20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 82.
#1951 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I want to play this one bad, when is it releasing?

In the podcast, they said that Pedretti has been acquiring parts and setting up for production but games haven't started to be manufactured yet - Cointaker have filled their spots for Q1 2021 which I think was 65 pins (possibly 1 container??) so guessing late Feb/Mar timeframe. But we may see some machines pop up locally in Europe earlier than this for testing and promos

Edit: just re-listening to the podcast and they do state that they'd like to have Cointaker showing off some games in early January

#1952 3 years ago

I’m on “the list” for an LV! It’s been a long time since I’ve been this excited for a new pin...probably have to go back at least two months to the GNR reveal.

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

In the podcast, they said that Pedretti has been acquiring parts and setting up for production but games haven't started to be manufactured yet - Cointaker have filled their spots for Q1 2021 which I think was 65 pins (possibly 1 container??) so guessing late Feb/Mar timeframe. But we may see some machines pop up locally in Europe earlier than this for testing and promos
Edit: just re-listening to the podcast and they do state that they'd like to have Cointaker showing off some games in early January

They actually said Pedretti is currently manufacturing the first batch, ie. in progress Now, cointaker early January.

Pedretti had alien parts in-hand to set up for production quite some time ago, early in October! ... also stated.

#1954 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

You know anyone else making or have made translite for aliens? I need 2 different ones.

Hey Guys,

Brian and I can likely do a alternate backglass run with his art if the demand is there. Let us know what y’all are thinking...

Aaron

#1955 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey Guys,
Brian and I can likely do a alternate backglass run with his art if the demand is there. Let us know what y’all are thinking...
Aaron

I'm in..... I'm sure others as well.

#1956 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey Guys,
Aaron

I’d be interested! Wonder what the lv will look like?

#1957 3 years ago

Link to pics?

#1959 3 years ago

I’ll holla at Brian tomorrow and we will kick some ideas around... we will figure something out

#1960 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I’ll holla at Brian tomorrow and we will kick some ideas around... we will figure something out

Def interested...

#1961 3 years ago

Yes, bring on the mods!

#1962 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

So they are neither confirming nor denying that a playfield LCD will be a feature on the LV. I think they should have finalized the features of the LV before selling the standard edition. I still can't see what could possibly be $2200 without it. JJP Standard to LE is $1000, Stern Premium to LE is about $1200-1400.

Rarity. People will pay.

#1964 3 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Rarity. People will pay.

In the case of Rick and Morty, the standard is the more rare one. vast majority ordered the Blood Suckers Ed.

#1965 3 years ago

Attention pinball brothers!

Please add a strobe flasher to the Alien ball grabbing sequence on ALL models.

#1966 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Attention pinball brothers!
Please add a strobe flasher to the Alien ball grabbing sequence on ALL models.

I kind of just assumed this was a nobrainer? Is it not on the originals?

#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey Guys,
Aaron

I’m in for that.

#1968 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey Guys,
Aaron

I'm in with that!

#1969 3 years ago

I'm in as well!

#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I kind of just assumed this was a nobrainer? Is it not on the originals?

There are no flashers on this game. Perhaps the hardware cannot drive them.

#1971 3 years ago

Im in on Alt backglass

#1972 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Blue or black. I'm leaning towards black

I think blue or green with metalic specks would be the two best colors. They are a bit darker when not in direct sunlight.

Alien Blue powedercoat (resized).jpgAlien Blue powedercoat (resized).jpgAlien Green powdercoagt (resized).jpgAlien Green powdercoagt (resized).jpg

#1973 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey Guys,
Aaron

I’m interested, count me in 2

#1974 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

PB have announced that people who pre-ordered with Heighway, and didn't receive their game, can apply for a 50% off voucher which can be used at any of the PB distributors before 12/2023.
Here's the details[quoted image]

I emailed them this morning with a scan of my original Heighway invoice that I never got a game for and within minutes they got back with me. The voucher idea will get them a lot of karma with me.

#1975 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I’m interested, count me in 2

I am in.

#1976 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So what exactly do the Italians build well, anyway?
I've never owned a Lambo!

zaccaria and tecnoplay pinball.

#1977 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

zaccaria and tecnoplay pinball.

Pizza's
Pasta's

Lamborghini , Maserati and Ferrari's.

Fashion.

Art.

and who can not pass up on riding a VESPA.

#1978 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Pizza's
Pasta's
Lamborghini , Maserati and Ferrari's.
Fashion.
Art.
and who can not pass up on riding a VESPA.

Here is to wishing we get the Lambo of pinball machines.

#1979 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Here is to wishing we get the Lambo of pinball machines.

Finger crossed for that!

#1980 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

PB have announced that people who pre-ordered with Heighway, and didn't receive their game, can apply for a 50% off voucher which can be used at any of the PB distributors before 12/2023.
Here's the details[quoted image]

That’s awesome I will be taking them up
On this.

#1981 3 years ago

Curious: Does anyone else remember Andrew mentioning or showing an idea a long long time ago about a face hugger mech popping out of each of the egg bumpers each time they get activated? Probably deemed it not feasible or reliable.

And thinking about it, is there such a thing as having an area in a pinball machine that's just too busy? LoL

#1982 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Curious: Does anyone else remember Andrew mentioning or showing an idea a long long time ago about a face hugger mech popping out of each of the egg bumpers each time they get activated? Probably deemed it not feasible or reliable.
And thinking about it, is there such a thing as having an area in a pinball machine that's just too busy? LoL

lol i literally said this exact thing needed to be a mod a few pages ago.

#1983 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

lol i literally said this exact thing needed to be a mod a few pages ago.

