• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 277.
#5551 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Hey guys just joined the club today. Picked up a wreck on the cheap. Wires were cut by the previous owner to remove the head to get it down steps... There is also Plenty broken under the playfield.
I am trying to figure out what part/parts I am missing to lift the ramp. I have the entire mechanism below the playfield B-12576 on page 2-29 of the manual. But I have no clue what connects from A-12577 (lift crank assembly) to the actual ramp. I assume there is some sort of shaft that attaches in some manner.
Can anyone point me to the part numbers needed or the page is the manual I am missing and perhaps a photo of these things assembled? It would be greatly appreciated.
I am trying to get a shopping list together to resurrect this one.
Thanks!

Welcome! Looks like you got the answer you needed on the part and I wish you well on your project!

#5552 7 years ago

I tried to find the guy that posted this first and thank him for the idea to do mine, but I can't find it.
I lit up my gauges.

Getaway Gauges 007 (resized).JPGGetaway Gauges 007 (resized).JPG

#5553 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I tried to find the guy that posted this first and thank him for the idea to do mine, but I can't find it.
I lit up my gauges.

Mustangpaul did the 1st one, I used his method but with a twist using star post lights opposed to light strips (just happen to have them on hand and they fit the gauges perfectly), maybe this will help but yours looks fine as is...

Tach light mod light (resized).jpgTach light mod light (resized).jpg
PF Full Blue a (resized).jpgPF Full Blue a (resized).jpg

#5554 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Mustangpaul did the 1st one, I used his method but with a twist using star post lights opposed to light strips (just happen to have them on hand and they fit the gauges perfectly), maybe this will help but yours looks fine as is...

Yours look much better than mine do.
I just used spotlight sockets and 2smd 555 frosted.
I had them on hand also.

#5555 7 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Yours look much better than mine do.
I just used spotlight sockets and 2smd 555 frosted.
I had them on hand also.

Mine are star post lights as well from Comet. The perfect part for this mod.

Be sure to do the same on that dark speed limit sign above the right sling.

#5556 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Hey guys just joined the club today. Picked up a wreck on the cheap. Wires were cut by the previous owner to remove the head to get it down steps..

For the life of me i just cant understand why people do this !!! Just remove the bloody connectors for petes sake !!!

#5557 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

For the life of me i just cant understand why people do this !!! Just remove the bloody connectors for petes sake !!!

Yeah, I could not agree more, that's insane...

Quoted from Bos98:

Hey guys just joined the club today. Picked up a wreck on the cheap. Wires were cut by the previous owner to remove the head to get it down steps... There is also Plenty broken under the playfield.

Good luck with that project, I'm sure it will be worth all the efforts.

#5558 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hey guys just joined the club today. Picked up a wreck on the cheap. Wires were cut by the previous owner to remove the head to get it down steps..

Thats weird.. wasnt my quote

#5559 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Thats weird.. wasnt my quote

Yeah, that was odd... fixed

#5560 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

When I did mine the strips from Comet were new, no one had anything like them. Then when Art came out with the post lights they worked much better. Glad you guys liked the idea. I've used the strips to light up the ghost plastics that are on top of the sling plastics on my GB Pro also

#5561 7 years ago

I played with some LEDs and made this little mod
The car is lit up with pink but I wanted white headlights.

Disecteted a flex cool and used heat shrink to hold it together

14905577824491513206285 (resized).jpg14905577824491513206285 (resized).jpg

14905578261491185666972 (resized).jpg14905578261491185666972 (resized).jpg

14905579736981717709529 (resized).jpg14905579736981717709529 (resized).jpg

#5562 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah, I could not agree more, that's insane...

I just ordered $205 in parts. The playfield has some screws through it which I will try to tap down, sand and fix with touch up and then varethane the entire playfield as I am trying to keep this fix up as cheap as possible.

#5563 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I just ordered $205 in parts. The playfield has some screws through it which I will try to tap down, sand and fix with touch up and then varethane the entire playfield as I am trying to keep this fix up as cheap as possible.

Good luck on that. Certainly keeping things "as cheap as possible" failed miserably for me. However, I do love the results.

#5564 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

I played with some LEDs and made this little mod
The car is lit up with pink but I wanted white headlights.
Disecteted a flex cool and used heat shrink to hold it together

Nice work "doctor".

#5565 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

The playfield has some screws through it which I will try to tap down

I would remove them and use shorter screws rather than try to tap them down.

