20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
A9F4C5E8-5E36-44E8-8A8D-0B47B8CB785F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yipykya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1345 1 year ago

I haven't posted on pinside in years. I was fortunate way back when to get the $6500.00 back I sent Andrew for an Alien pin right before Heighway went under. I counted my blessings, shut my mouth, and stepped away.

But this speculation of the revival of the Alien pin has peaked my interest again in pinball, as for as putting a second pin in the back of my theater room.

I have a lovely TWDLE and haven't seen a theme that has interested me since Alien.

The only other themes that would open my pocketbook would be Resident Evil and maybe Jaws. (edit... and The Fifth Element would be a hoot)

And now I wait. A factory supported Alien pin with all the kinks worked out would be something I wouldn't be able to avoid eagerly owning.

If it's going to happen, I sure hope all of the audio work Mr Theil did is preserved.

#1457 1 year ago

Oh my! I don't believe it. A number of these pins are actually ready to ship. I won't say how I've come to believe this because I don't want to get anyone in trouble, and I don't want to jinx it.

So now that I'm firmly and safely tucked into my flame suit I'll say this: you'll know if I'm right in less than 24 hours. So just wait a bit before you roast and skewer me.

I know that sounds impossible, unimaginable, unfathomable, crazy, but... I have quietly gathered my ducks and formed them in a neat row pending tomorrow's announcement (being the optimistic sucker that I am).

As for the rest of you, as Ash once said: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

So will Cointaker be the only distributor?

No idea. I'm not biting.

#1461 1 year ago

Clever.

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Oh my! I don't believe it. A number of these pins are actually ready to ship. I won't say how I've come to believe this because I don't want to get anyone in trouble, and I don't want to jinx it.
So now that I'm firmly and safely tucked into my flame suit I'll say this: you'll know if I'm right in less than 24 hours. So just wait a bit before you roast and skewer me.
I know that sounds impossible, unimaginable, unfathomable, crazy, but... I have quietly gathered my ducks and formed them in a neat row pending tomorrow's announcement (being the optimistic sucker that I am).
As for the rest of you, as Ash once said: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Edit: I received news this morning that conflicts with what I was told yesterday. Nothing to be alarmed about but maybe these aren't ready to ship as quickly as I was lead to believe. I don't know what to believe at this point but hopefully we'll know in a few hours.

The joy I'm filled with in knowing Alien is about to be offered with support has overcome any angst about delivery swiftness.

Unrelated Question: If one were to build up a stash of proprietary spare parts for this specific pin in anticipation of a breakdown or in case they became difficult to find for repairs in the far off future, what would you be squirreling away now?

#1771 1 year ago

I was hoping to send a $1000.00 down payment to CoinTaker yesterday to secure my Alien pin but as we know only the standard version is being offered first. I am of the opinion that if sales show signs of slowing down the LV, LE, Collectors Edition (whatever you want to call it) will then be offered because it would assuredly be guaranteed to sell out and provide an additional 500 pin sales at that point. Smart, going with the standard edition first and getting any issues resolved first.

So I called Melissa at CoinTaker and she assured me my name is #2 on the LV list they started and I am guaranteed a game when they begin taking deposits for the LV. Who got there before me and sits at #1 on the list? LOL

I listened to the podcast where Pinball Brothers made their big introductory announcement yesterday and was keenly interested on what they had to say about the planned LV model differences starting at 2:05:20

At least not more than 500 LV's will be made.
It will have the same game play but other toys and lighting effects.
Color trim on side and lock down bar.
They have a list of addons they are evaluating to see what they can squeeze into the LV but it's more than can fit so further evaluation is needed to balance that out.
I'm thinking the existing toys might be cosmetically upgraded too but that's conjecture - it wasn't specifically stated.

They say they want to only offer the standard edition currently and make sure it works solidly and if they see they are able to do that then maybe offer additional parts that people can install themselves in their machines at home. And only later people may be able to order options installed at the factory but currently don't want to add complexity into the build process at the factory.

They mentioned a shaker motor will only need 4 screws and a cable upon installation as the standard edition already has the output ready.

I am of the opinion the LV Edition will not have the playfield screen but keep with the informative sentry gun and ammo inserts. They went into some interesting detail on what these inserts will add as for as more information to the player. While a playfield screen would be immersive I think in the home environment where you can get intimately familiar with the game over time through the backbox screen a playfield screen that mirrors it would be redundant as they eluded to. The small screen that took the place of the Queen Chamber should be able to give enough valuable differing information to the player and I think that's a good compromise.

