right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #37 Promo video Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #38 Preorder link for PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #121 Promo photos Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (2 years ago)

Post #672 Review and instructions from an early adopter Posted by pinballonthemark (2 years ago)

Post #693 Gameplay video 1 Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Post #694 Gameplay video 2 Posted by stumblor (2 years ago)

Post #716 Gamplay video 3 and 1.0 gameplay video Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1116 Ramp Switches - Important checks for 2.0 to work correctly Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chillme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#601 2 years ago

Received email from PPS to place a deposit, done.

#615 2 years ago

Looking at the Pinsound XL card, it has two HDMI ports, so it's a bit different than the standard boards.

https://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-xl

I have a pinsound in my TZ and it helped pump up the sound since it has adjustments for treble, mids, bass.

#620 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Dials are on the middle of the card.

totally missed that, need a better pictures, they looked like caps when blowing it up.

#636 2 years ago

I would not be surprised if the shirts are European sized since it's an Italian company. Sizes are really small.

1 month later
#922 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Anyone with the kit know how the video signal gets to the LCD? Is it an HDMI connection?

The kit uses the pinsound XL card, which has two HDMI outputs, so it's a bit different then the other pinsound cards.

https://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-xl/

2 weeks later
#1109 2 years ago

Received email from Sarah at PPS, my order is almost ready. Their kits should be arriving soon.

Getting closer....

#1123 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

It does not require it. I do not have an LED OCD in any of my games.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Aaron, I have the LED OCD modules installed, so it sounds like I should pull those out before installing my kit, yes?

#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Just received my final invoice from Planetary! Shipping was a bit more than anticipated and Sara put a nice note in the invoice request detailing why to help avoid confusion. Just a heads up since I didn't see the note at the bottom of the email at first glance. Really looking forward to this kit. Still have to beat the previous owners highscore before I do the install and it gets reset though!

Same here

#1143 2 years ago

My additional shipping for my order was $81.83. Rates are inline to what gets charged, and I would guess it has insurance which bumps it up. Fedex/UPS are adding fuel charges. Original shipping on the deposit was $28.17, $110 Total.

#1153 2 years ago

We ship a lot with our business and I ran a quick quote since it did not seem out of line. It's not, amazon has made everybody think shipping is free. Shipping these days is crazy. Somebody charging $25 to ship is eating a lot of the price. Which is nice for the customer.

#1172 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:PPS just sent out an email stating that the shipping costs were decreased. Didn't say how much yet. Those that paid will get a refund.

Received my refund. Nice they went back to Fedex.

#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:Two part post.
I haven’t had a chance to look into this issue yet mainly because it isn’t easy to pull the glass on my machines the way they are set up. For some reason my game now tilts when hitting the “e” target. Is this possibly a known issue or do I need to add this to the list of things I need to address next time I dig into this machine?

Maybe wires are crossed, what happens when you engage the plumb bob tilt? The tilt and step "E" are both on the white-yellow row. Plumb bob column in the matrix is green-brown and the E is green-blue. Might be worth it to check cabling.

#1199 2 years ago

Getting ready for my kit, I just tested my ramp switches and found the two are swapped.

#1202 2 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

I did read something and someone had pictures. But I didn’t understand…. As the switches all work 100% in test mode and gameplay on 1.0 why would they need to be changed. I will have to do some homework on what the steps should be like via YouTube or something. I am also really liking it so far. Actually a lot more than I thought I would. However these two issues I would very much like to get fixed.

Just make sure each switch is registered correctly (the picture has each switch being tested pointed too). Switch 38 steps track upper and switch 48 ramp exit were swapped on mine. Never noticed anything wrong in 1.0 and all seemed to be working.

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Any word yet when the next round of kits will will be shipping? Per planetary pinball, I was late pre-ordering,Nov 23rd, and would hopefully be in the next run. Not sad about getting one yet since it gives time for the code to develop and my restoration to be competed. Just curious really. Impressed on how this whole project is evolving.
Not sure on what restrictions are for the next 2.0 kit. If any pin, I’d say the system 11 high speed pin.

Paid my PPS invoice last week, still waiting on a shipping notification. I know Sarah said they were hoping for the first round of kits any day.

#1311 2 years ago

Same here, getting closer.

#1345 2 years ago

Congrats guys!!!, mine is still making it's way east. Fedex says Monday, it's going to be a long weekend.

#1347 2 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

In going through the game, which is new to me, wanted to check and see if mine is wired correctly. The switch check mentioned earlier seems right.
What i wanted to ask was regarding lamps. I have several tests where more than one lamp lights. On lamp test 14 ,both gangway and lite extra ball illuminate, as well lamp 16 where both lite again. Lamp 24, both 10 amd 25 minutes lamps light as with lamp 26, lamp 34 the 20 minute and 1 hour light together, as it does for lamp 36, lamp 44, 4 hour and 5 minute light as does lamp 46, lamp 54, fun house frenzy and score 500000 when lit light, as does lamp 56. Steps S light causes white pop bumper to light, lamp 64 both 250k and gangway light as does 66, on lamp 74 the light million and light superdogs light as does lamp 76. And finally lamp 84 the e and the steps light together as they do in lamp 86
They did this with incandescent bulbs as well as leds non ghosting.
Can someone let me know if this is perhaps correct for this machine?

Not correct, you have something up with your lamp matrix. Using a volt meter you can check the header on the driver board. Sounds like you might have a blown IC or bad diode.

#1404 2 years ago

Received my kit today and installed it tonight. Ran into a little glitch with the install. When I turned the machine on, the Pedretti was displayed on the main screen and the mini screen. In the upper left corner "pinball login:" prompt would eventually display. And after a couple minutes the status light on the Pinsound XL card went from white to purple. On the board the legend says purple is a ribbon cable issue. I swapped out the cable from another machine and still had the same issue.

Since I had nothing to loose, I decided to try and upgrade to the .87 firmware. Loaded the image onto the USB drive and loaded it into the system. Turned the machine on and let it sit for 5 minutes or so. Nothing on the screen but the same Pedretti logo.

As a last resort, ended up pulling the sound card and reseating the Pi daughter card. It did not feel like it was fully seated when I pulled the daughter card, it popped off real easy. Reinstalled the card and powered the machine up.

This time it started doing the upgrade. The pinsound card status light was still changing to purple. But during the upgrade the pinsound firmware was updated. After this happened, the status light went from white to green. Once all the firmware was installed, the game booted up and was running.

Ran thru the switch tests under 2.0 and all looks good. Played a game and liked what I saw.

I had also installed a shaker motor and that does add to the game.

Now off to play some games. Really impressed with everything that is included, a very well thought out package.

#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It should be stuck to the bottom corners of the display panel.

mine didn’t have the tape on the corners of the panel.

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Greetings - just to make sure I’m ready whenever my kit ships, this ships with a new wiring harness for the speakers and is wired for stereo - correct? Just wanted to make sure I didn’t need to make/purchase one before it arrives.

Correct, it's fully plug-n- play. Check out the installation instructions. https://www.pinballremakes.com

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ah okay! Good to know. I'll check that.

What the color of the status light on the pinsound card? Should be white, if it's purple it's a problem with the ribbon cable.

#1475 2 years ago

There’s a Pi4 compute module on the Pinsound XL card, that’s what takes so long to boot.

1 week later
#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

This is what happens when I turn the game on
I reseated all of the connections and it does the same thing
Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

reverse the HDMI cables, you have them backwards. The small screen is showing what the big screen should be showing.

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I think I have a bad pin sound board. I’ve gotten this thing to boot to the game twice. Problem is, it blows f115 upon boot up, so I have no switches. This was a perfectly working funhouse from my rental fleet, no service calls. I checked it out before the install. Most times I get the blue dot of death on pin sound. Sometimes if I wiggle the new 12v/ground connector on the pin sound board, it’ll power on and off.

I had the same problem with the blue light on the pinsound card. I thought it was a problem with the ribbon cable, but it wasn’t. The issue was with the daughter card that has the hdmi ports on it. Make sure the card is seated. The daughter card has a raspberry Pi on it. The card plugs into the main pinsound card, but it’s pins are really short so it’s easy to pop some of the pins out if the card becomes crooked.

2 weeks later
#1585 1 year ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Ok got it to boot. Had to format and burn a new image to the SD card for the Pinsound board. Seems like the connection of the PI is super delicate so it’s easy to lose connection to the main board. Once I pressed it down it seems to work but anytime I unplug or plug a cable it loses contact again. Need to play more games to see if nudging and shaking also loosens it. Crossing fingers it won’t.

That daughter card should really be held on with screw on standoff's. The pegs included really are not the right size for the daughter card. Far to easy to pop it off and the pins on the pinsound card are so short. I haven't had time to measure and look for something else to make it more secure.

3 weeks later
#1652 1 year ago

Updated to .88 without issue. You do loose high scores in both 1.0 and 2.0.

Happy to see the update!!!

1 week later
#1713 1 year ago

If you need to adjust the screen, hook up the sensor and use the remote to adjust the settings (contrast, brightness, etc). My display was dialed in, so no adjustment needed.

2 weeks later
#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Is the pinsound shaker motor integrated yet in Rudy 2.0?

Yes, it's integrated for both 1.0/2.0 game modes.

3 weeks later
#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Got the menu- only accesible from the original game after selecting. Original game plays great and the same- still trying to find my way in 2.0. the balls wont lock at the top, they spit out and just say 1st ball locked, and so on and then you have to plunge them during multiball

thats the way the lock works in 2.0.

#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

thats the way the lock works in 2.0.

Quoted from UVAJED:

^^^ For now..

Cool, can't wait. Sounds like some good updates coming again.

3 weeks later
#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

I just got my kit And seems to not be booting up properly. The small screen is showing with the large green should be displaying and the large screen does not do anything.
[quoted image]

swap you HDMI cables on the pinsound card.

#1879 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

How do you turn on speaker lights ? Or was this something someone just added on? Also what is the remote for ? I pushed severalbuttons and doesn’t do anything at all

The IR sensor plugs into the board for the monitor and the remote allows you to access the monitor menu for adjustments. Screens seem to be setup perfectly out of the box, so no adjustment is needed.

Speaker lights are no included with the kit.

#1904 1 year ago
Quoted from MC35:

Looking for help. I've had 2.0 installed for a few months now. Today I was met with no video or sound and a blue LED on the pinsound board (Engine Error).
Driver board is pushing out all correct voltages, reseated all connectors, pulled driver board to check for cold solder. Everything looks good.
Where do I go from here.

Double check the daughter card on the pinsound card and make sure it squared up on the card. The pins are real short and doesn't take much for them to wiggle out. I had the blue LED and this was my problem.

#1914 1 year ago
Quoted from NCBill:

So, while I wait on my 2.0 kit and reading all the posts here, I haven't seen anyone ask about this situation: I added a WPC "No-Pop" board to my Funhouse to avoid the loud speaker pop on turn on/off that happened. (I was in an apartment at the time.) Will the PinSound board in the kit eliminate the need for this? Or will it create an issue if left in? Thanks for any thoughts!

Yes, the pinsound board eliminates the capacitor pop. You can just leave the no-pop board out.

#1923 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

My game is stuck in an infinite loop. See video here:
I believe all of the cables are properly connected. I have tried re-seating cables, and even installed a new ribbon cable between the MPU and power driver boards. When booting up, the light on the sound card goes from white, to blue, and then eventually to green. Look at 1:00 to see the system recycle. I didn't hook up the cable to the sub in the cabinet yet, but everything else is hooked up. BTW, I tried to submit a ticket to Pedretti, but it won't let me log in to the system to check on my ticket, even though I registered my email.

Check the daughter card, you might need to reset it. The plastic stand offs holding the card on do not work all that well. It would be better off if they used screw stand off posts. The pings on the daughter card are really short, so it only needs to be slightly off for the Raspberry pi to not be able to interface to the rest of the system.

#1930 1 year ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

Is there a trick to removing and reseating the daughter board on the sound card? Those plastic clips are holding tight and I don't want to break anything.

A pair of needle nose pilers can be used to squeeze the tip of the stand off, this will allow you to pull the card off working one at a time.

1 week later
#1943 1 year ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

So I went to turn on my Funhouse 2.0 today and I got an error to check fuse 115. Checked it and the fuse Is good. Even replaced it just in case and it’s still gives the error. Is this a software reinstall .88 problem or an actual physical issue?
Also I just realized I have one of the earlier kits with the short HDMI wire where you can’t pull the playfield up with out unplugging the wire. Luckily I noticed before breaking anything but are they switching these wires out for the longer ones?
Thanks
EDIT just did the update Again and it still comes up. I can’t even get into a test menu to try anything

That is typically a power issue from the power driver board. Check the connectors - J114. I had the F115 error on my twilight zone and BR1 was bad, which seems to be common. The pinwiki is a good place to start.

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Williams_WPC#Check_fuses_F114_and_F115_message

#1965 1 year ago

All your connections look good and the same as mine.

Board should have a green light for ext1, then a pulsing blue light for ext1, and a green light for shaker power. (blue light will pulse once the pinsound card is booted).

IMG_2809 (resized).jpegIMG_2809 (resized).jpeg
#1977 1 year ago

I don't think you have a bad motor. It's an AC motor.

