• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 0geist0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4699 7 years ago

I thought that the ball lock was supposed to be the hideout?
These do look really good though.

#4704 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What better place to hideout than the Donut Shop? In other words - right in plane sight where the cops hangout . . . they would never suspect you being there.

The cops hang out there.

1 week later
#4779 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I have heard that sometimes the shaft can get slightly bent over time so it ends up with a tight spot on the mesh of the gears. It's a normal 12V motor so it will have a positive tab and a negative tab. Remove the motor from the assembly and hook up to a 12 Volt battery, won't matter if you have the pos/neg wires on the wrong tabs, it won't burn out, just spin in the opposite direction. At least this test will tell you for sure if the motor has died. If the motor works it will be either a binding issue with the gears or a power issue.

Isn't it a 12 volt AC motor?

HS2 Motor (resized).jpgHS2 Motor (resized).jpg

#4781 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

To be honest, the manual doesn't specify and there's nothing identifying AC on the motor casing. I don't see why it would be AC? Most 12V lines in pinball machines are DC that i know of.

If it was DC it would have one red wire and one black wire.
I just went through this with my HS2
My beacon was missing so I got one that was DC and had to put a bridge rectifier in line to convert the current.

#4785 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Although i've seen many DC powered items that have had various combo's of wire colour (Red, Green) (Black, White) (Yellow,Black) and also (Red,Red) you are correct, the motor is 12VAC. Just did some research.
By the way, these motors are still available from marco's, although a repro "beefed up" version supposedly. Handy to know if Red's motor is cactus. Seems testing AC motors is an intriguing process

How would you go about testing a 12 volt AC motor?

#4789 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

you guys replace batteries while on? is it really that dangerous?

You lose all your settings and scores if you change them with the machine off.

1 week later
#4981 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, the above pic reminds me about something. I currently don't have a topper on my Getaway, as I think the standard one that goes over the lamp just looks plain stupid. This is not a criticism of those of you who have it, but of the design - "Williams Hot Action Pinball", what marketing/design genius came up with that? This is in addition to the generic non-themed graphics and overall daintiness of the topper. Has anyone ever come up with an alternate topper for this pin? If not, does anyone have some creative ideas for one that maybe would inspire me to work on a design?

I put one from a Safecracker on mine.

HS2 Topper 001 (resized).JPGHS2 Topper 001 (resized).JPG

#5019 7 years ago

Everybody can roll in a Ferrari

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 weeks later
#5243 7 years ago

I just developed a really fun problem with mine.
I have intermittent slings, and red targets.
I thought maybe it was a board problem but the gear shift lever works fine and it's on the same line.
I just had the board done too.

2 weeks later
#5447 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

here's a players HS2 that just popped up on clist for any lurkers in here:
newyork.craigslist.org link

Good price

1 week later
#5552 7 years ago

I tried to find the guy that posted this first and thank him for the idea to do mine, but I can't find it.
I lit up my gauges.

Getaway Gauges 007 (resized).JPGGetaway Gauges 007 (resized).JPG

#5554 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Mustangpaul did the 1st one, I used his method but with a twist using star post lights opposed to light strips (just happen to have them on hand and they fit the gauges perfectly), maybe this will help but yours looks fine as is...

Yours look much better than mine do.
I just used spotlight sockets and 2smd 555 frosted.
I had them on hand also.

#5594 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Rick really needs to chill if you ask me!

Who's Rick?

1 week later
#5776 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Has anyone ever hit the EB in video mode?

I didn't even know that there was one. It's in the video?

#5778 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Yes, if I stay on one side it pops up on the other side most of the time in 5th gear.

I'll have to watch for it, I always do it in 5th gear

#5797 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I had the spare time to go and have a good look at my machine. My SC leg is attached to the front post, the 2 posts behind are the double ring posts you mention. The back one of these by the looks of it has had the thread cut off and grinded flat on top, the front one still has some thread left on it (although not enough to mount too). As you can see by the pics the SC leg is bent back towards the double ring posts if anything NOT forward to meet the front sleeve post. I know that the rest of the SC mounts correctly to all the mounting posts so it looks like my machine has been stuffed with by the previous owner
I'm gonna need to order one of those 02-4036-1 post's also by the looks of it. Does your SC leg have a distinctive bend backwards?? cause mine is going to need to bend back a little more to meet the new post.

Mine is attached to the post behind that one.

#5887 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I presume it was this thread Mr T >>> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound
please forgive the imposition

Your link works

1 week later
#5965 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any suggestions on restoring the front decals and damage caused by the lock bar? Thanks.

Spot paint it black and put the face of a real gauge in its place.
You could even light it up.
Just a thought

#5968 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I contemplated putting some old AutoMeter gauges I have floating around here somewhere in to the machine, but I rather not deal with the desire that would arise to make them functional.

I agree, his cabinet is already drilled so if he cut the gauge down he could attach the face and glass with silicone and run the wire for the light through the existing hole.
A small fuel gauge is cheap.

#5971 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

And here is my keychain in action.
2 more keychain spots left if there are any additional takers. $7 shipped to continental US (I will ship outside US too, but will have to calculate custom rate).

How did you change the gearshift knob?

#5986 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Dremel tool, hacksaw, and brute strength. You have to physical cut off the original and there is no going back. I don't know what kind of plastic/rubber they used for the original knob cover, but seems like some kind of alien/NASA compound that is indestructible. Once off, you just add the knob of your choosing that fits the shaft and has set screws to hold it on. If you will keyword search this thread you will find step-by-step directions and other examples of how to do it.

Thanks, i figured it had to be cut off, time to break out the cutoff tool

#6037 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Is this a prototype? The gaps are too big and the plastic is too thin. It just don't look right maybe it's the paint scheme. Sorry

It will look better with the plastic reinstalled I think

#6042 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Well to me the plastic by the nut is to thin and it's not going to last. It's going to break with air balls. Are you going to lose the side plastic as well? That's where I have one of my police cars. That big gap plus those metal tabs just don't look right to me. Maybe it'll look better with the plastic reinstall. I do like the tunnel entrance with the 1992 on it though.

Then don't buy it.
Problem solved.

#6046 6 years ago
Quoted from grumpy712:

Did somebody get their feelings hurt?

Sounds like yours were

1 week later
1 week later
1 month later
#6414 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just went up to measure the bracket, and guess what . . . I don't have one (no wonder I never noticed it).
Can anyone confirm if this is the correct part: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10904

Mine doesn't have one either

#6423 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Interesting, I only have the bracket that is attached to the supercharger side. I don't have nor see a place to attach the right sided bracket as shown here.
Wait, is that a mirror bladed image on the right?

I don't even know how I would fit mirror blades on mine.
There just isn't enough space for them.

1 week later
#6525 6 years ago

I never even knew that there was a plastic there.
Just looked and mine is there. really a pain to get to it though.

#6541 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Dude, all this hassle? or for less than six bucks...
ebay.com link » Williams Getaway Pinball Machine Left Back Corner Playfield Plastic

Should be a "Doh" comment coming soon. lol

2 weeks later
#6679 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Since i'm in such a chatty mood, I decided to share how I made my speaker panel gauges light up without spending $225. I did this for free and about 4 hours of work... But I have a ton of spare parts, but if you had to buy the stuff to do it, it would cost under $20.

Looks great, how did you do it?

#6681 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Piece a cake... (Yes, I know the DMD is upside-down in the pic, I realized it before I put it back in the game.)

I gotta get a hole saw kit now.

1 month later
#6813 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

So I’m cleaning and waxing the playfield today and decide to unscrew the stoplight to clean around and under it. It’s then that I see a screw under the stop sign. And I think, why not move the stoplight back from being attached at the end of that plastic to further up on that plastic. It fits back there and to me almost seems like that’s where it should have been from the beginning.

Mine won't fit there, for one thing there is a red plastic post behind it and second it hits the plastic over the top of the hideout (donut shop) ramp.

#6816 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I have room. Weird.

Here is a couple of pics, the flash washed out the colors

Getaway Stoplight 001 (resized).JPGGetaway Stoplight 001 (resized).JPG

Getaway Stoplight 003 (resized).JPGGetaway Stoplight 003 (resized).JPG

Getaway Stoplight 004 (resized).JPGGetaway Stoplight 004 (resized).JPG

#6817 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I have room. Weird.

Looks like you have a new plastic, I wonder if that's it.

2 weeks later
#6857 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Hey guys, I’m selling a few mods I took off my HS2. I’ve got the Donut Heaven mod and the small lighted police car, both by Mezel Mods. I’m asking $50 for both of them, plus $5 for shipping in the continental U.S. They both work fine, just decided to take my pin back to stock. If you check the Mezel Mods website the Donut Heaven costs $60 and the lighted police car costs $50, so this is a deal.

Great deal

1 month later
#6929 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

What’s the going rate range for a getaway?
I’m thinking about parting with mine, but I haven’t watched the market on this game.

Marketplace on here has them between $2500 and $3000

#6932 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here in TX, people are asking more but I think low to mid $2K's is fair before restoration and tasteful upgrades.

Isn't Texas and Florida always lower on prices?

1 week later
#7013 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

They came yesterday. Install soon.

I need to do that to mine. The left one is all screwed up
Where did you find them? Marco only has the left side, if I'm going to change them out I want to do both sides.

#7015 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

It appears to be Pinball Life (invoice is in the picture).

Thanks, I couldn't find them on his site. Sent Terry an email.

#7024 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

The parts are A-17749.1-1 for the left and A-17749.1-2 for the right.

Thanks, got them in my cart.

#7026 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Damn, these new glides are so smooth. Didn’t know they were supposed to work this nice. Glad I did it. Worth the cost. Tightened the cab bolts while in there.

How did you support the playfield when you changed them?

#7030 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

I set the playfield on the sled-type rails on the cabinet floor and used two bungee cords around the head. Before re now that was the only was to keep it up.

You did it by yourself?

#7032 6 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

SWMBO helped hold it up while I strapped it.

I'll figure something out

#7042 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just use 2x4's stacked under the upright pf then shim it for the final lift.

That would probably be what I do

#7044 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I did this with my Jackbot when I removed the pf, the lift rails came right off no problem. LOL I did this though to sand the inside of the cabinet walls down so I could put mirror blades on. My garage door motor came in handy.

LOL. I'd use my engine hoist for that.

#7046 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Or you just reach in and lift the playfield out with two hands

That won't happen. I'm 68

#7047 6 years ago

Just ordered a set.

#7055 6 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

Fair 'nuff but you also have an engine hoist which seems safer to me than the garage door method.

I'm just going to block the playfield up, no need to remove it to change the slides.

#7057 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When you do that knock out the big bolts and repaint them.

Then they will be the best looking part of the cabinet. lol

#7068 6 years ago

I took this off the left side of the playfield just to see whats bent on it and it's the channel at the end.
I think that after it was straightened in a vice if the notch that I'm pointing to was welded closed it wouldn't bend ever again.
I have new ones coming though but it would be worth a try to someone that can't get new ones.

Getaway slides 002 (resized).JPGGetaway slides 002 (resized).JPG

Getaway slides 001 (resized).JPGGetaway slides 001 (resized).JPG

#7073 6 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Its pot-metal, extremely hard if not impossible to weld. Even if you managed to get weld to stick, it would break right off under any strain.
The new style type are made of good mild-steel, and could be welded, but wont crack or break in the first place.

They are not pot metal, if they were it would not be possible to straighten them.
Pot metal is porous and breaks.

#7079 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Allow me to summarize:
- Old ones are junk and made out of some type of low quality metal (may even vary by machine)
- Repaired or not repaired, they are still cheap junk that will fail again
- New ones are relatively cheap, made out of a superior material to the originals
- Better get your new ones while they are still available since there's a run on them at PBL

That's why I posted a possible repair. For when they are no longer available.

#7081 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah, I don't know, mine are the original lifts and they still work fine, I think if you take your time lifting the PF they may last but that's not to say I'm not tempted to swap them out it's just not high on my priority list.

I could lift mine just fine, the problem was putting it back down.
I had to pry on the left slide to get it to move.

#7084 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah mine are original and are perfect too. Same with my Jackbot.

Didn't only the early builds have the crappy slides?

1 week later
#7163 6 years ago

New playfield slides work great. What an amazing difference from the old ones.

2 weeks later
#7218 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

chirp, chirp, chrip (sound of crickets) . . . anybody?

Seems like it would cause an awful lot of glare

#7226 6 years ago

The service outlet is hot even with the machine off

#7229 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yes, but there is some sort of relay board that connects to the driver board and the service box... hmmm, so in theory it could be done but then I'm not sure where you would mount the board. So lets say it would be best to run it off of the service outlet so everything is contained within the cabinet

So the relay board pulls power from somewhere else? I don't understand how something gets shut off when power is still there.

3 months later
#7820 6 years ago

Quoted from VolunteerPin:
Question though...my playfield will pull out only partially where it does not lock and cannot be lifted into vertical position without me continuing to hold it up. I'm guessing it has something to do with the spring loaded brackets but I've never run into this situation before and not sure how to approach this issue. Right now game is playing perfectly so it is not an emergency but obviously need to get it correct for future repairs.
I replaced the slides on mine and it makes an amazing difference.
The playfield slides in and out almost effortlessly.

1 week later
#7922 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It would be cool if someone did custom art for the Getaway cab, gotta admit even in good shape it’s not a beauty.
I’m a little shocked the “white” lines were originally red!! That’s unbelievable fade.

You could have yours wrapped with the art of your choice, and it's reversible if you ever sell.

1 month later
#8165 5 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've finally gotten around to replacing my slide rails which i knew had been busted for some time, as i've mentioned before, too many projects and not enough time for them all I know this has been brought up before in the thread but seems a good time to mention it again for all new members and perhaps some of the older one's also. Check out pic/exhibit A: the original completely MUNTED rails and what the long term after effects of said munted rails can do to the wooden guides in the cab and also the damage to the underneath of the playfield - see pic/exhibit B:
Now i must mention that the damage to the playfield was already there when i got my machine (about 5 years ago) so who knows how long those slide rails had been stuffed. Final note is ** If your machine has original slide rails then visually check them, if they are bent or cause issues then replace them as soon as you can!
And yeah i know, need to reattach the braid

Mine wer bent the other way, so once the playfield was pulled out and stood up I wasn't able to lower it again. Installed new slide rails and now it's better than new

1 week later
#8179 5 years ago

Might sell mine, it needs cabinet decals and the original beacon assy.
The one on it now is from a Safecracker.

1 month later
#8320 5 years ago

Anyone have a source for the plastic over the switches just to the right of the supercharger ramp entrance?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 20.00
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 0geist0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin?tu=0geist0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.