20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
A9F4C5E8-5E36-44E8-8A8D-0B47B8CB785F (resized).jpeg

There are 4,060 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 82.
#1801 11 months ago

LV-426 is the name of the moon the original Aliens were encountered on. The planet was housed by a human population called "Hadley's Hope." This population was killed by the Aliens and thus the military crew (depicted in the movies and in this game) came to investigate and ultimately combat them...so all of this occurred on this planet, which was initially called LV-426 (and later called Acheron)...nerdy stuff, but cool as shit

#1802 11 months ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

LV-426 is the name of the moon the original Aliens were encountered on. The planet was housed by a human population called "Hadley's Hope." This population was killed by the Aliens and thus the military crew (depicted in the movies and in this game) came to investigate and ultimately combat them...so all of this occurred on this planet, which was initially called LV-426 (and later called Acheron)...nerdy stuff, but cool as shit

Vey Cool

ALiensPredator (resized).jpg
#1803 11 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I think you're "good for it" when you put down the deposit.
You do realize the Alien Standards are supposed to begin shipping in January, right? That's very soon. How are you going to transfer your deposit when you already paid for and received the machine you put your deposit on for a LE that won't be available for 6 months down the road?

when they message peeps with deposits I assume they ask for the balance to be paid or if they'll want their spot to be transferred to the LE's. they're taking 2nd quarter deposits now for games available in 4months down the road. a phone call passes all them people too? again, why would ANYONE pay a deposit if just a phone call is required? ... honestly, prepaid deposits are ridiculous and anyone foolish enough to send money without actually seeing games being shipped are sukkers who haven't learned their lesson.. or haven't followed along and don't know how the last one worked out with the cointaker sea container.

#1804 11 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

when they message peeps with deposits I assume they ask for the balance to be paid or if they'll want their spot to be transferred to the LE's. they're taking 2nd quarter deposits now for games available in 4months down the road. a phone call passes all them people too? again, why would ANYONE pay a deposit if just a phone call is required?

Well they updated their web site for 2nd quarter deposit listings and it clearly states deposits on the standard edition are not transferrable to an LE at least on the 2nd batch you brought up. What do you want from me? If you really just want an LE get yourself put on the LE list and they'll contact you when they begin taking deposits for them. Use the phone - they're open today.

The people paying deposits now are for what they have listed. Again, not for an LE.

Edit: I just realized you're in Canada. I don't know how things work through your distributor Nitro. I'm in The US and our distributor is CoinTaker and that's who I've been referring to. Good luck with your Alien endeavors.

#1805 11 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Well they updated their web site for 2nd quarter deposit listings and it clearly states deposits on the standard edition are not transferrable to an LE at least on the 2nd batch you brought up. What do you want from me? If you really just want an LE get yourself put on the LE list and they'll contact you when they begin taking deposits for them. Use the phone - they're open today.
The people paying deposits now are for what they have listed. Again, not for an LE.

When I actually SEE what the LE has, then I’ll decide. FOMO is BS. If they all get sold out before I make a decision then that’s fine. Money saved as far as I’m concerned.

#1806 11 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

When I actually SEE what the LE has, then I’ll decide. FOMO is BS. If they all get sold out before I make a decision then that’s fine. Money saved as far as I’m concerned.

Meh, it's mostly just cosmetic differences, mostly. Game play is supposed to be the same. I think that's a healthy attitude you have there.

#1807 11 months ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I think he was pointing out my typo.

#1808 11 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Meh, it's mostly just cosmetic differences, mostly. Game play is supposed to be the same. I think that's a healthy attitude you have there.

Ha, I mostly saw what you did there, mostly.

images (5) (resized).jpeg
#1809 11 months ago

I want to see what the LE has before I get one.

#1810 11 months ago
Quoted from stevenb28:

Crazy talk!

#1811 11 months ago

In regards to timeframe, how long DOES it take to ship a crate overseas? 3-4 weeks? Longer? It didn't sound like these were on the line yet so...a month to build, a month to go overseas, and a few weeks shipping is the 'forecast'?

#1812 11 months ago

First they've got to build enough to fill a good sized container to make it economically feasible.

Sounds like they are gonna take the early builds slow-good idea- I would guess the first north American shipment arrives in march, at best.

Message from Archeron Freeeek Kingdom.

#1813 11 months ago
Quoted from stevenb28:

Well they won't even start taking deposits for LE's until the details are announced so that's going to work out nicely for you, ...for all of us.

#1814 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

In regards to timeframe, how long DOES it take to ship a crate overseas? 3-4 weeks? Longer? It didn't sound like these were on the line yet so...a month to build, a month to go overseas, and a few weeks shipping is the 'forecast'?

If it's a shipping container on a boat from Italy, about 4-5 weeks to the West Coast.

#1815 11 months ago

How much faster by hydrofoil??

#1816 11 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

If it's a shipping container on a boat from Italy, about 4-5 weeks to the West Coast.

Save almost 2 weeks to east coast. No canal needed and cheaper.

#1817 11 months ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Makes you wonder why they said the LV was going to have a run of 500, missed a trick there by not going for 426

#1818 11 months ago

Wow this is going to be a long wait if they don't have anything that is flipping yet. I mean nothing good enough to throw on video.

#1819 11 months ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

Makes you wonder why they said the LV was going to have a run of 500, missed a trick there by not going for 426

At 2:08:00 in the podcast they never did say definitively exactly how many total LV's will be made, only that they have a plan for making Limited Versions and they assume it will be 500 but "at least not more than 500. " Not sure how to interpret that.

One of them also referred to it as a Limited Collector's Version so besides LE, LV, CE, and CV there's now LCV that we can add to all of it's designations. LOL

#1820 11 months ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

First they've got to build enough to fill a good sized container to make it economically feasible.
Sounds like they are gonna take the early builds slow-good idea- I would guess the first north American shipment arrives in march, at best.
Message from Archeron Freeeek Kingdom.

Didn't they say a rate of 200 per month?

Quoted from Mercifull:

I would think they would number each LV from 1 - 500. The "pro" having it's own set of build numbers we should hope.

Quoted from Yipykya:

At 2:08:00 in the podcast they never did say definitively exactly how many total LV's will be made, only that they have a plan for making Limited Versions and they assume it will be 500 but "at least not more than 500. " Not sure how to interpret that.

LV-426 would Certainly be a part of what is on the radar .... But not just that, also a Pro426.

#1821 11 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

LV-426 would Certainly be a part of what is on the radar .... But not just that, also a Pro426.

I think you're on to something there. Referring to the Collector's Edition (or LV = Limited Version as they are fond of) as The LV-426 (if they limited it to 426 units) would be a pretty cool call out in the Alien Universe.

Credit to Mercifull too for pointing it out!

#1822 11 months ago

It could take 3, 4 months to build 200 if they ramp up slowly, or have parts, or build problems.

#1823 11 months ago
Quoted from RobF:

How much faster by hydrofoil??

HA! Nice....

#1824 11 months ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

It could take 3, 4 months to build 200 if they ramp up slowly, or have parts, or build problems.

Well it is an Italian manufacturing company with manufacturing experience, details begin from after 2hrs14min.

The manufacturing mob have been working on/with actual parts since October and the initial batch for setting up their line is in production now (by Italian company). Taking "2-3 months from now to kind of get up to speed ... after that hoping for 100 plus a month" (so already part of the way to there by now as well).

"They have Large Factories" .... "They say they can ramp up to actually whatever numbers we want in the first year or so"

First games at cointaker beginning of January 2021, sealed containers straight to CT... and sounds like plenty of upscale capacity for production after QC is established.

This game seems like Great value!!! ... the display missing is fine at this price point.

It looks like there could be alot of them .... second wave..... ALIEN INVASION!!!

*new film

#1825 11 months ago

Is the game any good?

#1826 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the game any good?

Yes

#1827 11 months ago

Why?

Taking the theme out of it, does it shoot well? What’s the code like?

#1828 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the game any good?

I went to Galloping Ghost to play the Space Fury arcade and Predator Pinball. Just my luck, Predator was gone off to a show, and Space Fury was down for repairs. Thankfully I got to play tons of games on their ALIEN and fell in love...the sound package and atmosphere is just crazy good. With a decent voucher for my deposit on the Heighway machine and the already fair price, this one is a no brainer for me.

#1829 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why?

There’s a shit ton to read on it in this thread alone...

#1830 11 months ago

Best game in my collection , get it

#1831 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the game any good?

here's a video of the gameplay (without any commentary) but it shows how immersive the game is. Unlike most other games, it's like being in the movie scenes.

I understand this is the original with the PF display but looks like mode starts will hold the ball so you can view on the large display.

#1832 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the game any good?

Gameplay/Layout/Rules/Shots are great!!. My opinion.

And set to get better ...

#1833 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why?

Unique geometry... very good rules for both fun and strategy choices. Best in class media and sound.

It takes a number of games to find the shots but is addictive and once you get a game going strong you want more and more

#1834 11 months ago

#1835 11 months ago

Thanks.

Played it very briefly at TPF when Andrew was there and it hardly worked.

Do you think it will miss the screen on the PF? I thought that was really cool.

#1836 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks.

To me, it seems like a loss, but ive never played it. Im sure the aftermarket will come up with s secondary display, not in the pf.

#1837 11 months ago

Like Flynn said above..
Sound A+
Theme integration A+
The wide body shots take a game or two to get used to, but fun and interesting layout.

The playfield screen was cool, but never noticed it as I played. The animation on the screen was just the same as on the back box screen.
So nothing is really lost.

The new weapon inserts, sound more useful to gameplay than another screen that might break.

#1838 11 months ago

Are they keeping the screen on the back left corner that replaced the old sculpt?

#1839 11 months ago

Yes, I believe so.

84c5067bd396bf9a6975c989b6cd5dbb24d53028 (resized).jpg
#1840 11 months ago
Quoted from rai:

here's a video of the gameplay (without any commentary) but it shows how immersive the game is. Unlike most other games, it's like being in the movie scenes.
I understand this is the original with the PF display but looks like mode starts will hold the ball so you can view on the large display.

Sound is fantastic.

How’s the code in general? Does it feel complete?

#1841 11 months ago

If the new Alien LE has the original playfield screen, illuminated cabinet and other original LE features, I might have to get on that list. Game looks super immersive and fun!

#1842 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks.

I think it’s a loss. Easy to level mine and put some Mylar over it for insurance. I was hoping that the LE would have this option but it doesn’t sound like it from the interview. The other small screen stays, and code is great. Improvements include the extra magnet and hypersleep lock mech. The cabinet is a practical decision. As cool as the old one is imo, it is intended as a modular cabinet for other games and that isn’t the business model here. This is pretty much a home run imo, with the exception of the playfield lcd decision. I’m in for one!

#1843 11 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

If the new Alien LE has the original playfield screen, illuminated cabinet and other original LE features, I might have to get on that list. Game looks super immersive and fun!

Think you missed the boat on that.

Lit cab? Not in a b/w. Lit side blades? Not likely. The el paper isnt thick, but the plastic is. They would have to do decal like some of the aftermarket options. It won't look the same. They could do the lit backbox.

Beacons, easy to do, but they are obnoxiously noisy.

Playfield screen doubt it. The screen would require a computer with 3 display outputs. Bet my bottom dollar they are not using the original pc. Its not a standard setup for an off the shelf piece. Need a different playfield. They already said they cant make it reliable. What they are going to backteack and say its fine now?

#1844 11 months ago

I see. I might consider the remake LE then if it’s well built, reliable and plays as good as the original. No way I’d buy an original and have to deal with reliability issues or unobtanium parts. The playfield LCD and illuminated cabinet on the original was super cool, though.

#1845 11 months ago
Quoted from dung:

They already said they cant make it reliable. What they are going to backteack and say its fine now?

On the display "issues". This was specifically with reference to getting the first version out the door. A good "reason" (read excuse). Not having it in the launch version simply eliminates a perceived possible risk. They are playing extra safe to start up, that's all.

#1846 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sound is fantastic.
How’s the code in general? Does it feel complete?

This was from our recent meet... new player to the game.

This was beforehand off the cuff... still had Xeno sticking the vid was from before sorting that. Was just sticky old grease from assembly gone gummy, stripped and cleaned after this, no worries now clean with dry lube instead. This particular vid shows alot of modes though including completing tunnel hunt, and Hypersleep multiball, twice...

This one also may capture the audio atmosphere better

#1847 11 months ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

On the display "issues". This was specifically with reference to getting the first version out the door.

Playfield windows have been done since the early 80s at least. Its bullshit.

#1848 11 months ago
Quoted from dung:

Beacons, easy to do, but they are obnoxiously noisy.

Wait what? Are there sirens or speakers contained inside the beacons? Or do you mean it's noisy via the code when the beacons are active?

If there's a noise maker in the beacons that can't be adjusted for volume control I wonder if using a gob of tape or some other material would quiet it down. ???

#1849 11 months ago

I did reserve a spot but I do have my reservations on the look of the turret art. It does look a little copy and paste, I hope the final version looks a little more complete with the style of the rest of the game kind of does stick out like a sore thumb but I owned an original and the gameplay is one of the best which is why I am onboard for the remake.

#1850 11 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Wait what? Are there sirens or speakers contained inside the beacons? Or do you mean it's noisy via the code when the beacons are active?
If there's a noise maker in the beacons that can't be adjusted for volume control I wonder if using a gob of tape or some other material would quiet it down. ???

The beacons are cheaply made Chinese crap. They are incredibly loud when they rotate.

There are 4,060 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 82.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside