• L3 8 votes
    3%
  • L5 91 votes
    34%
  • P7 7 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 267 votes by 266 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,985 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

InkedIMG_7682_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_2576.JPG
IMG_2577.JPG
2A9415BF-BFC8-4653-9297-25CAFA99EE59 (resized).jpeg
A52C5077-FFD8-4652-80E8-E51718B36F66 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2565 (resized).JPG
FreewayEntrance (resized).jpg
IMG_2561.JPG
IMG_0390 copy (resized).jpg
5F1DDBAC-D8F0-479C-9366-78445A5EE615.jpeg
IMG_7623 (resized).JPG
IMG_7625 (resized).JPG
a9688b1d3cf665ea9788ca9c41a8783c07b3844f (resized).jpg
04216fb34f124bcead791657e23a641c48d2ce54 (resized).jpg
lower pf black (resized).jpg
IMG_7580 (resized).JPG

There are 9739 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 195.
#2251 3 years ago

I found one:

image_(resized).png

#2252 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not sure what a real Lambo shifter would cost me, but I can't imagine it is cheap.

Nevermind, answered my own question.

Capture_(resized).PNG

#2253 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

btw, how do you get La Grange out of your head for at least 24 hours after playing this pin?

I get multi ball while playing my nascar...

#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Probably 2 kinds of opinions here: 1) the purist and 2) the modder. Personally, I plan on enjoying my machine for years, and I want to put my own creative touches on it to make it unique as long as game play is not adversely impacted. If you are looking at the machine as an investment and plan to own it for a relatively short time then I would say keep it original along with any restorations being accurate to how the machine came. If you are like me, and plan to put it in your game room for years to come (maybe forever), then customize it, enjoy the projects while learning more about the machine, and have fun playing regardless of what anyone else may think about it. Just my 2 cents.

I have had this pin for 13 years and I fall in the middle, I want it to be more of a stock look but yet have mods, a sleeper if you will. If you're in this hobby to make money, you need a new hobby.

Having said that, I do think about the day when I may have to move on from my Getaway and the new GB is making me think it's time to sell, I think if you own it you do as you please but someday it may be time to move on and mods are very subjective. A tasteful mod, improvements and the like should help but others may not... bottom line, your money, your pin your choice.

#2255 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

And guys, I feel like at times, I'm posting too much in the thread. Just excited and love sharing with people who share a similar interest. Once the game is back together and I'm playing it, I'll be too busy to post, I promise.

The only issue I have with your posts is that my time/money budget for my own Getaway shop out has gone up quite a bit. I was considering doing all the star post lights but didn't think I would until I saw yours. Now I have to do it. Thanks a lot!

#2256 3 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

The only issue I have with your posts is that my time/money budget for my own Getaway shop out has gone up quite a bit. I was considering doing all the star post lights but didn't think I would until I saw yours. Now I have to do it. Thanks a lot!

Ha! Well you are very welcome then!

Just wait till all the chromed parts get put on and then the new decals on the cabinet. Can't wait!!!

#2257 3 years ago

I think something is wrong here. I had a good game, but I really don't know what I am doing yet. This score from an actual game I played with 5 balls and no cheating (I call it cheating since we still are working on the machine and often play with glass off where we have a tendency to catch the ball and extend play). The only think I know is that I had one sequence where I hit the super charger ramp like 10 times in a row, but it doesn't make sense that it produced a score in the billions, or does it? I don't know what a good score is on this game as I have only had it for a week and really don't have a point of reference. Most of my games are around 50 million or less, so I assume this is some sort of bug. I am running L1 firmware with L2 on ordered and on the way.

IMG_0032_(resized).JPG

#2258 3 years ago

#2259 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

No trolling at all. Just my personal opinion on how that shifter mod looks
now, if you had a Hurst shifter ball on there I'd be loving it.

I think the Hurst T handle or maybe a Velvet T would be better then the ball. I've had both on the Mustang over the years.

#2260 3 years ago
Quoted from Wescobar:

Now Grinder is spending your money like I was spending his.

#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I have had this pin for 13 years and I fall in the middle, I want it to be more of a stock look but yet have mods, a sleeper if you will. If you're in this hobby to make money, you need a new hobby.
Having said that, I do think about the day when I may have to move on from my Getaway and the new GB is making me think it's time to sell, I think if you own it you do as you please but someday it may be time to move on and mods are very subjective. A tasteful mod, improvements and the like should help but others may not... bottom line, your money, your pin your choice.

Well my Leg Light-Up are removable, just ask Grinder.

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yea I highly recommend them

#2263 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I think something is wrong here. I had a good game, but I really don't know what I am doing yet. This score from an actual game I played with 5 balls and no cheating (I call it cheating since we still are working on the machine and often play with glass off where we have a tendency to catch the ball and extend play). The only think I know is that I had one sequence where I hit the super charger ramp like 10 times in a row, but it doesn't make sense that it produced a score in the billions, or does it? I don't know what a good score is on this game as I have only had it for a week and really don't have a point of reference. Most of my games are around 50 million or less, so I assume this is some sort of bug. I am running L1 firmware with L2 on ordered and on the way.

IMG_0032_(resized).JPG

That's crazy. You would have to hit a bunch of super jackpots and beat the game many times for that kind of score. When I was running the L5 rom, I had some billion scores that were not legit. For some reason the game would jump up 200 or 300 million points. The busted opto on the supercharger entrance ramp had something to do with it. Once fixed that problem went away.

#2264 3 years ago

I've found a shifter knob that i think will fit in well with some of the other parts i've got on my machine, i'll post more after i've ordered and received it. I took my original off to have a good look at it and i reckon i can make up a new shaft with very little effort from either stainless or chrome rod. There's no need to hack off the original IMHO, just have another shaft and then swap it over to whatever style knob you want to use. If anyone is a bit on the interested side as regards changing their own machine shifter over to an LED Knob style then i can probably supply the shaft and would only need to know the screw size for the knob. Let me get mine sorted first and then if there's any interest i'll give out more details
You know, this is partly your fault Grinder

#2265 3 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

I've found a shifter knob that i think will fit in well with some of the other parts i've got on my machine, i'll post more after i've ordered and received it. I took my original off to have a good luck at it and i reckon i can make up a new shaft with very little effort from either stainless or chrome rod. There's no need to hack off the original IMHO, just have another shaft and then swap it over to whatever style knob you want to use. If anyone is a bit on the interested side as regards changing their own machine shifter over to an LED Knob style then i can probably supply the shaft and would only need to know the screw size for the knob. Let me get mine sorted first and then if there's any interest i'll give out more details
You know, this is partly your fault Grinder

Sounds good man and yes I take full responsibility. I infected many IM owners with my mod addiction in that thread as well.

Oh and I'm down for a chrome red

#2266 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Thank you - if you're referring to the dot us link I provided, that was by someone else. It is a bevy of great info, so I definitely wanted to share it with everyone. I appreciate it. One thing though - DO NOT go with the translite speakers in those photos. They put out WAY more bass then you'll want. I have since installed other speakers:
3.5" : http://www.parts-express.com/pyle-wave-plx32-3-1-2-coaxial-speaker-pair--267-770
5.25" : http://www.parts-express.com/pyle-pl53bl-blue-label-5-1-4-triaxial-speaker-pair--267-080
Those work GREAT. They each have tweeters, so your trebles (voice call outs) won't be drowned out by bass. This was mainly the case on BSD. Since these speakers come in pairs, I just swapped them out on HS2 as well. The price difference was staggering - nearly $90 less than the Daytons and these sound WAY better.
The cabinet speaker I installed earlier is still a great buy; I did NOT change that out.
Hope that clears up any confusion.
Speakers017.jpg

Did you just do a one-for-one replacement of the 3 speakers, or did you also add in a crossover & L-Pad? Also, I noticed your large speaker has a low frequency response of 125 Hz (which is pretty high). Why did you choose this over a lower base woofer that has a sub 35 Hz frequency response on the low side?

#2267 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

lol, Stangl! The funny thing is, I keep flip flopping about listing my pin because the GB is looking awesome and I'm not sure I can afford it without selling a pin but every time I start to post pics it makes me realize that my Getaway is pretty darn sweet, ugh!

Titan_flipper_shot_(resized).jpg

Titan_upper_PF_(resized).jpg

Upper_PF_(resized).jpg

Mars_Lamp_(resized).jpg

Side_good_2_(resized).jpg

#2268 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced the incandescent bulb in the flash/mars/beacon lamp (that red police light on the top of the back box) with an led one? If so, which bulb did you use and how do you like it?

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Has anyone replaced the incandescent bulb in the flash lamp with an led one? If so, which bulb did you use and how do you like it?

EDIT: there is no LED I can find for the Mars lamp.

All of them and I love the look!

906 in backbox

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm

assorted colors 8 smd 90% of table

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdg18tower.htm

13 smd 10% of table

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/13smdg18tower.htm

LED_Back_Box_(resized).jpg

#2270 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

EDIT: there is no LED I can find for the Mars lamp.
All of them and I love the look!
906 in backbox
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflash.htm
assorted colors 8 smd 90% of table
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdg18tower.htm
13 smd 10% of table
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/13smdg18tower.htm
LED_Back_Box_(resized).jpg

Do you have original translight? If so, can you post pick with it on?

#2271 3 years ago

Pics above...

#2272 3 years ago

Hello,
I put following led light in Mars beacon from Superbrightleds.com about a year ago. It is plenty bright enough. 1156 LED Bulb w/ Stock Cover - 1 High Power LED - BA15S Retrofit - 1156 Red $10.95

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/1156-led-bulb-w-stock-cover-1-high-power-led-ba15s-retrofit-car/1091/2591/

Looking at Superbrightleds sight the one above has been discontinued. It's replacement link follows. Looks even brighter. Cost $14.95

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/1156-led-bulb-w-stock-cover-36-smd-led-tower-ba15s-retrofit-car/1686/3949/

#2273 3 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Hello,
I put following led light in Mars beacon from Superbrightleds.com about a year ago. It is plenty bright enough. 1156 LED Bulb w/ Stock Cover - 1 High Power LED - BA15S Retrofit - 1156 Red
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/1156-led-bulb-w-stock-cover-1-high-power-led-ba15s-retrofit-car/1091/2591/

I saw the automotive options but never tried it, if it works it's, and I don't know why it wouldn't, it's an option to consider. Thank you

#2274 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Damnit, what did you do?

Hey John,

I tried sending you a PM. Can you make me some more circle magnet protectors? I need some in yellow please.

#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Has anyone replaced the incandescent bulb in the flash/mars/beacon lamp

I have put a red 13 smd tower led in mine.

#2276 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

lol, Stangl! The funny thing is, I keep flip flopping about listing my pin because the GB is looking awesome and I'm not sure I can afford it without selling a pin but every time I start to post pics it makes me realize that my Getaway is pretty darn sweet, ugh!

Titan_flipper_shot_(resized).jpgTitan_upper_PF_(resized).jpgUpper_PF_(resized).jpgMars_Lamp_(resized).jpgSide_good_2_(resized).jpg

Yours looks soooo nice that I think you'd be kicking yourself if you sold it. I'd find another way of financing the GB pin. Sell your blood plasma???

#2277 3 years ago

Doh! Sorry, wasn't paying attention that those were your pics.

#2278 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I have put a red 13 smd tower led in mine.

Pics and/or video to show it off?

#2279 3 years ago

Check out The DYI guide to converting your F-14 beacon to leds.

#2280 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Your apron is a huge improvement.
Two lithium batteries sit stacked on each other to power the shift knob mod. I'll see about taking the knob apart tomorrow for you.

Got my replacement shift know and key starter installed today. Adds a touch of color and fun, and my son loves it. BTW, getting the old knob off was not nearly as easy as you made it sound (and you didn't sugarcoat it!)

FYI, upon arrival the batteries in my know were dead. Luckily, I have thicker CR2032's all over the place for my cycling stuff and these work great one battery at a time. They are 3V each, so may not last as long as double stacked of the thinner ones, but we'll see how it goes.

#2281 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Got my replacement shift know and key starter installed today. Adds a touch of color and fun, and my son loves it. BTW, getting the old knob off was not nearly as easy as you made it sound (and you didn't sugarcoat it!)
FYI, upon arrival the batteries in my know were dead. Luckily, I have thicker CR2032's all over the place for my cycling stuff and these work great one battery at a time. They are 3V each, so may not last as long as double stacked of the thinner ones, but we'll see how it goes.

Whats a shift know?

#2282 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yours looks soooo nice that I think you'd be kicking yourself if you sold it. I'd find another way of financing the GB pin. Sell your blood plasma???

lol! I have an option of buying a CFTBL that needs work and is a half the price of a Pro GB... but that GB looks awesome. I'll hold off until I can play it before I decide; however, I think you're right Stang, I don't know if I could/should part with the Getaway.

#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I don't know if I could/should part with the Getaway.

It's a keeper in my collection BUT having said that i always thought i'd never let go of my STTNG, loved that game even if it was a difficult machine to play and could be a right pain in the arse if it was playing up technically. It went out the door for a nice price and i never thought twice after it went either (which surprised me to be honest).

#2284 3 years ago

Hey guys, what are these five plastics for? They came with the new plastic set I bought:

image_(resized).jpeg

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hey guys, what are these five plastics for? They came with the new plastic set I bought:

image_(resized).jpeg

They're for the table top display.

#2286 3 years ago

Here's mine:

image.jpeg

#2287 3 years ago

Finished my shop job on my Getaway. Game plays so much better now that I can see what I'm shooting for. I can't believe how addictive this game is. I didn't go overboard with the mods but did do some comet strips and pop lights. Before and after pics.

20160410_201923_(resized).jpg
20160424_190020_(resized).jpg
20160424_190026_(resized).jpg

#2288 3 years ago

Even though you're done w/ the shop job, I have a cheap/easy mod you'll like:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-the-getaway-stoplight-mod

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Finished my shop job on my Getaway. Game plays so much better now that I can see what I'm shooting for. I can't believe how addictive this game is. I didn't go overboard with the mods but did do some comet strips and pop lights. Before and after pics.
20160410_201923_(resized).jpg
20160424_190020_(resized).jpg
20160424_190026_(resized).jpg

That's soooo much better. If ya have any led strips left that center drain needs some light too. The lit gauges looks great too.

#2291 3 years ago

I want one for my Getaway so bad but just cant. Theyare just too expensive to buy and ship here to Canada.

#2292 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Pushing for a sale again. Lol. I'll think about it.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's soooo much better. If ya have any led strips left that center drain needs some light too. The lit gauges looks great too.

Thanks. I have some 3's left. I could add there I suppose.

More then likely along with one for my Metallica

#2293 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I may be the oddball here but I like the color light bleed in my stop light... wierd, huh?

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Thanks. I have some 3's left. I could add there I suppose.

May take more then 1-3 led, I have 7 leds and they work great.

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

May take more then 1-3 led, I have 7 leds and they work great.

Yeah thats what I figured. I used my last 7 under the super charger.

#2296 3 years ago

Has anyone personally performed paint repairs on their play area? There is some regular wear and tear on my newly acquired machine, but there are also some very bad/noticeable paint chips around the flipper area. I've searched around and also been given some good advice on how to treat the area to prevent further damage, but I possibly wanted to actually "repair" the area (i.e. paint it as close to original as possible). Not really sure where to start, what kind of paint to use, best colors to use, etc. Any first had experience/advice with photos of results is greatly appreciated.

playfield_(resized).jpg

#2297 3 years ago

Does anyone have a fully intact one of these they are willing to part with?

P.S. Thanks for the pic, Grinder (I hope you don't mind).

ramp_(resized).jpg

#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Has anyone personally performed paint repairs on their play area? There is some regular wear and tear on my newly acquired machine, but there are also some very bad/noticeable paint chips around the flipper area. I've searched around and also been given some good advice on how to treat the area to prevent further damage, but I possibly wanted to actually "repair" the area (i.e. paint it as close to original as possible). Not really sure where to start, what kind of paint to use, best colors to use, etc. Any first had experience/advice with photos of results is greatly appreciated.

I haven't myself but i would advise getting someone who is well practiced in colour matching to do it. To touch up around the area in the pic is 3 different colours. On top of that, just painting that spot won't last long very long in such a high traffic ball area, it would need some sort of clear coat to seal it. For the plastic piece you are asking about, there is a metal version you can buy which in my opinion is a better way to go (you really don't see much of that part anyway once the front plastic is attached). Check out Pinbits, i think they still sell them.

#2299 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

playfield_(resized).jpg

I have in the outhole area but I would refer you to this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration

I used good a brush with good acrylic paints, clear coat, wax and them mylar.... I know it's not perfect but it's pretty darn good (IMHO) and will not wear out this time!

Outhole_1_(resized).jpg

PF_Wear_(resized).jpg

#2300 3 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

I have in the outhole area but I would refer you to this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration
I used good a brush with good acrylic paints, clear coat, wax and them mylar.... I know it's not perfect but it's pretty darn good (IMHO) and will not wear out this time!
Outhole_1_(resized).jpg
PF_Wear_(resized).jpg

Wow, that thread has some detailed restoration techniques. I was hoping to maybe plop down some black paint and call it a day (i.e. just looking for a temporary "fix" to color the bare wood). If I were to follow your model and use a high quality acrylic paint applied with a brush, what clear coat did you use and how did you apply it (brush, spray, other)?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 9739 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 195.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside