• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 96 votes
    35%
  • P7 8 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 277 votes by 276 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,151 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3417.JPG
IMG_3418.JPG
IMG_3419.JPG
large (resized).jpg
detail (resized).jpg
IMG_4792D (resized).jpg
A8B9DF1B-F499-40A6-891A-AA067A29BB3E (resized).jpeg
20200201_230407.jpg
aa4246ccf5cb05c30a119e1685c0b4ac9eece0b5.png.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Pinsound logic (resized).png
Orchestrations (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 2.22.44 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bos98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5545 2 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club today. Picked up a wreck on the cheap. Wires were cut by the previous owner to remove the head to get it down steps... There is also Plenty broken under the playfield.

I am trying to figure out what part/parts I am missing to lift the ramp. I have the entire mechanism below the playfield B-12576 on page 2-29 of the manual. But I have no clue what connects from A-12577 (lift crank assembly) to the actual ramp. I assume there is some sort of shaft that attaches in some manner.

Can anyone point me to the part numbers needed or the page is the manual I am missing and perhaps a photo of these things assembled? It would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to get a shopping list together to resurrect this one.

Thanks!

IMG_0406 (resized).JPG

IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

IMG_0409 (resized).JPG

IMG_0411 (resized).JPG

IMG_0410 (resized).JPG

#5547 2 years ago

I have all of that but what connect the arm portion to the ramp to actually lift it?

#5548 2 years ago

I am apparently missing the ramp lifter pin. Is there a part number for this?

Am I screwed?

Thanks.

IMG_0426 (resized).PNG

#5550 2 years ago

Perfect and it looks like Marcos has them right now.

Thank you!

#5562 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yeah, I could not agree more, that's insane...

Good luck with that project, I'm sure it will be worth all the efforts.

I just ordered $205 in parts. The playfield has some screws through it which I will try to tap down, sand and fix with touch up and then varethane the entire playfield as I am trying to keep this fix up as cheap as possible.

#5573 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I would remove them and use shorter screws rather than try to tap them down.

No no I wil for sure remove them and fill any holes that are stripped and then replace with proper length screws.

I was saying I will tap down the high spots on the top side of the playfield and touch them up then verathane

#5574 2 years ago

I have about 40 wires left to strip twist solder and shrink until I can find out what else is wrong with my game. Hopefully it won't be too awful and I can minimally begin testing switches and coils in a few days.

IMG_0433 (resized).JPG

I am too wiped out to take a pic of the current progress and I am going to bed.

#5579 2 years ago

While I work through the wiring I am contemplating how to deal with the playfield issues. There is some wear around the pops and many holes through the PF from screws. While I am pretty sure I am capable of making it significantly better by way of verathane and touch up painting, I am weighing the associated time cost vs trying to find a reasonably priced PF already done.

I will not spend $900 on a reproduction though. So I am wondering if anyone has a cleared PF in the $400 range they are looking to sell?

Thanks!

#5581 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I will have my old playfield for sale once the new ones come in, but that won't be for months down the road. Mine really only has some wear by the burn rubber lock.

Keep me posted. I first need to get the game up and running and that will be doable with the current playfield.

#5582 2 years ago

5 hours of reconnecting wires but it was worth it.

Only remaining issues:

Up/Down ramp missing lift pin - ordered

Flippers all need to be rebuilt and have correct coils installed.

I will check and replace every other coil/sleeve.

Driver board needs to be repinned.

Sound is not working. It looks like both caps are swollen. I have parts back in Ohio.

DMD has a bad bottom row and the last 2 right columns are out. No big deal I have a good spare and this will become my tester.

IMG_0436 (resized).JPG

IMG_0440 (resized).JPG

#5623 2 years ago

Can someone take a photo of their playfield lifted on the pivots? For whatever reason my playfield will not engage properly and I am wondering if my playfield slides and latches are broken or bent.

#5625 2 years ago

I will take some photos later, but I am not sure they are cracked. Hopefully the previous owner put the playfield in incorrectly and I just need some guidance as to the correct way to put it back in. Photos however of the correct installation would be helpful.

#5628 2 years ago

LOL it does sit fine at rest, but when I pull it forward it wont engage in to the pivot bolts and I can't lift it up all the way.

#5631 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I too am very interested to see this. Personally, mine will slide all the way forward, but it does not "click". I have to manually and carefully lift it up and jog it back and forth until I can get it fully upright. If someone could shoot a video of their Getaway or similar pin focusing on the internal mechanism it would be a huge help. I've seen generic videos, but nothing close up on the mechanism so you can see exactly what is occurring.
I think all of the mechs are on mine: springs, clips, cabinet lugs, playfield brackets, etc., but just don't know what I am missing since I don't know how it is all supposed to work together.

Ditto!

#5636 2 years ago

Yeah mine must be bent to sh*t as the ground braid at the pivot nuts is just completely worn through and the cabinet is really chewed up there. Maybe I will replace them or just deal with it as is.

#5644 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Just received it and ready for paint

Awesome. Can this be pre-ordered?

#5648 2 years ago

From a $700 decapitated wreck on a garage floor, reimported from Germany in unknown condition to fully functional in 1 week.

Beyond needing every wire soldered back together I had to rebuild the driver board with new Bridge at BR3 and caps as well as GI headers. New GI molex connectors. New HV caps on DMD driver. New caps on sound board (since replaced with PinSound). New rubbers everywhere. 2 broken plastics on the way from the land down under. Rebuilt all 3 flippers with new coils.

Still running L1 rom. I will patch L2 for the LED ghosting fix and then burn that at some point today.

Playfield needs some love in a few spots where prior idiots drove screws through. Needs some Cliffys.

I was working through LED change out for GI, Inserts and Flashers and ran out of 555 bulbs for all of the inserts. More on the way from Comet.

The playfield slide lock mechanisms look like they are intact and seemingly springy but they just won't engage. I am over it though and playing the crap out of it in the garage.

IMG_0554 (resized).JPG

#5652 2 years ago

So my kickback seems to deliver the ball in varying places. I noticed the metal guide is missing a tiny screw. Anyone know what size that is off hand?

#5654 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW, you really know what your doing with electronics. Super job.

Uhmmm... yeah. Something like that!

#5673 2 years ago

From decapitated to great. Pinsound board is in. Stereo rewire done. New Parts express 6'1/2" cabinet speaker installed. Comet leds throughout. Added some comet post lighting to the gauges on the slings last night as some others have done. The game really is quite fun and the actual ZZ Top music makes it that much better!

I have it on 5 ball ATM. Most of my games are but mainly because my 4 year old is less frustrated with a longer game. (Also because I suck...)

IMG_0619 (resized).JPG

IMG_0626 (resized).JPG

IMG_0627 (resized).JPG

#5677 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

First round of painting. The snow capped mountains are taped off and are white.

Awesome! Any idea on approximate cost? I want to order a few of your other mods, but I am waiting on this to combine shipping.

#5684 2 years ago

I think the best thing that happened to the game was to get the brand new right number coils, sleeves, switches, springs and stop.

The game is so fast!

Pinsound Mix was provided by pinside jamescardona. I bought the ZZ Top greatest hits to have access to the music though.

The little 6'1/2" Dayton speaker from parts express sounds great with the pinsound board. Nearly as good as my flipper fidelity setups on other machines and a fraction of the cost.

IMG_0629 (resized).JPG

#5696 2 years ago

$21 parts express Dayton 6'1/2" woofer.

Sounds nearly as good as my flipper fidelity sub.

IMG_0632 (resized).JPG
Original blown speaker.
IMG_0634 (resized).JPG
New.

#5701 2 years ago

A little PinSound action.

Couldn't play and film so not too much but you get the idea.

#5734 2 years ago

Well I am getting progressively better! I am not a great player but I have fun.

IMG_0662 (resized).JPG

IMG_0663 (resized).JPG

IMG_0664 (resized).JPG

#5736 2 years ago

Does anyone know what post I need that holds the super charger ramp down at the 3 stand up targets in front of the pops? Mine is broken and the super charger has nothing to hold down to.

Perhaps it is this? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4424-1

Thanks.

#5740 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Would you be willing to record a PSREC file of a full game for me? I can PM you and explain how to if needed. I had a board issue and am awaiting my new one for probably another week or so. I would like to work some more on my orchestration, but the PSREC I have now is very short and not quote right (may have come from a VPIN or something).

I believe I know how to do it I just need to modify the config file on the USB.

Do you want to go through the game manually and work through everything?

#5742 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, I don't want to put you out, but that would be awesome. Also, I would still want a normal game play too just so that I can get a sense of real game play timings. Whatever you are willing to do would be greatly appreciated.

Yep... asking a guy to play pinball, really putting me out. LOL. Check your PM PSREC sent for a complete run through of the game.

#5744 2 years ago

It was a mix of both, I went through all the modes by hand then played a few balls regularly

#5746 2 years ago

I can always go play so more regularly if you want, but my game play is erratic at best.

#5751 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

FYI, you will not find the post you need as it does not exist anywhere (I had same issue a few months back). A simple solution offered here in the forum was to just go with a standard post that has a female threaded top. This is what I did, and it works great. Instead of using a nut you just use a screw to secure the ramp support.

Brilliant, any idea what the post # or a link to the part is?

#5753 2 years ago

The one for the support post of the supercharger is what I need. Apparently the post was used on this game only and just does not exist.

#5765 2 years ago

Well I will need to play some more as my high scores are gone after burning a patched L-2 rom. Oh well it gives me something to work toward! From what I understand the general consensus is that L-2 is the preferred rom over L-5. If I am wrong let me know and I will patch and burn another one.

#5773 2 years ago

I beat it going 2nd gear for the first and only time thus far last night after 5 beers! Only had the game for 2 weeks though.

#5844 2 years ago

Man I wasn't born until 81...

1 week later
#5901 2 years ago

Nice work. I can't wait to give it a try!

#5957 2 years ago

Mine is back together now too. I wired up some IKEA dioder led lights to the 12v at the coin door today.

IMG_1415 (resized).JPG

#5959 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks great. Now to top it off you need my red leg lights.

That is like a gateway drug, leg lights on one = leg lights on 10!!! Must save money, second child is due in the next few weeks!

#5960 2 years ago

Anyone with a Pinsound board want give a Fast and the Furious mix a go? It is probably really rough. I have only worked on it using Pinsound Studio and a PSREC file. I have yet to put it in my own game.

It is not done but feel free to check it out and provide feedback.

Updated to V1.5
More Music from the films and more Call Outs
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9i86bihyq2ghoh/Getaway_HS2_Fast_and_Furious_V1.5_BOS98.zip?dl=0

#5967 2 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Spot paint it black and put the face of a real gauge in its place.
You could even light it up.
Just a thought

I contemplated putting some old AutoMeter gauges I have floating around here somewhere in to the machine, but I rather not deal with the desire that would arise to make them functional.

#5973 2 years ago

Fast and The Furious Getaway Pinsound Mix version 1.5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9i86bihyq2ghoh/Getaway_HS2_Fast_and_Furious_V1.5_BOS98.zip?dl=0

All of the music has been replaced and most of the call outs have been done.

Here is some terrible game play video.

#5984 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Cool concept. I don't really follow the F&F franchise, but I can appreciate your idea and execution. Even so, I'll download it and give it a try sometime in the next few days (I have so many projects going on right now). I like how PinSound inspires creativity and different ideas for interactive game play. When you get it how you want it be sure to post your orchestration on the PinSound Community forums for others to share (assuming you want to).

When it is done. I played a few games last night and noticed a few timing issues and some audio level issues.

#5996 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Well, Mezel makes some cools stuff, but I get the feeling that the price point will be fairly high due to the manual labor required to produce this. While I'm not a mountain mod fan myself, my suggestion would be for them to offer a fully finished version and a raw version for DIYers to paint themselves to their liking. Obviously, however, I have no say or influence on the matter.

Agreed. A cheaper unfinished version for the DIY guy who doesn't want to make a mold, but is ok with a paint job.

#6021 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeewiz13:

Does anyone have the sound Rom they can share? I can't seem to find it online.

Sent you a PM RE: Sound Rom file

#6038 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Even though I am not a F&F fan, this is pretty cool. I really like the coice call outs, and they sound so much better than the originals.

Most up to date for now. I got busy and couldn't give it more than the few hours I put in to it thus far. I would love to get some more call outs in the game, especially from The Rock and more Tyrese and Ludacris as they are pretty funny.

Prior to these films coming out I worked doing tech installs at an import car shop. These movies were amazing for business.

I still own this 19 years later.

IMG_1005 (resized).JPG

IMG_9737 (resized).JPG

#6060 2 years ago

So I did a top side tear down today to replace the post that holds the front super charger rack in place which worked perfectly. Thanks for that.

I also put in a set of Cliffy protectors.

The tunnel protector works great. No issues.

Unfortunately I also go the shooter lane protector and with it installed the game can't kick a ball out of the trough. I have tried adjusting everything including a new coil and sleeve and nothing I change helps get the ball over the protector. The moment I remove the protector all is right in the world of The Getaway again.

I am wondering if the lockout arm is worn down just enough that it can't get the ball to clear.

#6120 2 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

We've made a couple of adjustments and are putting this on the market today. The photos have not been updated yet as the new model has not been painted yet. The only change to the model is it better covers the opto. No changes to the thickness.
Here is what you can expect with purchase:
-replacement mountain supercharger plastic (1674-9) and rectangular wire ramp plastic (31-1674A-1) both in clear plastic
-tunnel illumination with GI socket connection
-mountain
The production will occur in batches of 20 with each batch taking approximately 2 weeks https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002343623-Getaway-Mountain-Production-and-Shipping-Schedule
Orders will be processed in order that they are received. I'll try to notify customers of the batch. tmezel can answer all the rest of the questions

Anticipated price?

#6126 2 years ago

I took the plunge on the Mezel mountain mod. I will post pics once I get it and then get it installed.

#6159 2 years ago

Got my magnet apron and donut heaven decal. And since we are talking about flipper rubber color, I went with translucent orange.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#6165 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Hide those wires from the Donut Shop, they go behind.

They have been like that since I rescued the game. Can you shoot me a photo of how the wires should be routed?

#6169 2 years ago

Finally got around to rebuilding the pops. 2 down, 1 to go. While I have it opened I will relocate those donut heaven wires if someone can shoot me a photo of how they should be routed.

#6171 2 years ago

Perfect. Thanks!

#6173 2 years ago

I trimmed around the holes. I plan on adding a flashing led strip under the roof so the light will come out the front

#6175 2 years ago

Ahhh nothing better than freshly rebuilt pop bumpers. All 3 of my wafers were cracked and the ball couldn't trigger them any more.

#6178 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Why is your DH logo missing the white striking (kind of all blends into the roof)?
Would't you prefer a Mr_Tantrum original? Can make your own (http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball) or pay me the big bucks to make one for you.
(Nothing but shameless plugs in this forum anymore, can't believe I still hang out here!)

No clue. It is the latest run from Lermods.

#6181 2 years ago
Quoted from slcpinball:

So, I just rebuilt the auto fire assembly and the ball still has trouble making the loop to the upper flipper.
Has anyone else experienced/fixed this issue?

Did you replace the actual plunger that fires through the coil?

Mine was so worn down that even after replacing the coil and sleeve it still wouldn't make it all the way around. I had to replace the plunger and then it was was perfect.

2 weeks later
#6236 2 years ago

I got the mountain mod from Mezel installed today. All in all straight forward. I had to make a slight modification as one of the screw holes in the large clear plastic was off a bit. No big deal, I drilled another hole.

I didn't need to pull a socket from below the playfield as indicated in the instructions. I did however decide to remove the supercharger to make installation as easy as possible and to ensure I wouldn't damage the mountain.

Considering how easy it is to pull the entire supercharger I would suggest that approach.

IMG_3104 (resized).JPG

IMG_3106 (resized).JPG

IMG_3105 (resized).JPG

IMG_3107 (resized).JPG

IMG_3108 (resized).JPG

IMG_3109 (resized).JPG

#6241 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Send kristin@mezelmods.com a note and she will get you a replacement plastic.

Thanks. Could she send one that has no holes just to make sure my game is just an anomaly?

1 week later
#6324 2 years ago

This one is mine. Hate to sell it but space and other obligations are a priority.

#6330 2 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Hey guys I've owned quite a few WPCs, but I've never run across this, my HS2 has some sound issues. Callouts and music are still there however sound is low fi digital sounding almost like an Atari. I've never had to rebuild a sound board. Anybody ran across this with not only a HS2 buy any WPC?

Ram on soundboard maybe?

Replace the caps because it is easy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bos98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside