right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #37 Promo video Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #38 Preorder link for PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #121 Promo photos Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (2 years ago)

Post #672 Review and instructions from an early adopter Posted by pinballonthemark (2 years ago)

Post #693 Gameplay video 1 Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Post #694 Gameplay video 2 Posted by stumblor (2 years ago)

Post #716 Gamplay video 3 and 1.0 gameplay video Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1116 Ramp Switches - Important checks for 2.0 to work correctly Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardrob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#223 2 years ago

Good point, and would be interesting to know if the new kit is compatible with the led ocd boards

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

We are all focused on supporting the 2.0 project teams so that they can to get their game kits released asap. All available inventory has been reserved for existing projects so we probably won't be making our developer kits available until after the first of the year.
We hope to have more information out in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience.
In the meantime, here is a FAST System 11 board pic I had handy.
[quoted image]
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Is this compatible with the LED OCD boards?

1 week later
#307 2 years ago

This is so exciting! Best pinball news of the year! Cool stuff

#313 2 years ago

Is it fun?

#319 2 years ago

Is it only the shaker that plugs into the pinsound XL or is that mini shaker board required too?

#322 2 years ago

Yes the motion control is used with the normal pinsound board but i understand that the mod is equipped with a new pinsound xl board with lots of added features. Is the motion control board required here or is it on bord already?

I am just about to order the shaker kit...

#341 2 years ago

my distributor just informed me about a delay of the Funhouse 2.0 kits

Only a few kits are shipped to beta testers in December. The first official kits will be sent in January.

#408 2 years ago

I am still excited, i like the screen and animations Alot. This is really high quality! So cool to get some deep rules and ball saver.

I think its also very cool that this is not a generic set for all system11 or something. The additional mini screen is also integrated nicely.

I would love to see some more real gameplay showing the modes in detail, or a rulesheet would be nice

#443 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I really hope that isn't a spelling error on the mini screen. Looks like it should say "collect ten minutes to light mirror"?
The grammar police are big here and that would drive me insane

I thought the same thing! This is unacceptable

#444 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

This really takes a good game to the next level. Had the opportunity to play it this weekend and it was a blast![quoted image]

So good for you but could you go into more detail? What is good? How does it work? Are the modes easy to understand. Are inserts used to guide through modes etc.

#455 2 years ago

I wish they had added an auto plunger coil to the upgrade. Could be great for multiball ball-saves.

I assume there is no multiball ball-save then...

2 weeks later
#494 2 years ago

As far as i understand the kit is in Beta testing phase right now. Its not officially out yet.

I guess the game is added as a new game in the database like done for BoP 2.0

SmartSelect_20220103-165002_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220103-165002_Chrome (resized).jpg

#513 2 years ago

Gameplay is really fun. Collect time to light mirror for mode start. Timed challeging modes as well as Multiballs and Awards like ball saver or million/extra ball are earned.

Installation is really plug and play. If i can do it, its easy for you! Both displays are crisp and everything is high quality.

The acrylic backglass is really nice. I haven't seen those and although not a real glass, its way better than my Translite.

I have to say i am really impressed so far. The animations are among the best i have seen in pinball. Really fitting the theme well, funny and guiding through the game. Wow!

The voice is fine for me. I mean it is not the original voice but it has a creepy evil character to it, suiting evil rudy very well, i like it. Everything is pinsound with audio files for every sound/callout (separate folders for Funhouse 1.0 and 2.0)

The sound is well made and the squeaky duck sound on the slings is just brilliant

I have both Led OCD and GI OCD installed and its working well together.
UVAJED PNE7 can you give us any info on led-lighting without those boards installed? Is the FAST CPU board dealing with LED ghosting and smooth switching itself?
20220104_235904 (resized).jpg20220104_235904 (resized).jpg20220104_235959 (resized).jpg20220104_235959 (resized).jpg20220105_000025 (resized).jpg20220105_000025 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#631 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Can anyone confirm the kit includes the speaker upgrade?
I read some posts before in this thread that yes included... however, I don't see anything in the pictures or offerings of the kit indicating 3 new speakers are included.
Thanks
Kerry

Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I have put in my deposit as well even though I feel like it would have been nice to see the play video before they took a deposit. I felt comfortable doing so since it is 100% refundable (seller putting money where their mouth is since I can back out).
Question - I've never owned a pinsound and I don't think I've played a game with one installed before. I assume since these sell so well amongst pinsiders that it will improve the sound of Funhouse even while I'm playing the "original" game? Is that another advantage to owning this setup?

2 front speakers are included.

The pinsound XL features an on board bass boost and equalizer, that alone in my opinion improves the sound ALOT. Not to mention its a stereo setup. Bass boost is also very noticable.

With pinsound you are fre to exchange every individual sound and callout as you like because they are just stored as individual wav sound files on the corresponding usb drive. You can use original sound data or chose an alternative sound pack from the download section or create your own

#658 2 years ago

Prepare to open your wallets. Are you ready?

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Thanks for posting the videos. A couple of quick comments:
1) LCDs look great. I mean, really great.
2) Sounds are fine. The new main theme gets just as repetitive in a different, slightly slower way as the original theme.
3) The haunted roller coaster seems fairly throwaway for a mode. Especially if you only have six or so modes. Much rather have that be a random award and another more fleshed out, playable mode take its place.
4) Initial scoring seems fairly unbalanced, with the Nightmare multiball potentially being the majority of the score.
5) Ruleset seems about as shallow as the original Funhouse, and surprisingly similar at first blush, which is a little disappointing. The modes seem fairly basic. I mean, I wasn't expecting Keith Johnson level changes to the rules, but I was hoping for a little more depth to the modes than "hit X shot five times." Even if we're sticking with that, I would have loved to see more personality from Evil Rudy and create more of a narrative to the game. Something like steal the backwards flippers from TSPP and require the player to hit the STEP ramp four times to start a PETS multiball, where Rudy runs AMOK in a pet store letting animals loose. Whatever.
6) The drums on Rudy and the Monkies would get very annoying in a bar environment or on location.
7) I liked the hotdog mode. That said, another hit the target x number of times. Would like to move the required shot around a little more, or even the old alternate the hotdog shot with a ramp requirement to relight the hotdog shot. Something.
8) Didn't see if they had any new skill shots. I like Elwin's use of multiple skill shots available to the player. Possible?
9) No leaderboard or extended high score tables? No Hotdog champion, Clone Killer, etc? Just the regular high scores.
Again, if it sounds like I'm ragging on the game, I'm not. But if feels a little closer to Rudy 1.5 instead of 2.0. What I like, I like a lot, and what I wish for seems doable, but not currently implemented.
For the record, I'm buying one. Just wishing for a little more. Right now it seems like a $2000 upgraded Color DMD with some different sounds and a mildly changed ruleset. It shows a ton of promise, but also a lot of unrealized opportunity. I love it that the game now looks like a modern-era game -- but I wish the ruleset was closer to this decade than 1990.
Mike

For more advanced mode play, you will like "don't you want a balloon" as you pop enough of each balloon, the trapdoor opens for jackpot.

The hole is used to advance the amount of lit shots in melt the clone at the Steps. If maxed out, a left outlane save is provided

For the depth i think mode stacking is for you. It adds a lot of strategy aspects. Timed modes are stackable during MB, so better get them running before you finally lock 3 balls for maximum action.

The ball saver will balance nicely for the added deepness. Funhouse is physically quite a challenging game like most System 11 are. To me the ball saver here and there makes the game feel much more fair and less frustrating than on Funhouse 1.0. While still being a challenge.

#714 2 years ago

pinballinreno i love the callouts for the minutes and point values at the trapdoor. I would not agree that all that should be exchanged with just Jackpot, especially for the Million.
During MB there already are callouts for Jackpot and Super-Jackpot

You are right, the game needs more polish, and its really in the middle of getting updated very frequently almost everyday now. I hope you will follow the upcoming videos and continue your valuable fedback, as not only finding glitches but also suggestions are very welcome.

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Nice!
My game has LEDOCD and GIOCD as well as pinsound and the shaker.
The game is amazing! I dont want to make it lesser of a game.
I love the mini-LCD!
The new 2.0 vid shows more promise.
Call outs still need tweaking imho...

I didnt like my game with led, as there was heavy flicker and dimming did not work. I almost immediately ordered both OCD-Boards years ago when i got my Funhouse.
I could not recommend them more and i can approve that the boards work seamlessly with the 2.0 Kit.

I agree the shaker is a blast (the same great configuration that already existed for 1.0) and a new shaker config adapted for 2.0 in addition. Feels great

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Rudy's mouth tracks the voice a lot better in 1.0 too. Hopefully this will be tweeked.

As callouts change frequently in the code in beta phase, the mouth sync is not adapted to perfection all the time. Of course the sync is a huge aspect and a lot of fine tuning has already been done and will continue to be implemented. From an overall progress point of view It just makes more sense to shift this task to a litte later stage towards finalizing.

According to the videos, what timestamps/callouts are you referring to as out of sync? I might not see the forest for the trees

#777 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

You'll notice at 7:27 of UVAJED's video his mouth closes before he finishes saying "the trap door is open". This is consistent in most everything he says. Hmm...perhaps it's just a video/sound delay and not related to the game.

Thank you! I will have a look. Keep in mind syncing is still being fine tuned.

Unfortunately we also sometimes have our videos slightly out of sync as well (we are no professional streamers) so i think this might be the case here.

However here is a closer look with no video/audio delay.

2 weeks later
#890 2 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Just finished my resto Cant wait for the kit to arrive. I wanted to wait for the kit to arrive before I put the playfield back in to make it easier to install the blades but my wife was like a kid in a candy store.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow never thought about that color, these trims look really nice, well done!