So I didn't have to put down an initial deposit yet and I'm guaranteed the Collectors Edition. All in all a good day.

Now I worry worst case scenario what if they don't get to the Collectors Edition? I thought about it. Pretty sure they won't give up an opportunity to get those out so they can get an additional 500 units sold and $2000.00 more per pin. I doubt they will lack in sales with this theme.

I'm settled and look forward to being contacted when the LE's are ready.

#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The more I thought about it, unless there is something amazing on the LV that I can't get on the SE I doubt I jump for a 2k increase at that point. I'm not interested in the blue or green powder coat trim, as I'm going to black mine out most likely. I'm assuming invisiglass will be part of that package, but what else at 2k difference?
Perhaps the lit outer cab? I did think that was really cool on the OG, but since it will be packed among others, it would never be seen in my lineup, so it's not a deal breaker either.
Perhaps a topper...and my do I have some ideas for toppers. Curious to see what happens there.
What I would like to see is on the magnet for the xeno, it actually have some sort of plastic around that inner mouth, but I don't know if that is even possible with how it is configured.

I can't justify the cost difference between the Standard Edition and the Collectors Edition, we don't know much yet. But when I was a little kid someone unseemly took me to see the Alien movie that was showing in theaters before I was age appropriate and I've been a collector of Alien/s memorabilia my whole life since. I was always going to buy the Collectors Edition over any other regardless. I'm scarred and will carry this burden for the rest of my life.

#1775 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Perhaps the lit outer cab? I did think that was really cool on the OG, but since it will be packed among others, it would never be seen in my lineup, so it's not a deal breaker either.
Perhaps a topper...and my do I have some ideas for toppers. Curious to see what happens there.

I don't think a lit outer cab is in the cards, they listed the reasons not going that route in the podcast. I bet the revolving beacons will be the LV topper. I have so much Alien crap I'm sure I'll find something to mount between the beacons.

alien-warrior-blue-edition-life-size-head (resized).jpg
#1797 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

so everyone else had to put down a $1000 deposit that is transferable to the LE's when ready.. but you're "guarenteed" one just by making a phone call and plan to jump everyone in line who paid a deposit? let us know how that works out for ya.

I asked to be invoiced for an LE. They aren't taking down payments on an LE yet. I showed no interest in the standard. They have a list going for people like me that only want the LE. I'm not jumping ahead of anyone. No one has put money down on an LE with them. But I expect when LE's become available and they start working down that list for LE buyers I'll be called for my deposit as I'm second on the list. Fair?

#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

the SE's also aren't available yet they require a deposit to secure a spot. why would anyone send them money? just phone 'em up and tell them you're good for it!

I think you're "good for it" when you put down the deposit.

You do realize the Alien Standards are supposed to begin shipping in January, right? That's very soon. How are you going to transfer your deposit when you already paid for and received the machine you put your deposit on for a LE that won't be available for 6 months down the road?

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

when they message peeps with deposits I assume they ask for the balance to be paid or if they'll want their spot to be transferred to the LE's. they're taking 2nd quarter deposits now for games available in 4months down the road. a phone call passes all them people too? again, why would ANYONE pay a deposit if just a phone call is required?

Well they updated their web site for 2nd quarter deposit listings and it clearly states deposits on the standard edition are not transferrable to an LE at least on the 2nd batch you brought up. What do you want from me? If you really just want an LE get yourself put on the LE list and they'll contact you when they begin taking deposits for them. Use the phone - they're open today.

The people paying deposits now are for what they have listed. Again, not for an LE.

Edit: I just realized you're in Canada. I don't know how things work through your distributor Nitro. I'm in The US and our distributor is CoinTaker and that's who I've been referring to. Good luck with your Alien endeavors.

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

When I actually SEE what the LE has, then I’ll decide. FOMO is BS. If they all get sold out before I make a decision then that’s fine. Money saved as far as I’m concerned.

Meh, it's mostly just cosmetic differences, mostly. Game play is supposed to be the same. I think that's a healthy attitude you have there.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from stevenb28:

I want to see what the LE has before I get one.

Well they won't even start taking deposits for LE's until the details are announced so that's going to work out nicely for you, ...for all of us.

#1819 1 year ago
Quoted from Mercifull:

Makes you wonder why they said the LV was going to have a run of 500, missed a trick there by not going for 426

At 2:08:00 in the podcast they never did say definitively exactly how many total LV's will be made, only that they have a plan for making Limited Versions and they assume it will be 500 but "at least not more than 500. " Not sure how to interpret that.

One of them also referred to it as a Limited Collector's Version so besides LE, LV, CE, and CV there's now LCV that we can add to all of it's designations. LOL

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

LV-426 would Certainly be a part of what is on the radar .... But not just that, also a Pro426.

I think you're on to something there. Referring to the Collector's Edition (or LV = Limited Version as they are fond of) as The LV-426 (if they limited it to 426 units) would be a pretty cool call out in the Alien Universe.

Credit to Mercifull too for pointing it out!

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from dung:

Beacons, easy to do, but they are obnoxiously noisy.

Wait what? Are there sirens or speakers contained inside the beacons? Or do you mean it's noisy via the code when the beacons are active?

If there's a noise maker in the beacons that can't be adjusted for volume control I wonder if using a gob of tape or some other material would quiet it down. ???

#1852 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I did reserve a spot but I do have my reservations on the look of the turret art. It does look a little copy and paste, I hope the final version looks a little more complete with the style of the rest of the game kind of does stick out like a sore thumb but I owned an original and the gameplay is one of the best which is why I am onboard for the remake.

Aren't the white turrets like an insert that lights up during play modes? Like the white inserts in between them?

I'm thinking they must have lighting underneath or the muzzel flash in front of each wouldn't be white but colored yellow. Right?

#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

That's the ammo clip for Sentry Guns, shoot off one on each orbit. Shots add ammo, Sentry Guns Multiball qualifies after 1000 rounds are built up. Only multiball that is stackable, but it can only stack by starting it during another MB. See vids above.

Sentry guns, not turrets, thankyou. The new ones that replaced the playfield screen with the 2 columns of 5 white insert boxes between them. They're not in the videos with the playfield screen. That's a separate muzzel flash insert in front of each at the barrel tip, right? All that lights up with colored lights from underneath, right? I think we might be talking about different things.

Sentry Guns (resized).jpg
#1861 1 year ago

Thanks. Are games going to ship looking like that? It almost looks like it wasn't finished yet in the published flyer. It does seem out of place but I guess with the game turned on and lighting underneath it would look better.

Sentry Guns (resized).jpg
#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yea I wished they added a little splash of color but maybe it’s lit from leds?

Agreed. I'm sure there is a yellow LED under the muzzle flashes or those inserts will be yellow with a white LED underneath for the muzzle flash.
And those white sentry guns - ??? Probably unfinished in the advertising flyer?

#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yea I wished they added a little splash of color but maybe it’s lit from leds?

Agreed, I'm thinking the pics from the flyers are place holders. I hope. Maybe all that white imagery that replaced the playfield screen is just missing colored insert lenses.

#1868 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Nope if you watch the vids, the sentry guns when it is made the entire screen does the flashing instead of a little insert. No Sentry Gun "magazine bars" for the display version... when you have a PF screen the actual detailed ammo count number/progress is in the large boxes as an actual number, main playfield display, upper right quadrant. Using inserts the effect is still present but much reduced in detail. Maybe easier to see progress if you do not know where to look, but that is all that could be an "improvement" for insert sentry guns.

Ok I get it. Is the airlock screen giving ammo count numbers or is it on to something else during these events?

#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The inserts will stay clear, can only hope some of the white might get filled in somehow.

Yep, fingers crossed. I can see where using colored insert lenses defeat the purpose of using RGB lighting underneath. But for the ammo count blocks in the no playfield screen version what other color would be used other than green? Or were they yellow in the movies?

I guess if they turned red when your getting low on ammo that would be a nice effect.

#1873 1 year ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The idea is to burn out all the ammo at the orbits, then reload at Xeno and Scoop. Go again, as long as the MB lasts for you.

That's awesome, thank you. As you might have guessed I haven't got to play the game yet. Probably won't get to until I bring one home to learn on.

#1874 1 year ago

Interesting - not sure if this was posted before.
I was browsing this:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2020/12/18/alien-remake-announced/

And ran across this show room link:

http://www.pedrettigaming.it/en/chi-siamo

#1981 1 year ago

Curious: Does anyone else remember Andrew mentioning or showing an idea a long long time ago about a face hugger mech popping out of each of the egg bumpers each time they get activated? Probably deemed it not feasible or reliable.

And thinking about it, is there such a thing as having an area in a pinball machine that's just too busy? LoL

#1983 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

lol i literally said this exact thing needed to be a mod a few pages ago.

