20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 82.
#1 5 years ago

Well, the title says it all...

#3 5 years ago

Kaneda is saying Pinball Brothers contracted CGC to retool the game with WMS cabinet and parts. Cool if true

#4 5 years ago

Yes, it's inevitable that they would want to completely re-engineer and re-design that lemon so that it runs longer than a $20 DVD player, rather than just keep pumping out re-makes and filling their coffers with money with a model they've proven successful over the past 5 years.

Seems like the smart business move that would ensure their financial stability and profit potential for years to come.

#5 5 years ago

Exciting times. I think this could be on my short list of games to buy if they fix the issues.

#6 5 years ago
thumbs.gifthumbs.gif
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, it's inevitable that they would want to completely re-engineer and re-design that lemon so that it runs longer than a $20 DVD player, rather than just keep pumping out re-makes and filling their coffers with money.
Seems like the smart business move.

Wish it were true, but I got to agree, wouldn't make very good business sense.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, it's inevitable that they would want to completely re-engineer and re-design that lemon so that it runs longer than a $20 DVD player, rather than just keep pumping out re-makes and filling their coffers with money with a model they've proven successful over the past 5 years.
Seems like the smart business move that would ensure their financial stability and profit potential for years to come.

Yes, but how many more remakes are left that would sell as well as MMR or MBR. I have no interest myself in any other rumored remakes.

#10 5 years ago

Maybe after Popeye.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Yes, but how many more remakes are left that would sell as well as MMR or MBR. I have no interest myself in any other rumored remakes.

There's at least several WMS games that have a high secondary market value that they could possibly undercut with a remake. They're great for low financial risk and keeping their line super busy.

They should offer something other than a 90s DMD remake, but it seems like Alien isn't worth the hassle or financial risk (though it could sell well). Plus the idea of it being out in 30 days is laughable considering how long Monster Bash was known in advance and delayed.

#12 5 years ago

They need to remake TZ which is the best pin on the planet.

#13 5 years ago

I’ve enjoyed alien the few times I played it. I hope someone can build it again. Very interesting layout and awesome theme. I’d be in on a nib alien.

#14 5 years ago

Crazy rumor if true! What a bunch of crazy fun pinball rumors going around. Mass Hysteria!

#15 5 years ago

about 10 years worth of them, EASILY.

TOM
CV
TAF
TZ
IJ
CC

Would all sell plenty without the hassles of trying to turn Alien into a functioning, reliable machine they can sell to people.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There's at least several WMS games that have a high secondary market value that they could possibly undercut with a remake. They're great for low financial risk and keeping their line super busy.
They should offer something other than a 90s DMD remake, but it seems like Alien isn't worth the hassle or financial risk (though it could sell well). Plus the idea of it being out in 30 days is laughable considering how long Monster Bash was known in advance and delayed.

Yes there are some remakes to do still, but I just think that over time that well will start to run dry. They can do both, have a new game once a year and a remake also.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

TOM
CV
TAF
TZ
IJ
CC
Would all sell plenty without the hassles of trying to turn Alien into a functioning, reliable machine they can sell to people.

True, but they could do remakes and also original titles. Why not?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

TOM
CV
TAF
TZ
IJ
CC

Maybe even Scared Stiff, Tales of the Arabian Nights, even White Water.

That is, all told, a deep well from which to draw.

#20 5 years ago

They can go pretty far down the WPC list and still make money. If you think guys won't pay $6k for a NIB Junk Yard, consider this: I know people who won't buy a $500 working EM but happily paid more than ten times that for a Whoa Nellie.

#21 5 years ago

Rumors are that the game will feature a Bally Williams cabinet (wide body) versus the cabinet design from Heighway, no more art panels for side cabinet artwork (decals), game will be retooled with updated hardware. That's crazy cool if true.

Now the question is, how much? $8k - $10k?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Rumors are that the game will feature a Bally Williams cabinet (wide body) versus the cabinet design from Heighway, no more art panels for side cabinet artwork (decals), game will be retooled with updated hardware. That's crazy cool if true.
Now the question is, how much? $8k - $10k?

Price will determine my interest. $9k, I'm out.

#23 5 years ago

True, but they could do remakes and also original titles. Why not?

Why not:

Re-engineering and redesigning that entire lemon to 1) actually work, and 2) fit into a standard WPC cabinet is an expensive and time-consuming proposition.

The question is not "why not," it's "why?" Why would they do that when they have at least 10 years worth of profitable re-makes of 90s games ahead of them?

Maybe FIFTEEN YEARS worth of 90s remakes, as others have pointed out SS, TOTAN, WWater etc. are all viable.

You haven't even tried to answer that.

#24 5 years ago

Yes there are some remakes to do still, but I just think that over time that well will start to run dry. They can do both, have a new game once a year and a remake also.

At their current pace, they still have a solid ten years before they hit that point.

But yeah, they should diversify some. There are a few homebrew projects ripe for purchase...

#25 5 years ago

Man, the things people hope for on this site....

#26 5 years ago

I'll only believe this rumor if it came from one of those podcasters that are now charging for rumors...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why not:
Re-engineering and redesigning an entire pinball machine to 1) actually work, and 2) fit into a standard WPC cabinet is an expensive and time-consuming proposition.
The question is not "why not," it's "why?" Why would they do that when they have at least 10 years worth of profitable re-makes of 90s games ahead of them?
Maybe FIFTEEN YEARS worth of 90s remakes, as others have pointed out SS, TOTAN, WWater etc. are all viable.
You haven't even tried to answer that.

They'd be using the WMS widebody. So really they're just re-engineering a small handful of the unique mechs like the Xenomorph head. The amount of work to be done isn't impossible, but I tend to agree that it's probably not worth fooling with. (And that's without getting into the other issues with the game like the lack of Sigourney Weaver)

#28 5 years ago

Starting a poll. Which will be in my basement first: TBL or AlienR.

I do like both of them. They would both have to be at a distro, sitting in a box ready to ship.
Then there's price..TBL - beautiful! game, but it's no 10k worth of fun. If it were 6.5/7, I'd be in.

#29 5 years ago

Taking an Alien playfield and slapping it into a Bally Williams widebody cabinet is a step in the right direction. But it doesn't resolve the systemic hardware design issues in the rest of the game, in order for me to consider this game "ready for production" it needs a significant amount of re-design work. This is like saying the Yugo would be more reliable if it had a corvette body.

Kaneda also claims that the reason we've seen so many aliens up for sale is because the inner circle "good ol boys" club knew this was coming. There is an inner circle of alien owners, many of them I've got on speed dial and talk/text daily. The ones that sold (myself included, and 3 other people I know), did it because prices were near double their initial investment, that's it. Everyone else in the circle was telling us this isn't the top of the market, and to wait..

In the MBR thread, people have been up in arms about it taking months for them to get their LE's. How will CGC fulfill the MBR orders, and switch to Alien in time to get them to market in 30 days? They won't.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They'd be using the WMS widebody. So really they're just re-engineering a small handful of the unique mechs like the Xenomorph head. The amount of work to be done isn't impossible, but I tend to agree that it's probably not worth fooling with. (And that's without getting into the other issues with the game like the lack of Sigourney Weaver)

GCC hasn't produced any widebodies yet either.

In that past, that has required a completely new line for manufacture.

Again, why bother messing with widebodies until you've made CC, TAF, TOM, CV, TOTAN, Whitewater, possibly even Big Bang Bar....

Something to look forward to in 2027 I guess. Which is probably around when people will finally give up on Alien being remade.

#31 5 years ago

I haven't compared pf plank sizes between Alien and a WMS widebody, but my guess is that they're different sizes. So that's geometry that gets reworked.

Again - why would this happen?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

GCC hasn't produced any widebodies yet either.
In that past, that has required a completely new line for manufacture.
Again, why bother messing with widebodies until you've made TAF, TOM, CV, TOTAN, Whitewater....
Something to look forward to in 2027.

Yeah but if they wanna go after a cashcow game like IJ they need to accommodate a widebody someday

But I say this without having seen the CGC facilities. Some manufactures lines seem more easily accommodating than others.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I haven't compared pf plank sizes between Alien and a WMS widebody, but my guess is that they're different sizes. So that's geometry that gets reworked.
Again - why would this happen?

Because theme sells pinball machines. Stern knows this, that's why they get all the great themes (mostly great). Alien has a huge fanbase because to many it's a grail theme.

#34 5 years ago

You guys are so easy to lie to because you desperately want to believe.

The first rule of finding a con job mark.

#35 5 years ago

I'm sure it's a rumor, but being an Alien owner I'm telling ya fellas this game rocks! I said this all along, if Stern or JJP would have made this pin it would have been a HUGE seller for them. This movie franchise has been around for 40 years and is growing strong, with a new movie coming out comprised of (6) short stories using the Alien universe. Alien is right up there with Terminator (2 pins) and Predator fanbases, and look how many people wanted that pin!

People will always speculate. You can ask yourself... Okay...(3) Alien pins was up for sale on Pinside just last week. Do the owners know something we don't know! Probably sold them because they are going for crazy prices now. They said the same thing about MM when the remakes were first announced and do you remember those crazy prices?

I call BS on this one, but I would still like to see this pin get remade by a reputable manufacturer and put out in the hands of players and collectors. You won't be disappointed.

But just in case it does come up true.... Chicago Gaming Company....can you make the new boards compatible with the Heighway boards??? Oh, and make a cool topper too. Tee Hee.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys are so easy to lie to because you desperately want to believe.
The first rule of finding a con job mark.

No one is getting conned here. I've given money to no one. This is just a rumor, and we are discussing it because it's a pinball forum. I don't believe 100% it will happen.

#37 5 years ago
FCD6BB62-50A5-4720-9C86-FF413DB3665C (resized).jpegFCD6BB62-50A5-4720-9C86-FF413DB3665C (resized).jpeg
#38 5 years ago

I was told the first clue was when a whole bunch of parts that were not in stock all of sudden became available again.

#39 5 years ago

To you and 12 others. I'm so sick of hearing this phrase. Makes me wanna barf. No profitable pinball company cares about your "grail". They care about making money, and putting people to work. As they should.

The game is a turd, with shots that feel flat, and a lot of cute-sy things going on.

#40 5 years ago

Rumors can be fun, just wishful thinking, lets start a new one.
Maybe Homepin could pick this one up.

#41 5 years ago

Yay, no more zizzle type cabinet

#42 5 years ago

Damn those Heighway cabinets were ugly. It would be nice to see this game the way it should have been done to begin with.

#43 5 years ago

No one is getting conned here. I've given money to no one. This is just a rumor, and we are discussing it because it's a pinball forum. I don't believe 100% it will happen.

You’ve already been conned by taking this horseshit seriously.

Sending large amounts of money to someone far away is the next logical step.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Damn those Heighway cabinets were ugly. It would be nice to see this game the way it should have been done to begin with.

These rumors are crazy!

I for one like the look of the cabinets especially that lit side art. Really stands out. I would be curious to see if the screens make it into the game (especially PF) b/c they made a big impact to me for this style of game. Going DMD with no lcd in the pf would be a step back imo but I'm happy if this means more people get to experience this special game regardless.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You’ve already been conned by taking this horseshit seriously.
Sending large amounts of money to someone far away is the next logical step.

You seem way too upset about idle speculation in a hobby where there's really never that much going on.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You seem way too upset about idle speculation in a hobby where there's really never that much going on.

Am I allowed to invoke the “it’s a pinball. Forum. We discuss Pinball here” clause or is that only for people who buy this nonsense?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Am I allowed to invoke the “it’s a pinball. Forum. We discuss Pinball here” clause or is that only for people who buy this nonsense?

Am I allowed to tell you were the drain button is if you're not interested in this nonsense?

#48 5 years ago

Not really far fetched as CGC could sell a ton of these with proper cabinet, better boards etc etc.

There is money to be made!

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Am I allowed to tell you were the drain button is if you're not interested in this nonsense?

No you aren’t.

Announcing drains is a moderatable offense!

Am I allowed to tell you there’s an ignore button if your not interested in my wisdom?

#50 5 years ago

So, that means Queen will be made by CGC as well!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 160.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.