Motor voltage is 12V AC from the AC side of the power driver board/cabinet.

Check the leads to the motor and make sure the connections are good.

#1979 1 year ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I tested one of my stern machines too and the 9v spun it no problems. Spinning this by hand is not smooth, it kinda drags and grinds.

check the counter weights and make sure they are not mounted too far inward. They have a set screw (at least mine do). Ideally take the wreights off and check the motor.

#1983 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The way to tell easily is put a paper clip on it to see if it sticks or grabs on the case.
This is why a 9v battery can turn an ac motor.
Lots if motors are universal these days.
I havent tested my pinsound shaker but i imagine its 12v instead of the 24v for stern?
All handled by the motion control board.

Makes sense on the motor. I checked the voltage with a meter and it was 12 volts ac. It could just be one of the weights binding and not installed correctly. If it's rubbing that will cause problems.

1 week later
#2004 1 year ago
Quoted from Jszekeres:

Hello
Is there a way to make this game come up automatically in just the 2.0 software? It is for an operator
So we only want 2.0 to come up. So if there is a power down, then it will always come up in version 2.0.
Please help?

Not yet, it's been promised in a future update.

#2015 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

If you don’t have micro as adapter
This is all you need from Amazon?
amazon.com link »

That's fine if you have a SD card reader. If don't already have a SD card reader, something like this would be better.

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Reader-Memory-Windows-Simultaneously/dp/B01EFPX9XA/ref=sr_1_11

The daughter card is a Raspberry Pi, updating the microSD card is going to update it's OS image (boot disk).

#2017 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Download link broken...update is coming later today..

I just did the upgrade, all went well. Versions are what was in the doc (.99)

#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

Your instructions are not clear.
I get how to make the SD card update work. But the USB thing is rather confusing. There is a USB stick currently in the pin sound card. It contains a bunch of files including what it looks like are sound and program files. I assume this original usb drive should *not* be reformatted fat32?
Instead did you mean to say take a different USB stick and format it fat 32?
Then copy the Funhouse99.code file into the root directories of this new usb stick?
Then remove the original USB stick and insert the new one?
Game should say it is updating. When update is complete, remove the new USB stick, and insert the original one??
Because when I do that now I just get “pinball login”, it looks like it’s waiting for keyboard input….
Or did you mean copy the new Funhouse99.code file to the original USB stick without any format??
Or did you mean format the original pin sound USB stick, which loses all the original files seen in the picture below, and then copy the Funhouse99.code file on this now naked drive?
i just don't want to format the original pinsound usb drive and loose all those file, if that is not what you mean...
[quoted image]

You format the USB flash drive, the files are the old version. Format it and put the .code file on the stick. Should be the only file. The system will unpack the file and create the directory and files you see now, but it will be the new code.

#2027 1 year ago
Quoted from mkdud:

It appears my installation is complete. The instructions say that my machine will reboot itself, but I've been on this screen for over 20 minutes. Do I manually reboot now?
[quoted image]

You need to power off then power the machine back on. You will then be running the new version.

#2029 1 year ago

Redid the upgrade, this time it hung on updating the FAST card. Pressing the program button on the FAST card moved it along and the upgrade completed.

Played a couple of games, looks good.

#2049 1 year ago

I'm wondering if it's something with the firmware on the FAST module since it handles the switch matrix. Maybe Aaron can chime in here fastpinball

One thing I would try, would be download the files again and do another install.

#2056 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

So I just nabbed a nice Funhouse and I'm considering getting on the wait list for this kit. Along those lines would anyone know who seems to have the shortest wait to get one of these fine kits?
But I have a couple of questions. I see the latest update resolved a complaint that I had about the new code not supporting a physical ball lock. That is great news. But a couple of more questions from watching YouTube videos. When you program settings for each version of the game (volume setting, free play, etc) are those retained when you switch back and forth or do you have to re-enter those each time the game is booted? That seemed to be the case from the one video I saw. And also is there a way to switch versions now without having to power cycle the game? TIA!

settings are saved in 1.0 and 2.0. But when you upgrade you are back to zero on scores and settings.

#2060 1 year ago

The pinsound orchestrations are supposed to work, but ive never looked at it.

I've played around with it a bit. On the USB drive there's two .pspack files ( Funhouse_20.pspack and Funhouse_Original.pspack ).
These files can be opened with PinSound Studio Pro and updated/modified. But when PSSP saves the files, it saves it in a directory format and not in a .pspack file.

Zipping the modified files up and putting on the USB, back in, the Pinsound XL card does not pickup the new sounds. If you just move the directory structure over to the USB, it still does not get picked up. I'm wondering if there's some interaction with the Pi.

Does anybody know of a way to build the .pspack file? That would be the key. Doing a strings on the file it looks like it is some type of a compressed format.

The original files are the same as the original pinsound sound pack i.e. they sound exactly the same.

#2064 1 year ago

You should be able to adjust the voice globally in the pinsound studio program.
I would just tweak it up 5 or 10% at a time until you hear what you want.

You can adjust via the PinSound Studio program, but there's no way to save the pspack file that the XL needs. Do you know of a way to do it?

#2077 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Then I have a malfunction. In my machine, you hit the scoop, the mode starts, a ball is delivered to the shooter lane, and the ball immediately exits the lower scoop and into play - whether you shoot the ball or not.

I have the same thing going on, didn't realize it's a malfunction. I'll check the shooter lane switch.

#2093 1 year ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Got my kit installed but having issues. The mirror and the main screen appear to be swapped. I tried moving the HDMI cables but nothing changed. It's also not booting, but I can't really see what the error is.
[quoted image]

If you are having trouble with it booting and the displays. You want to make sure the daughter card on the pinsound XL card not crooked, it doesn't take much for the card to become dislodged and it causes boot problems. The pins are really short, so if the card if off a bit, it will not make contact.

4 weeks later
#2143 1 year ago
Quoted from viper001:

Received my kit and I have 2 issues. First one, my original speakers seems to be wired in series (I think that is the correct term). So in order to remove the original speaker panel from the game I eventually had to snip one of the wires near where there was already a crimp connector anyway. So when I installed the new kit I had one end of subwoofer wire on the connector that connects to the speaker pigtail that is provided, but what do I do with the other speaker wire? When I watched the YouTube installer video it looked like their old connector only had the single wire on it as well so I'm not understanding where the other wire will hook up to this new system.
Bigger issue, when I powered on my game it settled down on the "pinball login" screen as the user above got when they were trying to upgrade the software. Mine never progressed past that, it just sits on the login screen. I'm assuming I have knocked something loose so I'm going through all the connections now. One question, is the SD card slot the kind where you press it further in and it "pops" back out, or is it just the brute force type of slot?
TIA!

For the cabinet speaker, you need to connect the loose wire to the connector. Ideally check the wires on the speaker, trace them back to make sure.

The card in the SD slot is just pulled out, it is not on a spring release.

If you are only receiving the login, double check the daughter card on the pinsound card is fully seated.

#2151 1 year ago

Yes, just use another USB stick, if there’s an issue with the one you have.

1 week later
#2160 1 year ago

You want to press the programming button on the FAST controller. Not sure what the magic button is?

Also check and make sure the daughter card on the pinsound board is fully seated.

2 weeks later
#2182 1 year ago

The sound pack is in psp pack format. The Pinsound pro app can access the sound files in the pack, but it will not output or update the file when you make a change. Things are written out in a directory. Funhouse2 only will recognize the psp pack file.

#2189 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Sorry I know it's been posted somewhere in here but getting my Funhouse with the kit installed back soon and I know it has original code it shipped with(long ago) and needs updated. Is there a good step by step on how to update everything?

The step by step how to update can be found at https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads/

https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Funhouse-SD-Card-update-instructions.pdf

If you have any questions, let us know.

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from PinSound:

You can load any PinSound Funhouse sound packages on your flash drive:
- download it from our Funhouse webpage: https://www.pinsound.org/machine/funhouse/
- unzip the file into the "audio" folder, on your flash drive
- while playing, you should be able to switch from one sound pack to another by setting the volume to 0 two consecutive times using the door volume control.
- see this page for more information: https://www.pinsound.org/pinsound-neo-plus-help/ [section: "switch to another sound package"]

PinSound The Funhouse 2.0 is based on the pinsound XL board. It seems to be different then the other pinsound cards (I have one in my TZ).
There is no audio directory on the flash drive. It's two psppack files, one for 2.0 and one for 1.0 funhouse.

Do you create an audio folder then put the files in that folder and will the card then read the original audio plus the new audio? I've tried different variations of this and could never get the pinsound xl card to pickup the new audio. The drag file would never list the additional audio files. Only the present pspack files.
Pinsound Studio pro can read the psppack but it will not write the files into that storage format. Is there a utility to do that?
screenshot_1294 (resized).pngscreenshot_1294 (resized).png

1 month later
#2248 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

What's the trick for getting the two cables for the mirror up into the backbox? There seems to be only a certain position you can even see the wires in the back of the cabinet, but the space is too small to get your arm in.

Feed them down from the backbox into the cabinet. Rather then trying to pull them up.

#2258 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks. If anyone gets a second and could measure theirs I would appreciate it. Just curious if mine is a little wider.

Just measured mine and the speaker panel is just a tad under 27 3/16", it's a tight fit in my cabinet.

screenshot_1308 (resized).pngscreenshot_1308 (resized).png
1 week later
#2277 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

I wouldn't say it's unplayable but it certainly could do with improving.
I contacted them and they said to contact Pinsound, as Pinsound did the original sampling.
I contacted Pinsound and, apart from the auto acknowledgment, I never received a response from them.
Roger

And PinSound posted here, with the procedure for the regular pinsound card, I asked them how to do it on the XL. The sounds are in a PSP sound pack, the pinsound editing app can read the pack and sounds, but you cannot write a new sound pack out. XL card will not processes the individual files.

I would think their silence is that they do not want to help us. I even have a custom sound set I was using on my pinsound card in funhouse that I can't use anymore.

#2278 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

PinSound The Funhouse 2.0 is based on the pinsound XL board. It seems to be different then the other pinsound cards (I have one in my TZ).
There is no audio directory on the flash drive. It's two psppack files, one for 2.0 and one for 1.0 funhouse.
Do you create an audio folder then put the files in that folder and will the card then read the original audio plus the new audio? I've tried different variations of this and could never get the pinsound xl card to pickup the new audio. The drag file would never list the additional audio files. Only the present pspack files.
Pinsound Studio pro can read the psppack but it will not write the files into that storage format. Is there a utility to do that?
[quoted image]

bumping my post, PinSound it would be really nice to get an answer how to update the sounds files on the XL card.

Thanks!!

1 week later
#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

but how do you get it into the game? I though we couldn't add specific sounds...like a normal pinsound card can do...or did I get that wrong?

correct, the sound files are in a .psp file that you can extract the audio with pinsound studio but you cannot replace/create a new psp file.

#2300 1 year ago

You can certainly trade them out.

Nope, you can’t due the file package. pinsound needs to provide a tool to do this.

#2302 1 year ago

So, I can read their files, I just cant write them?
This is contrary to what I heard during development. But that was a LONG time ago...
FH 2.0 must be a proprietary product.
I guess Ive got to get up to speed on this.
However, I guess that I can still manipulate the FH 1.0 files, or add in my custom orchestrations?
Ive edited my earlier post!

Correct, the pinsound studio will not write the file and they do not have a utility to handle the archive. I played around with running the file thru various utilities to see if I could find something. But it looks like a proprietary format to pinsound. You cannot modify FH 1.0, same file package. I was looking to fix the audio levels, no dice. Just can’t write the file and the pinsound xl card will not read/discover sound zips to be included like you would do with a pinsound card.

pinsound has never come back here and answered my question about a utility or how to create the psp file. Somebody posted that they were told by pinsound they were working on it.

Disappointing, because I had a custom orchestration for Funhouse 1.0, I was using on a pinsound card before I upgraded to FH2.0.

#2312 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I was looking into the ROM issues, and it looks like L-9 supports the enhanced sounds and lightshow, BUT it needs updated sound ROMs in order for those to work. See:
https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/roms/funhouse.html
"Version L-9 Date: December 11, 1992
U6: Checksum: 3809
This ROM version works best with a modified L-2 sound ROM.
With this special L-2 sound ROM, the Enter Initials and
Jackpot lamp effects are enhanced.
The sound ROM checksums are as follows:
U14 (L-2): E58A
U15 (L-2): 5E0A
U18 (special L-2): BA0A"
The question is if Pedretti is even using sound ROMs or just samples? If they're faking a soundboard and using samples instead, that fake soundboard needs to identify as an updated version so the L9 CPU program calls the right effects.

They are using samples, basically it's a dump of the sound rom. This was provided to them by pinsound.

#2325 1 year ago

I'm disappointed that the Pinsound XL solution seems to be half baked, the lack of support to customize and fix the audio. In some ways I feel like this has taken my Funhouse backwards. I really like playing 1.0, but not now, not with the version included with the kit.
2.0 is fun, but it's still in need of some serious love by Pedretti. It's been a while since there was an update, hopefully something is coming soon.

#2337 1 year ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

There is some confusion here.
Correct, you cannot change the original provided soundpacks due to copyright. However, you are wrong about the alternate sound packs for FH1.0. There are alot of alternate sound packs provided by pinsound
https://www.pinsound.org/machine/funhouse/
ready to be downloaded, and you can even create your own... Just put them on the flash drive into an audio folder as described on their site
https://www.pinsound.org/support/sound-package-information/
and with these freely available soundpacks, as far as i know they are not encrypted and you can freely exchange individual sound files.
There is a community made Soundpack by user Mr Tantrum, that attempts to "normalize" the voice and sound, that looks promising
[quoted image]

Thanks!!!, the key is creating an audio folder and then dropping the unzipped files into the folder. Doing this, the pinsound xl actually has the woman's voice on start up saying it found audio files. The diag shows the added sound package and you can switch between the two in 1.0 by turning the volume to zero and back up.

PACKAGES
------------------
Funhouse_PinSound_Original_Remastered
> Motion Control: 67 official shaker events
Funhouse_20.pspack
> Motion Control: 76 user shaker events
Funhouse_Original.pspack (active)
screenshot_22 (resized).pngscreenshot_22 (resized).png

screenshot_24 (resized).pngscreenshot_24 (resized).png

#2341 1 year ago

Ahhh! This is excellent news!
Just use the Original/Classic orchestration and make any adjusrments you like!
Awesome! I love the 4 orchestrations I already have "tweaked" in my game.
In theory, I should be able to copy my existing files/folders from my Pinsound drive, one-by-one, and get them mounted on the new XL board.
Do I re-zip them? Or can they be copied as-is?
This would save a ton of time!

Don't rezip them, pinsound XL won't do anything with them (unlike the other pinsound cards). Just put the folder into a folder called audio on the root directory.
copy as-is.

#2348 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:The ability to use these alternative sounds is good, but we still need Pedretti to fix the ROM issue blocking the jackpot lightshow from running correctly.

This is troubling, perhaps its on the list of things to fix.

So 1.0 comes with the L-9 ROM. Is the jackpot lightshow in the 9.05H version? I can't remember what I had loaded, but think it was the home version.

1 week later
#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from rickeve:

So did anyone update the sound package on the funhouse 1? I just thought I would try but not sure about the files I use. Thanks

You can download any of the pinsound packages at https://www.pinsound.org/machine/funhouse/

Once downloaded, unzip the package. Take the flash drive out of the Pinsound XL board, and put that in your computer. Then create a new folder called Audio. Now placed the unpacked folder into the audio package. You can place multiple sound packages into the folder.

when finished insert the flash drive back into the Pinsound XL board.

Power up funhouse, select 1.0. Once booted, you can use the volume control to switch sound packages. To switch turn the volume down to 0 then back up. You should hear a chime and a sample from the package will play. You can do this mid game to try different packages at anytime.

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

you said to unzip it, then later say to put the unzipped folder into the audio folder? which is it..pinsound ususally uses the unzipped download...or am I misunderstanding this...

Sorry, unpack the zip file, and move the folder into the audio directory. When I say unzipped, I mean I ran unzipped and it produces a folder. This is the difference of the pinsound xl card, it will not unpack a zip file and will just ignore it.

1 week later
#2358 1 year ago

Just a shot here, but I would check the USB cable between the Pinsound XL and fast cards.

#2361 1 year ago

Looks like an issue with your driver board, only other thing I can think to try would be to reset the ribbon cable between the fast cpu board and the driver board. Its odd the stuff works under 1.0.

1 week later
#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

Hello, dear community.
I have a big problem.
Of course it was a classic stupid mistake and I could kick my ass!!!
I just wanted to quickly (with the flipper on) tighten a small (unimportant) screw on Rudy's head and caused a short circuit with the screwdriver.
I think the screwdriver made contact between the screw on Rudy's head and the metal plate on the back of the 2.0 mystik mirror.
(See image)
There was a brief flash near the screwdriver and the sound made an unfortunate noise.
Nothing works now.
I suspect the problem is on the 2.0 CPU. Does anyone have an idea how I can proceed?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

sounds like you may have damaged the daughter (Raspberry Pi) on the pinsound XL board. From the video it looks like the back box display is not powering up? You would want to hook up a HDMI source to the screens (game system, DVD player, etc. Something with a HDMI output) just to make sure the screens work. If you get video, then you know the screens are good. But it's possible the big screen has a bad power supply, that you can check with a volt meter. The supply will have the voltages it outputs printed on it.

And of course check all your fuses. You can also check the voltages going to the pinsound xl card, just to make sure they are good.

If all that checks out, I would suspect it's the Pi that is blown. I would open a ticket with your distributor or Pedretti.

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from Gabbo75:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]I found out that the screw or the metal frame of rudy's head has a voltage of about 70 volts!
Explains the flash when I came into contact with the metal plate of the display.
I don't know where the voltage is coming from.
Display remains black but 12V. arrives.
on the PDB is one led not active (led3). sombody know what that means?
[quoted image]

LED#3 is the hi/low voltage sensor, it's supposed to be off, if it's on you have a problem.
I guessed you had voltage on Rudys head, figure that one out before doing anything else.

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from MC35:

Where the heck is the game code to replace the file on the USB drive. So Fn frustrating to find that on the internet.
It shouldn't be this hard to locate

The links are in the directions on how to update https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads/

This is the link for the file https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdpuwochu031xxn/sdcard10.zip?dl=0 to reimage the SD card, depending on what version you are on now.

The link of the new code is https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5qwme3rjte0lob/pinball-fh2-099_2.code?dl=0

Best to download the instructions and follow them to update your game.

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from MC35:

Well this sucks!!! My pinsound board is fried. I'm not sure which one to order. Any assistance is appreciated

I had a feeling that would be the problem. You need the Pinsound XL version. Not sure if Pinsound will sell direct or if they have repair services. Might want to open a ticket with them.

https://www.pinsound.org/products/pinsound-xl/

I would almost wonder if you just have a blown compute board (that's the daughter card with the HDMI ports).

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Please tell about that cabinet art. Custom work? Small nit, but why is the speaker panel art mirrored?

Speaker panel art is not mirrored. The center is the screen, it reflects when off.

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

They didn't mean mirrored as in reflective. The speaker panel is in wrong-side-out. Pedretti and the Fs are backwards.

You're right, those F's & Pedretti are backwards on that speaker panel. Mine are correct on my machine. very odd.

1 week later
#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from Patnukem:

Hopefully I can figure out how to order this. Really excited to install it and try it out.

Just send mail to Sara ([email protected]), she can help you out and is great to work with.

1 week later
#2480 1 year ago

Looks like a great update. Release note mention auto launcher feature added. Is there anymore info on this?

#2489 1 year ago
Quoted from andyharsh:I just got done playing several games on the new code, and the game is playing really great! Everything feels a bit smoother and just seems to flow better. The code has definitely come a long ways, keep up the great work everyone involved!

totally agree!!! Did the update and played a couple of games. My frustrations are gone!! Game plays really well and did not have any odd situations. A lot of fun.

thanks for a great update, the wait was worth it!!!

#2506 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Ha ha going through trade show junk lookie lookie.
So now is it best to do both updates at the same time?
My guess is SD mini card first, the do the USB stick.

do both updates at the same time. The SD card is the boot disk for the system. The USB holds the funhouse software code.

#2518 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I narrowed down the issue to the motion control board. If I have the cable from the motion control board plugged in to the Pinsound adapter board at Ext 1, game won’t boot. If I unplug that at Ext 1, game boots fine. I am curious if anyone else with a shaker motor has been successful installing 99_8?
PS anyone form the dev team, I’m already working with Sean on this via support ticket. Thank you.

Yes, I have the motion control board installed, no issue with 99_8

You always rerun the upgrade again.

#2536 1 year ago

UVAJED Found what looks like a bug yesterday on 99_8

This is on the first ball of a game, if I launch a ball and immediately shoot the lock without hitting anything else, the game just sits there, never does a ball search or release the ball. If hit it a target before hitting the lock everything works as expected.

On the 2nd or 3rd ball if you launch and shot the lock, the game says 10 minutes added, but loads another ball into the shooter lane. Then it unlocks the ball in the ball lock, so you have two balls. Same as the first ball if you hit a target or score points everything works as expected.

Checked my switches and they are all functioning and I can repeat this with the glass off, it's how I found the ball 2/3 conditions.

#2550 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

I cannot reproduce this. Can anyone else? chillme please copy/paste this into a ticket, and include a video of these scenarios if possible so the software team can take a closer look. Thank you.
https://pedrettigaming.freshdesk.com/support/home

thanks, I've created the ticket.

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Is it safe for owners that have shaker motors installed to download the newest code 99_8?
Safe may be the wrong word lol but reading some comments it seems we would have to disable it to get the new code to work.
Should we wait for a revision?

I have a shaker motor, and didn’t have the issue. You could upgrade and if you have an issue, just downgrade to the previous code.

1 week later
#2578 12 months ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
I think this has been discussed previously but I can't find it.
The cable running from the backbox to the small LCD on the playfield is too short and hinders me lifting the playfield all the way up.
Can someone please advise the name (type) of the cable and what the correct length should be, so I can buy a replacement?
Thanks, so much.
Roger

it's just a HDMI cable, same as you would use on a TV. As far as length, I would have to measure what I have, but a 10ft cable would be fine.

#2584 11 months ago
Quoted from GoCards:

Page 31 lists the parts that would be needed for auto plunger. But I am not sure how you would wire them into the system.

you wire it to the knocker output on the solenoid board.

#2593 11 months ago
Quoted from rickeve:

Updated to new code and do not remember setting to deactivate flipper power on setting high scores on funhouse 2.0. Anyone remember settings for this? I am enjoying the new code.

There isn't a setting in 2.0 to disable the flippers during high scores. It should just be the default.

#2602 11 months ago
Quoted from rickeve:

Ok in the previous code the flippers were off during the entering of you name. Now they stay on in funhouse 2. Turned the flippers off in funhouse but it doesn't carry over. Game plays fine so not sure what the problem is.

For me the flippers have always been on in 2.0 when entering your initials, even the earlier version.

1 week later
#2636 11 months ago

you can also just buy an hmdi extension cable and lengthen the current cable at the back box.

2 weeks later
#2683 11 months ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Pressed the debug button and it booted right up!

You want to press the programming button on the FAST and not the debug button. Run the install again, and when this screen pops up press the programming button.

2 weeks later
#2715 10 months ago

Coming soon!
That is a test setup.

Not soon enough…

Been resisting putting something together myself, but its getting harder to resist.

#2718 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I have done a fair amount of sound programming for other games with a PinSound board, so I figured I would fiddle with this one. I pulled out USB stick and loaded it on my computer.
To my surprise, there are not wav or ogg files, but the pspack files. I have worked with those via the PinSound Studio Pro, but would prefer to work with the audio files themselves.
It would be pretty easy to change the Rudy sounds in the original FunHouse to be louder - as they should be - using PinSound Studio Pro editor. But I don't know how the pspack files get into the PinSound card.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tantrums-guide-to-pinsound/page/25#post-7519535
"That's a PinSound Compressed file and works the same way as a zip. When the PinSound board uncompresses the file, it then deletes the original zip/pspack from the drive."
Since this pspack file is not deleted, I am not sure what is going on. If I change the pspack file, will the sounds automatically be updated?
Has anyone investigated editing the sound files in Rudy 2.0 or original Funhouse?

The pinsound plus card is a bit different in how it handles the sound packs. What you need to do is create a folder called "audio" on the flash drive. Then unpack the psppack file via pinsound pro or download one of the sound packs, unpack the files and place them in the audio folder. You will hear a tone when you run funhouse 1.0.

here's my previous posts - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/47#post-7398538
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/48#post-7413389

should be a sticky topic at the top.

#2720 10 months ago

You have to create the "audio" directory/folder the system does not create one. Once you create the directory, and place the sound files in the directory (each pack in their own directory) the card will use the unpacked files. It is different then the other pinsound cards. Like you, I have used pinsound cards for a long time and this version goes against everything you know.

#2722 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I think you are misunderstanding what I see. The music files that are in Rudy 2.0 are those that were supplied by Pedretti and installed following their procedure:
https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Funhouse-0.99_8-USB-update.pdf
https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/FH2_Game_Update.pdf
The hardware does the rest. It extracts the pinball-fh2-099_8.code file and after a few minutes, everything runs.
When I pull out the USB drive, all I see is this:
[quoted image]
Those "audio" files that you and I know are used in all the other PinSound cards are not in the USB drive, yet the sounds work.
Since they are in the USB drive but - as you and I both agree - they must be there, where are they?
I am going to pull the MicroSD card and see if they are there.

The files are not on the SD card.

The sound files go on the USB drive. YOU have to create the audio directory and YOU have to put the files there. Once you do this the card will allow you to switch sound sets.

Step 1 - pull USB drive
Step 2 - put it in a computer
Step 3 - Create a folder called "audio"
Step 4 - copy unpacked sound files to the audio directory. Keep each sound set in its own sub directory.
Step 5 - put the USB drive back in the pinsound card and boot the game.

You can use the volume control to switch sounds sets in Funhouse 1.0

I'm really trying here.

#2725 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

And I appreciate your patience. I think we are misunderstanding each other.
I agree that the files go on the USB drive. But the files are not on the USB drive.
The pinball machine works now without steps 3 - 5 as you outlined above. How is that possible if steps 3 - 5 are required for it to work?
"You have to create the "audio" directory/folder the system does not create one." Why do I need to do that when it works now without an "audio" directory/folder? I agree it needs one. How can it work now without this folder?
I don't want to load new sound files. I want to access the files that are currently being used by Rudy 2.0. Since the pinball machine is working now, and it is using sound files, where are they located?
When the game boots, does it uncompress the .pspack files every time it is booted and load them in the RAM of the game? If so, I can just edit those .pspack files.

Agreed

OK, I thought you want to add a new or change the current orchestration. Pinsound pro app does not save in the pspack format, it's going to save the files in a directory structure. So to use those edits you need to create the audio directory and copy the files into the directory.

As is the system works by ingesting the sound files each time you boot the system. It does not unpack and delete the files like the other pinsound cards do.

#2728 10 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I have struck out.
I am unable to save my modifications to the .pspack file.
If I remove the .pspack files and load instead the WAV audio files, I get a 'USB missing' error. If I have both the .pspack files and the WAVE audio files, I am unable to switch between the two sets of files using the volume down / up that I use with my other PinSound machines.

You have to leave the .psppack files, they are required by the system.

Pinsound pro will say any modifications to an unpacked version of the pspack file, it will not resave to the pspack format. You can drop this directory into the audio directory that you create on the thumb drive.

To add a customized audio for Funhouse 1.0, you must create an audio directory. Then in the directory place the files in another directory. As the system is booting up you will hear the checking sound files, the first time you boot with the new files in the audio directory.

This only works for Funhouse 1.0. When in Funhouse 1.0 when you lower the volume to zero and back up you will hear a chime and the a sample will be played from the sound set.

You can check what the pinsound is finding by looking at the pinsound-self-diagnosis.txt. There's a section for the sound packages available.

"PACKAGES
------------------
FunHouse - Mr_Tantrum (stereo)
Funhouse_KJS
Funhouse_PinSound_Original_Remastered
Funhouse_20.pspack (active)
> Motion Control: 76 user shaker events
"

screenshot_166 (resized).pngscreenshot_166 (resized).pngscreenshot_167 (resized).pngscreenshot_167 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#2747 9 months ago
Quoted from lhammer610:

I have setup the audio folder as shown in the picture. I can change which audio files are loaded in Fun House (not Rudy 2.0) by turning the volume up and down. But I changed the Global Settings using PinSound Studio Pro and saved the file. When I did so, I confirmed that the save date of the config.pinsound file changed.
But when running Fun House on the Pedretti system, the relative volumes of voice vs. the others is unchanged.
I tried to get the Pedretti system to reinitialize the sound files by throwing out the pinsound-self-diagnosis.txt file, but nothing changed and a new pinsound-self-diagnosis.txt was created.
I can change the Fun House sounds by changing the volume up and down. But the relative volumes of the original is not affected. And, oddly, the last sound file used is not saved. It always defaults to the original Fun House sounds.
If this a limitation of the Pedretti system? Or am I doing something wrong?[quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately you have to use an audio editor program to modify the individual audio files and raise the db level on the file. I use Audacity on a Mac.
The diagnostics file is just that a log file that is created each time the system is booted.

#2751 9 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Would really like to know how the update is coming. As it stands now it is pretty much unplayable, about every second game the ball gets stuck in the skill shot and only a tilt or reboot will free it. The game switch matrix knows it’s there but ignores it.
Hoping that all resources haven’t been shifted to WW 2.0 before nailing down this title. Could come back to bite them.

Make sure you are running the .99_8 code, this is fixed in that code. If you are running .99_8, then open a ticket and let them know.

2 weeks later
#2795 9 months ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

So, I updated the SD card. Now, when I boot it says system update extracting, at about the 25% point the blue light on the board comes on, it continues to update until complete though.
Then, system update fast appears and stays. When I hit the reset button, about ten seconds later the game goes to attract, no sound, but the display still says System Update Fast do not turn off machine.
When I turn off the machine, the loop starts again (system update extracting). The whole process begins again.
Any suggestions from the team before I open a ticket?

When the FAST is updating, if it hangs there for 30seconds or so, hit the "Programming" button and not the rest. The installation will continue.

#2821 9 months ago
Quoted from rickeve:

Can anyone tell me if there is a setting for powering off the flippers when setting high score. Updated to2.0 but did not update the sd card. Updated it last update so not sure if that would help or not. Flippers power down after ball over. Does anyone know if there is a knocker sound that takes over for the auto shooter?

There is no setting to disable the flippers when setting a high score, that I have found. The SD is the OS boot image, it's not the game software, reimagine the SD card will not change the game software.

#2824 9 months ago
Quoted from rickeve:

Thank you I was not sure. So, two usb updates ago it worked fine. Not sure why it would carry through on the new usb update.

Flippers have always been active when entering a high score in 2.0 for me. In 1.0 they are disabled.

2 months later
#2849 6 months ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Is it possible that its actually the subwoofer that isn't working in the 1.0 code? My friend came over and he owns Funhouse and said that most of the bass-related sounds are missing (fireworks, etc.). Perhaps that is the issue?

The pinsound XL card has sound adjustment knobs, one is Bass boost. The other knobs adjust the equalizer ranges. You should check yours and adjust as needed.

1 week later
#2859 6 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Ive got some trade interest on my P3 bundle with a Funhouse 2.0. I'm just curious what the overal consensus is on reliability on the Funhouse 2.0 kit. Buggy or pretty stable. Thanks!

It's stable, but it is on top of a 30+ year old pin. Just make sure the machine has good bones.

1 month later
#2888 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's not that it is bad, but as mentioned it seems unfinished. For me though the bigger issue is the sound issues on 1.0 that 'don't seem to be an issue'. It's so bad I don't even want to play it at this point. Maybe the long delay is them reworking the code for autoplunger I don't know, but it doesn't really matter how 2.0 is, 1.0 should be flawless, and it isn't.

Last update fixed the sound issues of 1.0

#2904 4 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Does this mean the knocker no longer knocks? Or does it still work independently from the auto plunger?

No more knocker, it's one or the other. The auto plunger is well worth the sacrifice of the knocker.

#2907 4 months ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Is the autoplunger coded already and just needs to be enabled in the settings? At this point I'll make my own based on Gabbo75's posts.

Yes, it's already coded for 2.0, just enable it in the settings.

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Kind of confusing if you steal the ground wire from the knocker, it would only autoplunge when the knocker goes off - doesn't make sense unless you can choose somewhere in the software.

You can choose in the settings to enable the auto plunger in 2.0. You are substituting the knocker of the plunger.

#2911 4 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

How about an update, Pedretti?
Same here. Someone mentioned problems with shaker compatibility and I have a shaker. Don’t want to deal with that.

I don't see how the auto plunger and problems with the shaker are related. The shaker is fed off the pinsound card, the auto launcher is solenoid 7 on the driver board. With that said I have not had any issues with either and have not heard of any other than the one second hand comment here the other day.

#2915 4 months ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Trying to see where the wires are pulled from. Looks like one side is wired to nearby coil and the yellow grey wire cmes from where? Also the red white jumped wire from knocker goes where?

If you are talking about the knocker. The yellow/white is the common, so you can grab that from the out hole. The trigger side is violet/black and you need to pull that from the knocker connection in the backbox or from the driver board, connector J130 pin 8.

#2919 4 months ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

I am referring to this pic. The white wire seems to be going to another coil- I assume you mean this is the common. The white yellow blue wire ( I guess those are the colors), doesnt appear to be the same wire that is coming from the knocker.
Thanks

You have to use some wire to extend the connection from the backbox. I used a yellow cable. It's what I had on hand.

2 weeks later
#2952 3 months ago
Quoted from Mickpat:

Hi. I just installed Funhouse 2.0 and when I turn on the machine, I get an error that says CPU Connection Error.
The sound board is working and asks to choose a game. LEDs on the Fast Board are all green.
I have checked all of the cables, and they appear to be seated correctly with the proper orientation.
What am I missing?
Happy New Year! [quoted image]

Check the usb cable from the fast to the sound board.

there's two different versions of the FAST board.

screenshot_314 (resized).pngscreenshot_314 (resized).png

screenshot_315 (resized).pngscreenshot_315 (resized).png
#2959 3 months ago

Are you confusing the trough with the outhole coil? The outhole is the coil at the beginning of the trough. The trough coil feeds the shooter lane.

#2961 3 months ago
Quoted from Mickpat:

What is odd is if I run the coil test in FH2, the outhole will not fire. Running the same test in FH1 works just fine. I checked switches, and only have 3 active switches which corresponds to the pinballs location. While in attract mode, I believe the outhole randomly fires (a coil is firing.) I know the ribbon cables are connected properly and securely. Maybe a data signal issues?

Did you check the outhole switch? FH2 does expose wiring issues that will not show up in FH1. The outhole solenoid is violet-brown (J130 pin 1) and violet-yellow (J107 pin 3). To eliminate an issue with wiring, I would disconnect the connector at J130, and connect a multimeter to pin 1 and connect the other lead to the violet-yellow, you should see voltage when you fire the coil.

As suggested maybe try and just do the reinstall, it's quick.

1 week later
#2973 3 months ago
Quoted from monkfe:

These work great for "tapping" into wires like you did in the first pics....where you don't want to replace the connector. Keeps it clean and you don't ruin your wiring harness https://www.amazon.com/Posi-Tap-20-22-Mini-Choose-Amount/dp/B0B382Z2TM/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

Or buy the correct molex connector and make a cable for plug-n-play.

#2979 3 months ago
Quoted from cfh:

asking again...
trying to download the lastest software for funhouse 2.0 (v99_8?) from https://www.pinballremakes.com/downloads
or https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Funhouse-0.99_8-USB-update.pdf
But upon clicking any link get "403 forbidden".
any suggestions? thanks

The 1.0 link works for me. https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Funhouse2-1.0-USB-update-1.pdf
Then in the document is the code link, that also works.

The .99_8 doc link is also working. The link you posted is old. this is the current one. Maybe your downloads page is cached. https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Funhouse-0.99_8-USB-update.pdf

But you will want to run the 1.0 code.

3 weeks later
#2984 71 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Updated to 2.0:
Now all I have is a screen that says:
Pinball Login:
WTF?
Is there a knowledgebase anywhere with info that is not hard to search pinside.

Did you just install the kit or did you try to update the software?

#2986 71 days ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I just tried to update my previously working Funhouse 2.0 to the latest version.
I tried both Mac & PC..
The update runs fine.. When it resets I get the Screen.

What version were you running before? Did you update the Pi boot SD card? You may need to do that.

1 week later
#3005 59 days ago
Quoted from cfh:

auto launches are difficult to get right. but my test of any auto launch, is if the ball ends up in the shooter lane during play, for what ever reason, the auto launch should kick it out! there's no exceptions to this rule. that's how williams/bally did it. and frankly it's how stern does it too. hell stern took it even further on new games, where even in diagnostic it does this! (which frankly is too much.)
let's start with that ONE point which FH2.0 does *not* have correct. you get that right, and then we'll talk more. but until that works like *E V E R Y O T H E R G A M E*, they are just pissing up a tree.

Ok, so you are talking about some freak instance of an air ball landing in the shooter lane... Have something else? I haven't seen an issue with the auto plunger it works as expected during the multi balls, really helps with the game flow.

#3009 58 days ago
Quoted from cfh:

it's not a freak thing. it's a demonstration of proper pinball programming. if you can't get the basics correct, how can anyone trust you to do the hard stuff right?

I would suggest you open a support ticket and report it as a bug. https://pedrettigaming.freshdesk.com/support/home

#3010 58 days ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

where should you plug in the usb power for the mirror?

It connects to one of the USB ports on the large screen in the speaker panel.

2 weeks later
#3026 39 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

This is a friend of mine’s machine. He recently bought a Rudy’s 2.0. It had the original .87 code I believe and he installed the 1.0. It loaded and went to this screen but not any further. I think it was supposed to go to the selection screen. He was supposed to pick the 2.0 select and turn off the machine. Well it sat like this for over an hour and when turned off and back on it will not boot into anything. Also the color code on the pinsound board is blue I believe for engine error. Any help would be great appreciated. Thank you.
[quoted image]

Sounds like the SD card was not updated. Follow these directions to update the card. Then install the 1.0 code again.

https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Funhouse_SD_Card_update_instructions_official.pdf

#3028 39 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Will try that but we followed the instructions here:
https://www.pinballremakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Funhouse2-1.0-USB-update-1.pdf
Tried multiple times with multiple usb drives.
Code goes in and then doesn’t work.
The pinsound board does boot to green, it boots to blue which says engine code error.
But I will have him follow these instructions.

That's assuming you updated the SD card when version .99 was installed. You can just update the SD card and then follow the 1.0 install instructions.
Think of it as doing a stepped upgrade.

#3031 39 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

When it shows that on the screen, did you try pushing the little reset button on the FAST board?

That screen is when the update is done, sometimes the system will reboot and other times it doesn't after the install. The programming the fast the screen says it's programming the fast card and stays there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chillme.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare?tu=chillme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.