Ha I missed it. I thought I saw some concept drawings Andrew posted where he was trying to figure this out.

Regardless, if someone develops a clever idea along these lines it would be impressive. Then again every time a ball gets trapped in the bumpers and things are popping up and down chaotically it might get cheezy. But it would surley make one laugh.

#2106 1 year ago

With all this talk of code I am hoping they can make an effort to place in a bulb that flashes on the Alien head that activates during tongue capture sequences on the remakes. I remember people here discussing and wishing for that.

There isn't a lighting effect for that currently, right?

1 week later
#2160 1 year ago

Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew, Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash and Captain Dallas, are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.

Here's to a good New Year, as this one sucked and leaves us mostly stunned and shocked, mostly.

harry-dean-stanton-alien (resized).jpg

Cheers

1 week later
#2228 1 year ago

Alien Pinball Breaking News! (for you LV-LE-CV seekers):

Evidently interest in the Limited Edition Alien pin has reached a surprising new level. CoinTaker needed to add a $1.00 placeholder charge to their website just for people who wish to demonstrate their interest in it because the LV list they are keeping has become overwhelming. I immediately sent the $1.00 payment with PayPal thinking something had changed and the list was started over for the planned upcoming 500 LV's.

Just out of curiosity I called this morning and Melissa said they just recently added the $1.00 charge on the website because the list they were keeping has grown such that it was becoming unwieldly. However from what I understand if your name is already logged on their Official LV List everything is still fine with your spot to be contacted for the initial Limited Edition deposit.

The new LE $1.00 payment descriptor states: This is for the our "I am interested in purchasing a Alien Limited Version" list.

https://cointaker.com/products/alien-limited-version-interest-list

1 week later
#2334 1 year ago

I return occasionally to check on this thread just for the banter.

I know my LV won't even be close to delivery until at least 6 months from now.

I know PB have been getting their ducks in a row for a few years and with the million they previously lost with Heighway and the money they continued to invest since, they have a plan to be successful.

I know PB aren't dependant on pre deposit sales as they're aware they don't get a dime of the pre deposit sales.

I know they went the distributor only route because it was the only way to be taken seriously but the right way to demonstrate their own confidence as well as give their customers confidence.

I know they have deep pockets and they're footing all the bills and investments with the only risks being to themselves.

I know they wouldn't have secured the assets, the license, offered support to those that got screwed, and made improvements in the game design if they weren't serious about being successful.

I know they announced because it fits their timeline and gives the customer base time to plan financially.

I know great interest is there because the US distributor has been inundated with requests to be put on their LV list.

I know we hem and haw like babies for more info but we can't always get what we want, but if we try real hard, we get what we need.

I know they're not Cylons, but I know... They Have a Plan.

These are things I know. I mean, I think I know. We know these things right?

#2336 1 year ago

I know.

#2340 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I know of no reason why if they had at least one machine actually built they would not be showing/telling us about it.
Maybe Yipykia does.

I know they have a plan

I know they have a timeline

I know you know I don't know anything else

I'm just here for the banter at this point

Lol

#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Still this is all nothing but fluff.
Good day to u kind sirs.
I said good day.

How dare you sir!

This is not fluff.

This is banter!

1 week later
#2407 12 months ago

I'm sad for those that are stressing about the wait for their pins and those that post just to instigate worry for them.

I'm waiting for an LV. When I'm contacted for a deposit and then the remainder balance when the pin is being put on a truck for my destination, I'm gladly going to fork over my money. All this fuss and hand wringing will be done sorted long before that happens way down the road.

I guess what I'm saying is relax, what will be will be. The day will come. But until then why let your panties get bunched? It's not like anyone has any money in jeopardy. It's not like what's said here will change or expedite anything.

I wish this was more of a happy anticipatory discussion but since we have already seen the game years ago, or at least 90% of what it's going to be, the posts here are understandably bitchy.

I for one wait optimistically with the joy of anticipation. It's freaking ALIEN! Love it.

1 week later
#2529 11 months ago

CoinTaker confirmed they are receiving 2 Alien pins to "go over" this week barring any weather related shipping issues.

Melissa said they will make an announcement and post videos.

Just a reminder of Alien awesomeness

“Hey Ripley, don’t worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phased plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks…”

#2599 11 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Everyone wants to know this but guessing a few possibilities...
Upgraded playfield glass
Larger LCD backbox screen
Upgraded mirrored backglass art / Upgraded art
Special Topper / beacon lights
Under cabinet lighting
Black drippy powder coated armor
Serialized plate
Glowing Side blade art
Lockdown bar w./ LCD integration or playfield LCD

Those guesses are good as any. Add to them the shaker motor.

I listened to the podcast where Pinball Brothers made their big introductory announcement and was keenly interested on what they had to say about the planned LV model differences starting at 2:05:20 -

At least not more than 500 LV's will be made.
It will have the same game play but other toys and lighting effects.
Color trim on side and lock down bar.
They have a list of addons they are evaluating to see what they can squeeze into the LV but it's more than can fit so further evaluation is needed to balance that out.
I'm thinking the existing toys might be cosmetically upgraded too but that's conjecture - it wasn't specifically stated.

They say they want to only offer the standard edition currently and make sure it works solidly and if they see they are able to do that then maybe offer additional parts that people can install themselves in their machines at home. And only later people may be able to order options installed at the factory but currently don't want to add complexity into the build process at the factory.

They mentioned a shaker motor will only need 4 screws and a cable upon installation as the standard edition already has the output ready.

Whatever upgrade options they do end up offering will likely be included with the LV by default besides goodies unique to the LV model.

And since the LV is 6 months down the road that leaves a lot of time to implement any improvements and fixes that could be discovered/gleaned from the prior standard edition sales.

#2600 11 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

They will do the same thing as Big Lebowski. Ship from place of origin to destination...

I disagree. PB were specific about 2 things when announcing:

No collecting preorder money
And all sales through distributors

The nice thing about distributor sales and support is not having to contact an out of country manufacturer if you have an issue. The US distributor, CoinTaker, seems to have a good reputation for customer support. They are getting 2 units early to "go over" and I'm sure they will be familiarizing themselves with every aspect of the pin to fulfill their support role competently and build up a well rounded parts inventory.

#2603 11 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Your in delusion land if you think coin taker is going to open every box, check it then ship from there.

Where did I say this?

#2612 11 months ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Found a new gift for the wife
[quoted image]

Be right back ...I'm going out to get my ears pierced.

#2639 11 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It shows the sentry gun inserts lit - I wonder if they're always white[quoted image]

I wonder if these inserts will have color too.

Perhaps added colors here will be one of the anticipated unique LV cosmetic differentiators?

PB did specifically say the LV's will have different lighting effects (as well as different toys) during the standard edition introductory announcement podcast.

#2641 11 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I mentioned awhile ago that the sentry gun inserts being white looked a little bit out of place because of the color. Not exactly bad...just not quite fitting in. I guess pictures might be deceiving, but bright white wouldn't have been my first choice. Warm white would have looked better than the bright white. Still a good looking pin regardless.

I read you can see in a reflection that they do indeed have color capability. Sure enough if you pause at the 22 second mark you can see in a reflection they're green. Look in the lower right quadrant of the backbox art underneath the LCD screen to the right of the PB logo. Booyah! Just a little surprise that awaits discovery. Wonder how advanced the coding is to tie the ammo counters in with the whole. Could be meh. Or it could be holy sh!t spectacular. They did have a couple years to sort things out and integrate. We'll see!

2 weeks later
#2807 10 months ago

Since no one else will make a 45 second phone call I did.

Melissa said their Alien pins were held up for whatever reason.

She said they will stream video next week.

I was told they are receiving 4 or 5 more pins air freight next week and those will go out to customers. Then the week after a few more via air freight to go out to customers. Then from there it will be containers.

I didn't call to waste her time and discuss third world problems. I felt bad enough bothering her with such trivialities. She is such a sweetheart.

You're welcome.

#2809 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I agree with you. They don't need to be bothered, PB should be the ones stating this stuff.

LOL - I didn't know their number

1 week later
#2860 10 months ago

Don't shoot the messenger

#2861 10 months ago

I'm just as eager as everyone else for new news but I'm not upset. I'm in for an LV so I've got a long wait any way I look at it.

Hopefully someone will come along out of nowhere and post play or their unboxing and absolutely blow this thread up.

#2953 10 months ago

A new pin with a new play field shows dimples. Is that shocking?

After so many games on that new play field, no more dimples. Right?

Isn't that how it works?

My TWD had dimples at first when new but they didn't last long. Don't they even out over time with more and more games played? Mine did.

And how do we know the zeno head doesn't work? Was a shot made where it was supposed to activate but didn't? I really don't know, never got my hands on one to play or learn on.

