20240228_125256 (resized).jpg
right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 61.
#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Good to know i wasn't the only one.
From what I've gathered - FAST found a solution to this and it will now be implemented in the next .88 code update (someone correct me if i'm wrong with that...). I also read somewhere in the forum over the past week that there will be a more robust ball search feature added too. So, it sounds like both those issues you're experiencing should be addressed in the next code release.

Nice if this turns out to be the remedy.
Im beyond words of the service and effort the team behind this kit puts into this. I cant wait to see where the future firmware updates takes this as the kit is already pretty dope! Bigger companies should take note. Im looking at you Gary Stern

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from svendmute:

Nice if this turns out to be the remedy.
Im beyond words of the service and effort the team behind this kit puts into this. I cant wait to see where the future firmware updates takes this as the kit is already pretty dope! Bigger companies should take note. Im looking at you Gary Stern

We read every post, not always respond to every post … yes we do have a life outside pinball

but thank you! Hope everybody having a blast with Rudy . We keep working hard behind the scenes to make the game even better . Please keep sharing all the things that you find good or not good.

Thank you all

#1453 2 years ago

Im on the Team Autolauncher, to get this concept off the ground.

Can this be coded to the knocker solenoid and just add a knocker sound byte?

If doesnt have to function in FH 1.0 at all.

I have no problem buying parts and experimenting on my game.

This is an important feature.

#1454 2 years ago

I'm not interested in cannibalizing my particular game... :/ I suppose you could do 2 code paths (one for auto launcher, one without - or maybe that's not even necessary with the shooter lane switch.

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im on the Team Autolauncher, to get this concept off the ground.
Can this be coded to the knocker solenoid and just add a knocker sound byte?
If doesnt have to function in FH 1.0 at all.
I have no problem buying parts and experimenting on my game.
This is an important feature.

Yes you could use the knocker wiring as auto launch it’s not IF but WHEN kind of situation . For us coding a good game is more then auto launch. And I understand many people will see it as a better implementation for the 2.0 game but we first want a steady game then we go code a auto launch feature. And I understand also that some people don’t want to make extra holes etc in playfields. But for now let’s continue getting kits to the people and enjoy it as it is. We will get there just takes time

#1456 2 years ago

I've really been enjoying the plunge feature to be honest. I understand the logic behind an autoplunger, but manually doing it forces my hands off the flipper buttons and challenges me. The ball does get lost in the launch lane at times, and unfamiliar players can neglect to see that, however, a lock feature during multiball that forces the plunge could work in conjunction to bonus/penalty points for appropriately keeping up on plunger your balls

#1457 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not interested in cannibalizing my particular game... :/ I suppose you could do 2 code paths (one for auto launcher, one without - or maybe that's not even necessary with the shooter lane switch.

Adding the autolauncher will not move or change any aspect of an original game.

It's simply added ahead of the normal ball launch mech and attached with 4 screws.
The new assembly already has a switch in it, so just remove the bracket and wire it to the autolaunch mech.

As stated before, its a tight fit but there is plenty of room.

Just wire the solenoid to the knocker circuit.

#1458 2 years ago

When does the shaker motor get used during gameplay?
Also does it look like I installed it correctly?

423CC946-2E11-40FA-9904-25CBBC01BAD3 (resized).jpeg423CC946-2E11-40FA-9904-25CBBC01BAD3 (resized).jpegF6DD1AB9-F0C1-4F1B-A6AB-ACBAA2857730 (resized).jpegF6DD1AB9-F0C1-4F1B-A6AB-ACBAA2857730 (resized).jpeg
#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

I've really been enjoying the plunge feature to be honest. I understand the logic behind an autoplunger, but manually doing it forces my hands off the flipper buttons and challenges me. The ball does get lost in the launch lane at times, and unfamiliar players can neglect to see that, however, a lock feature during multiball that forces the plunge could work in conjunction to bonus/penalty points for appropriately keeping up on plunger your balls

Its not just the multiball problems that can be corrected with the autolauncher.

The ball save (that people really like) can be addressed for a more seamless game.

