20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Well, the title says it all...

#5 5 years ago

Exciting times. I think this could be on my short list of games to buy if they fix the issues.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, it's inevitable that they would want to completely re-engineer and re-design that lemon so that it runs longer than a $20 DVD player, rather than just keep pumping out re-makes and filling their coffers with money with a model they've proven successful over the past 5 years.
Seems like the smart business move that would ensure their financial stability and profit potential for years to come.

Yes, but how many more remakes are left that would sell as well as MMR or MBR. I have no interest myself in any other rumored remakes.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There's at least several WMS games that have a high secondary market value that they could possibly undercut with a remake. They're great for low financial risk and keeping their line super busy.
They should offer something other than a 90s DMD remake, but it seems like Alien isn't worth the hassle or financial risk (though it could sell well). Plus the idea of it being out in 30 days is laughable considering how long Monster Bash was known in advance and delayed.

Yes there are some remakes to do still, but I just think that over time that well will start to run dry. They can do both, have a new game once a year and a remake also.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

about 10 years worth of them, EASILY.
TOM
CV
TAF
TZ
IJ
CC
Would all sell plenty without the hassles of trying to turn Alien into a functioning, reliable machine they can sell to people.

True, but they could do remakes and also original titles. Why not?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Rumors are that the game will feature a Bally Williams cabinet (wide body) versus the cabinet design from Heighway, no more art panels for side cabinet artwork (decals), game will be retooled with updated hardware. That's crazy cool if true.
Now the question is, how much? $8k - $10k?

Price will determine my interest. $9k, I'm out.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I haven't compared pf plank sizes between Alien and a WMS widebody, but my guess is that they're different sizes. So that's geometry that gets reworked.
Again - why would this happen?

Because theme sells pinball machines. Stern knows this, that's why they get all the great themes (mostly great). Alien has a huge fanbase because to many it's a grail theme.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys are so easy to lie to because you desperately want to believe.
The first rule of finding a con job mark.

No one is getting conned here. I've given money to no one. This is just a rumor, and we are discussing it because it's a pinball forum. I don't believe 100% it will happen.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Sorry but there are some pretty dumb people on these forums... sometimes people need to use common sense. There is a TON OF REAL FAKE NEWS in the media today and obviously in pinball as well.
Some people understand better than others how to drum up attention for themselves and in the pinball World Kanada does that for a living. I wouldn't trust him because hell half the pinball manufacturers hate him with a glowing passion. Why would they tell him anything? Why wouldn't you tell someone else first, or make even a fake account here and leak something?
Every single one of these podcasts, or posts on these forums is just speculation, rumors or just down right FAKE NEWS.
Unless you hear from Stern directly as an example I wouldn't believe anything.
For example Kaneda says Dialed In is a FLOP well its sold between 1500 and 2000 copies and in the end will probably generate 20 million in revenue. That is more than every original title ever made for the past decade combined, or more than every game Spooky has ever sold combined. The game is ranked the 11th best pinball game so people obviously love the game, every operator tells me its consistently the #1 money maker, and it holds it value big league. How is the game a flop?
The point is people publish their opinions, and most of the time they're just that opinions not based on fact. Unless you have access to JJ books to know exactly number of games sold then you're speculating.
We heard JAWS was around the corner 5000 times, only then to hear NOT HAPPENING. We heard Superman 1978 was Sterns next game then we heard oh wait its not. Now we're hearing oh wait Chicago Gaming who's knee deep into Cactus Canyon and their own original game are going to make Aliens.
LOL
I can assure you that Chicago Gaming is already planning their game after CC and their own original theme... probably Theatre of Magic. So they're wrapped up for the next what 2 years?
Where does Alien fit in?
So even if it was TRUE when does it come out 3 years from now?
Lots of things change over 3 years so here is what I would say...
THIS THREAD IS JUST FOR A LAUGH!
Get a good laugh out of it, and move onto what you KNOW is happening. Focus on the right here and right fucking now!
Black Knight 3000 (you know you got that) Willy Wonka and Guns and Roses. Cactus Canyon. American Pinball is going to start selling Octoberfest and Spooky keeps making Alice Cooper. Blah, Blah... apparently but no one but Stern knows for sure Jurassic World is coming right, or is it Jaws, or is it Elvira 3, or is it Superman or is it WHO CARES! Rumors are always going to be 90% FALSE!
BTW sometimes people spread FALSE RUMORS because they want to see what people will say or someone leaks rumors to gauge interest. I can imagine someone who was involved with Alien leaking that utter non-sense to get a thread like this started to then point to the interest in why someone should give them more money, invest, help get something dead in the water going again.
Don't fall for it... there are some really dumb people buying into fake news because it draws in more listeners to podcasts, their website or whatever.
TOTALLY FAKE NEWS!

Let this be known then as the thread where Kaneda will lose all prediction credibility FOREVER if he is wrong. We will hold him to this particular prediction since he is so adamant it is true.

8 months later
#829 4 years ago

Kaneda's new prediction on his recent podcast is that more alien machines are coming... still not sure if I believe it.

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know something!
It's bullshit. Alien is as dead as Newt at the start of Alien Cubed.

But they are on there way to the US right now!

9 months later
#865 3 years ago

New Alien/Kaneda rumors. Anyone care to share their thoughts on this?

2 months later
#878 3 years ago

I hadn't even noticed this, just looked at their FB page and they are posting a ton of alien pics. Nothing that actually shows a machine though.

#881 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Might have to start making some room for another pin

LMAO

Does someone have any info on this? I haven't been paying close attention to anything pinball the last year or so. GNR release caught my attention briefly. I thought Alien pinball was dead in the water.

#892 3 years ago

There is a new teaser image on their FB page today.

1 week later
#1112 3 years ago

Wish I could do another different poll somehow. I'm curious about price and what people would be willing to pay for this.
$8,500?
$9,500?
$10,500?
$12,500 like GNR CE?

1 week later
#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

When does everyone think the new batch will go on sale? Price point given there are less features than the original? Color me curious.

Hopefully all will be revealed on Friday.

#1357 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I'm 100% in as long as Cointaker is the distributor

They are.

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, I'd bet it's $10.5K or more. I don't know how many they'll sell at that price but in Europe they may still do okay because of the tariff on US games.

Ouch, that price might not work for me since they've stripped out features.

#1455 3 years ago

My guess is $8,500 base model and $10,500 LE.

#1641 3 years ago

It's possible that number on cointakers site might mean nothing. Just could be what they initially set it to? Even 65 seems low.

#1657 3 years ago

FYI according to cointaker the deposit is refundable. The first batch of games will be January and February.

#1660 3 years ago

Anyone hear who is making the playfields? Mirco?

#1665 3 years ago

No FOMO here. Melissa said they will get an initial batch, then later throughout the year they will get more. This is just the first wave, not a limited run.

#1669 3 years ago

I tried to get the last one, missed it. Oh well, I keep thinking I'd probably rather have a later run and make sure there will be spare parts to buy, etc...

#1739 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

We're still in the "Chicago Gaming" section .... what point does it get to before the game can be in an appropriate section?, I don't know... "Pinball Brothers" section? ... or "New Pinball" section?
It was a speculation thread to start with that has now turned out to be wrong, and so is not in the right forum category at all, for what it's become. I think we know enough to fix it now don't we.

I didn't see a way to change that. Maybe a moderator can change it?

#1996 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s odd to me.
What made them announce the game last week? What was the big rush to take deposits?

That's what I've been wondering. Why not wait until cointaker had 30 of them to sell and production is rolling along. Then announce it to the world. They were going to sell every one made regardless. What was to be gained by announcing 2 months before you can get any out the door?

#2016 3 years ago

Was it just me or did the Pinball Brothers sound very humble and down to earth during the interview. They explained their reasons for doing what they did very clearly and didn't sound like a salesman.

#2136 3 years ago

Excitement peaked, now we need to see some actual gameplay videos. It would be nice to see that early in January.

4 weeks later
#2437 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trouble in paradise?!?
Who coulda seen that coming?
No worries I’m sure everything will work out in this Italian pinball factory.

No issues here. Company has taken no money, they are communicating what's going on. I never expected anything would be ready by January. If they can get 100 of these in buyers hands in the next 3 to 6 months I'd call that a win. No one has the expectation that this is Stern.

1 month later
#2784 3 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Let me clarify: yes everything heard in the video are sound assets from the game.
However, they are not sync'd with the video. They were added after.
I contacted PB and suggested that they take the line out from the game computer in the future for a more faithful experience.
Yes, I was contacted by PB, I have finally been paid for the original HP contract (bless PB) and I am open for future collaborations.
The work I did for Alien is owned in perpetuity by whoever owns the IP for Alien Pinball, which in this case is Pinball Brothers.
And for the record I am very excited that eventually there will be more Alien Pinball machines in the wild. This was a fun project, I am still friends with the members of Team Alien and I look forward to collaborating with one or more of them again in the future.

Loved the audio in this game so much! When I played the HP Alien I will never forget the atmosphere created from the sound!

3 weeks later
#3063 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

New Pinball is in rolling stone magazine, tons of gaming web sites, rock n roll websites...I mean what do you want them to do, buy a Super Bowl ad?
Pinball in the modern era - growing as it is - is ALWAYS going to be a niche interest. The "average person" is not the audience for pinball and wasting time and resources trying to force that to happen is not feasible.

10s of Millions of people will never own a pinball machine. I don't see what's so hard to understand, they are just too expensive for the average person. That said, if these Alien pins were available I think they are a pretty good value compared to all the other NIB pins from Stern and JJP.

4 weeks later
#3467 3 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Hi guys, i hope its okey, that i share my youtube video here, unboxing and a quick review:

Thanks for the video! Been waiting patiently for this. Hope to see more unboxing videos soon.

2 months later
#3957 2 years ago

So now that more owners have had some time on their new machines... anything new to report quality-wise? Still on the fence a bit myself, waiting to hear more feedback from owners.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=pcprogrammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.