20210620_104344 (resized).jpg
20210620_101106 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210619-123810_Chrome (resized).jpg
20210619_113041 (resized).jpg
20210618_183039 (resized).jpg
20210618_171449 (resized).jpg
CDF9C8FD-E9E3-4624-8F8E-BA76DD881231.jpeg
alien pinball (resized).jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 82.
#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

In your opinion Melissa Cointaker is totally foolish? She loves loose time with nothing in her hands?

I have zero opinion on Cointaker. They aren't the ones building these games are they?

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have zero opinion on Cointaker. They aren't the ones building these games are they?

They takes pre-orders for nothing? If you know everything.. please please share with us...

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

They takes pre-orders for nothing? If you know everything.. please please share with us...

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've read all day.

Since Cointaker is taking deposits, that means these Italians know how to build reliable pinball machines? Can you steer me through these logic gymnastics?

Cointaker took deposits on that lemon Lebowski too, dude. Explain that.

Cointaker likes money, and they are hoping this works out too. Good for them. Doesn't seem like they are taking any risk here, nobody is gonna hold it against them if this thing turns out like a 1970s FIAT, or if the whole thing collapses and people get their deposits back.

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Can someone explain how the weapons are used?

Each weapon you collect gives you bonus items like increased bonus X or two extra alien hits for multiball start. You can choose to activate them when you press the start button.

#1605 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Since Cointaker is taking deposits, that means these Italians know how to build reliable pinball machines? Can you steer me through these logic gymnastics?
Cointaker likes money, and they are hoping this works out too. Good for them.

Lebowski is no lemon, I own one. Neither is my original Alien. Not every game has to be made in America, by Stern. There is room for others in this space. Not sure what you are upset about here, no prepayment is required, Italy has a great manufacturing tradition, Europeans don't have to pay a stupid tax, and Cointaker is good for this with a refundable deposit.

#1606 3 years ago

So I’m confused, is this a wide body or not? The originals are so damn heavy, wonder how much these new ones will weigh.

#1607 3 years ago

Wide body - w/b style.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So I’m confused, is this a wide body or not? The originals are so damn heavy, wonder how much these new ones will weigh.

#1608 3 years ago

Time to start buying my accessories ....LOL.

Calling on my few mod guys to start percolating ideas. Addict in the making.

How cool would it be if the LE came with some scary ass topper spitting water at the player.

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Lebowski is no lemon, I own one. Neither is my original Alien. Not every game has to be made in America, by Stern. There is room for others in this space. Not sure what you are upset about here, no prepayment is required, Italy has a great manufacturing tradition, Europeans don't have to pay a stupid tax, and Cointaker is good for this with a refundable deposit.

This is all fine and true.

It just doesn't justify the tortured logic that "cointaker is taking deposits so that proves this will be good."

At least we finally know the answer: CGC is not going manufacture Alien pinball.

#1610 3 years ago

so just listened to the podcast. Big news no doubt is that price. Damn - has to be the best deal in pinball period. I didn't think 12.5 but 7.7? I'm not only in for a SE now, I'm in for a LE later so whoever wants a mint SE in 6 months, lmk haha

Big takeaways from a person who has played a lot of alien.

+reworked parts is good. To be clear, the highway pinball version I had literally didn't have one issue. You'll see some people on these boards put down alien as if it was a mess. No doubt original ones were and even some later builds but once corrected (which mine was), the game was more solid than my JJP.

+Price - no one can dispute this at all. Has to be the best value considering we're talking a little more than a stern prem. The game is loaded.

+Hyperchamber Lock - always wanted this to be a real lock vs virtual on original. Nice update

+2nd magnet. The top right flipper shot is tricky on the original - this will help stage better. Not a huge thing but nice to have

+ Cabinet - I really like the package here. Looks great artwise (they took the LE alien and put it on SE...nice).

+ PF quality - from germany and apparently very well respected. Great quality so good so hear. Maybe a potential + for now as I haven't see it in person but you can tell it's top of mind for PB.

+Backdoor entrance on the scoop - just adds another shot to consider......leading to

+updated code. Original code is really good. Updating to include the back door and other little things is nice

+weapon on the pf - this is a + and -. the weapons system on original was really not clear so this really helps BUT

- no pf screen. they mentioned it wasn't for cost but durability. My alien had no issues with this screen in the pf. Although they replaced it very well, still a bummer

- no lit inner side art: really cool on the original. I wonder if someone will release lit sideblades like they have for other games (AFM, etc). would be nice.

-/+ beacons on SE. I was able to install these beacons on the original Alien SE. It should be possible to do on this I'm hoping but if not, def a negative

-/+ BB LCD screen. Wish it was giant but the one they put in seems pretty big (looks bigger than TBL) and you still have nice art to go along with it.

Ideally, would have loved to have CGC do this but I'm OK with the italian company. Again, Highway was a mess, working with unrealiable parts and ultimately very solid games came out of it (after a little help from community). These guys seem to know the industry and manufacturing but they are no CGC so def not a +.

Bottom line, amazing to see Alien come back and offered to the many folks who couldn't play the original. At this price, I expect CT will sell these like hot cakes (and if there estimates are correct, 100 per month in a few months would be impressive). I also like how PB is cutting royalties to the original developers and offering voucher.

#1611 3 years ago

Physical ball lock. Along with the second magnet, the element I wanted most that was taken out before.

Because the whole point of the hypersleep chamber is PEOPLE SLEEP IN IT.

#1612 3 years ago

I wonder if it will be more bright the original, originals are dark, so the inner lit side blades help a lot.

#1613 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

X2 my Lebowski is rock solid and I love it!

#1614 3 years ago

I didn’t get a chance listen to the whole podcast but will the inner workings like the electronics be updated? I know there was questions about the original boards being faulty, I had a prototype with the tower lights which was a mess hopefully they’re not only correcting the physical mechanisms that as well As electronics

#1615 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is all fine and true.
It just doesn't justify the tortured logic that "cointaker is taking deposits so that proves this will be good."
At least we finally know the answer: CGC is not going manufacture Alien pinball.

That is not what I said. Cointaker is taking a refundable deposit, so this is not the same as previous situations where buyers had to prepay games. We will see how well the games are built and that will determine whether people keep their deposits in the system for the LE. My guess is they will.

#1616 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cointaker likes money, and they are hoping this works out too. Good for them. Doesn't seem like they are taking any risk here, nobody is gonna hold it against them if this thing turns out like a 1970s FIAT, or if the whole thing collapses and people get their deposits back.

For someone who rails against carguments in approximately 10% of his posts you sure seem fixated on comparing this to a car made in Italy fifty freaking years ago

#1617 3 years ago

Boards have been redesigned according to the podcast

#1618 3 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

For someone who rails against carguments in approximately 10% of his posts you sure seem fixated on comparing this to a car made in Italy fifty freaking years ago

The old man said it was a fucking thrill to drive when it wasn't in the shop! (unfortunately it was usually in the shop)

#1619 3 years ago

I looked at all the information I could find on "Pedretti Gaming," and since Italian is my first language I was able to get as much detail as they were willing to offer.

Are they really supposed to be assembling these machines? If they are, well... that'll definitely be a boutique operation. They are a pinball/arcade operator and they have made some mods over the last few years, the most complex of which were relatively simple toppers - I see no indication they have something that resembles a manufacturing line. I think production numbers will be a couple per week, if even that many. As for quality, who knows... small shop does not necessarily mean bad output, but of course it seems like an entirely unproven entity.

If you want one you might be wise to get on it ASAP, I'd be shocked if these are going to be available in decent numbers.

#1620 3 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

The Fiats made in Italy right now have HORRENDOUS reliability issues. The car mags couldn't even keep them running long enough to get through test drives. Not saying that has anything to do with the company that's going to assemble Aliens just that buying a Fiat today is still a major gamble.

#1621 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The old man said it was a fucking thrill to drive when it wasn't in the shop! (unfortunately it was usually in the shop)

My dad an Alfa Romeo at one point. It was a piece of crap, even the door handles would fall off. I think he it for like one year before he got rid of it.

#1622 3 years ago

So what exactly do the Italians build well, anyway?

I've never owned a Lambo!

#1623 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Firearms

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:So what exactly do the Italians build well, anyway?

Well, my Ducati was an amazing piece of art, and reliable too.

#1625 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Motorcycles

#1626 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you serious??!!

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

Are you serious??!!

I was kidding.

I've owned a bunch of Lambos. Quality autos but a pain in the ass to change the oil.

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They're using mostly industry standard mechs, they revealed who makes the PF (anything from Germany I trust), all the PCBs are redesigned. I don't care if they assembled this thing in Siberia. There's still Zaccaria games around, how's that for comparison? Go Italy! Best food, coffee, wine and climate in the world. Add pinball to the list? Go for it!

#1630 3 years ago

Just reached out to them on Twitter regarding a UK distributor, this is still being evaluated.

#1631 3 years ago

My 3 lambo’s are amazing pieces of art!

#1632 3 years ago

I heard from Melissa there's only about 30 spots available through cointaker. I'm surprised they're still for sale if it's such a limited run here in the states.

#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

I heard from Melissa there's only about 30 spots available through cointaker. I'm surprised they're still for sale if it's such a limited run here in the states.

30 spots for the whole USA? Thats it?

#1634 3 years ago

Well not a ton of people know yet and many are focused on LZ stream today.

#1635 3 years ago

I can't really comment on anything, but since this much is public I'll just say this: wishing for nothing but good vibes and success all around. It's pinball, just gotta see how the ball rolls, but I'm rooting for this to have a happy ending.

#1636 3 years ago

Their shopping cart tells otherwise. Was 65 when I first looked after announcement.

CTcart (resized).jpgCTcart (resized).jpg
#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My dad an Alfa Romeo at one point. It was a piece of crap, even the door handles would fall off. I think he it for like one year before he got rid of it.

I leased an Alfa Romeo Stelvio for 2 years and recently handed it back at the end of the lease.

Not only was it one of the best cars I have ever driven (and I've had many) but not a single thing went wrong with it in the 2 years I had it. It was an absolute pleasure.

I now drive a Jaguar I-Pace electric car but will soon be needing a second car. Guess what? It will be another Alfa!

#1638 3 years ago

There's currently 56 spots available. Hit 231 or so pre-orders in the quantity box here: https://cointaker.com/products/httpscointakercomproductsalien-standard-edition-by-pinball-brothers and it will tell you how many are left. Oops, 55 now.

#1639 3 years ago

dang, way more limited than I would have thought, in on it either way, dream theme for sure. plus if ice says it's good... gonna be a keeper.

#1640 3 years ago

I got to put a few games on this in DC before COVID and absolutely hated it! It was dark, spooky, and had real horror vibe. The only other game that I've played that gave me the whole negative dread vibe was Walking Dead.

Because I hate it I expect alot of horror fans will absolutely love it. It gives that true horror story vibe and I wish you all the best of luck on this one. I can't comment too much on gameplay, but from an ambiance perspective, it's terrible for me, which means if you like horror it's perfect for you.

#1641 3 years ago

It's possible that number on cointakers site might mean nothing. Just could be what they initially set it to? Even 65 seems low.

#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I got to put a few games on this in DC before COVID and absolutely hated it! It was dark, spooky, and had real horror vibe. The only other game that I've played that gave me the whole negative dread vibe was Walking Dead.
Because I hate it I expect alot of horror fans will absolutely love it. It gives that true horror story vibe and I wish you all the best of luck on this one. I can't comment too much on gameplay, but from an ambiance perspective, it's terrible for me, which means if you like horror it's perfect for you.

That's what I like, I love TWD, I like a serious pinball machine now and then just for something different.

#1643 3 years ago

They haven't announced distributors inside the EU yet? Would be nice to know where the US$7777 translates into in euros.

#1644 3 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Listening to the podcast now. Love these guys and they have great contact, but 2 hours and 40 minutes for todays podcast is really long. I am never going to get any work done today. Wish they broke it up into 3 podcasts.

LOL.....First World problems

#1645 3 years ago

Put down deposit!

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

They haven't announced distributors inside the EU yet? Would be nice to know where the US$7777 translates into in euros.

https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/ has a list of disties.

#1647 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1648 3 years ago

Looks like $9999 for the LE version on PB's site. Plus $418 shipping, not bad if it comes in loaded, a couple of thousand less than I was expecting.

#1649 3 years ago

Anybody have the link to the alien game play

#1650 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Anybody have the link to the alien game play

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-cgc-going-to-manufacture-alien-pinball/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.