20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 82.
#1901 3 years ago

Ok prepping for this games arrival. Does anyone know if the Stern (PinballLife) lollipop side rails would fit this game? Love the design changes but the stainless is a no-go for me. Want to get a set and lock bar done in proper black prior to game arrival. Anyone know where to buy them or which type of lock bar they might be using? Appreciate any advice.

#1902 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok prepping for this games arrival. Does anyone know if the Stern (PinballLife) lollipop side rails would fit this game? Love the design changes but the stainless is a no-go for me. Want to get a set and lock bar done in proper black prior to game arrival. Anyone know where to buy them or which type of lock bar they might be using? Appreciate any advice.

Dont know what these look like, but if you like them I like them.. So excited for this. I am starting my shrine section for this . She's going to be bad ass.

#1903 3 years ago

Is anyone planning on starting a preorder club?

#1904 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Is anyone planning on starting a preorder club?

You think we need it, with 3 rooms running now? If SO I have the time till I start my new GIG Jan 5th.

SO Basically a room for all folks to come in who have made a deposited/buying/upgrading?

#1905 3 years ago

I think I will put these on a shelf near the machine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1906 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:You think we need it, with 3 rooms running now? If SO I have the time till I start my new GIG Jan 5th.
SO Basically a room for all folks to come in who have made a deposited/buying/upgrading?

It would be a fun way to track the progress. This is my first time pre ordering and I want to squeeze as much fun out of the wait as possible.

#1907 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why?
Taking the theme out of it, does it shoot well? What’s the code like?

I’ll echo what some others are saying Cookie

It’s my favorite game and we buy a lot of the same games

Code is phenomenal good and layout is uniquely great too

If you want a barren two ramp nothing else in there “flow monster” then this isn’t for you. Buy LZ

And for “flow” it’s pretty damn good once you get those combos going

#1908 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

It would be a fun way to track the progress. This is my first time pre ordering and I want to squeeze as much fun out of the wait as possible.

I did the same thing with the JP LE thread, it has been fun. exciting and a learning experience. Most everyone are cool and very helpful. I have met some great folks due to creating that thread/page.

Let's see if anyone else posts for a few opinion's, I can make one and we can have it for both the SE and the LE/LV.

Meanwhile my shopping has begun for my Special place for her...what you think of these little fun items ?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1909 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I did the same thing with the JP LE thread, it has been fun. exciting and a learning experience. Most everyone are cool and very helpful. I have net some great folks du to creating that thread/page.
Let's see if anyone else posts for a few opinion's, I can make one and we can have it for both the SE and the LE/LV.
Meanwhile my shopping has become for my Special place for her...what you think of these little fun items ?[quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#1910 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Cointaker may be able to answer that but since they said it's B/W widebody dimensions for the new cab I'd suspect you'd have to use that type of side rails and lock-down bar.

#1911 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT: but I have to know, is this the cart you were using? If so it’s hard for me to imagine how it could fall over, I have been using this cart for years and it is rock solid! Even while moving a JJP wide body around.
[quoted image]

Hard to immagine or not, it happens. I have also had a pin tip and fall over with my HF lift table. It was due to a combination of orientation on the lift surface as well as it being moved on carpet. I have widened the lifting surface so the table lifts via the bottom edges of both the cab sides simultaneously and hopefully won't have the issue happen again.

#1912 3 years ago

any updates for the people that lost money on the heighway fiasco?

#1913 3 years ago

What movies are used in the Alien pinball game....is it Alien and Aleins movies ...and ??

#1914 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Cointaker may be able to answer that but since they said it's B/W widebody dimensions for the new cab I'd suspect you'd have to use that type of side rails and lock-down bar.

I want to do the same too. Has to be black all around

#1915 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I want to do the same too. Has to be black all around

delt do you think standard rails black would look good or the lollipops they put on the remake? This Must be blacked out!

#1916 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT: but I have to know, is this the cart you were using? If so it’s hard for me to imagine how it could fall over, I have been using this cart for years and it is rock solid! Even while moving a JJP wide body around.
[quoted image]

The wheel base is too close together. The problem occurs when you're pushing it and the wheels hit resistance, ie, a pebble or even carpet if it bunches up.

With even a small amount of inertia, it can quickly become off balance because it's so top heavy with the narrow wheel base.

#1917 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What movies are used in the Alien pinball game....is it Alien and Aleins movies ...and ??

Just the first two, Alien and Aliens.

#1918 3 years ago

There is a $2200 difference in pricing between the standard edition and the LV edition. I doubt that that number was selected arbitrarily without a thought as to what they plan to put into the LV over and above what is in the standard. The list of things that make sense from a value standpoint that I could think of is as follows:

LV Model

1) Powder coating
2) shaker motor
3) playfield screen
4) larger backbox screen
5) additional playfield toys/ features
6) Topper
7) certificate of authenticity signed by various peeps associated with project

I think if they add all that then it could justify $2200 US of extra value and still have some money left over

#1919 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

in the original, the weapons aren’t explained really well so this really puts a spotlight on it.

This confuses me. On the original, the apron had two large decals saying (roughly; not at my machine right now) “Extra Ball button changes selected weapon” and “Launch button fires selected weapon”. During gameplay, either the upper left quadrant of the main screen or the Airlock screen would say something like “VP70 Handgun - Press Launch Button for Bonus X Advance”. These aren’t good explanations?

#1920 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

There is a $2200 difference in pricing between the standard edition and the LV edition. I doubt that that number was selected arbitrarily without a thought as to what they plan to put into the LV over and above what is in the standard. The list of things that make sense from a value standpoint that I could think of is as follows:
LV Model
1) Powder coating
2) shaker motor
3) playfield screen
4) larger backbox screen
5) additional playfield toys/ features
6) Topper
7) certificate of authenticity signed by various peeps associated with project
I think if they add all that then it could justify $2200 US of extra value and still have some money left over

It's most likely not going to be pf screen. Most likely invisiglass. They also mentioned more LED's and possibly under cab lighting

#1921 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's not going to be pf screen. Most likely invisiglass. They also mentioned more LED's and possibly under cab lighting

They did not rule it out and said if there was demand for it then they would put it in. Can't see invisiglass and some more LEDs being a $2200 upgrade without it.

#1922 3 years ago

They did not rule it out and said if there was demand for it then they would put it in. Can't see invisiglass and some more LEDs being a $2200 upgrade without it.

That was just in respect to the pf monitor - which they didn't say was 'open for discussion'. Invisiglass price +/- LCD (probably more $$). The rest of what you listed is likely too, along with mirror blades/ art blades too.

Now, if they do add the PF screen, that would seem pretty disturbing based on what they've said already and I'm not sure I would trust them and probably cancel my order. If you are going to have it in a higher model state it. Don't play games.

#1923 3 years ago

Ok preparing the last details of the game room for this wonderful new arrival! An all Alien adventure!!!

20D60AFA-01D2-425F-998A-FFB0E99CF032 (resized).jpeg20D60AFA-01D2-425F-998A-FFB0E99CF032 (resized).jpeg64788706-0FF9-4253-B930-EF60B09B2639 (resized).jpeg64788706-0FF9-4253-B930-EF60B09B2639 (resized).jpeg
#1924 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok preparing the last details of the game room for this wonderful new arrival! An all Alien adventure!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

NICE! I like it...

#1925 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That poster is massive, makes my translite coming look tiny. Is that from Bryan?

#1926 3 years ago

Will the SE edition be standard width vs wide body?
Also, will the LV/LE edition be standard or wide body?

#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The wheel base is too close together. The problem occurs when you're pushing it and the wheels hit resistance, ie, a pebble or even carpet if it bunches up.
With even a small amount of inertia, it can quickly become off balance because it's so top heavy with the narrow wheel base.

Ok makes sense, I am on hard wood floors so it moves around effortlessly, but I could see it being an issue on carpet.

#1928 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Will the SE edition be standard width vs wide body?
Also, will the LV/LE edition be standard or wide body?

Still wide body

#1929 3 years ago

For those curious on limited LE...being called LV (limited versions) models....games:
LV-426 is being auctioned off in US for charity
and
LV-223 is being auctioned off in UK for charity

I tried to snag one of these 2 numbers....no go.
Guess I will buy a few lottery tickets

#1930 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For those curious on limited LE...being called LV (limited versions) models....games:
LV-426 is being auctioned off in US for charity
and
LV-223 is being auctioned off in UK for charity
I tried to snag one of these 2 numbers....no go.
Guess I will buy a few lottery tickets

Where did you see this?

#1931 3 years ago

How the weapons work and how tu use them... again, read the f*****g manual!!!

#1932 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

any updates for the people that lost money on the heighway fiasco?

PB have announced that people who pre-ordered with Heighway, and didn't receive their game, can apply for a 50% off voucher which can be used at any of the PB distributors before 12/2023.

Here's the details

PB Voucher (resized).JPGPB Voucher (resized).JPG
#1933 3 years ago

I don’t know if I’m allowed to post correspondence but I emailed PB and asked if they would consider putting the LCD on the LE, and they said:

- Nothing has been confirmed yet
- It was referred to by them as “Limited Version” (LV), so expect that nomenclature
- It’s estimated to exist “within six months”

#1934 3 years ago

Just a reminder, this is what we're talking about.
New in box, better electronics, no hinky glass bezel, new physical ball lock, new weapons inserts, and a real back box.

No andrew Hieghway.

6d9a39f2da4ace732f7e4f2fdabf615f4620f91a (resized).jpg6d9a39f2da4ace732f7e4f2fdabf615f4620f91a (resized).jpg84c5067bd396bf9a6975c989b6cd5dbb24d53028 (resized).jpg84c5067bd396bf9a6975c989b6cd5dbb24d53028 (resized).jpg

#1935 3 years ago

Everyone talking black powder coating. Why not green?

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Actually the dark bluish was the best.

#1937 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

PB have announced that people who pre-ordered with Heighway, and didn't receive their game, can apply for a 50% off voucher which can be used at any of the PB distributors before 12/2023.
Here's the details[quoted image]

Wow Pinball Brothers!! What a class move! I'm so happy for the people that got screwed by Andrew.

#1938 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Having seen what it looks like with the slime green (which is actually a color I really like on black) it is TOO much. I like it minimally. In this case to me it is better black rails and green light/art accents.

#1939 3 years ago

Blue or black. I'm leaning towards black

#1941 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

NICE! I like it...

Yes limited print. Looks incredible. He does amazing work.

#1942 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yes limited print. Looks incredible. He does amazing work.

You know anyone else making or have made translite for aliens? I need 2 different ones.

#1943 3 years ago

#1944 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

How the weapons work and how tu use them... again, read the f*****g manual!!!

nobody bothers to read the rules card ..ain't nobody gonna read a damn manual

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I don’t know if I’m allowed to post correspondence but I emailed PB and asked if they would consider putting the LCD on the LE, and they said:
- Nothing has been confirmed yet
- It was referred to by them as “Limited Version” (LV), so expect that nomenclature
- It’s estimated to exist “within six months”

So they are neither confirming nor denying that a playfield LCD will be a feature on the LV. I think they should have finalized the features of the LV before selling the standard edition. I still can't see what could possibly be $2200 without it. JJP Standard to LE is $1000, Stern Premium to LE is about $1200-1400.

#1946 3 years ago

So they are neither confirming nor denying that a playfield LCD will be a feature on the LV. I think they should have finalized the features of the LV before selling the standard edition. I still can't see what could possibly be $2200 without it. JJP Standard to LE is $1000, Stern Premium to LE is about $1200-1400.

I them both like I am and you’ll be safe lol

#1947 3 years ago

Seems smart not to undercut sales of the standard edition by revealing too much on the LV. But they may also genuinely not know, as this is their first machine. Any way you look at it, an Alien for a little over $8k shipped is incredible. This is gonna be a home run.

#1948 3 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

I them both like I am and you’ll be safe lol

That must be that good Canadian weed talkin.

#1949 3 years ago

In the podcast, PB mentioned using common components and I noticed the new PF has flipper bat shaft holes (as opposed to the original having a hole for the entire flipper bat), so given Pedretti is a licensed manufacturer for B/W parts, I'm assuming it'll have WMS flipper mechs and I'm guessing WMS coils throughout.

What other parts are likely to be swapped out for WMS components?

#1950 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ll echo what some others are saying Cookie
It’s my favorite game and we buy a lot of the same games
Code is phenomenal good and layout is uniquely great too
If you want a barren two ramp nothing else in there “flow monster” then this isn’t for you. Buy LZ
And for “flow” it’s pretty damn good once you get those combos going

I want to play this one bad, when is it releasing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.