20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorsedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#744 4 years ago

I think if Pinball Brothers do ever make any pins, Alien would certainly have to be on the list of planned titles given the popularity. Nobody can be sure about licensing possibilities either way. I can't imagine them manufacturing outside of Europe, but who knows. Dutch? lol

It's a wait and see...

#746 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If they were going to remake alien maybe based on new series like Prometheus rather then alien and military based aliens
Hopefully not ..

Current is pretty well proven, and known. Reputation. Can't see them changing too much from the current hardware, layout or code. Art and cabinet... maybe. Keeps development cost way down, would be essential since I assume sorting license would be costly.

#749 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

CGC won't do Alien.
No idea if anyone else is. But definitely not CGC.

Definately won't be CGC, that seems to have been established long ago...

...perhaps OP can change the thread title... answer to current is "No", but somebody certainly will.

#751 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Alien in its present form is not going to be produced by anyone, sadly.

Yeah, standard cab apparently. I didn't mind the quirky cab myself. No hinges on backbox a bit inconvenient though.

Either way it is all speculation. Nobody really knows. Not anyone that can say anything concrete anyway. Everything I've heard about suggests it will be continued at some point. No, it won't be identical or unchanged.

Only thing suggesting it won't ever happen is that Kanada says it will Lol

#753 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Obviously if CGC remakes this title it will have differences, just like each of their remakes in the past. I’m sure that they wouldn’t attempt to re-create the unique Heighway cabinet - makes no sense. It would be a previously used tried-and-true cabinet. My guess would be a B/W like all of their other remakes.
And if CGC did remake it they would add their own personal enhancements, just like they always have.
Time will tell! I’m thinking (hoping) that it will be before the end of this year. But who knows?

We are ready to change the title now! Lol

If anyone does make Aliens, it won't be CGC. For one thing CGC would not want to use the developed hardware and code, and to not use it would certainly be quite uneconomical (porting/re-engineering).

Quoted from LTG:

CGC won't do Alien.
No idea if anyone else is. But definitely not CGC.
LTG : )

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Changing the cab size changes everything. Shot geometry, timing of A/V integration, tempo and overall feel. It wont be the same Alien, maybe Aliens 2.0 or some ish..
I would be down for an Alien 2.0 which could be bad ass in its own right, and obtainable...

Who said anything about changing any internal dimensions? ... from the measurments we took the whole lot fits straight into a WPC widebody cab. Identical game with standard looking cab. Not hard at all... changing cab appearance won't change the game inside Lol

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry but who are you again? Not trying to be rude just curious.
As for the have feeling different, they're is no question it will in a Williams cab. The current cab feels much different then the wb Williams Bally that I've owned and has its own feel. It also has that unique side art lit and a monitor in the backbox along with a built in screen within the pf.... All three but especially the last two are critical to making the game what it is. Not sure if that will be included here. Regardless I agree that alien Williams would be cool too.

Tech for local Aliens.

The cab might feel different, but given the same playfield, and pitch, the game/layout would still be the same. The way a game shoots is a different thing than the feel of a cabinet, I think. Also if it were in a more mainstream cabinet style, then owners of originals could retain a bit of the limited feel with the unique cabinet. Versus if the machine were made to original specs wholesale, cab included. The cab design was partly about "swapability" which would probably not go anywhere in the future, unless Pinball Brothers decided to produce games and carry on with the "swapping" feature, which surely won't happen. There is Alot to the Heighway cabs that is completely superfluous if the playfield is never going to be swapped, standard cab would cut the cost quite a bit.

Another thing about those cabs, they seem very well built... and friggin Heavy! Lol

With a "new breed" being the same game in a regular cabinet... Everyone could have cake!

#760 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I completely agree. Alien 2.0, if it comes out will be Alien but not the same experience so you almost have two Alien pinball machines. Plus more folks get to enjoy what is an amazing (best of show for me) game out there.

If they have the same playfield, pitch, and code then they definitely aught to be called the same game, since they in fact are. High scores etc. ... same playing field and rules. Can't be called a different game based solely on that it Looks different, the lockdown bar feels different, and the cab is heavier. Lol

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure who's suggesting they be called something different. It should be called the same game but it will feel and likely play differently for the reasons I mentioned already.

You mean play the same?

Or are you talking about redesigning the plaufield and rules? ... you've lost me

What a cabinet feels like has no relationship to how the exact same playfield and rules, shoots. How the cab feels is perception. Game layout is physics. If it is the same it is the same, regardles what kind of cabinet encloses it. You're talking psycological. I mean physical. Scores on each game are still exactly comparable, even if you are put off because "this lockbar feels different". The same game is the same game it is that simple Ha ha

No different than playing current alien with the magazine removed. Feels diffetent.... but, IS the Same!

#764 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Per your words, this is what I mean:
"Feels different.... but, IS the Same!"
If they don't include the screen in the pf, one could argue you would play it a little differently b/c I'm usually looking at that screen too while playing vs having to look up (let alone it wouldn't be nearly as nice without it).

Dude, if it is the same game, it has a screen in the playfield and the game is The Same (who in their right mind is suggesting removing one one of the most important and integral features of the game, the p/f screen ). Different cab with the same playfield inside is the same game no matter how it "feels" to your hands. Scores compete, and they are both called "Alien"

Just like Centaur and Centaur 2. Same game buddy, however the different cab might make you feel (emotionally) lol. Same scores with the game being the same. Cabinet means Nothing for physical gameplay/rules or competition. If it is Alien it is Alien, no matter what cabinet you decide shove it in.

If the Physical Game, and the code, is different (besides the enclosure), fine, that is the only way it is a Different Game... Then give it a new title (not Alien 2).

You can't exclude owners of the originals from the "new Alien" high scores list just because the lockdown feels different to you. There would be more made of a re-run, surely, and with the same game inside it makes no sense at all to have separate game high score lists. They compare just the same given the same code. Other than that, if the game Internally is NEW, then and only then is it a "different game" (and therefore not relevant to this thread at all).

What cabinet style a given game or playfield is in has nothing whatsoever to do with how it shoots or what the rules are or the layout, that's a fact.

#775 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

One thing that I think people are not thinking of is the induction switches vs microswitches. This is a considerable difference in how the game plays to me. Also the cabinet does give the game a different feel to me of how the game plays. The location of the actual flipper buttons is slightly different which does cause a different overall feel. Couple that with the difference in how the lock down bar is implemented and you most certainly have a difference in the feel of the game even if the geometry is exact.

I totally get that. I agree. The switches, the screen, the Lot remain though to fit the thread "Alien ... manufactured again". The same game would barely be viable without retaining the entire system that was developed. If the System is changed, it will almost certainly be a New and Different Game, of course. I think Prometheus would struggle to live up to the Alien vibe myself, and sell poorly in comparison to if Alien was re run as the proven tested game. But that is a different thread topic right there.

Someone is trying to say, however, that even with all hardware, playfield, layout, code... inductive switches, and the whole shooting match, being kept exactly as is, proven, that the different cab alone (to him) means it will be a different game. As if scores can't compare. Misguided to say the least. Maybe even just a little bit hillarious!

#780 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

This is hilarious, people arguing over the quality of game play and features of a remake that doesn't exist.
Continue please, I need the laugh.
QSS

It is pretty funny I rekon! ... since the tread title describes remaking the same game, Alien.

There's no argument to make. A different cab does not make a different game, period. Maybe a good idea to start another thread for the people whom want to discuss a newly developed game

Ranting, that's the pot calling the kettle black! Lmao

Back to the actual topic at hand, hopefully...

#781 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Cool down a bit... what did you mean by you’re wrong anyway. Delt is a big Alien fan and I think he was saying there will be always something special with the original game. That’s it.
The debate on the cabinet is pure speculation and this thread started on info no longer valid.

There arguably won't be anything unique about the Original Game Combination if any rerun were supplied in the identical Original cabinet, it would just be continued production. I think it would be good to simplify the cab for the continued run of the Identical Game, allowing owners of originals to retain the unique attributes of the limited original run.

Still the exact same game though, simply altering the external look of the cab, which is not changing the actual game(play). Scores between new and old runs would compare directly as the same game. Like most Vault Editions, same exact game with a renewed look externally/visually.

Sorry if that confuses people...

Also, the rumours are still around

I would be down to have a WPC style cab version as well! ... but only of the exact same proven game and system. Heads Up!

#795 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

This in and of itself is enough to make the game not only feel different, but play different, as Delt is saying.
Difference is cabs is gonna fundamentally change the types of nudging that happen, the angles nudges happen, the physics of the ball as you interact with the game through physical movements.
Pinball isnt just shooting on a playfield in vacuum, the cabinet matters. If you ain't nudging you ain't trying.

Bunkum. The difference is meaningless, build those triceps and nudge a little extra if you're playing an original. Big deal!

Definitely Nowhere Near enough to justify calling it "different gameplay". That is my opinion, and I think it is very likely disagreement would only be from a finicky few.

You would get SIGNIFICANTLY more difference in gameplay by; fitting different rubbers , changing the playfield pitch , or leaving the legs loose... on an original Alien. The argument about cab making it a "different game" (title) is Completely Re-Dic-U-Lous! Pmsl!

You make it sound like using a WPC style cab would make it 200kg lighter? Lol ... it will be Slightly lighter (might lose 10-20kg Tops!, big deal!), but not enough to make a difference Bigger than the factors mentioned above would make, if they were applied to the original Alien. If I change the rubbers and pitch angle on my Alien, I have to call it a Different Game??. Be realistic.

The "different cab, different game" argument is simply preposterous.

Two different copies of Heighway Alien would exhibit more differences in gameplay between them than a cab change ever would create.

1 month later
#798 4 years ago

It is curious that the topic keeps coming up in the TWIP "inside info".... ?

#799 4 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm not sure how much a cab change would really impact game play but I finally got a chance to play the game at ClePin last weekend (loved the game, so sad it never made it to full production) and one of the guys (no idea who he is) that I played with immediately mentioned how different the flipper button placement is. I have really big hands and didn't really notice it much but if you have smaller hands maybe it would make a considerable difference in how it shoots. As for nudging, that would definitely change even in a regular WPC Widebody cab. I suspect it's the way the legs are recessed into the cab that makes Alien so hard to nudge but man is it ever stable!

Interestingly, as much as the "leg system" and cabinet Looks a little different, it is much the same construction as a regular cabinet corner. The legs are not actually "recessed into" the cabinet at all really, it just appears that way. It is in fact just an additional 10mm or so thick layer of MDF, added to the outside of a more regularly constructed cabinet. Cutouts for legs and coin door give the "recessed appearance".

I have never noticed the Alien to be any more or less stable than my Twilight Zone. Legs bolt on the same. Base cabinet is same material and thickness too.

#801 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you own alien? Just curious b/c you seem very opinionated about how it plays vs other games.
I actually own the game and can confirm it plays and feels different than my other games and would def not feel the same if it was in a WB williams build.
Prob should own the game before being so definitive but well, that ship has sailed.

Needing to become a proficient Alien tech is the only reason I started coming to pinside. Yes I own too many games, my apologies. Unfortunately this is about the only game I have encountered to actually Not Have A Workshop Manual? ... WTF?

My experience clearly differs to yours in some way or another. Doesn't feel significantly different to nudge to me at all, no different than any other monsterously heavy widebody. Matter of opinion, obviously.

Yeah it is very different to nudge than a cardboard stern cabinet, of course, but to me it nudges with the same degree of stability as my TZ ... I am at least comparing similar weight machines.

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

His games list shows he owns Alien Star. Close enough?

Yeah I stopped updating that somewhere after 20... got a bit behind. Sorry.

1 month later
#828 4 years ago

Looking at a variety of obscure information snippets from a range of places, which at first glance might seem to be unrelated... I have some sneaking suspicions.

We'll see Alien at TPF, put together by DR for PB.

3 weeks later
#844 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Wasn't there bets made on if this would be revealed by end of the year? Keep hope alive!!!

Surely if this was hypothetically imminent, they would wait until the announcement of the current generic stern pin is just starting to hype up (over the mediocre theme)... then suck out a heap of that hype by dumping this actual killer theme/pinball game into the public view...

1 month later
#860 4 years ago

Roumor has it the new Aliens is a Mark Ritchie game ? ...

Hotwheels is a non starter. AP could do well if this is their licenced theme

7 months later
#873 3 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

There was definitely a revamp planned, but after repeated attempts it looks like the chances of it becoming a reality are fading

Aligns perfectly with DR's release scedule and scheme ....

2 months later
#884 3 years ago

Alien v Predator wouldn't have been very apealing for me, compared to Alien/Aliens.

Like so many franchises, the 4 or 5 mediocre follow ups make mockery of the great iconic original story and its faithful sequel.

Alien 3 onward, and the prequels/mash-ups, they really kinda sucked imho and I'm being nice. AvP particularly would have been a non starter for me (kill 2 stories/worlds in one swoop good work) where Aliens was a must!. OG Predator though, would have been cool too!!

Not being Alien/Aliens remake wouldn't matter though for me really anyway as I'm lucky enough to already have the game.

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wish they werent dropping the LCD though.
For owners, does the LCD provide much?

Quoted from Manny65:

Yep I'm with you, especially liked it for the motion tracker - makes more sense being on the PF.
Anyway I'm really excited that this might get up, as it is a grail theme for me - I really liked what the development team had created, the code, integration of the movie clips and callouts, great sound package all just came together. Look forward to seeing what they come out with.

Absolutely! ... that playfield display, and not having to look up at all while you're playing, and the atmosphere added... without the display half of the games special appeal is gone. That is my humble opinion. We all love it!

There are several ways Some owners might be able to go (to get a new playfield display game together) depending what is eventuating, if there is similarity enough that code being used, back porting, same code for both versions just with settings or options... so then being able to fit a playfield display and mirco playfield to the new game (perhaps updated old game hardware too, non USB still with the same old PF display and boards)... and run it on the same code as an old machine would. Depends if they turn out with common code. Still makes no sense to remove the smaller cheap display that is amazing and keep the big display that you need to look up at and costs heaps.

No Playfield display... that would be a big bummer. Old games could hold more value then though too... we'll see I guess.

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I agree with your opinion that the playfield screen may be damaged after a few games... but not the screen is the problem.
My experience is, that the edges of the coating may break, so I decided to use a sheet of mylar over there - and it works very well.
I saw this issue on Heighways' Full Throttle first.
So after this easy improvement no problem at all.
[quoted image]

Ran into this myself with a friends game. PF protector (properly installed) is fantastic.

Mate is pissed with himself that he did not get me to put one on as soon as it came out of the box.

I'd recomend never running an Alien without one.

The playfield display, only useless if you don't know about weapons or where/what to glance at for various critical information on that display. Once you know the familiar information you need to glance for, the dplayfield display becomes integral and essential to the game that is Heighway Alien.

I did find it non essential initially... before I knew how to play the game properly, learned what its about a few hundred games later... now realiae the game doesn't work fully without it. So I get that alot of people don't appear to comprehend its reason.

Deleting the PF screen would be a really bad decision for them, and lessen the games value way more than what the playfield display would actually cost. If a screen needs to be deleted the most sensible to get rid of is the expensive underutilised backbox display (which is really just for spectators, low res on high def display too?). The graphics look great, and apropriately sized, on the little playfield display because the graphics were designed For the 10" display and Not the backbox display which was optional.

Actually, the backbox display doesn't really need to be bigger than about 17" or so, realistically. That would be a big saving in and of itself.

#956 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Heighway: 3 years and 3 machines

What's this third machine? ... I thought there was just Full Throttle and Alien?

#959 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Can somebody tell what the alarm sirene in the bb beacons was intend to use for?
I have dismantled the beacons and found a small black sirene in the beacons but the wires were cut off.
Obviously one more wire is missing to switch the sirene on or off seperately.
Should the alarm bell even when the lights are active or was there an idea so use the alarm on or off in a special game situation or was the sirene just part of this beacon version without any purpose to use that?

Probably part of the repurposed industry equipment... disabled or delete for the pinball application.

Although, there is a "topper 2" output, isn't there?

What does that do? .... when active? or never?

#986 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The Pinball Brothers aren't situated in the States?

Correct

#999 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

were the pinball brothers successful in getting sigourney weaver on board this time, or did she blow them off, yet again?
[quoted image]

It sounded more like it was simply beyond thier budget... I recall a comment along the lines of "Ripley Was available" but that they chose not to include. Probably more money than it would have been worth, and the game doesn't seem to need those assets anyway.

It seems they blew her off, too pricey, not the other way around.

#1034 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes I couldn't make sense of the 2nd magnet in that previous posted image ...

That first view with new magnet on the left was a view from bottom of plaifield. Reverso. Same exact position. Only the two magnets been shown so far (original Xeno and Chestburster, no 3rd magnet has been shown).

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

this is then a second magnet at the chestburster shot? Then what was posted before makes it 3 magnets?

Same magnet, just from underside view. No 3rd magnet. Someone even put an under playfield photo alongside drawing, a couple of posts later, so people had some reference.

#1038 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Yes that I understood, BUT I am also referring to an earlier post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/18#post-5980281
Apparently in a very first desgin there was a magnet to get the ball out of the right orbit to feed it to the right upper flipper; I thought it was that.
This magnet just sits above the upper flipper and can't do much more than stop the ball when trying to make the chestburster shot?

The way I read that, same second magnet, but had to be moved because of interfering with slide, and so second magnet could not any longer pull from the orbit. I seen nothing in that post that suggested a Thrid magnet, just that the second chest burster magnet could not go where they wanted it to so that it could divert from the orbit.

#1045 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

From experience I can say it is very easy.
A company can just sell anything, this means IP (patents), products, rights, assets. As long as it is not claimed by another party as well you can do it without problems. You can sell the things for a bargain and get away with it easily legally speaking.
Entities who had contracts with Heighway can not claim anything easily, because it is dissolved.
Now where it becomes maybe legally interesting: they may now re-use artwork and design from people that were never actually paid.
Depending on how the contracts were it may give room to start a claim.
However, this is costly and you need to find out under which governing law you can do this (UK, Sweden?).
Individuals will quickly give up in this case; too expensive, too much risk to get nothing.
PB probably realizes this so they will give things a slight touch up so it looks different making it more difficult.

Code and boardset might be interesting, for original Alien owners. They did take on support for the original games.

Interesting to see what unfolds here, around cross compatibility.

#1046 3 years ago
Quoted from locke987:

Looks like their plan is to add the weapon status on the playfield instead of the playfieled screen. that could make sense...

Except losing the playfield ambush effect and hypersleep MB etc. ... removing the immersion becomes a big loss I rekon.

#1091 3 years ago

The game certainly changed Alot from where it began .....

alienOGlayout (resized).jpgalienOGlayout (resized).jpg

I gather this would be mostly AH/HP original ideas. Changed for the better definitely, thanks to the input of a combination of experienced designers.

Also noting there, the game was designed and coded/integrated around a playfield screen from its very inception. One of its strong points.

#1143 3 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

3) Do something with the screen in the back. It's right above a scoop so it should indicate what next scoop shot does. Else get rid of it. Right now it has a static graphic, wasteful.

It absolutely does indicate what the next scoop shot does, nothing if it's the closed door of course, but when lit it has the mode title written large with a bouncing down arrow above the scoop. What more could you want?

The only time it has the static door on there is when it is unlit in regular play, the rest of the time (when lit for mode, or during mode) it displays useful information, including time remaining in timed modes, and which weapon is in your hand (since this isn't on main screen while in modes). It certainly isn't wasteful with the current code, in fact it works very well imho.

#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

It’s in PBs interest to not support this, so people move on to the new game.
I recall they were already difficult on the 1.4 release. If there would be support, they would’ve let this know during the last 2 years.

Being difficult can be explained if they are planning on using it on the new version. Common code, using optionals (old/new rendition settings), could be a good outcome for All.

It may well be The Same Game, nothing about moving on to a new game. It is in their interest to support it, the coulpe of hundred that exist. They are not "competition". For what reason would they not want to support the OG version all of a sudden now?

They still signed up for support of existing games, responsibility. Cuts a crapton of work in developing to keep the OS and code as well (just fix USB, rest is okay), and also fulfils obligation of support they apparently signed up to for the original games.

Still been finding bugs in 1.4, I wouldn't call it finished.

#1163 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Wow a new alien machine? Thats awesome. I wonder how different itll be . I hope it has all the fixins. Now what to do with this original one I have that I spent so much time on, and this haunted machine broke my leg and caused a small electrical fire.. Hmm..

Keep it!

No PF Screen!

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

1.4 is not perfect, but neither is it bad.
I mean all modes are in and they work, so generally the game is fine with some small tweaks to be made here and there.
For me my hobby is mostly modding and tweaking, so that's why Alien was such an interesting specimen. Everyone told me to stay away from it, but I love it, and will not sell my game anytime soon.

Pretty sure this is a new bug I encountered just tonight, Jaw looping "Scream" at game end...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/561#post-5999969

There is a fair list been brewing though ... Tounge halt, and Start button doesn't light are two others I know of offhand.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

bc26697427722d661172e4baac37f94b002eca2a.jpeg (resized).jpgbc26697427722d661172e4baac37f94b002eca2a.jpeg (resized).jpg

20201209_225842 (resized).jpg20201209_225842 (resized).jpg

bc26697427722d661172e4baac37f94b002eca2a.jpeg (resized).jpgbc26697427722d661172e4baac37f94b002eca2a.jpeg (resized).jpg

Plenty of changes under the apron, probably a good thing...

#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

That has the playfield LCD cut out?

Yes old vs new. That is an OG Heighway playfield. New is pictured in the quote.

Point is I'm looking at beneath the apron area. We know the screen is gone already as pictured up the page a bit.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks man, got it, thought this was a recent pic.

It is very recent I just snapped it

Spare playfield

#1199 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah but look at the coindoor and trough area too... this looks alot more like traditional cutouts for wms style coindoors and bill validators.

I think that's what I meant by "beneath the apron area".... and yes!

The actual point of my post way back there got distracted by an old screen hole

Also big trough cutout, so probably not such a deep trough. All good things. Hopefully a decent Apron setup too, it needed that.

#1212 3 years ago

So what part is that?

#1223 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

sometimes you have to dangle a little playfield, a little switch, or a little knob to make people excited. Just the way it is I guess. Next they will show us a little leg.

.... Wait til after that, when you see the apron lift up a little bit!

..... I'd much rather wait til we get the Full Flash, Under the Apron, Legs, and Everything .... now just expose All!!! ... Get Into it! .

#1225 3 years ago

I kinda wondered why it was that Back Alley Creations would come out with a variant of the pop bumper egg which is open, but matches the standard all closed egg tops. A new mold, to sell 50-100?. Well after the bust. The original eggs are from the same maker afaik, both available. I'd say we will see pop bumpers with a mix of closed and open pop bumper eggs.

#1238 3 years ago
Quoted from DDDwingmaster:

That metal part can be seen in the top middle of this picture.[quoted image]

Ahh so it is possibly a diverter or gate to allow hypersleep to feed habitrail and hold balls.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Who’s manufacturing this game?
AP?

Someone in Europe.

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Compared to a Stern Pro/Premium where should this fall pricing-wise based on its features?

In ditching the screen they've made it a gutted out stern Pro, 7k max for the no screens option, one would certainly expect. No central screen and no big screen either, no way 10k is justifiable. Atmosphere is gone to boot.

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Small company, no way this is only 7k....

I know right, I suppose I'm saying this thing isn't looking like it's going to be any kind of great value at all imho (if it comes to anything near 10k). Could have retained a well integrated relatively low cost display, and gained value way more than it's actual cost.

Without the screen... people whom haven't played the game 50 rounds have no concept of what is being taken from the game by removing a screen that at the end of the day saves relatively little $ yet takes away the whole core and atmosphere of the game.

Was a certainly a unique high end game originally, however the VE is looking clearly like it is not going to be. It's just shaping up to be "Alien Pro". ... and probably for 12.5k

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/561#post-6010783

The only way I see anyone not getting the screen is if they have not been really into the game properly and played current code on a decent copy of the game... fair too that there is very little good gameplay video of the reliable games on updated code either. No screen would have been a deal braker for me, if I wasn't already in Alienland. Especially if jacked up price too.

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I never really thought the screen was very good to be honest.

So you missed something or just not that into Alien theme?. Someting else? . There would be some reason I guess?

For me I actually don't like the look of the inserts art either, as well on top, it essentially looks really tacky to me. Just a major cut down of the full game removing the core. Replacing with rainbow colours.

PB setting themselves up for a fail it looks like to me, but maybe I'm wrong and alot of Alien lovers aren't so fussed about theme integration and atmosphere....

#1299 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Cause that would suck. Out of place pinball call outs that won't sound like they belong, always the worst part of Elvira pins. Quotes from the film would be ok.
JMO

Totally agree. This is not a comedy title. Thank jebus for that too, because prior to Alien and others like Spooky games there were basically no thriller themes that weren't ruined by laying on too thick with simple toilet humor or whatever... A laugh's great, but lame jokes just wind up annoying after enough years.

#1349 3 years ago

Looks like lit weapon standups there?. ... so white instead of green? (see the light dot same as Xeno standups)

Hopefully they switched to leafs, those SMD switches are so prone to failure.

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

so are these 'new' pics or pics of the old ones? Anyone can tell?

Quoted from razorsedge:

Looks like lit weapon standups there?. ... so white instead of green? (see the light dot same as Xeno standups)
Hopefully they switched to leafs, those SMD switches are so prone to failure.

The pics have been of something different since the earliest twittet pics some weeks ago.

#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Wll look at this way. Your game will be special - as one of the 200 games that are with the playfield LCD and the AlienR owners will have a new game, in the same vein to enjoy.

I don't care... who's selling Lol

Just that poor potential remake buyers get a cut down version, missing an undeniably integral aspect. It is the visual aspect of integration and immersion that disapears without the playfield display so the game is definately less immersive without it, like it or not. More will be spewin' than not, to be sure. It is a dumb move to ditch its integration. Just stating the obvious, as unfortunate as it is for so many.

Could have been much much more demand than there will be now if no PF display option exists, for such small cost saving to the end buyer (if any). Would be unfortunate for alot of Alien people, but s#it happens I spose.

Quoted from eb94114:

Any chance that maybe an "LE" or upgraded model would have the LCD on the playfield?

Now this Would make for a smart move!!

#1375 3 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There's still a very good chance that the LCD will still be on the game even if it's no longer in the middle of the playfield. LCD screens themselves don't add much to the BOM if the assets are already coded.

Although anywhere but centre of playfield loses the effect of visuals, info and scenes right in front of your eyes without looking away from the action. In the apron, might as well not bother and look up at the backbox like the olden days. Look away to focus on a tiny apron screen, or glance at big backbox screen. Same. It only belongs in one place to be useful, where it was designed for.

#1376 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wonder if the newer parts are still going to be compatible with our older machines.?

Some new Xeno targets would be great, if they have been upgraded to leaf switches. The SMD switches are absolutely hopeless.

Looks like some parts that will cross over, but also many that will not.

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Speak for yourself. I played the game at an expo, and i wasnt thrilled about the LCD. Yeah it was nice, but really didnt care for it much.
The game-play and music were top notch which is a much more important factor for me.

Until I played several hundred games I was the same as you. PF Screen is over reted. Thought that through two shows, and then a few dozen private games on my mates... then not until I had my own did I actually "get" it, seen what it does once you Use it. Hundreds of games in.

You never know if the grass is greener, unless you tried it.

The screen might not be something people "get" before they know the game well. Just an observation. But if people don't know what they're missing its a moot point, fair enough I guess.

New pinball whichever way, Good Job!

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Modders are ready to pounce . Bring it on.

Playfields with display windows are still sitting stagnant at Mirco, after all. Question is how much updating would be required to upgrade the playfield to LE (PF display) if it turns out possible, and will the display assets remain the same enough so that the PF display would still work as intended in the new machines.

Common code or not will be the clincher. Either two different code builds for each version, or the same code build for both with option settings to suit which physical game version it is applied to. The later would seem to be the most sensible and cost effective, keeping one lot of code updated rather than two lots. Alot hinges on whether the code is shared between versions or not.

Quoted from locke987:

I'm looking forward to the pictures of owners cutting holes in the playfield with the jigsaw

No doubt this will happen somewhere Lol ... and so emphasise how Most would Really Want the Playfield Display instead of the gutted out version... Mirco may soon become sold out of their never to be made again Heighway Alien Playfield stocks ....

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What type of code would be needed? Seems that second display was nothing more then a mirror splitter of the primary screen. Personally never seen a value added having it but looked nice.

Playfield screen was designed for there, then mirrored what was meant for a 10 inch display to the backbox, not the other way around.

I wonder how many assuming the display is pointless have actually played through Hypersleep Multiball? ... the PF display is what makes that mode so audio visually awesome.

By code differences, I mean support for differences to be activated/deactivated depending on game version. Such as Chestburster magnet (would be disabled for an original game) ... and insert layout/existence (for weapons, new lit standups, and guns. Active or not depending if there is a display, OG or Remake) ... also other things. This concept also would allow for an LE remake with a screen, as well as support updates for the OG Alien. All with the one lot of code.

Would depend on how much the old hardware differs from the new, it is a good system save for the USB and lack of cabinet cooling/airflow cooking everything. Code obviously would need to work on the old hardware as well as the new board-set for common code. Not likely perhaps because it might be restrictive and hard, but yet feasible to save a mountain of re-working All the code, or porting.

Maybe 2 or 3 versions of code that can run on both/either hardware systems, even.

We will soon see I guess. It will certainly be interesting!

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Why do you assume everyone wants an LCD in the playfield just because that's what you prefer?

I never said "everyone". If you read more carfuly and objectively I state "most".

Most people saying it is meaningles probably haven't played more that 100 games either I suspect, but of course there will always be the few whom just hate the playfield display no matter what. Fair enough, I'll wager they are a slim minority though.

I don't know anyone whom has played more than 100 games of Alien whom does not see the PF display as central to the immersion and integration. What is Audio Visual without the immersive Visual? .... A. Just Audio.

I don't notice any detractors that seem to have played more than a few dozen games at a show or whatever. With a few dozen games played there is no way anyone has seen more than about a quarter of the ways the display is utilised in amazing ways. Nor yet graspes the meaning of the variety of video effects that come into play for many of the deeper modes.

Of course still some will hate even after fully exploring the game, but still the majority would see the purpose and consider it integral, since it actually is. Plenty is lost without the display right there. That's all.

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I guess for me ignorance is bliss then, as I have never played Alien with the PF display, so I won’t miss something I’ve never experienced. I am just very excited to get a chance to own the game just as I was when MMr came out. Tomorrow will be an exciting day in Pinball!

Yes indeed, I get that. Yes it will be exciting, and a great game still even without the display.

As long as they don't try to charge as though the display didn't get pulled. Changing the cabinet to a more basic design will be one of the biggest cost savigs. My persistence is just about the significance of the display to the theme integration, and people claiming it added nothing.

I mean, more is lost from the game than what the display would cost. Value. It was good value. Imho. The cabinet kinda wasn't.

I like the cabinet, it's very cool. But unlike the display, the cabinet does not warrant it's cost. Lose the cabinet but keep display, full game retained, cabinet doesn't matter for Gameplay immersion, but the display does.

I rekon that if it had the display it would justify way more $ on the Machine Selling Price, than what including the display Costs the manufacturer.

Reverse all of that for the cabinet.

Yes it is a perception thing. Different strokes. Subjective. What value on "stuff". Everybody different.

#1734 3 years ago

We're still in the "Chicago Gaming" section .... what point does it get to before the game can be in an appropriate section?, I don't know... "Pinball Brothers" section? ... or "New Pinball" section?

It was a speculation thread to start with that has now turned out to be wrong, and so is not in the right forum category at all, for what it's become. I think we know enough to fix it now don't we.

#1735 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I would be watching the pf screen for info and immersion, not looking up at the backbox for the same immersion, and taking your eyes off the pf. I think the pf screen exclusion is a big step backward, and i still dont understand why.
[quoted image]

Exactly. Leveling the lens only requires simple accurate engineering solution. Heighway method was not good, but they even kinda sorted that slapstick setup by the end. Bad engineering, like with much of the underlying cabinet characteristics, was an issue. A playfield protector solves everything, but I understand some will not want a game which includes a playfield protector as a requirement either. Not hard to make flush installation foolproof either, just requires applying some intelligent thought.

#1746 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

... in the podcast PB said LE playfield will be same as standard edition. Which basically answered the question of will the monitor be part playfield for LE. .....

PB on the LV in the interview (2:08) the exact words are "From a gameplay point of view it won't change the playfield" .... does not exclude adding back in the playfield display since it does not affect layout or gameplay. Considering their words carefully, seems the word choice was careful not to suggest the playfield display was definitely in nor out..

If I really was hoping for the playfield display to be in an LV PB Alien and wanted to give my feedback on the issue, I'd probably be contacting PB so that they know what I think about it.

https://www.pinballbrothers.com/contact/

However I'm not in the market for a new game myself, so not really for me to contact them about it.

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

In a perfect world the LE would have the larger backbox display and the playfield display, but it's hard to see either after listening to the podcast. Looking forward to seeing what they do with it...will be a long 6+ months.

To me it suggested the playfield display is undoubtedly one of the features still under consideration. The fact they deliberately worded Around counting it out, means if enough are asking for it then they would probably Keep it in their LV plans. Why? ... because they can.

None of their words suggested no PF display for the LV. My take from several listens in detail is that it is likely to have the playfield screen if LV potential buyers are screaming for it. Not set in stone at this stage, but to me the suggestion is that their LV plan currently includes EVERYTHING and MORE than they can have.

2:09:00 "from a Gameplay point of view it won't change the playfield!" . Emphasising the narrow point of view for the statment.

2:09:50 *Everything is on the table and more than realistically possible, is on the LV extra features list, for consideration* . So to me PF Lcd is certainly one of the things on the consideration list for the LV. Just depends on what feedback they get about it, I rekon.

Remembering as well, it is called Promotion! ... Talking PF Screens Right Now is Not promoting their current product, so natural to be talking up the model without a screen! .... and just Ignoring undecided details of the LV for the time being.

This Alien is the "Pro" Model, it has what it needs... the operators preference I would think. It is good and they should be talking up no screen, and how well inserts still work for functionality!

Fair too to be sort of Glossing Over the fact that when Sentry Guns is active, shooting the spinner causes (instead of two flashing inserts) display domination of the playfield fullscreen, animation of Sentry Guns, Flashing and Firing!!! . Tuned with the sounds. Can Not Miss It In Your Face!

#1777 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

... Trying to say he was careful with his words and it may be added is dreaming.

I ain't dreaming. Nor am I really fussed at all. I am however interested, and relaying the fact of what was said, word specific and within their own context. Lost on some perhaps I don't know. Also that the entire point of the interview is to Not promote PF screens for this particular versions release, and Specifically avoid anyone getting hyped at the possibility. Of course they do not want Everyone holding off for the LE once they realise display could happen, which almost everyone would want once realising what it's about. The excuse put forward is just that by PB, it is a non issue as posted by so many, and simply a good believable reason they can put forward that aligns with their "Pro" mission, which they also outlined. Most of the assumptions you made there are a bit misguided and do not match what was actually talked about. Think more objectively, listen harder, Imho. Lol

If they threw it out forever they would have said it in plain words no doubt, which they did not. The earlier mention to forgetting the screen and why was of course in direct reference and context to getting out this Pro version they are releasing currently. Hearing words is fine, but if you only listen to half the words you will only get half the story.

The screen will be in if enough are petitioning for it. Simple as that mate.

#1778 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm not even talking about that alien. I've owned multiple. I just recently sold an Alien - never had any issues with that game. That was my point. People have questions about the accuracy of their own responses pm me first before speaking so we stop the fake news bs.
Aliens, many of them have issues. Could they have issues, the ones that were perfect, including my last one? Of course - we all know inherently there were issues and it's always a risk buying them but everyone knows this. I'm simply stating that for the owners who safe saying no issues, I can understand as my last one didn't have any.

Two NIB I dealt with here had no serious issues just the plastic gear servo to sort out. 2 from 2 .... sorry small sample size I know

I got myself a used one that needed a bit of TLC, I think it is a bit earlier one where upgrades were attempted (SE065)... sweet now tho!!

#1820 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

First they've got to build enough to fill a good sized container to make it economically feasible.
Sounds like they are gonna take the early builds slow-good idea- I would guess the first north American shipment arrives in march, at best.
Message from Archeron Freeeek Kingdom.

Didn't they say a rate of 200 per month?

Quoted from Mercifull:

Makes you wonder why they said the LV was going to have a run of 500, missed a trick there by not going for 426

I would think they would number each LV from 1 - 500. The "pro" having it's own set of build numbers we should hope.

Quoted from Yipykya:

At 2:08:00 in the podcast they never did say definitively exactly how many total LV's will be made, only that they have a plan for making Limited Versions and they assume it will be 500 but "at least not more than 500. " Not sure how to interpret that.

LV-426 would Certainly be a part of what is on the radar .... But not just that, also a Pro426.

#1824 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

It could take 3, 4 months to build 200 if they ramp up slowly, or have parts, or build problems.

Well it is an Italian manufacturing company with manufacturing experience, details begin from after 2hrs14min.

The manufacturing mob have been working on/with actual parts since October and the initial batch for setting up their line is in production now (by Italian company). Taking "2-3 months from now to kind of get up to speed ... after that hoping for 100 plus a month" (so already part of the way to there by now as well).

"They have Large Factories" .... "They say they can ramp up to actually whatever numbers we want in the first year or so"

First games at cointaker beginning of January 2021, sealed containers straight to CT... and sounds like plenty of upscale capacity for production after QC is established.

This game seems like Great value!!! ... the display missing is fine at this price point.

It looks like there could be alot of them .... second wave..... ALIEN INVASION!!!

*new film

#1832 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the game any good?

Gameplay/Layout/Rules/Shots are great!!. My opinion.

And set to get better ...

#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

They already said they cant make it reliable. What they are going to backteack and say its fine now?

On the display "issues". This was specifically with reference to getting the first version out the door. A good "reason" (read excuse). Not having it in the launch version simply eliminates a perceived possible risk. They are playing extra safe to start up, that's all.

#1846 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sound is fantastic.
How’s the code in general? Does it feel complete?

This was from our recent meet... new player to the game.

This was beforehand off the cuff... still had Xeno sticking the vid was from before sorting that. Was just sticky old grease from assembly gone gummy, stripped and cleaned after this, no worries now clean with dry lube instead. This particular vid shows alot of modes though including completing tunnel hunt, and Hypersleep multiball, twice...

This one also may capture the audio atmosphere better

#1853 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Wait what? Are there sirens or speakers contained inside the beacons? Or do you mean it's noisy via the code when the beacons are active?
If there's a noise maker in the beacons that can't be adjusted for volume control I wonder if using a gob of tape or some other material would quiet it down. ???

My geared beacons are totally silent, but 24v motors.

#1854 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Aren't the white turrets like an insert that lights up during play modes? Like the white inserts in between them?

That's the ammo clip for Sentry Guns, shoot off one on each orbit. Shots add ammo, Sentry Guns Multiball qualifies after 1000 rounds are built up. Only multiball that is stackable, but it can only stack by starting it during another MB. See vids above.

#1858 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What is the sound system like on these? I didn't see that there are any real changes coming there. Decent?

Second video has the better mic pickup... and more modes ... shaky video at start.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/37#post-6025228

My geared beacons came silent without rubber insulators. Depends which ones you get maybe.

#1865 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Sentry guns, not turrets, thankyou. The new ones that replaced the playfield screen with the 2 columns of 5 white insert boxes between them. They're not in the videos with the playfield screen. That's a separate muzzel flash insert in front of each at the barrel tip, right? All that lights up with colored lights from underneath, right? I think we might be talking about different things. [quoted image]

Nope if you watch the vids, the sentry guns when it is made the entire screen does the flashing instead of a little insert. No Sentry Gun "magazine bars" for the display version... when you have a PF screen the actual detailed ammo count number/progress is in the large boxes as an actual number, main playfield display, upper right quadrant. Using inserts the effect is still present but much reduced in detail. Maybe easier to see progress if you do not know where to look, but that is all that could be an "improvement" for insert sentry guns.

Those white insert stacks (ammo clip for the sentry guns) are just worth 200 rounds per square, unmissable, but without showing the exact detailed count.

#1869 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Agreed, I'm thinking the pics from the flyers are place holders. I hope. Maybe all that white imagery that replaced the playfield screen is just missing the colored insert lenses.

I don't think that will happen. The screen going wouldn't be anywhere near as rough if what filled the space matched the theme and didn't contrast or clash so much with virtually every other area of the game. The Sentry Guns on the playfield should be coloured in, differentiating them from the completely unrelated 5 "weapons" inserts.

That is the too much white, the Sentry Guns themselves. Just the white bar magazine stacks on their own would have been okay. The way it is might make the player assume "Sentry Guns" is another one of the weapons you use as well, when it is not.

The inserts will stay clear, but they would be RGB lit. Can only hope some of the white might get filled in somehow.

Sentry guns ammo progress is shown on the main playfield default display graphic, and you know you start it because the black and yellow "SAFE" to "ARMED" switchover fills the whole playfield screen...

#1871 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yep, fingers crossed. I can see where using colored insert lenses defeat the purpose of using RGB lighting underneath. But for the ammo count blocks in the no playfield screen version what other color would be used other than green? Or were they yellow in the movies?
I guess if they turned red when your getting low on ammo that would be a nice effect.

The idea is to burn out all the ammo at the orbits, then reload at Xeno and Scoop. Go again, as long as the MB lasts for you.

#1872 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yep, fingers crossed. I can see where using colored insert lenses defeat the purpose of using RGB lighting underneath. But for the ammo count blocks in the no playfield screen version what other color would be used other than green? Or were they yellow in the movies?
I guess if they turned red when your getting low on ammo that would be a nice effect.

Display based digital counter in the movies, just as is shown on the playfield display.

The playfield display was definately a significant part of the theme integration and using assets well... boldly, in your face.

I recommend the longer vid, it does show alot.

Hypersleep Multiball is one of my favorite modes.

#1875 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Interesting - not sure if this was posted before.
I was browsing this:
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2020/12/18/alien-remake-announced/
And ran across this show room link:
http://www.pedrettigaming.it/en/chi-siamo

The manufacturer.

#1880 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Would be fine if it was on the apron like in potc imo.

Looking away, may as well not bother, or just sticking with the backbox is no different than on the apron. Ie. Away from the play area or out of normal playing view, and also way too small for the video effects to have any significant meaning. Not in your face anymore.

Imho. Apron display completely pointless for replacing anything that the PF display does in Alien here. Simply way too small now mostly, but also very inconvenient position which is as much of a setback as in the backbox. Complete waste of time.

Better off with 27" in the backbox so you get some flashing in the peripheral vision at least that isn't microscopic to try see.

#1953 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

In the podcast, they said that Pedretti has been acquiring parts and setting up for production but games haven't started to be manufactured yet - Cointaker have filled their spots for Q1 2021 which I think was 65 pins (possibly 1 container??) so guessing late Feb/Mar timeframe. But we may see some machines pop up locally in Europe earlier than this for testing and promos
Edit: just re-listening to the podcast and they do state that they'd like to have Cointaker showing off some games in early January

They actually said Pedretti is currently manufacturing the first batch, ie. in progress Now, cointaker early January.

Pedretti had alien parts in-hand to set up for production quite some time ago, early in October! ... also stated.

#1987 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have never seen one of these games so I’m just commenting on the picture posted below. The backboard head is not nearly as wide as most machines. Looks weird but probably just because I’m not used to it. Also, there doesn’t seem to be a removable translite. Is this correct? Are there any electronics in the head to access other than the lighting for the art and display? All the electronics are in the cabinet then? How about the playfield rails? Are they similar to most games in how you pull it out and lift it up to rest it on the head? What other differences are notable in these games? Could any of you original owners post pics of the insides of this game. [quoted image]

Also remembering this is a widebody, the backbox appears to be only slightly narrower than WPC, maybe a tad taller, so perhaps closer to DE/SEGA size BB. Most games these days are standard width (aside from some JJP), so perhaps not used to seeing widebodies anymore.

#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m assuming that is a rendered pic, the back box should look like any other Williams wide body game.

I don't think that is a rendered pic. They would be mad to have not assembled and tested a few copies.

Also why would they got to the extreme lengths of creating such an effort hungry and detailed render when they can just take a pic?

If it is a render it is definitely no 5 minute job, with fingerprints and debris or whatnot on the apron, and some other giveaways. I seriously doubt the image comes from anything other than an actual camera.

#2056 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The only thing I can think of that I would like to see on my old ancient no good alien le , is
Some polish on the code with multi balls . Instead of just ending I would like to see a cut scene like the newt multi ball which says “you failed “ or something similar for turret multiball etc

What is "Turret MB"?? ... do you maybe mean Sentry Guns?

#2058 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes that and ambush .

The code is pretty good now, but still far from complete or bug free I'd say. It seems pretty obvious now at this point there will be more updates for Heighway Alien and Full Throttle.

#2060 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Are there any clips missing from the original? Sound or video?

I haven't noticed anything missing per say.

An example of bugs is the "Player 1" video animation running when it is player 3 turn. You know it is player 3 turn because of the score displays though. I have it on video. Also had the jaw stuck in a scream loop through to attract mode, until reset in the portal/menu. I think this was from an instant ball drain which rebounded from a Xeno hit that made "Two Xenomorphs to go" (which calls to the jaw for "scream").

#2062 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If there is an Alien owner who is interested in compiling an actual list of bugs (with details like steps-to-reproduce), that could be beneficial info to provide the Pinball Brothers team.

I can start jotting down things I find onto a list for Alien. The game is onsite at the mo. Some stuff will get missed (due to public players) but also play will vary a bit which might help expose undiscovered less common stuff (like the multiplayer video bug).

Is there debug or log info produced by the code, that can be accessed or downloaded from the game? ... or will this only happen by running in some sort of "debug mode"?

I will bring the game back to the workshop soon, it will be easier there to identify and record bugs. ... plus we get to test (play) more !

I'm sure there would also be a FT owner or two about somewhere willing to record reproduceable bugs for that one.

#2066 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I remember trying for a bit after Brian released 1.4, but generally only play 1 or 2 player games and really couldn't catch any. His magic on that rev pretty much minimized the LED flashes (really only noticable if your watching for it and much less frequent.
Changing the 12v power supply to a proper unit, along with proper lacing of the USB cables really made a major change, and has kept this machine running fine. Believe Mike (timebandit) had almost broke the oddities in the I/O board, causing the need to disable the protection circuit (it's been a while since that was discussed though).
Anyway - More Aliens for more to play is a good thing for pinball. There is no way even 200 of these are living in final release/ stable format, so excitement is genuine (classic sci-fi horror theme that appeals to many). I want to believe.....badly. Hope to see flipping games and actual manufacturer support soon.
Doubtful anyone (even Andrew) go into these things with malice, but rather, passion and belief in the product. Clarity should certainly appear in relative short term (year or 2).

You've never seen the Xeno Jaw go into an endless scream loop at drain, straight after 3rd last Xeno hit?

Does this reproduce on your game?

I'm gonna have a crack at reproducing it this evening when I get back from work.

#2068 3 years ago
Quoted from locke987:

I still doubt that future code updates will be provided for original aliens as well. If the rumors are true, there will be some changes in the technology (e.g. no more IO boards?). Additionally, game elements like the physical airlock or the additional magnet will change. All this will probably not make it so easy to provide the code 1 on new and old aliens.
Providing official code for the original Alien also means to support it in case of a bug - I can't imagine that Pinball Brothers can and will support the Highway Alien.(
What I could imagine is that PB releases the source code and the community can develop the code (maybe with the support of Brian and the approval of PB) further.
Any other opinions on this?

We will see. I believe the new firmware would have been redesigned in a way that the original code would run on it, why change for no reason and port or alter every bit of code? ... that makes no sense to me.

The interview only suggests code changes for physical playfield updates such as the chestburster, varying inserts and lit standups, and hypersleep locks. Meaning it has likely Not been changed for suiting different architecture. They only said Boards have been split up and made smaller for servicability. Also the LED and switches are SMD on the boards so no sockets.

Would not make sense to change the code for the same game, not at all really.

Also there is this:

2020-12-24-00-21-16.png2020-12-24-00-21-16.png

Which basically spells out that PB is supporting Heighway products. Same as for the last couple of years. I think non Alien owners might have missed that bulletin at tge time Heighway was collapsing.

So yeah, there's that too.

#2071 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You mean Spaceballs chest buster singing mode. [quoted image]

LOL ! ... Yes!!

#2073 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nope....I was very curious about that mech, reading about horrors with early versions while waiting on my direct preorder .
Took mine completely apart when I actually acquired a game, even though it was working fine. Already had the new metal gear and cased jaw stepper motor in hand, swapped it out. Used white contact glue ( hear transfer) for board heat sink, a touch of hot glue on the micro connectors. Mine came w the keyed metal servo gear. Checked everything, reassembled, and have never had an issue w it.
Was concerned at first ( back to the " no factory to call if I got stuck" thing), but it's really not hard to work on.

The tongue jaw mod would be a much easier thing if the recess in the nylon block was machined out to a squarer profile rather than the restrictive full radius arch that it currently has. Then the tongue jaw could be a simple bolt on mod!. Or better PB could Add that too!! ? @PinballBrothers

#2075 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Did anybody ever come out with an inner jaw mod for the xenomorph? I am not a fan of cosmetic mods in general, but the “magnet on a stick” is screaming for something like this and I’d gladly pay for it on my SE.

Sort of...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/562#post-6016076

PB need to modify the nylon body. I had to take some out of it so there was room on the top half of the recess. No compromise on strength or substance, just would be one step more involved machining operation.

I haven't the capacity to make alot of these at all really, but anyone is welcome to take the idea and run with it. Problem with me making them also is that I machined out my head block in order for it to fit (not severely, just squared up the arch radius they have in there).

#2077 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

This is razorsedge upgraded tongue. Note that PB are improving the gearing but agree that we need something like this (assuming PB change the inner mouth)
[quoted image]

Also the jaw here has had Significant alteration to the servo arrangement to get full jaw operation*

Nothing that couldn't be implemented with minor changes.

Includes a "servo saver" link, to guard against electronic or mechanical damage When there might be a switch failure or whatever (tongue can remain out while jaw tries to close). Also a counterweight because that thing is Heavy!

I implemented all this, as when I got my used Alien, the jaw was jammed against the standups and the servo controller board was blown. I didn't want it happening again.

I'd be happy for any/all of these concepts to be adopted into an LV

#2080 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It's a great mod mate - clearly showing your skills
I was surprised how malleable the metal was for getting the bend on the inner teeth given how small this is. Certainly would be keen to get this mod on a new Alien if possible

Feasibly it would probably be some kind of plastic, but if they wanted to go to town for the LV they would fabricate from malleable 316 SS as I did, Polished!

Using the bespoke by hand method I did though would not be effective or feasible to make 500 metal jaws either. It would become 4 laser cut components, one small basic press die, then form teeth to shape, TIG weld, add grub screw, polish/finish. I electro-polished mine to finish, as they do with their new ramps etc.

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Put me on list if you sell an upgraded tongue mech

The head needs modification to fit it... causes a dillema with that.

It could maybe become much smaller and fit without mods to the head, but I like the way the proportion came out, vs the ball and the head. Couldn't be happier. Make it small enough to fit and I think you would lose its presence.

#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I see anything in that notice having anything to do with future code updates for old Aliens. They only claim Support for some old stock mechanical hardware “the best we can” and some parts being interchangeable. Doubt they are going to code update 2 platforms from that announcement?

Yeah there will be some, how much is the question. You'd have to read a variety of past posts back in the relevant threads before you would "see".

Beside anything else, why would one be asked about compiling details of HW Alien known bugs in current 1.4?? ... a bug report.

#2088 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

razorsedge thanks for that - very cool! I’d be interested in one depending on how it fits into the new head.

I think you'll find it is the same (updated) head they have been selling for more than a year now, which is the same (I bought one recently). I wouldn't expect any change unless they *could* do something for this LV.

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed though bug fixes and continued code are somewhat different. Seems like some are expecting a gen 1 code completion which doesn’t seem like the case.

I think Alien will have common code to at least some degree, just because other ways make little economic sense (considering what they say their goal is).

Like +6months ago when new electropolished alien ramps hit the Freeplay store (among a bunch of other curious stuff popping up on mass)... you could tell what was going on.

Now it is the same suspect stuff with the code. Never fear we will find out how it really goes down in due time. They are into supporting OG customers though, I think you can be sure enough of that.

#2092 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I really doubt the two codes are interchangeable especially since PB claimed that they reworked the machine from the ground up. You can't use a stern pro code on a stern premium machine despite being 95% similar.

Ok Lol

They did not say that, in essence.

It is the same game, would be the more accurate take... with about 4-5 updates to various hardware.

They aren't stern. Although what I am suggesting would be more like that. Separate Code versions would function to a degree on either or machine, but not given the unique feature differences. Either that or simple disable/enable settings for OG aliens. I'll wager they have not updated/changed the code much at all, aside from bugs fixes, and the new playfield hardware features. Oh and adding "Pinball Brothers" animations to the attract mode

The hardware would be intelligent to design so that it can run existing code, then updated. Makes sense economically.

This one is the Pro, the operators model. Look at the price! ... operators stand to make a killing!

LV will have PF screen

#2094 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Listen to what they said on the super awesome pinball show, they essentially said that. Boards would not be interchangeable etc. It is basically a remake of Highway Pinball's version but not exactly the same. You can't use MMr code on an original MM game either despite being even more similar.

You're taking that out of context imho. They are referencing using the BOARDS in an original alien, not happening! . I can agree with that.

People are counting out alot that was Not actually counted out, by assuming and reading between the lines. I've listened more than 5 times through, analysing the specified words and sentences. Also remember "english is my 5th language" perspective. Lol

Have you listened carefully without preconceived notions? ... lets just say first couple of run through I was getting the same impression that you are. But I decided to take and objective and critical view subsequently... and no if anything they suggest minimal changes to code. Big changes to hardware (mostly just many little boards instead of three big ones.

#2096 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It really depends on how they can separate the hardware (electronics, mechanicals) from the software code (& create a hardware abstraction layer as much as possible). There are ways to do this in software but will take rewrites of code to make this happen.
For example: New boards will require new software drivers. Also OS versions matter, etc. Of course hardware interfaces matter.
The other side is that they needed to have this in mind day 1 when they took things over to make the code versatile.
Additionally, This all needs testing on both Alien platforms etc. Keeping both working requires time & effort - which means cash!
If I were DP release the new game first.
Then if I had time, go back & make new code changes available to original games for $X upgrade charge.

Well I think this is kinda more like what I'm seeing... but remember, I don't think the hardware/firmware has actually changed that dramatically, to Avoid big code alterations top to bottom. The hardware was fine except the USB and the IO protection, solid when both are sorted. I think all they done for hardware is solve those issues, and create the new hardware so that it is code compatible .... instead of doing both Hardware And Software from scratch. It is surely more doable to rehash one than both.

Remember as well, there is already planned a new revision of the IO boards for OG Alien, I think you'll find this could tie in to some of what I am speculating.

Of course whatever way, Alien and FT will be some time after PB Aliens are well and truely out there.

#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I assume the computer will change too?
Assuming the original is no longer made. I am sure OS changes, drivers, compiling code on new computer all has impacts to some level.

Can still buy them right now

In fact the FT owners have code that only runs on the "utilux" presently... they would like to upgrade to the current PC, but I think that requires more code work than we're talking about between Aliens. I think PB are gonna do it though. Well, FT owners can only hope.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/562#post-6019450

Current orders. It's a strong PC, and not expensive. Asus.

Everyone including myself just ordering direct from manufacturer. But FT can't use them due to code.

#2102 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think that’s key. Limited stock support and Try to manage expectations. Similar to MMr I think this platform will take a new path. On the plus side 15k Aliens like TBL and old MM are over finally and this great game can see a new depth in the market to enjoy by all.

There isn't limited stock. They don't get mor in anymor because everyone just getting them direct. It is not because they are discontinued or anything. They'll be available for a bit yet, not a very old line, fairly recent actually. Cutting edge at the time they switched to them from the underpowered system on a chip.

They already stated contrary to your theory. Hardware platform a complete rework of the same thing, just for comms and servicability.

#2104 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For PC - maker & model number?
Also is the OS - Ubuntu ??

OS is linux but not Ubuntu afaik.

It's an AMD A10 Quad core "gaming computer". Industrial.

#2107 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

With all this talk of code I am hoping they can place in a bulb that flashes on the Alien head that activates during tongue capture sequences on the remakes. I remember people here wishing for that.
There isn't a lighting effect for that currently, right?

We kinda got it, in two unique individual Apron Mods by a few of the awesome guys in the community, they incorporated Strobes into their aprons. Also a separate Strobeoscope mod was created by another cluey community member, without the whole new apron.

Lots of Alien owners have come up with a Boatload of Great Mods!!!

Fantastic stuff!!

#2108 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That is simply a choice by stern - not really a technical constraint.
Alien game code is designed to be abstracted from the hardware. One thing HWP did do right was develop their simulator tooling so that devs could work independently of having a physical game. Alien was developed in large part WITHOUT the actual hardware but running on a simulator. Think VirtualPinball.. where you have game code running and a separate hardware emulator below it.
In the simulator you substitute an emulator for the hardware but run the real game code. In the real game, you have a platform layer that facilitates all the code that actually drives the hardware components and provides a a service layer or set of APIs to the game code. So the game code simply say "turn solenoid A1 on" to the hardware/platform layer... and that layer says "oh that means send 0x1110 to address ABC" or whatever. The point is the hardware/platform layer is the one that bears the brunt of changes to the new game. You can change hardware with very minimal changes to the game/app code.
This is how they can rewrite the platform drivers without having to rewrite the game code. And the platform was mostly done by Brian.. who is also working with PinBros Any tweaks that are needed to the game code can also be done without really starting over.
Then it only becomes a question of if you want to support both hardware configurations going forward... The game code could simply operate with flags that steer its behavior "if rev1, do X, else do Y"... or you can compile builds to target one config or the other... or you can maintain separate branches all together and only the new one contains code for the new platform, etc. This is all choices in how they want to develop their software and you make those choices based on your requirements, constraints, and how you prefer to manage your work. This is all very basic software design constructs. Brian is a stud, I doubt any of this is worrying him at night They already demonstrated they built Alien this way originally. There shouldn't be any reason they can support both - it's simply a question of if you invest to support both targets... and force yourself to maintain at least some of the old one.. or simply focus only on your new one.
TLDR - Hardware is abstracted away from game code. They can pick if they want to maintain code for both hardware platforms or not - it's just a question of do they want to invest to do so.

Thank you for that explanation!

#2119 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Have you actually shopped hardware lately? Cheap is exactly the opposite of what it is today..that is if you can even get things. While I'm sure they aren't using the newest tech, even old stuff is 2x as much as it should be.

The computer curency, power, and functionality is fine, and proven by time as well. Reliable. It being older tech also makes it semi "obsolete" (only obsolete once the demand disapears actually) even though still in full production as an Industrial part, which for us just means quite cheap for what it is (and what it includes, SSD, RAM, the lot) us$240 or so. They will be available until well after Alien is done and dusted.

#2129 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok maybe visually but not in terms of gameplay. I'll take the gameplay.

Really not a fan of stern gameplay much myself. I had some dread that stern (any other than Elwin anyway, who may have done it "Ok", but still with bugger all assets) would do RaM and it wouldn't really be worth having then (Yawn) .... Thank the lord for Spooky taking it!!

#2132 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Hey, my Revenge from Mars is still running a 21 year old computer!

My Alien Star is still running just fine on a 37 year old obsolete computer...

#2134 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Starting to see a bit of an alien fascination here mate ...

Well.... there is a Bally Space Invaders as well, there in the storage area waiting for me to give it a birthday!

However, I still only gather games I think are fun to play!

#2142 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

“We’re in the pipe; five by five”

"They mostly come at night ... ... mostly"

#2145 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

“What do you mean, ‘They cut the power’?”

"How'd they cut the power man??; they're Animals!!"

#2146 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

“Are you ready to get it on!”

"We're on an express elevator to hell .... Goin' Down!!" <he says with a massive grin> lol

#2180 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I'd throw The Hobbit into the ring with Haunted House. Ugh.

JD and TZ both fit the bill too I thought, man they weigh a ton!!

But yeah Hobbit would have to be one of the heaviest games I've ever moved. Could certainly picture HH being super heavyweight though! Lol

Main thing making Aliens heavy seems to be the double layered cabinet I rekon. The new run I'd guess won't be as heavy, by a bit.

#2197 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I wonder how many parts are going to be in common with the original, clearly some parts but it's a different cab and artwork, different PF, uses B/W mechs, at least some different boards, they've redesigned the left ramp ...

Original Alien used BW mechs really, but stupidly had the weird flipper plate and flipper holes in the PF. Drop bank for example, and magnets. Pops are DE/Sega. Not a whole lot has changed apart from making the flipper plates "normal" and adding a couple of new mechs in the chestburster and hypersleep.

Heighway was running out of some parts near the end they say, and couldn't pay for more. Support with "old parts" I see as being more about in the context of supporting FT owners... where I could imagine they have a boat load of those laying around since FT barely sold any units, and where the game (maybe? lol?) will not be remade.

Anyone with a FT has a pretty rare game on their hands, I would think.

#2208 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How is that even possible unless they are already on a boat?
And...I'm not really sure why everyone keeps bugging Cointaker. They'll update you when they know more.

This was all in the interview it just seems some types of people didn't believe the timeframes they were talking about, or just assumed they were making up random stuff, or whatever. If what they said was accurate then the first trial batch from Pedretti was in boxes before Christmas.

They also did say first batch at cointaker in January. So, yeah, not like it's a surprise to anyone whom actually listened to the interview and took it for face value.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I listened to it, and in no way did they say they had games made and on their way. Yes, they said January in a very....brushed off way, but i missed anything about boxes before Christmas. If that is the case, why are we not seeing anything regarding the new games. Videos, pictures of an actual game, etc. All we've seen is teases of parts, and what appears to be a mock up of the game still image. That is kind of concerning.
It also is kind of annoying that if that IS the case, that they haven't figured out what is going in the LV, but..that's first world problems.

Of course they did not say they had games in boxes and on their way. Neither did I. I quoted words from early December, then extrapolated that basically to say they would have reasonably been boxed by Christmas.

They said, in early December this was, in response to the question "are there games in boxes?" ... that "No games in boxes yet" then (paraphrasing) 'but the first batch is not far from going into boxes'. Followed by "Early in January" to see games at Cointaker ... which I simply stated that as January. Makes sense as the timeframes are fair for shipping to fit with that.

Everybody hears different things, sure. But I relistened to it several times over, in entirety. Also at Normal Speed not 2x or 3x like some people do. One can not pick up everything if listening at such garbled confusing speeds.

So if you're building a container of games, lets say 40, and they are say half built early in December... pretty incompetent to not have those in boxes by Christmas. Wouldn't you think?

They Are an experienced game manufacturer. Seems pretty reasonable to say their "deadline" would have been Christmas.

To me all the negative assumption and vitriol by some is just... meh. Whatever. Be negative and miserable then Lol

Anyway, makes no difference to me really. Just pointing out what was actually said, in English, without interpreting it around subjective assumptions too much.

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not complaining, I just think it is unlikely given what was said, but who knows. The sooner the better. It is just odd that they have barely said a word since the announcement, and no gameplay videos, or anything at all for a game they are actively trying to sell. Even RAZA had more marketing.

Yes indeed Lol ... but, whom would want to be a Derproot? ..... PB will do well with "A little less conversation, a little more Action!". They've said their bit. Now heads down bums up!

I'm assuming here of course, that they were smart enough to only really make claims that they could back up with actions. Perhaps a reason why some things seemed to be talked around rather carefully... some giveaway sort of words in there on the subject too, really.

Also, RAZA didn't already have production of 200 or so games that essentially played well (that is basically B/W proto kind of numbers) . Yes a bug here or there, but interested people already know the layout gameplay, which I'm guessing is why they emphasised they are sticking mostly with the original games layout that was devised by Nordman there, but just improving the one or two clunky bits maybe, along with adding the 3 features, and describing how no PF display can still inform the player via new inserts in the display position. They don't need to waste effort with early gameplay vids. Sales back up that theory.

I didn't think you were complaining. I do see a photo shoot image when examining the image closely though, not a rendering. However unlikely, I was just talking about what they did say in the interview, and trying to highlight some things they did not say. Time to time some wild assumptions get mixed into random posts. I was sharing what I heard in the interview. I didn't single you out or even mean to imply that I was complaining, quoting was just intended to relate to your question marks, which I am a fan of question marks.

I thought I roughly implied just that I don't get the negativity.

"meh ... whatever" ?

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

[quoted image]
melissa discusses potential VE upgrades with prospective buyers, while the couple behind her anxiously await delivery of their SE.

That post is pretty lame actually.

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

One good thing about Andy Heighway, he loved to get gameplay vids out early. He had me shoot gameplay vids on broken prototypes, which required masterful editing skills to make it look good.
Watch this video which shows the raw cut and my final edit of the original Alien promotional video.

Gotta say, if you have a finished product....SHOW THE DAMN WORLD ALREADY! Not showing anything means: you either have no confidence in your product, or it's not ready.

Why does this post contradict itself?

It is proof of how what a gameplay video shows can be manipulated. Good things AH done hey... made a video that made it seem like the game he made actually worked.

Argument for Not making a "gameplay video" is all we see here isn't it?

Anyway, as some already said, completely unwaranted given how sales are going, so they made the right choice not wasting resources on a pointless gameplay demo.

Quoted from dts:

Interesting how much the playfield LCD is featured in this video. It really is puzzling that they left out a central feature. It's easy to level, like the window on Congo/Creature/Lebowski, and mylar overlay on the screen and edges protects from scratches/chips. It is much more important than the spinning disc in JJPOTC imo. In some modes, you wouldn't have enough time to look up at the screen to see what is going on during gameplay. No doubt, there will mods to address this.

It's just marketing (promoting) a difference for the pro model. It would be madness to produce your game with deleted main integral feature, and say "it was awesome and viable, but we left it out to save it for the LV" .... How do we think that would go for SV sales vs LV sales?? . Promote the product you are releasing Now. That is all they appear to be doing, makes sense. Yes, the display there is basically what the whole game and visuals was built around.

It definitely detracts alot from gameplay experience by removing it, that is obvious to anyone whom played the game alot and got to see how it is integrated to all the modes.

#2270 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Now...that is not somethig I think has ever been done. With everything being addressable LED now, this would be an interesting mechanic. Lit 'areas' rather than lit inserts.
"Hey Vasquez, shine a light on your left!" and the left portion of the GI lights up, and you need to hit targets there
etc...
Or...multi color regions on the pf GI with different point strategies.

I think might be onto something with bright white "ping wave" eminating from the g.i. flipper area out and upward across the playfield. Scott Danesi style

#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I don't know what the big deal about the playfield display is? We have all been playing pinball for years and we all are used to looking up at the display in the backbox. We've been doing it for years. Also there still is the other display on the playfield. Perhaps they have a new plan for it?

Just talking about the reality of it.

Indeed it took hundreds of games for me to break the old habbit of looking at the backbox, when now looking up actually does nothing useful, makes much more sense to keep looking at where the ball is for your info, especially when it's provided there for you along with the visual/video immersion rolling over right in front of your face!. I can totally get people not actually knowing what they are missing. But that is the point, pro SV gameplay videos would only serve to highlight the new deficiency of no PF display. No gamplay video is a very smart move imho.

Lots of things humans did and kept doing for years, but now something different gets built in and makes something so much better, or makes a game incredibly visually awesome, functional, and fully immersive... Cool!. Take it out and something profoundly significant is obviously lost/missing from the Original game. That is all. Actually that is probably the most valid reason for no gameplay video.... people whom have played it a bit would see all too clearly how much of the game really is lost without that Playfield Screen.

Of course the Pro game still works fine!. But it is still significantly inferior in terms of visual immersion. It simply can not be anything other than less visually immersive, obviously Lol. But, that is what people expect in a Pro, of course, only what you Really Need, to play and enjoy the most basic form of the game.

If the PV/LV was not significantly better, not as many would choose to buy it, hey. But no point detracting from pro sales by demonstrating that right now.

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

I'm getting an LV and I don't care one bit about the playfield screen and am pretty sure it won't be in it. I don't believe the old playfields are compatible with the other changes they have made to the game, the airlock, additional magnet and new ramps, etc. I'm not a fan of stainless steel on any of my games and have had them all power coated and have changed the legs too. I would have gotten a SV if I could have gotten it with power coated armor. Don't care about shakers or toppers either, just not my thing. I'm don't want to remove and replace those things myself anymore. Especially on a NIB. Legs are nothing to change, but you can dork up the side art really easily if you're not careful with a heat gun.

Who ever said anything about the old playfields??

You heard of a thing called CNC?? Lol

If you are "hoping" LV won't have a PF display, I definitely think you will be dissapointed.

Also the ramps (at least, and other wrong assumptions from peoples random "guesswork") have not changed. Except for them now being electro-polished. I bought some of the "new" ones, bolt straight in and are in the same position on the new game.

People unfamiliar with the game are getting Lots of stuff mixed up pretty good. Which is understandable I suppose.

#2280 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't see it happening. They will cause ill will to the people who buy a SE or lots of people cancelling orders (if it is announced before delivery). They gave no indication that it was going to be on it, and frankly, if it was, they should be up front about it. Period. MAYBE after they see all the people clamoring for it, they may change their mind, but it should be known before SE's are delivered.

No not at all. Everyone has been fairly informed that in december "nothing final is decided" and "Everything is on the table for the LV". That includes displays. If you are banking on LV definately Not having a PF screen, well, don't complain or be unreasonably upset when your unfounded assumption proves incorrect.

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is no banking. Unless you are trying to sneakily tell us you know something, either out with it, or your assumption is worth no more than anyone elses. I'm simply stating the fact that if they were to make that addition, many SE orders will cancel for it. Since they had the forethought to tell everyone they were making an LV too, it is kind of disingenuous (maybe not purposely) to draw everyone to an SE - because they gave good reason that the screen would not be there in the interview - and then suddenly put it a screen on the LV.

Not "suddenly" lol. People don't listen very well (to the interview).

It isn't assumption it is their description in the interview. English.

Good point about SV demand, same point I am making, but I think you may have it all upside down... imho.

You are absolutely right, no banking. Which is why I find it a bit bizarre that some people seem to be "banking" on there Not being a screen. When they said more like the exact opposite.

PB done it well for their business, whatever eventuates, they got variables and unknown's covered. I mean, just look at the pro sales!?!

Do you think that gangbuster sales would have been the same if they blew their wad Early and announced "the LV has a PF display" back in december? ... that would be absolutely dumb m.o. from a busines perspective.

#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I agree. I like the screen. That's why I want to know lol. I mean, if it isn't there, I will most likely be happy with SE, but if it is there, and I'm already paid for a SE, I'm going to be not as happy - since they really did lean towards it was NOT going to exist at all. I'm not a fan of moving games in and out.

You DEFINITELY took That out of Context. Listen to the interview again perhaps mate, that is Only in Direct reference to the SV development/re-release, to be sure. The PF screen comments are in no way related to the LV in the discussions.

LV and I quote "Everything Is On The Table." You can not get much clearer than that man.

This is where the various misinterpretations come from. Making assumptions.

I'm not making a whole lot of assumptions, but relaying what the interview said, not so much assuming about what it did Not say.

Doubt the LV final features list will be anounced before middle of year, like in winter sometime... July-ish perhaps. Would be my guess based on what they said.

I suppose this is partly why it's now a dollar to go on the LV list, otherwise next thing the list would be 2000 names long with only 500 to sell Lol ... and can not charge more that a dollar for "deposit" when a features list is still most likely 6 months away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razorsedge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=razorsedge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.