• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 93 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 270 votes by 269 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,043 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2F9A6708-529D-4E40-A217-B2BFBCBDF92A (resized).jpeg
20190805_112147 (resized).jpg
20191014_060857 (resized).jpg
20191014_060753 (resized).jpg
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG
hs14 (resized).jpg
pops (resized).jpg
IMG_2863 (resized).JPG
IMG_2862 (resized).JPG
IMG_7981.jpg
IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_2815.JPG
IMG_2812.JPG
IMG_2811.JPG
IMG_2807.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

565 posts in this topic match your search for posts by superbee. You are on page 1 of 3.
#825 4 years ago

Hi guys, Im new to the club. Just picked up a Getaway on Monday. Needs just a little luv but will be rockin soon. Pics to follow. Question, Im going to be putting Britecaps on it and wonder if anyone had photos of there Getaway with them ? Im thinking either three red caps or red, yellow , and green. Any thoughts ?

#826 4 years ago

Also wondering if anyone has bought the classic arcades cabinet decal kit ? Any good ? Im a graphics installer so installing it is easy work for me but wondering about the quality and the adhesion ?

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here are mine, Comet pop led rings, red tops red bottoms, blue top white bottom with jewel caps.

Looks great. I think im going to go with the three reds

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Not on ebay, I've seen them before on the thread where Doughslinger's was selling his MINT Getaway.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/HSII_Page.html

they look really cool but stupid expensive if you ask me.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes they are but they are the last ones you'll ever need to put on the game

Im thinking about it lol . they are holding up well ?

1 week later
#844 4 years ago
Quoted from arolden:

Hi all,

Can anyone help me figure out where this piece is from? Found in it in the cabinet and have no idea where it is supposed to go.

Looks like one of the backer plates for the ramp switches.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Does the game play ok? Unless there's something wrong with the game I wouldn't worry about it.

Exactly. It was probably a part that got lost during a shop job and was replaced.

#853 4 years ago

Can someone please show me the inside of their Getaway cabinet showing how the playfield hinges hook onto the cab ? Mine are off and cant figure it out.

#858 4 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Can someone please show me the inside of their Getaway cabinet showing how the playfield hinges hook onto the cab ? Mine are off and cant figure it out.

anyone ?

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Hi Superbee, Hope these pics help. Let me know if you need anything else. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot but i still dont get how it attaches to the bolts on the cabinet. Am i missing something here ?

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Just slide them in. In upright position the part of the slide mechanism that's held back by the spring just sits on the bolt! When you lower the playfield it slides out and doesn't sit on the bolt anymore.

Really easy: When you are finished changing the slide assemblies just lower the playfield and everything will spring right in it's place.

Ok thanks

2 weeks later
#889 4 years ago

Wondering if anyone can help me with a part number. I was playing last night and the plastic plunger shaft flew out of the plunger assembly onto the playfield. I took it apart and realized that it broke at the point where the small bolt holds it onto the plunger armature. Does anyone know the part number so i can order a new one ? Real bummer !! IMG_20150506_221418.jpg

#890 4 years ago

im thinking it might be this but mine is white and this one doesnt look like it has the hole through it for the small bolt. Any ideas ?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8941

#892 4 years ago

Never mind. Found what i need.

#894 4 years ago

The supercharger lights on my Getaway are suddenly not working. Can someone point me to hich fuse is for these lights ? I cant figure it out from the manual and dont really feel like pulling out every fuse unless i have too. Figure i ill start checking the fuse and then going from there.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

These are flash bulbs in there, for all to be out it has most likely lost the positive 20 volts feeding this circuit, the manual shows them all on the same wire. So if some work its not a fuse. I would check for a broken red/white wire going to the supercharger.

My tech buddy just replaced the j120 connector and pins and in doing so had to remove the board. Maybe one of the connections or cables is loose. Ill try reseating them all and see what happens as im pretty sure it happened soon after that.

#913 4 years ago

Anyone know how to re light the kickback on the Getaway ? Havent had mine long and havent been able to figure out how to do it.

#936 4 years ago

Wondering if someone can confirm the battery configuration for me. Nothing in the manual but on the board it shows the + sign on the top for all three batteries. This is how i have them and my machine is not saving anything. I just want to know if this is correct before i go any further. Thanks in advance.

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

^^^ Light up 1, 2, and 3. Right and left side are linked, so a hit on one side counts on both. Those targets are also how you increase your supercharger loops. You can also re-enable it through the Burn Rubber award if you get lucky.

Thanks a lot !!

1 week later
#958 4 years ago

Has anyone put a color dmd into their getaway ? Does it look better than the original red only dmd ? Just curious.

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

I dont think there is one available yet.

There are some options that are "colored" but nothing like colorDMD if thats what youre thinking of.

Yeah, i was thinking actual colorDMD.

2 weeks later
#973 4 years ago

That looks amazing ! Once you download the ROM onto a flash drive, what do you do with it then ?

1 month later
#1009 4 years ago

I'm thinking of. Getting one of the police car mods but can't decide on which one. The big car or the smaller car. Any opinions on which one looks better? I'm worried the big car might be a little to gawdy but the small one might not have that much of an effect. Also considering the donut heaven mod. Again all opinions are welcome.

#1011 4 years ago

Ok cool! Sounds like the donut heaven is a go! Any opinions on the cars?

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've got the larger version of the cop car attached next to my super charger (refer to pics previous page and earlier). I think it looks in proportion and doesn't overwhelm that part of the play field but i also attached a Lambo (about the same scale) on the clear plastic to the right which matches nicely. They attach easily and i've not had any issues with it in the months i've had it. The larger version has more LEDS on it too.

Thanks. Im leaning towards the larger car.

Quoted from GGBGROUP:

The color DMD really enhances the game - it gets more playtime as a result.

I would love the coloeDMD but its just way to much dough at the moment. Especially with the exchange rate and shipping to Canada.

#1025 4 years ago

Has anyone upgraded the speakers to pinball pros ? Big difference ? Im considering it but i upgraded my F14 Tomcat and it wasnt much better although i know the sound card on F14 is very limited.

#1030 4 years ago

Yup, with exchange and shipping it's a $600.00 dollar hit here also.

#1033 4 years ago

You offering Mustang? Cold beer in the fridge and juicy Steaks on the Bbq.

#1034 4 years ago

The biggest problem is not just the shipping, it's the shitty Canadian dollar.

#1035 4 years ago

I have a cottage in Haliburton. Not far from the Muskokas. Maybe Fast in Muskoka and I can have you up for some good ole fashion Canadian Cottage partying !!!!

#1052 4 years ago

Just received my new cabinet decals from Classic Arcades. They look very nice and should be a huge improvement over the totally washed out , sunfaded original graphics. I was picking at the old graphics for a sec or two and cant tell until i dig into it if they are decals or are they screened onto the wood ? Anyone know ?

#1053 4 years ago

Here they are !

IMG_20150723_205606.jpg

#1055 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your gonna have fun. I really should do that to my BOP.

Yeah, cant wait to dig in. The installation of the actual graphics is the easy part for me. Thats what i do for a living.
Does anyone know if the originals are decals or screen printed ?

3 weeks later
#1091 4 years ago

Congrats. Looks like it will be very nice once you clean it up. A few mods you can do are the donut heaven mod, the police car mod, the key start mod and the police lights topper mod.These can all be found at Mezel Mods website or at some other parts suppliers. You can also get the standup target decals. They look amazing. Can't remember the site but just google it. MustangPaul has them and says they are really nice.

#1106 4 years ago

Knee guy here

#1116 4 years ago

Rerubbering doesn't require pulling the playfield out. Just remove what is needed to get at all the posts etc. Put aside a full evening or afternoon. If your looking at doing a good cleaning and waxing you might want to pull most of the upper playfield components off which will be a weekends work if your not quick at it.

#1117 4 years ago

I actually use the knee to shift when it tells you to shift but in video mode I just slam it up to fifth gear before the video even starts and go for it!!!!!

1 week later
#1184 4 years ago

I'll take it if your willing to ship to Canada.

#1198 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What's the best way to clean this ramp plastic up?
(see the wires at bottom)

Maybe the wires are just there for addes support ? I have this bracket installed on mine.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1674-23-R

#1206 4 years ago

Very cool Den. I think it wouldn't look nearly as good without the Getaway text on it. I'd be in for one if possible.

#1244 4 years ago

I have L2 and really think it's the best overall.

#1249 4 years ago

My shooter used to be constant but now it's not always making it around to the flipper. About 50/50. Can someone take a photo of the shooter tip for me. Mine looks like it might be missing something.

4 weeks later
#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from mochaman:

Does anyone make reproduced mountains? Would love to have one for my pin.

Dont quote me on this but i think Mezel Mods is considering taking a shot at producing these. Could be wrong though.

#1467 4 years ago

Hey Indy, would you be willing to ship to Canada for a little more money?

#1488 4 years ago

I was suddenly having a problem that it seems like a few Getaway owners have been having. When i plunged the ball it wouldnt make it around the loop. I checked alignment which was fine, checked the mech and coil, again all good. Then i realized that what was happening was that when the ball went up into the beginning of the upper loop, It was bouncing just a tad, off of the rubber on the double star post which was killing the momentum. I loosened the 2 screws on the right shooter lane ball rail and pulled it to the left as much as i could and then screwed it back down. Then i loosed the star post and pushed it over just a bit and again tightened it back down and voila!! problem solved. If your having the same problem, just check the ball path first before you mess around with anything else.

#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Yes, I'll gladly ship to Canada.

I've shipped my pinball mods/PF plastic protectors all over the world.

Great. Im in !!

#1517 4 years ago

Yeah, piece of cake once you overcome the fear of messing it up and just dig in !

1 week later
#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

A few Flashers Stuck on and getting hot

I had the exact same problem with mine. Same issue on the exact same flashers. It was a bad transistor.

#1538 3 years ago

Has anyone put mirror blades on their Getaway ? Any photos ? Do you find it really improves the look ?

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

Back when I was doing the flasher swap I had a screw fall into a flasher socket (left side GI under bushes)and unknowingly installed the flasher bulb. When I turned the machine on the fuse blew and I went hunting and found the screw under the flasher bulb, replaced the fuse and now these 3 flashers are having this issue.

This is pretty amazing !! I did exactly the same thing. I was doing some work on the playfield , turned the game on and a fuse blew. After looking everywhere for the short i finally figured it out. I had dropped a screw into the exact same socket and had the exact same issues you had. What are the odds! Anyways , my friend came over a diagnosed it as a bad transistor. I can pretty much guarantee your is exactly the same issue. Im not sure which transistor is changed, he just tested all of the with a dmm and founbd the bad one.

#1560 3 years ago

I'll take a close look at the board for you tonight. Maybe I can tell which one he replaced. I know the general area where it was.

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from BigDan:

THANK YOU

That would be much appreciated.

Many Pinside Karma points for you.

Ok, I took a look and most of the transistors are dusty except for Q51 and Q53 . They seem clean so i assume it must have been one of them. Let me know if either one is it.

#1574 3 years ago

Trust me guys, it a transistor. He did exactly what I did and the exact same flashers are staying on. Including the left supercharger light.

#1585 3 years ago

I am suddenly having an issue with my getaway. While I'm playing and the green lock arrows come on the back ramp is supposed to lower to allow the lock. It's not always doing it right away and during the time it's not lowering I'm hearing a clicking sound back there and it looks like it's trying to lower but can't. Eventually it does lower but sometimes takes a bit. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and can point me in the right direction before I start tearing things apart to figure it out.

#1587 3 years ago

Ok thanks. I'm figuring it was mechanical but just wanted to get others opinions before I dig in.

#1591 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

When mine did this the solenoid bracket was cracked in three pieces. I couldn't find one at time so I welded back together. Cleaned and resleeved, everything is fine now.

I took a look tonight and it looks as if the bracket on mine has also been welded. Looks ok but i may pick up a new one. I moved things around and it feels a little stiff but after that it seems to be working fine now. Im going to be pulling the playfield soon to put new cabinet decals on and i will clean up the assembly then . Thanks again guys.

#1592 3 years ago

Does anyone know the sizes of just the rubber rings used in the Getaway ? I want to change mine over to superbands (just cant keep the rubber ones clean) and i really dont want to pull them all out just to measure. I checked the manual but it doesnt seem correct.

#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

For rubber sizes, look them up in the manual. I refer to the one online here:

I looked through my manual and im pretty sure it not correct. Anyone know the proper ring sizes ?

1 month later
#1687 3 years ago
Quoted from bumpnthump05:

Has anyone ever been able to install a siren on their getaway using the beacon light signal and a relay? Kind of like this:

Holy crap would that ever piss off the neighbours.!!! Lol.

#1691 3 years ago
Quoted from bumpnthump05:

Haha yeah that's why I said adjustable volume haha. I just feel like the siren in the sounds of the game is is quiet when the music is playing over it.

I think it would be a great idea. Really make multiball and redline mania a blast!!

4 weeks later
#1761 3 years ago
Quoted from slpenza:

I'm very happy with them! PS If anyone knows where I can get a mountain mod please let me know

Any left on Etsy ?

#1764 3 years ago

The one I bought from Etsy is supposed to be flawed but I could not find anything wrong with it. Maybe my eyes are going bad in my old age lol.

#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Installed my NG v2 a year ago and they've held up well. I love the look. Pix attached.

Looks great. Are they from Classic arcades? I aslo noticed the new text on the back of the backbox. Are they decals or did you screen print?

#1768 3 years ago

I have a set of graphics that I purchased from Classic arcades about 8 mnths ago that I haven't found time yet to install. Won't be a big deal from me as I'm a professional graphics application guy and have been installing decals for 25 years so no big deal. Just wondering if mine are this 2nd Gen or not? They looks nice but not sure.

#1771 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Edit: NVM, I guess Etsy is the source

It was for a while but I think they are all gone now. Pretty much unobtanium unless you can find someone who wants to sell his.

3 weeks later
#1804 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

You guys have any thoughts on all red or red yellow green led pops?

I have red, yellow and green jewelled caps on mine. I think they look amazing. Hard to take good photos with my phone but here are a few.

IMG_20160220_224752_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160220_224718_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160220_224632_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160220_224314_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160220_224247_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1850 3 years ago

Ok guys, here is the skinny on keeping graphics long term before applying them. I am a professional graphics installer with almost 25 years installing every graphic you can imagine from 2 sq ft to thousands. You are better off keeping them in the tube long term. Keep the tube taped up and not exposed to any air. Laying them out flat is only ok if you plan to install them soon. The key is to make sure the graphic is rolled image out, not in when. It is in the tube. This will prevent any "tunneling" of the graphic on the liner which will allow the adhesive to become exposed to the air. Just keep it sealed air tight and apply as soon as you can. Just lay flat 24 to 48 hrs prior to installation. Most graphics are ok to store in a room temperature average humidity enviorment for up to a year without any issues. Again the key is making sure the graphics is rolled image out. Hope this helps.

#1854 3 years ago

I'll take some photos for you in a few hrs when I get home from work if no one has provided them for you before then. Do you have some photos of your gearshift you installed? Also a link to where you bought it?

#1866 3 years ago

Hey Grinder, sorry I didn't get you them photos yesterday. I didn't end up getting home until quite late last night. Glad to see you got it worked out. Let me know if you still need the photos. Thanks for the link. That shifter looks amazing!!

#1873 3 years ago

yes, the shift up and shiirt down is printed right on the front cab decal. I have a new decal set that I'm going to be installing soon as I find the time. I'm also replacing both playfield slider assemblies also. They are always in bad shape it seems.

#1874 3 years ago

Did the new shifter you put on come with a new shaft or just the knob? I'm thinking of doing that but the chrome on the shaft of my original shifter is all corroded.

#1890 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

gentlemen, new club member as of yesterday here. what's the top 3 or 5 things you guys do to these things? i was thinking speakers, since the sound is pretty crappy. does a kit make a big difference?

Congrats!!. I put a new cabinet speaker in mine and it made a big difference. Lots of mods available. Check out Mezel Mods online.

#1922 3 years ago

Im going to be redoing the cabinet decals on my Getaway soon and one of the things i want to do while i have it toen apart is either replace or somehow fix the shaft on the gear shift. The chrome is pitted and corroded and im not sure what to do. I cant get it rechromed as the handle is pressed on so there is no removing it and replacing it will be a challenge as these things are pretty much unobtanium.
Any suggestions ?

#1936 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I ordered the cabinet decals off eBay over three weeks ago and still havent received it. NEVER again! F ing international post can suck it.

Who did you buy them from ?

#1939 3 years ago

I bought mine about a year ago from classic arcades. Im a profeesional graphics installer so i generally know my stuff but its hard to tell off the sheet . Ill keep all posted on what i think after i install them. Might consider clear coating them after the installation we will see.

#1958 3 years ago
Quoted from kyle5574:

silver_spinner said:

anyone have issues where sometimes the ball lock in the wire form lets 2 balls go instead of just one...like in multi player games if someone already has a ball locked, you lock a ball and its supposed to let one go to continue play?

Common problem. Pinball Arcade's simulated table even does it!

The disappearing post is unobtanium, but pull it out, clean it, replace the sleeve, and replace the spring. I haven't had the issue since I did that.

This is a common issue. If cleaning the assembly and putting in a new spring doesnt do it, just add another spring so there are 2 springs , that usually does the trick.

#1968 3 years ago

You are a madman Grinder!

1 week later
#2004 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Holy crap I had no ideaplacing the pop bumper pieces was so hard/time consuming....

They get a little easier to do the more you do but yeah, they can be a little time comsuming to do. That's why it makes sense to fully rebuild them while they are apart if you haven't already.

#2009 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Grinder901 said:

And FINALLY the new cabinet decals arrived:
image_(resized).jpg
But, the art is rolled facing inward. I so badly want to take them out and flatten them and check on them. I'm prob a few weeks away at minimum from starting the cabinet project though. Leave them be? Take them out and inspect/flatten them?

image_(resized).jpg

Inspect NOW!!! So you can let them know if there's a problem....not weeks or months from now!!

What Paul says. and it wouldnt hurt to reroll them graphics out but not the end of the world if you plan on doing them in the not too disyant future.

#2010 3 years ago

Also looks like about 12 pop bumpers worth ? couldnt decided on what you wanted ? lol

#2027 3 years ago

looks good !!

#2030 3 years ago

They look really good man !! Im loving the colored bodies.

#2034 3 years ago

Go with the solid wire sockets. The flexible wire sockets suck big time !!

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yea that's what I figured. I also felt like those Ice Caps resemble the lights on a stop light. I have like four different styles of caps now to choose from so we'll see what looks best.

I'm just killing time waiting on Mike to finish my chroming. Once that is all put back on, then it's the cabinet being decaled. Then it's f ing go time.

With all your changing of your choices of things im getting dizzy !! your going to spend a fortune but to be honest ? I effin love your passion bro !! Cant wait to see how it all turns out when your done. Its going to look amazing! Im in the middle of tearinf down my perfectly working Geteaway as you know cause it didnt look pretty enough! lol

#2059 3 years ago

Hows the weather up north Paul ? Its crap here in the Toronto area. Its like winter has come back for one last kick!

#2061 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Haha thanks man. It's good to have options. Yea I tend to go overboard with my projects. Very passionate and intense.

I hear ya my friend. Im loving your posts ! Keep an eye on my restore thread. I have a feeling im going to get stupid with mine lol . The Getaway is just too cool not to go all out with dont you agree ? lol

#2106 3 years ago

Welcome to the club Robert !!!

#2192 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Where did you get your jeweled caps? I can't seem to find green anywhere. Also, are you using the same color LEDs as caps or white?

Here is a link but they dont seem to have the jeweled Britecaps . Pinball life should have them. The color matched leds came with them if i remember.

#2206 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Oh no it's resolved but I thought testing them all to make sure was recommended. I used a continuity tester. It light up if there was continuity. There were only a few that to me at least, didn't seem to burn quite as bright

Its not really neccesary to check fuses for continuity unless something is not working. Whats very important to do though is to check the fuse values and make sure they are correct when you get a machine. You never know what others put value wise.

#2291 3 years ago

I want one for my Getaway so bad but just cant. Theyare just too expensive to buy and ship here to Canada.

#2316 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Anyone know where to score the alternate translite with the sexy ladies?

Dont ruin all your hard work by going with that !! the original is just soo much cooler as far as im concerned.

#2333 3 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

i had my getaway for 2 years now couple weeks ago my getaway was in shop getting fix went i got it back. every time you get 2nd ball lock on my machine you get 3 police pretty much can get secret mania every time. also i have got 2 police office on playfield small police car mod

Im pretty sure thats just the setting its on. I think its the competition setting.

#2393 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Any responders? Did everyone here just buy kits? Were your kits complete or did you have to true-up some lamps? Who did you buy from outside of the normal suspects (e.g. comet, cointaker, etc.)?

I bought a set from cointaker and was happy. I ended up making a few tweaks here and there but overall its a great set and complete.

#2420 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

P.S. I envy how clean your underside is - very nice.

Now lets keep things clean boys. This is a respectable site !

1 week later
#2507 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Also, working up courage to attempt playfield paint repair where needed.

Nice work Tantrum ! Just remember that if you touch up the playfield you need to clear it or it will not last .

#2524 3 years ago

Every kit out there has that decal included in the print as far as i know.

#2531 3 years ago

My playfield is out of the machine at the moment during my restoration but here are a few shots. I used a high tack velcro for mine. One side of the velcro on the plastic and the other on the bottom of the car. It has never mover and makes it easy to remove and reinstall if needed.
IMG_20160519_213451_(resized).jpgIMG_20160519_213506_(resized).jpg

#2553 3 years ago

I'm thinking it must be something mechanical. Check bothe flipper assemblies underneath. Are you positive they are both exactly the same? It seems like one has more travel than the other.

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

probably coil stops

I agree. Probably used different coils stops on each one without noticing. I would check that first. Just lift the playfield and manually lift each flipper bat. You should be able to tell what is stopping the one but not the other.

#2559 3 years ago

I would figure out what's going on with the travel in the flippers first. Proper alignment is easy enough afterwards.

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

7 on mine. Nothing tweaked, has the fat or double post like many do at the loop entry

7 here also with same setup.

#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

16 loops for me but my machine is missing the double star post

That's cheating!!

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I prefer the idea it's stretching the truth

Right back atcha !

1 week later
#2642 3 years ago

Nice!! just finished putting my cabinet and head graphics on and clearing. Check out my restore thread for tips or feel free to pm me with any questions on installing. I install graphics for a living. Are they mirror blades or just decals ? And if they are just decals , do they just install onto the side walls or do you need mirror blades to put them on ?

#2644 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

They are decals and adhere to one side. Spray a little windex and slide the game blade around till its lined up perfect and boom, good to go

Oh ok, so you do need mirror blades. Wondering if the decals could be applied directly to the cabinet sides? Dont really want to spend the money on blades. To expensive to ship to Canada.

#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

No you don't need mirror blades. They adhere directly to the cabinet sides

Ahh ok. Nice! May i ask where you got them ?

#2666 3 years ago

I just ran into the same problem with the new coin door I got for my Getaway. You need the switch assembly bracket but not the double one. You need the single. Marco has it in stock. I just ordered it. I'll link it for you when I get home.

#2671 3 years ago

Is there not an extra screw hole where the service switch mounts ? Dont see it on your second photo.

#2683 3 years ago

Looks great! Does it catch when you lift the playfield?

#2694 3 years ago

Hey Grinder, sorry im just getting back to you with the coin door photos you asked for. Ended up staying at the cottage a few extra days.
As you can see, my new coin door is different than yours but here are a few photos.

This is the end of the ground that connects inside the cabinet...
IMG_20160620_133132_(resized).jpg

The other end of the ground im just going to secure to the flange that you can see in the picture. That is where my service switch will be secured too. I think that should be fine but someone please chime in if they see something wrong with this scenario.
IMG_20160620_133235_(resized).jpg

Here is a shot of the full coin door
IMG_20160620_133257_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#2718 3 years ago

The graphics are screen printed. I just finished doing mine. Check out my restoration threaed. Might have some useful info for you.
"The Getaway Cabinet restoration". Can't seem to link it from my BlackBerry. There is a link for it around page 40-41. Maybe someone could link it for me.

#2721 3 years ago

Thank you sir.

2 weeks later
#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

since I have it torn apart right now. Where they hard to install?

If you already have the playfield torn apart it only takes a few mins.

#2831 3 years ago

They look great Grinder!! Iok

#2896 3 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and take a look on their audio board at J504 and tell me if there is a black/yellow speaker wire there and which spot it goes into ? During my tear down one of my speaker wires came off and i pretty sure thats where it goes but want to be sure.

#2899 3 years ago

Thanks Kawydud.
Thats weird, upon close inspection of my board, I have a solid black wire on the 2nd connection in from the left on J505 where yours has the black/yellow on the 3rd connection in from the left on J505. I also just noticed that i can see where the wire broke off on J504 on my board and its the 2nd connection in from the right and it would be my black/yellow wire where yours shows a solid black wire on J504 and its the 3rd connection in from the right. Anyone know why that would be the case ?

#2901 3 years ago

Thanks tiltmonster, im not very good with schematics yet but im guessing since your connections looks the same as Kawyduds, my connectors on J504 and J505 must be switched . If the black wire and the black/yellow wire are just speaker wires i can just reverse them correct ? Or does it even matter as mine were working just fine before i started my restore.

3 weeks later
#2985 3 years ago

Damn i miss playing my Getaway! Still waiting on a few parts to hopefully complete my restoration soon.

#2989 3 years ago

While im waiting on a few parts to finish my Getaway ive been cleaning all the underside inserts. During this process i realized that there is one insert that is underneath the left scorecard that does not have a light hooked up to it. Never saw this before. Does anyone know why this is there ? Do you all have this insert in your playfield ? weird !! lol

IMG_20160811_195052_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160811_195119_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This is my first pin, and I was researching and trying to track down a pin in my budget for quite some time. When I finally found this one, There were many little issues: electrical, mechanical, lighting, surface, etc., but I've really enjoyed learning and fixing everything myself along with adding several of my own mods. While my next pin will be much more play ready, I am glad I've gone through this experience and appreciate pinball that much more because of it.

A true Pinhead if you ask me !!!!

4 weeks later
#3119 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

As I mentioned in my previous post, the shooter rod, in some cases, does not have to be perfectly aligned. Yes, you would think that it has to be in the center of the switch but as you can see in the pic mine is off center and it's the only way the ball will make it around the loop. Also, make sure the ball is not making contact with the star post. Having said that this is the part you need....

Im telling you guys....Tiltmoster is exactly right! Check your upper star post. You need too have the right shooter but also its imperative that the ball is not hitting the double star post on the wat up the lane or it will not make it up. Just loosen the star post and move it to the right as much as you can. And what also helps is if you loosen the metal frame along the shooter lane and teak it so that the ball rolls up a little more to the left it really does help.

#3120 3 years ago

way up i mean

1 week later
#3192 3 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

They play a little bit, not much though. Over the years their friends have shown very minor interest in pins. Same is true for my friends.

This is soo true. Just because we think its an amazing hobby, unfortunatly it doesnt always mean that younger people get it. You either appreciate pinball or you do not. No ill will either way but buy games that you like, not something that your hoping your kids will like.

#3210 3 years ago

If the playfield hinges are original you might consider replacing them. So often they are bent and the springs are messed up. Very common on this machine. Easy to find online at marco and other places.

#3274 3 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Hey guys. Just got some new apron decals from Treasure Cove and they are AWESOME. Really brings the color back to life. Also included was a decal for the blank metal form at the bottom of the pops (where the ramp leg attaches).

My apron graphics are way more pink than red. Not sure if they are faded or that is the color they are supposed to be? What color are everyone elses out there ? Any photos of the ramp post decal ? Did it come free with the apron decals ?

#3276 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mine are red and from the picture on their web site the decal comes with it.

Thanks Paul.

#3293 3 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Hey guys. Just got some new apron decals from Treasure Cove and they are AWESOME. Really brings the color back to life. Also included was a decal for the blank metal form at the bottom of the pops (where the ramp leg attaches).

http://www.treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/getaway/getaway.htm

Really wanted to get these but only one choice of shipping and its $25.00 American !! After the cost of the decals, shipping, and convert to Canadian its $81.00 !!!

#3305 3 years ago

Thanks Mr Tantrum. I might giveit a shot with some decal paper and then laminate.

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from ajnin:

Added my first decal to my machine. this is just the start. Next thing is new speakers!

And sooo it begins !!

#3381 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My intent here is not to self-promote (which I am not above doing if I was charging for things), but to contribute in a small way to the Getaway community. I also want to express my appreciation in a way that I can to all of those here who have helped me as I've gotten into this new hobby of pinball.

If you have other ideas of anything you might want to have artwork wise for repairing or modding your Getaway, then post it here in the forum. If I think I have the skill to do it and also think it would benefit the community as a whole, then I'll put it on my project list.

#3382 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

On a different subject, (to stop me from thinking about my diverter issue), I like the Mars lamp but I think it would have been better with a smaller version of a light bar. Matches the time frame of the cop cars better.

I think i know someone here who could probably steal enough of these for all of us in one good night. He know where a lot of them are. Heloo......Grinder ?

#3383 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just finished the decals last night on mine

Lookin good brother !
Just waiting on a couple of things to get mine fully back together. Cant wait. Should be soon.
Here are a few pics. Full resto thread at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-getaway-cabinet-restoration

IMG_20160606_195727 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160606_195735 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160606_195744 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160607_154930 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160607_154907 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160607_161817 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160607_161808 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160606_195721 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160607_155639 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160625_142926 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160625_192753 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160424_121816 (resized).jpg

#3384 2 years ago

IMG_20160424_184856 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160424_184901 (resized).jpg

#3387 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Very nice! An odd observation but it's amazing how good the inside looks when painted.

Thanks Tilt. Some people prefer to make it look original which is totally cool but i prefer this look.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your doing a great job on it. What kind of flooring is that, I'm looking for something for my wood floor.

Thanks Paul. As you know , this is taking forever as im stalled waiting for my metal rails etc but going to be done soon. the flooring is a vinyl flooring that come in rolls. Sorry, cant remember exactly the brand i bought but lots of comparables online. Just Google "vinyl checkerplate garage flooring".

#3408 2 years ago

Hahahaha. I knew it wouldn't be long.
Please officer.. make it happen for us. It's only stealing if you get caught right?

#3415 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Wow! That looks awesome! I thought about painting the inside of my cabinet black but I just ended up sanding it down. I definitely like yours and the way it looks little regret now..

Thanks! I was also considering just sanding the bottom but opted to paint it all black. Glad i did.

#3439 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Couldn't help but notice your Mastercraft binder in one of the pics. I was a Nautique owner for years, and went through 3 different wakeboarding boats - http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/nautique. However, I finally gave it up and sold my last boat as I just couldn't find enough time to get on the lake anymore. That is where I came up with my name Mr_Tantrum (heel side backflip - see pick below, although I ride goofy footed).

BTW, pinball sure is a lot less expensive hobby than wakeboarding, and I haven't broken any legs yet playing pinball!

Cool ! Yeah, we have Canadian Tire here. Its there trademark . You can get just about any man thing there lol. Its not always high quality compared to specialty stores but usually does the trick.
Here is my boat ....I love this boat !! Twin engine Bombadier !

2000 seadoo boat (resized).JPG

#3440 2 years ago

A few other toys i have ...

This is me ..
I know where Kayla get it from (resized).JPG

DSC01875 (resized).JPGDSC01877 (resized).JPGToronto-20130712-00353 (resized).jpg

toys (resized).JPG

#3450 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Finished making my custom plastic above the middle targets, and love it. Thanks for the great idea and instructions.

Looks awesome !

#3465 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I thought ice covered your lakes all year round. It is Canada isn't it?

Nope, our lakes are only covered in ice for 11 months of the year !

#3530 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Just joined the club. Spent 4 hours removing the mylar . She cleaned up real good.

Welcome to the club! What mylar do you speak of ? Mine doesnt have any and im pretty sure it never did.

#3531 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Looking for a HS2 color DMD. The Color DMD company is out of stock, and I don't see one FS anywhere else. If anyone has any leads please PM me. Thanks.

They got swamped at expo i think and sold out. they will be back in stock soon.

#3541 2 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Can some one tell me were to get this hairpin sticker from or pdf download Thanks

Mr Tantrum had it on his website but was asked my mezel Mods to remove it.

#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

here are the before pics of the failing broken down mylar.

Wow, ive never seen a Getaway with full mylar before. Maybe its an early playfield without the diamond coat on it ? Does your playfield have the diamond coat stamp on it down by the left drain ?

#3554 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

That is odd, it should have Mylar in the pop bumper area and ball return on wire form area only, I wonder if that was installed after the fact.

Thats what im thinking.

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Obviously someone did the same with this game at some point, and they apparenty used some shitty clear film, and not actual mylar!

Again, thats what im thinking.

#3563 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Guys, are you printing the decals yourself? Or are you getting them done somewhere?

Talk to Mr Tantrum

#3564 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Guys, are you printing the decals yourself? Or are you getting them done somewhere?

Sorry, misread what you asked. Just print them yourself .

#3593 2 years ago

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/getaway/the-getaway-high-speed-2-alternate-translite-3.html

Looks like a new third Gen translite. Looks pretty nice. Im just wondering how the lighting would work with it . I dont think it would work very well.

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

just dont get this (or the 2nd gen?), I am a Ferrari guy, I even own one, and I still cant understand why anyone would want a translight featuring a Ferrari on a game that's theme focuses around (the likeness of) a Lamborghini Diablo!!???

I agree. Cant someone come up with a cool Lambo/cop/chase inspired alternate translite that is designed to work with the lightboard configuration ???? If so, i would be sooo in !!!

#3603 2 years ago

Hey Paul, your almost up to 17000 posts ...you really need to get a life !

#3613 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My avatar, '70, 302 about 400hp moded for road racing but still barely streetable. My first car, ordered it Dec '69 and picked it up May 1 of '70 for the last month of Senior High. Payed $2700 cash that I saved from my paper route.

And the car is pretty hot too !!

#3614 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Once I get the garage/shop done and have the Mustang back my post will probably drop off quite a bit

Dont you be going nowhere!! we would all miss you buddy !!

#3663 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I like the donut heaven decal, but I really like those clouds on the sides too. Where did you get them?

They are Tatrums home made graphics. Im sure he will chime in....

#3732 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

yeah, seriously. tired of hearing about the cubs.

GO BLUE JAYS !!

#3733 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I have a taped up break in my power plug. Why not just replace it? And it's like 12 feet long. I could just put a new plug on before the break and still have enough cord to plug in. But I'll replace the whole thing. I suppose the lugs are screwed onto the transformer? I think I'll just get an extension cord and cut the end off and wire it up cause a molded plug looks better than a replacement plug.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1520

#3741 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

All Williams pins are wired that way until about 1994 when they eliminated the cord-well (stupid) so you cant safely stow the cord when moving the game around. Replacing the cord is not as hard as it looks, you'll just need a half-hour, a couple simple tools and a few wire nuts. And you just might learn something in the process! Please try to re-focus that this is a pinball machine that was built in 1992, not a PC. Obviously you have a newer ROM in your game, and that would be the original... Every machine came with L1.

Agreed !

#3744 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks for talking me off the ledge. Yes I can do this. And I'll do the right thing and replace it all the way back to the power supply. You're right. No need to shortcut it at this point. I'm keeping this one for years. I might as well do it right.

Yep ! do it right. Easy fix and you will be glad you did it right !