#5566 7 years ago

tiltmonster where do we get u-turn decal?Screenshot_20170326-164504 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170326-164504 (resized).png
Mr_Tantrum Are you making these or we make ourselves ? I thought I read you sharing these files that you created. Thank you BTW Screenshot_20170326-165117 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170326-165117 (resized).png
MustangPaul and tiltmonster Thank you for this idea 14905715311331144596639 (resized).jpg14905715311331144596639 (resized).jpg1490571567591693364505 (resized).jpg1490571567591693364505 (resized).jpg

#5567 7 years ago

Screenshot_20170326-170350 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170326-170350 (resized).png
This game turned out beautiful !! I'm tempted to trim out my game like(similar) this !!!
Can't wait to see and hear how the pinsound turns out
This thread has so many cool ideas to pimp out this game
Thank you guys for sharing

#5568 7 years ago

I was at the pinball Hall of fame yesterday (AWESOME) and the getaway high score was over 1.1B, lowest high score was over 800M . Any of you guys got any scores there?

#5569 7 years ago
Quoted from red-line:

I was at the pinball Hall of fame yesterday (AWESOME) and the getaway high score was over 1.1B, lowest high score was over 800M . Any of you guys got any scores there?

Well, I did have a high score on mine with L1 of 4.9B and the photo to prove it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/46#post-3109989

Unfortunately, it was later determined that a couple of flaky boards, broken switches, etc. were the cause of my "record". Beyond that, my high score with 5 ball play is a little over 500M on correctly working pin using L2. I did play a Getaway at TPF this weekend (couldn't help myself) and did score over 300M on 3 ball play. Unfortunately, the high scores on that pin had not been reset, so I was just shy of making the leaderboard (top score was around 800M).

#5570 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

This game turned out beautiful !! I'm tempted to trim out my game like(similar) this !!!
Can't wait to see and hear how the pinsound turns out
This thread has so many cool ideas to pimp out this game
Thank you guys for sharing

FYI, It's even prettier when turned on.

pin.jpgpin.jpg

#5571 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

tiltmonster where do we get u-turn decal?
mr_tantrum Are you making these or we make ourselves ? I thought I read you sharing these files that you created. Thank you BTW
mustangpaul and tiltmonster Thank you for this idea

Your very welcome.

Quoted from pinwillie:This thread has so many cool ideas to pimp out this game

My Leg Light-Ups look great on the game too.

IMGA0893 (resized).JPGIMGA0893 (resized).JPG

#5572 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

tiltmonster where do we get u-turn decal?
mr_tantrum Are you making these or we make ourselves ? I thought I read you sharing these files that you created. Thank you BTW
mustangpaul and tiltmonster Thank you for this idea

You can buy them from mezelmods and I cannot speak for Mr T but be did have them at one point.

#5573 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I would remove them and use shorter screws rather than try to tap them down.

No no I wil for sure remove them and fill any holes that are stripped and then replace with proper length screws.

I was saying I will tap down the high spots on the top side of the playfield and touch them up then verathane

#5574 7 years ago

I have about 40 wires left to strip twist solder and shrink until I can find out what else is wrong with my game. Hopefully it won't be too awful and I can minimally begin testing switches and coils in a few days.

IMG_0433 (resized).JPGIMG_0433 (resized).JPG

I am too wiped out to take a pic of the current progress and I am going to bed.

#5575 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I have about 40 wires left to strip twist solder and shrink until I can find out what else is wrong with my game. Hopefully it won't be too awful and I can minimally begin testing switches and coils in a few days.

I am too wiped out to take a pic of the current progress and I am going to bed.

Yeah that's a heap of work, but it gives you a chance to clean all the wires.

#5576 7 years ago

At least you're not quite dealing with these situations.

wires.jpgwires.jpg

IMGP0002.jpgIMGP0002.jpg

#5577 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

At least you're not quite dealing with these situations.

That's what you do for a living?

#5578 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what you do for a living?

Heavens no. I've run thousands of CAT 5 cables earlier in my days, but the kind of work required in those pics would drive me insane!

#5579 7 years ago

While I work through the wiring I am contemplating how to deal with the playfield issues. There is some wear around the pops and many holes through the PF from screws. While I am pretty sure I am capable of making it significantly better by way of verathane and touch up painting, I am weighing the associated time cost vs trying to find a reasonably priced PF already done.

I will not spend $900 on a reproduction though. So I am wondering if anyone has a cleared PF in the $400 range they are looking to sell?

Thanks!

#5580 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

While I work through the wiring I am contemplating how to deal with the playfield issues. There is some wear around the pops and many holes through the PF from screws. While I am pretty sure I am capable of making it significantly better by way of verathane and touch up painting, I am weighing the associated time cost vs trying to find a reasonably priced PF already done.
I will not spend $900 on a reproduction though. So I am wondering if anyone has a cleared PF in the $400 range they are looking to sell?
Thanks!

I will have my old playfield for sale once the new ones come in, but that won't be for months down the road. Mine really only has some wear by the burn rubber lock.

#5581 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I will have my old playfield for sale once the new ones come in, but that won't be for months down the road. Mine really only has some wear by the burn rubber lock.

Keep me posted. I first need to get the game up and running and that will be doable with the current playfield.

#5582 7 years ago

5 hours of reconnecting wires but it was worth it.

Only remaining issues:

Up/Down ramp missing lift pin - ordered

Flippers all need to be rebuilt and have correct coils installed.

I will check and replace every other coil/sleeve.

Driver board needs to be repinned.

Sound is not working. It looks like both caps are swollen. I have parts back in Ohio.

DMD has a bad bottom row and the last 2 right columns are out. No big deal I have a good spare and this will become my tester.

IMG_0436 (resized).JPGIMG_0436 (resized).JPG

IMG_0440 (resized).JPGIMG_0440 (resized).JPG

#5583 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Only remaining issues:
Sound is not working. It looks like both caps are swollen. I have parts back in Ohio.
DMD has a bad bottom row and the last 2 right columns are out. No big deal I have a good spare and this will become my tester.

Excellent work! Those issues will be easy for you to clear up so it sounds like you got a great deal for some hard work and a few bucks in parts. On a side note, I miss the good old days of pinball price points but with the home user market there is no ROI from the operator so everything is so darn expensive. Great find! +1 for you

#5584 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Only remaining issues:

Borderline miraculous. Well done.

#5585 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Only remaining issues:

Another Save!

#5586 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, It's even prettier when turned on.

Drool...

#5587 7 years ago

Well Getaway club, I guessed I opened myself up to this, and even if an honest mistake with the pure motive of enhancing our machines for home/hobby use, I've been asked to remove all Williams related content from my download site http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball. This covers many items including the manual, cabinet art, play cards, etc. I will leave a few items on the site that I don't believe "infringe" upon their IP, so you will still have access to these.

So, if you go to the site looking for something and it is not there, you now will know why.

#5589 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well Getaway club, I guessed I opened myself up to this, and even if an honest mistake with the pure motive of enhancing our machines for home/hobby use, I've been asked to remove all Williams related content from my download site http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball. This covers many items including the manual, cabinet art, play cards, etc. I will leave a few items on the site that I don't believe "infringe" upon their IP, so you will still have access to these.
So, if you go to the site looking for something and it is not there, you now will know why.

Bummer, it was just a matter of time really I suppose.

#5590 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well Getaway club, I guessed I opened myself up to this, and even if an honest mistake with the pure motive of enhancing our machines for home/hobby use, I've been asked to remove all Williams related content from my download site

Rick really needs to chill if you ask me!

#5591 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Bummer, it was just a matter of time really I suppose.

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

#5592 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I get protecting a copyright, but this is stupid. No one was making anything off of this and for a company that claims to be about supporting the player, they sure like to send those letters. Sorry man, but thanks for the work you made available to all of us while it lasted.

#5593 7 years ago

BTW, why the manual? This is open to Download now for free, I have an original printed one but still...

#5594 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Who's Rick?

#5596 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

BTW, why the manual? This is open to Download now for free, I have an original printed one but still...

I was not specifically told the manual, but made the decision based upon general communication.

#5597 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I was not specifically told the manual, but made the decision based upon general communication.

I got it, I don't blame you.... lay low my friend

#5598 7 years ago

BTW, Intent is not to start any kind of ruckous over this. I understand their position, and whether or not a smart decision, they do have the right to do what they want regarding their property.

Just thought I would let everyone know since I still get a lot of requests from Getaway owners working on DIY restorations looking for various graphics and mods.

#5600 7 years ago

That is just crazy on their part! You were and are a huge asset to this community!

Yeah you really benefited a lot from this work right? Im sure your a millionaire by now. SICKENING!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 13,822 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/112?hl=red-line and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.