• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,992 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cluelessnessdemotivator (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20190821_170332 (resized).jpg
RampTargetCover (resized).png
RampSupport (resized).png
Capture (resized).JPG
InkedIMG_7682_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_2576.JPG
IMG_2577.JPG
2A9415BF-BFC8-4653-9297-25CAFA99EE59 (resized).jpeg
A52C5077-FFD8-4652-80E8-E51718B36F66 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).JPG
FreewayEntrance (resized).jpg
IMG_2561.JPG
IMG_0390 copy (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kawydud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#224 5 years ago

Just joined the club on Saturday, picked up a nice HS2 at Pinfest. Came with a new set of decals. Never knew how red these machines actually were. Always thought they had more of a pink color originally.

#226 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I was fortunate to get the other HS2 at pinfest.

Congrats! The owner said it was sold already when he was setting it up. Looking forward to working on mine.

11 months later
#885 4 years ago

Need to find me another HS2, took mine to Allentown to setup in freeplay. Put a high price on it figuring it wouldn't sell, figured wrong.

3 weeks later
#939 4 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

picked these up today.

IMAG0030 super charger.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'll take a couple if they are available.

3 weeks later
#976 4 years ago

Glad to be back a part of this club, picking one up this weekend hopefully.

1 week later
#984 4 years ago

Anyone else get new plastics for HS2 and notice the orange color is nowhere near as bright as the original? The original is obviously on the left. Checked all of them in the bag, all have the same light color.

IMG_2713.jpg

#987 4 years ago

I emailed CPR, was told that they are all this color. The colors were taken from some NOS plastics. I can understand things go wrong, just was hoping that mine was just a bad set.

1 week later
#991 4 years ago

I know, maybe someday there will be a re-run.

1 week later
#1037 4 years ago

To be fair, the crappy Canadian dollar gets us more lap dance time when we go over the border.

2 months later
#1293 3 years ago

Anyone ever changed the colors on the Supercharger flasher domes? Was thinking about red, yellow, green, but that might not look right.

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I tried it. just didn't look right considering there are no green or yellow flasher. reverted them back

That is what I was thinking, would look odd with three colors.

Might switch them to all blue just to mess with it.

1 week later
#1405 3 years ago

Where did you get your LED strips MustangPaul?

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Same, are those normal 12V LED strips? I thought the flashers were like 50V

All of the flashers are 12volt.

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Yes, this was caught by several of us who purchased the repro set right after they came out. Stu came on line and admitted he missed that one. Good thing it is way in back under supercharger assembly so you really don't see it.

I only wish the orange in the repros was as nice as the original. The repros are more peach colored.

2 months later
#1684 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I agree with what you said about green/red signs and cop cars looking "lame" when colored by LEDs and you have a sharp eye when it comes to the pop bumper caps! I have the originals but I was playing around with these starburst caps, I liked the way they threw out the light on that part of the playfield, it gives it a little more brightness, and the bulb doesn't standout like in the originals. Someday I may switch it back but for now I'm liking the extra pop while still retaining a semi-original look (nice catch).

What pop bumper caps did you use on your HS2? I installed these on mine.

IMG_2708_(resized).JPG

2 months later
#1845 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm putting new rubbers on and debating whether to keep the clear star posts and go red rubbers or go red star posts and go clear rubbers.
These skinny red posts in the picture. Just for decoration? They don't see any purpose I can find:
Also

Looking good Grinder, actually on the hunt for my third HS2, maybe I can keep this one finally.

#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Thanks man. It's coming along. I'm so damn torn about white, clear or red rubbers. Decisions!

The clear looks good on the red posts, maybe use some red rubbers around the white/clear areas.

1 week later
#1918 3 years ago

I'd buy one if they make more. I'll have another Getaway someday.

#1934 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I ordered the cabinet decals off eBay over three weeks ago and still havent received it. NEVER again! F ing international post can suck it.

I have a set in the basement dude, should have said something.

#1941 3 years ago

Someone replaced the parts on the right one. You can clean them up, but I generally just replace all of the flipper mechs with new kits when I shop my games out.

#1953 3 years ago

Getting there Grinder I installed the jeweled caps on mine with the flash lights from pinball life.

IMG_2708_(resized).JPG

#1955 3 years ago

Pinball life has all of those parts, though the website is hard to navigate sometimes. Worst case I have half a dozen of each color in my box for just such an emergency. The lights in mine shine down as well. These are what are in there. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624

Jeweled caps here - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1407

#1965 3 years ago

haha, I'll send you some for Christmas.