Ha I missed it. I thought I saw some concept drawings Andrew posted where he was trying to figure this out.

Regardless, if someone develops a clever idea along these lines it would be impressive. Then again every time a ball gets trapped in the bumpers and things are popping up and down chaotically it might get cheezy. But it would surley make one laugh.

#1984 3 years ago

I've moved my TBL deposit over to an Alien LV...#5 is allegedly my number assuming Melissa is able to make it happen.

Just curious - how many folks here have put their name on the Alien LV list? I guess I will just create a poll...

Edit: here's the poll:
I Deleted the poll I created...someone literally made the same poll less than an hour before mine:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club

#1985 3 years ago

I have never seen one of these games so I’m just commenting on the picture posted below. The backboard head is not nearly as wide as most machines. Looks weird but probably just because I’m not used to it. Also, there doesn’t seem to be a removable translite. Is this correct? Are there any electronics in the head to access other than the lighting for the art and display? All the electronics are in the cabinet then? How about the playfield rails? Are they similar to most games in how you pull it out and lift it up to rest it on the head? What other differences are notable in these games? Could any of you original owners post pics of the insides of this game. 1AC40E76-5493-4F15-B2EC-4851BDD5610F (resized).jpeg1AC40E76-5493-4F15-B2EC-4851BDD5610F (resized).jpeg

#1986 3 years ago

On the original...

- There are locks on the right side of the backbox, and once unlocked, the front panel pivots aside, in case you need to access the backbox components.

- The playfield lifts like pretty much any game of the past 20+ years. (Removing the glass was different (and heavy!), but it sounds like the reborn machines have switched to traditional lockdown bar and glass.)

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have never seen one of these games so I’m just commenting on the picture posted below. The backboard head is not nearly as wide as most machines. Looks weird but probably just because I’m not used to it. Also, there doesn’t seem to be a removable translite. Is this correct? Are there any electronics in the head to access other than the lighting for the art and display? All the electronics are in the cabinet then? How about the playfield rails? Are they similar to most games in how you pull it out and lift it up to rest it on the head? What other differences are notable in these games? Could any of you original owners post pics of the insides of this game. [quoted image]

Also remembering this is a widebody, the backbox appears to be only slightly narrower than WPC, maybe a tad taller, so perhaps closer to DE/SEGA size BB. Most games these days are standard width (aside from some JJP), so perhaps not used to seeing widebodies anymore.

#1988 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are there any electronics in the head to access other than the lighting for the art and display?

The original has all the electronics in the lower cabinet. The head was more for form factor... It only had the display and speakers and strip LED lights.

#1989 3 years ago

The backbox on the new Alien looks like a stern home machine version.

#1990 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm in..... I'm sure others as well.

When shipping starts, Any one putting a bigger T.V screen in? Making a back glass to accommodate?

#1991 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have never seen one of these games so I’m just commenting on the picture posted below. The backboard head is not nearly as wide as most machines. Looks weird but probably just because I’m not used to it. Also, there doesn’t seem to be a removable translite. Is this correct? Are there any electronics in the head to access other than the lighting for the art and display? All the electronics are in the cabinet then? How about the playfield rails? Are they similar to most games in how you pull it out and lift it up to rest it on the head? What other differences are notable in these games? Could any of you original owners post pics of the insides of this game. [quoted image]

I’m assuming that is a rendered pic, the back box should look like any other Williams wide body game.

#1992 3 years ago

I’m just curious is it normal for pinball companies to take down deposits and send renderings of a machine that they dont even have an operable unit? Or do most companies have a working model then send it for sale and into production?

#1993 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m just curious is it normal for pinball companies to take down deposits and send renderings of a machine that they dont even have an operable unit? Or do most companies have a working model then send it for sale and into production?

Stern literally just sold 500 Led Zeppelin LE without even showing a rendered pic of the game.

#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It’s odd to me.

What made them announce the game last week? What was the big rush to take deposits?

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s odd to me.
What made them announce the game last week? What was the big rush to take deposits?

Well, if they aren't taking your money first, they have to gauge interest in how many to build. I don't imagine they are going to make a warehouse full of them and sit on them until they sell. Since there is no set number of the SE run, it could be 200 it could be 2000...it will most likely depend on how many deposits they get.

#1996 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s odd to me.

That's what I've been wondering. Why not wait until cointaker had 30 of them to sell and production is rolling along. Then announce it to the world. They were going to sell every one made regardless. What was to be gained by announcing 2 months before you can get any out the door?

#1997 3 years ago

I would be very surprised if Cointaker sent a single dime of the deposit money to PB. This is not Melissa’s first rodeo with this stuff and she will protect her customers! I think the deposits were simply to gauge interest for the game so that parts could be ordered.

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well, if they aren't taking your money first, they have to gauge interest in how many to build. I don't imagine they are going to make a warehouse full of them and sit on them until they sell. Since there is no set number of the SE run, it could be 200 it could be 2000...it will most likely depend on how many deposits they get.

I’m not even saying make a number of pins but at least have one with film of it in action.

IIRC GGC sold a crap ton of MM remake sold a thousand LE on first day not sure if they had flippable pins at announcement.

#1999 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

IIRC GGC sold a crap ton of MM remake sold a thousand LE on first day not sure if they had flippable pins at announcement.

They had a flyer

#2000 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

That's what I've been wondering. Why not wait until cointaker had 30 of them to sell and production is rolling along. Then announce it to the world. They were going to sell every one made regardless. What was to be gained by announcing 2 months before you can get any out the door?

We simply do not know and anything anyone posts can only be speculation. The terms of licence could dictate that sales must begin before the end of 2020 or something. Not everything has malice behind it... even if the history of PB isn’t great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.