• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 277.
#5601 7 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

That is just crazy on their part! You were and are a huge asset to this community!
Yeah you really benefited a lot from this work right? Im sure your a millionaire by now. SICKENING!

Life goes on, and I will never be discouraged from loving Getaway and the community who owns them. Besides, plenty of others here with great ideas and creativity beyond what I have.

#5602 7 years ago

Rick.... i completely understand and agree with shutting down folks and businesses that are making money or/and are infringing on your rights to Williams and hurting your business but when it comes to this you really need to get a fu..ing life you ahole !!! Sorry, but ive had enough!!!! Complete bullshit !! Im done with
ordering from him period!!! Enough is enough with this shit !!

#5603 7 years ago

You are only screwing yourself in the long term Rick, people are fed up....BTW... hows the Capcom liciencing holding up ?????

#5604 7 years ago

Rick owns the bully rights to Willams !

#5605 7 years ago

Sorry, but BS if you ask me !!!

#5606 7 years ago

Sad. In this case this is really sad

#5607 7 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

That is just crazy on their part! You were and are a huge asset to this community!

Unfortunately that doesn't put any money in their pocket. It could be that he was ratted on by someone making the same thing but for money.

#5608 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Unfortunately that doesn't put any money in their pocket. It could be that he was ratted on by someone making the same thing but for money.

Paul

You are probably right ... I am sure someone did rat him out!

#5609 7 years ago

Guys, I appreciate the support, but I ask everyone here to not dwell on the negative. Sure, I have some commentary on the subject, but what good is going to come out of that? I'm over it, so let's move on having fun and enjoying our hobby.

I'm sure there are plenty of other threads on Pinside on this topic where opinions are openly expressed, so by all means contribute to them as you see fit.

#5610 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Guys, I appreciate the support, but I ask everyone here to not dwell on the negative. Sure, I have some commentary on the subject, but what good is going to come out of that? I'm over it, so let's move on having fun and enjoying our hobby.
I'm sure there are plenty of other threads on Pinside on this topic where opinions are openly expressed, so by all means contribute to them as you see fit.

OK boss.

#5611 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well said, +1

#5612 7 years ago

I wonder if PP has any plans on doing a Getaway remake?

#5613 7 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I wonder if PP has any plans on doing a Getaway remake?

I would doubt that, he did MMr, now onto AFMr my guess would be MBr, bigger money in those titles...

#5614 7 years ago

I would rather see an entirely new High Speed 3 over a Getaway reissue.

#5615 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I would rather see an entirely new High Speed 3 over a Getaway reissue.

Agreed but i doubt it would happen.

#5616 7 years ago

Alrighty then. That was a fun afternoon and early evening for me (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-pin2dmd-funding-interest/page/2#post-3682113).

Anyway, so what's new, fun, and exciting in the Getaway world? Seriously, I appreciate everyone in here and the passion you all have for our hobby. Kind of a rude awaking to the business side of Pinball, but live and learn, I guess.

#5617 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Alrighty then. That was a fun afternoon and early evening for me (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-pin2dmd-funding-interest/page/2#post-3682113).
Anyway, so what's new, fun, and exciting in the Getaway world? Seriously, I appreciate everyone in here and the passion you all have for our hobby. Kind of a rude awaking to the business side of Pinball, but live and learn, I guess.

Sorry you had to meet Rick. He's like the crotchety old guy on the street chasing kids off his lawn.

#5618 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

"the crotchety old guy on the street chasing kids off his lawn."

Watch it! That hit a little too close to home.

#5619 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Anyway, so what's new, fun, and exciting in the Getaway world?

Just installed my mirror blades I got at TPF

P_20170329_212542 (resized).jpgP_20170329_212542 (resized).jpg

#5620 7 years ago

Beautiful, and I absolutely love the mirrors. I've thought about them too, but afraid that I would scratch the tar out of them (I keep tearing up what I have). They really brighten up the pin, and make it feel bigger than it is to me when playing. Very nice addition.

#5621 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Beautiful, and I absolutely love the mirrors. I've thought about them too, but afraid that I would scratch the tar out of them (I keep tearing up what I have). They really brighten up the pin, and make it feel bigger than it is to me when playing. Very nice addition.

I don't have room for mirrors either.

#5622 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Looks great!

Quoted from MustangPaul:I don't have room for mirrors either.

Same or I would have installed the smoked mirror blades

#5623 7 years ago

Can someone take a photo of their playfield lifted on the pivots? For whatever reason my playfield will not engage properly and I am wondering if my playfield slides and latches are broken or bent.

#5624 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I am wondering if my playfield slides and latches are broken or bent.

I can promise you that either one or probably both are cracked and bent at the "U" bend in the back. A very common issue caused from dumbass hack "tech's" thinking they have to slam the shit out the PF to lock it in.

#5625 7 years ago

I will take some photos later, but I am not sure they are cracked. Hopefully the previous owner put the playfield in incorrectly and I just need some guidance as to the correct way to put it back in. Photos however of the correct installation would be helpful.

#5626 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Hopefully the previous owner put the playfield in incorrectly

lol, is the PF upside down? if not, and the PF rests in its proper position for playing... its in there correctly.

#5627 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Alrighty then. That was a fun afternoon and early evening for me

No good deed goes unpunished! You're always appreciated by us fellow Getaway owners.

#5628 7 years ago

LOL it does sit fine at rest, but when I pull it forward it wont engage in to the pivot bolts and I can't lift it up all the way.

#5629 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

LOL it does sit fine at rest, but when I pull it forward it wont engage in to the pivot bolts and I can't lift it up all the way.

Then if the hooks and springs are there, the slides are broken. As I said, its extremely common.

#5630 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I too am very interested to see this. Personally, mine will slide all the way forward, but it does not "click". I have to manually and carefully lift it up and jog it back and forth until I can get it fully upright. If someone could shoot a video of their Getaway or similar pin focusing on the internal mechanism it would be a huge help. I've seen generic videos, but nothing close up on the mechanism so you can see exactly what is occurring.

I think all of the mechs are on mine: springs, clips, cabinet lugs, playfield brackets, etc., but just don't know what I am missing since I don't know how it is all supposed to work together.

#5631 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I too am very interested to see this. Personally, mine will slide all the way forward, but it does not "click". I have to manually and carefully lift it up and jog it back and forth until I can get it fully upright. If someone could shoot a video of their Getaway or similar pin focusing on the internal mechanism it would be a huge help. I've seen generic videos, but nothing close up on the mechanism so you can see exactly what is occurring.
I think all of the mechs are on mine: springs, clips, cabinet lugs, playfield brackets, etc., but just don't know what I am missing since I don't know how it is all supposed to work together.

Ditto!

#5632 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

For whatever reason my playfield will not engage properly

Try lifting the front of the playfield as you pull out. If the slides are bent this will help them engage better. I have taken them out and straightened them in a vice.

#5633 7 years ago

Hey Tmezel any updates on the mountain mod? My Getaway arrives soon! I'm excited to put in an order with you guys!

#5634 7 years ago

The hinge system on the Getaway is one of the shittiest designs of them all (next to system 9s ) and about 70 percent of them out there dont work properly. As TheOnlyest has said..there really is no wrong way to put the playfield in. When it is sitting where it is supposed to be, you just pull forward until you hear the lock engaging with a click. If that doesnt work, then you either have to straighten them out as they are bent, or the spring are shot. You can either try straightening out the hinges or just replace them once and for all. Most of the pinball parts companies stock them. The best way to understand how they work is to have someone lift and pull on the playfield while you watch underneath through the door with a flashlight.

#5635 7 years ago

Is this what you need?

pull pf (resized).jpgpull pf (resized).jpg

pull pf upward (resized).jpgpull pf upward (resized).jpg

hinge upward (resized).jpghinge upward (resized).jpg

#5636 7 years ago

Yeah mine must be bent to sh*t as the ground braid at the pivot nuts is just completely worn through and the cabinet is really chewed up there. Maybe I will replace them or just deal with it as is.

#5637 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Hey wait... those mirror blades are reflecting an exact copy of the copyrighted art... is that legal .

#5638 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Hey tmezel any updates on the mountain mod? My Getaway arrives soon! I'm excited to put in an order with you guys!

Just received it and ready for paint

IMG_0819 (resized).JPGIMG_0819 (resized).JPG

#5639 7 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

Hey wait... those mirror blades are reflecting an exact copy of the copyrighted art... is that legal .

Shhhh, don't tell Rick.

#5640 7 years ago

Is that injection molded or some other molding process? Looks too smooth for 3D printed (at least for home printer) unless it has been cleaned up quite a bit.

#5641 7 years ago

If it is 3D, that's one nice printer. That front screw hole looks pretty close to the edge.

#5642 7 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

Oh you HAD to open your big mouth didn't you.

#5643 7 years ago

Hello to All

The milling on the Getaway boards has started. 8 Boards were milled today, next week we will continue.
We are starting to glue inserts on the first boards.
If you still want to have a playfield, please then send me an email to [email protected]
We will take pre-orders until the milling is finished.

Wish all a nice week end

Regards from Hamburg
Peter
http://www.buthamburg.de

#5644 7 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Just received it and ready for paint

Awesome. Can this be pre-ordered?

#5645 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

I use a toothpick to set my flipper

Did you ever do anything about that gnarly looking flipper bat in the pic you posted with toothpick (sorry, but kind of grossed me out when I saw the photo)? Might break your new mirror blades if something that ugly was reflected.

gnarlybat.jpggnarlybat.jpg

#5646 7 years ago

All new, I saved the old ones just in case you needed them.

20170331_181315 (resized).jpg20170331_181315 (resized).jpg

#5647 7 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

All new, I saved the old ones just in case you needed them.

Darn, that was actually funny.

#5648 7 years ago

From a $700 decapitated wreck on a garage floor, reimported from Germany in unknown condition to fully functional in 1 week.

Beyond needing every wire soldered back together I had to rebuild the driver board with new Bridge at BR3 and caps as well as GI headers. New GI molex connectors. New HV caps on DMD driver. New caps on sound board (since replaced with PinSound). New rubbers everywhere. 2 broken plastics on the way from the land down under. Rebuilt all 3 flippers with new coils.

Still running L1 rom. I will patch L2 for the LED ghosting fix and then burn that at some point today.

Playfield needs some love in a few spots where prior idiots drove screws through. Needs some Cliffys.

I was working through LED change out for GI, Inserts and Flashers and ran out of 555 bulbs for all of the inserts. More on the way from Comet.

The playfield slide lock mechanisms look like they are intact and seemingly springy but they just won't engage. I am over it though and playing the crap out of it in the garage.

IMG_0554 (resized).JPGIMG_0554 (resized).JPG

#5649 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

From a $700 decapitated wreck on a garage floor, reimported from Germany in unknown condition to fully functional in 1 week.
Beyond needing every wire soldered back together I had to rebuild the driver board with new Bridge at BR3 and caps as well as GI headers. New GI molex connectors. New HV caps on DMD driver. New caps on sound board (since replaced with PinSound). New rubbers everywhere. 2 broken plastics on the way from the land down under. Rebuilt all 3 flippers with new coils.
Still running L1 rom. I will patch L2 for the LED ghosting fix and then burn that at some point today.
Playfield needs some love in a few spots where prior idiots drove screws through. Needs some Cliffys.
I was working through LED change out for GI, Inserts and Flashers and ran out of 555 bulbs for all of the inserts. More on the way from Comet.
The playfield slide lock mechanisms look like they are intact and seemingly springy but they just won't engage. I am over it though and playing the crap out of it in the garage.

Excellent work! Enjoy

#5650 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Job well done!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
There are 13,811 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.