right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #37 Promo video Posted by unigroove (2 years ago)

Post #38 Preorder link for PPS Posted by PPS (2 years ago)

Post #121 Promo photos Posted by Pedretti_Gaming (2 years ago)

Post #672 Review and instructions from an early adopter Posted by pinballonthemark (2 years ago)

Post #693 Gameplay video 1 Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Post #694 Gameplay video 2 Posted by stumblor (2 years ago)

Post #716 Gamplay video 3 and 1.0 gameplay video Posted by AMSNL (2 years ago)

Post #1116 Ramp Switches - Important checks for 2.0 to work correctly Posted by UVAJED (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago

Am I understanding this has a new 2.0 code? Who did the programming?

#39 2 years ago

Need to see some game play and hear what this actually sounds like. I hope Rudy’s voice is the same as the original and nothing like what I’ve heard from the pinsound videos!

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Yep! One of the platform requirements was to be able to play the original game roms with game play as close to the original game, as possible. No latency. We think we nailed it!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Rudy’s voice is different?

#100 2 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

These kits are still available at Cointaker.
We placed a very large order for these kits and still have some available on our website.
Not at all true about distributors getting less quantities, we were able to place an opening order of our choosing.

Still available? Didn’t it just get released today?

#114 2 years ago

Your always a big help Dr Rosen Rosen

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Adding a ball save might be nice...

Especially if Soren doesn’t for the original!

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Pretty cool and it looks like the animations are well done. It'll definitely be odd if Rudy sounds too different though.
They should have Rudy say "hey keyboard commando" as one of the new taunt names

Hearing how Rudy sounds may be the deciding factor for me.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

We already heard how Rudy sounds from the promo video. It is not the same....what will be curious is if original mode uses the original voice. I would assume so, but who knows.
It probably seems like it's not a big deal, but for those of us who've loved this game for decades, such a departure is jarring. It is clear it wasn't even an attempt to make it sound similar. However, depending on what the theme really is - the true meaning of Rudy's Nightmare - is he in a dream? etc, the alternate voice may not be a big deal. Maybe it's his jekyll and hyde scenario where it makes sense his voice is different.
Earlier someone said they didn't think FH had any scary elements...and I disagree. There has always been somewhat of a dark side to the game, from theme, some callouts, to Rudy's personality itself. It's very subtle, but it is there. He's always been a little unhinged.

Interesting take on this. I was really hoping that the voice on the promo video WASNT the actual voice for 2.0. When DP did BOP 2.0 , they were able to get Stephanie back for the call outs. Would have been perfect to have Ed Boon as Rudy once again!

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

When I played the kit they explained to me that Rudy is asleep, we are playing his nightmares and the goal is to wake him up from it. Therefore Rudys eyes are closed when starting a game, he's sleeping.

Please tell me hes snoring from time to time if that’s the case.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from MC35:

Has anyone heard if anyone is making new cabinet decals to go along with this.
I'm looking at getting my PF refurbished and new cabinet decals. If I'm gonna do new decals I figured I should check if anyone is making some for this first.

Didn’t even think of this! A pinside member did for BOP2.0 .Lets see if anyone steps up.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Is that Rudy's new voice narrating that? Sounds like the Cryptkeeper.

I sure hope not !

1 week later
#261 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Yep!
I have only this photo from some local testing handy, but you'll get the idea.
Aaron
FAST Pinball [quoted image]

I think this may even look better than what DP did with BOP 2.0. Can you tell me the difference if any?

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Well, rereading all the posts mentioning voice, it appears that awful voice is indeed supposed to be Rudy. Yuck. I am out, I am afraid. What were they thinking? Hell, I could do a better voice.

If this is the case, I may be out as well!
Gonna wait for a game play video first though

#288 2 years ago

Game play video would answer all questions

1 week later
#373 2 years ago

Rather disappointing honestly

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

On the waiting list on planetary pinball’s website. Can’t wait. I assume we will get an email when the kits is available to purchase?? Restoring my funhouse to make it like new when the kit is available.
Am I correct by saying it will be available in January 2022? Hope to get one of those shirts if possible to either frame or just wear and let my friends be jealous.

I’d be more excited about the shirt than the kit from what I’ve seen!

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That feeling of excitement to see a new video. Only to see that it's someone reposting the same video from days ago...

Do you mean in hopes of seeing a better video that actually makes you want to get the kit?

1 week later
#472 2 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Clearly, it knocked him out of his shoes

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I feel like we can get Ed Boon on board for this. I think he lives in Chicago. Any pinball guys from Chicago that can go ring his bell?

PPS already tried.

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Funhouse 2.0 is awesome and so is the o.g. Funhouse on it.
It's fun, challenging, hilarious, and mind blowing with the new out of this world graphics and sound. The voice also incorporates extremely well for anyone on the fence like I was.
Pedretti Gaming and Co. are working relentlessly to get this 2.0 upgrade as close to polished and perfect the first time...and they are taking each and every suggestion from this forum and their beta testers to heart. They are very passionate for pinball and this upgrade.
If you love Funhouse...stay patiently excited because in the end this will not disappoint. [quoted image][quoted image]

That’s great but this is the same voice as the teaser video ?

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Gameplay is really fun. Collect time to light mirror for mode start. Timed challeging modes as well as Multiballs and Awards like ball saver or million/extra ball are earned.
Installation is really plug and play. If i can do it, its easy for you! Both displays are crisp and everything is high quality.
The acrylic backglass is really nice. I haven't seen those and although not a real glass, its way better than my Translite.
I have to say i am really impressed so far. The animations are among the best i have seen in pinball. Really fitting the theme well, funny and guiding through the game. Wow!
The voice is fine for me. I mean it is not the original voice but it has a creepy evil character to it, suiting evil rudy very well, i like it. Everything is pinsound with audio files for every sound/callout (separate folders for Funhouse 1.0 and 2.0)
The sound is well made and the squeaky duck sound on the slings is just brilliant
I have both Led OCD and GI OCD installed and its working well together.
UVAJED PNE7 can you give us any info on led-lighting without those boards installed? Is the FAST CPU board dealing with LED ghosting and smooth switching itself?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This all sounds great but where is the game play video ?

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:Yes...Pa here.

I’ll be right there!

1 week later
#584 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

For those on the Planetary Pinball "RESERVE" list for the RUDY NIGHTMARE Kit:
Just wanted to let everyone know the process for PPS once the product is given a go ahead:
- PPS will start taking deposits for the game in a few days(?) - just waiting for the message from Pedretti
- we will be asking for $300 which is refundable (30 days max if request to refund)
- We will send a message to all those on the RESERVE list indicating that the DEPOSIT (not the kit) is now available
- This means the DEPOSIT is now available to 'purchase' on the store (not the kit ... yet)
- For those on the reserve list we will ask for deposits by Jan 31, 2022 - again thru the store
- After Jan 31 anyone not sending in a deposit will be removed from the reserve list.
- When deposit is received you will be offered the kit as they come in in the order where you are on the reserve list
- We cannot tell you a good answer on 'where' you are on the list due to allocation as well as not know how many reserve people will follow thru
- When we know kits are inbound to us within about 1-2 weeks we will ask for final payment in order of where you are based on the reservation list.
- Then the kits will be shipped.
- Anyone can 'order' the DEPOSIT, and will go at the end of those on the reserve list that follow thru.
I expect most dealers need deposits to give Pedretti a 'hard' numbers of orders and PPS will do it this way and will input these numbers to Pedretti of how many kits +/- we will need to order. A reservation (past experience) is not sufficient to determine a good number of those who are serious buyers.
We expect a smallish number of kits to be shipping in the next couple of weeks, and then a large batch in Feb. As we don't know exactly how many reservations will translate to real orders the hope would be a few months up to 5-6 months to get all the orders shipped. Note, that Pedretti will be allocating kits between all of their resellers internationally, so it's not clear to any reseller how many kits then will get in each batch.
Sorry if this is confusing but it's a function of deposits and the reserve list which we are going to preserve, as well as the allocation of available kits against the total purchased.
I can say that it sounds like there is good news on having all of the major components of the kits in the pipeline, also that the game having had a little time to get alot of beta testers has evolved into what I believe to be a solid enjoyable upgrade to Funhouse.
Team PPS

Hoping that a real game play video will be shown within the 30 days of submitting a deposit.

1 week later
#676 2 years ago

One video down. One to go!

#747 2 years ago

So I’ve watched the videos a few times and read the posts. I really want to like this but I just can’t get into it.
Few reasons…
Background music is just plain boring
Rudy’s gulp is pretty lame
The awful dog squeek toy noise from the slings
Rudy saying 10 minutes over and over
The dark evil voice call outs just don’t blend in
Rudy didn’t always react when hitting him
Maybe a few more but you get the idea.
It’s a real shame as I was excited since the day PPS announced this was happening YEARS ago and then never came about till now.
Maybe this will get tweeked over time with some of our opinions.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

It looks like this project is coming along nicely but I was struck by the contrast of the 1.0 vs 2.0.
Bally/Williams really nailed the music/sound effects/lighting choreography.
It is really a high bar to reach.

DP sure did it with BOP 2.0 ! Just sayin

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As they probably cannot make changes to the 1.0 code, and I assume that you don't want to have to open the coin door, how would you propose they make that happen with just 2 flipper buttons and a start button? A secret flipper code? Hitting the coin ejects? Basically, things that are not realistic in the environments where I think people would take issue with having to shut the game off to change modes...
They could potentially put something in the menu for 2.0 to go to 1.0, but going from 1.0 to 2.0 might be problematic. Would need to see how exactly the initial menu works, and if they can dump back into it after each game...but people would complain about that extra step of having to choose each time too.

Maybe there’s a bit more to it but DP accomplished this on BOP 2.0.

3 weeks later
#944 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

This was very important to us, as well. We feel very strongly that a 2.0 game kit should not prevent people from playing the original game on approved ROMs.
In the event that modified original game ROMs are created and approved, we can make them available as options for the game owner. This is an area I am excited about exploring. I imagine there could be some fun things introduced into original games when ROM memory space limitations are no longer a gating factor...
I love this stuff so much!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Like a real ball save on the original version!

1 month later
#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Anybody here in the 2.0 club that has a good translite and/or speaker panel they’re no longer using and would like to sell? No scratches, please - I’ve already got that version
Please reply via PM so as not to clog this thread which seems mostly oriented towards tech support/bug squashing. Thanks!

Pm sent

1 month later
#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Sounds good I will be around.

While I decided not to get in on this kit, I’m still keeping up to date on these posts. I must say that UVAJED is doing a fantastic job with questions/ support!

2 weeks later
#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:Found another bug in the funhouse2. In attract mode the slingshots and pop bumpers are hot. The flippers are not, but the slingshots and the pops are. which is wrong. And to boot when you tilt, pop bumpers and slingshots stay hot, again wrong thing to do.
Now if you switch to Funhouse1, this problem is not there
Also when you move between the versions with the five seconds start button, I would expect the Williams “bong” to be incorporated into this. It’s a friendly reminder that everything is A-OK

Interesting

#1761 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

So we been playing Rudy 2.0 for the last hour or so. And we all agree the main music should be faster or more intense. Nightmarish.
Something like this clip below:

Couldn’t agree more!

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

picks up at :17 > might be a good speed/theme song when playing?

This sounds too much like what they came up with…. Boring Your first pick is perfect!

#1776 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Pedretti_Gaming when you start work on Pinbot 2.0 PLEASE hire Chris Granner ( Granzo ) for the music.
The audio is an essential aspect of this title in particular.

What do they have to do with BOP 2.0?

2 months later
#1986 1 year ago

Just saw this posted.

3F15AFC1-5EC4-4D4A-94B8-9BE5500E2016 (resized).jpeg3F15AFC1-5EC4-4D4A-94B8-9BE5500E2016 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2080 1 year ago

I peek in this thread from time to time. Is it safe to say this kit has a lot of issues? Seems like there are consistent posts of problems.

4 months later
#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Rumor has it that the second Pedretti 2.0 kit is close to being done. Any guesses as to what the next one will be?
Pedretti Gaming's Next 2.0 Pinball Expansion Kit is Nearing Completion
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pedretti-gaming-s-next-2-0-pinball-expansion-kit-is-nearing-completion

What ever it is , I sure hope it’s better than this!

#2330 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

You’re free to leave the thread again since you only pop in to offer your negative bullshit.

Lol! Why thank you ! It’s just a real disappointment to me as I’ve been interested in this since the day PPS announced this years ago. Now it’s here and the music is slow and boring, Rudy’s voice is different and all the posts of issues. It’s a shame really. That’s just me though.

1 month later
#2449 1 year ago
Quoted from MC35:

I brought home the MGC Best in Show for a Modded game for FH 2.0. it had a line almost all weekend.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the cabinet decals?

4 weeks later
#2608 11 months ago

Hey! It’s only pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.95
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare?tu=mollyspub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.