right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 61.
#1501 2 years ago

Can't imagine the majority of owners going to the extra expense and trouble of adding auto-launch.

Has the idea been floated of penalizing the player points-wise if they leave a ball in the shooter lane during multiball more than a few seconds?

e.g. 50% scoring until that ball is launched, perhaps along with bzzzzzt! sound effects replacing the normal ones?

#1502 2 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Yes, Stormbusters has a autolauncher and it is well integrated on ballsafe.
BUT ... Jims own design pcb has also 7 extra drivers. So there is a small advantage compared with the FAST controller.
On Stormbusters it is Sound, CPU, and driverboard in once. Driven by Rasperry and Teensys. So there are free drivers.
On FH the simplest way would be to remove the hardwareknocker and use this driver. Otherhan several WMS games have "driverboards" for extra drivers.
Specially for multiballs, but also as a ballsaver, a autokickback would be great.
On Stormbusters are 2 ways fpr the autolauncher:
1. One unit adjusted to fit , thats what i did.
2. Autolauncher as a coil with bracket and a kickmechanismen as 2 parts.
Both will work.
here are pics from both solutions.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Its just perfect!

Re-purposing the knocker driver is the obvious choice. Adding a sound byte instead in FH 2.0.

FH 1.0 would be unaffected as you dont really need the knocker at all. It would hardly be missed.

Unless you could fire the knocker (or the autolauncher) from a pinsound extention port? Or the motion controller?

Its very exciting to think of the possibilities!

#1503 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Can't imagine the majority of owners going to the extra expense and trouble of adding auto-launch.
Has the idea been floated of penalizing the player points-wise if they leave a ball in the shooter lane during multiball more than a few seconds?
e.g. 50% scoring until that ball is launched, perhaps along with bzzzzzt! sound effects replacing the normal ones?

Seems simpler to code the autolaunch and not recode the entire game.

the parts for the autolauncher are very inexpensive and its fairly easy to install.

#1504 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Looks like Jim aka applejuice has already done the work for the autolauncher on the Storm Blasters thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whirlwind-software-rewrite-the-journey/page/7#post-6208850
If you code it, we can do the rest!

Are you saying these is a ready to go drop in auto launcher mechanism that fits properly with the existing funhouse trough? If so, please provide me with a part number / link / source.

Again, as has been said before, the hard part is not the firing of a coil but in finding/designing a reliable, user upgradable auto fire mechanism that can be installed on funhouse and be controlled in a way that works with all the software scenarios needing to be considered.

With regard to code, the "use the knocker driver" solution is not ideal. Now what happens in the original game code when a knocker fires? The auto launcher fires.

We have an auto launcher control solution which is designed to play nicely with original game ROMs and be simple to integrate for programmers. Not to mention, provide a method for game programmers to detect whether or not the auto launcher has been installed of not and variations of the game. For example, "Launch the ball!" directions would make no sense if the auto launcher was already doing it for you.

This solution is designed to be universal for any of the new game kits in development looking to add auto launcher functionality, as well as, at some point, provide the ability to add ball save functionality to games where the original game code did not have it before. We have really thought all this through.

On behalf of everyone working on this funhouse project, the priorities at this time are focused around fine tuning Rudy's Nightmare and making sure all game kit owners are up and running and any bugs discovered are addressed swiftly.

When the time is right, we can move along to adding functionality for things such as auto launchers. Please hang tight and enjoy your game and know that auto launching can be addressed when the time is right.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Are you saying these is a ready to go drop in auto launcher mechanism that fits properly with the existing funhouse trough? If so, please provide me with a part number / link / source.

Not plug and play per se but easily doable.

Easy to assemble these parts into a kit:

They fit perfectly:

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=500-6091-00 for the arm part

The coil bracket is just a standard williams eject /slingshot bracket:

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-coil-bracket-a-17808.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/coil-retaining-bracket.html

and a 23-800 coil with diode and a spring:

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ae-23-800-coil.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/diode-1n4004.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=10-128

You will want to get another shooter lane metal cover to as this needs to be trimmed to remove the prongs so that the autolauncher arm can move.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1009-X0XXX

Or just trim the existing with a dremel.

Picture of it installed in Storm Blasters ( thanks to applejuice for the design and photo):

autolauncher (resized).jpgautolauncher (resized).jpg
autolauncher 2 (resized).jpgautolauncher 2 (resized).jpg

#1506 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

When the time is right, we can move along to adding functionality for things such as auto launchers. Please hang tight and enjoy your game and know that auto launching can be addressed when the time is right.

Thank you so much for this!

I will be patiently (or impatiently) waiting!

#1507 2 years ago

Not plug and play per se but easily doable.
Easy to assemble these parts into a kit:
They fit perfectly:
https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=500-6091-00 for the arm part
The coil bracket is just a standard williams eject /slingshot bracket:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-coil-bracket-a-17808.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/coil-retaining-bracket.html
and a 23-800 coil with diode and a spring:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-ae-23-800-coil.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/diode-1n4004.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=10-128
You will want to get another shooter lane metal cover to as this needs to be trimmed to remove the prongs so that the autolauncher arm can move.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1009-X0XXX
Or just trim the existing with a dremel.
Picture of it installed in Storm Blasters ( thanks to applejuice for the design and photo):
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I'll take a look at these.

I have to wonder if those 4 screws holding the mech are either a) popping through into the shooter lane or b) too shallow to have a good hold over time.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1508 2 years ago

Would you have to modify the apron to add an autolauncher? I know my apron only has a cutout for the shooter rod to fit through. Just trying to figure out how a modern kicker would work.

20220416_215520 (resized).jpg20220416_215520 (resized).jpg

#1509 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Would you have to modify the apron to add an autolauncher? I know my apron only has a cutout for the shooter rod to fit through. Just trying to figure out how a modern kicker would work.
[quoted image]

Be patient!

Autolauncher is definitely in the works!

Its gonna be awesome!

The shooter gauge cover has to be trimmed back for the prongs to fit.

A dremel cut-off wheel is awesome for this, or get new cover and trim to suit.

FAST pinball is the real deal! you wont be disappointed.

#1510 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I'll take a look at these.
I have to wonder if those 4 screws holding the mech are either a) popping through into the shooter lane or b) too shallow to have a good hold over time.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

It will hold, use 1/2" screws. Bally/Williams has done worse on other mechs and its held for years.

Worst case scenario, run a t-nut under the siderail if they strip out, but they wont.

#1511 2 years ago

It will hold, use 1/2" screws. Bally/Williams has done worse on other mechs and its held for years.
Worst case scenario, run a t-nut under the siderail if they strip out, but they wont.

I was more concerned about the location of the channel cut for the shooter lane, where it wouldn't be full thickness. I'll take a look at the funhouse shooter lane tomorrow.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#1512 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

I was more concerned about the location of the channel cut for the shooter lane, where it wouldn't be full thickness. I'll take a look at the funhouse shooter lane tomorrow.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Yeah, the 3/8" gold screws if its getting thin (there are 5 holes in the mech), but It should be ok.

#1513 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Thats exactly already done sice the beginning of beta. Jackpots are not counted and rudy is yelling at you to plunge the ball...

#1514 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Thats exactly already done sice the beginning of beta. Jackpots are not counted and rudy is yelling at you to plunge the ball...

Oh, good, then they won't have to

recode the entire game.

#1515 2 years ago

I don't know what it is about 2.0 but wow the ball goes down the left outlane a ton...I've had this game for 26 years and it's when down the left more times in a week than the entire time I've owned it. (I know this is just my playing )

I know there's a new version coming out at some point, but I want to point it out again. During the majority of modes, there is a severe lack of feedback on brick shots. Even if they make a noise and only give 10pts, most targets etc should do something.

Something I'm surprised did not make it into this game is using the loop and Rudy's mouth as skill shots. I know it is kind of built in (making multiple loops to open the trap door) but it's interesting that no one ever thought to use Rudy as a super skill shot on launch. (IE: as long as you don't do Rudy's Hideout, it activates a super skill shot on Rudy...Or...even like a loop and Rudy, etc.

Can an option be added to allow button skip (match) when on Freeplay?

Animations / art are very well done

Music is great but I do feel that during a few of the multiballs there's a lack of energy/tension, using slower/laid back songs. I haven't seen everything yet, so maybe that isn't the case for all of them.

Is the voice of Rudy and the Dark Rudy the same person? The Dark Rudy sounds very familiar - like he is the same voice guy from a bad guy on a known cartoon.

After lots of play, I do agree that 2.0 would very much benefit from an autolauncher. I think because you are not using ball locks, the average player will be confused and they simply won't shoot the ball because shooting the ball manually while you have balls in play is a real pain. Yes it is a challenge, but I don't think it is a challenge in a good way.

These are just my random thoughts, none of it is really negative. Liking it very much so far.

#1516 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know what it is about 2.0 but wow the ball goes down the left outlane a ton...I've had this game for 26 years and it's when down the left more times in a week than the entire time I've owned it. (I know this is just my playing )
I know there's a new version coming out at some point, but I want to point it out again. During the majority of modes, there is a severe lack of feedback on brick shots. Even if they make a noise and only give 10pts, most targets etc should do something.
Something I'm surprised did not make it into this game is using the loop and Rudy's mouth as skill shots. I know it is kind of built in (making multiple loops to open the trap door) but it's interesting that no one ever thought to use Rudy as a super skill shot on launch. (IE: as long as you don't do Rudy's Hideout, it activates a super skill shot on Rudy...Or...even like a loop and Rudy, etc.
Can an option be added to allow button skip (match) when on Freeplay?
Animations / art are very well done
Music is great but I do feel that during a few of the multiballs there's a lack of energy/tension, using slower/laid back songs. I haven't seen everything yet, so maybe that isn't the case for all of them.
Is the voice of Rudy and the Dark Rudy the same person? The Dark Rudy sounds very familiar - like he is the same voice guy from a bad guy on a known cartoon.
After lots of play, I do agree that 2.0 would very much benefit from an autolauncher. I think because you are not using ball locks, the average player will be confused and they simply won't shoot the ball because shooting the ball manually while you have balls in play is a real pain. Yes it is a challenge, but I don't think it is a challenge in a good way.
These are just my random thoughts, none of it is really negative. Liking it very much so far.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm happy to report that every single thing you mentioned, besides your left draining ability, is already in our database to sort out when possible.

The voices are all done by Marc Silk who also did work with TMNT.

#1517 2 years ago

My wife and I played it for hours the other night and were laughing about how cool some snoring in Nightmare Multiball accompanied with grumbles would be. Almost like a sleep apnea. That and an adult setting for some vulgarity from an insulting Rudy Really loving the game, and so has everyone that has had a chance to play it since I installed the kit. Cheers.

#1518 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Thanks for the feedback and I'm happy to report that every single thing you mentioned, besides your left draining ability, is already in our database to sort out when possible.
The voices are all done by Marc Silk who also did work with TMNT.

Ah! that makes sense.

#1519 2 years ago

I installed my funhouse 2.0 kit last night. It was well packed and arrived without any damage. The instructions were pretty good but could be a little more detailed on where the HDMI cables go on the PinSound board. But thanks to the video, it was obvious.

The only problem I encountered was the mirror display did not fit correctly, the ramp cover on the steps entrance hit the left side of the display. I bit of dremel work and I discovered the holes were not wide enough to sit on the posts. The left hole was elongated, but the right hole was not. A bit more dremel work and it went on. If both the left and right holes were enlongated, it would have fit without having to trim the ramp cover.

On booting the game I got errors about not being able to connect to USB devices. I checked all the cables and everything looked fine. Tried again and still no luck, so I removed the pinsound card and pushed down on the daughter board to ensure it was seated properly. The daughter board only has standoffs on the right side, the left side floats. After that the game booted up.

The PinSound board takes about 1 and a half minutes to boot, so be patient.

After playing a few games, I did the recommended switch test and sure enough the "E" switch caused multiple triggers. After checking the trough and other switches I noticed the switch labeled "upper left gangway rollunder" which is in the back left side of the playfield did not have a diode at all. I added a diode and the switch test stilled showed the same issues. Upon careful examination of the "E" switch it turns out the white wire was soldered to the wrong side of the diode, go figure.

Bottom line, do the switch test with balls in and out of the trough.

The display is really nice and the graphics are smooth and well done. The 1.0 games feels identical to the old game with exceptions of some of the sounds seeming slightly off, but I attribute this to the PinSound card emulating the sound rather than using the original sound card.

Upgrading the system to 0.87 was easy, just format the USB stick, copy 1 file, put it back in the Pinsound card, turn on the machine and in a few minutes it's ready to go. My only complaint other than it being a beta and the diagnostics, etc are not complete is that the ball seems to sit in the hideout too long. The screen shows the score for a few seconds, does an animation, then kicks out the ball, seems like this could be shorted a bit. And multiball without an auto launcher takes a while to get used to, sort of reminds me of Jack*bot. But who knows maybe there's a autolauncher in my future.

#1520 2 years ago
Quoted from lou:

who knows maybe there's a autolauncher in my future.

I believe there is, as FAST stated above, lots of cool stuff in the works.

#1521 2 years ago

I’m in with all the cool kids now

0010C2D5-9357-4B76-B23C-83BD433E52E7 (resized).jpeg0010C2D5-9357-4B76-B23C-83BD433E52E7 (resized).jpeg
#1522 2 years ago

This is what happens when I turn the game on
I reseated all of the connections and it does the same thing
Any ideas?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1523 2 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

reverse the HDMI cables, you have them backwards. The small screen is showing what the big screen should be showing.

#1524 2 years ago

I only get what you see on your lower screen. No upper, no GI.

#1525 2 years ago

i had what i believe to be the same problem. I swapped to the number 2 HDMI port on the large led monitor board instead of the number 1 port and it solved it.

hdmi_swap (resized).jpghdmi_swap (resized).jpg
#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Any ideas?

The usb cable from the FAST Cpu needs to go to the pinsound board. The usb cable from the big display goes to the mini screen.

#1527 2 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Any ideas?

Hello!
Please check better the connections, USB cable from Pinsound to FAST looks wrong.

HDMI looks are not connected correctly you have to swap the 2 connectors on top of Pinsound and try again.

If your problem persist you can contact your distributor directly or open a ticket here:

https://pedrettigaming.freshdesk.com/support/home

Thanks

Andrea

#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

Hello!
Please check better the connections, USB cable from Pinsound to FAST looks wrong.
HDMI looks are not connected correctly you have to swap the 2 connectors on top of Pinsound and try again.
If your problem persist you can contact your distributor directly or open a ticket here:
https://pedrettigaming.freshdesk.com/support/home
Thanks
Andrea

That worked now how do I get rid of that at the top of the dmd

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1529 2 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

That worked now how do I get rid of that at the top of the dmd[quoted image]

Make sure your HDMI cables are plugged in like Zukidog mentioned and try a reboot.

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

That worked now how do I get rid of that at the top of the dmd

You can also end up with that info by messing around with the remote/screen adjuster dongle thing. Guessing that's not what happened, but you can probably remove that info by plugging that in and then exiting out with whatever the only button on the remote that works is.

#1531 2 years ago

I got a new 34(note 34, not 30, as I was mistaken) pin cable and now my sound works on 1.0.

A few things.

Is there a way to adjust Rudy's voice vs the sounds/music. He is really buried under everything else.

Also, I assume this is because of going from analogue to digital sound, but the overall quality actually seems much lower(lower bitrate?) than the original. Anyone else that went from Sys-11 to this notice these things?
Thanks.

Also just noticed none of my flashers are working. They were before the swap so tracking that down.

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I got a new 34(note 34, not 30, as I was mistaken) pin cable and now my sound works on 1.0.
A few things.
Is there a way to adjust Rudy's voice vs the sounds/music. He is really buried under everything else.
Also, I assume this is because of going from analogue to digital sound, but the overall quality actually seems much lower(lower bitrate?) than the original. Anyone else that went from Sys-11 to this notice these things?
Thanks.
Also just noticed none of my flashers are working. They were before the swap so tracking that down.

Great insight as always Zablon and you are correct. With the new Pinsound board incorporated into the original Funhouse; it has brought to life some original FH sounds that weren't audible before (listen closely here/there), which is great, but at the same time Rudy's voice could definitely use a bump up at times. Hence the analog/digital as you mentioned and trying to find the perfect balance.

This isn't user configurable...yet. However, it is in the database of things to get to and will be adjusted / hopefully user configurable in the end, and thank you for sharing regardless. Also, kuddos for still being a purist and playing the original.

I give you my word that nothing gets overlooked with Pedretti_Gaming for sure, and if you can't track down/fix your flashers, shoot me a pm and we can hopefully figure that out on a side note.

#1533 2 years ago

Received mine on Thursday and installed it that evening in about an hour.
A couple notes on installation:
1)It isn’t particularly clear in the instructions where the mini screen USB cable goes. Step 11 instructions Should say “Connect the USB from the Mini display to the large display”
2) The wiring of the base speaker is in series with the backbox speakers such that you need to repin or replace the connector.

Other than that , powered it on and everything was good. I did find as mentioned that the original audio is a little off balance as discussed here already.
With it ready to go I invited a local pinhead over to play. I must say we were pretty surprised by how much fun the new FH 2.0 is to play.
I was skeptical about the callouts and voice but After a few games it’s was clear that I needn’t be, the voice is great and now it IS Rudy.
The modes are a lot of fun and the animations are top notch. I love me some Duck Hunt!

Really great Job Pedretti and all you Beta Testers!

#1534 2 years ago

Glad you like it!

#1535 2 years ago

Installed mine today and it won’t boot.

Sometimes screens come to this, sometimes not.

Blue light on pin sound board

I also have a little board with a 5 pin connector, no idea where it goes. And a tv remote.

Any help?

Thanks
Mike

29C343CD-F989-4CB7-915A-EEE44AB0362E (resized).jpeg29C343CD-F989-4CB7-915A-EEE44AB0362E (resized).jpeg39FD4790-0066-4C67-BFFA-A200B89DF0F3 (resized).jpeg39FD4790-0066-4C67-BFFA-A200B89DF0F3 (resized).jpeg43A87AD4-F81C-47C8-BCD3-B36AB2482282 (resized).jpeg43A87AD4-F81C-47C8-BCD3-B36AB2482282 (resized).jpeg8B855C19-B1CB-47E2-804B-AE9F2E1FBE33 (resized).jpeg8B855C19-B1CB-47E2-804B-AE9F2E1FBE33 (resized).jpeg
#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Installed mine today and it won’t boot.
Sometimes screens come to this, sometimes not.
Blue light on pin sound board
I also have a little board with a 5 pin connector, no idea where it goes. And a tv remote.
Any help?
Thanks
Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check that your ribbon cables are properly oriented and fully seated.

Don't worry about the remote. It is for the big display adjustments, but the default settings are as perfect as it gets.

#1537 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Check that your ribbon cables are properly oriented and fully seated.
Don't worry about the remote. It is for the big display adjustments, but the default settings are as perfect as it gets.

I think I have a bad pin sound board. I’ve gotten this thing to boot to the game twice. Problem is, it blows f115 upon boot up, so I have no switches. This was a perfectly working funhouse from my rental fleet, no service calls. I checked it out before the install. Most times I get the blue dot of death on pin sound. Sometimes if I wiggle the new 12v/ground connector on the pin sound board, it’ll power on and off.

#1538 2 years ago

I think I have a bad pin sound board. I’ve gotten this thing to boot to the game twice. Problem is, it blows f115 upon boot up, so I have no switches. This was a perfectly working funhouse from my rental fleet, no service calls. I checked it out before the install. Most times I get the blue dot of death on pin sound. Sometimes if I wiggle the new 12v/ground connector on the pin sound board, it’ll power on and off.

I had the same problem with the blue light on the pinsound card. I thought it was a problem with the ribbon cable, but it wasn’t. The issue was with the daughter card that has the hdmi ports on it. Make sure the card is seated. The daughter card has a raspberry Pi on it. The card plugs into the main pinsound card, but it’s pins are really short so it’s easy to pop some of the pins out if the card becomes crooked.

#1539 2 years ago

Thanks for more clarification.

Check your PM's and we will get to the bottom of this together.

Also, definitely take chillme advice and see if that sorts things in the meantime.

#1540 2 years ago

Hi Everyone, Just installed Funhouse 2.0 and the game seems to be stuck in a start-up loop. I reseated all cables, tried new ribbon cables and double checked the installation instructions to ensure that I connected everything correctly. I am getting an enter for test report message but coin door buttons are not functioning now with this install so I can not get into the test feature and each screen cycles through so quickly I can't do anything. Prior to installation, I checked switches and installed 2 new blue stand-up targets and insured that the diodes were soldered to the correct lugs. This loop continues for about 2 minutes with each screen lasting only about a quarter of a second. Eventually the large display just goes to gray and then nothing. I took Rudy's face off to make sure there were no balls. The game worked prior to installation. Here is the video. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WdIitH_zuJuBHRtDg4VIzmiODkxEFWWQ/view?usp=sharing

#1541 2 years ago
Quoted from retropins:

Hi Everyone, Just installed Funhouse 2.0 and the game seems to be stuck in a start-up loop. I reseated all cables, tried new ribbon cables and double checked the installation instructions to ensure that I connected everything correctly. I am getting an enter for test report message but coin door buttons are not functioning now with this install so I can not get into the test feature and each screen cycles through so quickly I can't do anything. Prior to installation, I checked switches and installed 2 new blue stand-up targets and insured that the diodes were soldered to the correct lugs. This loop continues for about 2 minutes with each screen lasting only about a quarter of a second. Eventually the large display just goes to gray and then nothing. I took Rudy's face off to make sure there were no balls. The game worked prior to installation. Here is the video. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WdIitH_zuJuBHRtDg4VIzmiODkxEFWWQ/view?usp=sharing

I notice you are on .86 code. Please update to .87 code and if your problems persist please PM me

https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads/

https://www.pinballremakes.com/how-to/

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from retropins:

Looks like what happen to me!!!
It’s actually super easy fix.
Check the wiring on the start button.
I just had to move the ground wire to the other tap.

Your start button is always on and is just doing the 5 second reset.

#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Hi, I tried switching the ground on the start button and getting the same results. System is in a loop and then after about 2 minutes of cycling through, the large display goes gray. Can you send me a picture of how your start button is wired? Thanks.

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from retropins:

Hi, I tried switching the ground on the start button and getting the same results. System is in a loop and then after about 2 minutes of cycling through, the large display goes gray. Can you send me a picture of how your start button is wired? Thanks.

Maybe disconnect the start button temporarily to see if it helps.

If not maybe look elsewhere.

#1545 1 year ago

I’m getting somewhere…

I turn the game on. After 2-3 minutes I get the blue light on pinsound. After another 2-3 minutes the light changes to green. Half the time the G.I. lights and the game is ready to go (but no large display). The other half of the time the G.I. lights go on, the light turns green, then immediately to blue. The start button still blinks. If I hit it, the lights dim and the small display goes off.

No matter which hdmi slot I use on the large display, it’s still dead all of the time.

Any ideas on what to try before I open a ticket?

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I’m getting somewhere…
I turn the game on. After 2-3 minutes I get the blue light on pinsound. After another 2-3 minutes the light changes to green. Half the time the G.I. lights and the game is ready to go (but no large display). The other half of the time the G.I. lights go on, the light turns green, then immediately to blue. The start button still blinks. If I hit it, the lights dim and the small display goes off.
No matter which hdmi slot I use on the large display, it’s still dead all of the time.
Any ideas on what to try before I open a ticket?

If anyone ever experiences any issues after an installation, it is always encouraged first and foremost to open a ticket with his/her respectful distributor.

If you don't hear back from your distributor in a timely manner, you then should open up a ticket with Pedretti next :

https://pedrettigaming.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

At the same time, sharing issues here is also just as valuable. The other early adopters here have a plethora of knowledge with the original FH, with FH 2.0 now, and are on the same page to help all have fun.

Things to share here and with your distributor etc. to move things along progressively are :

1 - Description of your issues...obviously
2 - Pictures of your boards / wiring / plugs
3 - Video from power on / throughout your issues with your explanation if possible
4 - Clear image of your boot screen as to which firmware/software is currently installed in your machine
5 - Anything else that can help us all help you

^^^ With your previously mentioned issues, I would highly suggest to make sure your small ribbon cable is fully seated on the FAST Cpu, make sure that your Usb cable is also secure from the FAST Cpu to the Pinsound board (not to the mini-display), try switching the big HDMI cables on the top of the Pinsound board, open a ticket up with your distributor, and PM me at the same time with the 1-5 also.

We could have a quick Skype tomorrow if you're able to and sort right through this at the same time hopefully.

P.S. This is a safe and easy way to send files through an email / or to upload files to get a copy/past link for others to view :

https://wetransfer.com/

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

I switched the ground wire to a different lug on the start button and now I have the correct start-up screen on the large display where I can choose from the original game or 2.0. I ordered a new start button because it is not allowing me to start a game, except for one time, when I repeatedly depressed the start button. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks again!

#1548 1 year ago

Stupid question:
How to switch between original and 2.0 ?
Only via reboot ??

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Stupid question:
How to switch between original and 2.0 ?
Only via reboot ??

Push and hold the start button for 5 seconds

#1550 1 year ago

The version I updated to says .87_beta , is that the lastest?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.