#1971 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I ordered colored skirts to match the LED ring color. John, I also ordered the colored jeweled caps

Did you find some green skirts somewhere? nm, I see Marco has green ones.

#1984 3 years ago

Have to combine some orders with you grinder. Save on shipping.

#1989 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well sorry John, I went ahead and placed the order. Got clear as well as colored for Getaway and gold for my Elvis

sure sure, that's ok, I have a set of Getaway decals and you don't.

#1993 3 years ago

That's what you get for not sharing your pop bumper parts order.

#1996 3 years ago

Grinder, did you order three different colors of pop bumper bodies for Getaway? Wondering if the green/yellow/red bodies will look good with the matching pop bumper caps.

1 week later
#2045 3 years ago

Pop bumpers look great Grinder, I will do my best to design something better for mine.

#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ok so is it a single or double star post?
Man that shot is gonna be tight!

tsk tsk Grinder, you didn't replace the targets with new ones? Dear baby Jesus!

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Sigh. I've thought about it. Now it's all I'll think about.

Lol, just messing with you.

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Yep

image_(resized).png

It takes 6 white ones as well.

#2102 3 years ago

Glad you are taking all of those pictures Grinder. It will help me out with my third HS2. I just need to go pick it up.

#2105 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

What's up speeders? I just got in the club. Bought mine from John Dayhuff. Awesome guy to deal with. It's in pretty good shape. I have LED's on the way. Going to light up some of the plastics with the LED strips from comet. Expecially the gauges on the slings. (Love it Paul..just saying). Not sure what color rubbers to put in it but I think I'm going to try titans.

Nice, I was looking at getting this one, but it was a little too close to Ohio show to get it all together on my end. Congrats.

#2125 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Funny how Kawydud was talking you into buying targets. Lol. Although I don't think he had to do much talking you into it.
Its looking really good Grinder.

I am evil that way. I'll be replacing all of the targets in mine when I get it. Did them all on the last one. I'm sure it isn't necessary, but I like everything nice and new.

#2158 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I don't have a multimeter. I'll get one tomorrow or see if a neighbor has one

Damnit, what did you do?

2 weeks later
#2387 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I am interested in a new shaft

Is that what your wife said?

1 week later
#2490 3 years ago

Those aren't resistors, they are diodes. Think of them as an electronic check valve if you do anything mechanical. They only allow the current to flow one way. Installing them backwards allows signals to go the wrong way in the matrix, creating the errors you were getting.

#2521 3 years ago

Wonder why they aren't in this file, never noticed it.

High_Speed_2_decals.pdf

2 weeks later
#2633 3 years ago
Quoted from biglaw:

Got a buddy going to make me a new stock looking speaker panel. (Getaway)These are not screen printed. There reverse printed on clear then stuck on backside of plastic then covered with thin white. I can get the plastic laser cut. But would have to do a whole sheet. Which would make 15 out of a sheet. The cost would come out to 55.00 a speaker panel. Just curious if anyone would be interested in one. Supposed to get sample this coming week. Want to see exactly what it looks like first. Supposed to look as good as screen print but we will see. Pm me if interested in one

I'm in for one

2 weeks later
#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Anyone local want some inexpensive Getaway wall art?

How much do you want for it?

#2714 3 years ago

Here is a demo someone did removing Fish Tales decals.

1 week later
#2761 3 years ago

Picked up my third HS2 on Saturday, got it down in the basement today. Let the work begin!

#2829 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I'm a Sheriff's Deputy and thought I'd support these chrome cap decals. I like the star ones that resemble a badge. They are prob designed for the standard cap and not these jeweled caps so it wasn't an easy install for the outer ring. What do y'all think?

I like the star in the middle, but the ring seems a little out of place. Maybe make the star bigger? It is just chrome vinyl like I made your flasher caps from.

#2882 3 years ago

Have any of you installed this around the beacon? I bought one, just haven't installed it yet.

231671957787_1_(resized).jpg

#2889 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

If you mean the Supercharger loop decal, Marco had them at one point but I haven't seen them available for a while... sorry.

Someone on here was making them, I would have to search back through the posts as I bought them when they were available. Was about 9 months ago or so.

#2890 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Not that exact one but mine had this when I bought it 13 years ago...

