(Topic ID: 248582)

Jurassic Park (Stern 2019 & 30th) Owners Club. Welcome! To Jurassic park.....

By CoolCatPinball

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21,341 posts
  • 1,410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Kkoss24
  • Topic is favorited by 769 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5096 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1230 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1464 (resized).JPG
IMG_7368-ezgif.com-optimize.gif
IMG_7373 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7369 (resized).jpeg
pinside.a4cba3d6f022409119bc55bb9a4f9ec272c3d66d (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_132957235.jpg
PXL_20240419_220243332.jpg
PXL_20240419_132948477.jpg
PXL_20240419_132932956.jpg
IMG_4992 (resized).jpeg
thumbnail_image5 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image0 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 360 of 427.
#17951 8 months ago

Premium here, born on May 19, 2023. Shipped with 1.08, never had movie code. Using home team. Updated to 1.10 and seeing raptor gate go up and down. Sent email to stern support.

#17952 8 months ago

May 21 build. No issues so far. Used new SD card and image

#17953 8 months ago

May 22 build. USB Stick. No issues.

#17954 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

May of 21 build... Prem. Anyone have that time frame and udate? All good. Think I will do a SD image and keep 1.08 ready.....

I have a May of 21 build and updated to the new code last night. Played a few games and have had no issues

#17955 8 months ago

Anyone have a pro here with the new code ?

#17956 8 months ago
Quoted from Archytas:

I've previously been running the movie code on 1.5 software, but want to try the new 1.10 code. I still have the original SD card with 1.3 software that was never updated. I swapped the SD cards around.
To make sure that it worked prior to an update I popped it in the game and after some updates to the node board it fired into attract mode no issues.
Downloaded the new code on the stick. I know the stick works because I used it to update Iron Maiden previously. Plugged the stick in, game detects it and...sits, on 'Insert USB Memory Stick'. Refused to move on to even install the update.
Watching other update videos the game should move past this very quickly and go to the update menu but mine won't.
I'll try find a different USB but don't understand why it doesn't like this one as I've used it before to update games no issues.
This is for the Pro edition of the game.

Archytas Did you get it working? I have installed the older move code 1.03 on a seperate SD card and was thinking about popping the original SD back in and and trying to code update to try the new modes on the next game night. Only difference is I will probably just use a brand new USB since I've had unexpected problems reusing USBs in the past so got a few new ones cheap.

Curious if you got it sorted out before I bother.

#17957 8 months ago

Initially updated through IC but then flashed the card to see if it fixed the issue. Still having gate problems. Kinda feels better that several others are having the same issue so that it’s more likely we will get a fix. Guess I’ll just wait it out. For reference, I was a May 2022 build. Be sure to post if anyone is able to figure out a fix.

#17958 8 months ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Initially updated through IC but then flashed the card to see if it fixed the issue. Still having gate problems. Kinda feels better that several others are having the same issue so that it’s more likely we will get a fix. Guess I’ll just wait it out. For reference, I was a May 2022 build. Be sure to post if anyone is able to figure out a fix.

Stern acknowledged on social media they are aware of the bug and will have a fix asap

#17959 8 months ago

No issues with gate... keep hearing "you are approaching the Trex Paddock".... not even close... on my first dino...

#17960 8 months ago

In case it helps anyone...

I have a Pro. November 2019 build. Was at 1.03. (Yeah yeah) No movie code for me thanks.

"Unpack failed" 3 times using different install types.

Tried a different USB stick and different USB slot. Quick install. Verify No. Finally worked.

The new code is great. Love the co-op! Extra callouts, and more informative ones to boot. Got a Nedry save once. (Not sure how) That was cool.

Moral of the story is keep trying different things when getting "unpack failed."

#17961 8 months ago

I’m on a pro purchased new Dec 2020 and playing almost every day since haha. Comparing to the movie code 1.05 the new code definitely makes it easier to progress and scoring is much higher (bye bye old high scores). Of course 1.05 is old for sure but comparing to 1.10, DNA so much easier to get, fossils easier to get. I had both secure control room and visitor centre lit at the same time. Never had that in 3+ years on old code. I did King of the island and invalid as well. One more shot to start escape Nublar and it went SDTM! Some things easier code can’t fix LOL. I’ve never had a score like this before.

I’m torn for sure. I didn’t really need the game this much easier but it is fun to progress so far so quickly. I will play both codes for sure and am thankful for the new code. Movie callouts and videos are still way way better than these graphics.

IMG_7504 (resized).jpegIMG_7504 (resized).jpegIMG_7506 (resized).jpegIMG_7506 (resized).jpegIMG_7507 (resized).jpegIMG_7507 (resized).jpeg
#17962 8 months ago

Installed new code and have a couple of questions. Can someone explain how the Nedry save works and co-op mode.

Thanks!

#17963 8 months ago

So I tried finding pictures online. Can anyone confirm they added the new apron with lights on the flippers on the 30th? It sure looked that way.

#17964 8 months ago

For the data point Aug 2020 build no issues with new code.

Love the co-op modes and damn is the nedry save huge.

#17965 8 months ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Installed new code and have a couple of questions. Can someone explain how the Nedry save works and co-op mode.
Thanks!

I’m pretty sure its individual. Only the following is shared progress.

“- Shared Progress - In Co-op and Team Play modes the following progress is shared between players on the same team:
- Map Paddock location
- Helicopter Paddock Boost Value
- Dinos Captured
- Rescues
- Rescue Streaks
- Amber Value
- Fossils
- DNA Combos
- Control Room completions
- T-Rex Event completions (besides Feed T-Rex and T-Rex Multiball)
- Raptor Towers
- Trifectas
- Pteranodon Attack X
- Wizard Mode lighting status (all players can play wizards once lit)“

#17966 8 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

May 3023 build date on my Premium. Had movie 1.05 on it. Changed back to 1.08 by burning it to a new SD card. Upgraded to 1.10 via internal download on that same card. No issues so far and we played it for a few hours last night.

Awesome! Just to help confirm please, have you also tried swapping out the SD cards and switching back to movie code OK without any issues?

#17967 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Anyone have a pro here with the new code ?

Yep. Was running old movie code. I still had the SD card that had the the original 0.98 so I reinstalled that, made sure it worked, then did a full install of 1.10 (not the quick install). No issues.

#17968 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

No issues with gate... keep hearing "you are approaching the Trex Paddock".... not even close... on my first dino...

As far as I can tell, this seems to be a callout that indicates you are one hit to the truck away from lighting a T-Rex Mode. It is not referring to the T-Rex paddock.

That said, it is confusing, and I wish it were something else, because yeah…makes you think you’re going for the T-Rex paddock on the map!

Related to the T-Rex paddock and callouts, though: I’ve captured the Rex a number of times on the new code, and it seems to have a bugged callout that claims the T-Rex “got away.”

#17969 8 months ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

As far as I can tell, this seems to be a callout that indicates you are one hit to the truck away from lighting a T-Rex Mode. It is not referring to the T-Rex paddock.
That said, it is confusing, and I wish it were something else, because yeah…makes you think you’re going for the T-Rex paddock on the map!
Related to the T-Rex paddock and callouts, though: I’ve captured the Rex a number of times on the new code, and it seems to have a bugged callout that claims the T-Rex “got away.”

That makes sense...I was. Thanks. Just new

#17970 8 months ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Archytas Did you get it working? I have installed the older move code 1.03 on a seperate SD card and was thinking about popping the original SD back in and and trying to code update to try the new modes on the next game night. Only difference is I will probably just use a brand new USB since I've had unexpected problems reusing USBs in the past so got a few new ones cheap.
Curious if you got it sorted out before I bother.

Yes I sorted it by directly downloading the full image and flashing the SD card instead: https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

Took another 2 hours to redownload the code but sorted the issue and updated to 1.10 no problems.

#17971 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

I noticed this during the stream also, they were working on the earlier paddocks but it kept mentioning the trex paddock was coming up

#17972 8 months ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Yes I sorted it by directly downloading the full image and flashing the SD card instead: https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/
Took another 2 hours to redownload the code but sorted the issue and updated to 1.10 no problems.

I quit doing the USB updates...cards are cheap....I keep them all.....for now

#17973 8 months ago

My Premium is an Aug 21 build.

Upgraded last night from 1.03 of the Movie code to Stern's latest, 1.10

Have put about 20 games on it. Most of the animations look nice but a couple look "yucky" (technical term), such as the Bonus and Tota Score animations. I like the call outs, the light shows are a bit different, and the Nedry save is a nice addition.

And I just experienced a machine lockup at the end of a short game; had to recycle power to reboot.

#17974 8 months ago

Someone from stern needs to get involved in this forum and give us answers now !!!!!! Santa eats cheese please chime in

#17975 8 months ago

Quoted from Pinball1987:

Someone from stern needs to get involved in this forum and give us answers now !!!!!! Santa eats cheese please chime in

#17976 8 months ago

You can tag people by using the @

Such as Pinball1987 I'm not sure that demanding to the air with exclamation points that stern do really anything is going to accomplish much.

Quoted from Pinball1987:

#17977 8 months ago

It's really too bad that we are all discussing gate gate instead of the awesome new code...

#17978 8 months ago

Seems like the solution may be to do a full flash from a fresh download. Mine does work fine with the Ota update though.

#17979 8 months ago
Quoted from Deafman013:

Not the case, our Premium was updated via insider connect and coin door is closed and we dont have the movie code.
The raptor door goes up and down non stop during game and if get Trex multiball Trex head swings back and for no stop rather than go down with mouth open to catch the ball

Same experience here. I have a brand new July run. I’ve updated the code quick and then tried an full update still issues.

#17980 8 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Same experience here. I have a brand new July run. I’ve updated the code quick and then tried an full update still issues.

Have you tried a SD image update?

#17981 8 months ago

I have one of the most recent run premiums and have no issues with the gate on newest code. The release notes mentioned a fix for something relating to that gate on some machines so I guess that broke it on some others. I’d love to know what the differences are between machines.

#17982 8 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

I have one of the most recent run premiums and have no issues with the gate on newest code. The release notes mentioned a fix for something relating to that gate on some machines so I guess that broke it on some others. I’d love to know what the differences are between machines.

I had the issue mentioned. Sometimes a game would start and the gate would be half way up. Was usually impossible to hit the gate switch. I have not had the issue since the new code. May 2022 build.

#17983 8 months ago

Anyone pop their card back out to 1.03-1.05?

#17984 8 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I had the issue mentioned. Sometimes a game would start and the gate would be half way up. Was usually impossible to hit the gate switch. I have not had the issue since the new code. May 2022 build.

I also had it occasionally. A reboot would fix.. only a couple of games on new code...sounds like it was a known issue

#17985 8 months ago
Quoted from UncleBumper:

Awesome! Just to help confirm please, have you also tried swapping out the SD cards and switching back to movie code OK without any issues?

I don't prefer the movie code so haven't done that

#17986 8 months ago
Quoted from JMCFAN:

Have you tried a SD image update?

I did a fresh image on a new sd card and had the same result.

#17987 8 months ago

@ Santa eats cheese Please chime in. I tried calling you

#17988 8 months ago

The format is SantaEatsCheese

Quoted from Pinball1987:

#17989 8 months ago

I just contacted a person from stern. I was waiting for my cheeseburger pizza which I must say was amazing over at pizza world USA and decided to make some calls. I contacted someone from there and told them the issue. They said “ thank you for lletting me know I will contact my team and have them work on a fox and apologized for this issue. “.

#17990 8 months ago

SantaEatsCheese chime in please on this

#17991 8 months ago

They’ve already posted on Facebook that they are aware and will get a fix done next week. Probably not reasonable to expect it to be done today or tomorrow.

#17992 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

Quoted from Pinball1987:

I can assure you I have no association with Stern whatsoever. The fact someone could think that means I should spend less time on this site. What's the issue?

#17993 8 months ago

LOL

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I can assure you I have no association with Stern whatsoever. The fact someone could think that means I should spend less time on this site. What's the issue?

#17994 8 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I thought your in sales, oops. Maybe that was a different santa

#17995 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball1987:

I thought your in sales

Yep... I need to spend less time on this site. Just a nerd who likes talking about pinball. I do Information Systems Security Engineering and lose money trading pinball machines in my basement as a supplement to my pinball hobby.

#17998 8 months ago

Pinball1987 doesn't even own a game yet and he's already torturing everybody who has ever said the word "Stern."

God help those guys over there if his machine doesn't arrive in absolutely flawless condition.

#17999 8 months ago

NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball1987 doesn't even own a game yet and he's already torturing everybody who has ever said the word "Stern."
God help those guys over there if his machine doesn't arrive in absolutely flawless condition.

#18000 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here’s mine, CrazyLevi for governor

IMG_9791 (resized).jpegIMG_9791 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 21,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 360 of 427.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/360 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.