• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 277.
#5701 7 years ago

A little PinSound action.

Couldn't play and film so not too much but you get the idea.

#5702 7 years ago

Thanks for the ideas on how to light up the license plate (unfortunately, where the light needs to be is positioned off the board, so I couldn't just drill a new hole. I did, however, enter the matrix to get the job done). Here is what I went with. Simple and temporary mod, but I like it.

IMG_0533.JPGIMG_0533.JPG
IMG_0696.JPGIMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0534.JPGIMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0531.JPGIMG_0531.JPG

#5703 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

For any future 5 ballers out there. The suggestion is to change some others settings in a 5 ball game.

Retracted, wtf was I thinking posting in this thread... This is my last, I promise, peace out.

#5704 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Dude, just change the "Balls per Game" option from "3" to "5"! You don't need to do brain surgery to cure a headache!!

Hey lighten up, he's just giving people some options.

#5705 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm looking to do something similar to light up the kingpin license plate, but there is not a socket anywhere close to it. Any ideas?

a little late but i took these pics
same idea a little differant
20170404_202958 (resized).jpg20170404_202958 (resized).jpg

2017-04-04 21.02.10 (resized).jpg2017-04-04 21.02.10 (resized).jpg

20170404_202853 (resized).jpg20170404_202853 (resized).jpg

#5706 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Retracted, wtf was I thinking posting in this thread... This is my last, I promise, peace out.

Wow...

#5708 7 years ago

I, for one, enjoyed TheOnlyest comments. He helped me through some issues earlier. He may be opinionated, but who isn't. He has the knowledge to back up his thoughts. I will miss him here.

#5709 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

a little late but i took these pics
same idea a little differant

Trying to figure out why you needed all those tools and screws in your pic for this mod. Is your nickname "Pin the tool man"? BTW, how did you get your white board so clean? Mine has burnt looking spots all over it that I can't seem to get off. Probably doesn't really matter, but thought I would ask.

#5710 7 years ago

I think I need more pins so that I stop jacking with this one all the time. Does anyone else have this problem? For those of you who have a collection, do you find yourself constantly messing with them, or do you pretty much get them to a point then leave well enough alone?

#5711 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I, for one, enjoyed theonlyest comments. He helped me through some issues earlier. He may be opinionated, but who isn't. He has the knowledge to back up his thoughts. I will miss him here.

I can agree to disagree There are a lot of people in this thread (and all other machine club threads) that have extensive, and more importantly, machine specific knowledge that are extremely helpful. There comes a point when "opinionated" crosses the boundary into what some may call arrogance, or worse, veiled hostility. I would like to say on a personal note that this particular club has a really nice community spirit about it that some other club threads just don't have. It's OK to be opinionated and have your own views, that's what makes a community work well together, but there has to be a decent amount of mutual respect for each other and peoples respective views. I did not get that particular vibe from Onlyest i must say, but that's only my opinion.

#5712 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Does anyone else have this problem? For those of you who have a collection, do you find yourself constantly messing with them, or do you pretty much get them to a point then leave well enough alone?

YUP, and Sort of Eventually you do get to a point where you're happy with all the changes. Modding, and all that it entails is of course extremely personal and subjective. I'm pretty sure i mentioned to MP once about how far do you go with LEDS, etc before it becomes critical mass so to speak I've seen some mods people have added to their machines that i wouldn't add to my mine and i'm sure people have felt the same about what i've added to mine also.

#5713 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Trying to figure out why you needed all those tools and screws in your pic for this mod. Is your nickname "Pin the tool man"? BTW, how did you get your white board so clean? Mine has burnt looking spots all over it that I can't seem to get off. Probably doesn't really matter, but thought I would ask.

Lol!! yes I love tools
I've been shopping out my game for a couple weeks so they're in the pic.

#5714 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, he has a problem.

I sure do... with you! Charger, you know where to find me if you need me. Ok, THAT was my last post in here.

#5715 7 years ago

Is this a man's hobby or did a bunch of chicks take over this forum

#5716 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think I need more pins so that I stop jacking with this one all the time.

How much room do you have? Sometimes it's hard to stop once you start buying them, I'am not saying that's a problem, I always seem to have one too many than I have room for.

#5717 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

How much room do you have? Sometimes it's hard to stop once you start buying them, I'am not saying that's a problem, I always seem to have one too many than I have room for.

That's a loaded question depending upon if you ask me or if you ask my wife

#5718 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission...

#5719 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For those of you who have a collection, do you find yourself constantly messing with them, or do you pretty much get them to a point then leave well enough alone?

I've come to discover that constantly working on your machines is just another symptom of pinball addiction.

#5720 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just tell her at the next one you bring home is hers

#5721 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Just tell her at the next one you bring home is hers

Somehow I get the sense that there are a variety of other things costing $$$ that she would prefer over a pinball machine. Even so, she is very supportive and as long as I don't go overboard it's all good. Still trying to work on my MAME cabinet, but progress is very slow right now for that.

#5722 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I sure do... with you!

Only because I DARE say something. By By.

#5723 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

YUP, and Sort of Eventually you do get to a point where you're happy with all the changes. Modding, and all that it entails is of course extremely personal and subjective. I'm pretty sure i mentioned to MP once about how far do you go with LEDS, etc before it becomes critical mass so to speak I've seen some mods people have added to their machines that i wouldn't add to my mine and i'm sure people have felt the same about what i've added to mine also.

So true Paul, many people love my Leg Light-Ups and others think their to much bling. I knew the rgb T molding on my GB Pro was going to be over the top and about 80% of the people hated it and would never put it on their game. Looks like mine is one of a kind.

#5724 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think I need more pins so that I stop jacking with this one all the time. Does anyone else have this problem? For those of you who have a collection, do you find yourself constantly messing with them, or do you pretty much get them to a point then leave well enough alone?

More pins only makes the problem worse, believe me I know. After the chroming of my ST Pro and the 3D tl for my RFM no more big ticket mods for me cuz I'll have to start putting money into the Mustang when it comes home in a few months. Mustang trumps pins at my house.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Somehow I get the sense that there are a variety of other things costing $$$ that she would prefer over a pinball machine. Even so, she is very supportive and as long as I don't go overboard it's all good. Still trying to work on my MAME cabinet, but progress is very slow right now for that.

Well she probably loves having you at home where she can keep an eye on you and your not out with the possibility of you chasing skirt. Some women are like that you know.

#5725 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here's my Mame I built about 4 years ago (next to the defunct Ultracade Pro with working coin mechs, 265 games and the 27' monitor, I swapped out the trackball and buttons). The Mame was an old NeoGeo cabinet that was trashed so I restored it, decased a Sony 22"Trinitron and put that in as the monitor, built a computer and added a front panel usb port and track pad to the front end... these are fun. I may get a light gun next...

Mame 1 (resized).jpgMame 1 (resized).jpg

Mame (resized).jpgMame (resized).jpg

#5726 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Here's my Mame I built about 4 years ago (next to the defunct Ultracade Pro with working coin mechs, 265 games and the 27' monitor, I swapped out the trackball and buttons). The Mame was an old NeoGeo cabinet that was trashed so I restored it, decased a Sony 22"Trinitron and put that in as the monitor, built a computer and added a front panel usb port and track pad to the front end... these are fun. I may get a light gun next...

Beautiful, you've got the touch.

#5727 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Very nice! I have much of my design done, but just need to make time to focus on it. Too many other priorities going on.

#5728 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, he has a problem.

I sure do... with you!

MustangPaul is one of the nicer people on this forum! I saw the earlier banter back and forth between the Onlyest and MustangPaul and MustangPaul did not do or say anything wrong..period.

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Ok, THAT was my last post in here.

#5729 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You never get to a point where you leave your pins alone...ever !!! Messing around with them is as much fun as playing them .

#5730 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Here's my Mame I built about 4 years ago (next to the defunct Ultracade Pro with working coin mechs, 265 games and the 27' monitor, I swapped out the trackball and buttons). The Mame was an old NeoGeo cabinet that was trashed so I restored it, decased a Sony 22"Trinitron and put that in as the monitor, built a computer and added a front panel usb port and track pad to the front end... these are fun. I may get a light gun next..

Nice work tilt !!!

#5731 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

MustangPaul is one of the nicer people on this forum! I saw the earlier banter back and forth between the Onlyest and MustangPaul and MustangPaul did not do or say anything wrong..period.

Thanks Super, you are also...in fact this is one of the nicest clubs on PS. The Onlyest helped people too and that part will be missed. One time I thought I was being cleaver with a reply but someone didn't think it was and called me out on it like I did. I saw that and appoligized and we were both good. I didn't get mad and quit the group. Some people just like drama.

#5732 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Nice work tilt !!!

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Very nice! I have much of my design done, but just need to make time to focus on it. Too many other priorities going on.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Beautiful, you've got the touch.

Thanks guys!

This is probably not the place for this thread but if you ever want to see more I'm happy to post pics or help anyone out with a project like this, certainly much more freedom to do whatever you want on something like this vs a pin. It's well worth the work and to have a full arcade in one machine is so cool and a great space saver.. (I have 2 with the Ultracade but I can not expand that game library )

#5733 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, how did you get your white board so clean? Mine has burnt looking spots all over it that I can't seem to get off. Probably doesn't really matter, but thought I would ask.

If you are not familiar with a product called Mean Green it might be worth a try. This stuff eats up old smoke stains and doesn't affect paint. Waaaay better than simple green.

3d455be0-6251-48d8-b9cd-5c22554ae1a5_1.16c56b6ff77fd0fd288fbe38c499da62 (resized).jpeg3d455be0-6251-48d8-b9cd-5c22554ae1a5_1.16c56b6ff77fd0fd288fbe38c499da62 (resized).jpeg

#5734 7 years ago

Well I am getting progressively better! I am not a great player but I have fun.

IMG_0662 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPG

IMG_0663 (resized).JPGIMG_0663 (resized).JPG

IMG_0664 (resized).JPGIMG_0664 (resized).JPG

#5735 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Well I am getting progressively better! I am not a great player but I have fun.

Better than me when I started. Can tell you how long it took me to get to 100,000,000. Although, I hadn't probably played pinball other than here or there for over 30 years.

#5736 7 years ago

Does anyone know what post I need that holds the super charger ramp down at the 3 stand up targets in front of the pops? Mine is broken and the super charger has nothing to hold down to.

Perhaps it is this? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4424-1

Thanks.

#5737 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Does anyone know what post I need that holds the super charger ramp down at the 3 stand up targets in front of the pops?

On my machine (not sure if it's standard though), it's more like one of these http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-5222
and the leg from the supercharger holds down with a screw and washer.

#5738 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Does anyone know what post I need that holds the super charger ramp down at the 3 stand up targets in front of the pops? Mine is broken and the super charger has nothing to hold down to.
Thanks.

I think its one of these... 02-4423 or 02-4423-1... if we are talking about this post near the stand up targets by the first pop bumper.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4423

02-4423-1 is hard to find

Quoted from Mancave:

On my machine (not sure if it's standard though), it's more like one of these http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-5222
and the leg from the supercharger holds down with a screw and washer.

I think that post goes in front of the double ring post that holds the brace

PF Upper 2 (resized).jpgPF Upper 2 (resized).jpg

#5739 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

A little PinSound action.

Would you be willing to record a PSREC file of a full game for me? I can PM you and explain how to if needed. I had a board issue and am awaiting my new one for probably another week or so. I would like to work some more on my orchestration, but the PSREC I have now is very short and not quote right (may have come from a VPIN or something).

#5740 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Would you be willing to record a PSREC file of a full game for me? I can PM you and explain how to if needed. I had a board issue and am awaiting my new one for probably another week or so. I would like to work some more on my orchestration, but the PSREC I have now is very short and not quote right (may have come from a VPIN or something).

I believe I know how to do it I just need to modify the config file on the USB.

Do you want to go through the game manually and work through everything?

#5741 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I believe I know how to do it I just need to modify the config file on the USB.
Do you want to go through the game manually and work through everything?

Well, I don't want to put you out, but that would be awesome. Also, I would still want a normal game play too just so that I can get a sense of real game play timings. Whatever you are willing to do would be greatly appreciated.

#5742 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I don't want to put you out, but that would be awesome. Also, I would still want a normal game play too just so that I can get a sense of real game play timings. Whatever you are willing to do would be greatly appreciated.

Yep... asking a guy to play pinball, really putting me out. LOL. Check your PM PSREC sent for a complete run through of the game.

#5743 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Yep... asking a guy to play pinball, really putting me out. LOL. Check your PM PSREC sent for a complete run through of the game.

Was this one by hand or a real play? It is great with all the elements, but I'm trying to figure out if this is regular timing or not (doesn't seem like it, but I don't know if that's just the way PinSound records). BTW, very helpful as I've already heard a few things I need to fix.

#5744 7 years ago

It was a mix of both, I went through all the modes by hand then played a few balls regularly

#5746 7 years ago

I can always go play so more regularly if you want, but my game play is erratic at best.

#5747 7 years ago

No, I think what you gave me is great. Thank you again.

#5748 7 years ago

Alright getaway owners. I'm taking my game to MGC before I redo the cab. It will be played constantly Saturday and a Saturday after party. Also all day Sunday. How many games do u think will be played? I'm guessing around 400 plays in 48 hours.

20170406_203313 (resized).jpg20170406_203313 (resized).jpg

#5750 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Thanks.

FYI, you will not find the post you need as it does not exist anywhere (I had same issue a few months back). A simple solution offered here in the forum was to just go with a standard post that has a female threaded top. This is what I did, and it works great. Instead of using a nut you just use a screw to secure the ramp support.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,819 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.