That is the one from the original High Speed, very similar. Can you take a picture of how it is mounted?

#2892 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I figured it was but I liked it and left it on....

Thank you sir!

#2897 3 years ago

Hope this helps you.

IMG_0911_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#2955 3 years ago

Unplug the switch and see if you are still having an issue.

2 months later
#3123 2 years ago

I am on my third HS2 right now. The first one was weak with the plunger, bought the right armature online and it would not fit in the game. Everything looked original, so I just rebuilt it and it seemed to work fine. Fast forward to my second HS2, completely went through that game, and the armature I bought for #1 was perfect for #2. The only thing I could come up with was #1 was a re-import.

#3139 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

These were all made in the USA so being a reimport shouldn't matter, as mine was a reimport (converted back hack free). The main differences should only be in the voltage, the plug and the coin door.

I know, that is what made mine so odd. And there was no evidence of a hack, just a different coil and plunger than my other 2. Should have taken pictures back when I was working on it. Was really frustrating not being able to find the correct part even though I was ordering exactly what the manual called out for.

1 week later
#3189 2 years ago

This looks pretty neat, alternative to installing that complete store. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/40267

#3233 2 years ago

I was looking at the IPDB site on Getaway and found that my first HS2 may have been an early production unit. The early machines had a different ball launch mechanism according to the info there compared to the later run machines. It is the 5th line down in the attached picture. Makes me feel a little better that I wasn't crazy. http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1000

Capture (resized).JPG

#3238 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

buy one of these:
amazon.com link »
get a pc tool kit and then a general homeowners tool kit.
for spare parts, i just order extra when i know i need something specific. sometimes you'll get a bulk discount. i've got a pretty good stash now in less than a year. i wouldn't buy a bunch of stuff blindly.

Didn't you mean get one of these? https://store.snapon.com/KRSC246-Series-Roll-Carts-Roll-Cart-Heavy-Duty-Stainless-Steel-Lid-6-drawers-Extreme-Green-P745963.aspx

#3262 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I'm still holding out hope that someone creative will be able to remake this decal... (and the Mountain mod)

Did you see this one? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/40267

1 week later
#3516 2 years ago
Quoted from mann0mann:

New Getaway owner....waiting on a order to show up from pinball life to rebuild my flippers. Would like to start the LED process. For those that made the recommendation of Comet LED"s and specifically the twin/two smd bulbs. I'm a little confused on what to order.
Under Non-Ghosting. The only twin smd bulbs they show are the ones with the faceted lens. But you guys referenced clear and frosted lenses? I want to start with doing all the inserts first.
Is this what I should be ordering?
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/2smd3528-ng.htm

Spent the weekend working on my HS2. Flipper assemblies came out very nice, first time using all new brackets from Pinball Life.

IMG_1094 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3759 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Crap. I thought I was onto something. Liked the look, as it looks like an automotive taillight. I'll keep looking.
How about Data East/Sega/Stern Pop Bumper Caps?

Yes, few of us have them installed.

IMG_2708 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#4072 2 years ago

Just about finished shopping out my HS2, removed the back lift ramp mechanism and found this little treasure of a flap. Now I am just waiting for the new ones to come in from Pinbits.

50128852290__C517F103-F115-4D89-873B-495EE6E80214 (resized).JPG

#4098 2 years ago

If you scroll down in this link, it shows the vinyl material being peeled off. I peeled a section of mine off last night just to see what it is like since I have new decals that I need to install. http://townsvillepinball.com.au/getaway-restoration/

#4103 2 years ago

The early version with the headlights on the front of the cabinet looks pretty neat.

image-62 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#4169 2 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

You can buy the plastics set cheaper including shipping at Ministry of Pinball. Ordered my set 2 days ago.

Hoping CPR runs these again someday with the correct Orange color. The washed out color looks bad on the games.

#4171 2 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Darn it, guess I should of asked about the quality before I order a set.

I have two sets that I have used, both have the same washed out orange. I think you will find the posts if you search the forums about it.

#4214 2 years ago

Anyone ordered the set from Starship Fantasy? Wondering if they are the same as Marco or not? Usually Marco parts are more expensive. In this case they are cheaper, just wondering if the one from Starship is nicer.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8672-SET

http://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/The-Getaway-Super-Charger-Cover-Set

#4219 2 years ago

I know, was just checking to see if anyone was as odd as I am, owning three of these in the last three years.

#4291 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just love those strips, I wish they made them in 6v.

Here are some red strips. amazon.com link »

After reading your post again, I think you are looking for a specific type of strip in 6 volt.

#4294 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not the same, still to wide and not enough leds per inch.

Yeah, figured you knew exactly what you were looking for.

#4296 2 years ago

I have a pinduino coming, I think I may try to get a chasing sequence going around the supercharger triggered by the optos as the ball goes around. Seems like it is easier to find RGB addressable led strips in 5volt than just a standard color.

#4304 2 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

You'll need something to detect the switches. Pinduino doesn't do that as far as I know.

Yeah, it will be a work of love to get it figured out.

1 week later
#4369 2 years ago
Quoted from Buthamburg:

Hello to all
We are proud to announce that we are now starting a re-run on Getaway re-pro playfields.
Milling will start in January 2017, approx date of finishing April 2017
The price of the playfield is 750 Euro
The shipping price is 95 Euro shipped via air freight to the US and Canada.

Lets get ready to rumble.
Regards from Hamburg
Peter

Got one coming for mine.

2 weeks later
#4523 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

The other day, I went to an arcade/gaming/comic book store. It's called Kidforce Collectibles in Berea, Ohio. They have like 15 games. I played most of them. I had to play the Getaway they had to see how it played vs. mine. It must have had the L2 chip in it where mine has the L5, because the guy playing it got to Secret Mania.

Secret Mania is in L5, have to move the shifter up and down when you see 3 cops at the donut heaven.

#4528 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Got it. But when you go there, don't you feel like you're cheating, since Secret Mania is not part of the standard rule set?

seems you could apply that logic to a nudy bar.

#4542 2 years ago

Grinder, I am so ashamed at your flipper assemblies. Have to take the time and clean up the bottom just like you chromed everything on the top. This is what your flipper assemblies should look like.

These were just rebuilt for my most recent HS2.

IMG_1094 (resized).JPG

#4544 2 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Well in my defense, I didn't do them. A local bud who put the new decals on did them along with other repairs like replacing all target foam while he had it in his shop.

Just busting your chops since I know how you like your games so perfect. Going through all the coils and assemblies doesn't take long, and they look so nice with the correct coil wrappers and colors. I print out my own.

#4585 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

"Bro, do you even Pinball?" has a pair of episodes on HS2 with brief tutorials on YouTube if you search. I think one has dmd camera issues which hurts though. Anyway, not PAPA level tutorials so I'm not sure if they'll help with scoring much, but IMO worth watching for all their games/episodes if you haven't. I love their videos.

The first one was with my game, had a red filter on the DMD that didn't show well with the camera. That was HS2 number one. On my third one now.

#4609 2 years ago

I like the red shifter light piece.

#4619 2 years ago

Where has everyone that has installed new cabinet decals purchase them from? I have a set here that came with my first HS2. They are ok, but don't have all of the shading and 3-d effects like the originals do. The most noticeable is on the head decals.

#4625 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just got on the preorder list with Peter for his new Getaway pf. Was wondering who else is getting one.

I have one coming as well. No more searching for a mint HS2, just fixing the one I have.

#4627 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well that's 2 of us. I hope he gets enough interest to make them.

I also emailed Planetary to see if they have some pictures of the silk screened artwork they have for HS2. There seems to be some sets that just don't match the originals. Was looking at my head decals, and there is quite a bit of different shading to create a 3-d effect. The set I have doesn't have any of that.

#4629 2 years ago

Mine are very pink as well. The set I have will work I am sure, but my OCD always kicks in.

1 week later
#4711 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I think it's cool, Mr. T. KK, to me is the definitive donut store, in America. DD is 2nd for sure. Tim Horton is really good too, but I think only available to our Canadian friends. Have no idea what a country outside of the US would be, if any.

Tim Hortons is the king around Western New York, put a lot of DD out of business. Krispy Kreme stores are also gone.

3 weeks later
#5002 2 years ago

This one looks like it should fit nicely. amazon.com link »

#5006 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Except it's a Countach and not a Diablo, just sayin'.
Would love to have either of these in my driveway!
» YouTube video

yeah, my bad, don't know why I was thinking Countach.

#5008 2 years ago

Found this 1:43 scale diablo. amazon.com link »

#5045 2 years ago

One of my old HS2 games is up for sale in the Western NY area if anyone was looking. buffalo.craigslist.org link

3 weeks later
#5296 2 years ago

I got monkeyed up on my first HS2 with the ball launcher parts, none of them matched what was in the manual. So I had a couple extra bell armatures and pieces since I ordered a few times trying to get the right parts. Luckily I bought 2 more HS2 games and all of the parts worked great in those.

#5360 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Thanks. When you only have one, you have more time keep it up. I play in a pinball league and these guys have 8 and 10 games in their house. Hard to keep everything working 100%, but a fun problem to have.

Don't let the league stuff get to you. Some of us used to be in a league, few guys take it way too seriously and it just takes the fun out of it. Getting together just to play is all we do now, no competition.

2 weeks later
#5580 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

While I work through the wiring I am contemplating how to deal with the playfield issues. There is some wear around the pops and many holes through the PF from screws. While I am pretty sure I am capable of making it significantly better by way of verathane and touch up painting, I am weighing the associated time cost vs trying to find a reasonably priced PF already done.
I will not spend $900 on a reproduction though. So I am wondering if anyone has a cleared PF in the $400 range they are looking to sell?
Thanks!

I will have my old playfield for sale once the new ones come in, but that won't be for months down the road. Mine really only has some wear by the burn rubber lock.

2 weeks later
#5785 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

Are there any available custom apron cards available that haven't been taken down by Rick
Need a link ?

http://www.pinballcards.com/Search?submit_form=0&search=getaway

#5851 2 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Definitely Closed

End of stroke switches are supposed to be normally open on HS2. Here is a picture of the flipper assembly.

IMG_1617 (resized).JPG

#5857 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Your coil is not right, you need a 11629 for the right lower flipper.
But... closed or open?

I know it isn't the right coil, that is a picture of the bottom of BSD, same exact mechanism on HS2. I just rebuilt this one and had a picture handy.

Here is a note from the manual, stating they are normally open.

Capture (resized).JPG

#5861 2 years ago

Found my HS2 picture, even shows the label telling you that the EOS is normally open. I'll try to get pics of the flipper switches.

IMG_1094 (resized).JPG

#5871 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

So shiny! Looking good
I rebuilt all my flippers top to bottom but those coil wrappers really look good. I just recently cleaned and washed my originals wraps and put them over top the new coils but it doesn't look as nice as yours, great work.

Thank you sir, I had to modify the coil wrapper files that are available online to use the correct font. They came out pretty nice.

1 week later
#5928 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone know where I can get a replacement Supercharger Ramp Sign? Love to pick one up in Allentown if possible. Thanks.

I may have an old one as I changed out two of them with the new plastics.

#5963 2 years ago

I have a complete set of decals if anyone is needing them. I can get you pictures, just pulled them out of my little storage room last night.

#6014 2 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I can't find a link for the speaker box light up kit. I thought I saw it on some thread called "This thread is gonna cost you" or something, but it lights up the gauges in the DMD/speaker box, not just the speakers. Anyone found this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-this-thread-may-cost-you-money-comments-please

1 week later
#6048 2 years ago

Got one of the first light up speaker panels

IMG_1875 (resized).JPG

#6050 2 years ago

Yes, at Allentown. He just got the HS2 panels in the other day. Won't get to my game till next week.

#6056 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't see anyone posting so your the first. Did you get the deluxe set?

Yes, got the deluxe kit

#6057 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Nice, I got one too but I did not buy the new cover... do you have the link for the installation? They stamped my receipt but I took the wrong copy.
Thanks!

I have the link, I'll double check when I get to the truck, but I believe it was just the website/instructions.

1 week later
#6160 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Got my magnet apron and donut heaven decal. And since we are talking about flipper rubber color, I went with translucent orange.

Hide those wires from the Donut Shop, they go behind.

#6170 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

They have been like that since I rescued the game. Can you shoot me a photo of how the wires should be routed?

IMG_1153.JPG

#6172 2 years ago

The decal should have covered the holes.

IMG_1484.JPG

#6174 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I trimmed around the holes. I plan on adding a flashing led strip under the roof so the light will come out the front

That's a good idea, maybe some frosted plastic covering the holes which will also let the light out.

#6186 2 years ago

Got my light up panel finally buttoned up. Love the choices in color, went with a pinkish background as it really made the reds pop.
And I know I need to fix the date.

IMG_2031.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG
IMG_2033.JPG
IMG_2034.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG

2 weeks later
#6260 2 years ago

Those pop assemblies look good. Did you install new coil wrappers? The metal plates that were broken are usually broken on half of the ones that I take apart. I keep a bag of them in the tool box along with the other parts. Especially those special sized washers for the ring assembly.

4 weeks later
#6350 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I think because it's the summer season ,everyone is out and about and not online as much as during the shitty weather. (at least up here in the north). We just celebrated Canada day weekend last weekend. Out 150th birthday (yes I know, still babies as far as countries go) but copious amounts of beer was consumed across the country! I'm just waiting for my new getaway playfield to arrive to do the swap. Will be posting quite a bit with lots of photos once that begins.

I have a new playfield coming as well. Looks like you live pretty close to our Toronto office. It is located in North-York on Norfinch.

#6376 2 years ago
Quoted from psychopat:

Hi guys, I'm new in the getaway club! Just bought mine last week, the playfield is in perfect shape but the cabinet is heavily faded.
I was wondering by any luck if anyone would happen to have the cabinet artwork files?
I have a large Roland printer/cutter available at work and a laminator and would prefer to print my own since they sell for so much.
I also need the appron graphics, mine has been completely teared off. I would buy it but its backorder everywhere. Wonder if anyone scanned one.
Looking at all the mods, there's some crazy stuff out there: color DMD, lighted speaker panel, small cop car and helicopter haha cant wait to play more with it. I'm just finishing working on my Radical before going all out on HS2.
cheers

I haven't found the correct files for the side art anywhere. Rick said the ones he sells at Planetary have all of the correct shading taken from original art files.

2 weeks later
#6574 2 years ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

So we rebuilt all three flippers on the re-import Getaway and I'm noticing that all of the coils (except the flippers) on the game are AE-26-1700, except one AE-26-1500. Referencing the manual these are totally wrong, and I suspect the operator just swapped them out for whatever was on hand (why, I don't know). Should I bite the bullet, spend ~$125 and replace all coils per the manual?

Was that a typo the 26-1700? Most of the coils should be 26-1200. Can't see why someone would change all of them out, that would be some really bad failure.

#6583 2 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Random noob question. I have a nice build up of black funk on the supercharger ramp. What do I use to safely clean that off?

Metal polish, I like never dull myself, but there are plenty of choices.

1 week later
#6659 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

They have done two runs i think already. Highly doubtful they will do another but you never know !
Put an ad on pinside looking for a set. Lots of guys purchased a set in case they might end up with a Getaway but never did. Cant hurt.

If only they could do a set that has orange instead of that light pinkish color.

#6691 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Piece a cake... (Yes, I know the DMD is upside-down in the pic, I realized it before I put it back in the game.)

Nice work there, makes the gauges really pop. Love this kind of thinking!

1 month later
#6781 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Where can I get a kick ass 1156 led light for the Mars lamp? Seems neither comet nor cointaker sell them. I want a muti smd that will burn the eyes out when it's lit . Also, does anyone know if F14 uses the same bulbs as the Getaway?

I have and extra from buying a pair for mine. I'll take a picture when I get home.

1 week later
#6823 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Where can I get a kick ass 1156 led light for the Mars lamp? Seems neither comet nor cointaker sell them. I want a muti smd that will burn the eyes out when it's lit . Also, does anyone know if F14 uses the same bulbs as the Getaway?

Sorry I forgot about this, remembered when I saw the extra bulb laying in my toolbox tonight. I got this 2 pack from China awhile ago.

IMG_2709 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#6860 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Who is on the list for a repro playfield? Anyone heard from Peter yet ? Im assuming they should be shipping soon.

I have one coming as well. Haven't heard any updates from Peter.

1 month later
#6976 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

After having Pinsound with all my custom audio mixes, I can hardly watch a video with the original - guess I'm a sound snob now.
You also need to check out the "Bro, do you even pinball?" Getaway episode.
» YouTube video

Ha, that is my game that they are playing. My first HS2. On my third one now.

1 week later
#7066 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I can't wait for mine to arrive. Wait a couple of months for the clear to harden and then dig in !

I just emailed Peter yesterday, said they are picking up the next batch this week sometime.

#7117 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Just saw that Party Zone video- that was lyonsden himself. Looks awesome! For Getaway I currently just have a single LED strip hooked up for the supercharger ramp so less effects. My real job is seriously impacting my pinball lifestyle right now so it'll be the end of the week before I'm back to take a video.

I always have thought of hooking three strips up to the flashers, alternating them like the three on the supercharger are, so that they appear to be chasing.

Nice job on the pinduino.

#7135 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Guess what was waiting for me when i got home today ?
Its absolutely stunning !! Thanks so much Peter. Its the last thing my Getaway needed after a full on restore to take it over the top.

LUCKY! hope mine is coming shortly, just so I can stare at it

#7150 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I got a rough video of my Pinduino controlled supercharger ramp LEDs uploaded:
» YouTube video
The ramp lights are still in attract mode when the game first starts. Watch for the shot up the supercharger ramp for the red "chase" effect.

Nice work sir, that looks killer.

3 weeks later
#7213 1 year ago

My playfield finally arrived today, so beautiful.

IMG_3161 (resized).jpg

#7215 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Gorgeous! Keep us posted with pics on the swap.

It will be awhile, getting a new cabinet built as well.

#7219 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

chirp, chirp, chrip (sound of crickets) . . . anybody?

I don't know if I can help you as I have the complete version. It is all one big assembly, but I love how it lights up the speakers and the entire panel.

#7222 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I would value your input on installation, how its powered (on/off), build quality, etc.

It is turned on and off with a relay, gets its power from the service outlet, but will not turn on till the game is on because of the relay.

2 weeks later
2 months later
#7652 1 year ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Still hoping to find a new plastics set while I get the last few bits together for this playfield... should have grabbed the one from the marketplace! Any more leads?

I'm hoping someone else remakes these, not really happy with the orange color from the CPR run, looks like beige, not the bright orange it should be.

#7676 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Any fellow Getaway owners going to Allentown this year ? Want to hook up for a beer while we are there ?

I'll be there, bringing my HS2 for the party at the Ramada. Will also have a booth, Playfield Protectors.

1 week later
#7805 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Pucker meter hit 11!

Not too bad for my first time...

Still a long way to go...

Where did you get your decals from? Wondering how good the detail is. I have a set, not sure where from, but the detail isn't as good.

#7808 1 year ago

Darin does awesome work. I got a set of AFM decals from him a couple years back.

#7873 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I recently did a playfield swap on my Getaway and looking to sell the original. I really didnt need a new playfield but did a full on restore of the pin and decided i wanted a new one to put it over the top and the original is in rather good shape for an old playfield. Typical ball trails and slight (very slight) insert lifting but no real wear except for where the supercharger ramp flap sits which is typical. This playfield would be a fairly easy restore if some wanted to and then clear or if you have blown out playfield you could actually just swap.
Looking for $300.00. Would much rather sell local and not ship. PM me or Text me at 416-992-7442 if interested. I dont want to post on the marketplace as i want to sell local but i will certainly donate the appropriate funds to pinside if it sells here. Im going to Allentown so i can bring it if that works. Its $300.00 Canadian funds or $250.00 American funds.

If you want to bring this playfield to Allentown and put it in our booth, you are more than welcome to try and sell it.

#7884 1 year ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Much appreciated. I will take you up on that if i dont get it sold by then. Whats your booth name ?

"Playfield Protectors"

#7886 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Does anyone sell the target stickers? Thanks.

I bought this set for my third HS2. ebay.com link » Highspeed 2 Getaway Pinball Target Cushioned Decals
Like them so far.

I bought this set for my second HS2 that I had, - http://pinballdecals.com/HSIITargetDecalsPage.html

1 week later
#7985 1 year ago

Got to meet SUPERBEE at Allentown, great guy. Also picked up a pinsound at the show, plan on installing it shortly.

#8009 1 year ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Alright guys, I've got a controversial question here. I'm looking to pick up a Color DMD for my Getaway and I see a lot of you guys have them. I'm personally a fan of the dots and don't suspect I'd use other filters, due to that I'm leaning towards the LED version of the panel over the LCD. My biggest concern however is in ghosting during the video mode of the machine with the LED panel. I know it's not as much of an issue with the LCD, which is why I'm still considering it.
Does anyone with an LED panel regret it, or prefer it? This will be my first Color DMD so I don't have a frame of reference as I've never seen either type in person. I know I'll be picking up an anti-glare mask either way, but still unsure of which panel to pick up...

Unfortunately there isn't a good answer on this as everyone's opinion is right. Meaning that what looks good to one person, doesn't look good to the next sometimes. I bought one of the first LED displays for my HS2. Having a couple LCD units already, I figured I would give it a try. I hated it. For me, the dots weren't big enough. But again, that is just my opinion.
I swapped it with a friend of mine, he loves the LED in his AFM. So we are both happy now.

3 weeks later
#8094 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I don't know, the car chase is a pretty big animation and when you crash the flames and explosion, IMO, is better on the LCD (not going to mention the hitchhiker... lol!)

I totally agree, it is a personal preference
To me, I'm not sure any color DMD resemble the classic look unless you go single color dots
There are no issues with viewing angles on LCD
True, the brightness of LED can be much brighter than LCD
I agree one does not out perform the other unless you want smooth animations.

Definitely total owners opinion on this. I bought and LED for the Getaway, hated the way it looked compared to the LCD. Traded my buddy the LED for his LCD that was in AFM. Couldn't have been happier.

I think if the dots were bigger on the LED, it might help the way it looks. But is totally just my opinion.

#8128 1 year ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Just finished restoring my Getaway with new cabinet decals, powder coated metal work, comet LEDs and playfield protector. Really happy with how it turned out!

Where did you get your decals from? Can you get a clear shot of the head decals?

#8137 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn’t planning on upgrading to a colorDMD so soon, but I can make a convincing argument that upgrading now makes fiscal sense.

If you can find someone with a newer Stern LED dmd cheap, those are a good replacement as well if you can't swing a Color DMD.

3 weeks later
#8191 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

PSA - CPR has Getaway plastics in stock again...
Of course I had to add that to the project too... damnit! Now I gotta take the PF apart... again

Hopefully they make them orange this time, instead of the washed out color on the last run.

2 months later
#8425 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

To everyone that ordered CPR Plastics for getaway (in the past or recently)...
I have been discussing with Kevin@CPR about the hole template on the set. I got a replacement set recently, and found the holes drilled for the layered plastics on the slingshots and near the shooter lane where the plastic snap-in standoffs were used were not big enough.
By stand-offs... I mean these fun puppies..
[quoted image]
Kevin says they've not had any issues with this in the past, and we're trying to understand if this is 'steve is stupid' moment, or if other people have had similar issues but just not brought it up (and if changes should be made!)
The specifics... the hole template seems to be 5/32 as the standard screw mount hole size. But there was no difference in size between screw mounts and these stand-off+screw mount hole locations. In particular, the gauge plastics that sit over the slingshots, and the speed sign plastic that is near the lock on the side of the playfield. Plastics at the back of the game, did have larger holes for the stand-offs.
In my case, I expanded the holes to 13/64 to make it large enough to accomodate the stand-off+bolt.
Before Kevin goes and makes going forward changes, can any of you previous buyers chime in on your experience?
Thx

I think I had to drill out the couple of sets that I had installed in my Getaway games. I emailed CPR about the color differences in the first runs of plastics, hoping that they can change the orange to be like the originals. I haven't heard back yet. I would be in for a new set of bright orange if they can change it easily with the new process.

#8449 11 months ago
Quoted from Kanivr:

Hi there
I would love a set of plastics for my machine
Any help would be appreciated
I have been looking for a while
Thanks in advance

CPR has them up on the website now, just not sure if they have corrected the orange color from the previous run.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/getaway-2/

#8454 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The orange is still the muted orange.. vs the fluorescent

I'd be happy with just an orange, sucks they can't change it on the fly with the new process.

#8461 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I know this... but they can still get a brighter orange than what they are currently printing.

Right, that was all I was looking for, just orange. I figured the fluorescent wasn't going to happen. Love the work they do to recreate this stuff. Just wish the orange was orange and not the beige it is now.

#8466 11 months ago

I actually took my key mod off the game. Took it to Allentown for the hotel party and didn't need someone snapping the key off. Haven't put it back in yet.

3 months later
#8948 7 months ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Rebuilding my flippers on Getaway this weekend - can anyone post some pictures of the 3 flipper assemblies so I see them done right? The machine I got had the coils cut off along with other issues just want to compare how a good one should look.
Thanks in advance....

Here are the two bottom flippers after rebuilding them on my game. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/118#post-3710796

2 months later
#9259 4 months ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I think I am honing in on the issue. Think its the diode on the light board as I can see it is hacked up. And different than the one other diode across from it.
Does this look right? Does anyone know off hand what type of diode should go on this board?
[quoted image][quoted image]

disregard, someone else answered

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kawydud.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside