right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #37 Promo video Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #38 Preorder link for PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #121 Promo photos Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (2 years ago)

Post #672 Review and instructions from an early adopter Posted by pinballonthemark (2 years ago)

Post #693 Gameplay video 1 Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Post #694 Gameplay video 2 Posted by stumblor (2 years ago)

Post #716 Gamplay video 3 and 1.0 gameplay video Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1116 Ramp Switches - Important checks for 2.0 to work correctly Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 2 years ago

Yeah, the idea of new rules sounds fun, but I hope there is a partial package available for those who already have pinblades and don't care for that backglass re-do.

#47 2 years ago

A color dmd on Funhouse is sweet, and the mirror replaced with a mini screen is really cool.
Can you play the original game on it also?

** Edit. Well. After ten minutes of deep thinking. I'm on the list. LOL, can't wait to get this!

#51 2 years ago

Dammit. You're going to cost me 2 grand!

#60 2 years ago

The wife says " just get it, you only live once." I probably shouldn't have mentioned it in front of evil rudy, but now he wants his kit!

IMG_20200805_110413993 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_110413993 (resized).jpg
#105 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

There are none iavailable at any reseller at this point ... but will be soon in batches, which is why we are not taking money until they are in our hands or imminent.
Team PPS

Will you be responding to emails to let us know where we stand on your list? I just want to be sure my email was received.

#120 2 years ago

It would be very cool to see a clip of some gameplay/ new modes while we wait. Having decided to buy, this is pretty much all I will be thinking about until I open the hood for the terror of installation

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are great pics! The backglass actually looks better in that pic than the original photo... It may grow on me the speaker panel and display are just amazing.
Now can you quit playing on the computer and get this kit to my house!

#142 2 years ago

They said it runs the original roms on the board in original mode, so wouldn't that use the same sound/voices?
Also, I think I prefer the new version as a new voice rather than an attempting sound the same, which would surely disappoint. This way, I can think of the new mode as Rudy's nightmare voice and realize it is different for a reason. I'm psyched for this!

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Size I'd argue would have changed, but thats just my guess.

Oh, shit. I hadn't thought of that!

#167 2 years ago

So, I realize we are all going to come up with nit picky questions, but the one about Rudy is one I would be curious about. I had assumed Rudy would be functioning during the game, and now I'm wondering if he is not active at all unless you beat the game? It would seem odd playing with his eyes closed the whole time. I think gameplay clips are going to be key in order to get people to bite.

#236 2 years ago

Why post that again?

1 week later
#253 2 years ago

We need some more info to keep the juices flowing! How are things coming along?

#256 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its totally reversable unless you install the side art blades.
I have decided not to install the new artwork, it doesnt move me as much as the original art does.

I think the question is, while the kit is installed, does the display emulate the old school display, or does the new tech carry over and add the fancy display to the original code. At least that is one thing I'm wondering about.

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Yep!
I have only this photo from some local testing handy, but you'll get the idea.
Aaron
FAST Pinball [quoted image]

That's kinda sexy.

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Personally, I cannot. I have not played a BOP 2.0.
I think we can let the buyers comment when they get their hands on their kits.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

I mean, I'm pretty free this weekend.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Have you switched back and forth on a Bride 2.0? Close, but not the same. My hot take since I have a BOP 2.0 is I played the original game once since installing the kit. Once you make your game and gameplay so much more advanced with all new levels, play and music, it makes it hard to go back to the original. I'll be happy to be proven wrong with FH 2.0, but that's been a lot of people's experience with POB 2.0.

I haven't played that one. But I'd love for you to be right!

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

The conversation about Rudy's new voice misses the huge issue of his mouth movement being originally programmed for each and every spoken word. The original programming took literally hundreds of hours to perfect this. I've asked this question in this forum a few times and haven't gotten an answer. We have no indication from the teaser video that Rudy's mouth will continue to follow his spoken words in the Rudy's Nightmare game mode. If the mouth doesn't move to the new dialogue, then it's a large part of the game to miss out on.
Can anyone comment on what I'm asking?

This, to me, will be a bigger deciding factor than the voice. I'm ok with a weird voice for the nightmare game instead of a cheesy near-miss Rudy impersonation. But if Rudy's head just sits there lifeless.... I dunno. I think it's a mistake to have this waiting time for people to think of every negative aspect before deciding to order.

#310 2 years ago

That's so cool that it's so simple to pick which game you want to play!

#329 2 years ago

Looking for info on a claim. I'm going to need a reimbursement for my phone as I've worn it out hitting refresh on my inbox looking for my order.

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I think with all the improvements in 2.0 that one of the more obvious upgrades is to swap out the factory speakers.
So, what is the better upgrade, flipper fidelity, pinsound or other?

It comes with speakers in the speaker panel.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Huh, you are right. I didn’t see what type of speakers they include they say “high quality” but it still might be beneficial to opt for a kit.

I have flipper fidelity in mine already, so I'm gonna try theirs out and see if I wanna swap

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mission accomplished too ! My first fun house
[quoted image][quoted image]

I bet Rudy can't wait for you to un color-bomb his backglass

#348 2 years ago

It's been 13 minutes, let's go!!!!

#361 2 years ago

It's really hard to tell from the video how gameplay is. Not sure what I was expecting, but it's hard to tell what the objectives are and if there are different goals or it's basically a retheme with the same shots. I mean, I guess it's not like they could really create "new" shots.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Rather disappointing honestly

I'm still wanting to love this. I'm hoping it's just a weak preview and that gameplay video will seem more fluid and inspired. I think they'd be helping themselves out to release a quick vid of an actual game before people dismiss it.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Animations in the LCD look great, really looks like a nice product. Can't wait for the finished product to be available for purchase!

That feeling of excitement to see a new video. Only to see that it's someone reposting the same video from days ago...

#429 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Do you mean in hopes of seeing a better video that actually makes you want to get the kit?

LOL, of course! I really think if we see gameplay video we are going to be happy. It seems like they have their act together and put a lot of work into this.

**Fingers crossed

#441 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

This really takes a good game to the next level. Had the opportunity to play it this weekend and it was a blast![quoted image]

I really hope that isn't a spelling error on the mini screen. Looks like it should say "collect ten minutes to light mirror"?
The grammar police are big here and that would drive me insane

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Must be a European thing. My Jolly Ride uses lits when it should be lights...
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5085&picno=28785

I understand the idea of releasing teasers to create a buzz, but making people wait after that release like this is making it tough not to nitpick every little thing while I probably would have just insta bought this mod now I really am not sure with all of these questions floating around. Hope in the end everything works out and this mod is awesome. Looking at that message on the mirror would remind me of the "extra balle" message of fishtales.
The Rudy image behind the score looks cool, and hopefully we can all be pleasantly surprised when we finally get to see gameplay.

1 week later
#467 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think earlier in the thread they said they reached out but he never responded.

Maybe a sound board issue?

2 weeks later
#555 2 years ago

I sent an email almost instantly a

Quoted from Wariodolby:

Has anyone else got confirmation email? I still have not.
Did it first day asap !!

I signed up immediately and I dont recall a confirmation.

1 week later
#632 2 years ago

Hoping to lose enough weight to fit into the large Tshirt

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Or hope that they’re going with Midwestern sizing!
I once went to buy a shirt in Wisconsin while visiting for a funeral. There was a Walmart across the road from our hotel. I walked over there to get a tee shirt. (For the life of me, I can’t remember why I needed a new tee shirt in the middle of a trip.) I’m a tall, skinny dude. Nothing fits me quite right. I normally go with extra large tee shirts even though they are a bit roomy around the torso.
When I found the shirts, I rifled through the stack and found an XL. That sucker was like a five person tent! I found another one, thinking it was simply mislabeled. Nope. All the XL shirts were big enough to pitch several sleeping bags in. I wound up buying a medium. Apparently, California and Wisconsin do not share a common size language.

So I should move west and consider myself a medium! Sweet!

#657 2 years ago

Gameplay vid before the 31st bump!

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I have to admit...I would buy this just for the classic mode if that is all it had. I just want the nice color screen which is something that I always thought would be great for funhouse.....

I don't believe it will be a color display for the original, unless you count white or orange which is what the numbers appear to be. It's not like the original version will have added graphics or animations. At least that's my understanding.

#689 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Andrea @ Pedretti (and Janos, the coder) have both been massively appreciative of our efforts. Between that and the knowledge that we've helped in some small way to bring this product to life - that is more than enough!
Videos coming tonight!

Cool! It's gonna be snowing here so it'll give us something to look forward to

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

We're doing what we can.
More unbridled videos to come soon ... including the original Funhouse

That's cool. I would like to see the original play briefly, just to see that it feels true to the stock game.

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Pinball lovers,Here is some 1.0 gameplay

And some more extended 2.0 gameplay

Sorry if video quality is not 4K standard in the upload some compression took place.
Enjoy!!

I'm wondering if it's overexposure by the camera, or the while display looks too bright?;is it pretty much black behind the scores in 1.0? Brightness turned up too high?

#737 2 years ago

Not that anyone asked, but here are my thoughts...
I feel like I am 99 percent going to go thru with this purchase. I've been watching these a few times and while I really don't love the voice, I think I will be ok with it. It is what it is. I know I will never try to change clips in the software, so I am hoping for some of the above suggestions to be implemented. I too enjoy Rudy's taunting and I like the out of character clips in here making him seem possessed
I agree that any time you hit him in the mouth, he should react, when it goes in there and there is no sound, it seems like something isn't working. You will never make everyone totally happy, and I get that. I think it's cool to add almost a new game to an existing one, but I will probably miss the "real" display while playing the original game. The mirror too, although I guess the replicated bulbs are at least functionally the same.
Sucks for me that I have upgraded speakers and a new pinscore display recently added to my game that will be replaced and sitting in a box with the boards, but who knew? It would be a perfect kit for a restoration of a blown out game with beat boards, speakers, display, etc.

Anyway, assuming the original feels close enough, I'm hoping for an alternate version that will be cool and amusing, and just the idea of playing my existing game with a color display is friggin awesome. Looking forward to more positive additions and getting this kit in my game. Thanks for all the work, guys.

#776 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

For anyone that might be worried about HighVoltage 's creative credentials, I suggest you checkout his website.
https://ccpinball.square.site/
By the way your business name is being used by someone else.
https://www.circuit-circus.com/

Move on then.

LMAO! Nice topper

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

For the time being you have to shut off the machine to switch between games. Maybe in the future there will be a better option . Most of it also have to do with the original funhouse code that cannot be altered . So to switch from 2.0 to 1.0 is better to do then 1.0 to 2.0 on return menu. But never say never, our awesome coder is always innovating

I really want this mod and I'm focusing on the positive, but this isn't good. There would have to be a way to toggle back and forth to make this a seamless upgrade. Shutting the game down to switch seems harsh and not professional to me. Not trying to pile on here, but that's a deal breaker that should be looked into.

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As they probably cannot make changes to the 1.0 code, and I assume that you don't want to have to open the coin door, how would you propose they make that happen with just 2 flipper buttons and a start button? A secret flipper code? Hitting the coin ejects? Basically, things that are not realistic in the environments where I think people would take issue with having to shut the game off to change modes...
They could potentially put something in the menu for 2.0 to go to 1.0, but going from 1.0 to 2.0 might be problematic. Would need to see how exactly the initial menu works, and if they can dump back into it after each game...but people would complain about that extra step of having to choose each time too.

Here ya go....

Our FAST Controller will identify a very long press of the start button and throw an event to the SBI running the display. The developer would then be able to present the option screen to select between 1.0 and 2.0 games.

This will be a standard feature on all 2.0 games that developers can use and provide a consistent experience across all the FAST controlled 2.0 games.

This feature is not yet implemented in FHRN, but will be.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

Thanks, Aaron... That was FAST!

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Cmon, drama much? How often would a player go back and forth between 1.0 and 2.0 in a single playsession? Rarely imo.
Also, pinballs are rugged machines that can handle a lot of beating so powercycling the game a few times is a non issue, don't make this into a problem it isn't please.
I bet 99% of players will want to experience the new 2.0 version and not the 30 year old code they are tired of anyway.

Well, that's what makes the world go 'round. Seems like it's solved now anyway, but that switching between games would have been important to me. Not looking for drama, as I said I support this project and look forward to it.

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

If anybody was wondering on the brightness washout on the 1.0 video ,this is what it looks like when looking at the screen from a normal view so you also can see individual segments like the old one. Good contrast and brightness also on the 1.0 version.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting, that does look nice!

#867 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I'm ready to go......
[quoted image]

As much as that defeats the purpose of being able to switch back and forth, it would be pretty freaking cool to have a version one next to a version two with the different art and displays!

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I'm in the same situation but would never sell my Houdini. I'm thinking about selling my TWD to fund my 2.0 Funhouse and a LOV.
Priorities...

Glad you kept FH now, right?!

2 weeks later
#910 2 years ago

Nice! Quit typing and start shipping!

3 weeks later
#1108 2 years ago

Still patiently (kinda) waiting for mine.

#1130 2 years ago

Man, I sent a deposit early on and still haven't heard anything

#1136 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Shipping was 30.00 then, and now an additional 95.00 now.

Screw that!

#1150 2 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Order: R763678213 | Date: 11-19-2021
Flat Rate shipping of $25, and it's out for delivery today!(signature required, so they say)

25 bucks sounds fair. 100 does not.

1 week later
#1309 2 years ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

I also have two wires. Will swap wires and report back.
[quoted image]

Damn, that soldering job!!

1 week later
#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from Pedretti_Gaming:

After the huge success of our kit we are pleased to present our Alternative limited BACKGLASS for Funhouse2.0 Rudy's Nightmare!
LIMITED TO 200 UNITES WORLDWIDE!
Soon available here: https://www.pinballremakes.com/negozio/
And in our distributors shops![quoted image]

In my opinion, that translite is much nicer. Would be cool if you could order the kit with that instead of having to buy both to get that one.

3 weeks later
#1579 1 year ago

Would have been great to see a 2.0 at pinfest today in Allentown. Was hoping to play one in person I saw a banner and was hopeful for a second

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yzfguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare?tu=yzfguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.