#1460 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

[quoted image][quoted image]

No check, move to ext 1
4DD8B2CD-F6AC-476B-9E8B-C3F41440EE64 (resized).jpeg4DD8B2CD-F6AC-476B-9E8B-C3F41440EE64 (resized).jpegFFDE961A-39E9-4931-A981-B4D378D25635 (resized).jpegFFDE961A-39E9-4931-A981-B4D378D25635 (resized).jpeg

#1461 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

[quoted image][quoted image]

The pinsound diagnostic text file on the usb stick will tell you if the game can see the shaker.
If its installed correctly.

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

No check[quoted image][quoted image]

That was FAST! Great call on this!

Cable should be moved from EXT3 to the first pinsound extension socket, EXT1.

As stated above lol.

Now, back to my autolauncher dreams....

#1463 2 years ago

Seriously if your lurking in this thread,still trying to decide to buy this,
Hurry up and buy it !!!!
It’s way more amazing then what I’m even reading in the good reviews.
We’ve had a funhouse in the family for over 25 years now.
It’s definitely weird not hearing the same sounds impended into my brain all these years,after making certain shots.
Honestly can’t smiling and enjoying all the new sounds and callouts.

And it seems like most of the issues the kit is having are just owners human errors.
Nothing ever to hard to get the game up and running.

Here’s to another 25 years of Rudy living with us!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1464 2 years ago

What I would like to see someone make - or pdf template is a set of instruction cards. Left side: 1.0 Right side 2.0

I really haven't got too far into it yet...I apparently suck at this game these days.

#1465 2 years ago

Instruction cards will be online upcoming week free to download.

#1466 2 years ago

I think I found a bug?
My step gate is closed before hitting switch in ramp. It seems to close touching playfield switch.
Code 0.87

Also it makes more sense to always clear HS tag when enter new HS.
0.87 holds the latest.

#1467 2 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

I think I found a bug?
My step gate is closed before hitting switch in ramp. It seems to close touching playfield switch.
Code 0.87
Also it makes more sense to always clear HS tag when enter new HS.
0.87 holds the latest.

Please see the sticky / post #1116 Then go into 2.0 switch test and test all of your switches to make sure they are registering correctly and that only the specific switch tested is showing up on the screen. It sounds like your machine might have incorrect wiring. Don't worry, you are not alone.

#1468 2 years ago

So, what's everyone's favorite mode(s) so far and did anyone get their own G.C. score yet?

Mine is a tie between Nightmare Multiball / Rudy and the MONKISS; and yes.

The big potential points in Nightmare gets my heart racing and the 'who cares' feeling in RATM is refreshing

#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

I think these are my favorites too. Still feel like the Nightmare jackpots might be unbalanced - you can rack up a huge score in that mode that nothing else in the game comes close to atm - but I do like the big points. My best so far is 81 million - I think with those jackpots we'll see scores many times higher than that shortly. I like the rollercoaster now, too. It's something to shoot for later in the game that's kind of different.

My least favorite is the balloon one, probably because I've never gotten a balloon. I'd like Duck Hunt better if it wasn't (usually) first every time. Some of the modes are naturally going to blend together because you're always trying to keep up with the clock and hitting the modes. Hot Dog Combat always gets eclipsed by Rudy and the Monkiezz for me.

I've noticed that modes that are timed don't time out when you stack a multiball mode on top of them. So Duck Hunt won't time out during Evil Clones, for example.

#1470 2 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I've noticed that modes that are timed don't time out when you stack a multiball mode on top of them. So Duck Hunt won't time out during Evil Clones, for example.

That's because certain shots extend the clock from what I've seen but I don't think there are any callouts regarding it.

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from canea:

I think these are my favorites too. Still feel like the Nightmare jackpots might be unbalanced - you can rack up a huge score in that mode that nothing else in the game comes close to atm - but I do like the big points. My best so far is 81 million - I think with those jackpots we'll see scores many times higher than that shortly. I like the rollercoaster now, too. It's something to shoot for later in the game that's kind of different.
My least favorite is the balloon one, probably because I've never gotten a balloon. I'd like Duck Hunt better if it wasn't (usually) first every time. Some of the modes are naturally going to blend together because you're always trying to keep up with the clock and hitting the modes. Hot Dog Combat always gets eclipsed by Rudy and the Monkiezz for me.

Amazing insight. Kuddos/seriously. Congrats to your 81-mill and that's some serious flipping skills. Apparently you have played 2.0 a TON to be able to understand and appreciate all of this.

You are right. The timed modes purposefully don't timeout when you start a multiball mode. That is because (worst case scenario) if you drain a ball during a multiball mode, you still have that previously 'stacked' mode running (timed) in the background when you get back to it; for the chance for you to stack/start another multiball mode next if you have enough minutes collected and get some more big points.

#1472 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

FAST hardware. I guess the name "SLOW" was already trademarked or registered. The boot process is very slow, same in the game.

Cute

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1473 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Cute
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I bother
I know there are more graphics and sounds to load and I am not a electronics guy. But it is strange that the Sys11 CPU boots a whole game within seconds incl. a fast diagnostic check and *all* the new systems needs minutes to boot.
For the boot process this is okay, but please try and let in a multiball all balls go out while ballsave is active. It takes too long to bring the balls back to the game.
I am sure this is related to the CPU.

However .. as far as we have a "ZERO" in front of the version number there is hope

#1474 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I bother
I know there are more graphics and sounds to load and I am not a electronics guy. But it is strange that the Sys11 CPU boots a whole game within seconds incl. a fast diagnostic check and *all* the new systems needs minutes to boot.
For the boot process this is okay, but please try and let in a multiball all balls go out while ballsave is active. It takes too long to bring the balls back to the game.
I am sure this is related to the CPU.
However .. as far as we have a "ZERO" in front of the version number there is hope

Haha...I have this same complaint about the newer PC based games. The "turn it on" and then go play something else while it boots issue.

#1475 2 years ago

There’s a Pi4 compute module on the Pinsound XL card, that’s what takes so long to boot.

#1476 2 years ago

Yes, as I told , the bootprogress is not the pia.
But as written, on multiball drains and the CPU is not able to bring the balls faster to the shooterlane is annoying.
But it is what it is.
Same on the Stormbusters, there are working 1 Raspy and 2 Teensy. Bootsequence is the same but in game, the balls get delivered faster.
Also the design has several extra drivers so a auto kickback is installed.
However ... I would love to see that the lock mechanic on our FH is used also in 2.0. This is, at least for me, more important than a autolauncher. But starting a 3 ball multiball by hand is not really cool.

Still CHEERS to the whole team. A amazing project, please see my comments not as grumble please !!!!

IMG_3816 (resized).JPEGIMG_3816 (resized).JPEG

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

So, what's everyone's favorite mode(s) so far and did anyone get their own G.C. score yet?
The big potential points in Nightmare gets my heart racing and the 'who cares' feeling in RATM is refreshing

Best score thus far on mine game has been 24 million. Just getting into it more now that initial troubleshooting is behind me. Haven't discovered my favorite modes yet, and I need to read through the rule set to figure out how to activate Haunted Rollercoaster. Although, last night it hit me that Rudy's voice is f&*king AWESOME! I know there was a lot of push back in the early days with the voice rendering, but I really think when hearing in game play it works extremely well and even ties back to v1 with style. For a moment, I even forgot it wasn't the original Rudy while playing a game last night. kudos on that.

Gotta read though the rules, like i mentioned, but is there a way to quickly identify the modes you have completed while in game play?

#1478 2 years ago

After the huge success of our kit we are pleased to present our Alternative limited BACKGLASS for Funhouse2.0 Rudy's Nightmare!
LIMITED TO 200 UNITES WORLDWIDE!
Soon available here: https://www.pinballremakes.com/negozio/
And in our distributors shops!

Funhouse2_Alt_Translite (resized).pngFunhouse2_Alt_Translite (resized).png
#1479 2 years ago

On a more critical note, the modes that are the most successful are the multiballs. The other modes are a little simplistic. Doesn't bother me - my favorite game is theatre of magic which has simple modes (shot the pops, shot this ramp a bunch, shot that ramp a bunch), but I would imagine that these modes could be made more robust. Like in Duck Hunt the Steps targets could be bonus shots or multipliers or one second extra time, etc.

Quoted from Zukidog:

Gotta read though the rules, like i mentioned, but is there a way to quickly identify the modes you have completed while in game play?

Definitely a confusing aspect of the game, particularly as you progress because you can end up playing a mode more than once, but then missing other modes, which doesn't qualify you for wizard mode if I'm correct. Might be nice if unplayed modes were given priority or there was a way to see what you've played. That's something that traditionally would have been on playfield inserts, but we don't have that so...

I got used to the lag, but yeah, it's there. The ball save is the most noticeable as mentioned.

Quoted from TomDK:

I would love to see that the lock mechanic on our FH is used also in 2.0. This is, at least for me, more important than a autolauncher.

The physical lock is used for locking balls for wizard mode. I don't know why it isn't used for Nightmare multiball. Maybe it has something to do with all the modes running and things getting complicated?

#1480 2 years ago

anyone else turn the ball save down. 10 seconds is wayyy too long. I turn mine down to 5.

#1481 2 years ago

Who are these guys? New mode? Or are they in Melt the Clone and none of us have gotten that far yet? lol

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 8.07.29 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-15 at 8.07.29 AM (resized).png

#1482 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

anyone else turn the ball save down. 10 seconds is wayyy too long.

I turned mine down to 7

Quoted from canea:

Who are these guys? New mode? Or are they in Melt the Clone and none of us have gotten that far yet? lol

They are the Wack a Mole mode.

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

They are the Wack a Mole mode.

What??? Where?? I haven't seen this!

#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

After the huge success of our kit we are pleased to present our Alternative limited BACKGLASS for Funhouse2.0 Rudy's Nightmare!
LIMITED TO 200 UNITES WORLDWIDE!
Soon available here: https://www.pinballremakes.com/negozio/
And in our distributors shops![quoted image]

In my opinion, that translite is much nicer. Would be cool if you could order the kit with that instead of having to buy both to get that one.

#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from canea:

On a more critical note, the modes that are the most successful are the multiballs. The other modes are a little simplistic. Doesn't bother me - my favorite game is theatre of magic which has simple modes (shot the pops, shot this ramp a bunch, shot that ramp a bunch), but I would imagine that these modes could be made more robust. Like in Duck Hunt the Steps targets could be bonus shots or multipliers or one second extra time, etc.

Definitely a confusing aspect of the game, particularly as you progress because you can end up playing a mode more than once, but then missing other modes, which doesn't qualify you for wizard mode if I'm correct. Might be nice if unplayed modes were given priority or there was a way to see what you've played. That's something that traditionally would have been on playfield inserts, but we don't have that so...
I got used to the lag, but yeah, it's there. The ball save is the most noticeable as mentioned.

The physical lock is used for locking balls for wizard mode. I don't know why it isn't used for Nightmare multiball. Maybe it has something to do with all the modes running and things getting complicated?

There isn't a way to display the modes/awards already played yet. There are 11 in total on the mirror, as hours on the clock, and none repeat. All must be played to get to wizard mode.

The reason there is a virtual lock for Nightmare Multiball is because there is still the potential to start other mulitball modes (The evil Clones / Rudy and the MONKISS) before you have all 3 balls locked for Nightmare Multiball. E.g. if you have 2 balls locked for Nightmare Multiball, then start Evil Clones a ball or 2 would have to release from the lock to play Evil Clones Multiball. Then once Evil Clones is over you would not have any balls physically locked for Nightmare Multiball.

Whack a Mole is the skill shot.

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Ohhh..is that why it says 'you got the hammer'? It continues on next ball?

#1487 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

AHHHHHHHHHH, that would explain why it's short lived!!!! i kept getting excited thinking i was about to whack some moles with each step target or popbumper.... good to know. I'll read through these rules today and see if i can rack up a new highscore in return.

#1488 2 years ago

Anybody here in the 2.0 club that has a good translite and/or speaker panel they’re no longer using and would like to sell? No scratches, please - I’ve already got that version

Please reply via PM so as not to clog this thread which seems mostly oriented towards tech support/bug squashing. Thanks!

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Anybody here in the 2.0 club that has a good translite and/or speaker panel they’re no longer using and would like to sell? No scratches, please - I’ve already got that version
Please reply via PM so as not to clog this thread which seems mostly oriented towards tech support/bug squashing. Thanks!

Pm sent

#1490 2 years ago

Skill shot 1 is you got the hammer , skill shot 2 is wack a mole ,skill shot 3 ….. find out yourself

#1491 2 years ago

Hello guys!

Look at these super detailed instructions about "how to play" Funhouse 2.0 Rudy's Nightmare!

https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/FH2-game-instructions.pdf

Thanks to our Guru UVAJED

#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Definitely a confusing aspect of the game, particularly as you progress because you can end up playing a mode more than once, but then missing other modes, which doesn't qualify you for wizard mode if I'm correct. Might be nice if unplayed modes were given priority [...]

I am pretty sure that's not the case, if you played a mode it is not longer available again until you play through all the modes including wizard mode...

Earlier someone mentioned baloon mode to be the least favorite one. I thought so too tbh. But i now try to stack it into monkiss, that way the mode timer is paused and you get a chance to actually get to jackpot. And that way i like the mode alot actually because its challenging and rewarding.
But definitely near impossible to advance within 30s.
Btw. A hole shot adds 5s to any mode timer

#1493 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Hello guys!

Look at these super detailed instructions about "how to play" Funhouse 2.0 Rudy's Nightmare!

https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/FH2-game-instructions.pdf

Thanks to our Guru UVAJED

Just took the time to read through them, very well laid out!!! thank you!

#1494 2 years ago

Can anyone spot check me? Doing my install and replacing connectors... J212 on my FAST board has the key pin fifth when counting from the left. On the MPU board (and connector) its fourth. Before I pull the board back off, can anyone verify my FAST board is pinned incorrectly?

20220415_182634 (resized).jpg20220415_182634 (resized).jpg20220415_182707 (resized).jpg20220415_182707 (resized).jpg
#1495 2 years ago

That is incorrect. It should be the 4th from the left for the key on your Fast cpu. Do not repin the header plug for it to fit.

fastpinball can you advise here please?

20220415_191306 (resized).jpg20220415_191306 (resized).jpg

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

That is incorrect. It should be the 4th from the left for the key on your Fast cpu. Do not repin the header plug for it to fit.
fastpinball can you advise here please?
[quoted image]

Thanks! I emailed my distributor. I'm sure they'll get it squared away.

#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Thanks! I emailed my distributor. I'm sure they'll get it squared away.

Wow! Very sorry about this. We have been running through so many of these boards for kits, it was probably bound to happen eventually. I am terribly sorry. I have spoken with Rick PPS and we will get you a replacement ASAP.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1498 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Wow! Very sorry about this. We have been running through so many of these boards for kits, it was probably bound to happen eventually. I am terribly sorry. I have spoken with Rick PPS and we will get you a replacement ASAP.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Awesome, thank you! No worries at all. It happens! Thanks for the personal response, and big shout out to Rick and PPS and FAST. Rick personally called me after business hours on Friday going into a holiday weekend to let me know a replacement was going out the door ASAP. I think the total response time after my email to resolution was like an hour... Superb, and service that's almost unheard of in COVID world!

#1499 2 years ago

Looks like Jim aka applejuice has already done the work for the autolauncher on the Storm Blasters thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-software-rewrite-the-journey/page/7#post-6208850

If you code it, we can do the rest!

#1500 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Looks like Jim aka applejuice has already done the work for the autolauncher on the Storm Blasters thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-software-rewrite-the-journey/page/7#post-6208850
If you code it, we can do the rest!

Yes, Stormbusters has a autolauncher and it is well integrated on ballsafe.
BUT ... Jims own design pcb has also 7 extra drivers. So there is a small advantage compared with the FAST controller.
On Stormbusters it is Sound, CPU, and driverboard in once. Driven by Rasperry and Teensys. So there are free drivers.

On FH the simplest way would be to remove the hardwareknocker and use this driver. Otherhan several WMS games have "driverboards" for extra drivers.
Specially for multiballs, but also as a ballsaver, a autokickback would be great.
On Stormbusters are 2 ways fpr the autolauncher:
1. One unit adjusted to fit , thats what i did.
2. Autolauncher as a coil with bracket and a kickmechanismen as 2 parts.

Both will work.
here are pics from both solutions.

IMG_0925 (resized).JPEGIMG_0925 (resized).JPEGIMG_0931 (resized).JPEGIMG_0931 (resized).JPEGIMG_2723 (resized).jpgIMG_2723 (resized).jpgIMG_2725 (resized).jpgIMG_2725 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Park Ridge, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 29.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.