1 week later
#935 2 years ago

Why would anyone want autoplunger for 1.0?

1 week later
#1068 2 years ago

To be honest 1.0 shaker integration is nice. I would not call it epic.
2.0 shaker integration will blow you away because that is truly epic! Once you experience the extra ball effect... perfectly alligned with sfx and knocker... This is a magical moment in pinball
Many different perfectly fitting rumble patterns, really put together extremely well! You'll soon forget about old 1.0 Rudy, fellow of the past.

#1074 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Never heard of the shaker motor option!
What shaker kit do I need?

You need the Pinsound MOTION CONTROL SHAKER KIT. Its a plug and play kit.

Quoted from djsolzs:

Also is there a skill shot? A short plunge gives you 15 mins regardless the color you land on. Thanks

What do you mean with "color you land on"? Skill shot is a plunge into hideout.

Quoted from djsolzs:

I’m having another issue where in 2.0 the diverter for steps closes and when you get to the steps ramp you hear the sound of the Outlane like you drain. Both with falling to plunging and after plunge you here the sound and nothing registers on the steps. In 1.0 it works just fine. Am I the only one? See videos

This is not right. Did you perform a software update?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/22#post-6819548

#1076 2 years ago

Please check your ramp switch. The one in top of the ramp under the ticket housing

#1078 2 years ago

I suspect a switch issue. Could it be your left shooter lane switch is not registering? That way the game thinks the ball did not get there and the steps feature is not started

2 weeks later
#1216 2 years ago

For some reason alot of people have their ramp switches wired wrong. Some different issues including Steps feature not working WILL arise due to that. Other switch related issues can result in stuck balls. This also happens to games that worked fine with FH1.0, just because 2.0 is deeper and way more complex with all the cool new rules and features and thus a little more specific about switch hits. We had that type of reports at least 10 times, always an easy fix independent from the Kit Hardware or Software!

Other than that, all known dead ends are fixed. However, If you find a bug please feel free to give us some details. Bugs with dead ends really have the highest priority and you will find them fixed in no time!
I am very confident by now that if your game is technically OK, Funhouse 2.0 works flawlessly without stuck balls or weird behavior! And yes there are some known glitches that are in the works, but not of the severe type.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from jonahk:

The switch test and working coil tests in 2.0 are a lifesaver. Having to reboot to 1.0 was a massive headache.
Would like to see flipper EOS switches get added to the test, as well as flipper coils but the matrix is a great start.
Heads up this does a full factory reset so if you’re like me and forgot to write down your pricing settings enjoy setting those up again (this took me a while to remember)
Crazy steps still don’t register in 2.0. I assume this got discussed in earlier posts? (Ours appear to be wired correctly according to switch tests in both versions)

Crazy Steps should definitely work! It is with 99% certainty wrong switch wiring, please check all the ramp switches against the pictures by UVAJED

Edit: just saw your last post

Quoted from jonahk:

Shucks. I will run through the correct switch order in post #1116 again because we get the dreaded ball drain noise as soon as it hits the left outline switch (which tells me that when our other tech checked it, they were not actually correct)

Yes its another clear sign for wrong switch order! Comparing switch test with the pictures solved this issues all the time for others

1 week later
#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Had a really great time playing Funhouse 2.0 Friday night - roughly 10 hours of the game being powered on and Lord knows how many games played... up til 5am flipping that silver ball. So it held up to say the least. However, I have some feedback in regards to coil functionality when switching between the Original Funhouse and 2.0 that I'd like to share to the development team, but I'm unsure of the best route to communicate these. Is there a preference in providing feedback? I'd like to start by seeing if they can be replicated on other peoples machines and not just isolated to mine before assuming it's global. I do have the most recent firmware and code installed for the record. I also had the E steps error - so it seems like that isn't limited to only a couple machines.
Great work being done by the community on this one. Really does add new life to Rudy

That sounds great, thanks for considering some feedback. If you find a bug or have a feature question / suggestion, please feel free to post here in the thread.

If you have some more detailed feedback or a list of items that you collected during hardcore playing sessions, thats really awesome! It would be great if you pm one of us beta testers UVAJED AMSNL stumblor and myself. We will track everything in a collaborative list, discuss internally and come back with improvements

Keep on playing, have fun and thank you!

#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Definitely a confusing aspect of the game, particularly as you progress because you can end up playing a mode more than once, but then missing other modes, which doesn't qualify you for wizard mode if I'm correct. Might be nice if unplayed modes were given priority [...]

I am pretty sure that's not the case, if you played a mode it is not longer available again until you play through all the modes including wizard mode...

Earlier someone mentioned baloon mode to be the least favorite one. I thought so too tbh. But i now try to stack it into monkiss, that way the mode timer is paused and you get a chance to actually get to jackpot. And that way i like the mode alot actually because its challenging and rewarding.
But definitely near impossible to advance within 30s.
Btw. A hole shot adds 5s to any mode timer

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Has the idea been floated of penalizing the player points-wise if they leave a ball in the shooter lane during multiball more than a few seconds?
e.g. 50% scoring until that ball is launched, perhaps along with bzzzzzt! sound effects replacing the normal ones?

Thats exactly already done sice the beginning of beta. Jackpots are not counted and rudy is yelling at you to plunge the ball...

5 months later
#2063 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Up and running!
-I really like the random modes.
-In the few games I’ve been able to get in, is it easier/quicker to get to the hour? I’m not complaining, it just seems easier to light the next mode.

No changes that i know of. Maybe you have just gotten better with Funhouse

Quoted from FrankJ:

-Modes still have virtual locks? I would have liked them change to physical too. Still working on an auto launcher?

What exactly do you mean? What modes should have physical locks? The Nightmare MB is changed to physical locks, but for other modes i dont know how a lock could make sense...

Quoted from FrankJ:

-I’ve gotten two random game hang-ups where the ball isn’t registering when it hits the ball trough. I haven’t investigated if it is the switch or software. I’ll alligator clip/meter the switch tonight to test. In both cases, the machine read and moved to the next ball after a tilt. In hindsight, I should have reached inside to tilt to test instead of physically tilting the game.

Please keep us updated, your findings will be valuable!

#2070 1 year ago

Thats a known issue now, thanks for reporting!

Will be fixed shortly

#2073 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

The “during mode” multiballs begin immediately. Why not start AFTER ball #2 is launched and a switch triggered? Not sure what to do on three ball multiballs - except maybe make them all two ball until the auto launcher is available and enabled. Do multiballs need ball savers? I’d vote no. At least not until we get an auto launcher.

You refer to the 2-ball MB. But i think its working fine. You start e.g. Evil Clones or Monkiss in the mirror, so you collect that mode. If it does not start then, what else should happen? Also the ball is kept in the scoop until you shoot the second ball from shooter lane into game and it triggeres a switch.

#2076 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Then I have a malfunction. In my machine, you hit the scoop, the mode starts, a ball is delivered to the shooter lane, and the ball immediately exits the lower scoop and into play - whether you shoot the ball or not.

Ok please check your shooter lane switch.

I just double checked. The game is waiting for plunge before Ball is ejected from scoop. Same for Evil Clones and Monkiss MB

1 week later
#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Spent some time on it today. I can confirm on my machine:
All switches work perfectly in test.
In mode multiballs Monkeeys and Clone - the ball shoots from the lower scoop before the ball is released from the shooter lane as stated before - every time. The right shooter switch is working properly. There is no malfunction. It works properly for sound effects at the start of each ball.
I thought the game played easier. Now, hitting Rudy advances the clock to the next hour. I don’t believe it did that in the previous version.
Also, after exiting the 2.0 test menu, hitting start will reset the game, but no ball is served to the plunger. I need to either cycle off or hold the start button to return to the choose a version screen to reset it for play.

Thanks again for reporting and testing!

So i was wrong before, the clock advance by rudy hit is new with 0.99 you got that right. This will be a setting in the future! (Hard mode collects minutes less easily)
The issue you are having with immediate scoop shot is odd. The game is programmed to wait, and i showed you in the video... However we try to make that more failsafe in the next update, so please try if that works for you.

The bug, where no ball is served on a new game will be fixed with the new update, sorry for that.

1 week later
#2114 1 year ago

Please refer to the official update instruction
https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Funhouse-SD-Card-update-instructions-1.pdf

Did you also update the SD Card, as mentioned in the above linked instructions? This is required for 0.99

If you are stuck at the "fast update" you need to press a button on the Fast board. After that the update continues right away
SmartSelect_20221020-123231_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20221020-123231_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2135 1 year ago

Lol that is a massive understatement.

This is a fully packed update. 0.99_1 containts LOTS of bug fixes.

All the annoying bugs reported with 0.99 like balls not ejecting dead ends are fixed.

- bug fix where steps gate was active during modes when it should not be
- bug fixed where jackpots were not stacked correctly if multiple modes are active
- bug in wizard mode where additional balls where ejected in case of draining
- bug fixed where a lock shot ends the ball during EC or Monkiss
- fixed overlapping sounds
- fixed a bug where no ball was ejected for a new game if balls were sitting in lock before

Have fun!

#2140 1 year ago

You only need to do the SD update once! So if you did that with 0.99 already, you can skip that now.

If you have done 0.99 previously, then only format USB and copy over the .code file

If you come from an earlier version, do the SD update

1 week later
#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

I successfully updated the SD card, however, I'm having issues with the code update. I inserted the SanDisk USB into my computer, but it's not recognized in file explorer. I do see it in device management, but I'm not able to format or copy the new code to it.
I have previously updated the code on this USB without issue. Is it possible to just copy the code to another USB and use that?
Am I missing something? Any ideas?
Thanks!!

You need to "flash" the SD card with a dedicated Software e.g Etcher. The USB stick needs to be formated first. If you have trouble, trying another USB stick would be a good idea and should work fine

Here you find the update instructions:

Quoted from WizzardRob:

Please refer to the official update instruction
https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/Funhouse-SD-Card-update-instructions-1.pdf
Did you also update the SD Card, as mentioned in the above linked instructions? This is required for 0.99
If you are stuck at the "fast update" you need to press a button on the Fast board. After that the update continues right away
[quoted image]

2 weeks later
#2172 1 year ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

Has anyone been able to navigate the haunted roller coaster mode?
I can't get past the first arrow everytime. It's a quick 100 grand for me and I'm out. I'm assuming it's because I'm getting slow in my old age...

I make it to the end almost every time i think its a matter of HOW the buttons are pressed. Try to "hold" the respective button a bit instead of just quickly press-release.

Quoted from Sean_bc:

I think there will be more improvements coming eventually. The last update was really good, and addressed a few key issues.
Just keep making suggestions...

Yes please keep reporting software bugs or suggestions. Software is still being improved all the time

1 week later
#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Above was posted 56 days ago.
Any chance of an update before Christmas? Mine is pretty much unplayable with the “USB Missing” error always popping up. The game would get lots of holiday play…

FrankJ i get your frustration, i am just curious if you missed one update, after this announcement there actually was quite a big software update 35 days ago. To be fair it might be overlooked easily. But the latest Version is 99_1. The link is also updated in the update instructions that UVAJED mentioned. The instructions and embedded link to the latest software is officially published on pinballremakes.com https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Funhouse-SD-Card-update-instructions.pdf

Quoted from Andrea_DM:

Hello! New game code is there right now!
We found an issue with the link, We have to re-upload the game code.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzj1aje5bkr5is1/pinball-fh2-099_1.code?dl=0

Quoted from WizzardRob:

Lol that is a massive understatement.
This is a fully packed update. 0.99_1 containts LOTS of bug fixes.
All the annoying bugs reported with 0.99 like balls not ejecting dead ends are fixed.
- bug fix where steps gate was active during modes when it should not be
- bug fixed where jackpots were not stacked correctly if multiple modes are active
- bug in wizard mode where additional balls where ejected in case of draining
- bug fixed where a lock shot ends the ball during EC or Monkiss
- fixed overlapping sounds
- fixed a bug where no ball was ejected for a new game if balls were sitting in lock before
Have fun!

#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from canea:

Been having some issues with mine, mostly centered around multiballs and drains. Maybe it's just my trough switches but checking to see if any others are experiencing. My trough switches seem fine otherwise, just wonky in the multiballs sometimes.
In nightmare multiball, 2 balls drain, 1 ball still in play, but the mode doesn't end - so I'll be in multiball until I drain.The game correctly registers the final drain/ends the ball.
In Defeat Rudy the last time I was there, I lost 2 balls very quickly, then the 3rd ball, which it never registered, so stuck in Defeat Rudy with no balls on the playfield. Maybe it's the 2 balls draining fast in succession?

This sounds like some issues that were present in 0.99 update.

Did you perform the new update to 0.99_1? Most bugs of this sort should be gone.
The instructions and embedded link to the latest software is officially published on pinballremakes.com https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Funhouse-SD-Card-update-instructions.pdf

Otherwise, videos showing these bugs in action would be extremely helpful for troubleshooting.

1 month later
#2246 1 year ago
Quoted from Niemi38:

Do I have to reinstall the software from a source online ? How to I make the system recognize I’m resetting the sd card ?
Thank you

Please check this post below

1 week later
#2269 1 year ago

99_1 to 99_2 is for the Topper code, some minor changes mostly small bug fixes (animation/sound) came along with it.
One improvement:
- loop timings for loop jackpot were extended

99_3 changes (soon, not yet released):
- wait for balls to arrive ball trough before game start. E.g. 2 balls in lock and manual game reset: flippers will be dead, lock disc will release both balls, balls are arriving in trough, new ball is kicked into shooter lane for next game. That way a multiball on startup exploid is removed

Find latest updates here:
https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads/

SmartSelect_20230123-202210_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230123-202210_Chrome (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2329 1 year ago

Look at the playfield clock there is your Countdown. So if you are down to one ball you are in a hurry for each shot. But its still possible to finish.

As for Haunted roller coaster, ill have a look. I know what you mean.

#2336 1 year ago

So, I can read their files, I just cant write them?
This is contrary to what I heard during development. But that was a LONG time ago...
FH 2.0 must be a proprietary product.
I guess Ive got to get up to speed on this.
However, I guess that I cant manipulate the FH 1.0 files, or add in my custom orchestrations?
Ive edited my earlier post!

This SUCKS, and goes against everything that pinsound offers.
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Something is wrong, and has to be sorted out....

Quoted from Zablon:

I mean, they've been saying this since the beginning and since they are being so hush about it, I think it was on purpose. Otherwise why use a propriatary format?

Quoted from Zablon:

I think you missed what I was getting at. This isn't 'pinsound', this is pendretti. They are just using pinsound. My guess is due to licenses, etc...this system is locked on purpose by pendretti.

So we have Ferrari's with tire boots on them....
I absolutely LOVE Pinsound! I love tinkering with it and adding shakers to games that could use them etc.
The variety of custom orchestrations is growing every day. Its a lot of fun to load them up and play a new game!
Pinsound along with ColorDMD is most of what the restoration community thrives on to "modernize" older games.
I think its time for Pedretti to give up on its proprietary format and let things flow forward.
Its good for the hobbyists and good for pinball in general.

Quoted from chillme:

Correct, the pinsound studio will not write the file and they do not have a utility to handle the archive. I played around with running the file thru various utilities to see if I could find something. But it looks like a proprietary format to pinsound. You cannot modify FH 1.0, same file package. I was looking to fix the audio levels, no dice. Just can’t write the file and the pinsound xl card will not read/discover sound zips to be included like you would do with a pinsound card.
pinsound has never come back here and answered my question about a utility or how to create the psp file. Somebody posted that they were told by pinsound they were working on it.
Disappointing, because I had a custom orchestration for Funhouse 1.0, I was using on a pinsound card before I upgraded to FH2.0.

There is some confusion here.

Correct, you cannot change the original provided soundpacks due to copyright. However, you are wrong about the alternate sound packs for FH1.0. There are alot of alternate sound packs provided by pinsound
https://www.pinsound.org/machine/funhouse/
ready to be downloaded, and you can even create your own... Just put them on the flash drive into an audio folder as described on their site
https://www.pinsound.org/support/sound-package-information/
and with these freely available soundpacks, as far as i know they are not encrypted and you can freely exchange individual sound files.

There is a community made Soundpack by user Mr Tantrum, that attempts to "normalize" the voice and sound, that looks promising
Screenshot 2023-02-10 152530 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-02-10 152530 (resized).png

#2340 1 year ago

Since I can add the alternate paks for Funhouse 1.0, It seems that I can add alternate paks for Funhouse 2.0 as well.
Is this true?
If so, this adds an exciting dimension to the game.

No . Let go of that Ed Boon obsession. He must be in your dreams.
2.0 Voice is even better, we love it! Its great

3 weeks later
#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

"Funhouse_Original" doesn't work for me. I don't hear the "checking sound" voice or whatever when the game boots. Then, when I try to change sound packs with volume 0, nothing happens at all, not the chime. Also, there is no sound whatsoever in Funhouse 1.0 when that pack is on the USB drive. I am installing it the same as all the rest, by putting the unzipped folder into "audio" folder on the USB drive.
Puzzling.
[quoted image]

Delete the pinsound.config on the root of the USB

Your folder structure seems not right.

Shoud be
- USB drive
- AUDIO
- Soundpack 1, 2, 3
- single folders jingle, music, sfx, voice

2 weeks later
#2410 1 year ago

That speaker panel is just installed reversed just turn it 180 degrees

2 weeks later
#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from MC35:

[...] if you drain too fast sometimes the ball doesn't eject. I have heard a new code update is in progress

Expect this bug to be fixed soon!

#2483 1 year ago

The biggest changes are under the hood, performance is improved making the game feel much smoother overall. The Ball Saver was rewritten to be more responsive. Multiball hangups fixed and so on...

Yes Auto launcher is implemented as a software option. It will use the knocker coil for firing... you get the idea... stay tuned for more infos soon

#2492 1 year ago

If you ever updated your SD card for an update, you do not need to update the SD card again for 99_8.

Only if you are on a previous code, prior 0.99 and you did not update your SD card, you need to do that.

In any case, you can directly go to the latest code, there is no need to go through any code versions in between. A USB update always contains the full code including all sound and video.

#2493 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So I am not the worlds best computer guy but can follow instructions occasionally. Since I am new to the 2.0 I though I would ask my questions instead of assumptions like a real world beta tester.
On this instructions link https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/FH2_Game_Update.pdf inbetween steps 4 and 5 are you suppose to re-insert the USB stick into the machine?
It seems so obvious but such an important step maybe it should be in the instructions?
And will all the drop box links always be to the latest code? As in only one file is available or could a person accidently click on a old link and be brought to a older code version?
Thanks in advance. John

Your assumption is correct:
- extract USB stick from pinball machine
- connect USB stick to computer
- quick format USB stick FAT32
- copy update Software to USB stick
- remove USB stick from Computer
- put USB stick into pinball machine (Not into coin door, but to USB port on Pinsound)
- switch on pinball machine
- if stuck on pedretti logo, power cycle the pinball machine
- if stuck during fast update, push program button on FAST board (teensy sub board)

#2495 1 year ago

Please startup the game, open coin door and push the right most menu button to enter the menu.

Please show your screen. The software version is displayed at the top of the screen

20230408_145358 (resized).jpg20230408_145358 (resized).jpg

The easiest way to access the micro sd card is to use a USB adapter

Check this out! https://amzn.eu/d/cC2PmYE

#2498 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So this USB adapter replaces the small card that you pull out behind the[quoted image][quoted image]

No you put the micro sd card into that adapter, and then you can perform the sd card update on your computer. After that you put the micro sd card back into the board again

#2499 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Oh oh I hope it’s because I have a really old version. My menu buttons do nothing. Sounds works and goes up and down.
Hopefully this pic shows my version clear enough[quoted image]

Oh boy, thats an OLD version, you need to do the whole sd card and usb update thing

#2502 1 year ago

Yes this should also work!

#2508 1 year ago

Yes please use only 99_8 code during you update procedure.

No need to travel through any previous version

#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What we have here is total communication!
Like a Christmas miracle I tell ya!!!
Anyone wondering about this conversion let me tell you. I am like a 2 out of 10 on puters (naked lady machines) for knowledge and here we have it!!
[quoted image]

You made it! Congratulations. Now we have proof that this is doable for Everyone

I get the confusion about the instructions and old software. But as long as we can sort it out with talking, i think its fine...
We prioritize getting the update out so at the time the update was finished we did not want to wait for a perfect instructions to get it out. However room for improvement is noted...

Have fun, personally i think this update is a real milestone doing the great Funhouse pinball machine justice

#2515 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Lots of extra balls I feel like a state champion!!!
Thanks again!![quoted image]

You got one of the early Kits with the shirt, nice!

#2520 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

And the new test switches showed my trap door lane switch was stuck closed. No wonder so many extra balls.
My steps switch solenoid is not getting power after all the letters of steps are hit (closed) sling has power right next to it. Hmmm
[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like the thin coil wire broke loose from the solder connection...

20230409_084029 (resized).jpg20230409_084029 (resized).jpg

#2521 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Installed the latest update. Funhouse 1.0 audio is still really off. Rudy is still way too low in the mix. Everything sounds fine in 2.0.

Did you try the original sound mix from pinsound homepage? Or the remixed one?
https://www.pinsound.org/machine/funhouse/

#2543 1 year ago

The Jackpots are disabled if you do not plunge the Ball in MB (with a grace period)

#2556 1 year ago

Yes its fixed, thanks for reporting feedback of it actually working!

1 week later
#2600 12 months ago
Quoted from viper001:

So I haven't been on this thread for a while and I see there is a new update (yea!). But I also saw some folks having problems. Is there going to be a follow-up release right away or should we all proceed with what is out there now? Asking out of the laziness of not wanting to do 2 updates right in a row, I'll be honest...

If you want to wait theres a follow-up update on the finish line, to be released very soon

1 week later
#2642 11 months ago

BTW this is the new code version with lots of twaks and bug fixes

Major fixes include:
- Hideout animation and scoring is based on the Skill Shot progress
- Original sound pack is reconfigured
- Fix Hideout stuck
- Fix Lock ball stuck kickout
- Latest Motion Control code

#2645 11 months ago

New with fixes and improved 1.0 Sound

Sorry no fancy announcement this time

#2646 11 months ago

Sorry for the confusion. This is still the same as before...

Will be updated soon

#2647 11 months ago

Now you know what to expect

#2655 11 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

Thank you. Gotta have the booms. Hope the fidelity is increased as well.

It is what it is, the original sound files are not great! At least it sounds like the original now with proper sound levels and i think overall with the on board EQ it is superior.

#2657 11 months ago

It will be included in the next update

2 weeks later
#2687 11 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I think the issue is caused by the pinball bouncing back in the ball trough. I have recently done a playfield transfer and the mechs are powerful. I think the outhole solenoid is more powerful all cleaned up with a new sleeve, so the ball is kicked over hard and bounces back.
I have slo mo videos of the Rudy 2.0 switch matrix showing what happens.
I have tried changing the angle of the switch wires as much as I can and I still get the bounce. I am hoping that Pedretti will fix this in the software as I think they did in the ball lock - but was told to adjust my switches.
[quoted image]
The above photo shows the position of the switches. They are difficult to see in the slo mo videos. First lit up will be the Outhole. There are no pinballs in the trough, so in a perfect world, we would see the left trough, center trough, the right trough lit as the ball is setup from the outhole.
I cannot post a movie here, so I will upload to Youboob.

Next one should be the second pinball loaded in the ball trough.

Here you can see that the center trough switch is activated briefly, then the ball bounces to the left switch and finally settles back onto the center switch. This is what happens during multiball and why losing the second ball makes the game think that all three balls have been lost.
I cannot figure out how to stop this.
Finally, this is what happens when the third ball is lost into the outhole.

What software version are you on?

1 month later
#2768 9 months ago

I try to clarify

#2779 9 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I was hoping this issue is caused by the left shooter lane switch not working, but that switch works properly.
[quoted image]
The switch in the left shooter lane is on (4th column near the bottom).
[quoted image]
Not certain if this is related, but that left gate opens as soon as the steps are lit in Rudy 2.0. So a ball that goes to the left outlane goes into the shooter instead of draining.
In original FH, that left gate does not open until the ball goes up the ramp and is diverted.
I checked the three ramp switches. All work and none are stuck on.

Fixing this is not as easy as it seems, its on the list! However that is not really an issue, the ball easily pushes through the gate. In fact, as soon as the ball leaves the left shooterlane switch, the gate is opened! You can test this glass off.

When steps feature is lit, that gate acts as an outlane ball save! This is a feature and is done on purpose and this is similar how original Funhouse acts!

See rulesheet on pinball.org
http://pinball.org/rules/funhouse.html
SmartSelect_20230710-220230_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230710-220230_Chrome (resized).jpg

#2781 9 months ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Just installed the updated. Had 99.8 before. No SD update, just dropped the .code file on my newly fully formatted fat 32 thumb drive and popped it back in the machine. Had to hold the reset button during the install for the update to take hold. Played 1 game on each version. Too soon for a full feedback report, but the Original Funhouse sound track was definitely balanced out and 2.0 didn't lock up at any point. I'll put it through the ringer this weekend. Really excited to get an autoplunger installed in the near future!

This is the way!

Its the "program" button

#2783 9 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I just got a new high score and it worked great. Prior to the upgrade, the flipper switches were backwards - left button moved the highlighted letter to the right - drove me nuts.
That is now fixed so that the right flipper moves the highlighted letter to the right. Thank you!
My initials were not pre-entered. Did you update the SD card too? I did. Is that the difference?
On the downside, the call-outs that I find most annoying - "Shoot the ball!" and "10 minutes" are still there. On free play, if I want to pause and talk to someone or sip my drink, I don't want a pinball machine yelling at me. None of my other games are so insistent.
I do appreciate that Pedretti has a lot of unsolicited and contradictory feedback to put up with.

The ball shooter callout is a setting in the menu now. Did you try that?

5 months later
#2924 4 months ago
Quoted from AJBADASS:

Does anyone know if Pedretti is still actively working on this game? We’ve had one on location and it does well but I’ve noticed several bugs, in game menu seems unfinished and there is a lack of balance in the audio mix that breaks the immersion that funhouse 1.0 had.

I'd love to hear some DETAILS what bugs did you notice?

Audio levels were mostly improved in 1.0 in the last update. Remember you have a very good equalizer on the sound board! The balance should be done there also...

#2936 4 months ago

Just to clear things up a little bit:

FH1.0 has normalized audio volume with the latest update. The original low res sound files are used (same as the original sound rom, but improved speakers). So it is just what it is.
However FH1.0 sound is fully customizable like it always is with the pinsound card! So you can change everything or use one of the available sound packs from pinsound homepage... there are instructions on previous posts.

FH2.0 is a closed system with high resolution encrypted sound. But you can tweak the sound to your liking via the extremely versatile equalizer on the pinsound board, please give it a try, cause it is great (same is possible with 1.0 sound). It can really be adjusted drastically in any desired direction.

So i AM a little confused about the criticism on sound lately. What else can you wish for?

The Software is still maintained but to be honest there is not much of real bug reports other than some general complaints that are hardly tangible.

Please describe what you think should be addressed in some more detail

#2940 4 months ago
Quoted from MLmotorsport:

How did I miss this? One reason I was missing my pre-2.0 setup was because I missed the Pinsound mixes that I had on it. I didn't know we could still access those with this board. I'll have to reinstall those along with the auto launcher this weekend and start enjoying my old new game again.

It was possible since the very beginning!

See here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/47#post-7398480

And here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/48#post-7442343

#2941 4 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Here’s a bug: in funhouse 1.0 the topper flashes like crazy and non-stop. It’s very distracting.
PS: will there be an auto plunger kit or is it expected we will create our own?

Please create a textfile "topper.txt" with the following two lines and put it on the USB stick

S,100

#2945 4 months ago

You can make your own lightshow for FH1.0 by creating a text-file on the USB stick named topper.txt

The following two line-types can be entered line by line into topper.txt

S,100

* means all lights set color r g b (0,0,0)
S,100 means sleep 100 milliseconds
Commands are comma separated.

50,255,0,0 would mean LED number 50 go full red.

If you like to make your own lightshow, the indices are the following:

Line 1:
33 to 48

Line 2:
65 to 96

Line 3:
97 to 120

The topper.txt file is processed line by line and after last line in topper.txt the lightshow is repeated automatically

#2947 4 months ago

This is a bit confusing.
Can you post an exact text file that looks good for general purposes?

I revised my post. Its really easy. Unfortunately i cannot post txt files in pinside

The following textfile consists of 6 lines. It will change all topper LEDs between red, green, blue, changing color every 5 seconds (only as an example of course).

S,5000
S,5000
S,5000

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardrob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare?tu=wizzardrob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.