right lane switch 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_1554 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1551 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1552 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1550 (resized).jpeg
20240225_174730 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

16 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 61.
#701 2 years ago

mikeflan

Thank you for your sincere and knowledgeable input of rules, designers, code, and more

Please don't forget that this is just coming out of beta stage/having it ready to play and enjoy. That was our FIRST mission.

A LOT of what you just (sincerely) mentioned <<we appreciate that, is already in the mix. We want to include each and every suggestion; to blow this out of the water together with everyone in the end....and need everyone's input in the end for it to be MORE than epic.

We have tougher skin than anyone I've ever met (beta testers) and I used to deliver mail for a living. We beat the code and each other up on a daily basis to get things straigtened out, and want to continue to grow with our community.

I don't really feel good saying "we" because I/we/beta testers don't pride ourselves as more important to this being a big success than anyone else should be.

Janos Kiss (lead of the software development team) can/does implement suggestions/'fixes' before we're done mentioning it.

This is just the beginning....not the end

#702 2 years ago

Thanks for posting the videos UVAJED and @stumblor!

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Thanks for posting the videos UVAJED and stumblor!

We're doing what we can.
More unbridled videos to come soon ... including the original Funhouse

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

We're doing what we can.
More unbridled videos to come soon ... including the original Funhouse

That's cool. I would like to see the original play briefly, just to see that it feels true to the stock game.

#705 2 years ago

My first impressions from the video:

Having Rudy call out minutes gained means nothing.

He should call out the time on the clock!

Getting to midnight builds excitement, just randomly caling out minutes means nothing...

Theres no "stop playing with the clock", so it lacks context.

Having Rudy call out the point amounts is silly, when he could just say "Jackpot".

Haunted rollercoaster. Is it just the mine cart mode from IJ? Yawn.

Most of the modes seem really fun though shallow.

The mini-LCD is awsome! The wide screen is more AWESOME!

Over-all I see this as a great start.

Is there a way to add an auto launcher in the code? The game really needs it.

Hidden hallway is under-utilized in the modes.

Keep up the good work! Im ready to see more improvements.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That's cool. I would like to see the original play briefly, just to see that it feels true to the stock game.

I agree and coming tomorrow as far as I know

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

My impressions:
Getting to midnight builds excitement, just randomly caling out minutes means nothing...
Having Rudy call out the point amounts is silly, when he could just say "Jackpot".

Add an auto launcher to the code? The pin doesn’t have the mechanicals for an auto launcher.

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

We took the challenge of making the 1.0 game experience feel just like the original game, very seriously.

We have had players play original games running on FAST controllers (with funhouse it was the original segment displays and original sound boards) have no idea that it wasn't the original MPU.

We did not want buyers of 2.0 games to feel that the game play of the original game somehow got worse.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#709 2 years ago

My impressions:

Great input. Thank you.

He DOES say 'stop playing with the clock' and a ton of other fun throwback things / and mixes it up the original with 2.0 << too much/impossible to get into one video. Wished I could have. Ugh

Have you gotten to the end of Haunted Roller Coaster yet? I will bet you a case of beer that you smile and laugh...if you do

Don't worry, if you can close get to Defeat Evil Rudy (wizard mode) your blood pressure will be MUCH more through the roof than getting to midnight in the original. Guaranteed.

I had chances in the vid today to stack modes (but purposefully didn't). I could have showed off the wizard (Defeat Evil Rudy), but didn't. No spilling the tea or killing anyone's excitement as far as I'm concerned. I/we want each and everyone to experience the fun for themselves

Your input is now logged and we are aware of it. Keep being sincere and thank you, sir.

Rudy is growing out of control. Can we stop him or should we encourage him to keep being 3-sheets to the wind..?!??

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

Add an auto launcher to the code? The pin doesn’t have the mechanicals for an auto launcher.

It can be added if the code supports it. Its not magical, its just another part to be added.

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Thanks for posting the videos. A couple of quick comments:
1) LCDs look great. I mean, really great.
2) Sounds are fine. The new main theme gets just as repetitive in a different, slightly slower way as the original theme.
3) The haunted roller coaster seems fairly throwaway for a mode. Especially if you only have six or so modes. Much rather have that be a random award and another more fleshed out, playable mode take its place.
4) Initial scoring seems fairly unbalanced, with the Nightmare multiball potentially being the majority of the score.
5) Ruleset seems about as shallow as the original Funhouse, and surprisingly similar at first blush, which is a little disappointing. The modes seem fairly basic. I mean, I wasn't expecting Keith Johnson level changes to the rules, but I was hoping for a little more depth to the modes than "hit X shot five times." Even if we're sticking with that, I would have loved to see more personality from Evil Rudy and create more of a narrative to the game. Something like steal the backwards flippers from TSPP and require the player to hit the STEP ramp four times to start a PETS multiball, where Rudy runs AMOK in a pet store letting animals loose. Whatever.
6) The drums on Rudy and the Monkies would get very annoying in a bar environment or on location.
7) I liked the hotdog mode. That said, another hit the target x number of times. Would like to move the required shot around a little more, or even the old alternate the hotdog shot with a ramp requirement to relight the hotdog shot. Something.
8) Didn't see if they had any new skill shots. I like Elwin's use of multiple skill shots available to the player. Possible?
9) No leaderboard or extended high score tables? No Hotdog champion, Clone Killer, etc? Just the regular high scores.
Again, if it sounds like I'm ragging on the game, I'm not. But if feels a little closer to Rudy 1.5 instead of 2.0. What I like, I like a lot, and what I wish for seems doable, but not currently implemented.
For the record, I'm buying one. Just wishing for a little more. Right now it seems like a $2000 upgraded Color DMD with some different sounds and a mildly changed ruleset. It shows a ton of promise, but also a lot of unrealized opportunity. I love it that the game now looks like a modern-era game -- but I wish the ruleset was closer to this decade than 1990.
Mike

For more advanced mode play, you will like "don't you want a balloon" as you pop enough of each balloon, the trapdoor opens for jackpot.

The hole is used to advance the amount of lit shots in melt the clone at the Steps. If maxed out, a left outlane save is provided

For the depth i think mode stacking is for you. It adds a lot of strategy aspects. Timed modes are stackable during MB, so better get them running before you finally lock 3 balls for maximum action.

The ball saver will balance nicely for the added deepness. Funhouse is physically quite a challenging game like most System 11 are. To me the ball saver here and there makes the game feel much more fair and less frustrating than on Funhouse 1.0. While still being a challenge.

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from UVAJED:

Great input. Thank you.
He DOES say 'stop playing with the clock' and a ton of other fun throwback things / and mixes it up the original with 2.0 << too much/impossible to get into one video. Wished I could have. Ugh
Have you gotten to the end of Haunted Roller Coaster yet? I will bet you a case of beer that you smile and laugh...if you do
Don't worry, if you can close get to Defeat Evil Rudy (wizard mode) your blood pressure will be MUCH more through the roof than getting to midnight in the original. Guaranteed.
I had chances in the vid today to stack modes (but purposefully didn't). I could have showed off the wizard (Defeat Evil Rudy), but didn't. No spilling the tea or killing anyone's excitement as far as I'm concerned. I/we want each and everyone to experience the fun for themselves
Your input is now logged and we are aware of it. Keep being sincere and thank you, sir.
Rudy is growing out of control. Can we stop him or should we encourage him to keep being 3-sheets to the wind..?!??

Just my first impressions from a short video.

I love the direction the game is heading!

I just think it needs more polish, a lot more...

That being said, Im in for the duration, deposit paid and waiting to install this update.

Hopefully code updates on the horizon will flesh out the game.

#713 2 years ago

Am I the only one that expected Rudy to be...well a bit more mischievous? It seems like he mostly just does what to hit and point callouts? I didn't catch really much banter with the player, or excitement in the call outs. And as someone else mentioned him calling out "jackpot" seems like it would be better than just calling out points.

As for the modes, they look fun. I didn't expect some epic rework of shots or how it plays, but understand how some may think wood chopping is old school...which yes it is. I'm not really sure how deep you can make the modes and not make the game a trap fest of following a light shot combo around every time.

As mentioned I too feel like the video mode should be a mystery award rather than a flat out game mode.

Note: I didn't watch the entirety of both videos, I skipped around through them so I may have missed a few things and understand not everything was shown. Not wanting to see everything, just a general overall feel. Lightshow looked good, mouth sync looked good. Animations looked great and I enjoyed the music as well.

#714 2 years ago

pinballinreno i love the callouts for the minutes and point values at the trapdoor. I would not agree that all that should be exchanged with just Jackpot, especially for the Million.
During MB there already are callouts for Jackpot and Super-Jackpot

You are right, the game needs more polish, and its really in the middle of getting updated very frequently almost everyday now. I hope you will follow the upcoming videos and continue your valuable fedback, as not only finding glitches but also suggestions are very welcome.

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

that should be exchanged with just Jackpot,

Not necessarity all, but come up with something other than points call-outs.
i.e:

Big points!
Super score!
Amazing!
You did it! etc.

Clock time call outs instead of minutes tells the player that you are advancing the clock.

The clock bongs and music/lighting changes in funhouse 1.0 work well enough.

This has more meaning, especially if the voice has a sense of urgency as you get closer to midnight as well as a few random warnings from Rudy.

I dont need to know about every 10 minutes, hourly/quarterly updates are enough, or to just know that the clock is advancing a little. It sounded repetitive in the video.

Call-outs less and screen info more perhaps?

Theater of Magic as well as Funhouse did a pretty good job on this.

I guess what Im saying is that "less is more".

#716 2 years ago

Pinball lovers,Here is some 1.0 gameplay

And some more extended 2.0 gameplay

Sorry if video quality is not 4K standard in the upload some compression took place.
Enjoy!!

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Enjoy!!

Funhouse 1.0 looks great!

How does it work with the shaker, the same I hope? I love the pinsound shaker in my game.

#718 2 years ago

Yes shaker works the same! And we have now a updated 2.0 shaker code

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Yes shaker works the same! And we have now a updated 2.0 shaker code

Nice!

My game has LEDOCD and GIOCD as well as pinsound and the shaker.

The game is amazing! I dont want to make it lesser of a game.

I love the mini-LCD!

The new 2.0 vid shows more promise.

Call outs still need tweaking imho...

#720 2 years ago

I really hope you all enjoy it!
there are so many nice things to hear and see in funhouse 2.0 and many more callouts or hidden things you will discover when playing the game,as not all can be seen on videos.!

WE as a team will continue to work on the code, and also listen to your input! Have a great day all

#721 2 years ago

Nice!
My game has LEDOCD and GIOCD as well as pinsound and the shaker.
The game is amazing! I dont want to make it lesser of a game.
I love the mini-LCD!
The new 2.0 vid shows more promise.
Call outs still need tweaking imho...

I didnt like my game with led, as there was heavy flicker and dimming did not work. I almost immediately ordered both OCD-Boards years ago when i got my Funhouse.
I could not recommend them more and i can approve that the boards work seamlessly with the 2.0 Kit.

I agree the shaker is a blast (the same great configuration that already existed for 1.0) and a new shaker config adapted for 2.0 in addition. Feels great

#722 2 years ago

Very nice, thank you for sharing.

The autokicker idea is great. I have a "Whirwind ReWrite" with a autolauncher. The best improvement ! Have a ballsaver and on multiball a launcher.
That would a great idea also for the FH.

Nice to see that the 1.0 gameplay is working fine. This was the odd on the first DP BoP 2.0 kits. They used VPIN-Roms for the BoP 1.0 game and it always crashed.
Keep on the great work !

Just bought a FH and ordered the kit some weeks ago.

#723 2 years ago

Looks great!

#724 2 years ago

Looks good - some good feedback in this thread too. I really hope in the future animations can be done for 1.0. I hope 2.0 keeps going with updates and improvements I thought it was a really great introduction to the game. Glad I’ve had my deposit down.

#725 2 years ago

Maybe I missed it in the videos but it doesn't seem that hitting some switches in some modes makes a sound effect (even a small one). The slings and pops did but inlane switches or standups, no aural indication.

#726 2 years ago

The 1.0 sounds great and plays just like the original from what I can see. Personally, you have an opportunity to modernize the animations for 1.0 so I would go that direction. I get there are lots of purists out there you are trying to appease that want the same ole display look but why limit yourself when you have the opportunity to put new animations on the screen like 2.0 does. If they had the technology back then they would have done it. Super impressed with what is done so far mine was ordered day 1 can’t wait to show this off on location for thousands of people to experience.

#727 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Sorry if video quality is not 4K standard in the upload some compression took place.
Enjoy!!

I'm wondering if it's overexposure by the camera, or the while display looks too bright?;is it pretty much black behind the scores in 1.0? Brightness turned up too high?

#728 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Enjoy!!

1st video, at 2:14. Don't think that is right. With the music playing through after the ball gets in Rudy's mouth and "gags"

#729 2 years ago

Looks cool! A few thoughts:

Rudy should *always* react to be being hit by the ball. No matter what mode is running, no matter what awards are queued up for that shot, if the ball hits Rudy in the mouth, he should scream! Seeing the ball hit him without him reacting to it sucks a lot of life out of the character.

Animations look great! Has more character than a lot of what we get on brand new games IMHO.

I'm also pretty curious as to why the lock wasn't used for midnight multiball? If the game doesn't have an auto-plunger, why use a virtual lock when the game has a perfectly good physical lock?

1.0 is missing a few effects that I believe are normally synced to the music, such as the explosion sounds that normally play at the beginning of the jackpot theme. Probably has to do with Pinsound being used, but hopefully with the custom kit this can be resolved.

I also think the alpha-numeric simulation would look better if you could see the unlit segments like on a real one, though that's a very minor complaint.

Quoted from UVAJED:

This is good to hear, but that doesn't mean midnight multiball shouldn't also have good buildup. I think a lot of modern pins fall short in this area, where they forget to generate a lot of excitement/buildup for the easier stuff in favor of the wizard modes and such. Most casual players won't ever see the wizard modes, so it's important that they can see some exciting stuff too!

#730 2 years ago

To answer some questions . Funhouse 1.0 is perfect as it is playwise and we won’t change anything about that. Audio is running via pinsound

2.0 is the focus for us

yzfguy it’s angle of the cam for some part ,so you get a much higher brightness on the 1.0 as there Is nothing but black background. It’s a verry nice panel but no OLED black.
Will have better blacks then on the video when looking straight at the panel

Switches and targets have sound

Don’t forget that the game is still beta and we work hard everyday to make it even better. Between what we now showed and when the game hit your doorstep there will be a few codes.But we wanted to show you all what a great game is already there for you all to try! And we love all the feedback good or bad . As you can’t make everybody happy

#731 2 years ago

Greetings everyone, hope all is well.

Definitely interested as I did a full restoration last year and spared no expense and did the whole LED and GI OCD, Kruzman playfield, replaced and cleaned everything as well as a Pinsound +, speakers and added their shaker motor.

Do any of the testers know if the Pinsound XL board allows use of their shaker motor setup and software?

Great job so far, especially in the videos and can’t wait to see how this progresses.

Stay safe everyone and thanks for any help regarding the shaker motor.

#732 2 years ago

Pinball_Eddie yes if you have the pinsound shaker it “should”be plug and play on this kit!

Have a good day

#733 2 years ago

I'm so impressed with all the hard work that went into making this kit and I'm looking forward to installing it on my Funhouse. Thank you to all the beta testers that have worked so closely with the developers in this past month too. Sounds like there are some great additional feedback that has occurred over the course of the past 12 hours (some of which is VERY good feedback to have - such as Rudy heckling more and reacting to any/all hits to the jaw)

Kudos, kudos, kudos! This is certainly more work than you're getting credit for. Rest assured that what you have done is nothing short of amazing and any/all feedback is in direct support of your mission to produce a stellar 2.0 package for a classic title. I tip my had to you. Many thanks.

#734 2 years ago

Watching in a little more detail today.

1. I had missed that there are...essentially 2 Rudy personalities.

2. During Hotdog Combat, there seems to be a lack of feedback when you hit superdog targets. As this is....a fight...Rudy should be making some sort of noise when he attacks (Hya!, Muleeeekick - or at the very least some fight sounds (punching/kicking etc). Something to tell the player there is something going on.

3. I am in the camp that the 10 minute callouts are too much... Since I am not sure what the 'goal' of the game is, does Rudy WANT you to get to midnight, or does he not want you to get to midnight? Either way, occasionally he should comment on this (such as the 1.0 stop playing with the clock!).

4. As with Hotdog Combat, there seems to be a lack of callouts during modes (other than point callouts). If these are Rudy's nightmares, shouldn't he be commenting as you make shots - whether toward the player or towards the game itself (ie: attack of the clones - it feels like he should be making comments about the clones like "get 'em!" or "yeahhh!" as you progress through shots. Or, mumbling "oh no oh no no no" if he isn't happy you made a shot (or missed a shot).
Same with the rollercoaster mode, feels like he should make some comments like "look out!" or "be careful!" or "you're a terrible driver" (that is assuming he is wanting you to get through it - if he doesn't than he should be antagonizing you as you make it through)

Just some initial thoughts - as you can tell most of mine are regarding the feedback the game gives you - which is what is huge about Funhouse.

Overall it is looking really good!

#735 2 years ago

Man I hope to see some of this feedback implemented

Quoted from Zablon:

Watching in a little more detail today.
1. I had missed that there are...essentially 2 Rudy personalities.
2. During Hotdog Combat, there seems to be a lack of feedback when you hit superdog targets. As this is....a fight...Rudy should be making some sort of noise when he attacks (Hya!, Muleeeekick - or at the very least some fight sounds (punching/kicking etc). Something to tell the player there is something going on.
3. I am in the camp that the 10 minute callouts are too much... Since I am not sure what the 'goal' of the game is, does Rudy WANT you to get to midnight, or does he not want you to get to midnight? Either way, occasionally he should comment on this (such as the 1.0 stop playing with the clock!).
4. As with Hotdog Combat, there seems to be a lack of callouts during modes (other than point callouts). If these are Rudy's nightmares, shouldn't he be commenting as you make shots - whether toward the player or towards the game itself (ie: attack of the clones - it feels like he should be making comments about the clones like "get 'em!" or "yeahhh!" as you progress through shots. Or, mumbling "oh no oh no no no" if he isn't happy you made a shot (or missed a shot).
Same with the rollercoaster mode, feels like he should make some comments like "look out!" or "be careful!" or "you're a terrible driver" (that is assuming he is wanting you to get through it - if he doesn't than he should be antagonizing you as you make it through)
Just some initial thoughts - as you can tell most of mine are regarding the feedback the game gives you - which is what is huge about Funhouse.
Overall it is looking really good!

#736 2 years ago

Hello to Everyone!

I reply to some Questions related to game-play videos:

- All the targets and switches have their dedicated sounds + some "Easter eggs sounds"

- All the playfield in 2.0 game is used and integrated in games. Or like the right lower scoop have their mini game.

- These videos are for showing the game atmosphere and how much effort we put in.

- Kit is super easy to install and Pinsound Shaker is plug and play.

- 1.0 game shaker have the excisting shaker code , 2.0 game have his shaker code.

- Game is structured for be funny and playable for every kind of player, Casual players have their 2ball multi-balls and so cool and "easy" satisfaction. "PRO" player have a lot lot to do before defeat Evil Rudy. 2.0 game is pure fun and full of things to do and stuff to discover..... Cuckoooo

- We have more than 200 Callouts in the 2.0 game

- Rudy always react to the ball hit, in a good or evil way...

- Now we are focused to make the 2.0 near perfection, for UPGRADE to the 1.0 we have time...

#737 2 years ago

Not that anyone asked, but here are my thoughts...
I feel like I am 99 percent going to go thru with this purchase. I've been watching these a few times and while I really don't love the voice, I think I will be ok with it. It is what it is. I know I will never try to change clips in the software, so I am hoping for some of the above suggestions to be implemented. I too enjoy Rudy's taunting and I like the out of character clips in here making him seem possessed
I agree that any time you hit him in the mouth, he should react, when it goes in there and there is no sound, it seems like something isn't working. You will never make everyone totally happy, and I get that. I think it's cool to add almost a new game to an existing one, but I will probably miss the "real" display while playing the original game. The mirror too, although I guess the replicated bulbs are at least functionally the same.
Sucks for me that I have upgraded speakers and a new pinscore display recently added to my game that will be replaced and sitting in a box with the boards, but who knew? It would be a perfect kit for a restoration of a blown out game with beat boards, speakers, display, etc.

Anyway, assuming the original feels close enough, I'm hoping for an alternate version that will be cool and amusing, and just the idea of playing my existing game with a color display is friggin awesome. Looking forward to more positive additions and getting this kit in my game. Thanks for all the work, guys.

#738 2 years ago

Thank you all for the positive feedback and suggestions so far. We truly appreciate that.

Although we might not be able to respond to each and every question/suggestion here (still working on this 7-days/week), rest assured that we have not overlooked any single post on here; nor will we moving forward.

We're in it to win it with and for you all.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I really don't love the voice

This is the beauty of Pinsound.

I agree the voice is unique, but lacks the proper inflections to make it seem natural and a willing part of the game.

Right now it seems forced and just a beta test sample, waiting for a good voice actor to step in.

Of the moment, it really doesnt flow or seem to be the right inflection or emotion as the game progresses.

With Pinsound, I can imagine that people who can do a better job will step up and release new orchestrations to satisfy the need.

Some of the Pinsound work done by enthusiasts has been amazing, from re-recording music, and to record new voice overs!

So, I am not concerned.

#740 2 years ago

Can’t evenn imagine the amount of work involved in doing this. Thanks. My deposits been in since day one for what its worth?
Have played just about every game out there and my 2 favorite “jackpots” are FH and TZ. Rudy”s scream, just awesome.
It would be nice to have some of that excitement in Rudy 2.0, rude call outs some yelling a scream or 2, maybe even a couple “you sausage”??(lmao every time I hear that)
Watching a video of someone playing pinball is kind of a snore fest, but the Rudy 2.0, zzzzzz.
Is it just me or does the background music need to pick up the tempo (a lot).
I think its great that you guys are paying attention to the comments.
Overall, I can’t wait!

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I didn't catch really much banter with the player

I agree the banter is what gives the game its amazing charm.

From what I have seen, there is none.

Rudy does not interact well with the player like he used to.

One other thing, is that there was nothing to make me laugh or chuckle. Its just not as fun as it could be.

It takes a lot of work and fine tuning to bring a game to life.

The Bally/Williams team were really good at this. Inside jokes, funny phrases and witty humor made them the greatest.

Harsh criticisms have to made, heard and addressed.

This version 2.0 has great potential, but its yet to be seen unfortunately.

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

cool and amusing

I agree. Its interesting, but not amusing.

Even a fart joke would break up the monotony...

#743 2 years ago

After seeing the gameplay video and all the hard work going into this from hardware,
Software, to testing, I’m glad I found a funhouse and even more excited to have my deposit in with planetary pinball!!

#744 2 years ago

All I can say there are callouts and sounds you all have not seen. We don’t show the full game …. Haha

Trust me when I say in 2.0 that evil rudy and rudy himself will be a joy to hear talking to you in a way you all are talking about ! That’s all for now

#745 2 years ago

Hello team, if it’s possible, would you be able to add more “taunting” call-outs or place in the ability to select taunting levels high, medium and low in the options sort of like Metallica.

Also, does the kit come with a shaker motor?

(Day one pre-order

#746 2 years ago

I know that developing this kit is more work than most of us can truly appreciate. I would like to commend the whole team on the undoubtedly tremendous effort to get this project to a release ready point. More importantly, I am grateful that the software team is willing and able to implement suggestions/feedback from customers.

I agree wholeheartedly with most of the feedback on callouts, especially pinballinreno comments about the minutes/clock.

I know that I made this suggestion earlier, but I’m going to make it again/expand on it since I feel that it’s REALLY important. Due to the playfield layout, Funhouse tends to be a stop and go game. There are a lot of moments without action where the pacing of the game is kept lively purely on the tenor and meter of the music and callouts. With 2.0, I feel like the music has a slowing effect on an already slowish game. It lacks energy. If it’s creepy but fun (tough combo) you’re going for, you might find greater success with a faster tempo and some discordant/minor key music tweaks. I suggest erring on the side of funny and fun. Rudy just with his appearance makes things creepy.

Another of my main concerns continues to be that a good portion of the success of 1.0 was the result of Rudy’s sense of humor. Humor comes down to a finicky balance of good material, artful delivery and comedic timing. 2.0 misses the comedic mark. Rudy feels relegated to announcer status rather than being a funny, mischievous character. pinballinreno has also addressed this concern

I am less concerned about rules as those can be more easily tweaked and manipulated. At this stage of development, the rules are disappointing in their depth and creative alternate uses of the playfield. Some excellent suggestions have already been made here in this thread. I am confident that the rules will develop with time.

It is the voice acting/script and music integration that concerns me the most and will, for now, hold me back from buying a kit.

I wish the developers success and applaud their ambition and hard work. I’m sure this will be fun as is for many as pinball sounds & rules are highly subjective and personal. I hope to be lured in to the 2.0 club at some point in the future.

#747 2 years ago

So I’ve watched the videos a few times and read the posts. I really want to like this but I just can’t get into it.
Few reasons…
Background music is just plain boring
Rudy’s gulp is pretty lame
The awful dog squeek toy noise from the slings
Rudy saying 10 minutes over and over
The dark evil voice call outs just don’t blend in
Rudy didn’t always react when hitting him
Maybe a few more but you get the idea.
It’s a real shame as I was excited since the day PPS announced this was happening YEARS ago and then never came about till now.
Maybe this will get tweeked over time with some of our opinions.

#748 2 years ago

I’m probably going to get clobbered for saying this, but to me it’s more like a good home brew than what a Williams/Bally/Stern/JJP would release. Please prove me wrong. I really want to like this.

#749 2 years ago

It looks like this project is coming along nicely but I was struck by the contrast of the 1.0 vs 2.0.

Bally/Williams really nailed the music/sound effects/lighting choreography.

It is really a high bar to reach.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

It looks like this project is coming along nicely but I was struck by the contrast of the 1.0 vs 2.0.
Bally/Williams really nailed the music/sound effects/lighting choreography.
It is really a high bar to reach.

DP sure did it with BOP 2.0 ! Just sayin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

There are 3,033 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/funhouse-20-rudy-s-nightmare/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.