#2955 10 months ago

I really think that short video was more about "Hey it's really here and real!" ...and not so much a demonstration video to show modes and toy mechanisms.

I'm not going to be critical about the brief video we saw, I'm more thankful anything was posted just to show ALIEN IS ALIVE!

#2994 10 months ago

Despite what might be described as angst from certain pinsiders
its-alive (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3040 10 months ago

Hmmm...

IMG_20210323_123335 (resized).jpgIMG_20210323_123439 (resized).jpg
#3042 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man these games don't even exist yet and already dreaming of cheap plastic crap to hot glue all over them?
Take it easy!

That's nothing, I've got a room full of crap from 30 years of collecting Alien/s paraphernalia

#3059 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How about a picture of said crap?

Yeah no thanks not here to show off but if you'll follow me down to the basement...
IMG_20190602_215753~2 (resized).jpg

#3079 9 months ago

How does CoinTaker collecting refundable deposits make them or anyone else money?

They're just holding it to establish a que for buyers to demonstrate they're serious, first come first served.

Are we really arguing about this?

I see the arguments, but honestly, is there any other way for a distributor to be transparent and fair to everyone?

Let's not behave like anyone is in jeopardy of losing their money like the first go around. PB are the only ones with any risk. If they have the fortitude to pull this off there really are no losers. We just wait and see what happens.

What will be will be.

4 weeks later
#3534 9 months ago

I've been pre-occupied with other hobbies lately and this morning just watched the unboxing/play video everyone has been clamoring for over the past 6 months.

Home Run PB! Glad to see the 2 years in re-development were spent earnestly making all these momentous improvements. Nice payoff. The clean organized underside of the playfield looks to be on another level, well done. I especially like those playfield walls that were converted into RGB lighting areas, genius move and a most welcome change from the originals. The mechanical ball eating element seems to be solid now also.

Being a fanboy of the Alien franchise I'm in for an LV, but honestly, I would be ecstatic to own this edition if I was impatient or this was all that was being offered.

I still can't believe how the playfield underside looks so neat and simple compared to the underside of my TWD which has a multitude of differently sized wires heading in all directions comparatively. Perhaps this simplicity will make pumping these out in large numbers an afterthought reality once the factory gets rolling. It sure looks to have been well planned.

After the speaker wiring issue gets sorted on the featured pin in the video, I wonder what value adding a bone rattling self standing 30" subwoofer box on the floor underneath might add to the experience? I foresee a lot of drywall screws popping out of the walls in my future.

#3541 8 months ago

Thanks for the update, nice to see your audio issue was corrected simply by just swapping 2 misplaced wire connections. Well done.

Now I'm thinking an external sub might be redundant if the internal woofer is actually shaking the whole pin just from moving air, that's a shaker's job!

Amazing the sound is that good with just onboard audio making the external amp unnecessary.

On an unrelated note, in your next video would you just say, "Get to the chopper!" I just want to hear it once.

#3629 8 months ago

Now that recent video and pics have shown us what PB has been up to for the last couple years we are beginning to see the extent of some careful planning that has gone into bringing this pin back, streamlined and improved.

Having said that, I wouldn't bet against them already having a plan for the beacons and who knows, maybe even strobes.

They did say during the initial podcast reveal that there may be optional factory installed upgrades as well as user installed upgrades to come, but didn't want to introduce any more complexity in the manufacturing process early in the SV run.

We did hear casually mentioned in the podcast also that there are already output leads for a shaker motor in the SV's, yet nothing has been mentioned as to when they'll make their shaker's available.

My guess is we will see the beacons and other accessories introduced closer to when they begin promoting the LV, which will probably have all the extras included, as well as other goodies unique to the LV model.

#3632 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I emailed them and they responded this morning that they haven’t thought about the beacons. Basically nothing. Now they could be lying to cover but I doubt it.

Lol, I never believed for a moment that whatever topper they go with would be anything other than the beacons. We'll see!

Let's face it, we're not going to get any info on what surprises the LV holds until they finalize what's going into it. They said during the SV podcast intro that they have a lot more stuff they want to put in the LV than can actually fit in it.

#3635 8 months ago
Quoted from miracleman:

ALIEN would be the game that should have that crazy 'steam' blast thing that THE ART OF PINBALL guy pitched for any any game a couple years ago.

I did ask PB about coding in a fog machine option for Alien a while back and they responded to me saying that they did consider doing that early on but reserved that option for another pin they have planned down the line.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yipykya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside