20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 82.
#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I just got this game, supplied in EU via RS Pinball.
PB is not supplying standards at the moment because they are building LV’s (that make much more cash), is what I heard. first LV’s will ship from announcement date.
I don’t work there so don’t know if true.

Hard to say, but if they were people would already be paying in full for LV"s which isn't happening yet. Considering they are still trying to finish getting SV's to people as well.

#4052 2 years ago

LV announcement/Unveiling is Friday isn’t it?

#4053 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LV announcement/Unveiling is Friday isn’t it?

Unveiled on facebook and other pinball brothers thread.

1 month later
#4054 2 years ago

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question or not. Hoping that those who have experience playing this pin can chime in. What is the overall difficulty level for this pin? Do you think that it will be fun for beginners to bash around on or is the required skill level too high for non pinheads, kids, etc to have fun. Thanks for any input.

#4055 2 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question or not. Hoping that those who have experience playing this pin can chime in. What is the overall difficulty level for this pin? Do you think that it will be fun for beginners to bash around on or is the required skill level too high for non pinheads, kids, etc to have fun. Thanks for any input.

While owners do frequent this thread, you might also want to ask in the owners club thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club

#4056 2 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

My kids love to play it (ages 11 and 13). I'd say anyone could get good at it... it just takes practice. Some of the shots are difficult, but that makes it all the more satisfying when you make them.

1 week later
#4057 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

My kids love to play it (ages 11 and 13). I'd say anyone could get good at it... it just takes practice. Some of the shots are difficult, but that makes it all the more satisfying when you make them.

Its difficult, I still curse at the thing.

#4058 2 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Its a great pin for all skill levels. It’s a wide body so plenty of shots. Game does not penalize you for not completing modes. Plenty of multiballs. Out lane saves. Center post. Anyone can play this game.

#4059 2 years ago

Curious, why isn't the Pinball Brothers version of Alien in the top 100 (when the old version by Highway is)?

Or are they calculated as the same machine?

#4060 2 years ago

It needs a few more ratings to join the Top 100. Go ahead and rate it now!

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinball-brothers-alien-standard/ratings/edit

There's a separate question of why these machines aren't linked to the Heighway machines in the Pinside database, but hopefully the admins will fix that glitch.

1 month later
#4061 2 years ago

Is anybody still having questionable operation of their post popping up during orbit shots on Derelict ship and Queens nest mode?

I am getting tired of entering the mode and 90 percent of the time zooming past egg pop bumpers in orbit shots.

#4062 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Is anybody still having questionable operation of their post popping up during orbit shots on Derelict ship and Queens nest mode?
I am getting tired of entering the mode and 90 percent of the time zooming past egg pop bumpers in orbit shots.

some of the modes that utilize the pop diverters require that the hypersleep locks be engaged/qualified in order to work. I think that is the primary driver for this actually.. to force teh ball into pops on hopes of feeding to magnet then upper right flipper for shot into hypersleep ramp. i think the ruleset online references this as well.

#4063 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

some of the modes that utilize the pop diverters require that the hypersleep locks be engaged/qualified in order to work. I think that is the primary driver for this actually.. to force teh ball into pops on hopes of feeding to magnet then upper right flipper for shot into hypersleep ramp. i think the ruleset online references this as well.

So you should make sure you qualify hyper sleep lock before entering that mode is a strategy?

#4064 2 years ago

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that eg Queens Nest mode activates the post for right orbit shots regardless of hyper sleep lock state. Could be wrong. But I've definitely beaten the mode a few times now, though.

#4065 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

So you should make sure you qualify hyper sleep lock before entering that mode is a strategy?

You could for sure.. it is going to up the feeds to the flipper potentially. here is a link to rule set.. i think there may be other modes that feed those pops.. i just remember reading about hypersleep.

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/howto/cms/media/pages/pdfs/anleitungen/Rulesheet_Alien_V1_2.pdf.pdf

#4066 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Just checked on my original running v1.4. The divertors seem to be working as expected. For Derelict ship the blue lit shot diverts, the green lit shot goes through. For Queens Nest, both orbit shots divert into the pops. In testing both modes, nothing else was qualified. I had the glass off and only activated the mode before testing.

Perhaps someone can verify the PB version.

#4067 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Same here, i hear the post pop up just after the ball has gone past, but a shit shot that is delayed will work. System seems slow to react at times.

#4068 2 years ago

Yes I have experienced the same with the stop in Derelict ship working on the orbit with the blue light. Before 2.4 version it did not work.

Queen’s nest no stop and I hear a delayed stop sometimes.

Also the pops are not very sensitive. A ball can roll by and not activate any. The pops in my TZ are super reactive. I was thinking of looking how they differ and modding the Alien one.

The game would be so much better if these modes worked properly.

#4069 2 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

Yes I have experienced the same with the stop in Derelict ship working on the orbit with the blue light. Before 2.4 version it did not work.
Queen’s nest no stop and I hear a delayed stop sometimes.
Also the pops are not very sensitive. A ball can roll by and not activate any. The pops in my TZ are super reactive. I was thinking of looking how they differ and modding the Alien one.
The game would be so much better if these modes worked properly.

submit tickets with Pbros and provide logs... maybe they can tweak the responsiveness?

#4070 2 years ago

The modes DO work properly....I've never had an issue with them. In fact I thought they were stopping the ball way more than they should. There were some questionable responses in 2.2d, but in 2.4 I've not seen any issues.

#4071 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The modes DO work properly....I've never had an issue with them. In fact I thought they were stopping the ball way more than they should. There were some questionable responses in 2.2d, but in 2.4 I've not seen any issues.

The only time it stops the ball for me in those modes is when Hyper sleep lock has been activated. Otherwise orbit shots for me in both directions just go flying through during those modes.

#4072 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

The only time it stops the ball for me in those modes is when Hyper sleep lock has been activated. Otherwise orbit shots for me in both directions just go flying through during those modes.

Ok now i have to test mine... OMG.

#4073 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Well I know it is working for me in the modes, but I will test this weekend to see if hypersleep has any requirements. not knowing all the requirements for certain things certainly makes it difficult to know for sure.

#4074 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well I know it is working for me in the modes, but I will test this weekend to see if hypersleep has any requirements.

Thanks. I didn't have this issue in other versions.

I hit some kind of rescue mode I never hit before yesterday. I only noticed because the sounds and music were different. Pretty cool, I guess I hit it because I am focusing on activating Hyper sleep lock to get the ball to stop more and drop into eggs.

#4075 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thanks. I didn't have this issue in other versions.
I hit some kind of rescue mode I never hit before yesterday. I only noticed because the sounds and music were different. It said somethin in yellow on the left lower part of the screen and it wasn't a Hadley's Hope mode either.
Anyone get a rescue mode before and what is it?

Yeah, I've had it, if it wasn't newt, it is something to do with the APC targets - I think if you hit them in order a certain number of times it starts that rescue mission.

#4076 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Ok.. Left orbit in Derliect ship triggers pop as expected to divert to eggs.. Right orbit is very delayed or does not fire at all. Ball whips past, no diversion.
Queens nest, left orbit is fine with pop divert, right not at all. Hypersleep diverts all as intended. Any other modes these work in before i open a ticket?

#4077 2 years ago

Baggerman thank you for testing. I am away from my machine over the holidays. I will test mine when I get back. I recall the diverters working before I started any mode. I cannot recall if I had APC drop targets down. I have been practicing to get up to the pops prior to starting Derelict Ship and Queens nest. I recall there is some benefit to destroying eggs prior to the mode.

#4078 2 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

Baggerman thank you for testing. I am away from my machine over the holidays. I will test mine when I get back. I recall the diverters working before I started any mode. I cannot recall if I had APC drop targets down. I have been practicing to get up to the pops prior to starting Derelict Ship and Queens nest. I recall there is some benefit to destroying eggs prior to the mode.

I tested but find it confusing to be sure to be honest. i woudl like a definitive instruction that says in this or that mode, this or that shoudl occur so we can test properly. If you have a question or want to validate your findings let me know what mode, etc. and i can test on mine for a second opinion.

#4079 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Version 2.4 fixes a bug that can affect the orbit post operation. If possible please update to 2.4 before reporting any issues with the up posts and see if that fixes it.
The rules are basically as follows:
- If hypersleep lock or Extra Ball is lit on the side ramp, then divert from any orbit shot.
- If a mode wants to divert into the pops, then do that. Used by Derelict Ship, Queen's Nest, and Tunnel Hunt. Note that the left/right/upper loop shots do not always divert the same way - it depends on the shots lit during the mode.
- If Ambush Super Jackpot is lit, then divert from either left or right orbit.
- If Vent 3 is lit during Save Newt, then divert.
- If opposite inlane was just made for 5x pops, then divert into the pops.
- If no mode/multiball is running, the upper loop will always divert.
So in general, it will divert if the pops, upper loop, or side ramp are lit for something special.
The diverting rules are the same on both the original and remake.

#4080 2 years ago

If a mode wants to divert into the pops, then do that. Used by Derelict Ship, Queen's Nest, and Tunnel Hunt. Note that the left/right/upper loop shots do not always divert the same way - it depends on the shots lit during the mode.

This would point to what you think you are seeing.

#4081 2 years ago

Ok, so if you are having a problem with diversion to pops... this is what fixed mine. I noticed the delay I was hearing was in fact the other diverter raising to stop the ball rolling bouncing back the way you just came. So if you expect the right diverter to activate, then a second later you will hear the left one.

My Fix. In coils test, the diverters tested perfectly, in diverter test it did not work but I could hear a faint attempt at activating. Pulled the coil and resoldered. Fixed. My right one didnt work at all and then 3 days later the left one started to play up. The soldering on these coils was shocking. Both working properly now.

Hope this helps.

#4082 2 years ago

So just further to what I said above. It worked for a couple of games then stopped working again. So I upped the coil strength for the left post and it seems to be working again. Not sure if its a bug, its like there isnt enough power being sent to up the posts during the game, but in coil test it may send 100% power to the coil, hence the discrepancy between "coil test" always working and "post test" set at lower power levels, which fails. This is my theory and I'm sticking to it.

#4083 2 years ago

Got an odd question for those following Alien news. Did Pinball Brothers ship at least one Alien machine to a paying customer by March 31, 2021? The ship date is important.

I made 2021 bingo cards filled with predictions and I'm going through them now to see if there was a winner. One of the squares is about shipping at least one Alien machine to a paying customer by March 31st, so I'm assuming at some point PB made an announcement for that date or maybe just the month of March? I don't follow the boutique companies and I did search this thread first but couldn't find confirmation one way or the other, so I would really appreciate your help.

Likewise, if anyone knows whether at least one RAZA was shipped to a paying customer by 'mid to late January,' I would appreciate that info as well. I'll post this question in the appropriate thread, but figured some of you may know.

Thanks!

#4084 2 years ago
Quoted from SnowGalvin:

Got an odd question for those following Alien news. Did Pinball Brothers ship at least one Alien machine to a paying customer by March 31, 2021? The ship date is important.

You may want to pose your question in the Pinball Brothers Alien Club Thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/98#post-6681670

#4085 2 years ago

Oh cool. Thanks Red_Devils Will do.

#4086 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It needs a few more ratings to join the Top 100. Go ahead and rate it now!
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinball-brothers-alien-standard/ratings/edit
There's a separate question of why these machines aren't linked to the Heighway machines in the Pinside database, but hopefully the admins will fix that glitch.

Can they be called "the same" though. Different levels of Sterns have ratings for the same machine, because of content.

Quoted from SnowGalvin:

I made 2021 bingo cards filled with predictions and I'm going through them now to see if there was a winner. One of the squares is about shipping at least one Alien machine to a paying customer by March 31st, so I'm assuming at some point PB made an announcement for that date or maybe just the month of March? I don't follow the boutique companies and I did search this thread first but couldn't find confirmation one way or the other, so I would really appreciate your help.
Likewise, if anyone knows whether at least one RAZA was shipped to a paying customer by 'mid to late January,' I would appreciate that info as well. I'll post this question in the appropriate thread, but figured some of you may know.
Thanks!

Regarding RAZA, let the SEC know if you find out one was shipped and paid for.

1 month later
#4087 2 years ago

Solution for left side flippers high power hold not working?

#4088 2 years ago

Now at Leaderboard arcade in Orange park FL.
Works oooook.
Came with lit posts unplugged.
Left side flippers highpower hold intermittently working...

20220225_223025 (resized).jpg20220225_223025 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#4089 1 year ago

I have tried searching this thread unfortunately in vain. Can somebody state for me what the price was of these remakes for standard edition when they opened up ordering two years ago and whether this has changed for new orders being placed.

#4090 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

I have tried searching this thread unfortunately in vain. Can somebody state for me what the price was of these remakes for standard edition when they opened up ordering two years ago and whether this has changed for new orders being placed.

$7777 was the original price for the SV. Now the price is $8595

https://cointaker.com/products/httpscointakercomproductsalien-standard-edition-by-pinball-brothers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.