)

Post #365 Printable Instruction cards for the pin Posted by PinballZach (3 months ago)

Post #366 The first Full Unboxing Video Posted by ZMeny (3 months ago)

Post #425 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Scribbles (3 months ago)

Post #468 How to qualify control room modes Posted by jonesjb (3 months ago)

Post #2298 Keith Elwin explains JP rules Posted by MRG (50 days ago)

Post #3040 Raptor target not registering or "ghost" registering, possible fix Posted by Jesder (11 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1102 3 months ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Got lucky and found 2 pros on location this weekend...

Darn, been checking the FWPinball site to see if any showed up yet. It isn't listed yet at Summit or Floyds. I know where I'm headed this week!

Thanks for letting the Indiana guys know where some are out in the wild.

#1307 3 months ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Got my pro on Friday! I've been pretty sick, but finally felt good enough to unbox it last night. Noticed no pooling out of box, after about 10 plays i can see pooling on lots of posts. Will get some pics tonight...

Did it come w/washers under the posts?

#1459 3 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

As posted in the Premium/LE thread, the playfield has been modified around the posts in order to limit (perhaps) pooling and chipping :
[quoted image]

Modified from the factory by Stern? If so, in what way? Backing off the clear coat or a change in the post?

#1465 3 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

It's a playfield from a Jurassic Park LE. It's from factory. See, there's no artwork around the posts, the wood is visible.[quoted image]

Can you tell if there's still clearcoat there, or did they back off the clear along with the ink?

#1499 89 days ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello All,
Just picked up a JP Pro. Build Date 9/11. Looks like Pooling issue has been addressed.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is it still clear coated under the post? Looks like it.

Thanks for the pictures.

#1505 89 days ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

It is still Clear Coated where you see natural wood.

That's interesting. Sounds like their issue was ink related and not the clear coat. Unless they also changed the clear coat recipe at the same time.

2 weeks later
#1843 74 days ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

adding a polk sub....are people still alligator clipping to exiting sub or is a method like pinnovaters Stern spike sub board safer?

While at first this might appear to be OK, if the amplifier has a balanced or differential output (and it probably does) - then I would definitely get what's called a 'balun'. I believe most modern pins have this topology. What this means is the '-' (negative) is not at ground potential anymore. So you could potentially be grounding one side of the amp. Not good!

If it's working, then perhaps the sub might have a balun built in. But for next to no money either get pinnovators circuit or get a balun off of Amazon (don't want to steer sales away from Pinnovators, please support them.), and sleep well at night not worrying about it. Adding a balun is the correct method to convert a balanced output (i.e. the amp) to a single ended or unbalanced input (i.e. the sub or a mixer). Balun stands for BALanced to UNbalanced (duh!).

Some of the older pins (i.e. the 90's), one side of the amp's output is grounded (unbalanced or also called single-ended) - a person should be OK doing that with just wires. Of course, it's a high level signal.

Here's a quick SnipIt from a google search that shows the difference, along with what I use. The Amazon one I had to add clips for the internal sub connection and hook up to the sub or mixer using a RCA connector/cable. I even use them on the older pins to prevent a ground loop issues.

I use a cheapie audio mixer and run multiple pins off of a single sub - but I only play one pin at a time. But they are all turned on.

Edit: I do want to add I haven't looked at pinnovators set up - they might be tapping off at a single-ended point. Don't want to mislead anyone that it truly is a balun setup.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1847 74 days ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I don't think it matters how many pins you hook up to a sub through a mixer, within reason. When you listen to music through a sub, you're getting low end information from multiple instruments at the same time.

I initially had 5 pins on one sub and a mixer, only issue was that you could really tell the sub was too far away despite being low frequency and centered under the pins. I had another spare sub, so I just added that to the mixer, and spaced them apart. With two it sounded fine w/respect to not sounding like the sub was too far away.

Got this guy at Sweetwater for about $80 (demo, but spotless). Thought it would be fun to play around w/the special effects. So-so w/respect to the special effects, but it was fun experimenting.

We only play one pin at a time, so can't comment about others playing at the same time. But it sure makes the pins ALOT more fun, doesn't it? A lot of excellent sounds hidden in the pins and they really come to life w/a sub.
pasted_image (resized).png

1 week later
#1977 66 days ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Totally agree. I have tried Superbands on my flippers and I too like the feel of Titans much better. But for sure use Superbands for the post sleeves!

Titan has since updated the recipe of the slim post sleeves. Haven't changed mine back to Titan to test drive yet, but I should add Titan's customer service was 'spot on' taking care of the slim post issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
La Porte, TX
$ 45.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside