20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1116 3 years ago

I have played Alien a few times but not enough to form an opinion, how is the shots/layout and code?

#1139 3 years ago

How come Alien is rated so low on the top100 list?

#1249 3 years ago

I’m curious in the code there are two movies are they two separate completely or just how you start out?

#1427 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Ouch, that price might not work for me since they've stripped out features.

That’s like when jjp made YBR Woz more money but took out the cool monkey ball mover.

#1428 3 years ago

I’m hoping $7500 plus shipping.

Also hoping they make various tier one with PF display for extra charge.

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Add at least couple of thousand to that. The quality is like a JJP LE. If it is $7500, that would be the best deal in pinball.

Best deal imo is/was AFM remake at $6K

#1454 3 years ago

Was watching Zack's review of Alien and they gave it a B+

They did love the pin but they said the con was PRICE. They said "8 thousand Dollars..." as if to say that was a lot. I know that was then and now people are dropping $12.5K like it's nothing on GNR CE. but to me $12K is a non-Starter. They both say something like $6500 would have been a good price.

$12K is two Stern pros or a Stern and a Hot wheels or RAZA or two CGC SE (plus shipping).....

$12K is a bit of money and I think it will drive people away in droves.

It ***********Has to be under $10K and better yet under $9K******* IMO

link at the time stamp where they say $8000 (and make it sound like it's somewhat overpriced at that)

#1485 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Yes indeed, I get that. Yes it will be exciting, and a great game still even without the display.
As long as they don't try to charge as though the display didn't get pulled. Changing the cabinet to a more basic design will be one of the biggest cost savigs. My persistence is just about the significance of the display to the theme integration, and people claiming it added nothing.
I mean, more is lost from the game than what the display would cost. Value. It was good value. Imho. The cabinet kinda wasn't.
I like the cabinet, it's very cool. But unlike the display, the cabinet does not warrant it's cost. Lose the cabinet but keep display, full game retained, cabinet doesn't matter for Gameplay immersion, but the display does.
I rekon that if it had the display it would justify way more $ on the Machine Selling Price, than what including the display Costs the manufacturer.
Reverse all of that for the cabinet.
Yes it is a perception thing. Different strokes. Subjective. What value on "stuff". Everybody different.

I understand what you are saying.

Imo if there is an LE version that costs a good deal more that would be a great distinction and reason to pay more if the put the display in the LE.

#1489 3 years ago

What do we think about the reliability and PC hardware on the new game should it be easy to support years in the future? I’m hoping it’s a good selling pin so all involved can profit and continue to support.

It’s just so hard for me to imagine so many pinball manufacturers now that all will survive hope they all do because it’s great to have variety. Unlike 10 years ago when only one manufacturer was making pins.

#1546 3 years ago

Paid

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I got to put a few games on this in DC before COVID and absolutely hated it! It was dark, spooky, and had real horror vibe. The only other game that I've played that gave me the whole negative dread vibe was Walking Dead.
Because I hate it I expect alot of horror fans will absolutely love it. It gives that true horror story vibe and I wish you all the best of luck on this one. I can't comment too much on gameplay, but from an ambiance perspective, it's terrible for me, which means if you like horror it's perfect for you.

That's what I like, I love TWD, I like a serious pinball machine now and then just for something different.

#1659 3 years ago

#1680 3 years ago

IMO this is a good price, with shipping It’s similar to price of R&M a bit more than a Stern premium closer to a JJP SE which is about right.

#1682 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

add state sales tax and a shaker motor and youre pushing $9K delv for standard, $11K delv for LE. not exactly cheap - just appears that way when compared with those $12.5K guesses.

Not everyone pays sales tax iirc so you’d need to add $600 for Stern premium. Be around $8k for Stern premium.

Still it’s around the same price as GnR SE almost the same.

#1685 3 years ago

I’ve played Alien a handful of times was good shooing but I didn’t really get to know the modes I was just shooting around. But the atmosphere was great and very gritty and dark and unlike most pins even TWD is not that grim. That’s why I got this over say EHOH or LZ.

And I like having different manufacturers in my collection.

#1692 3 years ago

Should sell very well in Europe as it’s not subject to the tariff. I’m not sure if Alien is as popular in Europe as it’s a big movie franchise in the US.

#1699 3 years ago

My opinion about the PF art and subtracting the PF screen.

I am sure the video screen is helpful and whatnot but it does take away from the art package, the planet is already iffy as far as I'm concerned but when you subtract half of the planet it just looks very meh (I mean the PF + display makes the planet look bad almost rather it was just empty space rather than the planet).

With the display removed at least we can see the whole circle of the planet and even with the ammo inserts it looks more like a typical pinball PF with inserts.

IMO mini displays are better off the PF like in DI or SW that way you can have your cake and eat it too. The display in the PF is a compromise that is good and bad.

#1708 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is this a wide body machine?

you should watch some of the videos to see what it looks like, this is the original Alien but the remake will be very similar.

#1785 3 years ago

I’ve not listed to the podcast so don’t know what does LV stand for?

I’m on the standard edition but more information on the LE

#1786 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

From Cointaker's site:
"THESE DEPOSITS ARE NON TRANSFERABLE FOR THE LE. ONCE THE LE'S ARE AVAILABLE, THEY WILL BE ANNOUNCED."

It does say that.

Are the deposits refundable tho?

#1789 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They are calling the LE the Limited Version (LV). While it isn't said in the podcast, it is a play on the theme - LV-246

Got it thanks.

If the deposit is refundable that’s good news so if it looks like the games are subpar build quality or if it looks like the production is iffy, people can back out. This gives them more reason to have a positive roll out. Carrot and the stick.

This is why the pay in advance (predator or Alien) model of old was so bad. I was in for small depot on Predator but once they asked for half payment just to stay in, I was out.

#1818 3 years ago

Wow this is going to be a long wait if they don't have anything that is flipping yet. I mean nothing good enough to throw on video.

#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the game any good?

here's a video of the gameplay (without any commentary) but it shows how immersive the game is. Unlike most other games, it's like being in the movie scenes.

I understand this is the original with the PF display but looks like mode starts will hold the ball so you can view on the large display.

#1834 3 years ago

#1994 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m just curious is it normal for pinball companies to take down deposits and send renderings of a machine that they dont even have an operable unit? Or do most companies have a working model then send it for sale and into production?

It’s odd to me.

What made them announce the game last week? What was the big rush to take deposits?

#1998 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well, if they aren't taking your money first, they have to gauge interest in how many to build. I don't imagine they are going to make a warehouse full of them and sit on them until they sell. Since there is no set number of the SE run, it could be 200 it could be 2000...it will most likely depend on how many deposits they get.

I’m not even saying make a number of pins but at least have one with film of it in action.

IIRC GGC sold a crap ton of MM remake sold a thousand LE on first day not sure if they had flippable pins at announcement.

#2013 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They had a flyer

Same as Alien.

It does show me that the game (Alien) is a great pin and a value at the current new sale price. Much like MMR undercut the price of original games. I mean that Alien can sell well without a video because people know it’s a great pin. We just don’t know the build quality yet (unknown) just as was MMR at the time.

A big sell for me is the conventional cabinet with non swapping PF and non side. I never felt as if that was needed or necessary in a pin and so far the market has agreed with both Heighway and P3 having trouble getting traction where people don’t want to pay up front costs or inconvenience or any compromise for a swapping PF.

#2020 3 years ago

I’m just perplexed that Alien is ranked so low at 64 on the top100 lower than Judge Dredd, below SW episode 1 for example. When clearly it’s a top theme and has a lot of good things to speak of.

#2127 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Predator + JJP = instant buy for me...doubtful it ever happens though...

JJP is not going to do a pin with flayed humans or severed spinal cords.

1 week later
#2167 3 years ago

I just watch 'Alien' for the first time in 20 years. I am impressed with the atmosphere (like Blade Runner). My only gripe was that the cyborg, how could it be so lifelike that no one could tell (I prefer 'Data' from STTNG) and the computers are a bit primitive for setting 100 years in the future.

#2233 3 years ago

It would be nice to know what is included on the Sv so that we could decide which version to order.

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Gotta say, if you have a finished product....SHOW THE DAMN WORLD ALREADY! Not showing anything means: you either have no confidence in your product, or it's not ready.

#2260 3 years ago

My 2c

I played only 8-9 games on original Alien several years ago.

If someone had an original game and was used to playing with the PF screen, they would miss the screen and not like the new version as much.

Someone who is new to the game probably won't miss the screen because they never got the habit of having the screen there in the first place.

To me it's like the walker bomb on TWD premium which is missing on the pro. People say the walker bombs are a key feature or an essential aspect of TWD premium. However I have a pro and never got acclimated or used to playing the walker bombs so I don't miss it. I suspect someone going from TWD premium to pro would miss the walker bombs but my self as an owner of the pro never missed them or feel like the game is lesser because it doesn't have them.

Overall aesthetics look of the pin (IMO) the PF looks better with inserts and full art (better than a blank screen cut into the artwork) it's not like the art was illustrated around the screen like CFTBL or AcDc premium. It's just like the screen was thrown in and the art was cur out after the fact.

I

#2261 3 years ago

#2357 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Their news release was smart, stole a ton of Christmas sales... Alien took my money from the LZ flop, still on the fence with GnR... I'm not a fan of the band. Can't wait to play it Though. I bailed on Lebowski because of the quality issues they have been having, plus paying $4500 more because they f'd up their first try at building it. I have a feeling PB will pull this off... Willing to bet $7777 on it, even if there are a couple of issues...It will be worth it to have this game at this price point. Got a feeling they will jack up the price on later runs. Happy to pay the "get our name out there" price now.

I wouldn't call LZ a flop, it's kind of standard Stern and not likely to be bad. I played GnR was not into the gameplay (rules, upper PF) to me was more about the flash and looks maybe the SE would play better.

Alien is a theme I can get behind, with lots of atmosphere and the kind of rules that I like (mode based) and the price is reasonable. I don't have a line on one but I was considering a MM royal but the price is crazy at $5K more than an Alien SE and honestly I'd probably like Alien more than MM.

#2388 3 years ago

The lock mechanism does look cool. I’d like to see some videos of the game as well.

I think this game is going to be awesome.

#2408 3 years ago

I’ll wait, in the grand scheme of things it’s nothing. I waited a year for R&M. More interested in a great game not a fast delivery.

#2469 3 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Love them. Now where is my game?

This is exactly what JPop was doing. Show an isolated photo but never a working pin.

Dear customer we don’t have a shooting game but we will be shipping shortly (not).

#2472 3 years ago

I’m glad they’re improving things on the remake. As we know theme is ultra important. Look at AP who has struggled to gain sales momentum. For all we know Alien might be the greatest theme PB has ever so good they’re trying to make the most of it.

#2477 3 years ago

This list is suspect in some ways with the top spot being Wall-e and Gravity being #3

But it has Alien #4 and Aliens #10 of all time sci-fi movies.

So that’s something to have a pinball machine with scenes from both films.

https://stacker.com/stories/3346/50-best-space-movies-all-time?page=5

In my opinion the top spots should be 2001 a space odyssey, Blade Runner and A new hope.

#2479 3 years ago

This is even better list with Aliens #9 and Alien #2.

Blade Runner #1 ( Ridley Scott has top two spots) James Cameron has almost a handful of movies in top 25.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/best-sci-fi-movies/

#2512 3 years ago

How did I miss that all these years?

#2538 3 years ago

With GNR SE now at $7700 the Alien just got even more awesome!

#2549 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Be that as it may, I'd rather have the newer version if they work out all the bugs and can make a solid machine. Some collectors may want an original but I don't want to buy a headache and maintenance nightmare, original or not.

Me too!

I don’t care about the PF screen either way.

1 week later
#2651 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I agree with this 100%. The sentry guns were in the directors cut and not the theatrical release so they have very little significance IMO. Especially right in the middle of the play field, it just looks weird.

F1658294-FC1A-47E2-96E5-A8F4F8CB58C1 (resized).jpegF1658294-FC1A-47E2-96E5-A8F4F8CB58C1 (resized).jpeg

#2674 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’ve owned the original Alien with the screen on the playfield and there’s no question it’s very cool and immersive BUT if the overall reliability of the game is better than the original, my vote is for the new and hopefully improved version of Alien. Hands down. Also I’m very excited they are going with the Williams style cabinet. Getting that all in one piece pinball glass off and back on was a pain in the ass.

Heck if this is well built for the price of a Stern premium (a little more with shipping) it will be a heck of a deal.

I know this is crazy time but I bought a ST LE for $7700 (iirc) that was a good time but now Stern LE are crazy price.

1 week later
#2774 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:Just would appreciate being a little more up front about it not being at all ready.

I know, probably wanted to lock in the sales so we didn’t order a different pin. However with the significant delays we could have got a different pin and still got Alien when it’s ready.

#2779 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My concern is the bull about two aliens being shipped and in flight and being delayed because of weather. What kind of crap is that?

this is straight out of Jpop playbook.

1 week later
#2910 3 years ago

Looks great to me.

#2912 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Video itself was terrible. No video of the alien eating the ball? The alien mouth was open as well yet they show alien MB ambush which happens after it eats the ball. I love the “professionals” take on this first look. Cointaker deserves better.

I agree.

#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Don't forget that this video has been compressed by Facebook. So I'm sure the game looks much better in person.

Crazy that’s the video debut video of the game.

#2943 3 years ago

I thought Alien was supposed to be super awesome indestructible playfield.

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Believe the demonstration was related to adhesion and pooling performance.

That’s ok then. I don’t care about dimples every game has them, it’s the pooling and chipping that I worry about.

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think people are looking for things to be mad about. I watched that video multiple times and not once was I like..omg look at the dimples. I was more amazed at how shitty the video quality was in 2021, and how they clearly had no idea how to shoot a release video.

Agree.

#2967 3 years ago

I think the game looks great but it’s like pulling teeth to even get good pictures of the game. I’ve seen for sale ads with better pictures.

I’ll give the presentation and release a F- so far. It’s almost as if the company is trying to make the rollout and release of information and pictures as horrible as possible.

1 month later
#3582 2 years ago

I’m supposed to pay the balance due but I’m not sure I’ve seen enough.

I wanted to see what the LE looks like and see what issues people are having too.

1 week later
#3712 2 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Mmm not sure how to feel about customers beta testing and doing field repairs (bodges?) like this. I know “early access” is all the rage now.
Hopefully this, and whatever else lies in store, will be resolved by the time the LV version is available.
(Love the Predator intro )

Me too.

I’m not very good with repairs and adjustments, part of why I passed on Stranger Things premium. I do have R&M and that’s been a constant battle not least because I’m not very confident in my skills of a pinball repairman.

Hopefully later builds will be working out of the box.

#3754 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

When will we see a 6 part video series Chuckwurt? like you did on GOT.

Funny I was expecting Chuck to look like Fletch for some reason.

1 week later
#3808 2 years ago

Definitely some glitches like when player 2 drained and got a ball back and an add a ball 23:20 mark.

Hopefully just some software bugs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.